Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

A few days ago I read an article in The Daily Mail that the 90 Day Fiancé producers were having a tough time gathering a cast for the upcoming season due to the government shutdown and resultant lag time it was going to take to get the foreign “fiancés” ushered through the system. Looks like the producers lucked out at least for the next three weeks. They better bring their A game; I live for this ridiculous show.

• Love 5
On 1/22/2019 at 6:57 PM, ChiCricket said:

If you're missing 90 Day Fiance..might I suggest Married At First Sight which starts in a bit on Lifetime? 😁

Love After Lockup on WETV makes some of these people look like Rhodes scholars.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Love After Lockup on WETV makes some of these people look like Rhodes scholars.

I watched two episodes of LAL and couldn't take any more. The people there make 90DF look like Downtown Abbey.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Ye Gods!  I caught a rerun of the Tell All episode, not sure if part 1 or 2.  

The dumbass dad who allowed his fiancée to kick out the daughter?  No words.  I'd love to tell the daughter, no great loss for you, as your dad is a giant douchebag!  There are millions of teens with messy rooms, and they're not kicked to the curb!  All dad sees is that he's got a younger willing pussy living with him.  Whatever that nasty fiancée wants, she'll get.  Doubtful if he'd ever leave her.  I can see her dumping him as soon as a better meal ticket crosses her path.  

Larissa and the other douchebag.  Lord he's the biggest mama's boy douchebag I've ever seen.  She's not a prize either, but she could do so much better.  

I honestly can't watch any more.   I need to keep this tv working for now, and I have an urge to throw something through the tv set.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Way behind, I'm trying to catch up watching previous seasons OnDemand, although, side note, I'm super irritated that OnDemand replaced Episode 9 (which looked like it was going to be juicy - the end of Episode 8 had someone pounding on Ashley's door amidst all the talk of racist comments posted on their wedding website) with some INSUFFERABLE bullshit with Molly & MesseJesse, which I refused to sit through. So I don't know who was at the door, or what happened with all of that.

That said, I have some thoughts on the couples from this season, although I'm not quite finished watching the whole thing.

Eric & Leida

Ermahgherd, what a selfish, self-involved, self-important, OCD-havin' COOZE Leida is! The fact that she was furious about Eric paying child support because it cut into her wedding budget was unreal and her treatment of Tasha was inexcusable, especially when Eric wasn't standing up for his own daughter. Leida sees Eric as a ticket to the US so she can further her career, not as a partner. I was GOBSMACKED that Allessandro was 5 years old - he behaved & looked like a 2 or 3 year old. Leida is probably stunting his physical and emotional growth with her ridiculous antics. Her OCD is clearly kowtowed to by her parents, but she needs to get it under control. Just shrieking, "NOT PROPER NOT PROPER!!" over and over is not the way to get people to want to comply with your unreasonable demands.

Prognosis: DOOMED

Colt & Larrissa

Where to even begin with these two weirdos? Colt has a seriously unhealthy relationship with his mother and his mother is even more of a codependent than he is. Something is just very broken there. I don't know where Larrissa even fits into life with Debbie and Colt. As much as I hate saying it, Larrissa is actually right about Colt needing to cut the umbilical. That's probably the ONLY thing I agreed with her on. What a nightmare she is. From her first moments, bitching about not getting flowers at the airport (and then just HARPING on it) to her screaming, "He who goes against the queen dies!" at Colt's cousin, Larrissa is the personification of red flags. Meanwhile, Colt is just clueless and having a completely different relationship than she's having. He knows she's afraid of heights, but takes her to the top of the Stratosphere to propose because that's where HE wanted to do it, without any regard to how uncomfortable his lack of consideration made her. 

Prognosis: DOOMED. Colt is gonna end up back at his mom's. 

KALANI & ASUELO

I think I really needed to see Asuelo in Samoa to know whether my impressions of him are accurate, but he seems genuinely... simple. He comes off as so childlike in his mannerisms and speech. That he has a voice like a little flute doesn't help. That's why I'd have to see what he's like when he's not overwhelmed by being in the US, the language barrier, meeting his son, meeting his girlfriend's freaking TERRIFYING dad, dealing with her sister, etc. Because from the perspective the show gives, Kalani is being mommy to her son and her husband - and was cookin' another bun in the oven, to boot. I worry that Kalani felt obligated to marry Asuelo because she lost her virginity to him & that might be more acceptable to the LDS Church. But I'm super curious if Kalani's dad made Asuelo convert! I'm cracking up thinking about Asuelo asking about planet Kolab.

ASHLEY & JAY
Poor dumb girl. NO 20 year old boy wants to get married. Especially not a player like Jay. I could tell he was too slick from the first episode. He never denied Natalie's accusations, he just said she had no proof. I've known my fair share of "Jays" and I saw this trainwreck coming from miles away. I was also SO ANNOYED that when they went to Vegas to elope, they chose to do it at a cheesy, bad-Elvis-impersonator's chapel, where he made the vows seem like they were meant to be taken as a joke. It's not all that hard to imagine Jay thinking he could take all of that lightly - again, 20 year old kids tend to lack appreciation for the gravity of some of their actions. Ashley set herself up for failure. She thinks her bad choices in men are "bad luck," rather than HER BAD DECISIONS. She was up Jay's butt from the moment he stepped foot in her apartment. (Incidentally, where were her kids? She made a big to-do about "being a working mom," but her kids don't meet her new husband or live with her? There's a story there - I'm sure you veterans already know it. LOL!) She's a self-fulfilling prophesy with the paranoia about being cheated on. The way to alleviate that is not demanding monogamy, but that's just me. 

Prognosis: DOA

STEPHEN & OLGA

Ugh.. so young to be new parents. Both are still so immature themselves, but the baby is adorbs and against my better judgement, I'm rooting for these two. I think he's got some good building blocks for becoming a great dad and husband - when he grows up and stops making everything about him and his own needs. I think the new baby is giving him a baptism by fire in that arena. Olga seems sweet and genuine, although we saw more of her innards than I would've liked. YEEKS.

Prognosis: I have foolish hope. But I also haven't read the spoilers yet. 

Who am I leaving out?

Oh yeah...

JONATHAN & FERNANDA

I forgot about these two in my original post. Mostly because they were so forgettable.  Jonathan seems like a typical douchebro kind of dude and Fer just comes off as naive and enamored of this older American guy who was giving her all that attention. I was bothered by his stated reasons for falling in love with her because all he listed were her physical traits, not her heart or her mind. I was a little surprised to see Fer acting so immaturely at the Tell-All, but then I remembered that she's immature because she's still a kid. There was no reason to go after Larissa like she did, regardless of anything that happened on social media. It was petty and juvenile. It was also unwise, given the fact that Larissa clearly has anger issues and no control over her behavior when she perceives she's being attacked. I ultimately liked Jonathan because he did show some genuine heart eventually.

Prognosis: The age difference is going to be an issue. Age isn't just a number, it's also life experience and maturity. I predict there will be problems.

Edited by FrancescaFiore
ETA Jonathan & Fernanda
On 11/25/2019 at 5:10 PM, FrancescaFiore said:

Way behind, I'm trying to catch up watching previous seasons OnDemand, although, side note, I'm super irritated that OnDemand replaced Episode 9 (which looked like it was going to be juicy - the end of Episode 8 had someone pounding on Ashley's door amidst all the talk of racist comments posted on their wedding website) with some INSUFFERABLE bullshit with Molly & MesseJesse, which I refused to sit through. So I don't know who was at the door, or what happened with all of that.

That's interesting. I cannot remember what actually aired, but when it came to the racist comments, there was some drama, super trashy drama at that, and I'm not surprised that they decided to just drop it out of future airings.

I'm posting the super trashy drama under the spoiler tab because it may change your opinion of the couple when you see them on the next season of Happily Ever After. Or not.

Spoiler

When the article first came out about Ashley and Jay's wedding website receiving several racists comments, the overwhelming opinion was that Ashley was writing them. They were just like how she wrote online. Some people were accusing her friend with the motor scooter, Natalie, of releasing stuff and Ashley came up with the different person to defend her friend, who probably did have a lot of dirt to divulge. Ashley said the police determined who it was, and it was a boy she went to high school with but wouldn't date. So, the writing was similar because they had the same education, lived in the same place, blah blah blah.

Someone asked the police for a copy of the report and were told there was no open file on internet harassment or hate crimes involving the two of them, leading people to think that there was some open action involving one or the other, but the follow-up requests for public information came back as nothing to disclose. It was odd that they didn't just say "There is nothing regarding these two," when it sounds like that is the truth, but instead worded it like there may be something where Ashley or Jay were being investigated as opposed to being the victims. There wasn't, except maybe over what I'm going to post about the gun shop, but the response made it sound like there could be. I think it was later uncovered that Natalie had received a Restraining Order against Ashley and that was disclosed by one of Ashley's friends who secretly hated her. 

Also, Ashley legally owns guns. One day, Jay went into a gun store with a friend and looked at some handguns. He is not legally allowed to purchase a gun in PA, I think he was too young and maybe because he wasn't a legal resident yet. Ashley goes back to the store with him and tries to purchase the gun he was looking at earlier. The store refused to sell it to her because they thought she was trying to make what is called a "straw purchase" wherein she was purchasing it legally for someone who could not legally own it. Ashley went off online about them, calling them racists, saying they made racist comments and followed her out to her car with a gun, and deleted the video to support her claims. The store defended themselves and Ashley ended up apologizing and saying she didn't understand the "straw purchase" issue, was actually purchasing it for herself, and could understand why it may have looked like she was buying it for Jay. I think she was trying to stay out of legal trouble because the purchase and even just the attempt of the purchase was illegal if it was for Jay (I think it was), but that should have been investigated federally, not by the local, city or state police agencies, so it wouldn't have been in their records when people asked for them, but they may have had something about it. The response was just oddly worded for there not being anything at all.

Anyway, no one believed there was an ex school mate who had a crush on Ashley and was a racist. In fact, there really wasn't racism in her community, other than what was played up for the cameras or Ashley making false claims against people doing their jobs. I wouldn't say there wasn't any at all, and I'm sure there were negative thoughts, I mean, some people are just assholes, but most everything was discussing what in the world she was doing dating a young man who was only a few years older than her kids. She got the same responses about the age gap as if the genders were reversed.

One day, Jay picks up Ashley's phone and goes live on Instagram making a stupid statement and joking around. He didn't realize that it was signed on as the racist and not Ashley. It was glorious. It is probably the reason they cut it from the replay because they had filmed her for HEA and it came out while HEA was airing.

I do not believe that Sharp didn't know there was no police investigation because they would have been all over it. I also think that Ashley, Jay and Natalie were all involved, in an effort to keep more attention on Ashley and Natalie thought she and her husband were being filmed, too, and that it may open up a show about something her husband was doing. Her husband is the only one who didn't seem to be actively involved the frauding. Natalie and her husband were in Las Vegas for the wedding ceremony but were cut from the episode, so I think Sharp figured out what was going on before the episodes aired but after they had a large amount of video captured showing Ashley being super trashy and aggressive, and they weren't walking away from it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

OK guys. I would like you to explain it to me. I watched the Happily Ever After show before I watched this season. I am catching up on season six now. Jay and Ashley were having problems before they got married. Coltie and Larissa we’re also having problems before they got married.  Why the hell did they get married?

They were fighting over the same things when they got divorced.

Also, how could TLC have let that Samoan guy put that infant on his neck????   That kid could’ve fallen and died or had a serious brain injury.

Edited by Kid

Real talk, I’m a few episodes into season 6. I’m not even trying to be mean BUT: what’s up with Asuelu? Is his culture just completely different than our culture (American)? His whole display in the airport was weird, then with him saying he doesn’t need shoes or socks at the airport...he seems very immature and completely oblivious to social customs. Like I could see how, maybe, being from a tropical island, being barefoot is custom. But surely he didn’t think that was normal behavior at an airport? 

• Love 1
On 4/30/2020 at 2:43 AM, SheTalksShit said:

Real talk, I’m a few episodes into season 6. I’m not even trying to be mean BUT: what’s up with Asuelu? Is his culture just completely different than our culture (American)? His whole display in the airport was weird, then with him saying he doesn’t need shoes or socks at the airport...he seems very immature and completely oblivious to social customs. Like I could see how, maybe, being from a tropical island, being barefoot is custom. But surely he didn’t think that was normal behavior at an airport? 

Kalani later said the production team told him to do it and do the dance, which is why she was pissed off about it. She thought they were trying to embarrass him. She and her sister really trash talked production after the show ended, saying they made him look much more backward than he is. He wasn't experienced with kids and you'll see him act in an unsafe manner with his son, but he wasn't the cave dweller he came across as during the show.

• Love 2

I'm on episode 6. 

I thought I liked Steven, but now he's showing a very unappealing dickhead side. Russian doll just gave birth and she's worried about germs. Just stfu and wash your damn hands.

Ashley seems addicted to drama. She so wants to be the girl who is special enough to tame the Lothario. 

Samoa dude worked at a resort? He seems so simple and naive to civilization. Was he the guy that gathers coconuts for the islandy cocktails? He's sweet, but not well equipped for adulthood.

Larissa wants a guy that puts her on a pedestal and fawns all over her. I'm not sure how she could have ever mistaken Colt for this kind of man. He didn't so much as shake her hand when he picked her up at the airport. He showed about as much happiness to see her as an Uber driver would have. Wait maybe less cuz the Uber driver might put some enthusiasm into getting a better tip.

I can't wait to find out why supposedly Rich Indonesian chick is settling for liver-diseased loser Eric. It was mentioned that her dad is a surgeon so I googled to find out what the average salary for a surgeon in Jakarta is. Only $35,000 per year USD. I guess that goes a long way in Indonesia but not very far in the US . Now I understand why her and her family aren't bringing any money to the table for fancy New York hotel rooms or apartments that don't have roaches.

The little Latina lovely is going to find herself miserable with 32 going on 13. I don't know if she's always the jelly type that thinks her man should find absolutely no one else attractive or if dude is just provoking it in her, but he lives for admiration of his looks and that flattering moment when the hottie smiles or makes eye contact.  So I suspect many heated fights on the horizon. And you're right girl, you can't trust your aging (wanna be) big man on campus...or that drawer full of panty trophies he keeps to sniff

Oh Steven I have complete disdain for you now! Such a narcissist move to be jealous of the attention Olga gives your 2 week old child and whining she doesn't appreciate that you're doing EVERYTHING, isn't giving you enough affection, blah blah. Run Olga and take your kid with you...because this behaviour will continue and you don't want to be with a man that's competative with his own child. That messes a kid up! 

• Love 2

I have found that most of the couples trying to reach their end goal of marriage during 90 days have far less success than those couples matched 'by experts' for 'married at first sight'. Perhaps the 90 day fiancé couples should have a session with the married at first sight experts just so they can address the tough but important issues like children, religion, and paycheques.

12 hours ago, J80134 said:

Oh Steven I have complete disdain for you now! Such a narcissist move to be jealous of the attention Olga gives your 2 week old child and whining she doesn't appreciate that you're doing EVERYTHING, isn't giving you enough affection, blah blah. Run Olga and take your kid with you...because this behaviour will continue and you don't want to be with a man that's competative with his own child. That messes a kid up! 

I guess Steven is what is known as a man-child. They always want kudos for living a basic life, while still pouting because baby gets more attention than Dad does. Sheesh!

• Love 2
On May 5, 2020 at 4:34 AM, Christina said:

Kalani later said the production team told him to do it and do the dance, which is why she was pissed off about it. She thought they were trying to embarrass him. She and her sister really trash talked production after the show ended, saying they made him look much more backward than he is. He wasn't experienced with kids and you'll see him act in an unsafe manner with his son, but he wasn't the cave dweller he came across as during the show.

I have to laugh because although he is not a "cave dweller" he is definitely not the intelligent stay at home dad ready to teach the state's curriculum to the fullest, so his sons have a head start. Auesula needs to go back to Samoa and help his parents. I have a feeling lots of Americans are salivating over the idea of taking Kalani And her children on a road trip to Eastern USA.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 1
On October 7, 2020 at 7:59 PM, J80134 said:

I'm on episode 6

I can't wait to find out why supposedly Rich Indonesian chick is settling for liver-diseased loser Eric. It was mentioned that her dad is a surgeon so I googled to find out what the average salary for a surgeon in Jakarta is. Only $35,000 per year USD. I guess that goes a long way in Indonesia but not very far in the US . Now I understand why her and her family aren't bringing any money to the table for fancy New York hotel rooms or apartments that don't have roaches.

As soon as the Indonesian gal went on and on about being accustomed to wealth, I laughed. Her parents have wealth whereas as she has a broken marriage and a son. No one is lined up to take Her one. With that being said, she needs to see Eric as someone who provide for her and her son, a Lot more than anyone else offered in Indonesia. Don't try to change ad event guy, or else you make women around you want him even more.

On 10/22/2018 at 2:22 PM, doyouevengohere said:

Mexican Barbie and South Carolina Ken- He comes across as a douche and his house is really small.  Maybe he plans to add on , but for a big time successful realtor you would think he would get a nicer house; property is really cheap in SC.  I know guys like him and I hope Boobie barbie leaves him.  Except for her terrible taste in men, she seems okay and probably family oriented.  She deserves better.  Who moves an old dresser into their house with old undies and never looks inside it?

Just started watching, i'm late. But shocked at all the comments about Jon's house. He's a realtor, not CEO of a fortune 500 company, I'm sure he's not making much more than 100k. 2nd he's a young single guy, that's MORE than enough house for him. It would be kind of silly and costly for him to have a huge house for 1 person. Big houses come with big tax & utility bills. So many people end up buying so much more house than they need, just for appearances. So it's actually a smart thing for him to have a modest home.