Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: Birds, Broads and Breakups

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Reality police said:

Something I noticed about Tinsley last night. She keeps saying "That's the woman I need to be." Not want, desire to be, but need. That just worries me. Who does she need to be that for, herself, Dale, to get the husband she wants? I just feel bad for her. 

There are times I feel bad for Tinsley, but then I remember though she has a little girl voice/mannerisms, she's not a minor.

I can have empathy for her to a certain point, but she's 43 years old. She was dated/married Topper for almost 15 years.

Dale gets a lot of flak - but at the same time - Tinsley is the one with the apple - why is Dale even on the show unless Tinsley wants her there to be filmed.

Dale also made many appearances on Tinsley's High Society Reality show. Dale may have influence over Tinsley but if Dale had her way Tinsley would have stayed married to Topper and had a few kids with him by now. She would be financially set.

Instead, Tinsley went boy - date/kiss crazy when she left Topper in 2009. She did this for 4 years until she settled for Nico. At the same time - she was a side piece and a secret - she was never claimed as his girlfriend. Dale certainly had no influence on her to stay away from Nico as Tinsley kept going back to him.

Tinsley - hotel stay. On her first season, Tinsley freaked out when she went apartment hunting with Dale. It makes absolutely no sense financially for Tinsley to be paying $10K per month at a hotel as opposed to buying/renting a property/condo in NYC. The only way this makes sense is if Tinsley actually is only at the hotel for the 4 months of filming - and the hotel charges her a fraction of what she has claimed by being filmed there multiple times for free publicity.

There's no other reason why Dale would be getting Tinsley's "mail" - i.e. the frozen eggs storage fees. Again - why have this filmed - why make a production out of this while wearing a wedding gown on camera calling the doctor to look at the eggs?

I think much of what Tinsley films on the show is "planned"

I like Tinsley, I like her for the show - but I think Tinsley is also one who portrays an image - and she's got lots of cray cray just bubbling near the surface - and the evil Bunny in me wants to see it come out full force.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
15 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Does anyone else think Ramona is maybe jealous that Barbara has a good body?

omg, Bethenny hissing and spitting at Luann in the preview. Maybe she did pay for her rehab.

No. Ramona has a good body too. There is something crass and unlikeable about Barbara. 

This is going to sound awful, and I usually try not to comment on women's looks, but it's not her original looks that I hate. Barbara's plastic surgery makes her look hideous to me. I mean she is asscrack ugly, puffy faced, no skin moving, monkey ugly. Her face freaks me out.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, Thumper said:

Holy sequins, Beth!!!  First the blingy dress in her talking heads; then the flashy multi-colored jacket at the art gallery.  (Missed the name of that famous person.)

I have to say that I have not been loving Bethanny's fashions these last two years. I just don't understand the reasoning behind the outfits she picks.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

There is something crass and unlikeable about Barbara. 

Sorry, but this sentence made me laugh aloud as I have been saying the same thing about Ramona every year this series has been on. Barbara is not even on my horizon, but everything about Ramona is so unrefined.

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

No. Ramona has a good body too. There is something crass and unlikeable about Barbara. 

This is going to sound awful, and I usually try not to comment on women's looks, but it's not her original looks that I hate. Barbara's plastic surgery makes her look hideous to me. I mean she is asscrack ugly, puffy faced, no skin moving, monkey ugly. Her face freaks me out.

Maybe a good makeover with different colors and a new haircut would do the trick.  Her hairdo is outdated.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Tell us how you really feel Shawnalane! Bwahahahaha

Madame Tussauds called and they are looking for 100 lbs of missing wax

giphy.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, nexxie said:

What a liar, Ramona!

Ramona has no problem with being a liar in public. She's so cray-cray she figures if she's says it's not so, then that's her reality. I find she has FOMO so bad she cannot have a personal connection with ANYONE in case someone better/richer/more newsworthy comes along. I wish some well-connected person would set her straight and uninvite her to a couple of important events, just to find if she owns any 'humility'.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, nexxie said:

What a liar, Ramona!

Right!  But I also wonder if Moaner has menobrain, too?  I loved how they kept going back to the old tape, "So my table is 62, right?" Good God Almighty!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, sashayshante said:

I get all kinds of eye rolley when I listen to women in their forties and older try to prove how sexual and into sex they are. It's like they're terrified people will know their real age or - GASP - that they're menopausal.

Well, Sonja did say in the flashback they were both on the same hormones and they can definitely help the libido. Just sayin

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Tinsley - hotel stay. On her first season, Tinsley freaked out when she went apartment hunting with Dale. It makes absolutely no sense financially for Tinsley to be paying $10K per month at a hotel as opposed to buying/renting a property/condo in NYC. The only way this makes sense is if Tinsley actually is only at the hotel for the 4 months of filming - and the hotel charges her a fraction of what she has claimed by being filmed there multiple times for free publicity.

There's no other reason why Dale would be getting Tinsley's "mail" - i.e. the frozen eggs storage fees. Again - why have this filmed - why make a production out of this while wearing a wedding gown on camera calling the doctor to look at the eggs.

Good points. I think she stays in the hotel during filming/promotion too and is otherwise in Palm Beach. Kinda makes you wonder about the whole I-won't-leave-New-York stuff with Scott if she only really lives there a couple of months while they film. I suspect he didn't really want her in Chicago in the first place.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I thought it was pretty rich when Ramona was dissing Barbara for wearing a wrap dress when Ramona spent the first few seasons perpetually in a blue sheath dress.

You forgot it was made of satin.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Was Sonja flirting with Mario?  Luann doesn’t seem sober to me in that scene.

My husband saw that scene and said he thinks she is on pills.  I told him that Tom said there were pills all over their apt so maybe!

• Useful 6
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Bethany needs to stop trying to dissect anyone’s relationships...

So true! Since when did she get her Ph.D. in psychology? And for her, of all people, who has had the worst track record in the relationship department, give her junk psychological analysis of anyone else's love life is really outrageous. She needs for one of these women to tell her to STFU.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I'm really amazed there is anyone on the board that likes Beth anymore.  What is there to like?  She's either a neurotic crying mess, vulgar, mean, all-knowing, self-serving.  The only time I like her anymore is when she's handing out Visa cards.  I used to love her when she had some humility.  

Well said...Bethenny is a bully and a mean spirited bitch. All of her charity projects are self serving...they serve to promote her obnoxious Skinny Girl shit and make her feel better about being such crappy person 90% of the time. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
16 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

What's the big deal about Barbra not liking Ramona? I mean - Ramona has been a judgmental arse since Babs entered the group. Spare me. And Sonja trying to "make it right" pffft. Let it lie. Can't blame babs for not being a Ramona fan.

Maybe Mario had wild sex with Barbara at the Home Depot.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

I don't think Ramona was "lying," in that I actually don't think she remembered what happened. In other words, whether willfully or not, I think she truly believes she was at Table 61, not Table 62, at least by the time she got to the spa day.  She is creating her own reality, and in that way, she wasn't "lying" because she believes what she says is true. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I don't think Ramona was "lying," in that I actually don't think she remembered what happened. In other words, whether willfully or not, I think she truly believes she was at Table 61, not Table 62, at least by the time she got to the spa day.  She is creating her own reality, and in that way, she wasn't "lying" because she believes what she says is true. 

But it wasn’t just the table number. She came in knowing that she was seated at the same table as Dorinda and they confirmed for her that she was at the same table as Dorinda but even though she invited her Ramona never sought Dorinda out and it was Dorinda who had to go track her down at the table, etc. She also added details that weren’t true “I can show you my ticket that said 61 on it!”, etc. 

• Love 16
18 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

But it wasn’t just the table number. She came in knowing that she was seated at the same table as Dorinda and they confirmed for her that she was at the same table as Dorinda but even though she invited her Ramona never sought Dorinda out and it was Dorinda who had to go track her down at the table, etc. She also added details that weren’t true “I can show you my ticket that said 61 on it!”, etc. 

I know that. You know that. But what I'm saying is that Ramona had convinced herself that her reality is actually "true."  Now, we saw the video so I agree that Ramona's version isn't an accurate retelling of the facts. I just don't know that I can say she's "lying" because I think SHE thinks she's telling the truth.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

The irony was burning on WWHL, when Lu was asked about Bethenny's meltdown over sleeping in the fish room.  Lu said she couldn't believe Beth would make such a big deal about a bedroom.  Apparently forgetting that she had made an even bigger deal of it. 

Yes !   Luann is so dumb.  The Humpty Dumptess

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

Good points. I think she stays in the hotel during filming/promotion too and is otherwise in Palm Beach. Kinda makes you wonder about the whole I-won't-leave-New-York stuff with Scott if she only really lives there a couple of months while they film. I suspect he didn't really want her in Chicago in the first place.

No doubt.

Tinsley seems sweet and likable, but I also bet she's much more high maintenance and a little crazy.  I think Scott enjoyed the publicity dating her brought to his biz and then only wanted that long-distance relationship.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

geez. Billy Stritch on WWHL just spent forever telling Andy Cohen how everyone adores Lu’s cabaret show. When she comes on stage, they give her a standing ovation or something. 

I am pretty sure he has a financial stake in her show so I would take that with a boulder of salt. 

1 minute ago, kicksave said:

Multi multi millionaire then? Whatever...he's a rich white dude.

According to him he is no longer rich.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

I also think she has a great figure. I wish I looked as good in pants as she does.  

Said it above: Dorinda works out at my gym. I see her in workout gear every week. She look fantastic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
17 hours ago, sashayshante said:

No, not at all. They should talk about sex all they want. Treat yo self! But there's playful talk among friends and gratuitous bragging/one-upping. I'm speaking of the latter, That includes crassness like Bethenny and her Cool Girl  pussy, ram it in, fuck cursing.

My husband came down stairs from watching his TV in the media room and sat down with me on the couch while I was watching this episode and his eyes bugged out and he said, "What?!?" It was hilarious.  I told him that I don't get all of the screaming either but damn it, NY is fun to watch.  I was telling him how Beth sold SG to Jim Beam and he was shocked at how crass and crazy she sounded.  We raise quarter horses so I also told him who Beth's father was and he knew exactly who he was from the Thoroughbred world. Of course, when they showed the previews and she's freaking out about god knows what, I told him this was totally normal to see her go from 0-100 in seconds. Makes for good TV.  BTW,  he thinks Lu is pretty and I do agree, but she is sooo full of herself it's outrageous. Cabaret, Dahling!   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

Sorry, but this sentence made me laugh aloud as I have been saying the same thing about Ramona every year this series has been on. Barbara is not even on my horizon, but everything about Ramona is so unrefined.

Oh yeah, Ramona is for sure crass, and infuriating, but somehow people keep forgiving her. That is some powerful charisma. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Maybe a good makeover with different colors and a new haircut would do the trick.  Her hairdo is outdated.

All of that would help, but her fillers and Botox destroy any natural beauty she had, like Brandi from BH. There are some trends in plastic surgery that apparently I have violent feelings about. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I thought that Dale liked Scott early on, when she thought he would be "the one" (or at least his bank account) to give Dale  Tinsley the life she deserves. When he did not jump at the chance to marry Tins and/or fertilize her children-to-be, I think she became less fond of him. 

I actually didn't mind seeing Mario again, even if it was a set up by production. He is certainly much easier on the eyes than any of the other guys of the same age that the howives socialize with. I was really hoping the editing monkeys had shown this pic of Mario, Ramona and Sonja. Mario looks much more into Sonja than Ro, complete with his hand on Sonja's butt. Like some others here, I have always thought that at least in the last year or two Ramona and Mario were married, there was something going on with Son and Mario. 

Ramona_Singer_Mario_Sonja_Morgan_bikini_sandwich-490x570.jpg

A picture speaks 1000 words.  Look how Mario is leaning into Sonja instead of his wife.

5 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Sorry, that preview makes me wanna "dust my shoulders." B is having another meltdown on vacation. I said last year she was turning into Kelly Bensimone. It's not the breakdown of Carole's friendship. It's not the custody arrangement. It's not work. It's not Jason's e-mails. It's not moving. It's not even Dennis. It's HER. 

She's only losing her shit on Lu because Lu has the audacity to move on with life and feel worthy of being the center of attention. B helped Lu, thinking Lu would bow to her forever. There was no friendship or altruism there. It was just B trying to glue Lu to the bottom of her shoe. I knew Lu wouldn't go quietly into that good night. Oh no - she's a cabaret star! Yes Lu is insufferable but watching B flip out about it brings me such joy because she's having a bigger meltdown than Sonja - all due to the fact that she's not the hottest, coolest girl and the center of attention 24x7. 

Oh yeah and that's why she hates Tinsley so much. It's kind of hilarious watching B and Sonja trash her in the limo, when B has had more heartache and failed relationships than one can count and she's written a book admitting it. And Sonja... well she's everything she wants to accuse Tinsley of being. Fuck both of them. B looks like a fucking crypt keeper. I don't care how much designer crap she throws on herself. All her money and all her "knowledge" can't fix the fact that she's a miserable person and her life is nothing but tragedy. I wouldn't want her life for any amount of cash. 

Am I the only hopeless romantic on the planet who wept last night watching Ramona and Mario? I know he was an awful cad and I hated him for it, but I'd LOVE to see them back together. I know Sonja would too. She's a massive flirt but I think she felt like their kid in that friendship, and having them together was this safe place for her. Lu is the one I'd be scared of. Lu and Ro have a long-standing feud - I would NOT put it past her to sleep with Mario just to screw with Ramona - "countless" remark aside. 

Which leads me to believe that Lu is one tough son of a bitch.  The Count had a girlfriend, thus divorce, she remarried an asshole, divorced the asshole after he cheated, got another divorce, spent a nite in jail after assaulting a cop, was sued by her kids, and she is still standing, singing in a cabaret when she can’t sing.  The woman has balls as big as Ohio.  She never complains, just keeps chugging along.  You have to give it to her.  Strong in mind and body.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

She never complains, just keeps chugging along.  You have to give it to her.  Strong in mind and body.

Oh I disagree about the complaining part. She constantly complains and acts completely entitled. She certainly has balls though. I cannot disagree with that. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
52 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

In her TH, she also accused the staff of making the error, and then lying about it to cover their asses.  She know this was all recorded - does she not believe Bravo will roll tape to prove she's a lying liar?

The delusion runs deep in this one.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:
17 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Did anyone catch Luann talking about how she went to Al-Anon because alcoholism runs "in her family"?  Is that even true? I thought she was the alcoholic?

I don't think Luann believes she is.

Often people who are alcoholics and attending AA for themselves might also attend Al-Anon because they've experienced other alcoholics in their families. So Lu might attend Al-Anon for an alcoholic parent and talk about all the issues that came with that and she might also go to AA meetings as an alcoholic herself.

No idea if she really is attending any meetings - but it's not unusual.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, kicksave said:

She's nothing but a lonely 50 something year old, former wife of a billionaire that brags about sleeping around...she makes a fool of herself when she drinks and her sexual conquests are laughable these days...dirty old men and heaven knows what else she drags in.

I feel bad for Sonja. Yeah, her Samantha Jones routine needs to be retired and she's a shit-stirrer, but to me it seems like the reality of her life has hit her. She's fifty, with no real family or friends, no romantic prospects, stuck on a reality tv show that only serves to further embarrass her because she's broke. She doesn't bring much to the table anymore. That guy at the bar last night was deliberately dismissive of her on camera. That's how little people think of her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I am pretty sure he has a financial stake in her show so I would take that with a boulder of salt. 

According to him he is no longer rich.

According to this he's worth $100 million

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/wall-street/john-adams-morgan-net-worth/

21 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Can someone explain to me why Sonja goes by. Sonja Tremont Adams Morgan? Isn't Adams his middle name after his mothers family? 

Cause she wants to sound important--or at least that's the only reason I can think of.

49 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Frankly, I'm sick and tired of hag Sonja flitting around NYC and elsewhere like she's some sort of Grande Dame of High Society. She's nothing but a lonely 50 something year old, former wife of a billionaire that brags about sleeping around...she makes a fool of herself when she drinks and her sexual conquests are laughable these days...dirty old men and heaven knows what else she drags in. Her snarky and dismissive comments about Tinsley "using" Scott were nasty and quite unkind. Her relationships she's had on this show from Harry Dubin to Tom could be described as "F"  buddies that dump her and then move on to someone younger. Honestly, I don't know why Tinsley thinks Sonja is her friend..did you catch the way she took the photo of her and that artist guy and covered up the photo of Tinsley with him? She's fake, pretentious and is no friend to Tinsley...she's seems jealous of her and undermines her at every chance she gets. She is the perfect friend for Ramona...another washed up looney tune who lies and treats people poorly. 

So much word to all of this!!  I've said it before I would feel sorry for her if she didn't piss me off so much.  The way she was practically dry humping Mario's leg and then Michael *pfft* puhleeze.  Sonja is someone I can only tolerate for 10 or 15 mins before she just can't stand her.  As mean as this is I can't wait for Bethany to unleash on her!

As far as Barbara goes....enh I just don't think she's right for this show.  I'd love to see her on one of these home makeover shows on HGTV or something like that.  She seems to be an ok person I guess but she's just not gelling with this group.

• Love 10
Just now, Dirtybubble said:

According to this he's worth $100 million

Celebrity NetWorth and all those sites are full of shit, but I imagine his definition of broke and most people’s are quite different.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

I don't think Scott was any different from the beginning of their relationship until the end - he likes his single life. Doesn't mind having a girlfriend but I don't think he ever wanted marriage/kids with Tinsley.

I also don't believe Tinsley saying on the boat that they were both on the same page in regards to marriage or that he showed her an image of an engagement ring. Only way they were on the same page was if it was different books in two different languages.

Tinsley's problem with Scott was that she wants her dream - and tried to change Scott into being that guy.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, nexxie said:

She thinks they want to mate with her.

Those beautiful birds obviously mistook Beth's sparkly jacket for "one of their own."  "Pretty bird! Pretty bird!" 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

The irony was burning on WWHL, when Lu was asked about Bethenny's meltdown over sleeping in the fish room.  Lu said she couldn't believe Beth would make such a big deal about a bedroom.  Apparently forgetting that she had made an even bigger deal of it. 

That isn't quite what she said. She said she thought it was a bit much that they were saying Bethenny's "feelings were hurt" by the bedroom switch. Lu said she responded flippantly to that because she just couldn't care/believe that Bethenny actually had hurt feelings about it. She then mentioned the tough things she's had to handle in previous years at the Berkshires - i.e. Bethenny's screaming rant about her being a whore - and how those were things that could hurt feelings. 

Lu was definitely parsing the language of the viewer's question and the situation - but I kind of agree with her in a literal sense. I don't believe Bethenny had hurt feelings about the fish room switch. I think she was aggravated that Lu wasn't allowing her every consideration since she'd helped her get into rehab, yada, yada, but feelings hurt? Nah.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, Thumper said:

Holy sequins, Beth!!!  First the blingy dress in her talking heads; then the flashy multi-colored jacket at the art gallery.  (Missed the name of that famous person.)

I was half expecting her to be wearing rainbow leg warmers and roller skates. Cue the Bee Gees music,..

Edited by SweetieDarling
cue not queue? i think
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, njbchlover said:

And, beside the fact that Luann cannot carry a tune to save her life, she is even worse at "rapping" - she has no sense of rhythm!!  

I want to know who put the idea in Lu's head that she can sing? Who is that mf'er? 

Mario had his gifts ready for the ladies. Good thing he just ran into them😉

Ramona is a liar I'm glad Dorinda called her out. 

God, I forgot how much I didnt like Ramona and Mario together.  I can't stand Ramona, but seeing with them together reminded me how obnoxious they used to be.  Sonja, all over Mario, damn woman. 

• Love 12