Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Ship Happens

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think that's why they had to leave the private Kahlua Island.

Luann was practicing inside, the whales heard it and thought it was mating season as they converged towards the sound

animated-laughing-image-0182.gif

• Love 7
On August 3, 2018 at 5:02 PM, RedheadZombie said:

And Ramona was such a good sport!

I doubt these women have ever taken an Immodium in their life.  They probably ride it out and then step on the scale.

But ... They were traveling!  Yikes.   And some of them were wearing white pants.  You can bet I wouldn't be wearing white pants if I were having digestive issues!  

• Love 14

Thanks, SCS . . . I needed that after all the intrigue, high drama, mystery, alcohol, and poop this week. That was visual overload the first time I saw it, and even more so now.  There is so much "odd" in that clip. The whole mother-daughter act is weird, but I'm not a cool mother of a millennial. Andy rocking out with his goofy face. The dancer auditioning for Britney's Vegas show holding his privates, the two "real" musicians pretend playing, and then there is the audio. I could go on, but I want to watch it again. 

Edited by itsadryheat
typo
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I found this pic and it looks like there are scenes in Colombia we missed. I hope they have a Secrets revealed episode.

I know Bethenny bought that dress - she was admiring it and swinging back and forth in front of the mirror when Sonja was in her room.

Dorinda has her gladiator sandals on again.

I don't remember Tinsley's glam squad doing her hair like this

Or am I having a total brain fart and they did wear these outfits on a night out in Colombia and I forgot?

28430526_151198625570600_854619434011485

Didn’t they wear these outfits in the scene/flashback of them dancing? 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, chewycandy said:

I'm not sure...it was such a fast clip and I could have sworn Dorinda said she went straight to bed after the boat trip

• Love 3
6 hours ago, chewycandy said:

I love love love Bethenny’s, Luann’s and Tinsley’s dresses and red shoes.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Hilarious! Bethenny is about as warm as Jack Frost’s nuts in a January snowstorm. 

Ya think ?  I’ve never seen one emotion out of Carole since watching, unless I’m missing something, lol.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

I agree with most of what you said.  The thing that bothers me the most is that I don't feel that we got any concrete reason as to why the B & C friendship went caput..  At one point,  it seemed that they buried the ghost  hatchet, and were good to go.  The next episode, they're acting all distant and barely polite to each other.  I feel that loyal viewers deserved more insight and truth to why this friendship disintegrated.  I just don't buy the view that it's all because B is so needy, controlling, selfish, cruel, talks behind her back with nastiness, etc., etc.  Oh well, I guess the truth will reveal itself sooner or later.  

I wonder if Bethenny and Carole even know why they are fighting anymore. It seems to have gotten all muddy. And you are right! It takes two to tango.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Sharonana said:

I wonder if Bethenny and Carole even know why they are fighting anymore. It seems to have gotten all muddy. And you are right! It takes two to tango.

I also think this fight was a two way street. Both Carole and Bethany are pretty self-centered people who I think are used to being “The Star” in a friendship. I think Bethany is used to being Little Miss “You’re so hard working” and Carole is used to being Little Miss “You’re so talented”. In other words I think they are both used to people coming to them, but with two of them it was bound to blow up.  I do think the root is Bethenny not liking Adam. I highly doubt that the PR thing was the first time Bethenny let her suspicions about Adam out. As a result I think Carole distance herself a bit. As a result I think Bethenny got insecure and needy. As a result Carole got overwhelmed and shut down. As a result Bethanny got hurt and angry. As a result Carole got defensive and mean. As a result Bethany got mean back. So on and so on.

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

I also think this fight was a two way street. Both Carole and Bethany are pretty self-centered people who I think are used to being “The Star” in a friendship. I think Bethany is used to being Little Miss “You’re so hard working” and Carole is used to being Little Miss “You’re so talented”. In other words I think they are both used to people coming to them, but with two of them it was bound to blow up.  I do think the root is Bethenny not liking Adam. I highly doubt that the PR thing was the first time Bethenny let her suspicions about Adam out. As a result I think Carole distance herself a bit. As a result I think Bethenny got insecure and needy. As a result Carole got overwhelmed and shut down. As a result Bethanny got hurt and angry. As a result Carole got defensive and mean. As a result Bethany got mean back. So on and so on.

Haha yep! Pretty much this! ^

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Sharonana said:

At one point Bethenny said something alluding what happened this summer, like it was an unspoken event.  This was after the whole Adam is an operator came out.  So what else happened this summer that is the event that must not be named. The reunion gossip mentioned a file that Bethenny never opened.  Was the receipt for this summer in the file?  Maybe this is why we all keep questioning what happened.  It just doesn’t feel like the whole story.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Ya think ?  I’ve never seen one emotion out of Carole since watching, unless I’m missing something, lol.

I’m not talking about Carole. I’m talking about Bethenny. 

That said, if perhaps by warm you meant “overly and often inappropriately emotional,” then yes, I agree with you about Bethenny. 

Carole, on the other hand, is not. However, I’ve certainly seen her emote many times. She got sad(cried) on that first trip to St Barth’s when remembering the plane crash that killed Caroline and John Jr, she cried when she picked up Anthony’s urn, she certainly got very angry over the whole Aviva situation, she got emotional when she finished the marathon... etc.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Her scenes were emotional and authentic when she went to retrieve Anthony's ashes with Dorinda, IMO.   As much as I hated Carole's elitist attitude during the election, I still have sympathy for what she went through in regards to Anthony's illness and death. 

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

At one point Bethenny said something alluding what happened this summer, like it was an unspoken event.  This was after the whole Adam is an operator came out.  So what else happened this summer that is the event that must not be named. The reunion gossip mentioned a file that Bethenny never opened.  Was the receipt for this summer in the file?  Maybe this is why we all keep questioning what happened.  It just doesn’t feel like the whole story.  

In the article that I read, the source reported that the file that Bethenny kept picking up and putting back down without opening was revealed to be a collection of Carole's blogs.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Her scenes were emotional and authentic when she went to retrieve Anthony's ashes with Dorinda, IMO.   As much as I hated Carole's elitist attitude during the election, I still have sympathy for what she went through in regards to Anthony's illness and death. 

I will give her that too. The only time Carole seems genuine to me is when she talks about her marriage. It’s interesting because she will also say things that feel very genuine but not particularly self-aware (it was perfect, we never fought, stuff like that). Not that I blame her. They never had the chance to hit that 7-Year-Itch point where you’re fighting over shit like who’s going to pick up the dry cleaning and hating the way the other person chews. They were always in a honeymoon period of sorts. A super difficult and traumatic honeymoon, but one all the same. All this to say, I do think she was deeply traumatized by the period of her life. The Carole before What Remains may be very different then the one we see today. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

The Carole before What Remains may be very different then the one we see today. 

But...but...Carole, herself, I told Bethenny during this episode that she's the same Carole she was 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 30 years ago.

She hasn't changed at all!

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Thumper said:

But ... They were traveling!  Yikes.   And some of them were wearing white pants.  You can bet I wouldn't be wearing white pants if I were having digestive issues!  

White pants nor white bikini! Maybe that's why Lu changed into a black one.

Nor would I get on a boat, unless I had to, if it felt like my bowels were going to blow. Ugh. Cramping, a rocking boat while having to stay seated on a toilet which is located  in  a space the size of a tiny closet, is miserable.  Or so I've been told.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, chewycandy said:

I can't get past Tinsley's hair. It looks like a baby goat's horns trying to push through. From the neck down, she looks great!

• Love 7
On 8/1/2018 at 9:22 PM, Straycat80 said:

Bethenny still yapping about Carole, Carole walks in, sits down, B. still yapping. Ramona and Sonja should have kicked B. Under the table or something. What a shit show this is but I love it! 

I think at some point during her tirade, Bethenny became aware that Carole walked in, her speaking rhythm blipped slightly, but she didn't care and probably wanted Carole to hear what Bethenny started saying at that point. What Carole heard then wasn't damaging, lots of "I loved her"s.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I can't get past Tinsley's hair. It looks like a baby goat's horns trying to push through. From the neck down, she looks great!

LOL re-enactment

Here's Tinsley...Scott just arrived at her NYC Hotel Room after a break-up

Insert mewling sounds

giphy.gif

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

That said, if perhaps by warm you meant “overly and often inappropriately emotional,” then yes, I agree with you about Bethenny. 

Carole, on the other hand, is not. However, I’ve certainly seen her emote many times. She got sad(cried) on that first trip to St Barth’s when remembering the plane crash that killed Caroline and John Jr, she cried when she picked up Anthony’s urn, she certainly got very angry over the whole Aviva situation, she got emotional when she finished the marathon... etc.

Whatever.  Difference of opinion here.  

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I think at some point during her tirade, Bethenny became aware that Carole walked in, her speaking rhythm blipped slightly, but she didn't care and probably wanted Carole to hear what Bethenny started saying at that point. What Carole heard then wasn't damaging, lots of "I loved her"s.

Yes, that was interesting. My husband, who's not exactly Mr. Sensitivity, said, "Why didn't one of them say, "Oh hi, Carole", when she walked up? That scene was a bit of an eyebrow raiser.

14 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Whatever.  Difference of opinion here.  

"And that's...okay"

(Anyone else remember Al Franken as Stuart Smalley on SNL?)

• Love 11
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Absolutely .. any death is a heartbreak.  I read her book and could sympathize.  I’m talking about her nonchalant attitude when engaging with the girls, especially lately.  To say that I thought her “cold” regarding a tragedy, such as Anthony, John, jr, Carolyn and ashes is ridiculous.  Her over the top election air time was too much, I agree.

• Love 6
On 8/2/2018 at 12:11 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

I know, but the producers made sure to film these broads screaming & doing their usual over-dramatics.  How about at least one shot of crew members doing their jobs or trying to calm them down?  Idk, I'm suspicious something doesn't seem right.

Sorry if someone beat me to this, but I have a feeling the cameras were put down and no more footage was shown because of any potential lawsuits. Bravo probably worries about any footage being used as evidence against them. Either by a housewife or crew or boat captain.

Don't know why they didn't film the rest of the night once they were on land....maybe the housewives kept referencing it and saying too much? Maybe camera guys were sick? Who knows?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

To say that I thought her “cold” regarding a tragedy, such as Anthony, John, jr, Carolyn and ashes is ridiculous.

Respectfully, to be clear, I was responding to your post that said " I’ve never seen one emotion out of Carole since watching, unless I’m missing something."  I didn't imply that you were cold regarding Anthony's death.   :)

I'm glad that Carole calmed down about the election.  I couldn't have taken that attitude the entire season!  I don't read her blogs, so if she's still like that, I'm blissfully unaware.  FWIW, I hope Tinsley will be back next season.  I like her seemingly glass half-full attitude.   

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I think Carole feels a lot, but she’s feels for things that affect her. She has no empathy though for others. I’m not even talking about having empathy for Bethenny because it’s obvious they are in an all out war but even with the housewives she doesn’t have a current issue with. There was a definite glee in her eye and voice when talking about Lu’s arrest, when B and Ramona went at it no one enjoyed that more than Carole, when Kristen (yawn) and Heather were at odds she was there to hear all about it and egg the situation on. 

IMHO Carole has no empathy for any of these women, maybe because she doesn’t consider them friends but still one can feel empathy for strangers that are going through a tough time and I just don’t see that in Carole. 

2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

LOL re-encactment

Here's Tinsley...Scott just arrived at her NYC Hotel Room after a break-up

Insert mewling sounds

giphy.gif

I’m at work in a funeral home/cemetery combo and i just laughed so loud i think i just woke the dead. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Respectfully, to be clear, I was responding to your post that said " I’ve never seen one emotion out of Carole since watching, unless I’m missing something."  I didn't imply that you were cold regarding Anthony's death.   :)

I'm glad that Carole calmed down about the election.  I couldn't have taken that attitude the entire season!  I don't read her blogs, so if she's still like that, I'm blissfully unaware.  FWIW, I hope Tinsley will be back next season.  I like her seemingly glass half-full attitude.   

Yes, I know that.  ? being that it’s 94 degrees here. Lol.

On 8/4/2018 at 11:14 AM, Juniebaby said:

Just something I noticed in that pic, Bethenny is standing on her toes to appear taller.

I read a story the other day that said the newest trend in photos is Barbie feet. If you put your feet in the "Barbie" pose it, allegedly, makes your legs look longer and leaner, and we KNOW how Bethenny feels about being/looking skinny.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bagger said:

I think Carole feels a lot, but she’s feels for things that affect her. She has no empathy though for others. I’m not even talking about having empathy for Bethenny because it’s obvious they are in an all out war but even with the housewives she doesn’t have a current issue with. There was a definite glee in her eye and voice when talking about Lu’s arrest, when B and Ramona went at it no one enjoyed that more than Carole, when Kristen (yawn) and Heather were at odds she was there to hear all about it and egg the situation on. 

IMHO Carole has no empathy for any of these women, maybe because she doesn’t consider them friends but still one can feel empathy for strangers that are going through a tough time and I just don’t see that in Carole. 

I’m at work in a funeral home/cemetery combo and i just laughed so loud i think i just woke the dead. 

Thank you Bagger.  You explained exactly what I meant, but much, much better. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Thank you Bagger.  You explained exactly what I meant, but much, much better. 

I always feel like I’m babbling but then one of you gets me and that’s all the encouragement I need. 

Cheers!

• Love 10
6 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Totally agree! During the confrontation between the two of them in the Bezerkshires, Bethenny even said "Can we be done with Adam yet?" which made me believe she didn't care for him (or didn't care to compete with him for Carole's attention).

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ryebread said:

Lol

1 hour ago, bagger said:

giphy.gif

I couldn't resist

Re-enactment

Tinsley's Glam Squad result for a night out in Cartagena...or anywhere

hqdefault.jpg

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Totally agree! During the confrontation between the two of them in the Bezerkshires, Bethenny even said "Can we be done with Adam yet?" which made me believe she didn't care for him (or didn't care to compete with him for Carole's attention).

Geeze.  I hope Adam was worth a broken friendship and an end to a job.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I read a story the other day that said the newest trend in photos is Barbie feet. If you put your feet in the "Barbie" pose it, allegedly, makes your legs look longer and leaner, and we KNOW how Bethenny feels about being/looking skinny.

Actually I think it is because Bethenny has ugly feet - well one of them is severely warped---not sure if it is hammer toe - bunion - I saw it some time back when she was in a yoga pose on a boat - she was with Carole I think Galapagos Islands

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

After hearing of his service dog caper he’s not worth the spit in my mouth.

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Uggg, Carole just grates on me.  I think she left her friendship with B because Tinsley is a younger friend and Carole wants to pretend to be young.  Her use of "hashtag" this; wearing her Beats headphones around her neck like a millennial in the car with Tinsley on their way to Dorinda's spa weekend or dating a much younger man.   What??  You were going to listen to your Beats in a car with your friend??  right.  

Adam used her for her influence in town.  And really what makes Carole so busy?  She hasn't had a job outside a few free lance ones.  And why didn't she stick up for Sonja when Dorinda was all up about the Morgan crest?  Carole lives on her last name, too.  

• Love 10

I thought Bethany showed a lot of warmth this episode with how she talked to Dorinda, especially since Dorinda made it her job to be the "bone carrier, tm Sheree, RHoAT." She didn't let petty b.s. stop her from being a caring person to a friend in need.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Sunnykm said:

And why didn't she stick up for Sonja when Dorinda was all up about the Morgan crest?  Carole lives on her last name, too.  

Interesting point. Now you make me wonder why she didn’t either. As we have seen Dorinda (especially Dorinda 2.0 on booze) can be a formidable opponent. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sunnykm said:

Uggg, Carole just grates on me.  I think she left her friendship with B because Tinsley is a younger friend and Carole wants to pretend to be young.  Her use of "hashtag" this; wearing her Beats headphones around her neck like a millennial in the car with Tinsley on their way to Dorinda's spa weekend or dating a much younger man.

Carole kinda reminds me of Madonna. Someone who could be, and used to be, so cool but begins to think cool=young so does everything she can to look young and hip, dating younger men, dressing or accessorizing like people 30 year their junior. Every time I see Madonna now all I can think of is take that damn grill out your mouth, woman, you sound ridiculous. Being "cool" or "hip" has nothing to do with age, I'd describe as not caring what anyone else thinks, the moment you try to second guess it you look like a Carole or a Madonna. Not good. I'm not a fan of Bethenny but I can see why Carole and Tinsley's friendship would bother her. It doesn't seem genuine on Carole's part. I actually thought it was kind of sweet when Bethenny was rubbing Carole's back on the boat while she was puking. You can tell she still cares about Carole and while I found her tantrums and meltdowns on the trip tiresome I don't entirely blame her for feeling that way. Carole is so chummy with Bethenny that really has to hurt seeing your former BFF cozying up to someone else and acting cold and distant towards you.  

• Love 9

In Carole, I see someone who: 1) has educated herself about narcissistic personality disorder and refuses to get pulled into Bethenny’s vortex; and 2) knows she’s moving on and wants to leave with dignity.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Sunnykm said:

And why didn't she stick up for Sonja when Dorinda was all up about the Morgan crest?  Carole lives on her last name, too.  

It wasn't her fight.  Maybe she didn't want to get pulled into another argument.  Sometimes it's best to remain mum on matters that aren't that important.  That way you don't piss somebody else off.    ;)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Interesting point. Now you make me wonder why she didn’t either. As we have seen Dorinda (especially Dorinda 2.0 on booze) can be a formidable opponent. 

Why would she upset the Apple cart? Dorinda is on her side already she gains nothing by giving Sonja the assist against Dorinda’s babble. There’s no upside for Carol

• Love 2