Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: Birds, Broads and Breakups

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:

LMAO - Ramona, in her talking head, still believes her lie. Literally caught on camera chirping "62" and now trying to convince everyone she was at table 61... ha ha ha...

Right?! Then, she actually pushes Dorinda for calling her out on it and telling the truth. Wonder if she'll try defending herself on Twitter tonight.

Edited by Quita
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
43 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Hang on, Tinsley doesn't feel comfortable with public speaking in an Al Anon meeting, but she's on a reality TV show that lots of people watch?  WTF??

In my job, I am sometimes interviewed on camera and do a lot of public speaking. I never pay attention to the camera.  I read all the time that reality stars often forget the cameras are rolling. When I am speaking to an audience, I am always aware of being on stage even though I am comfortable doing it. I can only imagine if one is not used to it.

I don’t know why Ramona lies so often. She is always caught in her lies and ends up looking ridiculous. I’m glad Mario got away from her. Let her stay thirsting after him.

• Love 22
14 minutes ago, Quita said:

Right?! Then, she actually pushes Dorinda for actually calling her out on it and telling the truth. Wonder if she'll try defending herself on Twitter tonight.

I cannot wait until the Reunion, and see how Ramona will try to wiggle out of this one.  You know it will come up - they replayed the voiceover of the event organizer telling her the table FOUR times.

And, Ramona, for the record - you should never swear on your child's life if you are not telling the truth!  Avery must be freaking out at her mother right now!  

• Love 19

Who cares who Barbara likes or doesn’t like she’s not a part of this group. 

She's like the unpopular girl that your mother makes you invite to your party because she's friends with the girl's mother. 

18 MINUTES AGO,  NEUROCHICK SAID: 

So women in their forties or older should just talk about...knitting?  God forbid older women talk about sex!  OMG, the horror! 

No, not at all. They should talk about sex all they want. Treat yo self! But there's playful talk among friends and gratuitous bragging/one-upping. I'm speaking of the latter, That includes crassness like Bethenny and her Cool Girl  pussy, ram it in, fuck cursing.

Exactly!  They talk about sex the way virgin guys brag about getting laid ... they talk to impress rather than with any insight. Like they are aiming to be in Sex and the City:  The Golden Girl years.   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 12

I missed the beginning of the Spa Lunch - where was that apartment and who owned it??  It was absolutely stunning!!  Loved Luann comparing that HUGE terrace to her little walk-around terrace in Tom's "penthouse"!!  Luann is really coming across badly this season - not a redemption season for her!  Tuning out after she took Tinsley to an Al Anon meeting was so rude!  I just can't make excuses for Luann this season - she is dreadful.

Sonja, too, is grating on my nerves this season - I guess she's back to drinking again, and it ain't pretty.  The way she threw herself at Mario (I know - she's done that before), and that other guy in the bar was just sooo desperate.  And, the way she seemed more interested in seeing her photos on the table at the artist's gallery/studio than she was at seeing his current work.  Who wants to bet the artist has revolving photos like that, and puts past/potential clients' photos out when they are coming to visit?  

Bethenny's fashion sense this year seems to have taken a nosedive - except for her stunning outfit in the Hamptons when she hosted Luann and Barbara for lunch, I haven't really liked too many outfits - that rainbow sequin bomber jacket was tacky (probably cost about $3,000.00, but it was still tacky).  I also noticed that she must be wearing her Skinnygirl jeans a lot, but she is always pulling them up by the waistband when she wears them.  If jeans fit correctly, you shouldn't have to do that. 

And, Ramona lied again - she and Mario definitely hooked up!  Wasn't there all kinds of rumors floating about them having a reconciliation?  She was much too coy about what happened that night.

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

So women in their forties or older should just talk about...knitting?  God forbid older women talk about sex!  OMG, the horror!

No, but there is a thing called balance.  I've always believed if you talk about sex all the time, it usually either means they dont have it often..or are insecure about it.

Also, Dorinda needs rehab...she's mean, bitter and uglier on the inside than Bethenny...and that's saying something.

• Love 19
29 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I cannot wait until the Reunion, and see how Ramona will try to wiggle out of this one.  You know it will come up - they replayed the voiceover of the event organizer telling her the table FOUR times.

And, Ramona, for the record - you should never swear on your child's life if you are not telling the truth!  Avery must be freaking out at her mother right now!  

She already apologized on Twitter and said she was wrong.  They have long moved on.  Ramona and Dorinda are friends off camera.

The big blowup this season is going to be between Bethenny and Luann.  That hurricane is coming. 

Lu was promoting Ramona's Ageless skin care line, so not hard to figure out how the loyalties shake out.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, sashayshante said:

I get all kinds of eye rolley when I listen to women in their forties and older try to prove how sexual and into sex they are. It's like they're terrified people will know their real age or - GASP - that they're menopausal.

Yea I don’t need to hear women of any age being overly descriptive and crass about their sex lives, TYVM.  

But I didn’t realize that women who are pre or post menopausal weren’t having the sex. 

13 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Does anyone else think Ramona is maybe jealous that Barbara has a good body?

No. I think Ramona fancies herself in a far more attractive league than Babs. 

Speaking of The Moaner—the table debacle. Oy.  To paraphrase Kyle R from BH—“You’re such a f$&@cking liar Ramona!”

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

And, beside the fact that Luann cannot carry a tune to save her life, she is even worse at "rapping" - she has no sense of rhythm!!  

Her "rapping" was almost so-bad-it's-good. So cringey, it almost came all the way around.

Buuuut not quite, so just stayed in the embarrassingly bad -- this isn't going to be good for anyone category.

Also, her hair this year has been terrible in every single scene.

• Love 12

To me, the only redeeming thing about this episode was that Mama Dale wasn't there. Can you imagine the grief she would have been giving Tinsley for breaking up with Scott? I'm sure she gave her plenty behind the scenes, but at least we weren't subjected to it.

• Love 18

(Movie Trailer Guy Voice):   

"In a world...........where Clinton is still President............ this season, on The Real Housewives of New York City........"

Anyway I love this show.

I'm sure Dorinda is telling the truth and Ramona is lying but I don't go anywhere depending on a friend to entertain me.  Then again, I do entertain my friends when I'm worried they'll be alone at an event.  I just don't expect people to do that for me and I go where I want when I want, even if alone.  The editors LOVED showing Ramona for the liar she is though, over and over and over again.

If I never hear the words Big Apple Circus again it will be too soon.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

She already apologized on Twitter and said she was wrong.  They have long moved on.  Ramona and Dorinda are friends off camera and hang out often.

Check Twitter she did not admit to the truth she just claims they are on good terms. She is still spinning the story. She would not recognize truth if it slapped her in the face!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
30 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

No, not a new love, that parrot’s whistle is a sign from Dennis himself, her one,true love (except when he wasn’t).

I thought it was so funny that last episode we're all talking about how Bethenny claims everyone in the world is hitting on her - even the dead! - and this episode it was freaking birds!  How much more outlandish can it get?   Maybe aliens visiting earth next?  

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

Check Twitter she did not admit to the truth she just claims they are on good terms. She is still spinning the story. She would not recognize truth if it slapped her in the face!

She said she messed up.  She was talking about being on "good terms" with Mario.

Really, this isn't all that deep.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I missed the beginning of the Spa Lunch - where was that apartment and who owned it??  It was absolutely stunning!!  Loved Luann comparing that HUGE terrace to her little walk-around terrace in Tom's "penthouse"!!  Luann is really coming across badly this season - not a redemption season for her!  Tuning out after she took Tinsley to an Al Anon meeting was so rude!  I just can't make excuses for Luann this season - she is dreadful.

I believe it was a suite at the Lotte NY Palace Hotel. It's a beautiful hotel.

I agree about Luann. She is insufferable. Can't be bothered with it if it isn't about her.

• Love 16
40 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Sonja, too, is grating on my nerves this season - I guess she's back to drinking again, and it ain't pretty.  The way she threw herself at Mario (I know - she's done that before), and that other guy in the bar was just sooo desperate.  And, the way she seemed more interested in seeing her photos on the table at the artist's gallery/studio than she was at seeing his current work.  Who wants to bet the artist has revolving photos like that, and puts past/potential clients' photos out when they are coming to visit?  

Bethenny's fashion sense this year seems to have taken a nosedive - except for her stunning outfit in the Hamptons when she hosted Luann and Barbara for lunch, I haven't really liked too many outfits - that rainbow sequin bomber jacket was tacky (probably cost about $3,000.00, but it was still tacky).  I also noticed that she must be wearing her Skinnygirl jeans a lot, but she is always pulling them up by the waistband when she wears them.  If jeans fit correctly, you shouldn't have to do that. 

And, Ramona lied again - she and Mario definitely hooked up!  Wasn't there all kinds of rumors floating about them having a reconciliation?  She was much too coy about what happened that night.

Not that it matters, but I’m certain B’a jacket was Gucci. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Well, she's shared a lot of her stuff on the show.  She's not anonymous on the show.  I think Tinsley just thinks too much of herself.  OMG...sharing shit with....gasp...strangers...but I go on a reality TV show and show my ass.  Sorry, still thinking WTF.

Public speaking is one thing. Making yourself emotionally vulnerable in front of a group of people is a whole different ball of wax.

i know people who can speak eloquently in front of 100s of people, but cannot talk to 5 people at the same time when it makes you emotionally vulnerable with no guards in place to protect your core self.

• Love 22
1 minute ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Jackie Hoffman was on WWHL last night. Andy asked her what she thought of Sonja claiming that Tinsley was unf- - -able. Jackie replied, “Why? Because she has manners?” 

I saw that - LOL! I love Jackie's take on the housewives. She's so funny!

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, twilightzone said:

She said she messed up.  She was talking about being on "good terms" with Mario.

Really, this isn't all that deep.

On top she keeps insisting she gave dorinda a seat at her table and that she did not ditch her but yes she says she messed up. This after swearing to a lie...she can’t admit to the truth. That’s not an apology. And no she is never deep.

Edited by tranquilidade
  • Love 15