Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, liammaam said:

Am I seriously hearing Ashley correct right now?  This bitch... Beginning of season: "I'm not fat and ugly, so he's definitely not cheating."  End of season:  But she's faaaaaaaaat, and I am the opposite.  He must just like fat chicks."  

She's totally rubbing me the wrong way here- I understand she is trying to state a case for her not being his "type," but it just comes off as shallow bullshit.

Oh no, I don’t think she’s simply making a case at all. I fully believe that was a thinly veiled attempt to bash the other woman.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

And Colt and Debbie wearing matching pinks...and Colt wanting his mother to give HIM away?!?! You just can’t make this shit up.  Holy Hell...it’s like Colt is the blushing bride who really wants to marry his mom.

This was so aberrant and uncomfortable to see. It really feeds into the assumption of emotional incest with these two.

Of course, it's possible that Larissa chose pink for her wedding theme and asked Debbie to wear pink, but the "giving away" aspect drives the skeevy throttle right back into overdrive.

• Love 12
59 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

-Kalani and Asuelu: I must say, they looked nice and thank heaven Sister Grimm kept her trap shut.  And someone needs to educate Kalani (isn't she an adult?) that your daddy cannot "stop the wedding" just because he objects.  I kind of started to like her dad- until his final comment at the end which amounted to "if he messes up I'll mess him up."  

I think what it really means is she's worried daddy will stop paying her bills.  Seemingly though, he will continue since they have another baby to feed.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

This is her third serious relationship (don’t know if she was married before) where the men cheat on her.

Third relationship, but the first time she went through with the wedding. She claims she broke off the other two because of the men cheating on her. 

• Love 1

Coltee, with his too small pants crawling up his ass, looked like someone try to hold a really big fart in.  It would have been awesome if he let it out.   Now that would have made the wedding memorable.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I may have missed this, but why is Fernanda not wearing any of the gowns she tried on at the shop with the absent mother-in-law?

Fernanda said that she is saving the gown she ended up getting during "try-on day"  for her big ceremony they want to have in Mexico.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Fernanda said that she is saving the gown she ended up getting during "try-on day"  for her big ceremony they want to have in Mexico.

Ha, just got to this part on the rewatch!  First time I must've zoned out!  Thanks!

3 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

I assume Colt borrowed his mother’s suit and that’s why she ended up in a blouse and jeans. I was shocked by her attire. She didn’t have to wear a dress or skirt. Was a nice pantsuit completely out of the question?

It was horrifying. He's her only child. And the choice to buy Larissa's dress from Goodwill freed up at least $950 of the wedding dress budget. Surely someone could have bought Debbie church suit from Walmart!

3 hours ago, Mswldflwr said:

Actually, Ashley could run into trouble if she did try to get him out of her apartment.  If he got himself a Pennsylvania ID or driver's license with her address listed as his, the police cannot and will not do anything.  Names on leases mean nothing in these situations.  She will be required to go to a magistrate and have him legally evicted -- and that's only if she has grounds for it.

He wouldn't even need a license; just his being invited there on a k1 gives him a legal right to be there until the 90 days are up or she evicts him legally in court. 

2 hours ago, Drogo said:

I agree. Colt does nothing in the way of exercise, he sits or lays down 23 hours a day,  and eats Debbie's bland saltless sauceless slop for breakfast lunch and dinner.

But truthfully, don't most Americans live exactly that type of sedentary life?? And most 30 year old American men do not look that way.

1 hour ago, RealReality10 said:

I think this is all part and parcel of Ashley maybe having low self esteem.  She specifically picks friends who allow her to be the Beyonce of the group.

She may not stand out in a group of fit, well coiffed, well dressed other thirty somethings.  But if you put her in a group with the friends she has suddenly she can feel a sense of superiority about being the prettiest.

I refuse to believe that there wasn't a good looking, well employed man in his 30s that had a good personality and could be faithful. 

But that guy has a good job, a good personality and therefore has the freedom to leave.

Picking a 20 year old with a past like he has, with no real career ambitions or desire for education (I've never heard him say he is interested in school or a career) means that she wanted someone she could control. Someone who doesn't have the power to leave.  

No offense to anyone intended, but there is something rather unseemly about female bartenders. And add to that, two kids by two different men, neither of whom she was married to, and the bottle fried hair and all the insecurities....I think her choices are limited. 

I love you, but I gotta disagree on the "very thin girl" part!  I've always thought she was chunky!

Below the waist, she is tiny. But her top half is really big. But I tend not to think she has implants bc they just seem to be spilling everywhere. And implants, to me, seem more neat and contained.

Agreed.  That goes for women cheaters too, and there are plenty of them as well!  Often it's also about the excitement of it all too -- living on the edge.  Romanticizing how it would be if only they were single...

I may have missed this, but why is Fernanda not wearing any of the gowns she tried on at the shop with the absent mother-in-law?

As if the 8 ppl who attended the Chicago wedding would have also attended the Mexican one......

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Below the waist, she is tiny. But her top half is really big. But I tend not to think she has implants bc they just seem to be spilling everywhere. And implants, to me, seem more neat and contained.

Her legs look skinny yes.  But she has a gut and chunky arms, chunky face.  She's not fat, but she's certainly not very thin (to me).  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Larissa's/Colt's wedding was pretty bad, with nobody being there, but made infinitely worse by the cousin. 

Unfriendly John and his flower child pregnant wife and three kids made up HALF of the guest list! And where was that poor couple of Colt's "friends" who stood by awkwardly during the Larissa/Colt fight? 

3 hours ago, Adeejay said:
19 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

The last desperate act was Debbie picking a fight with Larissa and encouraging Colt to call the cops.

Debbie and Colt ganged up on Larissa once again and then got her arrested!

Based on the fact that this wasn't captured on video, I can't help but wonder how you know this.

The circumstances of the 911 call have been discussed over on the Bith Phtew thread. 

• Love 4

Just watched-Colt and Larrisa used the same chapel as me and my husband did (9 years ago).  It's actually really nice; it looked so sad because only a few people showed up for their wedding.  At least Deb got to wear her good dungarees

• Love 12
48 minutes ago, eatsleep said:
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I love you, but I gotta disagree on the "very thin girl" part!  I've always thought she was chunky!

I'm confused, I thought the "very thin girl" comment was about Leida but the "spilling" implant comment appears to be about Ashley. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I missed the final 20 minutes.  So I'll have to wait for a re-watch to see what happened with Larissa and Coltee.  But he winds her up and then sits back and watches her lose her shit.  I think Mother Dearest does too judging by the smirks. I used to have a boyfriend like that.  I'd get angry over something and he'd talk to me like I was a child in a slow calm manner that drove me up the wall in frustration.

Right there with you. I used to date a guy like that too. I call it the "Chris Christie" voice. He lowers his voice, raises his eyebrows and opens his eyes wide in wonderment, and adopts a tone of puzzled dismay "what do you mean? I have no idea what is it you are talking about! I've said time and again I had nothing to do with closing that bridge access". Colt is an asshole. I hope Larissa empties the joint account and heads to New York as soon as she gets her green card. 

19 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Unfriendly John and his flower child pregnant wife and three kids made up HALF of the guest list! And where was that poor couple of Colt's "friends" who stood by awkwardly during the Larissa/Colt fight?  

They've fled the country and are living under assumed names in an undisclosed location. 

10 minutes ago, ccphilly said:

Just watched-Colt and Larrisa used the same chapel as me and my husband did (9 years ago).  It's actually really nice; it looked so sad because only a few people showed up for their wedding.  At least Deb got to wear her good dungarees

With an elastic waistband, for comfort as well as style! 

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I'm confused, I thought the "very thin girl" comment was about Leida but the "spilling" implant comment appears to be about Ashley. 

Same here -- very thin girl comment was on Leida. Maybe the confusion exists b/c of the Ashley making comments about being slender and others here said she's not exactly slender?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

I got married at a Doctor Who convention in LA. The 7th Doctor walked me down the aisle. Anyone at the con could have attended. Most dressed better than Debbie. My english friends wore hats. My Scottish friends wore full kilts. Respect!

I read this while watching an episode of Doctor Who on BBCA (the week long marathon leading up to the New Year's special tomorrow). It made me SMILE! What a great wedding! Can you post a picture?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I honestly don't believe any of those weddings were real, just filmed for the show.  John (or whatever) was wearing his wedding ring in shots before the 'ceremony'.  The few guests, the stark empty seats, the fact that no one bothered to dress up... it was all for our entertainment and critique.

I agree. I think that’s why Jonathan’s mother didn’t even waste her time.

For the life of me, I cannot see what made Ashley want to marry Jay. How could she even find him sexually attractive? He looks like a CHILD. Like one of the kids who work in Jamba Juice after school. I probably would’ve had a crush on Jay in my senior year of high school or freshman year of college. There are plenty of men working at these resorts. Why choose this kid? I would feel like a predator even looking in his direction.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I find Asuelu embarrassing.  Super sweet guy and all, but man oh man, I sit on my couch watching by myself and cringe with second-hand embarrassment every time he speaks in that sing-songy voice of his.  And if he starts dancing, I have to instantly change the channel before I die.

Me tooooooo!  I can’t imagine finding him attractive enough to do the deed with him.  And how come Kalalalanini pronounces his name “ANsuelu?”

Anyone watch The Good Doctor?  Asuelu’s speech pattern is so much the same as the main character’s.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Drogo said:

I agree. Colt does nothing in the way of exercise, he sits or lays down 23 hours a day,  and eats Debbie's bland saltless sauceless slop for breakfast lunch and dinner.

As a result, he looks like a gravity-fighting Ziploc bag of mashed potatoes. 

I thought David aka Bahtman had a really odd body shape but Colt's is odder.   I have no idea what was going on with those pants, they were too small and he looked like he had a wedgie. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, liammaam said:

Well what do you know!  It looks like Larissa and Colt married at the same chapel my husband and I were married at.

Me too, it was a very nice chapel. I haven't watched the episode yet, now I feel like I have to watch it. I usually just read here and maybe catch a repeat.

• Love 4

It was a thing of beauty to watch Ashley's self-satisfaction about her own looks come full circle.  In the very first episode she was with Jay and spoke about how their relationship was "real" compared with some of the relationships in previous seasons because of how they both looked (I thought at the time she was implying Danielle, Molly, and Nicole).  She viewed herself as thin and desirable.  Therefore, Jay HAD to be serious about her.  Now, in this episode she is almost speechless about the fact that the young woman with whom Jay had been "flirting" was her complete physical opposite.  Like many others in our society, Ashley valued looks over any other personal attributes and characteristics and could not imagine anything other than an happily-ever-after based on how she looked.

I understand that Ashley has endured traumatic events in her life.  However, until she understands that there is more to a person than their looks, she will probably keep repeating her bad choices in partners.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Right. She's not fat, but "thicc." Cute and fit-adjacent but far from thin. Thin would be, say, the Filipina lady dating the Carlton lookalike from the last iteration of Before the 90 Days.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I don't think Colt has a chromosomal abnormality-- I think he's just very inactive and overweight, and always has been as he has almost no muscle tone. Plus, the disorder is rare and associated with learning and cognitive disabilities, and he's a fully functioning adult male with a normal penis and testes.

That said, I some of those pictures looked like my ex-husband. He had a womanly body, boobs, little to no facial hair, and his penis was pretty tiny. He also had some issues with comprehension and focusing. 

In any case, he's in society functioning as a fully developed male, labels nonwithstanding. 

You're correct, in the main.  But chromosomal disorders manifest on a spectrum, with more severe involvement at one end and people whose disorder is discernible only through  sophisticated testing at the other.  He probably doesn't have Klinefelter (too much body hair I think) but I do believe it's possible.  His breasts seem large, out of proportion to what I'd expect from a guy who is fat and inactive.  There certainly seems to be no intellectual deficit.

But Klinefelter is far from rare, occurring in about one of every 650 males (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5985377/), so it seems to me that there is a chance.  Plus, most of the intellectual deficit, when it is present (and it is not always present), occurs in language; Coltee, who started college very late, works with logic and mathematics.  Who knows?

My daughter has a rare chromosomal disorder and is significantly disabled as a result.  At conferences, however, I have met children with this disorder who pass as typical, and no one would ever suspect anything was out of the ordinary.  This is what colors my view of disability in general.  I don't know if the same is true of Klinefelter, but it's a thought.

ETA Debbie's remark (which I think she's made more than once), that she "never thought Colt would get married" might be more evidence of KS.

ETA:  A singleton liveborn infant with a birth defect  11.5 times more likely to be delivered very preterm before 32 weeks

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17666606

I'm going to stop now.

Edited by Mothra
must beat dead horse
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I can't hate on the venue too much, I have friends with no money who got married in a smoky legion hall.  It wasn't 'beautiful' but we all had a good time, her family made buffet food and stocked the bar with beer and wine. They did it within their means, unlike other friends I have that threw stag and doe parties and invited people they didn't even know in order to fund their 'special day'.  That said Leida and Eric are assholes and deserve any snark we can give them.

I agree with you that spending tons of money for a couple of hours is ridiculous.  The best weddings I have been to have been farm bring-a-dish and VFW halls.

4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I guess she wasn't concerned when before he even came to the states he was talking about how he liked to stimulate women's nipples while he tatted them up. He's a real prize, & she's a real dope, for sure.

I CAN'T UNSEE THIS!  Gross!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

I figured her mom wasn’t coming, but I found it strange her dad didn’t make it. Maybe he did and I missed it, but I’m pretty sure he lives in the US. Maybe he plans to go to the Mexican wedding instead.

Could be the dad didn't want to be on this shit-show?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, eatsleep said:

No offense to anyone intended, but there is something rather unseemly about female bartenders.

Hey!  I was a bartender through college and I was completely covered up with white shirt, black pants and tie.  There is nothing wrong with good old blue collar hard work.  

3 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Could be the dad didn't want to be on this shit-show?

Probably.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Hey!  I was a bartender through college and I was completely covered up with white shirt, black pants and tie.  There is nothing wrong with good old blue collar hard work.  

I still bartend from time to time; I design cocktails for nonprofit fundraisers. I find it fun. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

I wonder if Debbie has been feeding estrogen to Colt all these years.  He has a very..womanly..shape.  And she did never think he would get married.  

Colt Tea reminds me of this SNL character named Pat. You didn't know if Pat was a man or woman but you tried your damndest to get clues to figure it out. All he needs is a curly wig.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Maybe Colt has an adult baby fetish if he is indeed wearing diapers. He’s such a titty baby with his mommy and probably likes Larissa to spank him when he soils his pants. 

Excuse me while I bleach this thought out of my brain...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

I too was a bartender, as a profession, for several years in my 20's and 30's. I worked in a Greek restaurant, a restaurant and bar catering to a financial district crowd by day,(a livelier one by night, in a bar-heavy area of Boston), a fancy French restaurant, a lovely hotel, and a Chinese restaurant. I remember that my mother's aunt was scandalized when she told her I was working as a bartender. "You LET her?" she gasped. My mother reminded her that I was 22, out on my own, and she had nothing to say about it. It was 1976. The establishment was perfectly respectable. Bartending is an excellent job for an energetic young person, I loved it. Its hard work, but fun and a great way to meet people. 

Topic? Uh, I don't think it would be a good job for Kalani. Maybe her sister. She could meet a guy maybe and get out of her sister's abundant hair.  

• Love 15

I think Larissa's Goodwill dress was lovely, much prettier and more appropriate than the ones we saw her try on.  It fit perfectly, too--wonder if she had it fitted?

I do believe Leida is pregnant--look at her belly in the wedding dress.  If she's gained weight, it's all in her abdomen, and I think it's a baby.  Judging from the preview, if she is pregnant, she's going to be really pissed, even more pissed than normal.  And of course Jennica was "enough" of Eric's children to attend the wedding; she babysits Alice.  What would be the point of more than one?  I'm so happy that the older two at least did not show up; I was afraid that the producers would want the drama.

Steven is getting his $1000/episode, and if he's been banking most of it, that will be a start for them.  But I'm afraid Olga has the idea that the spending he did in Russia will continue when she gets to the US--like "vacation" spending that so many foreign fiances expect to be normal.  The TLC money won't keep coming forever.  I'd also like to know how Olga supports herself in Russia.  She is a student, I think, and also works?  Is her apartment subsidized?  What will she do alone in Russia, if she's been dependent on Steven's money while he was there.  Is free childcare a possibility?  Again Steven does not disappoint in his obsession with Myson and seeming disregard for Olga's welfare.  She seems very frightened.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Maybe Colt has an adult baby fetish if he is indeed wearing diapers. He’s such a titty baby with his mommy and probably likes Larissa to spank him when he soils his pants. 

I think he shits in the litter box.

• Love 13

Coltee, in the ill-fitting suit, had an actual camel toe. Not a moose knuckle, but a camel toe.  And the jaws of life in the back.  I gasped out loud when I got a glimpse of him walking down the aisle looking every bit the blushing bride.

I don't believe for a minute that he is a beast in the bedroom as Larissa keeps trying to convince us. Girl wants that green card and she does what she has to do.

• Love 22

Did they raid a church service to get people to attend.eric and ledias wedding?

Also "I got this crown from Paris" what you stole that from a stripper named Paris?

I already hate Colt "well, this is Larissa's big day, but I should secretly invite the one person that has insulted her and that she doesn't want there.  Also it should be a surprise and then it'll be all her fault when her reaction isn't what I want"

• Love 18

Leida has a Beetus Body. Source: so do I :/

Someone on another site was describing the Vegas wedding and said Coltee had his suit tucked into his colon. I about died.

I would pay M O N E Y for R Lee Ermey to come back and tear Eric a new one over forgetting his pants, and for, well, living, basically.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

It was a thing of beauty to watch Ashley's self-satisfaction about her own looks come full circle.  In the very first episode she was with Jay and spoke about how their relationship was "real" compared with some of the relationships in previous seasons because of how they both looked (I thought at the time she was implying Danielle, Molly, and Nicole).  She viewed herself as thin and desirable.  Therefore, Jay HAD to be serious about her.  Now, in this episode she is almost speechless about the fact that the young woman with whom Jay had been "flirting" was her complete physical opposite.  Like many others in our society, Ashley valued looks over any other personal attributes and characteristics and could not imagine anything other than an happily-ever-after based on how she looked.

I understand that Ashley has endured traumatic events in her life.  However, until she understands that there is more to a person than their looks, she will probably keep repeating her bad choices in partners.

Maybe that's why she was so quick to dismiss Scooter Girl's opinion about Jay cheating?  It was easy to dismiss her warnings because she is heavy, not blonde, not boob jobbed, so there must be some ulterior motive for her trying to "create drama" between her and Jay?

34 minutes ago, RealReality10 said:

Ashley, girl, real talk, he invited these women to YOUR HOUSE?  Oh goodness.

She has no intention of giving him up.  If she did those locks would have been changed before he got home.

What I don't get is beside the obvious that he wanted out of Jamaica and green card and all that nonsense that he basically set it up like this?  Luis had the additional drama of Molly forcing her kids on him to play Daddy and babysitter.   But Jay was getting stripper sex with a body type that isn't bad....he could have waited a lot longer and lived a much happier life with her before he started to get bored and really blow it up.   He should look at Luis....HassanAzan….they are in much worse positions of exchanging sex for a green card.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Toodleoo said:

Leida has a Beetus Body. Source: so do I :/

Someone on another site was describing the Vegas wedding and said Coltee had his suit tucked into his colon. I about died.

I would pay M O N E Y for R Lee Ermey to come back and tear Eric a new one over forgetting his pants, and for, well, living, basically.

I actually think Leida is a very beautiful woman... Too bad that she has a sucky personality. 

• Love 1

Leida was so happy that the wedding was over and her marriage to "America" had been accomplished that she accidentally kissed Eric. And later when Eric was kissing her neck she recoiled and said "slimy". And Eric had the nerve to look shocked and hurt by the comment.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I agree. I think that’s why Jonathan’s mother didn’t even waste her time.

For the life of me, I cannot see what made Ashley want to marry Jay. How could she even find him sexually attractive? He looks like a CHILD. Like one of the kids who work in Jamba Juice after school. I probably would’ve had a crush on Jay in my senior year of high school or freshman year of college. There are plenty of men working at these resorts. Why choose this kid? I would feel like a predator even looking in his direction.

Probably the same reason teachers chose their 13 year old students as sexual partners/victims.  Something wrong with them!

• Love 3
On 12/30/2018 at 10:43 PM, DiamondGirl said:

I wonder if Debbie has been feeding estrogen to Colt all these years.  He has a very..womanly..shape.  And she did never think he would get married.  

His much vaunted libido would tend to refute this theory.   

• Love 1
On 12/30/2018 at 11:42 PM, liammaam said:

Am I seriously hearing Ashley correct right now?  This bitch... Beginning of season: "I'm not fat and ugly, so he's definitely not cheating."  End of season:  But she's faaaaaaaaat, and I am the opposite.  He must just like fat chicks."  

She's totally rubbing me the wrong way here- I understand she is trying to state a case for her not being his "type," but it just comes off as shallow bullshit.

Ashley described herself as short and slender.   I ran to the dictionary to double-check the definition of slender.

• Love 3