Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Carole is a pathetic person whose most interesting EVERYTHING is associated with another more interesting person.

This is it in a nutshell. 

4 hours ago, rehoboth said:

In the end Carole ended her Howife marathon the same way she began - as too cool for school.  Too cool to stick up for a friend (acquaintance?) sitting right next to her and too cool to exit gracefully.  Instead she gets together with another perceived Cool Kid and posts a video making fun of someone else's livelihood.  Truly head scratching.  As Carole is known for taking on the personalities of her current besties, that doesn't say much for Cassandra Grey.  If this is girl-power and empowering women, I don't want any part of it.

The combination of her treatment of Tinsley at this reunion and that awful Instagram mean girl story has really done me in. I can't believe I spent years defending Carole. I feel like an idiot. 

3 hours ago, Sharonana said:

God forbid if Carole would have shoved her phone in Bethenny's face and yelled booyah bitch and called her a moron. So it's okay for Bethenny to do that???  Ironical! :P

She called her a schmoron. Totally different! Personally, I don't think it's okay for either of them to do it because they are grown women and it's ridiculous.

2 hours ago, sadie said:

Where to begin.

Sonja v Dorinda. The whole “death v divorce” thing is just stupid. My husband committed suicide at age 40.it is an experience I know most people who haven’t gone thru it can understand. I don’t try to compare my pain to others for some kind of metal in the Grief Olympics. To Sonja her divorce was painful, it’s her reality. I would never try to tell her that her pain doesn’t count because mine was worse. IF YOU HAVENT LIVED IT YOU CANT GET IT. All this tells me is Dorinda and Carole have no emotional intelligence to grasp this concept. 

I'm so sorry about your husband. This is a NARRATIVE that I really despised this year. Grief Olympics is the perfect name for it and it's really gross. I agree with you regarding a lack of emotional intelligence being at play there.

Overall, I'm glad to see this season end. This is one of only 2 of these shows I now watch and it's always been my favorite because the women fight like lunatics and let it go immediately after and have a laugh. Not so much this season. Additionally, Carole's blogs and her Twitter and her Instagram posts have really put a pin in my RHONY love balloon. I don't watch the show for this shit.

I also can't tolerate the sight of Adam and certainly not in his underwear. I think he did a real number on Carole and I hate him for it. 

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 21
1 minute ago, Juliegirlj said:

I hope someone familiar with NYC can sleuth out Sonja’s new apartment ( Columbus Circle area with terrace and Central Park views)! 

Honestly, I was puzzled when she said that.  There are lots of good buildings some blocks away from Columbus, but not right on top of it.  Nice area, but kinda busy, and def not as peaceful & quiet as where the townhouse is.  I'd much prefer it over there.  But it is near the park, which is nice for dog walking.  Er, but does Sonja even do that?  I thought she lets her dogs shit everywhere near her.  Gross.

Just a guess, but maybe she wants to be closer to Beautique, for easier access to those barely legal rent boys?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, sadie said:

Sonja v Dorinda. The whole “death v divorce” thing is just stupid. My husband committed suicide at age 40.it is an experience I know most people who haven’t gone thru it can understand. I don’t try to compare my pain to others for some kind of metal in the Grief Olympics. To Sonja her divorce was painful, it’s her reality. I would never try to tell her that her pain doesn’t count because mine was worse. IF YOU HAVENT LIVED IT YOU CANT GET IT. All this tells me is Dorinda and Carole have no emotional intelligence to grasp this concept. 

First, I'm very sorry about your husband -- I'm sure it was devastating for you.  

I've had paper cuts; I've never broken my finger.  However, I believe that breaking a finger hurts more than a paper cut.  So, I disagree (respectfully) that if you haven't lived through something personally, you can't understand it.  To suggest otherwise suggests that no person is really capable of empathy.

I also think it doesn't help Sonja's case when she was commenting in this third reunion installment about the divorce as something that seemed to have happened TO them -- others insisted they get divorced, I believe is how she was describing it -- as if she and her husband had no part in it.  It almost seemed like she was trying to characterize the divorce as this horrible event that came out of the blue and blindsided them both (like a death might).      

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Honestly, I was puzzled when she said that.  There are lots of good buildings some blocks away from Columbus, but not right on top of it.  Nice area, but kinda busy, and def not as peaceful & quiet as where the townhouse is.  I'd much prefer it over there.  But it is near the park, which is nice for dog walking.  Er, but does Sonja even do that?  I thought she lets her dogs shit everywhere near her.  Gross.

Just a guess, but maybe she wants to be closer to Beautique, for easier access to those barely legal rent boys?

I was surprised when she said Columbus circle. I wouldn't want to live in that area at all.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Didn't Beautique close last year?  I guess maybe it lost its cache once it was featured on the RHNY.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, film noire said:

It really was. And the season itself was so bitter. The women usually land a few moments of joy or unexpected cameraderie, but they were at war - big and petty and all points in between -- all season.

And after this three part reunion (which by tonight felt like Star Wars Lethal Pirates of The Weapon Part 22: End of Days) I feel like the RHoNY cast are not living up to their end of the bargain  --  jesus, people, we've devoted more time to Richard's goddamn resume than his OWN WIDOW. More time to Sawnja peeing on the jitney than the people she PEES BESIDE. More time gaming out the schematics of the breakdown between Franki and Radzi at the Clare de Lunatic diner (I came perilously close to posting a flowchart at one point -- just me?) and they just mumble-yell and shout "BooYah!" and "Hippocampus!" and....we're fucking DONE now?

Five long months of debate and blog quotes and links and multi-paragraph arguments and Noted captions and mod notices and KFB posting bunnies in every possible permutation known to humankind and Canadian/overseas viewers playing catch-up and more YMMV than seen at the Indie 500 -- all that, and THIS is what we get? No fucking way. We work too hard on these boards to be treated like we're the morning "coffee" run (and  where's our fucking reunion? I have dozens of viewer questions! "It's been a busy season for the Posters Of New York City, and as always, the PoNY crew never fail to intrigue and entertain. First question of the night: viewers want to know, @ShawnaLanne and @Rosiejuliemom, if your declared truce in the reunion thread tonight was just for the cameras,.....or are you truly at peace?") 

My final season 10 wish:  if there's somebody lurking, just waiting to jump into the posting pool -- please consider the user name "Jovani" :)

Farewell, season 10:

Carole: "In the marathon of life, theme parties are everything."

Dorinda: "I have a big bar cart, but little patience."

Ramona: ""Age is an issue of mind over matter: If you're wonky-eyed blind, it doesn't matter!"

Tinsley: "Come on, why defrost my eggs à la Française when I can order Coupon Cabin?"

Sonja: "I pee in a diaper on the bus."

Bethenny: "It's great to be unstressful, more than to B HeadStrong"

Luann: "The most interesting people make the best cabaret headliners."

—Orsen Welles thingy applauding at the end—

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Her big career move at the moment seems to be lots of tweets about what she’s put up for sale on the Poshmark site, whatever that is. 

Poshmark is a app where you can buy/sell gently used designer clothes/bags/shoes etc. I was confused by that too though - is she broke or is the money going to a Cat Charity?

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I do not love Carole as a HW. She's definitely got her issues but Bethenny a shrieking, mean, dirty, lying shrew.  The boo yah thing wasn't even a point made. Carole was trying to say that Bethenny stated on the show that she tried THAT NIGHT of the speed date to set up Carole and RSG.  That was a lie. The text Bethenny boo yah'd was a text she sent DAYS LATER on that she could easily set up red scarf guy with Carole.  Bethenny just shrieked over Carole and boo yah'd until finally ANDY jumped in and said oh yah, I see what Carole is claiming is a lie.  This text wasn't until days later. Bethenny stated she texted that the night of the speed date. Carole is 100% spot on. 

Bethenny is a freaking liar and she cannot even stop shrieking in the face of her lie being exposed. She does not even see it! 

Carole was confused by B’s behavior early in the season, but I think she used her extra smart brain (heh-heh) to read up on people like B, and now understands this:

“Malignant narcissists and sociopaths use word salad, circular conversations, ad hominem arguments, projection and gaslighting to disorient you and get you off track should you ever disagree with them or challenge them in any way. They do this in order to discredit, confuse and frustrate you, distract you from the main problem and make you feel guilty for being a human being with actual thoughts and feelings that might differ from their own. In their eyes, you are the problem if you happen to exist.

Spend even ten minutes arguing with a toxic narcissist and you’ll find yourself wondering how the argument even began at all. You simply disagreed with them about their absurd claim that the sky is red and now your entire childhood, family, friends, career and lifestyle choices have come under attack. That is because your disagreement picked at their false belief that they are omnipotent and omniscient, resulting in a narcissistic injury.”

https://thoughtcatalog.com/shahida-arabi/2016/06/20-diversion-tactics-highly-manipulative-narcissists-sociopaths-and-psychopaths-use-to-silence-you/

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

How to you go away on vacation with someone and not consider them a close friend? That’s so weird to me. Do people vacation with casual acquaintances?

Seems like Scott was on at least some of the trips.

Scott and Carole have been friends for quite a while.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

That had to be planned right? Or props to production for finding that little gem and showing that so quickly.

I'm kind of surprised how low and how fast Carole has sunk. She is sure leaving this show horribly. And still not sure the reason behind the verbal cage fight? Bethany called Adam and didn't run it thru the Princess first? 

I'm not a hugger because I have a ginormous hippo thing . . . embarrassing.

I am sure bethenny gave it to them!

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Carole was confused by B’s behavior early in the season, but I think she used her extra smart brain (heh-heh) to read up on people like B, and now understands this:

“Malignant narcissists and sociopaths use word salad, circular conversations, ad hominem arguments, projection and gaslighting to disorient you and get you off track should you ever disagree with them or challenge them in any way. They do this in order to discredit, confuse and frustrate you, distract you from the main problem and make you feel guilty for being a human being with actual thoughts and feelings that might differ from their own. In their eyes, you are the problem if you happen to exist.

Spend even ten minutes arguing with a toxic narcissist and you’ll find yourself wondering how the argument even began at all. You simply disagreed with them about their absurd claim that the sky is red and now your entire childhood, family, friends, career and lifestyle choices have come under attack. That is because your disagreement picked at their false belief that they are omnipotent and omniscient, resulting in a narcissistic injury.”

https://thoughtcatalog.com/shahida-arabi/2016/06/20-diversion-tactics-highly-manipulative-narcissists-sociopaths-and-psychopaths-use-to-silence-you/

Agree 1000%. I'm not crazy about Carole as a HW but I love her Moxie in going after Beth in this. Someone had to. I love her for it she has great boundaries most times.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, RosieRose221 said:

I am sure bethenny gave it to them!

I'm sure there's someone at Bravo who monitors all the housewives social media for such things and for things that could impact the show. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

In case anyone was in doubt as to whether Andy was pissed at Carole still, watch the aftershow from WWHL last night.   He takes a jab at her brain nonsense.   

Carole loves her famous friends.   The twitter nonsense and the nasty instagram aren’t exactly the actions of a serious journalist.  There is so much news right now for her to focus on, but instead she’s chosen to spend her time bashing an ex friend on social media.  We get it.  You hate Bethenny.  Tinsley isn’t really a close friend.  Your bff’s are Lindsay Lohan’s ex, Brad Grey’s widow, Beth Stern, and Rose Huntington-Whitely.  You’re so above everyone this show.  You always have been.  

Right up until one of them says something about Carole that she doesn't like -- then it'll be "we were never close".

• Love 20
27 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Seems like Scott was on at least some of the trips.

Scott and Carole have been friends for quite a while.

And so what? They still all vacationed together, went on dates together, are on a show together, shot commercials together, Carole set up Tinsley with her good friend Scott, does she go around setting people she doesn’t really know on dates with her good friends? Was that a kind thing Carole said at the reunion to Tinsley? Yes, we did all those things but I don’t consider her a good friend? What was the point of that? She hates Bethenny that much I guess, that she’d cut a friend to hurt her enemy. Not very admirable or defensible, in my opinion. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 24
9 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

And so what? They still all vacationed together, went on dates together, are on a show together, shot commercials together, Carole set up Tinsley with her good friend Scott, does she go around setting people she doesn’t really know on dates with her good friends? Was that a kind thing Carole said at the reunion to Tinsley? Yes, we did all those things but I don’t consider her a good friend? What was the point of that? She hates Bethenny that much I guess, that she’d cut a friend to hurt her enemy. Not very admirable or defensible, in my opinion. 

She said that they weren't best friends. Not that they weren't friends.

I've already said that Carole was harsh. She was.

It is entirely possible to do all those things with someone and still not consider them a good friend, especially if you haven't known the other person all that long. Carole has known Tinsley what, 2 years at the most?

• Love 10
11 hours ago, nokat said:

I think someone had mentioned her eyelashes doing weird things to her eyes in part 1 or 2.

You beat me to it Nokat. It was Ramona's big ole eyelashes that made her eyes do that.

Bye Felicia!

Prediction for next season- Beth befriends Tinsley. JMO.

• Love 3
Just now, VedaPierce said:

I guess, I just think that was a weird point for her to make. Taking that stance didn’t make her look good. She’s sitting there quibbling about Tinsley and how much or little Tinsley means to her. How much or little she values her. Right in front of her. Ew. 

It did come off badly, I agree.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, film noire said:

Farewell, season 10:

Carole: "In the marathon of life, theme parties are everything."

Dorinda: "I have a big bar cart, but little patience."

Ramona: ""Age is an issue of mind over matter: If you're wonky-eyed blind, it doesn't matter!"

Tinsley: "Come on, why defrost my eggs à la Française when I can order Coupon Cabin?"

Sonja: "I pee in a diaper on the bus."

Bethenny: "It's great to be unstressful, more than to B HeadStrong"

Luann: "The most interesting people make the best cabaret headliners."

OMG! Love This!

• Love 7
14 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

giphy.gif

If Bethenny is so accomplished and so influential, she shouldn't need the exposure, right? Besides, where DOES she even find the time? Her products are terrible. Sonja's clappy hands over the SG jeans was so childish. 

If that were true why does any accomplished brand advertise at all?  It's pretty shrewd in my opinion.  Get paid to have free advertising.  Anyone with a product would be stupid to not take that deal.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Ramona has always had wonky eyes.  Remember that fashion show she walked in years ago?  They actually seemed less pronounced in recent years.  Until tonight.

I thought the eyes were bad last season, remember this?

giphy.gif

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MMLEsq said:

First, I'm very sorry about your husband -- I'm sure it was devastating for you.  

I've had paper cuts; I've never broken my finger.  However, I believe that breaking a finger hurts more than a paper cut.  So, I disagree (respectfully) that if you haven't lived through something personally, you can't understand it.  To suggest otherwise suggests that no person is really capable of empathy.

I also think it doesn't help Sonja's case when she was commenting in this third reunion installment about the divorce as something that seemed to have happened TO them -- others insisted they get divorced, I believe is how she was describing it -- as if she and her husband had no part in it.  It almost seemed like she was trying to characterize the divorce as this horrible event that came out of the blue and blindsided them both (like a death might).      

You are totally correct MMLESQ.My poorly made point was that I understand not everyone can EXACTLY understand but that the worst pain theyve suffered in their lives, is the worst for them up to that point. For me to beat them over the head with how much worse or real my grief is insensitive and a futile task. I get Sonya’s an idiot for not recognizing the subtleties here, more my issue is with the two widows who want their pain to be the only IMPORTANT pain. I’ve never lost a child, I would never tell my MIL that losing a husband is worse than a child because it would be both rude and unnecessary.

i love these boards. We all bring such great insights to these shows and for me, makes watching 1,000more enjoyable.

• Love 22
14 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

I've not watched more than one episode this season.  I think I saw part of the episode where someone had a celebration lunch or dinner for Carole, for her completing the marathon.  Carole bitched about the celebration, because it wasn't enough about her and there wasn't enough in the food or décor to say 'marathon'.    My thoughts were - be thankful someone had an event to celebrate your completing the marathon.  Lots of folks run in marathons, and not everyone has a celebration in their honor.  She came across as juvenile and petty.  

I saw the reunion by chance.  No intention of watching it.  I'd read or seen that Carole and Bethenny were fighting, like the RHNY version of the Hatfields and the McCoys.  

Carole came across very badly.  Yeah, Bethenny's a bitch, always been, probably always will be.  Sharp tongued, doesn't hold back one bit.  But Carole, you liked that when she most probably fought battles for you.  You overlooked that as long as you could have her as an ally.  

The whole saying that Tinsley wasn't a good friend really hurt Tinsley.  People have the video online.  I watched it several times.  Tinsley put her head down, looked like she was fighting back tears.  She really thought they were friends.  Turns out, Carole was just using her as an ally for the show.  

Then the comment about Bethenny crying made her feel frightened or it was menacing.  Da fuq?  How does another person crying translate to being menacing?  

Didn't Carole kind of throw Heather under the bus so she could be BFF's with Bethenny?  I thought Carole and Heather were real friends, but seems like Carole was using her too.  

I'd rather have the upfront bitch than the stealth bitch any day. 

I think that is Carole's MO.  She always seems to be friends with those that can offer her something.  Filming buddy/travel buddy with B, Coupon Cabin Commercials and next travel buddy Tins, now Cassandra who has more money than the other two is her bestie.  One could even look at how people found out who she was by getting close to Bessette and her husband.  Sure made her known far more than her husband, who seemed pretty low key, would have.  Not that Anthony was a nobody, but he wasn't in the spotlight like her best friend evah that was lost in a plane crash.  

• Love 16

I have to watch this installment again later today.

I was only half watching earlier, but I did giggle during one of the clips where the ladies were gathered together and (as usual) started their bickering.

And outside of camera range I hear LuAnn say (paraphrased), "They behaved better than this in JAIL."  

I felt badly for Ramona and her eye situation.  I noticed it was even blinking more slowly than her other eye.  I hope it's just some ill-timed cosmetic procedure and self-corrected soon after filming.  I don't think she was as concerned about the cameras capturing that bruise on her face as she was about that skeevy eye.  I think she probably thought her angle on the couch and the way her hair was falling would cover it, but Bravo, with their usual subtlety of a sledgehammer, made sure to give the viewers a long hard gander at the situation.  

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Yeah, except they can't really get mad at her because they'll be booted off the show.

Ramona telling B she didn't see herself clearly was gold, and the TRUEST EFFING STATEMENT that has ever been made on this show. Bethenny literally would not allow Carole to speak one sentence. And yet, Bethenny inserts herself into every segment and situation, from Lu and Dorinda to Tins and Sonja to Sonja and Dorinda. She just never shuts that gaping maw of nastiness. And why wouldn't she? It's not like Andy shuts her down or stops her from commandeering every conversation even when it has jack-all to do with her. 

It's mind-boggling. Her talk show failed spectacularly. Why is Andy allowing her to basically have another one, three weeks a year?

It's time to make my concerns more direct:

Dear Satan Andy,

I know your head is buried far up her tiny, constipated rear end, but if Bethenny is to keep being the main player of the NY franchise, I have to ask that you give her the same treatment you give OGs like LVP, Vicki, and Tre, and let her fight her own battles and be treated like any other cast member - especially at reunions. Otherwise, I kindly ask that you make her an executive producer. It's been quite clear for three years now that she's being treated as a level above all the other ho-wives.

For pete's sake, Ramona actually did star in all 10 seasons, and she doesn't get a fraction of the deference you give B.

The double standard has permeated every aspect of the show, and led to disingenuous alliances and willful ignorance so obvious that I can't even buy into it at the low standard of "reality TV fake" anymore. I'm watching 5 women try to stay on someone's good side and deflect her venom so they can remain on TV and keep a paycheck. That would be fine if it wasn't obvious each week and in the reunions, but it is. I want to at least be given the option to suspend disbelief. If you fail on that front, your show has failed in this realm. Please go find a way to create a plausible, believable piece of reality TV crap, or find another show where B can read off her B-level resume and be edited to sound comparable to someone who has Emmys and Peabodys. It's insulting to my intelligence.

Sincerely,

A Day-One Viewer Who Used to Love Bethenny But Has Had ENOUGH

This is brilliant. Thank you for taking the time to write it. 

May I also sign your letter/petition?

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

The camera paused for a number of seconds on Ramona’s face at one point, seriously what is going on with her eyes?

45E5D280-69E9-4E64-AD8C-50D147F2ACB8.jpeg

Back in the day we would hit the back of the tv if it got stuck like that.  Can someone there do the same to Ramona.  Looks like she got stuck.

• Love 14

Gah, another Carole thing!  When Andy mentioned her comments about B in her blogs, Carole dismissed that with a "that six people read".

But, on the topic of why she wrote that stuff about B in the first place, it was to "set the record straight" because the truth must get out.

No one reads them when it suits her argument, and everyone reads them when it suits her argument.

• Love 21

So many what if’s.

I want the Sliding Doors/If/It’s a Wonderful Life/Roads of Destiny version. 

What if Bernadette had not had a diabetic friend for whom she invented the sugar-free margarita.

What if Beth had won Martha Stewart’s Apprentice.

What if Jason 1.0 had not chewed off his leg and escaped. 

What if people actually had watched Beth’s talk show, so she didn’t have to return to Bravo.

Is there a chance Beth would not be the miserable, hateful, enabled, self-loathing narcissist she is today?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Hey Beth - being a gopher for some rich asshole isn't exactly rocket science. As much as a can't stand Carole and Carole plus adam makes me gag, Beth is just do horrible that it makes me side with Carole. Even at the end, Beth can't regret and take ownership of the things she did to implode her friendship with Carole and even when Carole was saying that she regretted not making up with Beth, it's never fucking enough for Beth. She has to be shitty to the end. 

its not rocket science, but some damn fine organizational skills and people skills are required.  one mess up and you're gone.  Try it before for you knock.   

• Love 19