Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Ship Happens

• Start Topic

Who were the editors trying to target, showing that fashion moment with Carole and Tinsley, that Bethenny couldn't stand?  I want to say that they were targeting Bethenny, since her reaction was OTT and she'd just gone on an epic shopping spree the previous episode, and yet I was on B's side here.  That conversation was the definition of inane.  It's not just that they were discussing fashion.  But is pairing a headwrap/scarf with a hat really so incredible?  Without the show, how long will Carole be able to stand Tinsley?

As for Dorinda, does she really not see the link between her over-drinking and her dark, furious outbursts?  She does have a turning point, and Luann's only mistake was not seeing it soon enough.  She'd already turned, not "was starting to turn".

• Love 18

God, Dorinda is awful. Just awful. But, from personal experience, an alcoholic in denial becomes feral when confronted before they are ready.

Carole. Carole. The gaslighting. And both of them bickering like middle school witches.

Tinsley, smokey eye at breakfast is tacky AF 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 22
42 minutes ago, escatefromny said:

Good ear!  Dorinda attacked the banker with her shoe at the Regency (of course!) but in this episode, she references an incident at a different location - Bar and Books on the UES (which I remember being a cigar bar, meaning you can smoke, so I can see her there).

PS - sorry for posting fake Bethenny tweet.

Well, it may be fake, but I'd bet hard-earned cash that it's true.  Dorinda is on more than just booze.  No question about it for me. 

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, DelicateDee said:

Five pages of comments already and the episode hasn't even aired on the West Coast yet!  ??

Weird-I'm in the microwave oven know as Phoenix, and our episode airs at 6pm.

And we are in the same time zone.

A plus for living in the desert in the summer!

• Love 6

BEST episode ever!! Loved the whole boat thing, made me laugh my fool head off!! And my favorite moment of all?? Lu SHIT THE BED and she admitted it.  That poor housekeeper cleaning the mattress said it all.

Edited by goofygirl
As usual, typing!
  • Love 10
47 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I understand why they would want to, but I would imagine that the Captain and crew were a little busy trying to keep that vessel upright.

OK, did we see this?  A shot of them doing that woulda been nice.  See, that's what I mean.  This was filmed & edited in a way that was soooo non-dramatic -- other than that stupid blaring music.  From the previews, I was expecting so much more than this disappointing buncha nothing we got.

I was on a whale-watching boat last summer off Provincetown & it was rocking like crazy.  Seemed way worse than the buncha nothin' we just saw in this ep.  Idk, color me deeply unimpressed. 

And given what happened with the duck boat, I think they should NOT have aired this buncha nothin' scene at all & just re-edited to go in a maybe slightly different direction.  It would have been easy enough for producers to do & it would have been the respectful & right thing to do.  But Andy Cohen & Bravo clearly only care about ratings.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 10

Bethany. Drop it. It's over. Just drop it. Carole does not care. At all. About you. She used you.

1 minute ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

OK, did we see this?  A shot of them doing that woulda been nice.  See, that's what I mean.  This was filmed & edited in a way that was soooo non-dramatic -- other than that stupid blaring music.  From the previews, I was expecting so much more than this disappointing buncha nothing we got.

I was on a whale-watching boat last summer off Provincetown & it was rocking like crazy.  Seemed way worse than the buncha nothin' we just saw in this ep.  Idk, color me deeply unimpressed. 

And given what happened with the duck boat, I think they should NOT have aired this 3 minute buncha nothin'at all & just re-edited to go in a different direction.  It would have been easy enough for producers to do & it would have been the respectful & right thing to do.  But Andy Cohen & Bravo clearly only care about ratings.

Sonja said the camera people had to put the camera's down. Safety.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

So much has been posted already....  I did get a kick out of Beth talking about a 15 foot wave coming at the boat.  So in real terms it was probably 3 feet.  The problem that afternoon was the wind.  It was causing chop and white caps.  The whole boat scene was kind of disappointing.  I'm with Tins.  But yeah, I would have asked for the life jackets.  Weather happens and that wasn't all that bad. 

I'm come to the conclusion that 'torture' is Beth's favorite word.  Dinner was a slice of torture.  She was told she has a long torturous colon.  Honey, you haven't a clue about real torture.  Sorry, I just can't stand the exaggerating.  She also couldn't stand it when Tins gave Carole a compliment.  Heck, you don't have to agree but you don't have to be so bitchy because it wasn't about your fashion sense.

Yup, the cams were down, so our gal Bethenny, that bastion of truth & honesty, can now say those waves were 15 feet.  Sure it wasn't 800 feet, Bethenny?

Yeah, Bethenny is working over-time trying to get us to feel sorry for her.  Poor her.  Fancy vacays, beautiful homes, constant shopping for clothes, jewelry, bags, whatever.  Yeah, poor her. Boo-hoo-hoo.  When she starts with that stupid annoying fucking crying, I tune out quick.  Have no patience for that shit anymore.

5 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Sonja said the camera people had to put the camera's down. Safety.

I know, but the producers made sure to film these broads screaming & doing their usual over-dramatics.  How about at least one shot of crew members doing their jobs or trying to calm them down?  Idk, I'm suspicious something doesn't seem right.

• Love 23

The whole situation with Dorinda is so odd because she gets mad at Luann, seems to be sort of remorseful and then is extra embolden in her original feelings whenever they cut to her in the confessionals. Like saying "I could've been a lot meaner" is such a weird hill to die on. And she has managed to drift through this season, openly shit stirring and fighting with folks while everybody keeps making up excuses for her. I wonder what will happen at the reunion with the absence of Lu, I would hope some of the harsh glare turns onto Dorinda.

In regards the camera crew and footage, I remember way back when this was being reported as a thing that had happened, there were definitely bits about how not all of the things were going to be shown because there were whispers of some them wanting to sue.

And with the Bethenny/Carole stuff, Bethenny is getting dangerously close to giving a "Choose me, Love Me, Pick Me" speech a la Meredith Grey to Carole.

Edited by BloggerAloud
  • Love 20
10 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

What the heck is going on with Sonja’s hair in the THs? In one, it looks like she crimped her hair. In another, it looks like she took a wig out of a bag and just put it on, without combing it or tidying it up at all. 

It just highlights how pieced together from different interviews these confessionals are. I noticed it going from crimped to New Wig Who Dis

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I still wanna know why there was shit on the floor and neither Ramona or Sonja seemed to be embarrassed in the least and just kept walking through it. 

I could not believe that.

12 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

How do you leave human excrement on the floor? And how do you leave it on the floor, and not try to clean it up?

Right?  Watching the maids cleaning the mattresses is why I won't stay in a hotel.  Those women should be mortified.

How the hell does Ramona NOT know how to swim?  That can't be right.  I will never understand people who don't know how to swim.

• Love 10

And of course Sonja is swimming with her tag still attached so she can get more when she eventually consigns her bathing suit.  Also, Jesus.  Who wants to wear a bathing suit after Sonja.  Bleh.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

Is Adam contractually obligated to look like a giant ass in every Coupon Cabin commercial or does it just come naturally? Never mind, I know the answer.

Holding Baby! Are you fucking kidding me?

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I still wanna know why there was shit on the floor and neither Ramona or Sonja seemed to be embarrassed in the least and just kept walking through it. 

This needs to come up during the reunion show because I want to hear how a group of upper-class, elite women on a TV show could be so nasty.  Everyone has suffered from diarrhea but how many of us have lost control of our bowels to such an extreme?  It's absolutely disgusting.  Hope the staff at that house got paid extra to deal with that shit (pun intended).

• Love 22
7 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I've spent plenty of times on a boat but we've never had to cut off the anchor to avoid capsizing.

But that wasn’t what was happening when Tinsley said that, Sonja must only have had calm seas on her non existent yacht with John-John and Puffy, because when Tinsley said that Sonja was being ridiculous. On the tight edit it looks like Ramona is also freaking out but actually the longer clip she showed she is actually laughing while agreeing with Tinsley. 

Also, Sonja tug boats are built to pull gazillions times their weight so they are stable as shit.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, film noire said:

Luann's crap -- the woman left feces behind to be cleaned by a woman making pennies to every American dollar the Countess rakes in -- imo she is, by any definition, an entitled  piece of shit.

What was she supposed to do burn it? I doubt she willingly shit the bed. It can happen with diarrhea and it’s wouldn’t been great for Lu either who had to clean herself up and the mattress didn’t appear bad, we saw shit stains on the floor from either Ramona and Sonja and they could have easily cleaned up.

• Love 18
8 hours ago, Mozelle said:

What the hell kinda retcon is this? LOL. Bethenny said she's never had this kind of thing with a friend? I guess...Jill...hey, Jill!

This would've been the perfect moment for Jill to arrive at the house, screeching, "Bethennyyyyyyyy!!!"

And what about her two ex husbands?

• Love 14

Too many bodily functions for one episode ? Piss, vomit, shit, and verbal diarrhea!

The joyous highlight for me was Ramona freaking out in the hammock about the crab/spider! That was a moment of true hilarity for me ? ... tinged with almost the physical pain of imagining that was me in the hot seat, or hot hammock, and the blessed relief it wasn’t me going through that! Do we laugh harder when we are relieved it’s not us?!

As an aside, I note that so many posts tonight pose questions....so many things we don’t know... like where IS Evelyn posting online?

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

That's not Bethenny - it's a fake account

However there's a 100% chance Dorinda was coked up during the trip. Some have commented did Dorinda wake up drunk - maybe she never went to sleep

That's what I think.

• Love 4

The most funniest moment of this episode, or even this season, was when Bethenny was bitching about Carole and she walked in and Sonja's draw just drops and she breaks the fourth wall and looks right at the camera in muted horror! 

The boat ride from hell... I don't blame them for not being able to film, but that whole part could have edited a lot better. If they had inserted the talking heads into the boat sequence that would have made the editing of what was going on less less choppy (sorry) instead it was a bit of a let down after how much they built it up.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, snarts said:

It was too dangerous for the cameramen to continue filming on the boat,  but why skip filming that night? 

They were probably sicker than hell.

Here's what I don't get:  the house manager (and even Tinsley) said this happens every day around 3p.  So why did they feel the need to abandon the island immediately?  Does this condition last the rest of the day, and into the night?  Why not stay until the next day or until the waves pass?  They're at the Equator - light lasts long into the night, even at that time of the year.  I wouldn't be surprised if this was done to create the drama, but they over-played the hand here.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

In regards the camera crew and footage, I remember way back when this was being reported as a thing that had happened, there were definitely bits about how not all of the things were going to be shown because there were whispers of some them wanting to sue.

Exactly - there's a lawsuit in the works.  Everyone can Google it.  They probably had to be really choosy about the footage.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Exactly - there's a lawsuit in the works.  Everyone can Google it.  They probably had to be really choosy about the footage.

a lawsuit? I mean they have them on film bitching about needing to leave and saying they arnt in a dingy and they dont want to leave and they will be fine and that they should be able to stay longer even after being warned about the water getting bad.....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 6

How exactly could the housewives sue Bravo for what happened on the boat and hope to remain on the show? Wouldn't that condemn them to a firing or at least a lifetime of bad editing? 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Carole is just looking for things to pick on.  I loved B’s saying ‘yes and you were just talking to *** about something that just happened’.       So we are 5 minutes in and already I need Carole to STFU.

Yes to this!  She also needs to stop chewing with her mouth open.  It's disgusting to watch.  She's been called out on this numerous times on this board.  Why would she continue to eat like this.  Not very princessey.

• Love 15
11 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I get the feeling that if she didn't have money all of her friends and connections would view her as a garbage lowlife.

Agree.  If she didn't have money, she probably wouldn't even have those friends.  Probably be sitting at home alone drinking 2 Buck Chuck (or however much it costs now).

• Love 4
11 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Tinsley is so vapid and stupid. I wish that Carole would take her with her when she leaves the show.

Tinsley is a cute little girl, but that’s just it .. she isn’t womanly .. doesn’t think like a woman .. doesn’t look like a woman.  IMO, of course.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2