Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Jel said:

Aww maaannn. Since the reunion, Tinsley has activated my innate "take up for the underdog" reaction. My underdogcampus is in the 99th percentile, y'all. Where I used to think, "Tinsley, for the love of God, take it down a thousand", now I think, well, she's enthusiastic, and it's better to be who you are than pretend to be who you aren't.

Awwww....what do you mean? This is normal for me.

Knock, knock,

That must be the charcuterie board I ordered

giphy.gif

Oh my, it's Scott...insert mewling noises

tumblr_nd3pn3y15T1r6q4zxo1_400.gif

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

If this is about Carole.....I'm going on record as stating that I was first when Carole told Adam that she doesn't drink coffee anymore, that she likes tea.....she was coming out.  If not, then I'll go on record as maybe being wrong. lol

Late in life post menopausal lesbian!

• Love 5

I find it offensive that Carole insists on using the term "girl" to refer to grown adult women, especially women of a certain age who should be proud they are, in fact, women. Talk about age shaming... she's so ashamed of being a 55 year old woman she insists upon referring to herself as a girl. 

I'm not really offended. No. I'm offended that Carole's narrative is being offended... and shamed...

• Love 12
1 hour ago, jennylauren123 said:

I think Dorinda picks on Sonja because Sonja is the weakest one of the women, and bullies like an easy target. Dorinda a mean, sloppy drunk and thinks she's above it all. For example, she claimed that she was not drunk and was touting Jovani at Lu's show. Uh...no.

Losing a husband doesn't make you queen of the world or the queen of all suffering. We all have our battles. Sonja is a mess, and I don't like her either, but I think Dorinda is truly mean. Marrying rich has turned some of these women into real assholes. Of course, they might have started out that way.

I think Dorinda's head got big during the season of "What are you doing here without Dorinda?"

I forget who said it. Anyone remember?

Sonja. 

• Love 4

It seemed to me that at some point during the reunion, Carole decided that she was not coming back. She saw how the game was being played with Andy and Bethenny being cohosts, and she made up her mind that she wanted out. 

Either way, she will no longer have to deal with all of that B.S. Happy for her. The paycheck is not worth that crap.

It's not like any of them had any fun at all on the show last season. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Lu came back as "friend of " next year. 

The only save that this show has now is to add new housewives. This current  lot is just so predictable and if not for the horrid feud this year, which was such a downer, nobody had anything to contribute.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Oh dear.  Carole yelling at Andy was............................she was sooooo fired.

Ramona's eye - eeeek.

Other than that blah, blah blah...............................

I thought Sonja's comment about "And I have a huge vagina apparently" was pretty giggle-worthy.

But overall I think a lot of the redundant back-and-forth squabbling with Bethenny and Carole could have been edited out and this could have been encapsulated into two episodes.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I thought Sonja's comment about "And I have a huge vagina apparently" was pretty giggle-worthy.

I literally could not stomach more than a few minutes so I missed that.

I sounded like an R rated preschool fight.

• Love 2

I don't think Bethenny is coming back.

My prediction is that she's out or she'll rejoin mid season. Or make some cameo appearances.

If she does come back, so soon after Dennis's death, there is something subhuman about her. And not in a good way, in my opinion.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, jumper sage said:

I literally could not stomach more than a few minutes so I missed that.

I sounded like an R rated preschool fight.

That's pretty much what it boiled down to.  

Sonja's vagina comment was in response to Carole proclaiming she had a "ginormous hippocampus."  

It was just so random that I couldn't help but giggle.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ryebread said:

My prediction is that she's out or she'll rejoin mid season. Or make some cameo appearances.

If she does come back, so soon after Dennis's death, there is something subhuman about her. And not in a good way, in my opinion.

I thought that she was already confirmed?

• Love 4
Just now, KungFuBunny said:

If it's true, good for Sonja.

However, I'm a bit skeptical that the tenant didn't run screaming from the house leave after a few days. Over the last six months, we've had some torrential downpours - where flash flood warnings are now the norm. Sonja had a lot of leaks throughout the house, I thought she only did "cosmetic" work on the house.

Wouldn’t there be a 2 or 1 year lease? I’m not sure you can rent month by month anymore...I had a hard time believing she’s even getting the price she wants...crazy. 

• Love 3
On 9/6/2018 at 10:58 AM, Otherkate said:

I also can't tolerate the sight of Adam and certainly not in his underwear. I think he did a real number on Carole and I hate him for it. 

I don't find him attractive. Perhaps he photographs better than he looks? 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, stacyasp said:

Late in life post menopausal lesbian!

My friend from high school was married for 22 years, raised two children and once they were out of the house, divorced her spouse and remarried a woman who worked in her office. I've never known her to be happier. Switching teams happens.

AFAICS, it happened to Cassandra Grey. Carole wouldn't surprise me a bit.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ryebread said:

My friend from high school was married for 22 years, raised two children and once they were out of the house, divorced her spouse and remarried a woman who worked in her office. I've never known her to be happier. Switching teams happens.

AFAICS, it happened to Cassandra Grey. Carole wouldn't surprise me a bit.

This wouldn't surprise me either. I've seen the same in my group of friends. Both male and female. Not that uncommon these days.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

So I'm guessing Carole has an issue with Heather's time with Yummy Tummy and now whatever squeeze your self into gear she's promoting now? Because you know, women have to squeeze into such things to be acceptable to the public... Carole's newfound dislike for Skinny Girl is really about her dislike for Bethenny. Let us not forget she also essentially shamed Jules over her weight. And never apologized for it.

Also - what exactly is body shaming about "Skinny GIrl" brand products? Because I'm chubby and I take no offense. I also read Bethenny's early book "Naturally Thin" and seem to remember her promoting healthier approaches to a healthy weight. I mean, the new broad line of SG products are not for me - but I don't take offense to their existence. So two skinny gals such as Cassandra Grey and Carole Radziwill don't need to speak out on behalf of all non-skinny women. It's a stretch and it was meant to belittle Bethenny. If Carole hadn't decided to break up with Bethenny she wouldn't have said such things...IMO of course

The hypocrisy is astounding. People can explain away or excuse anything as long as they like someone. If someone I like does a shitty thing, I have no problem calling them out on it. Some people can’t. It’s like it threatens their sense of self. 

Carole was so thrilled that she couldn’t give blood because she was too underweight. She was beaming, and couldn’t wait to tell everyone. She’s so full of crap. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Wouldn’t there be a 2 or 1 year lease? I’m not sure you can rent month by month anymore...I had a hard time believing she’s even getting the price she wants...crazy. 

I think you can break a lease if it is a health hazard.

I can't imagine there not being deadly mold in her house.

During this season and seasons past - we've seen various times where a room is pictured and you can see the water marks in almost every room.

Sonja allegedly moved and packed up most of her things and put it in the spooky basement. I wonder if the old Wesson oil bottles are still there

• Love 6

If Bethenny had worded it like this: "doesn't have a career that keeps her extremely busy", would that have been acceptable?

1 minute ago, KungFuBunny said:

During this season and seasons past - we've seen various times where a room is pictured and you can see the water marks in almost every room.

Sonja allegedly moved and packed up most of her things and put it in the spooky basement. I wonder if the old Wesson oil bottles are still there

Several species of

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

That poor townhouse. It’s turning into the Addam’s Family mansion...

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I thought that she was already confirmed?

Pictures, or it didn't happen. ;-)

3 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I found him physically attractive when he first appeared....

But then he spoke and ruined it.  

Exactly. I'd still eat his food, though.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Pictures, or it didn't happen. ;-)

Actually, you are right! I thought I saw a poster somewhere on here confirm that she was signed on for S11. 

I have to concede this one to you, there is no picture. It didn't happen. 

Thank God!

I did see a blind item that one of the housewives ( not necessarily NY) was returning as a friend due to too much going on in her personal life. People were guessing Luann or Dorit, but now that I think about it, Bethenny makes sense.

I found the link:

https://thegossiplife.com/2018/09/06/daily-blind-item-housewife-downgraded/

This could certainly be Bethenny. What do you think?

Edited by Happy Camper
Added link
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I don't find him attractive. Perhaps he photographs better than he looks? 

49 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I found him physically attractive when he first appeared....

But then he spoke and ruined it.  

I don't think Adam is that successful of a model. I can't find any scope of work. The photos on the IMG page are shots taken for look sees.

37 minutes ago, Jel said:

Not me, pube finding risk feels too high

Oh Carole!

Reminds of Curb Your Enthusiasm episode

FortunateExcitableFlicker-max-1mb.gif

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Actually, you are right! I thought I saw a poster somewhere on here confirm that she was signed on for S11. 

I have to concede this one to you, there is no picture. It didn't happen. 

Thank God!

I did see a blind item that one of the housewives ( not necessarily NY) was returning as a friend due to too much going on in her personal life. People were guessing Luann or Dorit, but now that I think about it, Bethenny makes sense.

I found the link:

https://thegossiplife.com/2018/09/06/daily-blind-item-housewife-downgraded/

This could certainly be Bethenny. What do you think?

I would guess Luann. The quote was that Bravo feels it important that she deal with her messy personal life, first and foremost. Lu is the one in and out of rehab, and being sued by her ex and children. I would not call Beth's or Dorit's (unless I have missed something recent about Dorit?) personal life messy. Beth's is certainly sadder, but hardly what I would call messy which is think is the operative word.

I think Lu would also be just fine with this as I don't think she wants a season devoted to her children suing her. Though I think she will miss the paycheck.

It was also already announced that Beth is returning - I doubt Bravo would do that if she was coming back as a friend only. 

Edited to add - I only watch OC, NY and BH so I have no idea if the blind fits a howife on another franchise. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 9

Geez, KFB, that gif and the pic of the scissor sisters that @film noire posted the other day remind me not to peruse this forum while I'm having lunch. ;-p

Happy Camper, I think that blind could be about either Beth or Luann. My money's on Beth.  Luann needs the money and in my opinion, her life is less of a mess than Bethany's is.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I hope you're wrong.   NY sucked when Bethenny was gone.  I couldn't watch.

I think the worst thing for someone to do after losing a loved one is to stop living their life.   She can't hide from the reality that Dennis is gone and he wouldn't want her to either.    Bethenny needs to return to her regular routine.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Lu is the one in and out of rehab, and being sued by her ex and children. I would not call Beth's or Dorit's (unless I have missed something recent about Dorit?) personal life messy. Beth's is certainly sadder, but hardly what I would call messy which is think is the operative word.

Lu's problems seem mostly behind her now.  Bethenny is still a red hot mess. Grieving, raising a child, the custody drama which is going to take a new turn in March, ( are they still filming in March?) And she herself says that she has too many plates in the air. Bethenny can afford to walk away, monetary-wise. Now if her ego can stand being away from a camera, that's a whole nother story.

Andy likes Lu, and probably wouldn't want to take the paycheck away from her when he knows that she probably needs it.  We'll see!

6 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I think the worst thing for someone to do after losing a loved one is to stop living their life.   She can't hide from the reality that Dennis is gone and he wouldn't want her to either.    Bethenny needs to return to her regular routine.

I don't think she'll quit living her life. But even she said she needs to let something go. And you know it's not going to be her cash cow businesses. But my biggest reason for thinking she won't be back, is I honestly can't imagine having all this crap going on in my life. My friend/boyfriend/fiance dying suddenly and then jumping through hoops filming a reality TV program. It would just be too much for a common mortal like me. In addition, I can't take a season of Bethenny being sad and crying. Too much crying.

ETA:  I do agree though that this franchise sucked while she was gone.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:

I find it offensive that Carole insists on using the term "girl" to refer to grown adult women, especially women of a certain age who should be proud they are, in fact, women. Talk about age shaming... she's so ashamed of being a 55 year old woman she insists upon referring to herself as a girl. 

I'm not really offended. No. I'm offended that Carole's narrative is being offended... and shamed...

Lu does it as well, as does Sonja and Ramona.  Then there's SkinnyGirl.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, ryebread said:

Lu's problems seem mostly behind her now.  Bethenny is still a red hot mess. Grieving, raising a child, the custody drama which is going to take a new turn in March, ( are they still filming in March?) And she herself says that she has too many plates in the air. Bethenny can afford to walk away, monetary-wise. Now if her ego can stand being away from a camera, that's a whole nother story.

Andy likes Lu, and probably wouldn't want to take the paycheck away from her when he knows that she probably needs it.  We'll see!

Lu's problems aren't behind her at all. Part of her plea deal was probation for a year, attend 2 AA meetings a week, 50 hours of community service, not possess or consume alcohol or illegal drugs. Along with not knowing if her latest short stint in rehab has worked (and from what I read it takes a lot of people more than two tries), that is a lot to have going on to have cameras following you on top of that. 

We have no idea if the blind even refers to NY, but I doubt very much it is Beth since she has already been announced as returning. And other than losing Dennis (which is sad but not messy) her life is the same as always. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Geez, KFB, that gif and the pic of the scissor sisters that @film noire posted the other day remind me not to peruse this forum while I'm having lunch. ;-p

Happy Camper, I think that blind could be about either Beth or Luann. My money's on Beth.  Luann needs the money and in my opinion, her life is less of a mess than Bethany's is.

Okay I changed it to the Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF of Larry David gagging. Better?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Lu does it as well, as does Sonja and Ramona.  

I'm not offended (I mentioned I was not really offended) - I was being a smart arse because (IMO) Carole's thing is to be offended by things, while she does offensive things... Such as being offended by "Skinny Girl" while using the term "Girl" all the time (which in fact, does offend some women - not me, I could care less, I don't use the term myself as I'm proud to be a woman... I might say "ladies" or "gals", but ultimately - to each his or her own). Much more crazy stuff in this world to be offended by ;) 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I think that preparing for a custody trial would take precedent over anything else in life. If Bethenny is serious about obtaining full custody, she needs to ensure that she is not putting anything out there that may jeopardize her case. I'm sure that her legal team has warned her about this.

Anything on instagram, twitter, the Real Housewives show, could be used against her. Information about Dennis' involvement with Bryn, any exposure of Bryn via instagram, any drunken shenanigans...she would do well to minimize any of that as much as possible.

If being in the public eye is more important to her than minding her family matters, than she will just have to deal with that risk. Good luck to her.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Jel said:

It also said "legendary housewife", so that rules out Dorit.

Maybe it's Vicki Gunvalson from OC.  

(Well, okay, it's probably not but I sometimes enjoy wishful thinking.) 

I'm not sure LuAnn would be considered "legendary" since she was already demoted once to "friend of" back in season 5, I think, and her personal life, while at times sordid, just doesn't appear IMO to be salacious enough to merit "legendary" status.  

I would think "legendary" might indicate someone who has been on for their entire run of their franchise . 

Or maybe it's a housewife whose shenanigans are legendary (but Brandi Glanville is the only one who I think fits that description, and she hasn't been a housewife in a while).

I haven't watched BH this season...Is Kim a full-time cast member on that one again?  Goddess knows her life always seems to be a hot mess.  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Along with no knowing if her latest short stint in rehab has worked (and from what I read it takes a lot of people more than two tries), that is a lot to have going on to have cameras following you on top of that. 

We have no idea if the blind even refers to NY, but I doubt very much it is Beth since she has already been announced as returning. 

Andy seemed thrilled with how well Luann looked and said she was doing on WWHL. To be honest, I would rather watch Lu deal with whatever personal stuff she's got going on then watch Bethenny's at this point. Hers just seem way heavier to me. Also, where did you see Beth announced she was coming back? I can't find any confirmation other than Radar Online's source. 

4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Okay I changed it to the Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF of Larry David gagging. Better?

LOL. The Bushwacker made me nervous.

But y'all are absolutely correct. The blind may not even be about a RHONY!  I don't watch any of the other franchises so whaddaIknow?  

• Love 1
Just now, Persnickety1 said:

Maybe it's Vicki Gunvalson from OC.  

(Well, okay, it's probably not but I sometimes enjoy wishful thinking.) 

I'm not sure LuAnn would be considered "legendary" since she was already demoted once to "friend of" back in season 5, I think, and her personal life, while at times sordid, just doesn't appear IMO to be salacious enough to merit "legendary" status.  

I would think "legendary" might indicate someone who has been on for their entire run of their franchise . 

Or maybe it's a housewife whose shenanigans are legendary (but Brandi Glanville is the only one who I think fits that description, and she hasn't been a housewife in a while).

I haven't watched BH this season...Is Kim a full-time cast member on that one again?  Goddess knows her life always seems to be a hot mess.  

HWs, to me, who have attained "legendary" status:  Bethenny, LVP, Nene, Vicki.  It's also possible we're putting too much weight on word choice -- this word was used in the same piece where "their" was substituted for "her"*; it could be a big clue, or just the first word next to "famous" in the writer's thesaurus. 

* kids today with their MTV and interwebs

• Love 2

I finally struggle-watched the last part of the reunion. Good lord on whole wheat toast points. I've often thought, "These 'ladies' can't possible be more childish, can they?" And they, collectively, say, "Hold my (insert alcoholic beverage of choice)."

I'm not a Tinsley fan, but I really think the lowest thing Carole has ever done is that litany of, "No, no, we're sort of friends - I like her, y'know -- she's a sweet girl, but we're not close." That was cruel. That out-Bethenny-ed Bethenny at her most cruel in its callous, offhanded level of "who cares about you anyway?"

This was a horrible way to end the season. It left a foul taste in my mouth.

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Beth's is certainly sadder, but hardly what I would call messy which is think is the operative word.

Between the custody fight and the fallout from Dennis, I'd say her personal life is a mess.

Then again, I kind of hope it is her. I've grown exceedingly weary of the Bethenny Show featuring the Real Housewives of New York.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I think she works in loss prevention at Target now.

• Love 20
46 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Totally!

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Jel said:

HWs, to me, who have attained "legendary" status:  Bethenny, LVP, Nene, Vicki.  It's also possible we're putting too much weight on word choice -- this word was used in the same piece where "their" was substituted for "her"*; it could be a big clue, or just the first word next to "famous" in the writer's thesaurus. 

* kids today with their MTV and interwebs

You're right, those women are also legendary. 

I hadn't thought of LVP since her personal life has never been messy.   

I haven't watched Atlanta in ages so I'm not sure what NeNe has going on these days.

With the beauty that is Hulu, I really should catch up on some other franchises now that the NY season is officially over.   

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ryebread said:

Blowies.

Arggh. What bothers/annoys me so much is how childish and unsexual it sounds --like you're blowing on soap bubbles to amuse a baby at bathtime (what else you got up your sexual sleeve? Cunnywingy? Groupy whoopie?)

5 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

This wouldn't surprise me either. I've seen the same in my group of friends. Both male and female.

And then Radziwill could come back, and we'd FINALLY get a lesbian housewife on this show! :)

~"lesbians love the lippy whippy" radzi on rhony, 2020, talking...head ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9