Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Ship Happens

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

My enjoyment of the trip was impacted by Carole's constant talking behind Bethany's back, shit stirring, sidling up to Sonja to find a new knife to shove up Bethany's butt, desperate attention seeking through her "fasion" choices, need to talk shit about Bethany all the time, and overall, "my shit don't stink" demeanor.

I can't be happier that this lazy, pretentious snob with an inflated sense of self is gone.

Slight edit

My enjoyment of the trip Season 10 was impacted by Carole's constant talking behind Bethany's back, shit stirring, sidling up to Sonja to find a new knife to shove up Bethany's butt,  desperate attention seeking through her "fasion" choices, need to talk shit about Bethany all the time, and overall, "my shit don't stink" demeanor.

I can't be happier that this lazy, pretentious snob with an inflated sense of self is gone.

Is this the first time the HW's got sick like this on a group trip?

I'm blaming Carole and her earring gifting. Bethenny and Tinsley didn't wear their gifts and were saved from the Hershey Squirts.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

You know, I watched in disbelief the many, many, many scenes of Dorinda, just in this ep & the last ep alone, drunk as a skunk, looking disheveled, with smeared lipstick & a drunkard's red splotches all over her face, while lifting the back of her dress to scratch her ass to the cam.  Isn't she embarassed as fuck to watch herself behave this way on national TV -- particularly for someone over 50?

Seriously, how can Dorinda look at herself in this ep & the last one, looking so sloppy, with messed up lipstick & slurring her words & walking wobbly, and not think something is up?  Jeez, delusional much?

You just read my mind.  She has balls to go on t.v. and say she only had one drink.  I really can’t stand her drunken big mouth always thinking she is right, and hugging and kissing everyone after she bashes them.  Phoney.  She is disgusting to watch.  Andy should tell her she can’t come back until she cleans up her act.  

• Love 13
20 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

, it's apparent you all have very acute eyes and ears, as I missed (happily so) all the poop scenes, except the end part where the maid was scrubbing the mattress.  I pray I never get diarrhea that bad.  I would just die with humiliation. 

And if, God forbid, you ever do it’s not on television with millions watching

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

They think they are better than you and show it by being mean, condescending and oblivious to what the other person does and thinks.  They are Snobs.  Often, I’ve seen Carole talk down, not “to” certain people.  

I did notice that Carole was the only one to acknowledge Margarita when she was telling the group they needed to go back. 

21 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Her attitude is the problem. 

If I was in the same situation, I would have jokingly said I left a present too, because what else can you do? It’s embarrassing, and they were leaving. 

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

So, I have a question.

If you are on vacation and get sick, causing diarrhea to get on your bed, what do you do?

It sounds like some think Lu should have replaced the mattress.  They are bodily functions that happen to everyone.  I’m sure plenty of women have left period blood behind, not to mention the mess from having sex on the mattress.  I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

I think it’s the fact she laughed and said it be a surprise for them to find meaning she didn’t tell them hey look I’m sorry I was sick but hid it and snuck out I mean honestly what would Ms Manners say. 

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

When she is with Tinsley and Dorinda she is at the center, as opposed to being backup. As opposed to when she was with Bethany. I bet it buuurned.

Also, that outfit would be so much more interesting the second time if she had styled it differently at all. I suppose that might be a bit creative for her though. We wouldn't expect such a fashionista to deviate. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ShawnaLanne said:

When she is with Tinsley and Dorinda she is at the center, as opposed to being backup. As opposed to when she was with Bethany. I bet it buuurned.

Also, that outfit would be so much more interesting the second time if she had styled it differently at all. I suppose that might be a bit creative for her though. We wouldn't expect such a fashionista to deviate. 

I don't think she has ANY personal style. The outfit would have looked much better if she paired it with nude panties. I think she adds the junk accessories and color to draw the eye to anywhere but the face.

• Love 7

I think it's less that Luann should have replaced the mattress or cleaned up the bed, and more that she should not have been smirking about leaving a gross mess and making a joke about leaving a present. Like I said previously, if staff had found her changing the bed or whatever, they would have insisted she stop and let them do it.... why be intentionally asshole?

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Rap541 said:

I think it's less that Luann should have replaced the mattress or cleaned up the bed, and more that she should not have been smirking about leaving a gross mess 

Do we know how nasty it was—what if it was a simple stain? It just doesn’t seem like assholish behavior to me; I’d still be sorry/mortified for having left it, and I bet she was too. Oh well...enough about Luann’s poo. Lol 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

If I was in the same situation, I would have jokingly said I left a present too, because what else can you do? It’s embarrassing, and they were leaving. 

I get what you're saying and it's not wrong.

It's just there are social and economic realities that go along with someone like LuAnn making a flippant comment like that which may be why someone would view it negatively even if it were completely innocent.

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I get what you're saying and it's not wrong.

It's just there are social and economic realities that go along with someone like LuAnn making a flippant comment like that which may be why someone would view it negatively even if it were completely innocent.

I see what you mean. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Finally a response from Carole on her twitter.  She's being weird & super coy -- following the Bravo line by not really replying at all to Bethenny's accusation.  Not surprised.  Not.  One.  Bit.  She was probably ordered by Andy Cohen not to reveal any of his secrets.  Bethenny kinda did, but she's on a whole different level than Carole.

I am not on twitter but just looked at Carole's account and am not sure what response you are referring to? Since I am not on twitter I didn't realize that when people have posted that Carole is selling her old clothes, that she is selling them on twitter. How embarrassing for her. Between that, and her shilling for a mish mash of companies, I find it hard to believe that she doesn't need the RHONY money. Or that she has something to replace it with. 

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

37388537_1053122724850066_15328953543184

Luann looks the best in this shot.

Where is Carole? I thought no one could stand Beth and she ruined the trip for everyone according to Carole? The 5 minus Carole look pretty cosy - even Carole's new BFF Tins has her arm around Beth. 

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Good lord that is one ugly outfit. I like Tins's though - cute style and pretty colours. Even Dorinda's outfit looks appropriate. Carole looks like Morticia Addams died her hair brown. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

ITA that NONE of these broads have much going on in their lives that they're willing to talk much about.  So yeah, Carole really has nothing going on.  But when has she?  Ever?  So the excuse of getting rid of her cuz she's got nothin' goin' on & she's really a snooze & a bore?  That coulda been used for the last 5 of her 6 seasons.

Nope, I think Bethenny went to Andy Cohen & asked him to boot Carole cuz she was annoying her.  And so he did.  Not any more complicated than that.  And Andy Cohen told Carole she better keep her yap shut about the deets on her getting fired.  That's just the way things work there.

Now Bethenny spilled the beans on Carole getting fired.  Would Andy Cohen be pissed at her for doing that?  Doubt it.  She seems to able to get away with a lot -- certainly way more than anyone on any of Andy Cohen's shows.

So Carole (on her twitter) is all light & breezy & cool, cool, cool about getting fired -- even tho she's not admitting to being fired.  Er, I'm not buying it.

I mean, that's your conspiracy theory, Scoobs. I don't think Carole was fired, so there's that. If your thought, though, is that she was fired but she's not going to admit that she was fired, then what's your expectation from Carole at this point? Every day that Carole lives her life is going to be "Remember how Carole was fired but didn't want to talk about being fired?" spoken as though it's fact that she was fired.

• Love 15

Well, from the other side of the pool.  The runs sometimes just happens.  It doesn't mean that you just left 'feces' on the bed.  It may well not have been a gross mess.  It may well mean that there was a stain.  It happens.  Just like when you have a period.  I don't think that Lu was being flippant but rather she was like yeah, that happened.  I don't know.  What do you do?  Do you call housekeeping and say I stained the bed. Bring supplies up to my room.   Do they need to be notified.  It's their last day.  It's not like she did it on purpose.  Heck.  Shit happens. 

As for the picture... Well, where is Sonja?  Heck.  Maybe Carole is taking the picture.  I just can't read that much into one photo.

As for texting.  Talking about Beth and Carole.  For me, a text doesn't always equate emergency response needed.   I've sent and received texts that weren't immediately responded to.  I don't feel the need to tend to a text if I'm doing something else at the time.  I think Beth is one of those people who demand immediate response.  Heck.  We saw it when she called Dennis to get her a plane.  Life revolves around her in Beth's world.  It's not Beth's world. 

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I mean, that's your conspiracy theory, Scoobs. I don't think Carole was fired, so there's that. If your thought, though, is that she was fired but she's not going to admit that she was fired, then what's your expectation from Carole at this point? Every day that Carole lives her life is going to be "Remember how Carole was fired but didn't want to talk about being fired?" spoken as though it's fact that she was fired.

My opinion: Carole doesn't care, she is just happy to be off this crazy carousel. I'm happy for her.

9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I think Beth is one of those people who demand immediate response.  Heck.  We saw it when she called Dennis to get her a plane.  Life revolves around her in Beth's world.  It's not Beth's world. 

But then Dennis didn't answer. After multiple calls from Beth. So no private plane for Beth. That's probably when he decided to step away from her. LOL. He started to see the crazy coming.

When you see crazy coming, you cross the street.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Luann looks the best in this shot.

This is a nice pic.  Look at Dorinda hanging all over Lu, her good friend that she read for filth just the night before and again that morning.  Lol!  I would have liked to see one with all of them, though.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Well, Sonja lives her life OK in delusions, so maybe Carole will too . . .

• Love 6
On 8/2/2018 at 9:26 PM, biakbiak said:

I thought that she explained it better this episode it’s that they basically come in spurts and Bethenny expects them to be answered quickly or she gets upset. It’s that Bethenny always tries to constantly define the relationship and contact on her terms.

I don't see where Bethenny always tries to constantly define the relationship and contact on her terms.  And since we weren't privy to the texts, how do you know this?  She was just trying to connect with her "friend", who apparently was out of state and thus  not around to talk to.  No, Carol doesn't have to respond immediately if unable to, but it seems that before too long, she could shoot off a short text indicating that she'll get back to her soon or that she'll call her when she has a moment.  And just what is Carol doing that would make it soo hard to respond to a text?  Sitting on someone's couch eating M&M's.  I would think that if B was trying to be soo controlling, that she would inundate C with phone calls, not texts, as texts are a more discrete form of communication.   

Maybe it's been said, but I think Carol got bent because Bethenny wasn't there physically cheering her on at the marathon, so BFF, Over!  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, DelicateDee said:

And since we weren't privy to the texts, how do you know this?  Sh

Because it’s literally what Carole said to Bethenny and she didn’t disagree. She said that even though they were both busy that when Bethenny decides to text her she wants to get a response quickly and for once Bethenny was silent and didn’t try to contradict her.

• Love 15

Someone on Carole's Twitter said the show will "collapse" without her.  Oh please.  She replied by saying these shows go on.  Duh, Carole.  Well, at least she's a realist -- or seems to be.   Eh, she'll be easily replaced.  She just didn't add much anymore.  I suspect that's why Andy Cohen fired her, whether Bethenny asked him to or not.

As far as seeming exhilarated at being free of these broads?  I'm sure it'll kick in to her pretty quick that she'll be missing out on a lot of dough too.  Somehow, I don't think she'll be too thrilled about that cuz now she's gonna have to get off her lazy ass & hustle -- or find other rich peeps to mooch off.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Man, Carole sure made some lousy choices, eh?  And because of those bad choices, she's off the show now.  And if we're to believe Bethenny (and I do), it was not her choice.  At this point, she was making hundreds of thousands.  Would she really give that up for a nonexistent writing or "producing" career?  She said a few years ago when they were re-negotiating contracts, she needs the dough.

Look, I called this long ago, when she was living in Bethenny's ass -- that this was a terrible choice for Carole to make.  And I knew it wouldn't end well.  

It’s like being friends with someone in the mafia....what if they get mad at you?  It’s hard to be friends with someone knowing there are severe consequences if you ever fall out of favor with them for some reason.  Be friendly with that person, but don’t be friends.  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

You know, I watched in disbelief the many, many, many scenes of Dorinda, just in this ep & the last ep alone, drunk as a skunk, looking disheveled, with smeared lipstick & a drunkard's red splotches all over her face, while lifting the back of her dress to scratch her ass to the cam.  Isn't she embarassed as fuck to watch herself behave this way on national TV -- particularly for someone over 50?

Seriously, how can Dorinda look at herself in this ep & the last one, looking so sloppy, with messed up lipstick & slurring her words & walking wobbly, and not think something is up?  Jeez, delusional much?

I’m sure her response would be that she is putting on a show; it’s for our entertainment.  What else could she say?  

• Love 4
20 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Maybe it’s because I am the mom of a nine-year-old boy, but it bothered me, what happened to that dead crab’s body. I am always telling my son to respect other creatures. (I know that it’s minor compared to all the other stuff.)

YES.  I was very bothered that the crab lots its little life as a result of their joking antics.  That crab shouldn't have been killed over their silliness.  

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, RabbiBeth said:

YES.  I was very bothered that the crab lots its little life as a result of their joking antics.  That crab shouldn't have been killed over their silliness.  

It wasn’t killed. Their first instinct was to put it back into the water, but it’s color and reactions indicated it was dead. Only when they realized it was dead they made the decision to use it as a joke because it was dead. I guess there could be an argument about how we deal with dead things but all of these women eat crab, including Bethenny, since often animals arekilled in more problematic ways, I have no issue. If they threw the body back into the sea, which I assumed the staff ended up doing with the remains of the crab it would also be broken up even more because of the rocks and been eaten/torn apart by sea creatures.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It wasn’t killed. There first instinct was to put it back into the water, but it’s color and reactions indicated it was dead. Only when they realized it was dead they made the decision to use it as a joke because it was dead. I guess there could be an argument about how we deal with dead things but all of these women eat crab, including Bethenny, since often animals arekilled in more problematic ways, I have no issue. If they threw the body back into the sea, which I assumed the staff ended up doing with the remains of the crab it would also be broken up even more because of the rocks and been eaten/torn apart by sea creatures.

OH good - thanks, I didn't realize the crab was already dead.  I am glad they didn't cause it suffering or death.  

• Love 12

For me, these housewives shows are nothing but mindless entertainment. I don't take them that seriously. No one lives with these women or follows them around all day, so we can't really know some of the things that are being posted. All the conjecture, suppositions and speculations are really really weird. I am dismayed by the pile ons and mean comments. It's feeling really divisive in here. It's a shame that Carole and Bethenny can't find a way to repair the friendship they once had. Their feud has been allowed to drag on too long. It's no longer fun to watch. I like Carole but I'm glad she is moving on so that the negativity from their failing relationship can be put to rest. I hope all the women can move on from this.

• Love 13
On 8/2/2018 at 12:00 PM, sasha206 said:

Exactly.

I also think what throws Bethenny is unlike Jill, et. al., Carole  had a successful career, a successful book all on her own pre-RHONY.  She didn't need reality TV to put her in the social circles of Kennedys, Clooney, Sarandons, etc.  Carole has great connections on her own and has traveled in some incredible social circles.  Of course, I know Carole's former glory is long behind her, but I think Beth genuinely admires Carole so she can't just put her in the "this person is a spiteful kook" department.  

Bethenny is a warm person .. Carole is a cold person.  They don’t mix.  Oil & water.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, RabbiBeth said:

It appeared to already be dead. They checked it out on the pear.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I find it hard to believe that she doesn't need the RHONY money. Or that she has something to replace it with. 

She will probably have to marry Harry Dubin in a year or so.

• Love 7
On 8/3/2018 at 4:34 AM, weaver said:

I believe Carole on this one.  I think Andy would never fire Carole, not that Bethenny wouldn't demand it. 

I believe Carole, mostly because Andy has been friends with Carole a lot longer than he has been friends with Bethenny. And he actively campaigned for years to get Carole onto the show.

• Love 16

I find it hard to believe that she doesn't need the RHONY money. Or that she has something to replace it with. 

Maybe she's made wise investments.  I figured she's got some money, given that she has an apartment in NYC and a house in California.  I'm assuming she still has a place in California.  Same with Dorinda.  I would guess that she's made some wise investments in order to keep her 2 residences.  Her home would require a bit of upkeep and maintenance.  She needs some income in order to match the outgo of money for the both of them.  I don't think that the money from being on this show would cover near what it would cost to keep up her homes.  Real estates taxes alone would do me in!  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

I believe Carole, mostly because Andy has been friends with Carole a lot longer than he has been friends with Bethenny. And he actively campaigned for years to get Carole onto the show.

I think it was mutual .. time to go, and Andy let her go with dignity.  The right thing to do.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, RabbiBeth said:

The crab was dead when they found it on the pier, but yeah, I was a bit put off by their treatment of it even so.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Do we know how nasty it was—what if it was a simple stain? It just doesn’t seem like assholish behavior to me; I’d still be sorry/mortified for having left it, and I bet she was too. Oh well...enough about Luann’s poo. Lol 

Lu poo??? I may have quit the show, but danggit I can’t quit you-all and I don’t want to!!!

Snark on, sisters!  I’ll be here to enjoy it!

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Maybe she's made wise investments.  I figured she's got some money, given that she has an apartment in NYC and a house in California.  I'm assuming she still has a place in California.  Same with Dorinda.  I would guess that she's made some wise investments in order to keep her 2 residences.  Her home would require a bit of upkeep and maintenance.  She needs some income in order to match the outgo of money for the both of them.  I don't think that the money from being on this show would cover near what it would cost to keep up her homes.  Real estates taxes alone would do me in!  

Dorinda has a house there?  Maybe she should move and join the OC. They would get along perfectly.  Vickie would whip her ass.

• Love 3

Dorinda said: I went to Books and Bar and defended you. I almost got arrested because of you.

Did Dorinda put out a cigar in someone's forehead? Did she break stemware after just one drink? Were the police called?

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

My opinion: Carole doesn't care, she is just happy to be off this crazy carousel. I'm happy for her.

But then Dennis didn't answer. After multiple calls from Beth. So no private plane for Beth. That's probably when he decided to step away from her. LOL. He started to see the crazy coming.

When you see crazy coming, you cross the street.

If Dennis didn’t answer that S.O.S. Call from Bethenny, that speaks volumes.  Guess they are done for sure.  That’s another very big thing bothering Bethenny lately, besides Carole and the court hearing.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

She will probably have to marry Harry Dubin in a year or so.

I think Carole's next relationship will be with a woman.  If so, it's a pity she's leaving.  That's a lifestyle change we've not seen addressed.

24 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I figured she's got some money, given that she has an apartment in NYC and a house in California.  

I'll never believe in a million years that she owns a house in California.

13 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bethenny's nipples are about 3 inches too low for that suit. 

That suit would've suited Tinsley or Carole better. No boobies required.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

If Dennis didn’t answer that S.O.S. Call from Bethenny, that speaks volumes.  Guess they are done for sure.  That’s another very big thing bothering Bethenny lately, besides Carole and the court hearing.

Who was B talking to right before she joined them for lunch?  I thought that was Dennis and she said in her TH that just talking to him had calmed her down to the point that she saw leaving would just be a big drama?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Who was B talking to right before she joined them for lunch?  I thought that was Dennis and she said in her TH that just talking to him had calmed her down to the point that she saw leaving would just be a big drama?

Yes, you are right.  I forgot about that.  She did say she decided to stay.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Dorinda said: I went to Books and Bar and defended you. I almost got arrested because of you.

Did Dorinda put out a cigar in someone's forehead? Did she break stemware after just one drink? Were the police called?

That should be the last time anyone of them should accept any favors from Dorinda.  They all will hear about it at every meltdown, which are very frequent these days.

• Love 5