Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Look at Andy’s shit-eating grin as he watches his employees go at it. I hope karma gets his ass, but GOOD! And I can sit and watch and have that grin on my face. 

He really does find some weird creepy pleasure in all the rage and insults - especially if he helps to incite it.

• Love 23
5 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I'm truly good. I just lost my second grandparent within a week's time.

So sorry to hear that RosieJulieMom, that's a huge loss in a short time. Good thoughts to your and yours.

I dont' have the energy to feud

Oh, I know you guys are good (you were all "truce" and good energy  -- basically, behaving the way no housewife at a reunion ever sincerely did:)

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

He’s a sadist. Vile. And empty. 

That’s probably why he makes sure there’s at least one similarly vile creature on each show - he recognizes the type and knows they’ll cause chaos, confusion and money-making DRAMA!

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Andy should be better at controlling these women by now - how many seasons has he been doing this for?  It’s pretty obvious that he’s Betheny’s Bitch but as much as I dislike Betheny, Carole did herself no favors tonight. I don’t think she was fired; I think she was just done so she didn’t care how she came off.

That's the conclusion that I came to also.  I couldn't believe how much of an asshole she was.  The whole time she was rolling her eyes, muttering or talking over someone.  Poor Tinsley.  I felt so sad for her.  She was blindsided.  Carol is an ugly person inside and out.  I used to like Carol and then she became Bethenny's side-kick mean girl.  I thought that Carol was trying to impress Bethenny by following her lead.  Now I know that's exactly who she is.  I honestly can't understand how someone like her can have friends.   

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

This is brilliant. Thank you for taking the time to write it. 

May I also sign your letter/petition?

I'm taking signatures all week long! I wish we could get some buttons! "BGone"?

Or maybe, like Alex McCord of old, we should make some T-shirts. :p

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Look at Andy’s shit-eating grin as he watches his employees go at it. I hope karma gets his ass, but GOOD! And I can sit and watch and have that grin on my face. 

I always think of the RHOA reunion where Kandi(and everyone) learns that Phaedra was responsible for the rumors that Kandi was a would-be rapist. Kandi leaves the stage, reeling in shock and anger and betrayal and Andy slithers in for more reaction shots. Kandi tries to look at him like a human being, like he could take a moment to understand that she was being slandered in such a disgusting way, but Andy was beaming, gleeful, just marinating in the drama.

Andy doesn’t think of any of these women as real people with real feelings and real lives that he doesn't simply want to capitalize on while wearing that blank, open-mouthed grin. 

• Love 24
56 minutes ago, coops said:

She didn't waste much time...

OMG, that is the funniest thing I have seen on this board, ever!! Thank you so much for posting! 

I don't belong to Instagram, but may have to join just for this alone. 

Edited to change Twitter to Instagram, because I was too busy laughing to read the source. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

OMG, that is the funniest thing I have seen on this board, ever!! Thank you so much for posting! 

I don't belong to Twitter, but may have to join just for this alone. 

This is from her Instagram ;) 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I don't belong to Twitter, but may have to join just for this alone. 

Haha, yep it's hilarious! It was posted on her instagram, not twitter, I don't belong to twitter either. She posted it on facebook too.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Forgive me if someone has already addressed this but I think what Carole was trying to do was to combat the implication that BECAUSE she and Tins were BFF, she didn't have time to be a friend to B anymore. I think her message came across very poorly but she was trying to that her friendship with Tins wasn't so all consuming that she was unable to be a friend to anyone else. 

I think Carole's goal is to convince the audience that Bethenny is a liar and a bad person, and that and Carole is a truth-teller and a good person. And part of this is combating the implication that because she and Tinsley were BFFs, she didn't have time to be a friend to Bethenny anymore. My problem is that she can't accept that it's not working.

To me, proving that the reason for the shift in friendship wasn't Tinsley does nothing to prove that Bethenny is a liar or a bad person. Maybe Bethenny just misinterpreted the situation -- that doesn't make her a liar. I actually don't think the issue of how close Tinsley and Carole were is black-and-white (Tinsley sure seems to have perceived it differently). I also don't think how much or little the T&C friendship had to do with Carole's shift with Bethenny is black-and-white. So, for me, Carole is arguing about a point that can't be proved one way or the other.

But let's just say, for argument's sake, that Bethenny exaggerated or misrepresented what she was seeing. Rejection hurts, and most normal people deal with it by telling stories that makes themselves feel better, sometimes stretching imagination. (That's exactly what Carole seems to be doing with her narrative about Adam.) Doing that doesn't make anyone a liar or a bad person -- it just reflects that humans do weird shit to protect the psyche from pain.

For me, the really dumb part of this is that Carole imagines that this is a good and evil story that hinges on who is responsible for the shift in her friendship with Bethenny. I don't think that's what matters. What matters is how each person has handled the shift in friendship. Both have behaved poorly, and Carole looks especially bad because she won't stop beating dead horses that expose her hubris and hypocrisy.

Also, Carole is not only humiliating Tinsley, she's making herself look like a total asshole in the process. And people are telling her, but she won't stop. That seems pathological.

• Love 23
54 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I know this is a little off topic (sorry mods), but is there a Secrets Revealed episode next week?

"No we're not going to fucking do Stonehenge!"

(Please be a Spinal Tap fan so you get that joke!)

Edited by Jel
  • Love 19
14 minutes ago, coops said:

Haha, yep it's hilarious! It was posted on her instagram, not twitter, I don't belong to twitter either. She posted it on facebook too.

Ah, I am not on Instagram either, but am on FB. Will have to check out her page. : ) 

I was so busy laughing that I didn't see that it actually said "View More on Instagram". Lol. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, film noire said:

It really was. And the season itself was so bitter. The women usually land a few moments of joy or unexpected cameraderie, but they were at war - big and petty and all points in between -- all season.

And after this three part reunion (which by tonight felt like Star Wars Lethal Pirates of The Weapon Part 22: End of Days) I feel like the RHoNY cast are not living up to their end of the bargain  --  jesus, people, we've devoted more time to Richard's goddamn resume than his OWN WIDOW. More time to Sawnja peeing on the jitney than the people she PEES BESIDE. More time gaming out the schematics of the breakdown between Franki and Radzi at the Clare de Lunatic diner (I came perilously close to posting a flowchart at one point -- just me?) and they just mumble-yell and shout "BooYah!" and "Hippocampus!" and....we're fucking DONE now?

Five long months of debate and blog quotes and links and multi-paragraph arguments and Noted captions and mod notices and KFB posting bunnies in every possible adorable permutation known to humankind and Canadian/overseas viewers playing catch-up and more YMMV than seen at the Indie 500 -- all that, and THIS is what we get? No fucking way. We work too hard on these boards to be treated like we're the morning "coffee" run (and  where's our fucking reunion? I have dozens of viewer questions! "It's been a busy season for the Posters Of New York City, and as always, the PoNY crew never fail to intrigue and entertain. First question of the night: viewers want to know, @ShawnaLanne and @Rosiejuliemom, if your declared truce in the reunion thread tonight was just for the cameras,.....or are you truly at peace?" :) 

My final season 10 wish:  if there's somebody lurking, just waiting to jump into the posting pool -- please consider the user name "Jovani" :)

Farewell, season 10:

Carole: "In the marathon of life, theme parties are everything."

Dorinda: "I have a big bar cart, but little patience."

Ramona: ""Age is an issue of mind over matter: If you're wonky-eyed blind, it doesn't matter!"

Tinsley: "Come on, why defrost my eggs à la Française when I can order Coupon Cabin?"

Sonja: "I pee in a diaper on the bus."

Bethenny: "It's great to be unstressful, more than to B HeadStrong"

Luann: "The most interesting people make the best cabaret headliners."

Bravo, Film Noire, Bravo (and not the network). 

I also feel like I didn't get my money's worth this season. Like many here, I've invested in RH New York. What have I been doing for ten years? Knitting ?

They can't quit me before I quit them.

They used to complete me.

It's not me, its them.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Bravo, Film Noire, Bravo (and not the network). 

I also feel like I didn't get my money's worth this season. Like many here, I've invested in RH New York. What have I been doing for ten years? Knitting ?

They can't quit me before I quit them.

They used to complete me.

It's not me, its them.

Oy, I've been knitting *and* investing in them for ten years.

Tis not you, @Bossa Nova, tis definitely them.

I admit I'm looking forward to next season with no Bethenny and Carole fucknuttery afoot.  

I'm up some Countess or Ramona fucknuttery, though.  Bring on season 11!!!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Carole and her bragging............there is a larger hippocampus size in women with anorexia .  Carole is an idiot.

And she offers up her XL hippocampus as a scientific explanation for why she gets so uncomfortable and is unable to comfort people who are emotional, and then proceeds to show herself not getting uncomfortable and able to offer comfort to someone who is emotional. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Jel said:

And she offers up her XL hippocampus as a scientific explanation for why she gets so uncomfortable and is unable to comfort people who are emotional, and then proceeds to show herself not getting uncomfortable and able to offer comfort to someone who is emotional. 

A super size McDonalds meal may help with that condition. :)

• Love 13
16 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Beth actually looks like she’s enjoying driving yet another person away

It was kinda sad, because it appears that this feeling surpasses everything else... Like and addict... The instant fix, nothing imports more than this fix ! And feck everything else at the moment. She had more in common with Dennis than it appears....

ETA : sometimes, it was like watching a toddler opening THE x-mas gift he was dreaming of :'(

Edited by Diane Mars
mixing French and English is not good, lol
  • Love 15
17 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Right now Carole is on twitter saying neither Tinsley nor Bethenny are friends.  She has declared Duff a true friend and Beth Stern.  And she says that we should all follow them.  I guess because their her friends.

She’s pathetic. She’s really fallen in my eyes. I used to like her. 

• Love 11

My careers  bigger than yours. You don't have a career. Booyah bitch. Wtf. How old are these women. Bethenny  and Carol are both insufferable. But I think being a journalist and writer of 2 books trumps hawking liquor and other products marketed under the name Skinny Girl. It's not empowering women by reinforcing the idea that we all need to be skinny. 

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Carole HAD a career.  She does not HAVE a career.  She does nothing but hang around waiting for coffee.

And at that she doesn't even get perked coffee that at least takes some time and has some depth. Nope, just the insta slam-bam-thank-you-ma'am version. But as the saying goes, if you don't have any respect for yourself, don't expect anyone else to have respect for you. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Ughhhhhhhhhhh I hate him!  He is scared of Bethenny.  I totally believe it.

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Carole HAD a career.  She does not HAVE a career....

Should have Carole answered something like : "Yes. It was 17 years ago. And you, Bethenny ? What had you accomplished until 2001 ?" She missed a great point here.

#context #sometimesAgeMatters

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Diane Mars said:

Should have Carole answere something like : "Yes. It was 17 years ago. And you, Bethenny ? What had you accomplished until 2001 ?" She missed a great point here.

True - although at some point in that recitation of B’s resume she did start back at the beginning when she was a PA and Hilton child wrangler.  So I have a feeling 17 years ago would have been fine with Bethenny.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Ughhhhhhhhhhh I hate him!  He is scared of Bethenny.  I totally believe it.

She has dirt on him. I'm absolutely convinced.

Not just titillating, gossipy dirt, either. She knows something that could potentially damage his career beyond repair. Probably has receipts to back it up, too.

He knows she has it and is trying to soothe the beast to keep his secrets. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

If this is about Carole.....I'm going on record as stating that I was first when Carole told Adam that she doesn't drink coffee anymore, that she likes tea.....she was coming out.  If not, then I'll go on record as maybe being wrong. lol

HAHAHA! yep she was "#teamcoffee" and now she is "#teamtea" lol 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

I've not watched more than one episode this season.  I think I saw part of the episode where someone had a celebration lunch or dinner for Carole, for her completing the marathon.  Carole bitched about the celebration, because it wasn't enough about her and there wasn't enough in the food or décor to say 'marathon'.    My thoughts were - be thankful someone had an event to celebrate your completing the marathon.  Lots of folks run in marathons, and not everyone has a celebration in their honor.  She came across as juvenile and petty.  

I saw the reunion by chance.  No intention of watching it.  I'd read or seen that Carole and Bethenny were fighting, like the RHNY version of the Hatfields and the McCoys.  

Carole came across very badly.  Yeah, Bethenny's a bitch, always been, probably always will be.  Sharp tongued, doesn't hold back one bit.  But Carole, you liked that when she most probably fought battles for you.  You overlooked that as long as you could have her as an ally.  

The whole saying that Tinsley wasn't a good friend really hurt Tinsley.  People have the video online.  I watched it several times.  Tinsley put her head down, looked like she was fighting back tears.  She really thought they were friends.  Turns out, Carole was just using her as an ally for the show.  

Then the comment about Bethenny crying made her feel frightened or it was menacing.  Da fuq?  How does another person crying translate to being menacing?  

Didn't Carole kind of throw Heather under the bus so she could be BFF's with Bethenny?  I thought Carole and Heather were real friends, but seems like Carole was using her too.  

I'd rather have the upfront bitch than the stealth bitch any day. 

9 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Not to mention Tinsley, who has spent more time crying over her breakups with Scott that actually being with Scott. 

I think Carole really though is unable to comfort, because all of her emotional energy goes to obsessing over whomever/whatever. At one point it was Aviva. Then it was Luann. Now it is Bethenny. Carole has such toxic energy, it can't be healthy for her. I hope she gets professional help. She needs it more than any other Howife - past or present - that I have seen. 

Carole flubbed the lines of her script once more. During the Cartagena trip, she used the word "manipulative" to describe Bethenny crying

I think that is what she meant to say as opposed to feeling menace. Once she slipped up she couldn't back it up or articulate.

Carole SUX

• Love 18
19 hours ago, Mozelle said:

So I'm watching now, and Sonja's tale of "Oh, if it weren't for the meddlesome lawyers, I'd be married" is so ridiculous. No lawyer is going to put into a spouse's head that he needs to divorce his wife. Why does Sonja refuse to come to terms with her ex-husband making an active decision not to be married to her anymore? Clearly he didn't have a problem with marriage as an institution as he's remarried; he just didn't want to be married to her any longer.

So ridiculous.  He did not want to be married to her.  Does she actually BELIEVE her own lies?

And there was a time that Bethanny would have called her out on this bull shit story.  What happened?  

18 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Isn't is great that she can? Whatever works.

Not great for me.

18 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

She looks like Marty Feldman

HAHAHAHA!  OMG I am dying

18 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

“Narrative. Find another word.”

Tortured. Motley crew. Hobby. 

She really does beat a word to death!

4 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

A Day-One Viewer Who Used to Love Bethenny But Has Had ENOUGH

Bravo (no pun intended) to your whole post.  I am in your boat!

I was 100% Bethanny, especially when she was fighting with Jill.  I don't like her at all now. 

And I also used to like her skinnygirl margaritas, but I bought a bottle last summer and they changed the formula!  It is now disgusting.  How ARE her sales doing?

• Love 13
5 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

How to you go away on vacation with someone and not consider them a close friend? That’s so weird to me. Do people vacation with casual acquaintances?

Only when they go on a group tour of church ladies or such.

5 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Seems like Scott was on at least some of the trips.

Scott and Carole have been friends for quite a while.

Bet he paid for those trips too. We know Adam didn't. Wonder what Scott thinks about Carole now?

4 hours ago, Jel said:

Right up until one of them says something about Carole that she doesn't like -- then it'll be "we were never close".

Or she finds someone richer or more famous.

Ok, I was thinking about Ramona's wonky eye. I think I have it figured out.  It reminds me of when my contact lens dries out and I am trying to center it and moisten it without removing it.  Can't wear contacts to work anymore because it will happen every day.  I get leg cramps too.  Ro and me are close to the same age.  We are so alike!   LOL

• Love 5
2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

No, see, it does not work that way. When you say, repeatedly, that someone does not have a career, you should expect to get shit for it. Especially with a career as impressive as Carole's. The fact that Beth doubled down on it just shows how nasty she truly is, because the one thing we all know she isn't is stupid. And STUPID you'd have to be do say as many times as B did that Carole has no career.

So, due to Beth's clear and repeated allegations, Carole figured it was time to shut her up and list her accomplishments. Sadly, we never get to hear the half of it - especially the prestigious awards - because the Maw of Frankel had to interrupt with her own resume. Which, by the way, NO ONE ASKED FOR. Carole never did anything so mean-spirited, insecure, and disrespectful on TV as say that Bethenny didn't have a career. That was all B, and she should pay the piper for that one. Empowering women, my ass. She would tear down a 9-year-old with a lemonade stand if she could. 

I remember Bethenny first saying that Carole didn't have a career in one of the TH -- as part of a list of things Carole has in common with Tinsley. I didn't think she repeated it again until the reunion, in response to Carole's repeatedly saying she had been bashed and having arguably bashed back (taking shots at Bethenny's career) on her blog. I could be missing something, but I don't remember Bethenny being repetitive about the career thing outside the confrontation at the reunion. I have seen and continue to see Carole being repetitive about the career thing (and a lot of other things) over a longer stretch of time and all over the internet.

Bethenny kind of wants to say the career comment was a neutral fact, not bashing. Okay..I think it was a bit of a dig, and that Bethenny knows this. But a little dig is not the same thing as bashing or bullying or slander. And the dig exploits the fact that Carole's whole persona from the very beginning was boho writer girl who doesn't understand deadlines and contracts, and leads a fancy-free life: "No work and all play makes me a happy girl." So Carole is stuck with having already suggested that she's fine with being known as a slacker.

I actually think the slacker persona is contrived. All the journalists and writers I know (I work in publishing) are workaholics -- you have to be to stay relevant. Carole says in her bio on her website that at least part of the reason she took the RHONY job was the paycheque, and, I mean, she's hawking used clothes on the internet. I think the other (unstated) reason she took the job was to try to make herself relevant in media again after a long work hiatus. And that that's the reason she's so angry about Bethenny saying she doesn't have a career. But just a theory.

I would never say Carole never had a career, or one that she couldn't be proud of. But I also think the prestige of her career is greatly exaggerated, and the fact that most of her accomplishments are so dated helps to hide that -- we can't see her journalistic work right in front of us. I think the awards are for group projects, which we don't have in front of us to see, and we don't know what role Carole played. The main piece of work we have to judge her by is her memoir. Some great writers have written about themselves, including in memoirs, but I don't know any career writer whose main accomplishment is limited to one mostly autobiographical narrative.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Lady of nod said:

My careers  bigger than yours. You don't have a career. Booyah bitch. Wtf. How old are these women. Bethenny  and Carol are both insufferable. But I think being a journalist and writer of 2 books trumps hawking liquor and other products marketed under the name Skinny Girl. It's not empowering women by reinforcing the idea that we all need to be skinny. 

agree they are both being petty - however it should be noted that Bethenny has 8 books as far as I can tell, that she published in less time than Carole had her 2 books published. I think the charitable work Bethenny has done for Puerto Rico alone trumps what Carole Narrative Radziwell is doing now.

• Love 21
17 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

We know Adam didn't.

We do? Adam’s finances remain a huge mystery to me. Dude travels a lot even for Carole or HW adjacent people aren’t present. And his family is well off.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:
31 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Why is the part about setting up Carole missing?   If he and Carole want to be straight forward, why is that part missing?  He showed February 4 so that text should be there.   Something tells me he's not all that truthful either.

• Love 13
21 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I miss Xanex. Sigh. I can't wait for Luanne. She's gonna piss everyone off. She just took a picture in the Hamptons with Martha Stewart and Crazy Island Kelly. I'm thinking that may have been a message to B.

Is Xanax the new Valium?  If so, I’ll have a cookie.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

its not rocket science, but some damn fine organizational skills and people skills are required.  one mess up and you're gone.  Try it before for you knock.   

Being a personal assistant to a demanding person is hard fucking work.

• Love 15