Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Ship Happens

• Start Topic

This has only been briefly touched on, but count me as someone who would cut a bitch that would put a crab in the hammock, bag, suitcase, bed etc., in an attempt to "prank me'.

I run screaming from buzzing, stinging things, and won't eat crawfish for example, because they're creepy looking.

Don't.ever.do.it.

I though Ramona handled that really well.

3 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Why, thank you!

I loved old Beth.  She was self-deprecating.  She was funny.  You rooted for her to become successful.  I felt genuinely hurt for her when she was clearly very hurt over Jill.

That said, I do wonder if as crazy as Kelly was on Scary Island, if she was a lot more perceptive of Beth and her true self than we ever knew.  Of course, it was clouded in absolute crazy.  But I think she may have recognized that Beth, even back then, had a lot of ugliness to her inside.  

And it makes me also wonder if Jill saw someone who basically used her kindness when she was supposedly struggling and then began dumping her as her success grew.  Maybe all the things Jill did to Beth that season was clouded in her feeling betrayed by Beth to begin with?

I don't know what the case was, but Ramona was so dead on that season when she was her usual blunt self while walking across the bridge with Bethenny on her fractured relationships.  Perhaps they all saw a preview of what Beth would eventually become once the success happened.  Maybe they all saw someone who was self-serving, needy, demanding, and mean.  Money may have just magnified all of those qualities.

I miss funny Bethenny.  The Bethenny that was mocking Ramona at the speed dating venue, bringing a drink to red scarf guy.  Though I would prefer it be humor that is not always mocking someone else, I would prefer it over crying, quivering, bitching, spastic Bethenny on any day.  Her current (genuine?) persona is no es bueno for me.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 23
12 hours ago, ancslove said:

Who were the editors trying to target, showing that fashion moment with Carole and Tinsley, that Bethenny couldn't stand?  I want to say that they were targeting Bethenny, since her reaction was OTT and she'd just gone on an epic shopping spree the previous episode, and yet I was on B's side here.  That conversation was the definition of inane.  It's not just that they were discussing fashion.  But is pairing a headwrap/scarf with a hat really so incredible?  Without the show, how long will Carole be able to stand Tinsley?

Yes. That conversation was beyond bad. It wasn't only inane but was once again being used by Carole to name-drop Lee Radziwell. Tinsley was going on about how the scarf with the hat was so trendy right now, and I think she name-dropped some designer who was doing it or some specific person who was making it trendy. Carole comes back with 'no, it was my mother-in-law, Lee Radziwell who set the trend' or words to that effect. So I got Bethenny's irritation with the whole conversation. I was rolling my eyes majorly too. Both at the stupid of it all - "wow! you're wearing a scarf with a hat! Who ever heard of that?!" - and at Carole's ever-present need to emphasize her connection to Lee (and thus the Kennedys).  Sure it was pretty immature of Bethenny to actually verbalize it, but I got it.

And speaking of Bethenny saying things. Here's something she did actually say on Twitter about Carole's departure from the show. It's pretty brutal.

5b63275d1a325_ScreenShot2018-08-02at10_45_34AM.png.783c609c2e653cd2baa109c1da50637e.png

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Tinsley is a cute little girl, but that’s just it .. she isn’t womanly .. doesn’t think like a woman .. doesn’t look like a woman.  IMO, of course.

While she seems like a sweet person, that act on a 40 year old is really sad.  And really, I don't see beauty in her AT ALL.  She can look somewhat attractive at times, but she's just a skinny blonde whose face lift or whatever she is doing to her eyebrows is giving her a very weird look that isn't going to age well.  I don't think she's the trophy she thinks she is.

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

Yes. That conversation was beyond bad. It wasn't only inane but was once again being used by Carole to name-drop Lee Radziwell. Tinsley was going on about how the scarf with the hat was so trendy right now, and I think she name-dropped some designer who was doing it or some specific person who was making it trendy. Carole comes back with 'no, it was my mother-in-law, Lee Radziwell who set the trend' or words to that effect. So I got Bethenny's irritation with the whole conversation. I was rolling my eyes majorly too. Both at the stupid of it all - "wow! you're wearing a scarf with a hat! Who ever heard of that?!" - and at Carole's ever-present need to emphasize her connection to Lee (and thus the Kennedys).  Sure it was pretty immature of Bethenny to actually verbalize it, but I got it.

And speaking of Bethenny saying things. Here's something she did actually say on Twitter about Carole's departure from the show. It's pretty brutal.

5b63275d1a325_ScreenShot2018-08-02at10_45_34AM.png.783c609c2e653cd2baa109c1da50637e.png

Tins mentioned her hat/scarf combo and said she saw J Law wearing it in a spread in a magazine, and Carole said “this is an original Lee Radziwill.” I don’t know if she meant the scarf belonged to Lee or Lee was known to wear the combo, but I don’t think she meant that Lee started the trend. 

• Love 17

Since everyone has been hitting Bethenny’s SM today.  Check out her retweet and insta share from a RHONY producer.  He mashed the Titanic with the boat footage.  It’s hysterical.

• Love 4

I need to rewatch this episode later but one thing grabbed my attention...

Ramona said she can't swim.

Is this the same Ramona who way back in season 1 was grab-assing and acting the fool at her Hamptons pool with her friend Cindy whilst Mario sat there all pervy and leering?

I could have sworn Ramona was pushed into the pool by Cindy and was swimming.

Dammit, I hate having to go back to watch an episode just to see if a HW is an attention-seeking liar or if I have progressive memory loss.  Ugh.  

• Love 18
49 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

whoa.....game on!  I heart Bethenny

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Bethenny has diarrhea. Diarrhea of the mouth. 

I cant even remember why her and Carole are fighting in the first place. 

Bethenny is butt hurt that Carole isn't putting her first anymore in her speed dial. Honestly, Bethenny is so needy anyone would find it suffocating being in a relationship with her. She has never learned how to allow a friend to feel some freedom to be with whoever they want to... she almost acts like a possessive lover... when a close friend does stuff with someone else she gets snarky, sad, mad and extremely defensive and confrontational. Carole leaving the show is the right thing for her to do...time to move on from all these women and embark on new journeys with people that aren't looking for a fight all time.

24 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I need to rewatch this episode later but one thing grabbed my attention...

Ramona said she can't swim.

Is this the same Ramona who way back in season 1 was grab-assing and acting the fool at her Hamptons pool with her friend Cindy whilst Mario sat there all pervy and leering?

I could have sworn Ramona was pushed into the pool by Cindy and was swimming.

Dammit, I hate having to go back to watch an episode just to see if a HW is an attention-seeking liar or if I have progressive memory loss.  Ugh.  

YES! Ramona has been seen swimming in many pools and lakes! Good grief, WTF was she talking about??? Roll the video tape! There must be at least an hours worth of video over the years of her swimming all over the world. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I've had a love/hate thing for Carole that was closer to hate for many seasons but she has my respect now.  She has had enough of Beth's bullshit and isn't about to grovel like she wants her to.  She's calm and collected while Beth is either loud, mean, or just falling into pieces. 

I was done with Carole after she went after Jules and uninvited Ramona to her election party because she had different political view from the all-knowing, much-better-informed Carole. But, in this case, I have to give her props for not folding just to keep the apple. She's going the way of Heather, Kristin, and Jules - though she lasted a lot longer. Anyone who stands up to Bethenny one season is ultimately off the show the next season. Carole has done an amazing job of remaining cool and collected in the face of B's constant tirades, digs, and accusations.

Jill tried and then groveled. She got one more season.

Sonja apologized exceedingly right out the TipsyGirl gate and continued to grovel so she could stay afloat. She and her pee-stained skivvies are still in action.

Ramona makes a good bluff up front but ultimately caves to Beth and cries for forgiveness. She talks smack behind B's back but will never rally the troops for a full-frontal assault.

Lu let B have it in the Berkshires but in the mildest way. Again, if we're talking proportional responses, she could have gone at her like Ramona with a verbal oozie, considering the disgusting stuff B threw at her. She lets everything slide.

Tins is too non-confrontational to challenge B. Beth sees her as an easy mark and tears into her with little warning. See: the lunch where Tins was berated by B for daring to discuss shopping after B basically bought out a local shop. I guess it's ok if you spend tons, but talking about it - or looking Beth's direction while she argues with someone at a public meal - is grounds for being chided.

Dorinda is throwing digs and then apologizing to everyone. But soon, I think, she's going to snap while sober and really let B have it. Dorinda doesn't like backing down. If she comes back next year, after all the "drunk" mentions Beth has thrown out on camera, I expect Dorinda might go head to head with her. And I'll lay odds right here that next season is her last. No one survives a go at Bethenny.

• Love 18
12 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I could not believe that.

Right?  Watching the maids cleaning the mattresses is why I won't stay in a hotel.  Those women should be mortified.

How the hell does Ramona NOT know how to swim?  That can't be right.  I will never understand people who don't know how to swim.

I'm willing to cut Ramona some slack on not knowing how to swim. My grandmother never learned. Grew up on a river, but couldn't swim a stroke. The upside was that all of her children and grandchildren are damn good swimmers because she made us learn. She knew she wouldn't be able to save us if we ever got into trouble. Plus, Ramona might be able to dog-paddle or tread water well enough in something like a pool. It might be a different story in open water. Especially choppy seas like what we saw.

5 hours ago, coops said:

The most funniest moment of this episode, or even this season, was when Bethenny was bitching about Carole and she walked in and Sonja's draw just drops and she breaks the fourth wall and looks right at the camera in muted horror! 

I loved the fact that all the others knew Carole was there and let Bethenny keep running her mouth for a minute. Followed by Beth's fumbling attempt to play it off. 

4 hours ago, mytmo said:

Did Sonja actually throw something piss soaked at Tinsley while arguing with her on the boat?  Like a monkey throwing poo.

I believe it was Ramona's cover up. After Sonja said "I peed on this, I hope it's yours!" you can see Ramona reaching for it and saying that it's hers.

I hope Lu got her phone back.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, OFDgal said:

Yes to this!  She also needs to stop chewing with her mouth open.  It's disgusting to watch.  She's been called out on this numerous times on this board.  Why would she continue to eat like this.  Not very princessey.

I think it's due to her malocclusion. She may have trouble bringing her teeth together to chew properly. I'm surprised she never had it corrected.

• Love 9

re: Luanne and the gift she left the staff on the bed.....I remember in 1977 and I was a young teen, we were on a family vacation at the Acapulco Princess, and I saw a "fancy' looking man in white dress slacks,  have an accident, in his pants, in the lobby, while just standing there talking to his wife.  Montezuma does not discriminate.  

• Love 12

Dorinda saying "shut up bitch" to Lu instead of the vileness she spewed would have been more forgiveable. 

4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I've been a Dorinda fan too and I agree with all the conclusions about her aggressive issues when she's drinking, however, how much of this is due to edit? Recall the seasons where it was Ramona who got the crazy, aggressive, what's wrong with her  edit? Then, there was Sonja who was seriously out of control with her drunken behavior.  She wasn't even invited to the Berkshires, it was so bad.  So, is this just Dorinda's season to get the edit?  

I think what makes this not an editing issue is the consistency of the behavior - drunk Dorinda is a mean, ugly and spiteful every. single. time. Also, I feel like she claims to have only had one drink too many times. In Mexico with B, she only had 1 drink. In Columbia, she only had one drink.  Dorinda is either (a) lying; (b) so drunk she can't remember how much she drank; (c) telling the truth and she is on something else interacting badly with that "one drink"; or (d) her idea is just 1 drink is a jug of moonshine. 

4 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

"Ramona, do you know how to beat-box?"

"Boom. Boom. Boom."

Oh, Ramona. You are tragically un-hip.

I was simply shocked she even knew what beat boxing was. 

1 hour ago, coops said:

I think Bethenny came across as so likable in the early seasons because she was thrown into the mix with people who seemed worse on first appearances. Jill could seem petty and spiteful, Ramona was blunt and had no filter, Luann was condescending, Alex was a pretentious social climber and Kelly just seemed plain crazy. But Bethenny probably did hurt Jill, Kelly probably did feel unnerved and intimidated by Bethenny but just couldn't articulate it.

Flash forward to now and Bethenny is up against Carole and she's just way more cool headed than Bethenny so it's Bethenny that's crumbling and look like a maniac. Throw in that ever since Bethenny has returned as the most successful housewife all the others have been very careful about taking her on because she's the big fish. Carole just doesn't care. This totally throws Bethenny. 

Frankly, I think the crumbling came when B got her own show and she was the sole crazy person on there interacting with relative "normals" like Jason and his family and friends. And she knew it too because she kept making statements of looking like the bad guy and Jason being the good/sane guy. 

Note: this statement is not me thinking Jason is perfect or faultess in their divorce. 

• Love 18

Carole defenders are just going to ignore her humble bragging.

”I been in Middle East war zones and this was far worst.”

your emaciated Skelton body and face in that dress is one of the worst things my eyes have seen but I am quiet positive it isn’t as I grew up in  my own war zone. 

Bye bitch. Take Bethany and Ramona with u for any kind of redemption.  

9 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

TMI -- I was so sick once that I shit the bed twice -- but luckily I was bundled up both times so it didn't get through my clothes to the bed.  And then after that I gave up being in bed and just slept on the bathroom floor.  One of the times I was trying to shower the shit off I almost shit in the shower.  It was bad.  I wanted to die.  I was so sick that letting the dogs out was enough work to require a nap.  I had to have Prime Now bring me immodium because I was afraid of shitting in the car or the store (also, I was dying of ebola and too sick to leave the house) and the immodium just kind of slowed the flow because the shitting was too strong for it and there wasn't even anything left in me to shit out and it still wouldn't stop.  I could barely move, but the shit clothes made it into the wash ASAP.  As soon as I could get around a little I washed the bedding even though it wasn't shitty, I'm sure it was full of ebola germs.

Your poor thing. Hope you ok now. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, islandgal140 said:

Tinsley can stay just for this ridiculously surreal "bitch what" exchange with Ramona on the SS Minnow

Ramona "WHAT ABOUT AVERY!!!"
Tinsley "I get it I have a dog"

I have a child......

i get it I have a dog......

yea that was beyond funny just for the shear fact of how both of them are clueless 

• Love 22
23 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

After questioning Dorinda about her (I will say it..) Alcoholism, Andy offered her to take part in a Shotskie. 

When the girls were getting on the boat to go to the island and pink champagne was being served you could hear Sonja goading LuAnn in the background (paraphrased) “Aw come on...you can have one little sip”. I don’t think that Lu took the bait because for sure the camera would have caught that moment. It seems that these ladies base a lot of their lives around alcohol. 

• Love 16
15 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Honestly, how could everyone let Dorinda off the hook so easily every time she does this shit?  It’s been too many times already.  I’m so sick of her telling all of them she’s sorry.  She’s a broken record, and it’s boring.  Go into rehab already, you hag.

And ya know she is not based on her TH's.  She needs to go.  When she was talking about only having 2 glasses of wine pre Lu smackathon (while she was shown with a margarita) and then to someone else she said she only had 1 drink, well if that is true Drunkety Dorinda, you have a bigger problem than we all thought cause you were a slurring/arm waving/spittle flying monster.  She must never sober up to get that way after a claim of a couple of drinks.  She is a mess and someone that loves her needs to hold an intervention.  She is going to have an ugly end and Bravo needs to stop showing her demise.

This ep was awful.  The diarrhea problem at the end really showed how entitled and awful at least some of these women are and we just saw a bit of it.  Ramona had shit ON HER FLOOR and didn't clean it up?  Luann SHIT HER BED and left it for the staff to deal with and didn't feel badly about it referring to it as a surprise?  Well fuck all of you.  I used to be a motel maid in high school and a frat party was had in our rooms.  The head maid ripped all of those people new assholes for doing 1/3 of the grossness these supposed upper class folks did.  Have some fucking compassion and/or empathy for those cleaning up after you.  After this ep I was floored.  I turned the tv off and sat there for a minute wondering what the fuck I just watched.  

I am still confused about why B is so torn about C.  Were they in an actual relationship in the off season?  Cause I have only seen women who were dumped by their SO act that way.  

16 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Sorry. :) I thought it was already known she was posting under that name

Huh?  I think I am behind

• Love 18

I just have to say that the behavior of these women when they travel is abominable. The level of disgusting and disgraceful behavior that they exhibit on these "vacations" is truly awful. Sonja's drunken sexual exhibitionism was pathetic and sad...the she topped it off with a drunken scream-a-thon at Tinsley, her favorite punching bag, about the rough water/ boat drama. Her proclamation that she had a daughter at home to think about was too rich...this is the same daughter that she conveniently shuttles off to boarding school all year and then to sleep away camp for the summer or to her bio Dad for visits. She cares so much for this child that she brazenly discusses her lovers and her sex life on TV... STFU Sonja.

And then there was all the fighting in front of staff at breakfast and everywhere else...these people are probably supporting many family members on their salaries and have to be puzzled by the animosity that exists between all these women who have been given the good fortune to travel and spend &&& on clothes, food and entertainment yet still bicker and quarrel at all times of the day and night. Ramona ordering staff around to pick up her bags, unpack her bags, hang clothes up is just so Ugly American...and she is clueless about how entitled she acts.

The final insulting and despicable thing was LuAnne leaving feces on her bed and laughing about it...the final shot of the cleaning person having to clean it spoke volumes about how privileged and thoughtless she is. 

• Love 23
15 hours ago, Psalm11 said:

"I want to be someone's safe place"...I LOVE YOU DORINDA! (Yeah, I said it again.)

And I think therein lies her drinking problem...who's her safe place?

She ran them off when she was drunk and told them how awful she thinks they are?

• Love 7
14 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Weird-I'm in the microwave oven know as Phoenix, and our episode airs at 6pm.

And we are in the same time zone.

A plus for living in the desert in the summer!

I also live in Phoenix and it airs at 9pm. Our cable provider is Cox.   

11 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

This ep was awful.  The diarrhea problem at the end really showed how entitled and awful at least some of these women are and we just saw a bit of it.  Ramona had shit ON HER FLOOR and didn't clean it up?  Luann SHIT HER BED and left it for the staff to deal with and didn't feel badly about it referring to it as a surprise?  Well fuck all of you.  I used to be a motel maid in high school and a frat party was had in our rooms.  The head maid ripped all of those people new assholes for doing 1/3 of the grossness these supposed upper class folks did.  Have some fucking compassion and/or empathy for those cleaning up after you.  After this ep I was floored.  I turned the tv off and sat there for a minute wondering what the fuck I just watched.  

I was a maid at a ski resort and saw all this too.  It was common to see used condoms everywhere especially in the sheets.  Only good thing was that they usually left behind very expensive sunglasses and we all sported $300 plus sunglasses in the eighties.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
14 minutes ago, kicksave said:

The final insulting and despicable thing was LuAnne leaving feces on her bed and laughing about it...the final shot of the cleaning person having to clean it spoke volumes about how privileged and thoughtless she is. 

I think it’s the fact she laughed and the way she said it made it sound like she made no attempt to clean it up herself but hid it on the bed so it was a “surprise” for the staff speaks volumes about how she thinks of herself and what she thinks of the “help” 

• Love 21
13 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

How do you leave human excrement on the floor? And how do you leave it on the floor, and not try to clean it up?

These are the same women who leave their dog's poo on the floor of a friend's home.  

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think it’s the fact she laughed and the way she said it made it sound like she made no attempt to clean it up herself but hid it on the bed so it was a “surprise” for the staff speaks volumes about how she thinks of herself and what she thinks of the “help” 

Exactly...she's a big phony with her etiquette book and lectures to others on how to behave. Surprising actually that she behaves this way coming from her humble background. 

• Love 15
14 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Dorinda on WWHL: “21 days does not make Buddha.” I guess Luann should have apologized harder. How did “you’re starting to turn” warrant all those low blows? 

Because despite all of her waxing on and on about how good of a friend she is to everyone she really is an awful person.

14 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Was Drunkinda still holding a drinkie when the boat was rockin'?  Mmmmm, 'kay.

Btw, Lu is kinda the last one to be pointing out to other drunks that they're drunks.  Just sayin' . . .

You know, I've been watching this stupid fucking show for 10 years, so it's not like I just met Lu in this ep, but shit, does that woman have a kick-ass bod or what?

Her tummy is flat as a pancake.  Lucky Lu!  It is an awesome figure.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, kicksave said:

And then there was all the fighting in front of staff at breakfast and everywhere else...these people are probably supporting many family members on their salaries and have to be puzzled by the animosity that exists between all these women who have been given the good fortune to travel and spend &&& on clothes, food and entertainment yet still bicker and quarrel at all times of the day and night. Ramona ordering staff around to pick up her bags, unpack her bags, hang clothes up is just so Ugly American...and she is clueless about how entitled she acts.

So I am not an upper class psycho like this women, and I would never leave a hotel room with feces on the floor but...

Staff at fancy hotels do get paid. Part of why you pay thru the nose for fancy hotels is because you're paying the staff to fetch you more alcohol as you and your friends have raging fights at the fancy dinner table. Part of what you pay for is yes, indeed, for the staff to unpack your bags, hang up your clothes and generally do what you ask of them, like make you special meals and bring you snacks. It even involves them changing your sheets and cleaning up your messes and you don't have to kiss the staff's ass because you do tip and they do actually get paid.  I've never understood the shock and horror at the idea of Ramona expecting staff to assist with her unpacking or with putting in special meal requests. Thats part of the service. 

I personally would have made an effort to clean up the floor and I wouldn't have mentioned crapping the bed as leaving a surprise but a) I really don't think anyone shit the floor or the bed because they *wanted to*, they all seemed to be ill and b) if Ramona was found cleaning the floor or Luann was scrubbing the bed, they would both be stopped by staff because that is the staff's job.

Luann's comment was out of line - too gleeful for my tastes - but expecting the housemaids to change the bed after an accident? Yeah, they do get paid for that. 

*Can we give the "Evelyn" thing a rest? It feels like some secret joke only certain people are in on. 

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Exactly...she's a big phony with her etiquette book and lectures to others on how to behave. Surprising actually that she behaves this way coming from her humble background. 

I went to dinner recently with my boss and me knowing all the wait staff was handing my plate to them when they came to clear the table and she lost her shit about how you never touch the plate that’s “their” job. rich people really don’t treat the help like they are people or that they exist ignoring them when they come to the table  it was really awkward 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

What was she supposed to do burn it? I doubt she willingly shit the bed. It can happen with diarrhea and it’s wouldn’t been great for Lu either who had to clean herself up and the mattress didn’t appear bad, we saw shit stains on the floor from either Ramona and Sonja and they could have easily cleaned up.

I actually think those that shit the bed/floor/whathaveyou should do their best to clean it up themselves rather than the staff.  Maybe she couldn't have cleaned it up perfectly but at least try.  

• Love 8

Folks, we do not seem to be able to stay on topic, despite repeated reminders that episode threads are for discussion of episode events only. 

We are going to lock this topic to go through and remove all off-topic posts. It will be unlocked when that is complete. Meanwhile:

• Discussion of Bethenny that ranges beyond what actually happened in the episode belongs in the Bethenny topic. 
  • Ditto discussion of other housewives that covers events that didn't happen in the episode. And discussion of folks who have left the show belongs in their threads.
  • Discussion of your own lives belongs in Small Talk. 
  • Love 5

We're unlocking the thread, however:

The episode threads are for episode discussion only. We understand that sometimes events in episodes bring up discussion of older events, other housewives shows, etc, and we're not forbidding mention of those other items altogether, but if your post is all or mostly about a non-episode topic, it does not belong in the episode thread. The derailment of episode threads into non-episode topics, particularly when the topics have been discussed over and over, needs to stop.  Please, take those discussions to the appropriate threads. Posts in violation of this will be removed, and warnings will be issued.

• Love 1

I noticed a funny thing at breakfast. They had eggs done more than one way. One platter, if I remember correctly, had scrambled and hard boiled. I noticed that Tinsley’s plate (when she was finished and chatting) had evidence of having eaten both the kinds. Carole, our egg lover (especially ordering numerous ways) only ate scrambled and with her mouth open as always. Those breakfast spreads looked yummy. 

The foods offered on these trips look wonderful. Imagine Colombian coffee in Colombia. Way to start the ladies day. Too bad Dorinda didn’t stay to drink hers and enjoy the food with the other women. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Added a comment.
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, bosawks said:

Wonder how long it’s going to take next year for Drunk Dorinda to reference Lu stealing from her kids?

Next year?

Dorinda was probably the one who released the lawsuit info to Page Six. Dorinda is sneaky like that

• Love 8

Rewatching last night's episode - gotta give Tins credit for maintaining her composure overall during the so-called boat trip from hell... I also noticed Ramona cracking up vs crying, when she was clutching Sonja... Man the whole boat trip - at least what we were shown - really wasn't as awful as they made it out to seem. Whatever for Sonja insinuating the reason Tins had no issue with the boat turbulence was because she didn't have a kid... whatever Sonj...

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Rap541 said:

So I am not an upper class psycho like this women, and I would never leave a hotel room with feces on the floor but...

Staff at fancy hotels do get paid. Part of why you pay thru the nose for fancy hotels is because you're paying the staff to fetch you more alcohol as you and your friends have raging fights at the fancy dinner table. Part of what you pay for is yes, indeed, for the staff to unpack your bags, hang up your clothes and generally do what you ask of them, like make you special meals and bring you snacks. It even involves them changing your sheets and cleaning up your messes and you don't have to kiss the staff's ass because you do tip and they do actually get paid.  I've never understood the shock and horror at the idea of Ramona expecting staff to assist with her unpacking or with putting in special meal requests. Thats part of the service. 

I personally would have made an effort to clean up the floor and I wouldn't have mentioned crapping the bed as leaving a surprise but a) I really don't think anyone shit the floor or the bed because they *wanted to*, they all seemed to be ill and b) if Ramona was found cleaning the floor or Luann was scrubbing the bed, they would both be stopped by staff because that is the staff's job.

Luann's comment was out of line - too gleeful for my tastes - but expecting the housemaids to change the bed after an accident? Yeah, they do get paid for that. 

*Can we give the "Evelyn" thing a rest? It feels like some secret joke only certain people are in on. 

Raises hand.  I work at a gas station.  I've had to clean other people's poo more than once.

It's annoying, generally.  But I agree with you that it's part of my job.  One person did cop to it.  They were elderly, in poor health and a regular customer.  Compassion was in order.  I have no idea what caused poo on the walls, floors, sink, smeared on toilet to happen.

But it is the job and you clean up.

Personally, if I ever do something like that, if I'm physically capable, I'm cleaning it up.  I will find an all night laundry. 

I'll also keep my mouth shut about it, but if it is known?  I will joke about it to save face.

Having said that?  I think the ladies were selfish, entitled and classless.

FLAVOR FLAV!  Because pooping on the floor on a reality tv show isn't new! 

Almost 24 hours later and I'm still giggling over "witches don't float" and "the one time Ramona doesn't have her noodle".

Evelyn I know this world is killing you

Oh Evelyn.  My aim is true.

Truly Rap541, it's so secret, none of us are in on it.  Except for maybe Martinigirl....and I'm not sure she even knows what she started. 

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I don’t believe most people had a problem with Ramona asking to have her bags unpacked. Most people had a problem with how she spoke to the staff. Yes the staff gets paid for performing these duties but they’re not animals and deserve to be spoken to with respect. 

For 30 years I worked in some of the most luxurious hotels and resorts around the world, Europe, Asia, South America, you get the picture. Guests that acted like Ramona weren’t any less reprehensible and in the end the guests that treated the staff with respect were usually those with real money and they got the real service. These ugly Americans that showed up really screwed themselves out of a truly indulgent experience.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, bagger said:

I don’t believe most people had a problem with Ramona asking to have her bags unpacked. Most people had a problem with how she spoke to the staff. Yes the staff gets paid for performing these duties but they’re not animals and deserve to be spoken to with respect. 

For 30 years I worked in some of the most luxurious hotels and resorts around the world, Europe, Asia, South America, you get the picture. Guests that acted like Ramona weren’t any less reprehensible and in the end the guests that treated the staff with respect were usually those with real money and they got the real service. These ugly Americans that showed up really screwed themselves out of a truly indulgent experience.

Yes. Ramona rubbed me wrong when she used her hand to dismiss the waiter at the end of the meal with her one word. “Finito”. Manners would have dictated that she should have said something along the lines of ‘thank you, we are finished’. I hate the way she treats staff and servers. Have we ever seen the ladies leave a tip? 

• Love 16
23 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

she's likely to return to the store.  hope someone from the store is watching

I don't think Sonja returns them to the store.

I think Sonja buys a few of the same thing, wears one of them on the show and then has someone throw it up on Ebay. She sees what people bid and instead of selling it to the highest bidder - she's selling several to the top bidders - each of them thinking they got the one she wore on the show.

Dorinda recently said in an interview that she sold the Bridesmaid dress from Luann's wedding for $5000. She gave that money to charity.

Sonja is maximizing her grifter skills and coin intake

• Love 7
9 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I don't know what the case was, but Ramona was so dead on that season when she was her usual blunt self while walking across the bridge with Bethenny on her fractured relationships.  Perhaps they all saw a preview of what Beth would eventually become once the success happened.  Maybe they all saw someone who was self-serving, needy, demanding, and mean.  Money may have just magnified all of those qualities.

I always come back to this scene. Ramona for all her crazy had B figured out on that bridge. Bethenny pushes everyone away, and no amount of success or money will ever make her a happy person. And I've always felt that Kelly was unstable, but B pushed her over the edge. Not cool.

• Love 20