Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Ship Happens

• Start Topic

Ramona did make me laugh with her little "So, Tinsley, now that you have a man are you going to work on some sort of career for yourself or....?" Way to get that dig in, Ramona. But WTF was Tinsley talking about with her "I just want to be wifey for a while now because I never had that." For one thing, she is not even engaged to Scott so she is no one's wifey and for another wasn't she married to Topper for close to a decade? Did she ever work during that time? 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Evalynnnnnnnnnnnn!

I was feeling pretty good about eating ice cream.

And then?  The bitches came out in bikinis.

Luann looks amazing.

And before another poster chimes in and says that my post must mean that I like stealing from children - let the record state - I do not.

• Love 24
On 8/1/2018 at 9:13 PM, farmgal4 said:

Was anyone but me thinking about those poor people who were stuck on that duck boat a few weeks ago IRL and what they must have gone through?

I am kinda adjacent to the scene of the tragedy and I didn’t set my DVR for this episode for just that reason. 

Now that you-all are describing Numbers 1 & 2 as subplots to the storyline, I’m leaving the thing un-recorded for sure.

And once again,  I thank you from the very bottom of my tar-stained heart. 

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

So when they were rocking all over the place, why did nobody ask for staff or the captain of the boat?  Made absolutely no sense.  It all looked so poorly staged & scripted.  This shit really didn't work!

Captain was busy piloting the boat. Crew was cutting anchor, tying down flying furniture, or just staying seated. Which was the safest place to be. Even if they would have been able to summon the captain or crew, it's not like much could have been done for them at that point except pass out life preservers. Which should have happened as soon as the Coast Guard said the water was rough.

• Love 15

So many questions: the boat left the island and was heading back to port. Based on the times flashed on the screen, they'd been traveling for over 20 minutes. So why did the boat suddenly drop anchor? 

It was too dangerous for the cameramen to continue filming on the boat,  but why skip filming that night? 

Why didn't Tinsley book their entire trip on that private island? So much better than the house in the city with no toilet paper. 

Finally, what do we think is Dorinda's drug of choice? Sorry, but her anger & aggression stems from more than booze. 

Edited by snarts
  • Love 12

So, Dorinda was either still drunk or really hungover at breakfast.  She usually is apologetic after the fact, Luann's "beginning to turn" comment must really have struck a nerve.  Part of her must know that there is something wrong when she drinks.  That said, I understood why she told B to butt out, even though I don't agree that sharing a private vent/confidence with someone else (like Dorinda did with Tinsley) is the same as having a shouting match in front of witnesses who may interject.  

Ok, Sonja and Ramona were cruel to let Bethenny just go on and on when Carole joined them, but it was funny.  Carole handled it well once she decided to speak up, and I think Bethenny did too, once she got over that very visible initial sting of mortification. Their ensuing conversations this episode are probably the closest we'll get to seeing what really happened.   

That said, I also wonder if Bethenny declined to be part of the Coupon Cabin commercials, and that refusal/snub of Tinsley is also spurring some of Carole's feelings.  Not sure when those things were filmed, but this season, they were airing even when Tinsley and Scott weren't together.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Not me.  That was serious stuff.  All we saw here was some rocking.  And these broads are so overly dramatic about every fucking thing they do, it's difficult to take them seriously about anything.  To me, this crap trivialized the awfulness of what happened on that duck boat.

You’re right, and I kept thinking about the utter terror the people in that duck boat must have experienced during their final minutes.  What the NYC ladies experienced was kid stuff in comparison.

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, bagger said:

Lu always lets things go when people apologize. It’s actually a good trait and she doesn’t just accept the apology she really does put it behind her. 

I just want to say that I agree.

Disclaimer:  This post doesn't mean I like stealing from children

• Love 21
1 hour ago, urusai said:

Did not need to see Sonja's wrinkly ass crack

Unfortunately, the Sonja Manifesto proclaims that ass cracks will be shared!

• Love 2

The Countess crapped the bed and - very elegantly - admitted to it on camera.  Now my life is complete.

Thank you Bethenny for calling it  Diarrhea Festival.  I'm still giggling because I have the humor of a 5 year old.

• Love 14

Bravo should buy that resort a new mattres.  And Luann did not even seem embarrassed.  Was that part covered in her manners book?

Oh just saw Mozelle's post about the manners book and she said it better

Edited by mytmo
  • Love 5
Just now, Kiki777 said:

The Countess crapped the bed and - very elegantly - admitted to it on camera.  Now my life is complete.

Thank you Bethenny for calling it  Diarrhea Festival.  I'm still giggling because I have the humor of a 5 year old.

They had a Farty Fiesta

• Love 5
2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Every party needs a pooper so it might as well be you.  Party pooper.  Dorinda.  Party pooper.

LOL, don't give them any ideas: We've already got sundry Mad Pissers on various HWs shows -- now we have the Mystery Crapper.

Edited by SCS
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

Had roles been reversed, and BF had sea sickness, im going to go ahead and doubt Carole would be by her side rubbing her back... just saying...

Yeah.  I kiiiiiiiiiiiinda think she'd be in the corner, fake smoking like Sandy from "Grease", calling Bethenny a Drama Queen, and saying "Tell me about it, Stud."  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah.  I kiiiiiiiiiiiinda think she'd be in the corner, fake smoking like Sandy from "Grease", calling Bethenny a Drama Queen and saying "Tell me about it, Stud."  

and Bethenny;s response would be

vaR.gif

200_d.gif

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Ramona had the most selective sprained ankle ever.  It only seemed to bother her when she could use it to get other people to do something for her.

It was one of those viral sprained ankles.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

I was thinking the same thing -- I didn't think it was that bad. I've been on a lot of boats and I've seen, and been in, worse -- on a sailboat -- a hell of a lot closer to the water than those bitches ever were. The end result did not live up to the buildup and hype.

Sailboats handle heavy chop better, tho.  That said, these gals spend so much time in the Hamptons, you'd think they'd have sturdier sea legs.

I can't believe Lu thought it was safe to walk around on deck during that pounding. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

I was thinking the same thing -- I didn't think it was that bad. I've been on a lot of boats and I've seen, and been in, worse -- on a sailboat -- a hell of a lot closer to the water than those bitches ever were. The end result did not live up to the buildup and hype.

The captain clearly was in control -- he didn't look stressed -- curious who on the crew dropped the anchor but based on the TH he knew immediately what to do to solve the problem.
Their seasickness was exacerbated by the alcohol they'd been drinking all day and the food they don't normally eat.

Tinsley sitting crossed legged on the boat, having her cocktail while the others were screaming for dear life was awesome. . .  

Let them try an overnight distance race and have the breeze goes from 3 knots to 25 knots, thunder, and lighting in less than 4 minutes, at midnight, while  in the midst of a sail change at a mark rounding. 

Wimps. 

EDIT TO ADD: WTH was up with being all judgey about the street coconut waters and fresh fruit for sale? For so-called international cosmopolitan travelers, they seem ignorant of how common this is in tropical countries -- and how unbelievably refreshing the coconut water is. I had one every day when I was in Thailand, ate Thai street food and fruit, and it was some of the best food I ever ate. Same with the coconut water in Aruba. 

No fair. You're a ringer lol. I've never been on a boat on the ocean (by choice. Large bodies of water freak me out), so I'm fairly certain I'd've been puking as well.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

Ramona did make me laugh with her little "So, Tinsley, now that you have a man are you going to work on some sort of career for yourself or....?" Way to get that dig in, Ramona. But WTF was Tinsley talking about with her "I just want to be wifey for a while now because I never had that." For one thing, she is not even engaged to Scott so she is no one's wifey and for another wasn't she married to Topper for close to a decade? Did she ever work during that time? 

Don't believe the Tinz there.  That's TOTAL bullshit!  She's NEVER wanted to be a wifey.  You'll have to look up her background to see just how ambitious she's been to get her mug out there.  

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I still want to know what Dorinda meant by "I almost got arrested because of you"

I know people have posted it's probably that fight she got into with the banker who got a close up view of her shoe...but I think it's something else.

she's run into Tom a couple of times and either yelled at him or stormed out.

https://pagesix.com/2017/09/18/dorinda-medley-wasnt-happy-to-run-into-tom-dagostino/

the fight with the shoe and the banker was because she'd been at Richard's grave. Harry Dubin was the one who intervened.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Dorinda really needs to get help with her drinking and whatever drug problem she has. She is a complete mess. 

I was amazed to see on #rhony that Bethenny flat out posted that Dorinda was on coke the entire trip.  Can’t wait for the reunion.

(Sorry ALL, too good to be true is right ... several posters point out this is a fake account. )

On a new note:  Dorinda is abaolutely unrepentant and in denial on WHHL.

Edited by escatefromny
I’m old and bad a social.
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, escatefromny said:

I was amazed to see on #rhony that Bethenny flat out posted that Dorinda was on coke the entire trip.  Can’t wait for the reunion.

I don't think that's really her. Not verified and her name is spelled Frankel.

Too good to be true!

• Love 19

I think the reason Dorinda continued to be bitchy on day two is that she was still drunk but sober enough to realize that she needs help and she's panicked.  I think she may have hit her rock bottom that night.  I'm sure on one hand, she wants her life straightened out, but, on the other hand she's afraid of what her life would be like sober.  For starters, she'd probably have to dump John.

I didn't mind Tinsley this week.  I kind of feel sorry for her because she's always everyone's punching bag.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, escatefromny said:

Is Bethenny having some kind of nervous breakdown? 

I mean i’m Laughing my ass off but still...

3 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Too good to be true!

OMG thank God, I thought she might be having some kind of nervous breakdown. Lol

• Love 3

Fake account. Her name is spelled wrong. But I don't disagree.

ETA:  You're right, stewed.  It could be Bethenny

And Dorinda, if you happen to be here and are reading this, I hope you've knocked off the blow. 

Hi, Evelyn.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

And Bethenny’s twitter name is @Bethenny.  So it’s not her and she announced it on twitter when it started up. But you know I think if people don’t get the blue check mark etc then it’s on them.  

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

How do you run out of toilet paper? 

Sonja covertly raided all the loos so she could adequately stock Gray Gardens?

EDIT: Damn! Kung Fu Bunz beat me to it!

Edited by SCS
Mind meld!
  • Love 14
20 minutes ago, escatefromny said:

That's not Bethenny - it's a fake account

However there's a 100% chance Dorinda was coked up during the trip. Some have commented did Dorinda wake up drunk - maybe she never went to sleep

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 16

I’m watching Dorinda on WWHL and she has her daughters eyebrows on.  In fact this looks like day one after a microblading.  

Isaac Mizrahi pretty much hated everything they wore with the exception of Dorinda’s Chanel gladiator sandals.   Interesting that he only apologized to Bethenny when he said nope to her outfits.  

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Every party needs a pooper so it might as well be you.  Party pooper.  Dorinda.  Party pooper.

Dorinda is clearly still drunk with all the crying and histrionics.  Yeah, sure.  You feel bad about what you said to Lu?  What were you saying 30 min earlier?  Bitch, please.  So you're weepy with Bethenny and talking to Lu, you're suddenly all strong and "in a good place" again?  Girl, you need to take yourself to rehab.  You are the most unapologetic person ever.

WTF is Carole wearing?  She looks like an anorexic parrot who lost her pirate.  

Bolded part made me LOL. 

Did anyone else catch Dorinda saying to Luann that they needed to go away together for 21 days? And then Lu said "I'll go with you" or something similar? I thought that was Dorinda admitting that she needs rehab. I wonder if it will be brought up at the reunion? 

I wasn't the least bit surprised that Tins said she wants to be a wifey. I assume that is why she attached herself so quickly to Scott, and is so desperate to hang onto him. And the reason she is made up so much, no matter where they are going or what they are doing? The glad squad have to be kept busy. I was surprised they weren't on the boat trip for touch ups. 

When Sonja was helped off the boat when they first arrived on the island, I could see a price tag under her cover up, which I think was attached to the cover up. Did she leave tags on everything she brought? (I know she has done that before regarding tags). I agree with others who said she plans to return the items, though I will say that anywhere I buy a bathing suit, it is not returnable. Because of people like Sonja. 

• Love 20
14 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Beth looks for excuses to go at Tins. It's really transparent and mean. So is Ramona. Leave Tinsley alone. So she doesn't want to work. Big whoop. Being a workaholic is nothing to be proud of. I say this as one myself. I have to wear my career as a badge of honor since I'm unmarried with no kids. I don't have a choice. I have no trust fund, no wealthy relatives, and no rich men on my horizon. I'd enjoy a life of shopping and leisure if I could! It's perfectly fine to aspire to a domestic lifestyle. We have choices for a reason - all women don't have to pick the same path.

I could eat this!  ??

13 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Ramona was dancing yet needed someone to help her pack the next day. 

Ramona isn't happy unless some poor lesser-than is tending to her highness.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
unless not if. Dunno what happened there.
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

So when they were rocking all over the place, why did nobody ask for staff or the captain of the boat?

I understand why they would want to, but I would imagine that the Captain and crew were a little busy trying to keep that vessel upright.

• Love 11