Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

agree they are both being petty - however it should be noted that Bethenny has 8 books as far as I can tell, that she published in less time than Carole had her 2 books published. I think the charitable work Bethenny has done for Puerto Rico alone trumps what Carole Narrative Radziwell is doing now.

Hold on, Bodhigurl, wait ... is 8 more than 2? 

• Love 16
20 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I felt bad for Tinsley. She thought she was tight with Carole. She looked like she was going to cry when Carole casually waved off their friendship as nothing much. 

If sonja wants to wear Morgan slippers and pretend she is still yachting with princes, who cares? Why does dorinda have such a bug up her ass about it? 

Because she’s a big pain in the ass and thinks she knows everything, and only her opinion is right.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Frances said:

I think Carole's goal is to convince the audience that Bethenny is a liar and a bad person

I don't think Carole has any goals whatsoever so far as either this audience or this show is concerned.  

She is done, done, done.  

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Bravo had to threaten her with a lawsuit to get her to participate in the Reunion taping.

The whole point of Carole's remarks about Tinsely is that their friendship was mostly a Bravo storyline with a little bit of our-boyfriends-are-pals thrown in.  I mean, sure:  Tinsley is a nice girl.  And Bravo demands these bizarre 1940s-movie-magazine narratives:  Debbie & Liz Were BEST FRIENDS Till the Green-Eyed Monster Butted In!  And Bethenny is an emotional vampire of the most draining sort, so even playing let's-pretend-for-Andy was making Carole feeling anemic.  Why not make Tinsely the object of that we're-not-really-friends-but-we-play-friends-on-TV requirement?

I like Carole!

My only bewilderment about Carole is that I can't for the life of me figure out why she agreed to do this show in the first place, however many years ago that was.  Did she have a book coming out at the time?  I seem dimly to remember that she did.  And I guess she thought the Bravo exposure would help her sell more copies.  Though she's waaay too good a writer to appeal to most people who watch Bravo.

• Love 9

Oh Carole, you geriatric, Carrie-Bradshaw-wannabe baboon.  I think her amnesia with yelling at Andy that he's full of shit after just a few hours is indicative of her narcissism. My ex was a malignant narcissist, and he'd straight up lie to your face about things he did, saying "I don't recall doing that" with a smirk on his face.  I think that's the reason I hate her.  

And yelling isn't a good look for her.

image.jpg

• Love 24
10 minutes ago, unobtrusivepoultry said:

I think her amnesia with yelling at Andy that he's full of shit

Boy, it seemed pretty clear to me that Carole was joking when she said that.

And "Carole's s****** Jerry Lewis running form" is a pretty offensive characterization.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I am in no way surprised that Carole will never run another marathon. The only reason she ran the first one was to get Adam back or at the very least to keep him close by. I'm happy to never have to see Carole's s****** Jerry Lewis running form

giphy.gif

Carole said Bethenny's crying made her feel threatened. Does Carole not remember she met Season 7 Bethenny - sobbing on the floor afraid of hummus and meatballs Bethenny? How many times has Carole felt threatened when Dorinda blubbers over Richard?

KFB -method acting Dorinda

Bunny-GIF-21.gif

Oh my god, Rishard...Rishard...Rishard

Looks just like Carole!  I can see her running around in circles....she certainly talks in circles.

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 6

watching old RHONY and just saw the scene of Carole loading up on SkinnyGirl freebies at Bethenny's house... Complete with the blender she so proudly made off with. Guess back then SkinnyGirl wasn't all about shaming, as is Carole's narrative NOW about Skinny Girl products... oh the ridiculousness of it all...

• Love 24

So I'm guessing Carole has an issue with Heather's time with Yummy Tummy and now whatever squeeze your self into gear she's promoting now? Because you know, women have to squeeze into such things to be acceptable to the public... Carole's newfound dislike for Skinny Girl is really about her dislike for Bethenny. Let us not forget she also essentially shamed Jules over her weight. And never apologized for it.

Also - what exactly is body shaming about "Skinny GIrl" brand products? Because I'm chubby and I take no offense. I also read Bethenny's early book "Naturally Thin" and seem to remember her promoting healthier approaches to a healthy weight. I mean, the new broad line of SG products are not for me - but I don't take offense to their existence. So two skinny gals such as Cassandra Grey and Carole Radziwill don't need to speak out on behalf of all non-skinny women. It's a stretch and it was meant to belittle Bethenny. If Carole hadn't decided to break up with Bethenny she wouldn't have said such things...IMO of course

Edited by BodhiGurl
ETA - expanded my thoughts
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, Frances said:

I remember Bethenny first saying that Carole didn't have a career in one of the TH -- as part of a list of things Carole has in common with Tinsley. I didn't think she repeated it again until the reunion, in response to Carole's repeatedly saying she had been bashed and having arguably bashed back (taking shots at Bethenny's career) on her blog. I could be missing something, but I don't remember Bethenny being repetitive about the career thing outside the confrontation at the reunion. I have seen and continue to see Carole being repetitive about the career thing (and a lot of other things) over a longer stretch of time and all over the internet.

Bethenny kind of wants to say the career comment was a neutral fact, not bashing. Okay..I think it was a bit of a dig, and that Bethenny knows this. But a little dig is not the same thing as bashing or bullying or slander. And the dig exploits the fact that Carole's whole persona from the very beginning was boho writer girl who doesn't understand deadlines and contracts, and leads a fancy-free life: "No work and all play makes me a happy girl." So Carole is stuck with having already suggested that she's fine with being known as a slacker.

I actually think the slacker persona is contrived. All the journalists and writers I know (I work in publishing) are workaholics -- you have to be to stay relevant. Carole says in her bio on her website that at least part of the reason she took the RHONY job was the paycheque, and, I mean, she's hawking used clothes on the internet. I think the other (unstated) reason she took the job was to try to make herself relevant in media again after a long work hiatus. And that that's the reason she's so angry about Bethenny saying she doesn't have a career. But just a theory.

I would never say Carole never had a career, or one that she couldn't be proud of. But I also think the prestige of her career is greatly exaggerated, and the fact that most of her accomplishments are so dated helps to hide that -- we can't see her journalistic work right in front of us. I think the awards are for group projects, which we don't have in front of us to see, and we don't know what role Carole played. The main piece of work we have to judge her by is her memoir. Some great writers have written about themselves, including in memoirs, but I don't know any career writer whose main accomplishment is limited to one mostly autobiographical narrative.

I believe Bethenny said this to Dorinda as well early in the season.

And as far as the prestige of her career being greatly exaggerated, Carole has won Emmys for news producing. News shows will always be team work. The anchor or correspondent may get all the public glory and may be the person whose names we know (e.g., Peter Jennings, Barbara Walters, Lester Holt), but there is a team of producers that makes all that possible.

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, Maximona said:

My only bewilderment about Carole is that I can't for the life of me figure out why she agreed to do this show in the first place, however many years ago that was.  Did she have a book coming out at the time?  I seem dimly to remember that she did.  And I guess she thought the Bravo exposure would help her sell more copies.  Though she's waaay too good a writer to appeal to most people who watch Bravo.

I have not read Carole's books (and have no interest), but find the writing in her blogs and even her Tweeting shockingly bad for someone who claims to be a writer. It's full of spelling and grammar mistakes and malapropisms, but that's not even the issue. For me, it's just so bombastic, and in an almost embarrassingly amateurish way. A lot of the writing on this forum puts Carole's blog writing to shame.

Bravo's target audience is urban, upwardly mobile, educated women. The whole brand is elevated trash television -- guilty pleasures for the literate. So, I'm willing to agree that my opinion that Carole's writing is bad is just an opinion. But she's not producing highbrow literature, and, even if she were, the people who watch Bravo could handle it.

• Love 21
11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I couldn’t hear anything going on here. Did Sonja say it was a two-year commitment? She wanted to rent it out for two years, then move back in? What’s her objective?

Money, honey! She’s gonna make about 800k in 2 years. Doing nothing. She’ll probably sleep on Tinsley’s couch so that she doesn’t have to pay any rent herself...I hear Tinz is looking for a new BFF...

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Maximona said:

So if we Bravo watchers don’t like Carole’s writing, does that mean we peons just don’t get Carole’s genius?  I guess we’re too busy watching Bravo.

• Love 20
14 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

And as far as the prestige of her career being greatly exaggerated, Carole has won Emmys for news producing. News shows will always be team work. The anchor or correspondent may get all the public glory and may be the person whose names we know (e.g., Peter Jennings, Barbara Walters, Lester Holt), but there is a team of producers that makes all that possible.

Thanks for pointing out the Bethenny to Dorinda exchange! (It's always interesting to me how the whole season gives an impression, but I can't always really remember the details.)

I agree with what you say about journalism being teamwork. I still don't feel comfortable judging the quality of someone's work or their skill on the basis of awards, especially ones from a long time ago, where I don't know much about the context. It's not that we should discount awards, but they don't give the most well-rounded picture. 

I'll also admit that I just really, really don't like Carole's writing, and I know others would disagree with me on that. And I'm suspicious of her abilities as a journalist because she seems to me to suffer from tunnel-vision and to be a poor fact checker.

• Love 14
21 hours ago, SCS said:

LOL you are probably correct -- these dames and their myriad procedures all run together after a while.

I love my Ramona, but the scariest procedure I ever saw her do was in one of the earlier seasons. Ramona had the sweat from her armpits sucked out.

The machine/nozzle looked like the thing they use for liposuction  Gah!

tenor.gif?itemid=7176837

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

watching old RHONY and just saw the scene of Carole loading up on SkinnyGirl freebies at Bethenny's house... Complete with the blender she so proudly made off with. Guess back then SkinnyGirl wasn't all about shaming, as is Carole's narrative NOW about Skinny Girl products... oh the ridiculousness of it all...

Her deeply held beliefs about the wrongness of skinny shaming take a backseat to "supporting a friend" (and getting a free blender)? If so, I think her moral compass needs an adjustment.  She doesn't really know that much for a know-it-all.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

Maybe she just hadn't had Skinnygirl shoved down her throat at every opportunity yet?

48 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

This makes me want to watch The Newsroom again.

41 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Money, honey! She’s gonna make about 800k in 2 years. Doing nothing. She’ll probably sleep on Tinsley’s couch so that she doesn’t have to pay any rent herself...I hear Tinz is looking for a new BFF...

According to Zillow, the townhouse will be for rent again on Sept. 15th. She needs to find a long-term renter.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, rehoboth said:

In the end Carole ended her Howife marathon the same way she began - as too cool for school.  Too cool to stick up for a friend (acquaintance?) sitting right next to her and too cool to exit gracefully.  Instead she gets together with another perceived Cool Kid and posts a video making fun of someone else's livelihood.  Truly head scratching.  As Carole is known for taking on the personalities of her current besties, that doesn't say much for Cassandra Grey.  If this is girl-power and empowering women, I don't want any part of it.

Cassandra posted a pic of Carole (location: Little Palm Island - where she was with Tinsley) and this is what she said

Did I mention she has the body of a teenager?! Literally the only girl over 30 that isn’t resentful she got a year older. Doesn’t age. We get the face we deserve. Happy Birthday

Why doesn't she just say Carole has a beautiful body - why the comparison to a teenager? Is that age shaming in Carole's book? Why is Carole being called a girl and not a woman - again is that age shaming in Carole's book. Again "girl" "over 30" "isn't resentful" - I thought Carole is proud of her 54 year old ass and she freaked when Bethenny mentioned "45"

Cassandra and Carole deserve each other.

• Love 24

I don't understand how to work Twitter....

Does anyone follow Tinsley?  Is she okay?  I know it sounds kind of silly, but I hope she's okay.

I'm bothered by Carole and her lack of decency to someone who opened her heart to her.  Particularly because she double downed on Twitter, knowing how she hurt Tins feelings during the reunion. 

• Love 21

LOL Tinsley is fine. I really don't think she's devastated.

20 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Maybe she just hadn't had Skinnygirl shoved down her throat at every opportunity yet?

This makes me want to watch The Newsroom again.

According to Zillow, the townhouse will be for rent again on Sept. 15th. She needs to find a long-term renter.

Same. Even though the show frustrated the hell out of me. I don't think I ever even watched the finale, now that I'm thinking about it.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I guess, I just think that was a weird point for her to make. Taking that stance didn’t make her look good. She’s sitting there quibbling about Tinsley and how much or little Tinsley means to her. How much or little she values her. Right in front of her. Ew. 

So if she’s was only on these trips because Carole was so close to Scott and he’s her friend then does that follow that Bethenny was her good friend? But not?

• Love 1

I thought it was interesting that once Carole insisted she wasn't that good of friends with Tinsley, who obviously was hurt by this, Bethanny became very nice to Tinsley. She laughed (vs. mocked) Tinsley's "Tinsley's Travels" comment, and offered some supportive comments here and there. However, Carole was ice cold to Tinsley.

What was going on with that? Did anyone have a different take?

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I thought it was interesting that once Carole insisted she wasn't that good of friends with Tinsley, who obviously was hurt by this, Bethanny became very nice to Tinsley. She laughed (vs. mocked) Tinsley's "Tinsley's Travels" comment, and offered some supportive comments here and there. However, Carole was ice cold to Tinsley.

In the first or second installment, she also was kind to Tinsley about freezing her eggs and said she understood why Tinsley had cried looking at the picture, as it represented what could be possible in the future (paraphrased).  

I honestly don't remember her taking any swipes at Tinsley during this reunion, but then again she and Carole were so busy playing the HW Shout Down Olympics that I could have missed something.  

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I noticed that, too.

Bethenny knew as soon as it happened how terrible Carole's words were and how bad she was going to look when it aired. Bethenny is the smartest cookie on this show (not that it's a high bar) and knew that being nice to Tins after Carole had been so unnecessarily cold and downright hurtful would only make her look even better.

Bethenny stays winning.

• Love 19
12 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

I could barely watch any of the three reunion shows -- has this franchise ever had reunions that were nothing more than screaming matches? That nonsense is why I stopped watching the entire Jersey and Atlanta franchises -- its obnoxious and gives me a headache -- not enjoyable when you're just trying to watch mindless tv after a stressful day. 

I don't recall them ever having reunions like this -- sure there was some yelling or arguments, but at least there were conversations you could actually follow. This was nothing more than people screaming over one another and nothing else. 

Carole has just become a cold, nasty, out-and-out bitch. I used to really like her but man, she has just become a nasty, nasty person. 

Glad this season is done and puss-face Carole is gone forever. And she was totally fired. I call complete BS that she left on her own. 

giphy.gif

Carole was definitely fired and she can't stay off SM.

She's becoming more and more unhinged by the minute.

None of her Scream Team Mates have supported her on SM, it's like they know she's cuckoo for cocoa puffs and have backed off completely.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Maximona said:

I’ve always thought, since she and Andy were true friends off camera, that he begged her to join the cast. At the time, the show was losing viewers, they desperately needed a good draw and I think Carole may have needed it for her mental health too. This is all in my imagination, I admit!

I still say, losing those 3 in her life so close together, plus her husband being ill all during marriage, destabilized Carole. I think maybe she’s so forgiving and tolerant of Dorinda too, because they share the same feeling of deep loss and not liking where their lives ended up. I wouldn’t be surprised if both Carole and Dorinda are permanently wounded grieving souls, and I’m not criticizing that. It happens to all types of people. They’re just not usually getting drunkor being   abusive on our tv shows in real life.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Does anyone follow Tinsley?  Is she okay?  I know it sounds kind of silly, but I hope she's okay.

I'm bothered by Carole and her lack of decency to someone who opened her heart to her.  Particularly because she double downed on Twitter, knowing how she hurt Tins feelings during the reunion. 

Ughhhhh I’m on twitter. I’ve deliberately not looked a their accounts. I don’t follow any celebs or HWs. I’m on there for cats, design, world news, tornado warnings and some farms in Ireland. But damnit I will look now because of the worrying... 

ETA: she’s not been on since late August. I hope she’s ok. I think Carole is distancing to help Scott get away from Tinsley maybe? Guessing.

25C27821-5557-4F5C-B804-71D42C6C22C0.jpeg

Edited by Sunfield
Update on Tinsley
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

How to you go away on vacation with someone and not consider them a close friend? That’s so weird to me. Do people vacation with casual acquaintances?

Well if you're Carole the Asshole, you also get to be a bridesmaid with people who you don't consider a close friend

July 2017 WWHL appearance

• Love 10
15 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:
On 9/5/2018 at 7:44 PM, DelicateDee said:

When Bethenny claimed one text, she was referring to one thread of texts, going back and forth. 

And am I the only one who keeps wondering just what kind of bruise Ramoana has on her cheek, the one she didn't want facing the camera (as If it's not on full display anyway)?  It looks dented.  How do you dent your cheekbone?   

That's not how anyone talks about texts and not how they work.  You can't have separate threads with the same person unless you are using different phone numbers or group texts, so all texts are just in one thread.  For instance, I have one text thread with my sister that goes back however many years I've had this phone, but it has thousands of texts in it.  I don't say I've only sent her one text in the last X years.  

No, all texts are not in one thread.  What ties a 'thread' together is the topic of the text and the day, time of it.  For instance, if I text my friend, brother, sister or whoever about, say how their trip to wherever went, we will have a back & forth about that trip.  That's one thread of texts.  If I text the same person the next day, or even hours later, about my big lottery winnings (I wish), and we go back and forth about that, that's a different thread.  Yeah, it's all on the same phone, but they are separate convos.  I even heard Bethenny say when her texts came up, that she sent 8 (?) replies/responses to her initial text about them getting together (or whatever), so to her, it was one text. 

• Love 1

Well, from the other side of the pool.... I'm hanging out with Archie (RHOC) along with Bambi and River (RHBH) and I'm having a beverage.  I'm also tossing a proper tennis ball. 

Carole's response to Beth regarding her lame attempt to imitate Carole about her 'narrative'...should have been about Beth's tortuous everything...from her divorce, her colon, the house in Columbia, her slice of torture at the dinner.  Beth's life has been sheer torture from her childhood. 

People's careers aren't just about the moment.  Life evolves.  Ro had much more success at a younger age than Beth.  So did Carole.  They made choices because of their situations.  That doesn't make them less successful or diminish their careers.  Beth didn't have much success until she was forty.  That doesn't make you better.  Beth to Ro:  Call me when you're successful.  Both Carole and Ro could have made 'that' phone call to Beth twenty years ago when daddy was paying Beth's rent.

On another note, I'll admit it.  Carole and Cassandra's instagram story was on the mark.  Skinny?  Yep... It's what can I say.  Women (people) come in all shapes and sizes and colors, etc.  Skinny is passe.  It's about being healthy.  It's about being who you are.  It's not about being a preconceived notion of 'weight'.  It's 2018 Beth. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 14

It started with flashbacks to Adam and Carole. Then Andy says, "Tinsley, you and Carole really bonded this season, though you are two different people. What do the two of you have in common?"

Then Tinsley says, "I don't think we are so different, Carole is a loyal, good friend. She's a girly girl (here Carole snarls a bit), a girls girl, and we became much closer this year. It stemmed from Scott. She hooked me up with the man I love, someone she also knows well, and it brought us closer."

Then Carole interrupts with, "We don't see each other that much. The last time I saw you was in May, we had dinner right after Dubai. Bethanny made it seem like we were BFFs, thick as theives, but we weren't. We were friends..."

Then Tinsley cuts in with, "Okay, but you do know that it hurts my feelings when you..."

Then Carole cuts in with, "I know, but I'm going to be truthful. I'm going to describe our friendship with how it is, not how it was described."

And it goes on, becoming more painful. Ouch! 

• Love 20

I think Carole's clique of friends outside the show likely started getting in her ear about the show and how she was coming off as Bethenny''s lackey and how awful it all is and how horrible Bethenny is and how Carole is better than Bethenny and the show.

She certainly does have her own narrative going on in her own head.  And to be that assured of the rightness of vile behavior has to be getting positive reinforcement from somewhere.

She's clearly over the show and dropped any pretenses of having reality show friendships.  I'm guessing that her attitude towards Tinsley is one of those taking sides in a break up situations.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Jel said:

Hold on, Bodhigurl, wait ... is 8 more than 2? 

4 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

LOL - yep.. and accd to Amazon, 4 of them were bestsellers, I presume NYT Bestsellers...

And Bethenny's "I Suck At Relationships" book is ranked higher than Carole's "Widow's Guide" in both sales and listing.

To be fair, Carole does have that 3rd Book - The Madcap Tales of My Year on The Real Housewives of New York (Season 5 blogs)

If Carole self publishes (ink jet printer and stands with a table on West 8th Street), she might just have enough of a writer in her to crank out season 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 (5 more books people!)

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Carole wouldn't dare live on the UWS. She's a downtown girl, always has been. 

I don't understand the obsession with so many about Carole not having a career. She's now 54 yrs old so if she doesn't have one now and can afford not to work then more power to her. I wish I was in that position. Who gives a rat's ass? Oh, yeah, Bethenny does. What is she going to be doing 7 yrs from now? Still busting balls and making everyone around her miserable I'm sure. 

Preach!  I wish I was 54 and living that life with “no career.”  I hate to think that the day after I do retire (some day god willing), that I am not cast to the curb.  I’d never even dream of saying to my mommas face “YOU HAVE NO CAREER.”  She retired 2 years ago after working her fingers to the bone.  I guess tho, since Bethenny was raised by wolves, she never developed that kind of appreciation for the others who have worked hard.  She’s the only and ever one to work their ass off to have it all.

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 24
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

Tinsley doesn't tweet much. She's on Instagram more.

The only one tweeting up a storm is Carole and her 10000 accounts and she won't shut up about RHONY or Bethenny.

Her ass got fired and she is so angry and bitter.

• Love 17