Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: Birds, Broads and Breakups

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yes Alessandro Michele is the designer for Gucci now and has a very very very very particular aesthetic.  It's not for everyone.  Very different from the sexy, sleek Tom Ford Gucci I grew up with 1994-2004  (Not that I could afford it either.)

Alessandro Michele first pic.

Tom Ford Gucci / 1990s second pic.

alessandro-michele-for-gucci-harrods-exclusive-collection.jpg

gucci-tom-ford-1.jpg

Top left must be Haight Ashbury/Sexy Librarian/Consignment Shop inspired.

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yes Alessandro Michele is the designer for Gucci now and has a very very very very particular aesthetic.  It's not for everyone.  Very different from the sexy, sleek Tom Ford Gucci I grew up with 1994-2004  (Not that I could afford it either.)

gucci-tom-ford-1.jpg

I prefer old school Gucci.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

gucci-tom-ford-1.jpg

New Gucci looks like old school Missoni to me!

Keeping on topic....ummm.... not sure how... damn! Um... Tinsley looked cute up on the trapeze!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TwopLurker said:

The artist was a real life version of Otho from Beetlejuice and I don’t know if I loved him or hated him.

OMG - yes!  I loved that bunny couch and wall of paintings more than I care to admit.

• Love 13
48 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I'm really amazed there is anyone on the board that likes Beth anymore.  What is there to like?  She's either a neurotic crying mess, vulgar, mean, all-knowing, self-serving.  The only time I like her anymore is when she's handing out Visa cards.  I used to love her when she had some humility.  

I assume there is editing at play, but how does it look like in the same dinner Bethenny goes after Luann hardcore, but then B is the one who ends up a sobbing mess?  Weird.  She needs to adjust her meds. 

I'm so glad that Ramona has taken it upon herself to declare the wrap dress dead.  I want to see her face off against Diane Von Furstenberg and tell her that.  The wrap dress is flattering on Barbara, let it go Ramona.  

• Love 24

Ramona's memory would be much better if she wasn't drinking all of the time.  I think she's a functioning alcoholic, much like Brad Pitt admitted.   She's probably wasted from morning to night, and she's one of those people who can somewhat hide it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
Just now, TexasGal said:

I assume there is editing at play, but how does it look like in the same dinner Bethenny goes after Luann hardcore, but then B is the one who ends up a sobbing mess?  Weird.  She needs to adjust her meds. 

When Beth goes on her crying jags, it's soooooo bizarre.   She really seems like a mental patient.

• Love 17

I think Ramona went after Barb because Ramona could never look that good in a wrap dress.  Ramona has great legs and arms, but a terribly bloated midsection from all the alcohol.   Ramona is probably worried she’d look like a maternity model in a wrap dress.

AB3A9387-7716-4180-9729-E48CE50D9C0D.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 6

Something I noticed about Tinsley last night. She keeps saying "That's the woman I need to be." Not want, desire to be, but need. That just worries me. Who does she need to be that for, herself, Dale, to get the husband she wants? I just feel bad for her. 

• Love 24
3 hours ago, JD5166 said:

Agreed! another unpopular opinion I kind of like Barbara! I think Ramona is threatened because Barbara is also a bad ass business woman who knows how to wield a hammer. She’s alright in my book, I’d hang with her....bellybutton and all. 

Oh, and because she MIGHT swing both ways...Ramona probably thinks that’s gross, when in fact , her x husband is the grossest. 

I like Barbara too.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Not that it matters, but I’m certain B’a jacket was Gucci. 

I thought the same when I saw it. Remember last season when Dennis wore that abomination of a yellow and purple sweater? B was saying how much she hated it (I think?) and he was all, "But it's Gucci!"

Dennis-Shields-Bethenny-Frankel-Dinner-RHONY.jpg

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Did anyone catch Luann talking about how she went to Al-Anon because alcoholism runs "in her family"?  Is that even true? I thought she was the alcoholic?

Don't know for sure, but many times it is a "family disease."

Didn’t Hugh Grant get busted getting it on in a car with with a cross dressing dude ? Lu is rather masculine......

Divine Brown was the woman he got caught with.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I didn't get the impression that Dale was terribly fond of Scott, nor thought that he was "the one".

I thought that Dale liked Scott early on, when she thought he would be "the one" (or at least his bank account) to give Dale  Tinsley the life she deserves. When he did not jump at the chance to marry Tins and/or fertilize her children-to-be, I think she became less fond of him. 

I actually didn't mind seeing Mario again, even if it was a set up by production. He is certainly much easier on the eyes than any of the other guys of the same age that the howives socialize with. I was really hoping the editing monkeys had shown this pic of Mario, Ramona and Sonja. Mario looks much more into Sonja than Ro, complete with his hand on Sonja's butt. Like some others here, I have always thought that at least in the last year or two Ramona and Mario were married, there was something going on with Son and Mario. 

Ramona_Singer_Mario_Sonja_Morgan_bikini_sandwich-490x570.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
37 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Sorry, that preview makes me wanna "dust my shoulders." B is having another meltdown on vacation. I said last year she was turning into Kelly Bensimone. It's not the breakdown of Carole's friendship. It's not the custody arrangement. It's not work. It's not Jason's e-mails. It's not moving. It's not even Dennis. It's HER. 

She's only losing her shit on Lu because Lu has the audacity to move on with life and feel worthy of being the center of attention. B helped Lu, thinking Lu would bow to her forever. There was no friendship or altruism there. It was just B trying to glue Lu to the bottom of her shoe. I knew Lu wouldn't go quietly into that good night. Oh no - she's a cabaret star! Yes Lu is insufferable but watching B flip out about it brings me such joy because she's having a bigger meltdown than Sonja all due to the fact that she's not the hottest, coolest girl and the center of attention 24x7. 

Oh yeah and that's why she hates Tinsley so much. It's kind of hilarious watching B and Sonja trash her in the limo, when B has had more heartache and failed relationships than one can count and she's written a book admitting it. And Sonja... well she's everything she wants to accuse Tinsley of being. Fuck both of them. B looks like a fucking crypt keeper. I don't care how much designer crap she throws on herself. All her money and all her "knowledge" can't fix the fact that she's a miserable person and her life is nothing but tragedy. I wouldn't want her life for any amount of cash. 

Am I the only hopeless romantic on the planet who wept last night watching Ramona and Mario? I know he was an awful cad and I hated him for it, but I'd LOVE to see them back together. I know Sonja would too. Yes she's an awful flirt but I think she felt like their kid in that friendship and having them together was this safe place for her. Lu is the one I'd be scared of. Lu and Ro have a long-standing feud and I would NOT put it past her to sleep with Mario just to screw with Ramona - "countless" remark aside. 

I sometimes wonder if Beth wishes she was the girl who was struggling to make it.  I feel like she is paranoid.  Doesn't trust anyone now that she's wealthy.   And maybe she thought being successful and wealthy would make her happy and realizes that even with all that she isn't.  Sometimes I wonder if having everything you could ever want for in life come true only highlights how truly unhappy the person is.  If you have it all and are unhappy, what else is there?  Most of us just dream that our lives would be sooooo much happier with wealth.

On Mario on Ramona, I hear you.  He is a cad but yeah, there's a part of me that wishes Ramona and he could work things out and be happy. That maybe he saw the grass wasn't greener.  Although I suspect he cheated the entire marriage.  She clearly is still in love with him.

• Love 19

Ok, Barbara is no idiot. Killing Ramona with kindness turned that scene around quick. Ramona should be ashamed for her mean girl insults, and for swearing on her daughter’s life, when she was lying all along. 

The body language in that Ramona/ Mario/Sonja photo speaks volumes........

• Love 23

I have a very unpopular opinion ... I don’t think Mario is that much of a cad.  He is absolutely someone I would not marry, but I think Ramona was fine with his shortcomings.  I got a strong vibe that he was cheating in the very first season and that she knew.  Some people want to stay married to a cheater for a variety of reasons (kids, religion, family pressure, etc) and I felt Ramona was in that category.  I do think he was awful towards the end when he was public about it because if they did have an arrangement I’m sure it included being discreet and he was very disrespectful towards Ramona at the end.  In summary, I think he was poor marriage material but they made it work for a very long time until he was a butt head at the end, but I don’t think he is a “cad”.   Ducking for cover now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
9 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Ok, Barbara is no idiot. Killing Ramona with kindness turned that scene around quick. Ramona should be ashamed for her mean girl insults, and for swearing on her daughter’s life, when she was lying all along. 

The body language in that Ramona/ Mario/Sonja photo speaks volumes........

Barbara handling Ramona with kindness reminds me of when Heathe4 would smile/grin at Ramona than follow her around a party freaking her out.

I also recall Carole in season 5 attempting to handle Ramona by discussing a situation with facts, logic and common sense...and in a talking head realizing that wasnt going to work with Ramona.

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

I noticed several times this episode that when Tinsley was speaking  the  other women would  talk over her, ignore her, or speak to someone else. It’s so freakin rude!  

The circus didn’t ask Dorinda  to be ring master because they didn’t want the audience sprayed with spittle.

Bethenny fiancé died and she’s boned someone else before his body cooled, but Tinsley has issues with relationships? 

Lu is an sober asshole.

i like Barbara a bit more now when she admitted to not liking Ramona. 

The wrap dress will always be in fashion. It is an iconic style. It’s extremely flattering on most body types, but wonky eyes wouldn’t know that. 

Mario was, and will  always be a cheating jerk. He was always scanning the room for a hot babe. There is ample evidence back in the RHONY episode archives. It wasn’t a midlife crisis. 

Every word of this, mah friend.   Oh, yeah.  Mario was eye-boning women in front of Ramonster during season one.  He’s slung a lot of dick to other women during their marriage.   I mean, theoretically she didn’t deserve that but.....

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Who cares who Barbara likes or doesn’t like she’s not a part of this group. 

When Barbara did her apology/hugs tour at Dorinda's spa day - I got Eden Sassoon vibes.

Did anyone notice how Sonja didn't want to hug Barbara? Nor do we see Luann treat Barbara like they are besties at all.

tumblr_oklywbIPaf1rru3plo1_400.gif

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sai said:

Before I post I'm going to have to put out a disclaimer:  I travel to Massachusetts for work and they have legal weed there so I bought some gummies, took one, and I am gone! I don't do this so I'm not used to it, lol!!

I laughed my ass off the entire episode!  Not even gonna blame it on the gummies cuz NY bitches make me laugh all the time anyway. 

Ramona:  when Barbara went up to her and was being apologetic and Ramona says "you love those wrap dresses" I swear, I lost it.  

I thought it was a fun and frothy episode, too. 

I loved Sonja and Bethenny at the artist's loft. We saw only a short, edited portion of it and it was fun to witness Bethenny's amazement. She enjoyed the art and who wouldn't be surprised to suddenly come across all of those birds and crack up over them cat calling her with the whistle. She wasn't being a narcissist who thinks she has some magical powers over birds, she was just having fun. I'd have been surprised, too. As someone here noted, the artist is the real deal and this was the first time, as she said, getting a glimpse into Sonja's former life. She also thought it was pretty cool to see Tinsley's photo. 

I liked single nights, too. When you live in a city like New York, it's nice to have what one of them called their own "Cheers," especially when you're older and like to go out.  I think people do that here in WDC, as well. They're supposed to be entertaining us, ergo the silly stuff Sonja says. 

Neither Ramona or Barbs is my cup of tea, but they certainly brought it last night. Ramona is lucky Dorinda hadn't started in on the Champagne when she pushed her or there would have been a huge battle. She also was incredibly rude to Barbara, who was an exceptionally good sport. Hoping they actually go on the shopping trip.

Good on Ramona if she and Mario get it on from time to time. They seem to have come to very good terms, which I'm sure their daughter appreciates very much. Why not have a good fuck with someone you know and once were in love, with as long as nobody's getting hurt. It's better than sleeping with randos.

Luann was her despicable egotistical self as usual.

Felt a bit sad for Tinsley. Hope she wasn't expecting any sympathy from this group over her breakup with Scott. Poor thing really is the Skipper of the group. It's helping her reclaim her place in NY society, though.

A lot of people have suggested that Mario and Sonja have had sex. I don't think Sonja would do that to her friend no matter how drunk she might be.

Edited by politichick
to add something
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Didn’t Hugh Grant get busted getting it on in a car with with a cross dressing dude ? Lu is rather masculine......

Divine Brown is a woman.

I think you're mixing up Hugh Grant's scandal with Eddie Murphy's.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I have a very unpopular opinion ... I don’t think Mario is that much of a cad.  He is absolutely someone I would not marry, but I think Ramona was fine with his shortcomings.  I got a strong vibe that he was cheating in the very first season and that she knew.  Some people want to stay married to a cheater for a variety of reasons (kids, religion, family pressure, etc) and I felt Ramona was in that category.  I do think he was awful towards the end when he was public about it because if they did have an arrangement I’m sure it included being discreet and he was very disrespectful towards Ramona at the end.  In summary, I think he was poor marriage material but they made it work for a very long time until he was a butt head at the end, but I don’t think he is a “cad”.   Ducking for cover now.

Totally agree.   It seemed obvious she knew so her season four whatwhatwhat? at LuAnn’s setup in Morocco re Mario and other women was pretty LOL.  As was her vow renewal at 17 years.   It seems all that changed was Mario fatiguing for real in terms of staying married.  She filed but he was beyond done and forced her hand.   Neither are strong people.  

That Players Bar, Walking Dead of the Upper East Side was scarier than the Star Wars bar.   Seeing all those slack-bodied scummy gramps thinking they have game scarred me.  LADIES YOU CAN DO BETTER.   

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Did anyone catch Luann talking about how she went to Al-Anon because alcoholism runs "in her family"?  Is that even true? I thought she was the alcoholic?

I don't think Luann believes she is.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The fish room is triggering for Lu but going to a meat market bar who’s clientele hasn’t changed since the 80s isn’t? Okay, Lu!

Aren't the addicted supposed to stay away from people, places and things that triggered their addiction?  Funny how Lu keeps showing up in all those places, willingly too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I like Dorinda and Tinsley as friends.   They seem to have fun and have a cool dynamic.   Lu, Ramona, Sonja and B carry are each an intoxicating, individuated combo of crazy crackpot liar that even fun escapades curdle way too often.   Their scene was fun. It also showed (much like the tennis scene where Ramona and her gut eventually stomped away because no fair!) that Tins is a quiet jock.  You need so much core stability to climb free-hanging rope ladders, and Tinsley climbed pretty vertically, with less swing than Dorinda.   Those trapeze artists are unbelievably fit!  That man flew up the ladder so quickly.

Thanks for pointing out how that circus has cleaned up how it treats animals, Hunter Hunted.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I like Bethenny. I absolutely love her for this show. In fact, I like the whole ensemble cast for this franchise - except for Barbara - they need someone else next season to fill the spot.

Ditto.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Booger666 said:

I think Ramona went after Barb because Ramona could never look that good in a wrap dress.  Ramona has great legs and arms, but a terribly bloated midsection from all the alcohol.   Ramona is probably worried she’d look like a maternity model in a wrap dress.

AB3A9387-7716-4180-9729-E48CE50D9C0D.jpeg

Actually Ramona is shaped like a Teletubby since she got her boob job

5AEE60D593DABA623DB6366818A63370FB8EEB92

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I thought that Dale liked Scott early on, when she thought he would be "the one" (or at least his bank account) to give Dale  Tinsley the life she deserves. When he did not jump at the chance to marry Tins and/or fertilize her children-to-be, I think she became less fond of him. 

I actually didn't mind seeing Mario again, even if it was a set up by production. He is certainly much easier on the eyes than any of the other guys of the same age that the howives socialize with. I was really hoping the editing monkeys had shown this pic of Mario, Ramona and Sonja. Mario looks much more into Sonja than Ro, complete with his hand on Sonja's butt. Like some others here, I have always thought that at least in the last year or two Ramona and Mario were married, there was something going on with Son and Mario. 

Ramona_Singer_Mario_Sonja_Morgan_bikini_sandwich-490x570.jpg

So much smug.  But damn Ramona, she did not need those implants!   She would look so much hotter without them, just IMO.

Sonja’s pink lipstick in one or two TH’s were similarly not the business.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, sashayshante said:

The scene at that bar gave me secondhand cringe. I live on the UES. (Dorinda goes to my gym and stands on her phone loudly spewing expletives while she waits for her trainer.) That bar looked like something from the 90's that has not been updated since. That includes the clientele. That older gentleman they were all chirping about has to be some kind of fixture there. watching Sonja try to get the guy to flirt back with her was embarrassing. When the guy known for wooing everyone with a pulse and push up bra won't even politely flirt back, you know you're persona non grata.

Speaking of Dorinda - they show a clip of her screaming into a phone.

Any guesses as to who she is speaking to?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I must've missed something, but did Mario and his little tart he cheated with break up?  

Oh Bethenny.  Everyone saw the dysfunction in Tinsley & Scott's relationship a long time ago, so quit patting yourself on the back.  She prides herself on knowing everything, but yet she's always complaining about how everything in her life is effed up.  She might want to concentrate on herself rather than worrying about everyone else. 

why does she get labelled a "little tart" but Mario is just Mario? He's the guiltier party than the woman he cheated with. If it hadn't been her, it would have been someone else. And probably was someone else. I guess they are all "little tarts" who forced his penis into their vaginas???? He was just the innocent victim of their jezebel ways??? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

why does she get labelled a "little tart" but Mario is just Mario? He's the guiltier party than the woman he cheated with. If it hadn't been her, it would have been someone else. And probably was someone else. I guess they are all "little tarts" who forced his penis into their vaginas???? He was just the innocent victim of their jezebel ways??? 

Your point is valid. <guilty>

• Love 7
15 hours ago, chewycandy said:

I could watch Ramona push Dorinda and Dorinda’s face change over and over. Lol 

Yup. I'm not in favor of any of the physical stuff that's happened throughout the HWs Universe over the many seasons but, I confess, it would have amused me greatly had Dorinda come back with a serious shove that knocked Ramona ass over teakettle and then said, "don't ever push me."

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
38 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I like Bethenny. I absolutely love her for this show. In fact, I like the whole ensemble cast for this franchise - except for Barbara - they need someone else next season to fill the spot.

I used to love her.  

But I supposed I could use the "I don't know why anyone on this board could like her..." for just about every cast member!  

Bethenny is just my biggest disappointment because I found her so likeable her first go around.

• Love 16
26 minutes ago, SCS said:

Yup. I'm not in favor of any of the physical stuff that's happened throughout the HWs Universe over the many seasons but, I confess, it would have amused me greatly had Dorinda come back with a serious shove that knocked Ramona ass over teakettle and then said, "don't ever push me."

Ramona is too top heavy. She would have wobbled like a Weeble

weebles.gif

But I agree, would have loved to see it happen

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, politichick said:

A lot of people have suggested that Mario and Sonja have had sex. I don't think Sonja would do that to her friend no matter how drunk she might be.

I don't think so either.  Remember when the fortune teller during one of the trips suggested Mario was cheating?  Sonja was in tears crying over it.

• Love 8