Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Ship Happens

• Start Topic

A few posters have commented on peculiarities with the boat trip from hell.  Things like where were the life jackets?   Why was the anchor dropped while they were moving?   Why was there a siren sounding?   The waves were crashing behind the boat but I didn't notice anyone getting wet even though Dorinda claimed they were taking on water.   Did I miss seeing water on the deck?    The biggest mystery is why were they sitting out on the deck?    Weren't they concerned about falling off?    They should have been in the cabin with Tinsley, Ramona and Sonja.  That whole scene was done badly and looked awfully fake. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Every party needs a pooper so it might as well be you.  Party pooper.  Dorinda.  Party pooper.

Dorinda is clearly still drunk with all the crying and histrionics.  Yeah, sure.  You feel bad about what you said to Lu?  What were you saying 30 min earlier?  Bitch, please.  So you're weepy with Bethenny and talking to Lu, you're suddenly all strong and "in a good place" again?  Girl, you need to take yourself to rehab.  You are the most unapologetic person ever.

WTF is Carole wearing?  She looks like an anorexic parrot who lost her pirate.  

ROFLMAO!

I did like the dress, but the scarf and hat were ridiculous - maybe she borrowed the accessories from her separated at birth twin Steven Tyler.

611b3fed32a20b7e486ea93976fd11f5.jpg

• Love 13
23 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Bethenny's double take when Carole's "fashion sense" is mentioned is everything.  Probably exactly the look on my face.  

99% of the time Carole looks like she was pulled out of the dryer and placed in front of the cameras.

Isaac Mizrahi was shown a picture of Carole in this get up

img_8899.jpg?w=481&h=361

He said she looks like Fiona from Shrek (thanks ShawnaLanne)

They showed a clip of them decompressing after the boat trip, and Carole finally wore her Bed, Bath and Beyondce outfit

• Love 11

I believe Carole wrote in her book about being at Jackie's bedside with Anthony Radziwill when Jackie died.  

Seriously, do we really believe this? I, for one, do not.  Not plausible.

I've said earlier my working theory is Carole was angry with Beth for calling Adam "behind her back" and then calling him an "operator."  In this episode, B hasn't yet figured it out and wonders if Carole is too cool for her.  No, Carole will never forgive you for calling Adam and then dissing him.  Why doesn't Carole just come clean about it?

WRT Carole being skinny, I see she is thin but I don't see her being fit.  Bethenny s fit, she has muscle tone and looks great. I could have sworn I saw fat on Carole's calf which was surprising since I'm about to announce Carole ran the NYC marathon this year.  Did you know this?  

Edited by albarino
word
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, dosodog said:

That outfit is hideous.  I was completely unaware of the teal corset thingy.  I mean there's potential if you separate components. 

But ick.

So was I. 

The only potential I see is Carole making the Worst Dressed List.

And seriously......is this a hairstyle?

image.jpeg

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, albarino said:

I've said earlier my working theory is Carole was angry with Beth for calling Adam "behind her back" and then calling him an "operator."  In this episode, B hasn't yet figured it out and wonders if Carole is too cool for her.  No, Carole never forgive you for calling Adam and then dissing him.  Why doesn't Carole just come clean about it?

WRT Carole being skinny, I see she is thin but I don't see her being fit.  Bethenny s fit, she has muscle tone and looks great. I could have sworn I saw fat on Carole's calf which was surprising since I'm about to announce Carole ran the NYC marathon this year.  Did you know this?  

I do think it all comes down to that, but Carole knows how ridiculous it sounds so she talks around it. Her anger at Bethany calling Adam was weird.

If there was a party to celebrate Carole's run,  but it didn't meet Carole's standards, can we really say she ran the marathon?

3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

So was I. 

The only potential I see is Carole making the Worst Dressed List.

And seriously......is this a hairstyle?

image.jpeg

Bingo! We have a winner. I did like what she wore at the island lunch though. It suited her body type, the print was interesting and didn't scream, look at me, I'm soooooo fashion forward!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:

Rewatching last night's episode - gotta give Tins credit for maintaining her composure overall during the so-called boat trip from hell... I also noticed Ramona cracking up vs crying, when she was clutching Sonja...

Seeing as how much Sonja drank on that trip, I was surprised that she was that freaked out on the boat.  I thought booze mellowed you out!  I would've been throwing up.  I felt for Carole having to go through that.  I get sick just thinking about how bumpy that ride was!   Aside from Carole puking her guts out, I'm not convinced that it was as bad as the other ladies said it was, given their nature for exaggeration: The sea opened up and this mammoth wave came over the entire boat, and then we were dragged out to sea by Moby Dick, but then Captain Jack Sparrow appeared and offered us a lifeline and we finally made it back to shore, nearly in tatters from such a dreadful experience, but lo and behold, we pulled ourselves together and limped quietly back to our rooms  whereupon the shit hit the fan.  The end. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:

Rewatching last night's episode - gotta give Tins credit for maintaining her composure overall during the so-called boat trip from hell... I also noticed Ramona cracking up vs crying, when she was clutching Sonja... Man the whole boat trip - at least what we were shown - really wasn't as awful as they made it out to seem. Whatever for Sonja insinuating the reason Tins had no issue with the boat turbulence was because she didn't have a kid... whatever Sonj...

That green monster has a firm hold on Sawnya where Tinsley is concerned.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Seeing as how much Sonja drank on that trip, I was surprised that she was that freaked out on the boat.  I thought booze mellowed you out!  I would've been throwing up.  I felt for Carole having to go through that.  I get sick just thinking about how bumpy that ride was!   Aside from Carole puking her guts out, I'm not convinced that it was as bad as the other ladies said it was, given their nature for exaggeration: The sea opened up and this mammoth wave came over the entire boat, and then we were dragged out to sea by Moby Dick, but then Captain Jack Sparrow appeared and offered us a lifeline and we finally made it back to shore, nearly in tatters from such a dreadful experience, but lo and behold, we pulled ourselves together and limped quietly back to our rooms  whereupon the shit hit the fan.  The end. 

I like this comment, I'd marry it if I could.

Also, I never want to see Sonja's ass crack again.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I do think it all comes down to that, but Carole knows how ridiculous it sounds so she talks around it. Her anger at Bethany calling Adam was weird.

If there was a party to celebrate Carole's run,  but it didn't meet Carole's standards, can we really say she ran the marathon?

Bingo! We have a winner. I did like what she wore at the island lunch though. It suited her body type, the print was interesting and didn't scream, look at me, I'm soooooo fashion forward!

I loved what she wore at the Island lunch too!  In fact, it's the prettiest I've seen her look, facially as well.

• Love 6
On 8/1/2018 at 8:36 PM, urusai said:

Did not need to see Sonja's wrinkly ass crack

Why does she feel the need to disrobe? I hope her daughter doesn't watch the show. I'd be horrified if I saw my mother acting like Sonja. Alcohol usually loosens tongues. For Sonja it loosens her clothes. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

A few posters have commented on peculiarities with the boat trip from hell.  Things like where were the life jackets?   Why was the anchor dropped while they were moving?   Why was there a siren sounding?   The waves were crashing behind the boat but I didn't notice anyone getting wet even though Dorinda claimed they were taking on water.   Did I miss seeing water on the deck?    The biggest mystery is why were they sitting out on the deck?    Weren't they concerned about falling off?    They should have been in the cabin with Tinsley, Ramona and Sonja.  That whole scene was done badly and looked awfully fake. 

I got the impression that the anchor dislodged from the impact of the water, which is why they had to cut it free.  I thouht the alarm had to do with the bilge and taking on water.  I would not have been below because I would have been ralphing everywhere down there.  May have had a chance above.

• Love 9
On 8/1/2018 at 8:38 PM, psychoticstate said:

Dorinda is clearly still drunk with all the crying and histrionics.  Yeah, sure.  You feel bad about what you said to Lu?  What were you saying 30 min earlier?  Bitch, please.  So you're weepy with Bethenny and talking to Lu, you're suddenly all strong and "in a good place" again?  Girl, you need to take yourself to rehab.  You are the most unapologetic person ever.

I hope in watching the show she realizes she needs to do something about her alcohol problem. It is patently obvious she is out of control. She is denying it, but if she's like most alcoholics, she knows she's a mess. She just isn't ready to admit it. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I got the impression that the anchor dislodged from the impact of the water, which is why they had to cut it free.  I thouht the alarm had to do with the bilge and taking on water.  I would not have been below because I would have been ralphing everywhere down there.  May have had a chance above.

Good points!     I would have been afraid of falling off so I would have been inside.   I don't know much about boats but I  don't think below deck is the only inside spot.    I think there's a cabin off the deck too

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I hope in watching the show she realizes she needs to do something about her alcohol problem. It is patently obvious she is out of control.

Although we all see it, watching her on WWHL it's apparent that she's in serious denial, and gets more heated over the topic as Andy tries to discuss it with her.  I sure hope that she doesn't have some serious crisis that makes her realize how out of control she gets. I hope she figures it out long before that happens.

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, archer1267 said:

Ramona's got a great figure, and could look great in age-appropriate clothing. I don't even think Avery would wear some of those Forever 21 ensembles 

I think Ramona's implants are too big and in certain clothes they make her look top heavy and dumpy. She looked better without them. 

I admire Lu's confidence in walking around in her bikini. She looks fabulous. I would've been wearing a cover-up. Even if I'm at my fighting weight, I just don't feel comfortable in my swimsuit. Certain angles are not flattering (for me).

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

img_8899.jpg?w=481&h=361

They showed a clip of them decompressing after the boat trip, and Carole finally wore her Bed, Bath and Beyondce outfit

1 hour ago, Steph J said:

Really? No one ever leaves of their own volition except you? Because only you would never be fired?

Given how much of this season has been built around the Bethenny/Carole feud, I don't really believe that Bravo wouldn't ask Carole to return.  They'd ride that horse into the ground and beyond (although I know that for some viewers, it feels like they've already done so).  But I can see Carole deciding to leave because, really, life is too short for this shit and the portrayal hasn't exactly been flattering to either of them.  I can also see Bethenny giving Bravo an ultimatum and telling them that it's her or Carole.  But I can't see Bravo deciding on its own not to bring Carole back.

So what’s the truth here?  Carole decided to go, or was told to go?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Although we all see it, watching her on WWHL it's apparent that she's in serious denial, and gets more heated over the topic as Andy tries to discuss it with her.  I sure hope that she doesn't have some serious crisis that makes her realize how out of control she gets. I hope she figures it out long before that happens.

I hope she does too.  I actually felt sorry for her when she was talking to Beth that she felt bad she hurt LuAnn.  I thought that might be her light bulb moment.  I'm sure deep down she knows she has a problem but just can't admit it.

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

img_8899.jpg?w=481&h=361

That outfit is so goddamned ugly.  Ironically though, her face looks very pretty in this photo and probably the best I've seen of her actual face!

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I would not have been below because I would have been ralphing everywhere down there.  May have had a chance above.

I would've stayed up top too.  At least I've got a fighting chance if I went overboard vs. being sucked down with the boat if it did capsize.   I didn't mean to minimize their experience earlier, but I would like to hear someone else's version of the story just to get a different perspective on the whole thing.  Having the anchor dragging you down is pretty serious, but I don't think the waves were of the 15+ foot type.  

I can't get this song out of my head since watching this episode: Rock the Boat - The Hues Corporation

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I think Ramona's implants are too big and in certain clothes they make her look top heavy and dumpy. She looked better without them. 

I agree. They may be bigger now but they sure aren’t perky. I wasn’t overly enthusiastic about the wardrobe she chose for this trip. I was gobsmacked with the photo of both her and Avery side by side wearing that same outfit. Avery wore it better. They all like to show a lot of cleavage. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

That outfit is hideous.  I was completely unaware of the teal corset thingy.  I mean there's potential if you separate components. 

But ick.

Wondering if it’s one piece or three or four pieces layered on.  Part Victorian, part dance hall 1800s, part Carmen Miranda. All she needed was the fruit on top of her head.

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, albarino said:

I’ve said earlier my working theory is Carole was angry with Beth for calling Adam "behind her back" and then calling him an "operator."  In this episode, B hasn't yet figured it out and wonders if Carole is too cool for her.  No, Carole will never forgive you for calling Adam and then dissing him.  Why doesn't Carole just come clean about it?

• Well before this episode, Bethenny posited (I want to say to Dorinda maybe?) that she noticed something shifted after she told Carole she thought Adam was an operator. Bethenny now is trying to play it like she’s completely in the dark about why their friendship has suffered. (Personally I think it’s that plus other things, such as Bethenny’s general needy behavior.)
  • Fat on Carole’s calf? Really?
  • Love 13
22 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Btw, Lu is kinda the last one to be pointing out to other drunks that they're drunks.

Actually, an alcoholic is the perfect person to call out another alcoholic. AA is built on identification, one alcoholic helping another. 

• Love 13

Well, I went back and looked again at the boat ride from hell footage.  Editing definitely at play.  There were life jackets because at one point you see Dorinda inside with an orange life jacket on.  We also get to see Lu slide twice on the floor in the back.  I guess they liked that clip so much they played it twice to enhance the drama.

As for being inside or outside, it depends.  If you have a queasy stomach, you should be outside.  If you're inside, you also run the chance of hitting yourself trying to move around.  I would be outside at the back of the boat.  Maybe not where Carole and Beth were but I just would rather be in fresh air (and I don't get seasick) and I would be too claustrophobic with So screaming. I think So was so over reactive was 'because' she was drunk.

As for the anchor....I would think it was on an electric anchor wench.  Why it released, I have no idea.  And apparently it wasn't working at that point because they couldn't get the anchor up so the captain decided to cut the line.

The drama of this all was so over the top.  The water was choppy because of the wind.  There were no fifteen foot waves.  Yep, the boat will bang a lot in this kind of situation (like Tins was explaining).  Yep, you don't move around a lot.  Yep, filming should have been stopped because the film crew needs to sit down.  Yep, the crew should have shown everyone where the life jackets were before they even left the dock.

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Actually, an alcoholic is the perfect person to call out another alcoholic. AA is built on identification, one alcoholic helping another. 

As I mentioned earlier, I think LuAnn is just trying to keep Dorinda from having a mugshot kind of moment.  On the other hand, I can see Dorinda's point of not wanting her to backseat Mom her, but IMO, LuAnn was only trying to help.  I really don't think she was judging her.  Dorinda's going to have to figure out on her own what everybody else sees.  I don't know how she can't see it in the episodes, but I guess at this point she thinks it's all pretty hilarious.  

Yep, the crew should have shown everyone where the life jackets were before they even left the dock.

I agree, but as a passenger, I would make sure I knew where they were.  It's like being in a Mall or store these days.  I always look around and find an exit, just in case something crazy happens.   In this day and age, I don't live afraid, but rather, aware of what's around me.  It would also stem from the safety lessons I learned as a child from my days of boating on the river.  I try to be aware of my options!

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I agree, but as a passenger, I would make sure I knew where they were.  It's like being in a Mall or store these days.  I always look around and find an exit, just in case something crazy happens.   In this day and age, I don't live afraid, but rather, aware of what's around me.  It would also stem from the safety lessons I learned as a child from my days of boating on the river.  I try to be aware of my options!

Absolutely.  The passengers should do that (and I do) but the crew should do that without having to be asked.  Most boats of that size should have a clearly marked place (usually) in the back where the life jackets are stored.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

As for the anchor....I would think it was on an electric anchor wench.  Why it released, I have no idea.  

I know that's just a typo but it's comically genius timing since we are discussing these women & their somewhat randy behaviors! Brava.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, rhys said:

I know that's just a typo but it's comically genius timing since we are discussing these women & their somewhat randy behaviors! Brava.

Haha. 

Yeah, I meant winch.  I'm not going to go back and correct it because your response is too funny.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

img_8899.jpg?w=481&h=361

Does anyone have a photo of the BB&Beyondce outfit?

1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

So what’s the truth here?  Carole decided to go, or was told to go?

I'm waiting to see a response to Bethenny's nasty shit on Carole's twitter.  So far?  Crickets.

Carole talked about (in a TH) the "cycling" self-destructive repeat habits of the show's drunks.  But the cycling can also describe this Bethenny/Carole feud.  Didn't they seem to end this ep, saying "I love you" (OK, I know on this show that means I hate your stinkin' guts) & hugging each other?  So I guess they'll be back to throwing venom at each other next ep?

It's really hard to speculate what happened with Carole.  My hunch is to go along with SOME of what Bethenny said.  Not all of it, mind you.  Sure, she can be "brutally honest", but she can also lie like crazy.  And her POV might be off the mark.

So nobody has quit the show other than Bethenny?  Maybe that's how she sees it, but it might not be the whole story.  Look at the credits for the show.  Andy Cohen is the Executive Producer.  I'm pretty sure that hiring & firing begin & end with him.  But Bethenny has his ear.  And I bet he does take her suggestions seriously.  So she absolutely has influence.  Is he hiring or firing anyone cuz she demands it -- or even just asks it?  Possibly, but Bethenny has such a swelled head at this point, I think she's over-estimating her influence. 

As far as the stuff Bethenny babbled about focus groups & viewer reaction?  That's the Bravo line & I don't believe they (well, actually, only Andy Cohen) use that to decide on whether to fire any one particular cast-member.  That is, unless someone is so overwhelmingly disliked by the audience.  Has that ever happened with anyone on this show other than Aviva?  Certainly, this does not apply to Carole.

Tick-tock, I'm still anxiously waiting to hear Carole's response.  Why is she hesitating to respond?  Hmmmmm . . .

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I'm waiting to see a response to Bethenny's nasty shit on Carole's twitter.  So far?  Crickets.

Carole talked about (in a TH) the "cycling" self-destructive repeat habits of the show's drunks.  But the cycling can also describe this Bethenny/Carole feud.  Didn't they seem to end this ep, saying "I love you" (OK, I know on this show that means I hate your stinkin' guts) & hugging each other?  So I guess they'll be back to throwing venom at each other next ep?

It's really hard to speculate what happened with Carole.  My hunch is to go along with SOME of what Bethenny said.  Not all of it, mind you.  Sure, she can be "brutally honest", but she can also lie like crazy.  And her POV might be off the mark.

So nobody has quit the show other than Bethenny?  Maybe that's how she sees it, but it might not be the whole story.  Look at the credits for the show.  Andy Cohen is the Executive Producer.  I'm pretty sure that hiring & firing begin & end with him.  But Bethenny has his ear.  And I bet he does take her suggestions seriously.  So she absolutely has influence.  Is he hiring or firing anyone cuz she demands it -- or even just asks it?  Possibly, but Bethenny has such a swelled head at this point, I think she's over-estimating her influence. 

As far as the stuff Bethenny babbled about focus groups & viewer reaction?  That's the Bravo line & I don't believe they (well, actually, only Andy Cohen) use that to decide on whether to fire any one particular cast-member.  That is, unless someone is so overwhelmingly disliked by the audience.  Has that ever happened with anyone on this show other than Aviva?  Certainly, this does not apply to Carole.

Tick-tock, I'm still anxiously waiting to hear Carole's response.  Why is she hesitating to respond?  Hmmmmm . . .

If she didn't respond I'd be more inclined to believe she left because of the toxic environment and not because she saw the writing on the wall, ir she was annoyed she wasn't backed by as many fans as she'd like. It would restore some credibility to her. It would also probably drive Bethany crazy.

• Love 12

What is it with Carol wearing these boudoir style outfits? Maybe they're okay inside the boudoir, but to walk around outside in them - ugh!!  Have you noticed also that since she started being close to Tinsley, she dressing in lacey things a lot, like she's emulating Tinsley.  How old is she now?? Ugh!  Also, if Carol is dropping Beth as a friend over the amount of text messages, she's a flakey friend.  I noticed  she used the phrase "It's a lot" a lot.  But I still want to know what was in those texts that was too much for Carol.  READ THE TEXTS CAROL!  

Dorinda was/is a drunken bully.  She really needs to look in the mirror.  She makes Luann look saintly for even trying to patch things up with her.

The boat ride was just as I presumed it would be - overhyped.  The producers need to quit with that crap.  

Well, it's apparent you all have very acute eyes and ears, as I missed (happily so) all the poop scenes, except the end part where the maid was scrubbing the mattress.  I pray I never get diarrhea that bad.  I would just die with humiliation.  But I am glad that trip is over.  Back to the CITY!!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, DelicateDee said:

Also, if Carol is dropping Beth as a friend over the amount of text messages, she's a flakey friend.  I noticed  she used the phrase "It's a lot" a lot.  But I still want to know what was in those texts that was too much for Carol.  READ THE TEXTS CAROL!  

I thought that she explained it better this episode it’s that they basically come in spurts and Bethenny expects them to be answered quickly or she gets upset. It’s that Bethenny always tries to constantly define the relationship and contact on her terms.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 20
9 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

If she didn't respond I'd be more inclined to believe she left because of the toxic environment and not because she saw the writing on the wall, ir she was annoyed she wasn't backed by as many fans as she'd like. It would restore some credibility to her. It would also probably drive Bethany crazy.

I'm not a Bethenny fan, but you made a good point earlier that Carole "used" her.  I agree.  Carole is really cunning.  She's just very subtle & casual about it & would deny being cunning up to the wazoo, but she is absolutely cunning nevertheless.  Sure, it's driving Bethenny nuts that Carole ain't living in her ass anymore.  But Carole has to know that.  It's like she's working Bethenny purposely.  She did it last ep & she's doing it this ep -- I mean driving it home to Bethenny (in a shit-ton of not-so-subtle ways) that she ain't into her.  It's pretty mean.  Yeah, Bethenny is spewing venom at Carole.  But the nastiness is cutting both ways.

Let's keep in mind, Carole got a lot out of a friendship with Bethenny.  She mentioned all the trips (last ep) where she invited Carole and Adam -- which we can assume she likely paid for (at least mostly).  And the many times she invited Carole to her Hamptons house.  Was the price of this for Carole to live up Bethenny's ass?  Well, that was her choice.  Did Carole finally have enough of living in Bethenny's ass?  She coulda eased outta this friendship in a kinder way.  I'm on Bethenny's side in this feud.  I don't like watching Bethenny spewing venom & putting a target on someone's back, but Carole hurt her pretty good, so she set this up.

• Love 14

Overdramatized or not, that boat ride looked pretty frightening.

NOW Bethenny's doing the same thing bringing up Carole every chance she gets! WTF is wrong with her?

She fell in luv, but Radzi didn't want to be run over by a skinny red U-Haul.

I’m loving Sonja this season!

This show wouldn't be shit (no pun intended) without Sonja. If she ain't making top bank for this gig, then something's wrong.

Interesting that he only apologized to Bethenny when he said nope to her outfits.  

Even more interesting is that he sides with Carole, and believes Beth's crying was manipulative.

She also couldn't stand it when Tins gave Carole a compliment.  Heck, you don't have to agree but you don't have to be so bitchy because it wasn't about your fashion sense.

Frankel really showed her bitter, jealous ass there. It really pains that shrew for any of them to be complimented, for anything.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 15

On WWHL, I saw that Dorinda more or less doubled down on feeling justified for what she said to Lu.  That and she reiterated how ridiculous the notion that she has a drinking problem is.  I don’t know how Andy kept a straight face.

• Love 18
29 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I thought that she explained it better this episode it’s that they basically come in spurts and Bethenny expects them to be answered quickly or she gets upset. It’s that Bethenny always tries to constantly define the relationship and contact on her terms.

That explanation was lame.  Unless you're having a conversation via text (and who does that?), dont texts always come in "spurts"?  Isn't that the main idea of texts?  I know that when I send somebody a text, I'm hoping for a quick response, unless its just to relay an update, for instance, "on my way, be there in 5", etc.  I don't know what amount of effort or time it would've taken Carol to respond to B's texts.  I think her non responses were why B kept sending them.  She didn't understand why her "friend" was not responding.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, DelicateDee said:

That explanation was lame.  Unless you're having a conversation via text (and who does that?), dont texts always come in "spurts"?  Isn't that the main idea of texts?  I know that when I send somebody a text, I'm hoping for a quick response, unless its just to relay an update, for instance, "on my way, be there in 5", etc.  I don't know what amount of effort or time it would've taken Carol to respond to B's texts.  I think her non responses were why B kept sending them.  She didn't understand why her "friend" was not responding.  

I guess it varies but based on what she texted to the red scarf guy I completely got what Carrol meant. People have different text languages but based on how they were talking about it there will be gaps of time where they aren’t regularly communicating and then she suddenly gets a burst of texts which are more conversational and not something that needs an immediate response. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

I guess it varies but based on what she texted to the red scarf guy I completely got what Carrol meant. People have different text languages but based on how they were talking about it there will be gaps of time where they aren’t regularly communicating and then she suddenly gets a burst of texts which are more conversational and not something that needs an immediate response. 

Carole might also need more time to respond in texts. Like how she has more or different things to say in her THs than in the actual scenes.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, chewycandy said:

Carole might also need more time to respond in texts. Like how she has more or different things to say in her THs than in the actual scenes.

Well and we know she can’t ever meet a deadline!

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It could be that Carole was busy for a few hours at a time and did not respond. This is normal. Real life trumps texts. 

At least I would hope so. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Steph J said:

Really? No one ever leaves of their own volition except you? Because only you would never be fired?

Given how much of this season has been built around the Bethenny/Carole feud, I don't really believe that Bravo wouldn't ask Carole to return.  They'd ride that horse into the ground and beyond (although I know that for some viewers, it feels like they've already done so).  But I can see Carole deciding to leave because, really, life is too short for this shit and the portrayal hasn't exactly been flattering to either of them.  I can also see Bethenny giving Bravo an ultimatum and telling them that it's her or Carole.  But I can't see Bravo deciding on its own not to bring Carole back.

I believe Carole on this one.  I think Andy would never fire Carole, not that Bethenny wouldn't demand it.   I doubt if Bethenny has the clout she might have once had.  Bethenny has to come in first and she has to win and this is her statement about it. She won again in her brain. 

I'm glad Carole left for her sake, and because I could not endure another season of  the storyline.  

8 hours ago, albarino said:

I've said earlier my working theory is Carole was angry with Beth for calling Adam "behind her back" and then calling him an "operator."  In this episode, B hasn't yet figured it out and wonders if Carole is too cool for her.  No, Carole will never forgive you for calling Adam and then dissing him.  Why doesn't Carole just come clean about it?

I believe it.  Jackie died in that time's version of hospice care.  She was in her apartment "dying" for quite a few weeks.  Anthony was John's best friend and John was very close to his mother.  From stories of the time, good friends came and went to keep Jackie company and say goodbye to her.  

• Love 21