Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Lashanta's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, iwasish said:

My Easter candy is gone. I gave to refill the basket I made for my niece. I am ashamed. 

I got some Dove milk chocolate "eggs" (they're more like half-spheres) yesterday and put them in the candy jar but actually haven't eaten any. My candy jar at home is clear glass and right at the entrance to the living room so I pass it frequently. At work I have the same candy in a metal can off to the side of my desk so they are not in my line of vision but I eat several a day. I'm thinking about what this means for my eating habit.

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, aliya said:

And, because this is the Midwest, I got a postcard today from my insurance agent announcing an 'appreciation' BBQ. Does your agent do that for you?

....yes.  Is this not normal outside of the Midwest?  Our local bank has a day where they grill and serve free hot dogs, too.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

It’ll be half price soon... those lovely Lindts bunnies and jelly bellies!!! Ummm Maited milk eggs.  Cadbury eggs. 

I watched Gone with the Wind the other night. She sounds like Prissy. Prissy didn’t know nothing about birthing babies either. 

Yes.  I said that to my husband before he listened and then disappeared to the other tv to watch his endless repeats of NCIS.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Splashes said:

Ooh. I love casseroles! What ks your recipe?

My favorite hotdish I make is ground beef and a chopped onion mixed with condensed tomato soup with garlic and red pepper and paprika then a layer of cheese (optional) and a layer of tatertots topped with a layer of bacon (also optional). Its delicious but I dont want to know the calories.

I call it my right fancy TTC 

Brown 1 pound beef. Add to casserole dish. Chop onion. Sauté with garlic. Add to dish. Combine with 1 tablespoon Worcestersire sauce, 1 tablespoon ketchup, petite early harvest frozen peas, a can of mushrooms. Mix well. Top with crispy crown  tater tots and bake  

I blame my addiction to this comfort food on the Duggers 

Edited to add… Forgot the most important ingredient! Roasted garlic cream of mushroom soup 

Edited by CircusPeanuts
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Donut Bear said:

I am amazed that these people rarely seem to have any health problems aside from obesity

I've mentioned it before, but years ago I read that, contrary to popular opinion, many morbidly obese people are not diabetic. The theory was that a diagnosis of diabetes put some folks on the straight and narrow. They start taking care of themselves (or in different ways, I am not accusing diabetics [of which I am one] of not taking care of themselves). Without the diagnosis, some just keep engaging in bad behaviors - and for some, the result is morbid obesity.

"Dr Now don't play!"  I hope she takes those words to heart and makes the big changes she needs to make. We'll see.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, CircusPeanuts said:

I call it my right fancy TTC 

Brown 1 pound beef. Add to casserole dish. Chop onion. Sauté with garlic. Add to dish. Combine with 1 tablespoon Worcestersire sauce, 1 tablespoon ketchup, petite early harvest frozen peas, a can of mushrooms. Mix well. Top with crispy crown  tater tots and bake  

I blame my addiction to this comfort food on the Duggers 

Ah. Well I probably wont try this. Im not a big fan or mushrooms. They made it hard to breathe and make my face well up like a dog that ate a bee.

3 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Another Orthodox Christian here. Did not realize there were some here.

My son's roommate is converting to the Eastern Orthodox church! There's a fairly strong Greek presence around here. Russian too. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

You're not wrong.  With that said, I've been surprised at how many of the poundticipants this season have been mobile.  Seems like last season, everyone was bedridden.

I'm going to go high tonight and guess 737.

You guys, her voice...it reminds me of someone.  Besides Lola, I mean.  Someone in a movie or tv show. 

Jennifer Tilly?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

On behalf of @PrincessPurrsALot, congratulations to Poundticipant @Azubah on being two pounds away from accurately guessing Lashanta's weight tonight!

You've won a screengrab of an actual painting (available for sale on Etsy) of Dr Now staring down the enemy—a plate of pancakes—or, as they are called on the show, grapes.

719732481_ScreenShot2019-04-17at7_09_30PM.png.125d69decb13559cd13c9193ffb062c0.png

And because we're feeling generous, we are also throwing in a brand-new floor toilet.

toilet.jpg.d5ec0260eb789761a4f23e3939e14709.jpg

37 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

How y’all doin’? I’m just now firing it up. Judging by the posts, this might be a good one. My eating habit is also pizza. Totally homemade, and baked in my air fryer. Yum. And wine, because...oh who am I kidding? There’s always wine on 600 lb night 😊

I'll drink to that🍷

• Love 6
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

Omg please send her to see Lola! It will be the epic battle of the baby voices

I don't remember LaShanta saying she had any daddy issues. Poor Lola won't know what to do. 

• LOL 7
3 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

....yes.  Is this not normal outside of the Midwest?  Our local bank has a day where they grill and serve free hot dogs, too.  

I'm from DC and lived mostly on the east coast. Our merchants out here frequently have BBQs and other food events. I never heard of anything like it where I've lived before. Shoot - my grocery store has a guy out front on a grill several times a month during good weather. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

That skinny boyfriend could get stuck in a fold and never be heard from again.

I usually worry about pet, children, potato chip bags.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My son's roommate is converting to the Eastern Orthodox church! There's a fairly strong Greek presence around here. Russian too. 

Whenever I hear of someone converting to Eastern Orthodox, I keep picturing that scene from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" with the baptism in the inflatable kiddie pool.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

I am amazed that these people rarely seem to have any health problems aside from obesity

I think here it was meant "no urgent problems requiring hospitalization", not that they don't have any health problems.  The same applies to most of them.  But this is not a healthcare show, this is an obesity show, even more specifically -  obesity related to overeating driven by psychological factors show.

• Love 2

Boy, if this is a train wreck, it is a slow moving one.  45 minutes in and she is just going home after her initial consult.  I guess he now has everyone who travels by car come straight to the hospital.   For a minute, when the EMTs moved her out of her house I  thought they were going to use one of those handled tarps like Milla's children used to sling her around. 

I did have to laugh at the fast food place when she said her friend at the window was surprised to see her "out and active."  Well, I guess she's active if you count eating in the car as an activity.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, nytonc said:

Hi all! Had a hard time logging in here. I’m so far behind 😩

Me too, very frustrating!  She's such a sexy thang, ain't she?  How the hell is this going to work, I just don't see it but hell, who knows?  Clean bill of health, how I do not know.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

On behalf of @PrincessPurrsALot, congratulations to Poundticipant @Azubah on being two pounds away from accurately guessing Lashanta's weight tonight!

You've won a screengrab of an actual painting (available for sale on Etsy) of Dr Now staring down the enemy—a plate of pancakes—or, as they are called on the show, grapes.

719732481_ScreenShot2019-04-17at7_09_30PM.png.125d69decb13559cd13c9193ffb062c0.png

And because we're feeling generous, we are also throwing in a brand-new floor toilet.

toilet.jpg.d5ec0260eb789761a4f23e3939e14709.jpg

Oh, thank you!! I'll never pee in my actual toilets again! I'll miss my husband, though. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 4