Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, magemaud said:

Is that blue V shaped thing on the desk a "Thighmaster"? And what's with the toilet paper by the recliner? 

Doesn't look like a Thighmaster, but not sure what it is.  A lot of people use toilet paper as tissues.  I'm pretty confident that's what is being done here.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I suspect he'll move to wherever it is his mother is living in the US

I thought about that too.  Devar talked about his mom being here, and they went to visit her.  It was never mentioned for Jay again.  Kind-of like Luis going straight with his brothers in New Jersey (and he's still there).  I always believed he had that set up from day one.  Him marrying a girl there from the DR just solidified it for me.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, funky-rat said:
6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Is that blue V shaped thing on the desk a "Thighmaster"? And what's with the toilet paper by the recliner? 

Doesn't look like a Thighmaster, but not sure what it is.  A lot of people use toilet paper as tissues.  I'm pretty confident that's what is being done here.

You're right, I've been known to use a roll of TP instead of tissues when I'm at home with a cold. Much more economical. So, if not a Thighmaster, what is that contraption? A giant inflatable Vajajay? 

• Love 1
Just now, magemaud said:

You're right, I've been known to use a roll of TP instead of tissues when I'm at home with a cold. Much more economical. So, if not a Thighmaster, what is that contraption? A giant inflatable Vajajay? 

Not sure, and I'm not sure if I want to know, lol.

23 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I don't feel sorry for Ashley AT ALL. In the beginning she had this smug " I'm not fat and ugly so no way he's conning me" attitude. She wouldn't listen to reason and everyone who had concerns was jealous. Just be happy she's found true love! It's not her fault you can't pull a fine young Jamaican. Can she live??? Now she has to eat crow. Oh well.  

I am TOTALLY with you on this.   I'll even go so far as to admit I felt some level of satisfaction watching it dissolve that quickly.  She was way too smug and way too willfully ignorant about the whole thing.  The fact that she's got kids she's also dragged into this pisses me off, too.  How irresponsible of her.

• Love 10
23 hours ago, Sterling said:

I do have siblings:  a brother and a sister.  I'm a female, and my sister and I are very close.  I've been divorced for years, and I never had kids, while my sister is happily married to a great guy, 2 kids.  I have nothing but love and respect for all of them.  And many years ago, when my sister was single and I was the one getting married, she was my maid of honor, gathering all my friends together.

The crying that the one K sister does (wailing, actually) when her other K sister tells her she's pregnant is just not normal.  That's the kind of crying you do when your sister tells you she has cancer.  Not pregnant.

This K-K bond is just weird.  There is something psychologically off there.  Then again, my father is about as far removed as Father K-K as he could be.

The fact that Father K-K is so prejudiced against his own culture is so awful.  Prejudice is awful, period, but to openly be so disdainful of one's own people is just shameful.  And to lay that onto your daughters, as a "you better not marry one of them" is horrible icing.  Not a good man.

This is very well said. Father K-K is steeped in self-loathing, but he's also got plenty of loathing for other people to go around.  

My thought is that Asuelu might be strong enough and quick enough to take him on, but he doesn't have that kind of nasty anger that has fermented over years and years. Also, he probably hasn't been in very many fights if any at all because unlike his future FIL, Asuelu doesn't have a huge chip on his shoulder and a grudge against most people whom he meets.

Seeing Father K-K holding that tiny, innocent baby just made me shudder. After all, he's a beautiful little Samoan male. Thinking of the damage that crabbed old man would inflict as chief role model is a scary road no one wants to travel so Asuelu NEEDS to stay in the picture! After all, we know that Alani would NEVER find anyone else. My guess is, like most of the Americans on the show, she has pretty exacting physical criteria that she herself doesn't begin to live up to herself. And, as for that personality of hers, forget about it. She has three settings. Dreary, dull and bitchy.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Maybe part of a cosplay costume?

12 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Something confuses me.  Isn't the K1 visa only for a foreign fiancé of a US citizen? 

How did Steven apply for one before proposing to Olga?

Yes I’m confused too. K-1 is a FIANCÉ visa- for the purposes of arranging a wedding and setting up house within a 90 day period. It’s not a “courtship visa” to “see if we want to get engaged”. I thought Steven LIED to Olga and never applied for her K-1 visa while telling her he did?!! 

Granted with the holidays I haven’t been paying 100% attention. 

Edited to add- if the couple agrees they are engaged that counts as engaged. Although documentation of a courtship/ a relationship will be requested, they don’t ask “what date did you get down on one knee?”- you can state your engagement date as the day you agreed to be engaged (not the day the woman received a ring etc etc). 

• Love 5
Just now, Scarlett45 said:

Yes I’m confused too. K-1 is a FIANCÉ visa- for the purposes of arranging a wedding and setting up house within a 90 day period. It’s not a “courtship visa” to “see if we want to get engaged”. I thought Steven LIED to Olga and never applied for her K-1 visa while tellingher he did?!! Granted with the holidays I haven’t been paying 100% attention. 

Yep, he told her he applied for it when they found out she was pregnant (so ~8 months ago at time of this episode) but confessed that really he'd only applied for the visa a few weeks ago when he got to Russia.  But both of those fiancé visa applications would have been before he proposed to her...?

Watch her visa get denied because they weren't engaged at the time.  That would be perfect for these two pretty dimbulbs.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Yep, he told her he applied for it when they found out she was pregnant (so ~8 months ago at time of this episode) but confessed that really he'd only applied for the visa a few weeks ago when he got to Russia.  But both of those fiancé visa applications would have been before he proposed to her...?

Watch her visa get denied because they weren't engaged at the time.  That would be perfect for these two pretty dimbulbs.

Ah thank you. I added my note above. 

I highly doubt that would happen @Drogo, bonafide intention to marry and build a life together is what they want the documentation to prove- a birth certificate (with both parties listed as parents- Ritchie’s BC with an official translation) is some of the best evidence you can submit to document a legit relationship. I think it will be fine. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RealReality10 said:

Colt loses money, but that can be replenished, especially if you're living with your mom and driving a rust bucket with no ac.  

Beauty, sex appeal and youth are non refundable and non replenishable.

Nothing compared to the cost of a divorce!!!  Plus your pride and dignity.......

59 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I'm guessing the whole "fiancé" part of the K1 visa is interpreted pretty loosely.  I doubt the embassy is going to request video documentation of the actual proposal.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Nothing compared to the cost of a divorce!!!  Plus your pride and dignity.......

LOL, the fact that they are on this show makes me think you place a far higher premium on your pride and dignity than either colt.or Larissa :)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Something confuses me.  Isn't the K1 visa only for a foreign fiancé of a US citizen? 

He could've pulled off this ruse by claiming to have filed a petition for the Visa and claiming to have already proposed.  According to TLC, "after a visa petition has been approved, the foreign-born fiance must go to his or her Embassy for an interview. Often, the fiance will have to prove the legitimacy of his or her relationship with photos, correspondence, etc (easy for our "90 Day Fiance" lovebirds!). The consular officer will also ask questions about the foreign-born fiance's background, the United States fiance and your relationship and wedding plans..."

So she could've not had a real proposal, but he did say when she got pregnant, they talked about getting married.  So without him getting down on one knee, he could've told her he applied for that visa when he didn't; she may have just been waiting for the approval of the petition so she could then do the next part of the process.

And of course, when he came clean he hadn't yet done that, he made sure that he took her mind off of "I lied" to  "yay, he's not going to take my baby away and we'll get married in the US afterall!" 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, eatsleep said:

If it was really a con, I think he would have waited it out longer, been more discreet. Feels more like he was looking for a way to get out of the marriage.

He had a way out of the marriage -- NOT get married in the first place.   But that would have meant a one way ticket back to his home country and starting all over again on another mark.   He thinks the wedding means a guaranteed green card so he got what he wanted.   Now he is ready to move on and be single and sleep around again.    Except he missed ONE important part -- he still needs Ashley to sign off on the green card.   He sly, but not smart -- like most con men.

• Love 4

I don’t think Colt hid the fact that there would be a budget when Larissa came to the U.S., as evidenced by the conversation that he could not change her plane ticket because it would cost too much. That should have signaled to her that this was not going to be some life of unlimited luxuries. I’m sure he did say he would buy her things when she arrived, but then again, she has a gorgeous engagement ring now. Again, it’s hard to say what he told her vs. how she chose to interpret it. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

He had a way out of the marriage -- NOT get married in the first place.   But that would have meant a one way ticket back to his home country and starting all over again on another mark.   He thinks the wedding means a guaranteed green card so he got what he wanted.   Now he is ready to move on and be single and sleep around again.    Except he missed ONE important part -- he still needs Ashley to sign off on the green card.   He sly, but not smart -- like most con men.

Yeah, I tend to agree.  He is young and impulsive and has not mastered the con yet.  Azan, though, was quite good.  How many thousands of dollars did Nicole give him?  And I think they are still "together."  But then again, maybe he just found an easy target!

• Love 3

I think there is one point on which everyone agrees.  It takes two to go into this situation and each party in each couple had reasons for doing so:  Colt wanted to find someone who would have sex with him on the regular, knowing the odds of that happening in the USA were slim; Larissa wanted to come to the USA- the land of opportunity.  Ashley felt that her chances of finding someone who didn't find her patchy past, responsibilities of 2 kids and the fact that she's not getting any younger a turnoff; Jay wanted to come to the USA- the land of opportunity.   Eric realized that as a geriatric, unhealthy-looking poor 40-year old he might be better off looking for "love" overseas; Leida wanted to come to the USA- the land of opportunity.   Jonathan admitted that what really matters to him most is a big rack and hot body and that he could pay for one; Fernanda wanted to come to the USA- the land of opportunity.   Kalani is a childish, dependent unattractive lamebrain who *oops!* got pregnant on vacation while she was rebelling against her oppressive family; Asuelu wanted to come to the USA- the land of opportunity.   The only couple I am uncertain about motives- Steven and Olga.  I think that she got carried away with some long-needed attention while here working for a summer as a teen and now is suddenly facing adulthood and parenthood in an overwhelming way.  Steven has pretty much convinced her that staying in Russia will doom her. Meanwhile, he has huge abandonment and immaturity issues that are causing him to try and act "mature," which to him means overbearing, angry and domineering.

• Love 18
21 hours ago, RealReality10 said:

True, Colt loses money, but that can be replenished, especially if you're living with your mom and driving a rust bucket with no ac.  

Beauty, sex appeal and youth are non refundable and non replenishable.

I mean I mostly agree with you.  For either of them to talk about "love" is laughable.  That clearly isn't the exchange.  I just think Larissa may have been led to believe that the terms of the exchange were different than what they actually were.  It's up to her now if she is still willing to stay in it, and I think she will be.

I am also curious about whether a person brought over on a k1 visa who doesn't get married can be.brought back on another k1.  

Any of you k1 ninjas have the answer?

As long as two years passed since the first one and the foreigner being petitioned for a second K-1 visa  shouldn't be major flags raised. Or so say the immigration lawyer sites and Visa Journey self help folks.

20 hours ago, Drogo said:

The only actual ceremony the Counsel officer would be interested in is  the actual solemnization of a marriage if going for a K-3 or CR-1 visa.  Since Olga would have to do things at the US Consulate when it comes to a K-1 being issued to her by her actions  she is considered engaged even if  no proof of an American petitioner going through the American cultural tradition of getting on the knee and formally ask to marry while presenting a ring to display on the third, as Americans count it, finger to show the rest of the community that you are linked to another already.

Edited by Raja
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, magemaud said:

I thought maybe it was a tweezer for Leida's brows ?  You know, doing it proper being all her makeup and hair "glam squad" was left in Indonesia.   I agree also with some of the posters about not feeling sorry for Ashley, she didn't care if he cheated in Jamaica - who says that ?  I now believe he was scamming her all along to get here. She should be embarrassed - especially subjecting two young kids to this mess. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, merylinkid said:

It was just something fun at the moment and he got caught up in it. And realized he was in over his head. I doubt seriously there was any long game con at work. From the looks of things, he had a good life in Jamaica. Cool career, lots of women and fun, close-knit family. 

21 hours ago, Drogo said:

Come on now. Getting down on one knee is not a legal definition for anything. Some ppl are engaged at birth.

• Love 5

I figure hundreds of couples send in audition tapes for this program and production gets to select the ones they feel will make the "best TV" then ramp up the drama. They all need a "hook" to make their application stand out and "normal" couples need not apply. The problem for me is, they've run out of new ideas and we're seeing a lot of the same fake drama and storylines with minor variations every season with a different cast.  

Maybe a couple could be considered engaged the moment sperm meets egg? 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Lellend said:

I don’t think Colt hid the fact that there would be a budget when Larissa came to the U.S., as evidenced by the conversation that he could not change her plane ticket because it would cost too much. That should have signaled to her that this was not going to be some life of unlimited luxuries. I’m sure he did say he would buy her things when she arrived, but then again, she has a gorgeous engagement ring now. Again, it’s hard to say what he told her vs. how she chose to interpret it. 

I don't know that the plane ticket conversation would have totally negated him telling her that she could buy all these things once she got here.  

And I don't think she is looking for a life of luxury because I think there is a wide gulf between "I'd like a couch and a car with air conditioning" reads the luxuious life.  Even the truck she wanted was used IIRC.

She isn't looking for him to buy a brand new Tesla.  The stuff she seems to ask for seems maybe upper middle class.  Which isn't crazy considering what he had told her, the fact that he is a software engineer* and lives with his mom.

If the engagement ring is gorgeous (I didn't get a good luck) I'd bet good money it's made of a stone ending in "elle"

* I do not know how much software engineers make but it sounds like a fancy pants job.

Edited by RealReality10
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I figure hundreds of couples send in audition tapes for this program and production gets to select the ones they feel will make the "best TV" then ramp up the drama. They all need a "hook" to make their application stand out and "normal" couples need not apply. The problem for me is, they've run out of new ideas and we're seeing a lot of the same fake drama and storylines with minor variations every season with a different cast.  

Maybe a couple could be considered engaged the moment sperm meets egg? 

Well from the later common law and the religious push for perfect monogamy with no divorce it was more the person was married when the genitals were touched. The actual marriage was just the state or the religious state, otherwise known as  the church making a formal binding contract.  

What I am trying to figure out is why Steve and Olga were not on the Before the 90 Days spin-off?  I understand it was not the first meeting so you can't tease the will they or won't they have sex with a camera outside their door as with Hazel and Tarik  but it is defiantly a couple we are showing before she entered the US with the clock ticking to remain in legal status in the US

• Love 3
10 hours ago, eatsleep said:

Come on now. Getting down on one knee is not a legal definition for anything. Some ppl are engaged at birth.

And the US does make allowances for those cultures where the woman is not allowed to be with her spouse before marriage so a couple doesn't have to prove an ongoing relationship by having photographers follow them and providing copies of letters,  transcripts of chats, or whatever they do today now that you can talk for free thanks to the relatively new internet technology. I know for a while people did continue old school communication records because the counsel's investigators was just going off an obsolete checklist 

Edited by Raja
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Raja said:

Well from the later common law and the religious push for perfect monogamy with no divorce it was more the person was married when the genitals were touched. The actual marriage was just the state or the religious state, otherwise known as  the church making a formal binding contract.  

What I am trying to figure out is why Steve and Olga were not on the Before the 90 Days spin-off?  I understand it was not the first meeting so you can't tease the will they or won't they have sex with a camera outside their door as with Hazel and Tarik  but it is defiantly a couple we are showing before she entered the US with the clock ticking to remain in legal status in the US

I think the fact he had not applied for the k1 was the "outrageous plot twist" that obviously would have worked if it was on Before the 90 Days. And they too boring for Before the 90 Days. I don't know about you, but I want to see passion and romance and highjinks and drama on Before the 90 Days...not a bunch of crying and abdominal surgery!

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RealReality10 said:

I don't know that the plane ticket conversation would have totally negated him telling her that she could buy all these things once she got here.  

And I don't think she is looking for a life of luxury because I think there is a wide gulf between "I'd like a couch and a car with air conditioning" reads the luxuious life.  Even the truck she wanted was used IIRC.

She isn't looking for him to buy a brand new Tesla.  The stuff she seems to ask for seems maybe upper middle class.  Which isn't crazy considering what he had told her, the fact that he is a software engineer* and lives with his mom.

If the engagement ring is gorgeous (I didn't get a good luck) I'd bet good money it's made of a stone ending in "elle"

* I do not know how much software engineers make but it sounds like a fancy pants job.

No doubt Colt is a cheapskate. Definitely no argument there. 😂 I just think Larissa must have had somewhat of an idea that he was going to have budget limits based on the plane ticket conversation. That was a good opportunity for her to find another fish in the sea who would indulge her more before coming all this way for cheap Colt. I also question her understanding of currency conversion into USD. She seems to think some amounts are “cheapie” when they definitely are not! Lol. But that will come with time. 

Edited by Lellend
I can’t type
  • Love 3

Larissa is my favorite cast member.  I love her sing-song way of speaking.  I love the sly smile and the way she delivers her lines with a wink and a nod like she's in on the joke.  The way she dresses that sometimes looks like she just came from her job at the Bunny Ranch.  Sure she's batshit crazy, but that makes her all the more fun. I hope they get married.  I want to see After the 90 Days with Coltie and Larissa, featuring Debbie and the cats.

I know two sets of sisters with similar dynamics as the K-Sisters.  In one case, the father was an alcoholic and the older sister was the protector when he would come home drunk and raging.  They are in their late 60s now and still behave similarly.  In the other case, the father dropped the kids at an orphanage after the mom died (without ever telling the kids she was dead).  He came to pick them up much later remarried to an evil stepmother.    I think this dynamic comes from trauma, IMO.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Raja said:

My guess is it was because they had already met and supposedly already applied for the K-1 Visa. Steven just lied about that part. What a prince!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Larissa is my favorite cast member.  I love her sing-song way of speaking.  I love the sly smile and the way she delivers her lines with a wink and a nod like she's in on the joke.  The way she dresses that sometimes looks like she just came from her job at the Bunny Ranch.  Sure she's batshit crazy, but that makes her all the more fun. I hope they get married.  I want to see After the 90 Days with Coltie and Larissa, featuring Debbie and the cats.

I know two sets of sisters with similar dynamics as the K-Sisters.  In one case, the father was an alcoholic and the older sister was the protector when he would come home drunk and raging.  They are in their late 60s now and still behave similarly.  In the other case, the father dropped the kids at an orphanage after the mom died (without ever telling the kids she was dead).  He came to pick them up much later remarried to an evil stepmother.    I think this dynamic comes from trauma, IMO.

Jesus Christ, there are some evil people in this world.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, eatsleep said:

This!

I’ve said this about past seasons to much controversy here, but love/being in love is not a requirement for marriage and historically, is a relatively new concept.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, brillia79 said:

This!

I’ve said this about past seasons to much controversy here, but love/being in love is not a requirement for marriage and historically, is a relatively new concept.

Growing up, I never witnessed a happy marriage.  Maybe they were in love initially but it soured, maybe they were never in love.  I’m talking relatives, other kids’ parents etc.  Some were openly hostile, some just like roommates. So I never understood the allure.

Edited by Spike
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Growing up, I never witnessed a happy marriage.  Maybe they were in love initially but it soured, maybe they were never in love.  I’m talking relatives, other kids’ parents etc.  Some were openly hostile, some just like roommates. So I never understood the allure.

I think for a long time (up until very recently in the mainstream North American culture- if there is such a thing), marriage was the only socially approved way to share resources, raise children, receive domestic support and (for women) meet your need for partnered sex.

Now that people have other ways to do all those things fewer people are compelled to marry, but humans (I’m talking about group trends, an individual can always make a different choice) will continue to want to share resources, raise children, engage in partnered sex.

• Love 4

Ashley learns Jay's secret; Kalani and Asuelu worry her father will stop their vows; Eric and Leida have last minute problems before their wedding; Steven has to leave Russia; Colt and Larissa face their issues; Jonathan and Fernanda say "I do."

On 12/24/2018 at 9:59 AM, Sterling said:

<snip>

Unfortunately, she can't get this annulled, as it's been well documented that they've already had sex.  <snip>

On 12/24/2018 at 10:29 AM, brillia79 said:

I’m not sure, but having sex in the marriage doesn’t mean Ashley can’t get an annulment. Especially if Jay set up Tinder accounts right after the wedding. That’s pretty good indicator of “being frauded.”

<snip>

On 12/24/2018 at 10:48 AM, Sterling said:

I was basing the sex after marriage comment on the Danielle/Mahamit storyline.  He had sex with her one time after marriage, which she had shared with someone, and they said that he did that to avoid annulment. <snip>

Laws governing annulment vary by state. In Pennsylvania, voidable marriages include any of the following:

"If one person did not have court and parental consent to marry and was under 16 years of age at the time of the marriage.

If one party or both was under 18 but at least 16, and did not receive parental or court consent, they may request an annulment of marriage in PA within 60 days of the marriage ceremony.

If either party was intoxicated at the time of the marriage and requests an annulment of marriage in Pennsylvania within 60 days, the marriage may be considered voidable.

If a party is unable to consummate the marriage physically with sexual intercourse, and this impotence is “natural and incurable,” the court may grant an annulment of marriage in PA.

If one party was being defrauded, coerced or forced into marriage, the marriage is voidable. The party will need to prove that they did not voluntarily live with their spouse after being released or finding out about the fraud."

On 12/25/2018 at 9:01 PM, bravofan27 said:

They have an interview and show proof of financial capacity before the foreign person is granted a K-1 right? My husband was already in the US when we got married. To get his green card we had a joint interview after we were married, and I had to fill out tons of paperwork-- but maybe the US person did all that with the K-1????

After marrying, the immigrant has to complete an AOS (Adjustment of Status) to receive their conditional green card. Their US citizen spouse has to sign the AOS and appear with the immigrant for their immigration interview. If the US citizen fails to do so, the immigrant is going to have problems obtaining their green card.

One of the benefits of having the marriage annulled is that legally the marriage never happened. So once the 90 days have elapsed, the immigrant has overstayed their visa and can be deported. They cannot file an AOS and they cannot get a green card. 

On 12/26/2018 at 4:38 PM, Gobi said:

May have been because they never co-habited.

The research I've done indicates while several states still have laws on the books requiring consummation for the marriage to be valid (Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Ohio, South Carolina, Vermont and Wisconsin), those laws now fall under the category of "weird laws that are never enforced" mainly because non-consummation cannot be proved (but non-consummation is still a consideration for annulment in many states. In those cases where both spouses want the annulment, they will agree to claim the marriage was never consummated). But it is NOT a consideration for validity of a marriage insofar as benefits. I agree the issue of the inmate was probably one of the couple never cohabitating.

On 12/27/2018 at 1:47 PM, iwasish said:

But Colt also loses the time and funds he has invested in this relationship. Interesting point you bring up about the K1. I’m assuming it is the US cutizen who applies for it. If the 90 days elapse and there is no marriage, the non citizen returns home, can the US citizen then apply for a K1 for an entirely new person?  I would think it would st least raise some red flags...  and regarding the non citizen who returned to their homeland, can another US citizen apply to bring them over to the US? 

Yes, after two years have elapsed. My research indicates a second K-1 visa application is going to be scrutinized more carefully and will be less likely to be granted, however.

Edited to add:

If the marriage to the first petitioner does not take place and the foreigner returns to their home country, a different U.S. citizen can apply for a K-1 visa to bring that same foreigner to the U.S. to marry.

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Additional info
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Laws governing annulment vary by state. In Pennsylvania, voidable marriages include any of the following:

Are we talking about Ashley and Jay (sorry, just returned from vacation, and am still jet-lagged)?  If so, Pennsylvania has no jurisdiction for the marriage if they got married in Las Vegas.  

Annulment laws for LV are summarized here:

"General Nevada Requirements

All couples who want to annul their marriage in Las Vegas must satisfy two basic requirements before filing a Complaint for Annulment in Clark County. First, you must either have been married in Nevada or one spouse must be a resident of the state for at least six weeks prior to filing the complaint. The second requirement is that at least one of the legal grounds necessary for obtaining an annulment is met.

Grounds for Annulment

You need more than just mere regret to annul your marriage in Las Vegas. The state will annul your marriage if your spouse is a close blood relative; your marriage required the consent of a parent, guardian, or court, and consent was never given; one spouse fraudulently obtained consent to marry from the other spouse; one spouse was mentally incompetent or unable to understand what he or she was consenting to; or at the time the marriage took place, one spouse was legally married to another person."

From what I've seen, the only annulment hope is if a judge agrees that Jay was fraudulent in getting Ashley to marry him.  He just came for the green card, not for a marriage.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Are we talking about Ashley and Jay (sorry, just returned from vacation, and am still jet-lagged)?  If so, Pennsylvania has no jurisdiction for the marriage if they got married in Las Vegas.  <snip>

One may file for divorce or annulment in any state in which one meets the residency requirements. One does not have to file for either in the state in which the marriage took place.

As a matter of fact, prior to no-fault divorce laws being instituted nationwide, couples who could afford it often traveled to states (such as Nevada) with no-fault divorce laws and short residency requirements to file for their divorces to avoid long waiting periods and having to assign "fault" for obtaining a divorce; hence the term "quickie divorce"  was coined.

• Love 7
On 12/24/2018 at 5:45 AM, MrFluffy said:

A real estate agent sells real estate and does not need to be an attorney.

Different states, different requirements.  Apparently there are states that require attorneys for real estate transactions.  The quoted statement is true as far as it goes...a real estate agent does not need to be an attorney, but.........here's just one example from a state-by-state real estate guide. 

New York

In New York, both parties must have attorneys present at closing. The Empire State has some stringent requirements on what functions a non-attorney can perform, thanks to a 2009 ruling by a New York Appellate Court.  They are not allowed to receive direct or indirect compensation for preparing deeds, mortgages, assignments, discharges, leases or any instrument that affects real estate. Furthermore, the ruling stated that even if an attorney reviews and approves the work of a non-attorney, said attorney must have supervisory authority and be involved in the day-to-day operations of the firm for that work to be valid.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Matty said:

Quick question. Is tonight's episode the last one before the Tell-All? Does anyone know? Thanks!

I feel like this is The Never Ending Season of Snore.  The Tell-All being filmed so long ago won't even address the off-camera garbage that's gone on since.  And since it's presumably Shaun Robinson hosting... We'll just be subjected to finding out everyone's favorite colors and if they "are happy" (with zero follow up, because as we all know, it's already time for a commercial break!).

But I think tonight is the season finale and the tell-nothing starts next week. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

<snip>

But I think tonight is the season finale and the tell-nothing starts next week. 

My onscreen guide shows S6E12 next week, same time/same channel and neither tonight's nor next week's programs have the "finale" tag, so who knows?

Just now, TwirlyGirly said:

My onscreen guide shows S6E12 next week, same time/same channel and neither tonight's nor next week's programs have the "finale" tag, so who knows?

omg how much more of this do they want us to suffer thru?  lol i mean i'm still watching but damn.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

omg how much more of this do they want us to suffer thru?  lol i mean i'm still watching but damn.

Looks like S4 had 13 episodes + the tell-all; S5, 12 episodes + the tell-all. So there could be one, or even two, episodes after tonight, plus the tell-all.

• Love 1