Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: Birds, Broads and Breakups

• Start Topic

I am scared for Tinsley taking any advice from Bethanny. Or really anyone taking advice from Bethanny. I think she is a quick processor of information, which is great, but if you saw her on shark tank, she was completely lost when the topic went even close to science. She's not that smart, and she's not really educated. I think she and Ramona are sort of equals. They plow through life, making connections, networking, and taking advantage of opportunities. If Bethanny was an even mildly good thinker, she would not say the mean things she says. It's not clear to me that she has empathy or compassion. Her trips to Puerto Rico don't seem very sincere, but publicity stunts. And the classic way for rich folk to write off income come tax time. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
On 4/25/2019 at 12:27 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Aren't the addicted supposed to stay away from people, places and things that triggered their addiction?  Funny how Lu keeps showing up in all those places, willingly too.

It’s her job....one that has to be very hard to do sober.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Dorinda looked horrible in her yoga pants at the circus rehearsal..

Gotta defend her again because I see her in person regularly. She is in great shape. She's not muscle bound  any means, but she's toned. And her skin glows. She's not there just to lightly perspire on a reclining bike. She trains.

I think people mistake Bethenny for a business person who does business-y things: She has no real accumen for business. She's a hustler, for sure, but aside from coming up with a cutesy brand name, she's not terribly clever. If she wasn't on a reality show, she'd still be peddling "misery muffins" (TM someone brilliant from this forum). Skinny Girl is no longer relevant. She essentially gets paid for letting companies use her name. She gets paid well for it, but she's not paid for her savvy. I seriously doubt, once RHONY dies in a few years, Frankel will become irrelevant.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Ramona, unfortunately, like me, has a thick torso and no waist. It's a pain in ass. I've been 100 pounds and not worn a bikini because my torso is so thick. I've always been so jealous of people who are well proportioned. I even went to a surgeon for help, and they told me that I didn't have that much fat and because of where my hips and ribs were, there was nothing they could do. I will just never have that hour glass frame.

I think if Ramona got  her stomach as flat as possible, there would still be no curves. Like Kelly Bensimon, who had an oddly square tummy, obviously lipo'ed, and still, you just can't change your skeleton.

IMO, menopause has caused Ramona’s thick middle.  It’s where I gained weight first and had to really work to get rid of.  You can see from the Scary Island episodes that Ramona had a great figure back then.  She drinks too much wine with her obviously slowed metabolism.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, sashayshante said:

Gotta defend her again because I see her in person regularly. She is in great shape. She's not muscle bound  any means, but she's toned. And her skin glows. She's not there just to lightly perspire on a reclining bike. She trains.

I think people mistake Bethenny for a business person who does business-y things: She has no real accumen for business. She's a hustler, for sure, but aside from coming up with a cutesy brand name, she's not terribly clever. If she wasn't on a reality show, she'd still be peddling "misery muffins" (TM someone brilliant from this forum). Skinny Girl is no longer relevant. She essentially gets paid for letting companies use her name. She gets paid well for it, but she's not paid for her savvy. I seriously doubt, once RHONY dies in a few years, Frankel will become irrelevant.

Happy to hear Dorinda works out, but please pass her a note that yoga pants aren’t her friend.  😂😎

• LOL 1
6 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Happy to hear Dorinda works out, but please pass her a note that yoga pants aren’t her friend.  😂😎

I don't mean to be mean, but she has a kind of funny duck walk. Her feet are always at a 45 degree angle when she walks, like she's on a boat maintaining her balance. I don't know how else to explain it, but it's not graceful. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I don’t think Barbara is any slimmer in the middle than Ramona.  Barbara is built like a barrel.  I find her personality and looks so overbearing.

That hug Barbara tried to give Sonja at the spa day sleeved me out.  Sonja doesn’t want you, Barbara.

Oh, I see why B loses it on Lu.  Apparently, Lu never checked in on Dennis.  🙄.  B looks like a crazy woman, screaming and crying in that restaurant.  Lu will be forever in B’s debt for accepting her help....everything with B comes with strings.  I knew she didn’t help because it’s what a friend would do.

I’m a bit lonely at my table for one, since I’m giving Lu a bit of a pass this season.  She’s been through a lot of embarrassing things, in public, and yet she is doing her job on the show.  I’d prefer to see her try to hide her embarrassment and pain, than watch B breakdown 4-5 times a season.  In the previews, it seems Lu really stays calm while B is once again losing her mind, not to mention shoving something in Lu’s face.  Were that Dorinda, B would have drawn back a nub.  It’s a tired rerun of B’s Berkshires “whore” assault aimed at Lu.  I remember Lu remaining calm during that tantrum as well.  I can’t fault Lu for wanting her mocktail in a martini glass....I order mine in fancy glasses too.  Adding alcohol doesn’t automatically make the drink fancier.  

Ramona sure looked like she wasn’t over Mario.  I can’t feel sad for her because she is such a liar.  Mario looked like he wanted to slit his throat listening to Ramona spew her marriage advice to Avery.  

Tinsley has such little rich girl problems....she is so immature for her age.  No man is going to want to deal with Dale, who deemed Scott unworthy of one of her Christmas stockings.  I loathe Dale and her uppity smirk.

Dorinda looked horrible in her yoga pants at the circus rehearsal.....she needs to wear longer shirts with them.  The pics of her new apartment were unimpressive.

Totally agree.  And then she wears a top that exposes her belly button.  Honey, when you wear a top like that you're just exposing your barrel shape.

2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I don't mean to be mean, but she has a kind of funny duck walk. Her feet are always at a 45 degree angle when she walks, like she's on a boat maintaining her balance. I don't know how else to explain it, but it's not graceful. 

If you watch Doris and Beth on the walk in the Berzerkshires, Beth's duck walk is far worse than Doris's.  Actually I don't mind Doris all that much but Beth???

• Love 6

Huh and I was thinking how good Dorinda’s legs looked in those tight pants. I think she’s got got such a nice, slim figure. 

17 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I do not believe Barbara when she says she didn't know about the hot mic. 

Why would she file a lawsuit then? She obviously didn’t want that conversation getting out there. If she knew about the mike, I highly doubt she would have said what she said. 

• Love 3

That's what I don't get about the "hot mic" situation vis a vis Barbara.  Where was the mic?  Did someone nearby have it, inconspicuously?  Who is that person?  Was it Carole, egging Barbara on to say something so that Barbara could do Carole's dirty work?

While barrel-shaped Barbara with the unfortunate large face is rough around the edges, I gotta love a gal who's built a multi-million dollar business in the toughest of worlds, in the toughest of cities.  Construction, in NYC, run by a female.  And apparently a good one, at that.

Ramona can go suck Mario's toes for all I care.  She's abhorrent.  And so is he, so I wouldn't care if she fell back in love, moved him back in, and he cheated on her all over again, which I'm sure he would.  Crazy eyes is one thing, but deliberate put-downs, lying, and believing she's above others earns her a spot on a therapist's couch, not ditching her friend for a "better" table.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

BLACK .. you have to wear black pants.  They are your friend.  Light colors always show imperfections.

• Love 5
On 4/25/2019 at 1:44 PM, Chalby said:

Ramona has no problem with being a liar in public. She's so cray-cray she figures if she's says it's not so, then that's her reality. I find she has FOMO so bad she cannot have a personal connection with ANYONE in case someone better/richer/more newsworthy comes along. I wish some well-connected person would set her straight and uninvite her to a couple of important events, just to find if she owns any 'humility'.

Does anyone wonder how Mario stood with Crazy Eyes all those years?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Huh and I was thinking how good Dorinda’s legs looked in those tight pants. I think she’s got got such a nice, slim figure. 

Why would she file a lawsuit then? She obviously didn’t want that conversation getting out there. If she knew about the mike, I highly doubt she would have said what she said. 

Barbara knew she was an asshole and didn't want it to air. Allegedly there is a secondary phone conversation between Carole and Barbara where she dished more tea on Luann.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

Did someone nearby have it, inconspicuously?  Who is that person?  Was it Carole, egging Barbara on to say something so that Barbara could do Carole's dirty work?

It was Carole and she didn’t egg Barbara on at all. I also wouldn’t cal it a “hot mic” they were at a filmed event Barbara knew the event was being recorded and signed a release she just thought because she couldn’t see a camera she could say whatever she wanted.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

She has an odd figure. It's like the top half doesn't match the last half to me.  She's not fat but wide on the bottom.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, sashayshante said:

I've always thought the real reason for her success behind Skinny Girl is a cute logo and some Bravo publicity on it.  There's no product of hers that didn't exist before, except maybe the lower-calorie alcohol; however, you could argue that lower-cal alcoholic drinks were sort of well known (like for instance, if you were watching your weight you would do vodka seltzer, etc). Everything else is a knockoff of an existing product.

That said, she got paid and paid well.  And apparently is growing her money through real estate.  So I thinks she does have some business acumen.  I just don't think she's the genius she thinks she is.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 6

Was it Carole, egging Barbara on to say something so that Barbara could do Carole's dirty work?

Ding! We have a winner, IMHO anyway. Carole isn’t an interviewer but as a producer she knows how to get sound bites & quotes. Even if she didn’t egg Babs on, I’ll bet she alerted production, quicker’n scat. 

37 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Barbara knew she was an asshole and didn't want it to air. Allegedly there is a secondary phone conversation between Carole and Barbara where she dished more tea on Luann.

I’d be up for listening in! Or reading a transcript I’m easily pleased. 😉

45 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

An active social life, obviously!

• Love 6

Ramona can go suck Mario's toes for all I care.  She's abhorrent.  And so is he, so I wouldn't care if she fell back in love, moved him back in, and he cheated on her all over again, which I'm sure he would.  Crazy eyes is one thing, but deliberate put-downs, lying, and believing she's above others earns her a spot on a therapist's couch, not ditching her friend for a "better" table.

An accurate description of why I will never like Ramona. 

• Love 7

That's what I don't get about the "hot mic" situation vis a vis Barbara.  Where was the mic?  Did someone nearby have it, inconspicuously?  Who is that person?  Was it Carole, egging Barbara on to say something so that Barbara could do Carole's dirty work?

While barrel-shaped Barbara with the unfortunate large face is rough around the edges, I gotta love a gal who's built a multi-million dollar business in the toughest of worlds, in the toughest of cities.  Construction, in NYC, run by a female.  And apparently a good one, at that.

Absolutely. I'd be much more interested in watching her own reality show where she's on job sites. To make it in that world as a woman is far more interesting to me that being a skinny woman whose products are knock offs of what already exists.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

See, I’d love if the show had more Barbara-types on! Women who actually are active in NYC, secure enough to have themselves associated with a show about insanity. 

Tinsley, to the manor born AND with a scandalous past, is a true NYC’er and in demand for things like the circus. Barbara gets stuff built.

Lu, though she’s really drearily repetitious most of the time, thinks she’s in  recovery and is the sideshow element in a good cabaret production. 

Dorinda: rags to riches to fuguratively rags on the arm of a vaunted dry cleaner to the rich — while apparently remaining filthy rich, herself. Possibly mildly interesting for the places she goes  

Sonja? Morbidly interesting as the rags to riches to rags delusional older lady. 

Ramona? Just butter, mean, snide, smug. 

Show needs more women who are vital in NY, not just bickering amongst themselves. 

All that said, I still watch the backgrounds in all the scenes. Glimpses of a life that I, forever in the flyover, can only imagine.   

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Absolutely. I'd be much more interested in watching her own reality show where she's on job sites. To make it in that world as a woman is far more interesting to me that being a skinny woman whose products are knock offs of what already exists.  

Makes me wonder if Bravo/Andy isn't already thinking along these lines, a la Million Dollar Listing.  We could watch Barbara move through construction sites, arguments with contractors, delays, bidding, etc., vs. her competition.  I'd love more of that.

About 2 years ago, my Kroger had a SkinnyGirl display of....chocolates, snack items?  It was a freestanding display, in the middle of an aisle.  I started to look at the products, but they had literal dust on them.  Next visit, the entire display was down.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

But do you still think she purposely said it anyway, knowing that Carole was miked?

21 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

But do you still think she purposely said it anyway, knowing that Carole was miked?

Yes

If Barbara knows both Luann and Carole and is as friendly with both of them as she claims, then she knows of the unspoken animosity between them. Show-wise Carole and Luann allegedly forgave each other - but the pedophile comment and he was still my niece's boyfriend when you hooked up still was coming up on the show.

Barbara went to Dorinda's charity event on her own. Allegedly because she was invited by Dorinda. She did not come in as the plus one to Carole or to Luann. A part of me thinks she was on Team Carole coming into the event in hopes of landing an apple or friend of status for next year. She had to make her scene/audition count. Once they filmed and it was clear Barbara wasn't going to get a spot - she backpedaled - like she got "coerced" or like she couldn't possibly have known about the "mic". Her lawsuit should have come up as soon as they filmed and she found out about the hot mic, she should have bowed out of gong to Luann's wedding. Instead she kept her clam shut and went to Luann's wedding. She didn't even tell Luann, Luann found out after the wedding.

As part of the audience - I loved it. But to me - I wouldn't want that kind of friend especially on a Reality show - what else is she going to spill in hopes of obtaining an apple?

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I don't pretend to know much about Bethenny's Skinny Girl alcohol products so I'm handicapped in defending them.  That said, if her products were all "knock offs" why did Jim Beam spend  mega $ millions to acquire them?  Bethenny made more money on that one deal than Barbara will make in a lifetime with the small contractor jobs she gets in  NYC. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Barbara would have been perfect in the earlier format of housewives.  She probably had to be tough and pushy cause of her career..and it spilled over into her day to day life.  

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Yes

If Barbara knows both Luann and Carole and is as friendly with both of them as she claims, then she knows of the unspoken animosity between them. Show-wise Carole and Luann allegedly forgave each other - but the pedophile comment and he was still my niece's boyfriend when you hooked up still was coming up on the show.

Barbara went to Dorinda's charity event on her own. Allegedly because she was invited by Dorinda. She did not come in as the plus one to Carole or to Luann. A part of me thinks she was on Team Carole coming into the event in hopes of landing an apple or friend of status for next year. She had to make her scene/audition count. Once they filmed and it was clear Barbara wasn't going to get a spot - she backpedaled - like she got "coerced" or like she couldn't possibly have known about the "mic". Her lawsuit should have come up as soon as they filmed and she found out about the hot mic, she should have bowed out of gong to Luann's wedding. Instead she kept her clam shut and went to Luann's wedding. She didn't even tell Luann, Luann found out after the wedding.

As part of the audience - I loved it. But to me - I wouldn't want that kind of friend especially on a Reality show - what else is she going to spill in hopes of obtaining an apple?

Ohhh ok I’m with you now—-you think she did it purposely to get cast on the show! 💡 

I’m not sure I’m in agreement but I understand where you’re coming from now 😀

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I don't pretend to know much about Bethenny's Skinny Girl alcohol products so I'm handicapped in defending them.  That said, if her products were all "knock offs" why did Jim Beam spend  mega $ millions to acquire them?  Bethenny made more money on that one deal than Barbara will make in a lifetime with the small contractor jobs she gets in  NYC. 

No, I totally credit her for the alcohol deal.  I think the cute logo, the name, and the margarita mix was smart.  However, diet products have been around since people have wanted to lose weight and there were low-cal alcoholic options.    It's the rest of her Skinny Girl items that are knock offs of everything else.  I know Beth has made more money off that, but I am more impressed by a woman making it in a male dominated field like construction.  And I'd love to see a reality show of her working in that field.  I don't think someone's net worth necessarily makes them more successful as a total package than someone also successful but less net worth.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Bethenny made more money on that one deal than Barbara will make in a lifetime with the small contractor jobs she gets in  NYC. 

I'm not so sure about that.  Barbara doesn't get "small contractor jobs".  She's a well-established CEO of Evergreen Construction & Management in NYC, with recent projects including Hyatt spas in NYC, as well as being featured in The New York Time and O Magazine.  She also has a Bachelors Degree in Finance.  The more I read, the more impressed I am with her:

http://evergreenconstructioncorp.com

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I am scared for Tinsley taking any advice from Bethanny. Or really anyone taking advice from Bethanny. I think she is a quick processor of information, which is great, but if you saw her on shark tank, she was completely lost when the topic went even close to science. She's not that smart, and she's not really educated. I think she and Ramona are sort of equals. They plow through life, making connections, networking, and taking advantage of opportunities. If Bethanny was an even mildly good thinker, she would not say the mean things she says. It's not clear to me that she has empathy or compassion. Her trips to Puerto Rico don't seem very sincere, but publicity stunts. And the classic way for rich folk to write off income come tax time. 

What cracks me up when she's on Shark Tank is when she does the typical Shark Tank question:  "Is anything about your product proprietary? What's to stop another entrepreneur from knocking it off?"  Low-cal alcoholic drinks could easily be knocked off, and the rest of the Skinny Girl products are all knock offs of existing low-call products.  I get that she is an investor and that's an important consideration, but the irony isn't lost on me.

The other thing is she seems to think she should be the face of nearly every product she selects.  I know she has a brand.  I know people love her that watch Bravo shows.  But there area an awful lot of us Bravo fans that no longer love her.   At this point, I would not want my dollars going to any of her products.  And anyone who never watched her better early days, watching her neurotic break downs now could be a huge turn off. Then there are probably a ton of people that don't watch Bravo that have no idea who the fuck she is.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Sterling said:

I'm not so sure about that.  Barbara doesn't get "small contractor jobs".  She's a well-established CEO of Evergreen Construction & Management in NYC, with recent projects including Hyatt spas in NYC, as well as being featured in The New York Time and O Magazine.  She also has a Bachelors Degree in Finance.  The more I read, the more impressed I am with her:

I honestly think there are people here who don't view her as being apple worthy and dismiss her solely on her looking more like she belongs on RHONJ.  I guess if you look tacky, that's where you should land.  But if you are skinny enough and reasonably attractive, you deserve to be on the show.   Other than her complaining about the fish room, I don't see her having done anything that as a new person is that bad.  

I don't remember people questioning why the Taekman's were on.  Kristin was a mediocre former model, he was a mediocre entrepreneur.  They lived in a tiny NYC apartment.  Other than her being tall and beautiful, there was nothing that screamed glamour to me.  There were no multiple properties they owned to be wowed by.  I don't ever remember people questioning why she was on the show.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I honestly think there are people here who don't view her as being apple worthy a

And apparently the producers agree since she doesn’t have one.

• LOL 2
4 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

But they are sure giving her a lot of time for someone that doesn't have one.

Which most likely means this season is boring but they find her boring as well so not committing to her. If she wasn’t a shit stirrer trying to get into between Lu and Dorinda and saying things to Tinsley and Ramona she would t be on. Other than the completely boring ass footage of her getting ready for the clambake she hasn’t filmed on her own or driven anything.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Avery and the show exposure I'm guessing... it all fell apart as soon as Avery was off to college... I wonder if he got Mona pregnant thus why they got married...

(ETA - by show exposure, I mean the perks of being on such a show, and exposure for his business, and for his stan base - LOL)

Edited by BodhiGurl
add'l thought
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

Avery and the show exposure I'm guessing... it all fell apart as soon as Avery was off to college... I wonder if he got Mona pregnant thus why they got married...

(ETA - by show exposure, I mean the perks of being on such a show, and exposure for his business, and for his stan base - LOL)

Yep.  A lot of men leave when the kid goes to college.  Like Wendy Williams one instance.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Yep.  A lot of men leave when the kid goes to college.  Like Wendy Williams one instance.

Wendy Williams husband had been having an affair with the same woman since his son was four and he didn’t leave she finally did.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, rhys said:

Anyone figure out why D was moving twice?  I can't wrap my noggin around that but maybe I missed a detail.

Dorinda is moving from the UES to Midtown East. I think she was staying at the hotel temporarily (like a week or 2 max), not sure if it is because the new place wasn't ready, or maybe there are some renovations at the new place, or maybe while she is unpacking her bed and other furniture has to be set up again - maybe she doesn't want to stay there while this was going on.

I'm not positive - but that was what I inferred

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Wendy Williams husband had been having an affair with the same woman since his son was four and he didn’t leave she finally did.

Yes, Wendy left and got a nice apartment in the city.

• Useful 1
58 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Which most likely means this season is boring but they find her boring as well so not committing to her. If she wasn’t a shit stirrer trying to get into between Lu and Dorinda and saying things to Tinsley and Ramona she would t be on. Other than the completely boring ass footage of her getting ready for the clambake she hasn’t filmed on her own or driven anything.

I don't think they are giving her air time because the season is boring. One thing NY is - it's not boring.

She's getting screen time because she is filming whenever there is a group event and while I would have loved the editors to pixel her out - that would screw up the continuity.

• Love 3

I don’t mind Barbara at all.  She’s not any worse than the rest of them.  She’s smart, has her own Company and knows how to fix things in the house.  It must be nice not to bother your husband to fix things or call in an electrician or a carpenter.  How convenient.

• Love 8
On 4/25/2019 at 1:34 PM, Chalby said:

I have to say that I have not been loving Bethanny's fashions these last two years. I just don't understand the reasoning behind the outfits she picks.

With a rare exception, I pretty much dislike much of what Bethenny wears on the show - since she returned these last four (?) seasons of RHof NY. I swear, she used to dress nicer, more elegant, classy, more expensive looking ...when she was "poor" (first 3 seasons).

Now that she has big money, she certainly buys up, but I always think her clothing choices are so severe. Its like the clothes wear her, not the other way around. So much is black, white, red, leathered, feathered, sequined, broad shouldered, or busy. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 11

No, I totally credit her for the alcohol deal.  I think the cute logo, the name, and the margarita mix was smart.  However, diet products have been around since people have wanted to lose weight and there were low-cal alcoholic options.    It's the rest of her Skinny Girl items that are knock offs of everything else.  I know Beth has made more money off that, but I am more impressed by a woman making it in a male dominated field like construction.  And I'd love to see a reality show of her working in that field.  I don't think someone's net worth necessarily makes them more successful as a total package than someone also successful but less net worth.

I'm impressed with all women successful in business.   Part of my admiration for Bethenny is because after her Beam deal, she really doesn't have to work at all....ever!  I give her credit for continuing to expand and promote her brand.    She could just sit around and be one of the "ladies who lunch."

2 hours ago, Sterling said:

I'm familiar with Barbara's company.    I forget exactly what happened to it but she suffered a major setback in 2001....after 9/11.    I do give her credit for surviving in a male dominated field in New York City.   That said, I still would classify her company as doing small contracting jobs.   We have to factor in the demographic of the local market ...New York City construction is mega.   

The Hyatt job was the renovation of an existing spa.   While it was a good job for her to get, I wouldn't classify it as major construction.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I honestly think there are people here who don't view her as being apple worthy and dismiss her solely on her looking more like she belongs on RHONJ. 

I don't mind her for now.  I'd be interested in seeing more of the business side of her.  As with all new HWs, I reserve the right to change my mind on them at a later date.  I liked Carole to start with, then her uppity attitude with the election was a huge turn-off.  All I can say is, good luck Barbara with this group of women.

• Love 5

I actually like Barbara.  I know, this is not a popular opinion.  I just can't help it.  The last episode showed a side of her that appeals to me.  She seems like a genuine and nice person.  She works.  She has a business and she doesn't seem to need to put others down to feel good. 

I'm also going to go out on a limb.  I just don't think anyone should be body shamed.  As women we are all so much more than our bodies.  By calling out flaws I worry what this means.  These ladies have so many personality defects but their bodies are fine IMO.  Unfortunately, their narcissism and their bitterness makes them ugly.  I don't mean to criticize anyone here but I feel I just need to say that they are offensive in so many ways because of what they do and say and not for what they look like.  I also understand that some of the comments are meant in fun and I get that. 

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I don't mind her for now.  I'd be interested in seeing more of the business side of her.  As with all new HWs, I reserve the right to change my mind on them at a later date.  I liked Carole to start with, then her uppity attitude with the election was a huge turn-off.  All I can say is, good luck Barbara with this group of women.

I would have liked to see Barbara on the job, and the jobs she works on.  Maybe there will be a spin off?That would be interesting and something new for a change.  Sonja should hire her to fix the broken down townhouse, for a good price of course.  BTW, Dorinda’s new apt didn’t look that great.  Location, location, location.

• Love 3