Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Climate Quick Change

• Start Topic

Even if he's never been to a snowy-mounainy place ::rme:: surely Anthony Ryan knows snow is cold, doesn't he?

Michelle designs a rain jacket that... leaves the model's head uncovered?

Biddell's designs are so ordinary, nothing new or their beloved fashion forward at all.

Honestly, I don't know who I'd give the win to.  Biddell's and Christina's are ordinary, Dmitry's is butt ugly, Anthony Ryan's is impractical, Michelle's is slightly ugly and slightly impractical.  I guess I'd give it to Irina.  Hers is a bit busy for my taste, but it does look exotic and works for the climate change aspect.  Let's see what the judges say...  They're so at odds this week.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

I don't understand these judges.  Who would wear Michelle's outfit?  It was fucking hideous. 

Biddell's jumpsuit was junior but it's easier to imagine someone wearing his look than it is Michelle's mess.

Poor Christina.  It's never easy to reevaluate your whole life, but hearing her describe it as a blank page was a bit heartbreaking.  She was indeed robbed.   

Edited by Kitty Redstone
typo
  • Love 24

I thought for sure Biddell would be gone, nothing special at all with his design, very ordinary. And I thought Reem Acra and Isaac were going to faint when he said he was tired. He’s only human people. 

Christine was not that bad, I thought it was cute. Anthony should have gone home IMO. Having one bare arm sticking out in snowy weather would never happen IRL. Irina’s was pretty but I thought Dmitri’s and Michelle’s were ugly and I like Michelle but she didn’t deserve the win. 

I saw the preview for the new P.R. Looks interesting. A very diverse group of designers. Some have shown at fashion weeks already. I’m looking forward to it. 

• Love 11

Like always I don't get what the judges are smoking because I don't agree again at all. Definitely not with Michelle as the winner.... her outfit was fug and didn't fit the challenge- a raincoat should cover your head and it seemed like the one guest judge was getting at that earlier in the critique but then said nothing about it when they got to Michelle.

I also didn't think their bottom two were that bad. The flowy one looked cool as she walked and was functional to cover up more, and while it was a lot of straps that wrapping and wrapping looked cool around the waist. I also didn't hate the jumpsuit. It was different with the slimy plastic looking stuff and had some cute details. It seemed miami to me. 

Anthony Ryan's look is the same as the look that got sent home last week- one long sleeve, one bare arm... some sort of strappyness to the arm... though overall I liked his look (and liked the eliminated design a lot last week too) even if her arm would get cold. The cape should have been wider in the back that she could grab it and pull it forward over her cold arm if necessary. 

Dimitri's was terrible... what was he even making????? That dress might have been thin fabric but didn't look comfortable for hot weather and his coat was so disconnected! ugh. He should have been in the bottom. 

I liked Irina's and it was the most functional for the challenge. She thought about fabrics that would protect from the weather. I don't get the problem they had with the pants.

This show needs to be over... I hope Bravo has something better for us.

• Love 21
(edited)

Irina’s was the most tasteful, and the look would fit in perfectly at a Moroccan resort. She should have been the winner.

poor Christina. I liked her design,  and would buy it. The feedback  made by the judges about her look were harsh , especially Georgia’s comment, but considering  how they were jizzing over fugly Michelle’s look it wasn’t too much of a surprise. 

Anthony Ryan has never seen a mountain?  Wow. His look was giving me Star Trek vibes, and any person wearing that on Whistler mountain would be laughed at and then taken to the medical clinic to address frostbite on the uncovered arm. 

Biddell’s was hideous and the spot for bottom should have been between him, and Dimitry. 

I’m not invested too much in the show. It’s a joke, but I’ll still hate watch it until the end. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 18

I said a few weeks ago that Bidell would be the last International standing - surely has nothing to do with (I assume) PR airing in Canada but not in any of the other countries.

AR's was like his design he won with early in this season and if he makes it to the final, thats the gimmick he's gonna use for hois whole collection, mark my words. One bare arm during a snow storm, yeah, thats gonna work. And the hemlines were fugly.

Michelle should have gone home, not win - I liked the prints but wtf? Turning the sleeves inside out does not make them proper pockets. Dimitri is still riding the mumu-train.

Only one week to go until PR is back on Bravo!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I so agree with the comments about the inconsistent judging. How can the participants possibly learn or grow from this? If I were the mentor, at this point I would say just follow your creative instincts because there is no way to predict what might please the judges. It's nuts, all of it is just nuts.

I wish the weather challenge wasn't part of it. I wish it was make a look for a vacation to a specific location (Miami, Palm Springs, etc.) and the winner would get the 5 grand plus a vacation package to that location. If I were one of the judges this week, I would have Anthony, Bidell, and Michelle in the bottom and Christina, Dimitry, and Irina in the top. Anthony's Whistler mountain snow coat made no sense to me and I did not enjoy Michelle's look. I don't see how her satin/rayon (?) jacket would be of any help in a rainstorm. I loved Dimitry's dress. I want that right now. I did not like Dimitry's coat. Christina's caftan looked lovely. To me it was gorgeous. I can't believe the judges thought it wasn't special. No doubt she was shocked to be sent home for that.

• Love 10

If I had seen this challenge in a previous season, I would have said it's ridiculous to have a one day challenge where the designers have to create a look that transforms for two extreme weather conditions. But at this point in THIS season, this kind of crap challenge is par for the course.

Irina's model was wearing a crop top, long pants, and a floor length caftan (both of which touched the ground) in a thunderstorm. Yeah, that's practical.

Michelle's model was wearing a dress that was bare from the neck to the naval in rain and wind. Again, so practical. And FYI - it's not a pocket if it's actually an open sleeve because if I put my phone, keys, or lipstick in this "pocket," it will just fall on the floor.

Christina's bathing suit and caftan were the most realistic depiction of what someone would wear as a resort outfit in Mykonos but I knew the judges would say it wasn't innovative because they clearly wanted a dramatic reveal on the runway.

Anthony Ryan's blue and yellow snow to sun dress didn't have a dramatic reveal either, but his excuse about having never been to the snow was weak.

I thought Dmitry had the most difficult transition because going from sun to snow meant he had to add something rather than taking something off. But I did not like the light airy floral dress with the heavy white and black coat. They were fine separately but I didn't like them together.

Evan's Miami denim jumpsuit definitely had a beach vibe on the top, but having the top of the jumpsuit tied around the waist was not any more transformational than Dmitry's model carrying her coat.

Of all the designers left, Christina is not the one I wanted eliminated. She has created enough interesting looks this season that I am far more interested in seeing what she would have in a finale collection than Anthony Ryan, Michelle, or Evan and their weekly fug.

• Love 22

Michelle’s fabrics and garments  were hideous enough on their own. When worn together, they combined into an even more hideous look that literally made me cringe when it came down the runway.  Those prints clashed so badly I expected some Titans to show up and release the Kraken. Who would were that?  Sorry judges, that was a go home outfit, not a winner.  I didn’t love Irinas look but it was leaps and bounds ahead of Michelle’s abomination and deserved the win. 

Bidel and Christina weren’t the most innovative but didn’t deserve the bottom. Biddell’s look was cute and wearable. And Christines was really pretty and in no way the worst. 

I thougt Dmitri had the toughest weather transition to deal with and so I would keep him, even though his coat and dress weren’t that great. But Anthony Ryan had an boring garment with a tacky colour scheme and should have gone home just for the bare arm in the snow alone. 

• Love 17
(edited)

You know I love me some Deema, but there is no outfit "transformation" involved in carrying a coat! Thus, he did not meet the challenge and should have been eliminated. 

I thought Irina's exotic look was successful in every department. She wasn't the winner, IMO, because that guest judge repeatedly said she hated the red of the pants.

Biddell's leisure swim garment was kind of cool. But the poor dear is "exhausted," so he'll be next to pack his bobbins and go.

I'm looking forward to the "formal gown" task next time! Can't you just hear the words "prom" and "costumey" already?! From the Preview:

Anne: "That doesn't look formal."

Dmitry, dismissively, with a touch of ennui: "What is 'formal'?" 

Anne: "ROYAL BALL." 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
33 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

You know I love me some Deema, but there is no outfit "transformation" involved in carrying a coat! Thus, he did not meet the challenge and should have been eliminated. 

I thought Irina's exotic look was successful in every department. She wasn't the winner, IMO, because that guest judge repeatedly said she hated the red of the pants.

Biddell's leisure swim garment was kind of cool. But the poor dear is "exhausted," so he'll be next to pack his bobbins and go.

My thoughts exactly! I agree that Dmitry should have been eliminated. And I was beyond irritated that the “ding” on Irina’s look was the color of the pants. Really?! Her look was elegant and delivered on the challenge.

Having said that, I am surprised that I didn’t hate Michelle’s look although a rain coat without a hood is silly. It’s clear that the fix is in for Michelle regardless of what she sends down the runway.

Not sure why AR is still in this competition. There is nothing particularly innovative or exciting about his looks. And I’m really over the Huckleberry Finn hat that he wears in his talking heads.

Christina didn’t deserve elimination. 

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 11

I don't know who's more tired, me or Biddell.  Or maybe I'm just bored.  Nothing was (or has been) memorable.  Michelle is the Golden (one-way) Monkey with her basic shapes and hideous fabric & color choices.  I love me some Dmitry, but his constant fall back to Granny's lace tablecloths and  her flouncy drapes (from the guest room that no one ever used) are just getting old.  AR and Irina. are...still there, I guess? And Mr. Last International Sewtestant had better have his Passport ready for stamping because he is gonna be auf'd shortly.  There is no way a non-American designer doesn't win.  "Win" being a questionable term since JCP and their promise of riches and rewards disappeared as fast as their credibility as a fashion Mecca. Add the fact that this dreck is TWO YEARS OLD and no one cares who eventually won.  The programming genius who decided to greenlight the airing of this snoozefest lackluster season was probably shown the door .  Maybe he/she is now working the register at a JC Penney as karmic justice.

• Love 15

Wasn't Dmitri's challenge to go from a very HOT day to harsh weather?

How the hell was that hideous dress that covered her from head to toe suitable for really hot weather???  Ugly

And, as someone else pointed out, just adding a coat, which looked horrible with the dress, does not meet the challenge.  It did not transform the original outfit, it just covered it up.

Christina's was pretty and fit the challenge a lot better. Sure, the flowy robe took a minute to complete the coverup, but it still tried to meet the criteria.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Ellaria Sand said:

It’s clear that the fix is in for Michelle regardless of what she sends down the runway.

Ugh.  If Michelle wins, I'll place that win right next to Gretchen's on the most inexplicable shelf.

1 hour ago, Ellaria Sand said:

Christina didn’t deserve elimination. 

Indeed, she did not.  She was one of the few designers left from whom I would've looked forward to a final collection.

24 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Wasn't Dmitri's challenge to go from a very HOT day to harsh weather?

That's the way I read it - from a sunny, warm day to snow.  I don't know how that's feasible in one garment.  To stay cool during the warm part, you wouldn't want to be wearing the extra fabric that would keep you warm during the snow.  Have they invented that fabric yet, one that keeps you cool when you need it, then transforms into something that keeps you warm?  'Cause I want me some of that fabric, if they have.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Climate Change does not equal changeable weather in one day! (I think the Scottish have been dealing with that for centuries, not to mention Northeasterners in March or October). So so stupid trying to inject an important topic into a fashion challenge in such a ridiculous way. Just call it adaptability and call it a day.

• Love 20
11 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Michelle designs a rain jacket that... leaves the model's head uncovered?

and the sleeves were "like a pocket." Emphasis on the word "like." Given that if you actually put anything in the "pocket" it will fall right through to the floor. But hey, you can look cool putting your hands in the "pockets."

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

I liked Dmitry's dress, but not the coat. I hate 3/4 sleeves and it totally missed the point of conversion if you have to carry the coat. "Oh, it's so hot out, but I'd better bring a coat in case it snows!" 

What might have worked was if he had turned the coat into a purse which folds out, like my poncho which folds into a zippered bag. But with one day for the challenge, that was pretty much impossible. 

I really liked Christine and was sorry to see her go. At least she won last week, so she has that under her belt. But that belt was so ridiculously long. Even when it was tied, the wind blew the caftan right open and it would provide zero protection. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

"Win" being a questionable term since JCP and their promise of riches and rewards disappeared as fast as their credibility as a fashion Mecca. Add the fact that this dreck is TWO YEARS OLD and no one cares who eventually won.  The programming genius who decided to greenlight the airing of this snoozefest lackluster season was probably shown the door .  Maybe he/she is now working the register at a JC Penney as karmic justice.

This poses a good question: we know that JCP never sold any of the “looks” but what happened to the rest of the Grand Prize? Was the winner ever given the guest editor at Marie Claire among other things (cash, sewing machines)? It seems like everything was just “shelved” after initial filming. I wonder what the rest of the contractual obligations were.

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I love Reem Acra as a designer and Georgina Chapman's Marchesa designs are just gorgeous, so I'm surprised they let Michelle win unless they were pushed into it by Isaac and Alyssa (who wouldn't know a beautiful garment if it slapped her in the face).  I don't even count Isaac Mizrachi as a designer anymore - I can't stand his attitude or personality (though in my office I've worked with his nephew who is a completely lovely guy).  I'm done with this group in general.  Hopefully with the new Project Runway we will have better judging.

• Love 6

I didn't realize how fashion forward I was until I saw Dmitry's "transitional" look - when it's hot I wear short sleeves and then, if it gets cold, I put on something with long sleeves. He should have been eliminated for not meeting the challenge at all.

• Love 5
(edited)

Here are my nits to pick. I mean, hey, if the judges can do so, why can't I? 

For Michelle's look: While I will say changing the pockets to sleeves was innovative, she created pockets you can't use. Because they're SLEEVES. In "pocket mode," they won't actually hold anything. What can I say? This chick loves her pockets. Also? That outfit was for wind? No.

For Anthony Ryan's look: What is *wrong* with him? I don't care that he's never been in snow. The man lives in Louisiana. It does get cold enough there in the winter to require a coat, and when you add in the humidity, it cuts through coats. I live in Houston. We have the same weather here. I know of which I speak. Bottom line? The man knows what cold weather feels like and should know you want full sleeves on both arms when it's, say, COLDER THAN WHAT YOU ALREADY WEAR COATS IN." Dude should have gone home for that.

Christina's look was not boot-worthy. "Oh, nooooo, we think it looks inexpensive." Dude, it matched the challenge and wouldn't have left her model half unprotected in the weather extremes she was given <koff>AnthonyRyan</koff>. She was robbed. 

Biddell's look was ordinary, but not worthy of bottom two. 

Just skip the rest of the competition and put Anthony Ryan, Biddell, and Michelle in the top three already. Clearly, they want at least one international winner, and those other two shlubs in the finals. 

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, anniebird said:

I didn't realize how fashion forward I was until I saw Dmitry's "transitional" look - when it's hot I wear short sleeves and then, if it gets cold, I put on something with long sleeves. He should have been eliminated for not meeting the challenge at all.

I know what you mean, but honestly, "HOT" to "COLD"-- what the heck is he supposed to do? Doesn't it kind of have to involve "putting something on"?

• Love 12
4 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'm looking forward to the "formal gown" task next time! Can't you just hear the words "prom" and "costumey" already?! From the Preview:

Anne: "That doesn't look formal."

Dmitry, dismissively, with a touch of ennui: "What is 'formal'?" 

Anne: "ROYAL BALL." 

Anthony Ryan: I've never been to a royal ball. 

Michelle: From Oregon: We don't do formal.  

Biddell: We don't do silk, it's cold in Canada. How about flannel?

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

All of the designs were pretty awful and unwearable, IMO. Except Christina's. Of course. And the show doesn't seem to know the difference between climate and weather.  Were these outfits supposed to depict mercurial weather at a vacation location? Or some kind of seismic post-nuclear shift? Was there some kind of volcanic eruption near Palm Springs that caused the sun to block out and make it go from sunny to snowy?  

It seems a foregone conclusion now that Michelle will win. Despite her hideous designs, I wouldn't have a problem with it if she weren't so personally objectionable. She and Anthony Ryan are both dead to me since she copied Dmitry's style and then denied it. Whatever, girl. Fashion is reference. But at least 'fess up. And then AR tattling to her like a middle school girl that Dmitry was badmouthing her (which he wasn't.). Both of them can go. That said, Deema probably should have gone home for that dress and coat combo.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, leocadia said:

I think this season exists for the sole reason of making my blood boil.

First, Michelle wins for her knock-off of a 20 yr old J Lo dress.  Aside from that, wasn't her first climate "windy"?  I don't think there's enough sticky tape in the world to make that dress wearable on a windy day.  Once again the challenge falls to the wayside when one of the chosen ones ignores it.  She really must have something on the producers or judges because her continued success is inexplicable.

That said, I didn't think her outfit was the worst.  It seemed to me that they were leaning toward Dimitry and Anthony  Ryan as the bottom two.  As much as I like Dimitry, I could understand that.  I was blown away when they announced Biddel and Christina as the bottom two!!  I loved Christina's look (simple as it was) and thought Biddel certainly did enough to be safe.  I should have known by now that the two American winners would take precedence over the international contestants.

This whole season has been a farce. I certainly hope we get some consistency in judging  when the show goes back to Bravo.  I don't expect to agree with the judges every time, and there is certainly a lack of objectivity in judging fashion, but this just stinks.

I loathe Isaac Mizrahi and Mrs. Weinstein now. Not that I was ever crazy about either of them. So pretentious, and yet so clueless and inconsistent. They throw out phrases like "we don't know who you are" which are nonsensical.

Why shouldn't Evan say he's tired? Sweet Jesus, he's not designing for Fashion Week, he's not doing his own work, he's sleep deprived and jumping through hoops and being dismissed and diminished for our (admittedly negligible) amusement. The judges clutching their pearls and fainting dead away because he actually copped to not being at 100% was beyond ridiculous. Its a TV show. And as Nina Garcia once famously said, "lighten up! Its just fashion!" I like Evan, and his outfit was cute, I thought. But what do I know? I liked Christina's too. Michelle's outfit was a WTF moment (but not as much as AR's). Her fabric choices are always terrible. That slipcover she put her model in was criminal. AR's color story was whack. Maybe for a cheer squad it'd be OK.

• Love 24

I am so over this season, I kept wiggling and wiggling last night, wanting to go up to bed, just eliminate someone already!

How can they possibly pick a winner if they gives tongue baths to four of the contestants? Are we going to have FOUR winners? Anthony Ryan's was one of the ugliest things I have ever seen. Blue and gold were my high school colors, so I thought it looked like a drum majorette Star Trek stewardess.

• Love 4

Chop off the bottom of Anthony Ryan's outfit and it's my high school drill team uniform, colors and all.  No one mentioned that the lace in front of Dimitri's dress was completely see-through?  And Michelle must have naked pictures of every judge, because there is NO WAY that that mess was the best on the runway.  It was ghastly.

• Love 11

Okay, I'm out.  Clearly the fix is in for an American winner and none of the remaining designers even deserve to win.  This whole season has been awful.  I'll wait for a new season of PR with, hopefully, a much higher level of talent than these so-called all-stars.

• Love 9

I'm in the minority but I liked what Dmitry sent down the runway. I agree with everyone that said he was screwed by his hot-to-snow assignment. I wouldn't necessarily wear a long-sleeve dress in hot weather but I would in the cold, and I've been known to carry a light jacket or sweater with me on a warm day because growing up in the Midwest has taught me that we can hit all sorts of temps in one day. HOWEVER. It is not realistic that the weather will change from hot to snow. A little warm maybe, definitely sunny. But hot? No. He did the best he could with what he was assigned. And I liked the dress for what it was and the coat for what it was. I'd wear them both (though not together).

For the second week in a row, I say that Michelle's was hideous. I don't understand how the judges could've seen those patterns together and thought they looked good. And a raincoat without a hood is useless. As are pockets with holes in them. As is a cut-to-the-navel dress on a windy day. I'd been holding out hope that someone else was going to win this season but after last night, I've resigned myself to the knowledge that this season was fixed for her.

Anthony Ryan's was utterly impractical and I would've sent him home. No one goes outside with a bare arm in the snow. And all I kept thinking when I saw the colors he chose was that it looked like something a college mascot would wear. There was no cohesion to the dress underneath the cape. Although I guess based on the love for Michelle's look, cohesion is irrelevant.

I loved Christina's. She didn't deserve to get sent home. Yeah, maybe she should've shortened that belt thing so it wouldn't have taken the model so long to wrap it but I thought her kimono/caftan thing was absolutely beautiful, both in its loose state and tied up.

I didn't really care for Biddell's design but it was much improved with the sportier bathing suit. His original one would've looked awful with the jumpsuit. It's not really something I would wear (the jumpsuit, I mean, the bathing suit was cute) but it wasn't bad. I felt bad for him when the judges all tore into him for saying he was tired. They put these designers through the ringer; a little compassion wouldn't have been amiss.

Irina's is probably the one I would've given the win to. The whole look was lovely. I'm not a fan of high-waisted pants but the look really worked, especially for the location. And at least she had a head covering for the rain.

• Love 10
(edited)

Ah,  but Biddell used the word "exhausted," which could mean "out of ideas" as well as "tired". He's had it! 

Winning means never having to say "I could've done better," but Michelle might have considered having zippered closures for the pockets, to be,  of course,  unzipped as sleeves. 

So this inconsequential fluff of entertainment optioned their "Poetic License" card to call this episode "Climate Change." Eh. 

Too bad for this crew that Sean is the Eternal Winner of this category (if only in spirit now), what with his former "The Design That Comes Out in the Rain" dress!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm not an Irina fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought she met the challenge better and more innovatively than the others.

Michelle: meh.  Bidell: meh.  Christina was robbed - it wasn't a perfect "weather-change" outfit, but it was beautiful - and how TF are you supposed to design for "wind" anyway?

Anthony Ryan needs to return to hicksville where he can chew straw and design all the impractical, ugly cheerleader outfits he wants.

Dmitry, wtf?  I live in Palm Springs and the last thing you would see anyone wearing here is a fugly, long-sleeved 1970s granny dress.  The coat was hideous, too.  

Edited by jrlr
spelling
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, dleighg said:

I know what you mean, but honestly, "HOT" to "COLD"-- what the heck is he supposed to do? Doesn't it kind of have to involve "putting something on"?

It didn't have to be something she was carrying - it could have been a shawl-type that wrapped around her waist in the "hot" and went over her head and shoulders in the "cold"

That dress he made was the most ugly thing anyone has made so far this season.  For Ms. Marchesa to say that she would purchase it, boggles the mind.  A giant, ill-fitting, beruffled peasant dress in see through gauze?  He doesn't even bother fitting the clothes to the models anymore.  It's one size fits all fashion.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Too bad for this crew that Sean is the Eternal Winner of this category (if only in spirit now), what with his former "The Design That Comes Out in the Rain" dress!

I have heard about this dress--thanks for sharing the video @LennieBriscoe!  As for AR, I live about a 2 hour drive from Whistler Mountain. Nobody would be wearing that anywhere.  I'm sadly not surprised that we're only down to one International contestant. I wonder if Biddell will actually make it to the finale, or if it will be an all-American "International" finale?

I think what bothered me the most about AR not being sent home is that his design was completely inappropriate for his scenario.  Also, it looked very similar to the pinstripe design that got Sean sent home last week.  Fuck, even Isaac criticized it, and he loves AR.  Yet Christina went home.  Stupid.

• Love 13

This week was a real low for me.  First of all I hate the variation of assignments to designers in a challenge because inevitably some get stuck with the scenarios that aren't achievable because of timeframe allotted or budget and so the playing field isn't level.  When that's the case you can't complain about putting a coat over a dress not being transformative enough.  Designers have won challenges in the past where they've ignored the objectives of the challenge that was the same for everyone while their competitors adhered to the requirements.  

Second of all I'm disgusted about the blatant elimination of the international contestants.  I understood going in that an OG winner will ultimately triumph.  I didn't think they'd need to resort to making absolutely sure there could only be one standing to enter the finale competition.  Christina has consistently sent some of the most intriguing designs down the runway all season.  Biddell has also shown a lot of talent.  

• Love 17
11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I thought Dmitry had the most difficult transition because going from sun to snow meant he had to add something rather than taking something off. But I did not like the light airy floral dress with the heavy white and black coat. They were fine separately but I didn't like them together.

I was thinking Dmitry could have had his model carry what looked a strap or clutch purse that transformed into a coat or cape when it was opened up. Coat needed to be a little longer though.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, hula-la said:
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Read more  

I have heard about this dress--thanks for sharing the video @LennieBriscoe!  As for AR, I live about a 2 hour drive from Whistler Mountain. Nobody would be wearing that anywhere.  I'm sadly not surprised that we're only down to one International contestant. I wonder if Biddell will actually make it to the finale, or if it will be an all-American "International" finale?

Except when Sean did that, folks remembered it had been done before at a major fashion week show, and images were readily available, when they knew what to search for.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Diane Mars said:

I only have that... Why ? WHYYYYY ?!?!?

1.PNG

2.PNG

Seeing Michelle's outfit in that picture, it looks even worse than it did on my TV screen.  So schlumpy and ugly.  Who would want to wear that mess???

• Love 12

I'm also in the  minority of liking Dmitry's dress and don't find it inappropriate to have full coverage for a hot climate. Besides garments like djeallabas, there is a Folkwear design that is very close to Dmitry's dress: the Afghan Nomad Dress. Several other patterns from the Mideast also have long sleeves and long skirts, like the Gaza dress and the Syrian dress. 

Irina bugs me in general, and I find her style generally a little too coochy-mama, but that rain top garment had both elegance and thoughtfulness.

I was bewildered at the disdain shown Christina's, which I found lovely. 

The less said about Michelle's the better, and about Michelle herself.

• Love 12

Gawd, what a disappointing challenge.  I hated all of the outfits, but agree with those who said Irina's outfit fit the challenge the best.  I just can't with Michelle; her outfit was butt ugly.  And IDK what Dimitry is going through but I really hate this granny dress phase.  His past clothing made me think he loved a woman's body, but now he just wants to keep covering it up.  I really liked Christina, and I'm sad to see her go.

• Love 5