Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Every Mayflower Has Its Thorn

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

They use mobile cameras now days, not a camera person in the car. Sonja started to open the back door and Bethenny barked at her to sit in the front seat, so it was Bethenny that wanted Sonja to sit in front and not in the back with her. LOL

I don't watch enough; totally missed that! They still have cameramen, but probably going up in a Bravo truck with lights and extra staff! ;-)

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Yea I was thinking that it could have easily been Dorinda, Sonja or Tinsley in Lu’s place. Possibly Ramona. Probably not Bethenny because she’s too in-control, nor Carole because she doesn’t drink much. 

Except for the the time she went to the bar and ordered a drink and then proceeded to toss it onto the poor woman who happened to be standing in front of her during a Coldplay performance.

Which resulted in her being fired from her Sirius radio show. LOL.

Edited by Happy Camper
Added last line
  • Love 20
38 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

I don't watch enough; totally missed that! They still have cameramen, but probably going up in a Bravo truck with lights and extra staff! ;-)

Right, they only use the small mobile cameras in the cars, they use cameramen the rest of the time. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Slobkabob. Lol! Dorinda has a way with words. 

I loved that! I may start using it...

Episode title...

Every Mayflower Has Its Thorn

Don’t threaten me with a good time, Show!

• Love 8
8 hours ago, nexxie said:

Bologna sandwich avec mustard.

lol dying!!

8 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

B. O. L. O. G. N. A.

DYING bwaahaha

8 hours ago, bosawks said:

To be fair I believe bologna served with a mustard pack is called bologna a la francaise.

You guys!!!! LOLOLOLOL

6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Luann gets a bologna sammy in jail, and bites right in to a mustard packet in the middle of the sammy. The fact that she's not embarrassed to tell the story just had me rolling. 

Embarrassed she should be, this aired today of all days surrounding the back and forth debate of immigrant children held in facilities and Luann had to bite into bologna.  The horrors. 

6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I sort of wish Luann didn't get arrested at the Colony and instead was arrested by the Coast Guard because she was singing Money Can't Buy You Class on a tug boat alongside the NYE Yacht

Omggggggg THIS lolol you guys are killing it tonight . 

• Love 11

I could not care less about the Morgan family crest.  He isn't royalty; he's just a rich American guy whose family was successful.  What is it a deer, big deal.  If Sonja can make coin on it, go ahead.  No one recognizes the thing as "Morgan" anyway.   And I've seen Sonja at Morgan Museum occasions, not the Morgan Library in Manhattan, but some museum outside Philly.  Maybe the pooh bahs of the family include her because of Quincy, who knows, but they do include her.

And Ramona is going to go to any party.  Let's face it, she loves to party, loves to drink eat dance and possibly meet a guy.  She's know Tom for ages.  Didn't bother me.

The spa weekend had a really different tone with the lack of obvious drunkenness.  They don't really come to life unless they are drunk.

I am happy to see that Bethenny  no longer has has status as the de facto leader of the group.  No one really pays attention to her anymore.  She's stuck with Sonja, haha.  How does it feel to be frozen out, Bethenny.   He gift bags didn't have SkinnyGirl emblazoned on them?  I was in dead shock.  

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

They’re all talking about sex .. who likes music, who likes this n that.  Yeah, that’s why their men all cheated on them.  Like they soooo great in bed.  Hahaha.  What a joke.  Oh, and I want Bethennys white sweater.

Because men never cheat on women who like sex and are “good in bed”?  

6 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Except for the the time she went to the bar and ordered a drink and then proceeded to toss it onto the poor woman who happened to be standing in front of her during a Coldplay performance.

Which resulted in her being fired from her Sirius radio show. LOL.

True I’d forgotten about that! I think the difference is that Bethenny likely tossed that drink in full possession of her capacities - she knew what she was doing.

Whilst Lu was out-of-her-mind, barely-knew-her- own- name wasted. 

• Love 13

Pigs are flying because Sonja blogged this week.  Her last blog was a year ago. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/blogs/sonja-morgan/sonja-morgan-dorinda-woke-up-on

Of course she takes the opportunity to sell shoes, etc.

Does she still have interns?  I doubt she wrote this herself.  But then again, do any of them write their own blogs (except for Carole because she's a WRITER!!  and ran the marathon....and has an Emmy...)

• Love 3

Call me a sucker, but I think Bethenny is nicer to Sonja because she's seeing things differently, not because she calculated a need to film with someone. I don't think it's a forever friendship, that's not Bethenny's pattern, but for me it's not a showmance, either. Also, it makes sense to me that while she'd tear apart Sonja's fake businesses she'd defend the product placement for something real, especially since she gave an assist by complimenting the shoes in the first place. 

I like Carole's outfits. They're all I like about her now. 

I'm glad this was a lighter episode overall. Fights but no wars, Ramona contributing to the drama so there's some variety. It was fun.

Speaking of Ramona, I was impressed by the way she danced around a full admission that she doesn't consider Luann a friend. At least that's what I was getting from her. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

It's classic AA language. Just for today I will not drink. It helps, particularly at the beginning, when you can't imagine how you will be social,  or anti social,  without alcohol,  so it doesn't seem so overwhelming. Each day you recommit. Or each minute,  depending. 

Ok.  The day I decided to quit once and for all after failing numerous times to "cut down" I was done.  Maybe I was lucky.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, phoenix780 said:

Call me a sucker, but I think Bethenny is nicer to Sonja because she's seeing things differently, not because she calculated a need to film with someone. I don't think it's a forever friendship, that's not Bethenny's pattern, but for me it's not a showmance, either. Also, it makes sense to me that while she'd tear apart Sonja's fake businesses she'd defend the product placement for something real, especially since she gave an assist by complimenting the shoes in the first place. 

Then I'm a sucker too, because I agree.  I think Bethenny feels something for Sonja - and I think she was genuinely bothered by how Sonja was being frozen out by the others.  I don't think Bethenny would ever feel the need for a showmance - her place on the show is cemented until she feels like leaving.    Bethenny isn't going anywhere unless she wants to.  

I also get a sense this season that Sonja is trying to change the public perception of her from drunken party girl to someone more serious, and perhaps that is part of the reason why she seems to have distanced herself from Ramona.  

• Love 17
(edited)
6 hours ago, film noire said:

LOL (such a great description ; )

For Dorinda,  Sonja has now permanently entered BEFC (Bitch Eating Free Crackers) territory.

Beyond rich. Fashion snobbery from Carole Radziwill, the style guru who brought us this to-die-for  (as in, "die before I'd wear it") look below  (I can just hear Michael Kors, Project Runway circa 2008: "She looks like a farty prison matron impersonating Donatella impersonating Elvis in a track suit. And why is she wearing white nursing shoes? Is she doing CPR at this event? Is that what the heavy necklace is about? --   it's a portable blood pressure cuff? -- or maybe  she's into that Japanese bondage roping --  the one that sounds like a small dog breed-- and why is that top so big? My god, it's the clown car of tops -- who is IN there? Is Nina in there? Is THAT where she hid when I told her my pool boy Ramon wasn't interested in a threesome?   -- I'm sorry, but this whole look is just SAD. You've made her seem eight thousand years old with a fashion IQ of 2 -- a navy floral print with a short cuffed sleeve would be so much more YOUTHFUL AND PRETTY!!")

carole track suit.jpg

Bingo! We have Bethenny Bingo!

(One question still remains unanswered about that night,  @Happy Camper -- did Bethenny throw Skinnygirl?)

I'm sure that the bar was not serving SG that evening. Apparently it was reported as a "sticky drink". 

Maybe I'll come up with a new cocktail and call it "StickyGirl".

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Dorinda is really being a mean bitch. She’s holding a grudge against Sonja for comparing divorce with death. Get over it already! 

Next week looks like a train wreck, or Mayflower wreck, can’t wait! 

I am always Team Son over Dorinda but I kind of agreed, who is loyal to an ex's family?  I'd like to know exactly how she is still 'very much a part of the family'.

• Love 6

Lu had a ton of books in her little apartment! I always love to see fully stocked bookshelves. 

I liked hearing Lu recount the events of "the night". She didn't seem to be downplaying anything, but at the same time she is able to laugh at how ridiculous she was being. She realized it was a mistake to go to Palm Beach and I appreciate her trying to abstain from drinking. I don't know if that will last, but I don't necessarily think Lu has a problem with alcohol. She's always been a partier, but seemed to be able to control herself. I think the situation with Tom caused her to overdo it, in attempts to mask her pain. Hopefully it was a one time thing. 

Her disdain over the bologna sandwich was a bit much, though. 

Oh, and how nice and protective of Dorinda to want the alcohol moved into HER room. 

Man, Ramona was laying it on THICK with Lu at the start of the episode. That, to me, shows that she does have a guilty conscience over the Tom thing. But then she turns around and acts like it was no big deal and she didn't do anything wrong. Then, when others try to point out why it was wrong, she goes full on Ramona. *shrug* "Eh, I wasn't even invited to the wedding." So you're not good friends then? Then why were showering her with praise and attention a few hours earlier?

That's the Ramona Coaster. She did the same thing to Bethenny last year. Suck up. Deflect. Go for the jugular. 

I was on Bethenny's side about the rooms. If everyone shows up at roughly the same time, wait and pick rooms together. But it looked like the final three came quite a bit later. I would not just want to hang in the lobby. I'd want to settle in, change, freshen up. Get the grime of the road off of me. 

I was not on my girl's side about the coat of arms thing. Sonja is NOT a Morgan. She chose to retain the last name, but she also chose to leave the family. And I doubt any of them consider her some sort of asset they can't afford to lose. 

Sonja is nothing, if not delusional. It is fairly odd that she would put the Morgan family crest on her shoes. Girl's gotta make a buck I guess. Judging from how she was hoarding the food back to her room, I'd wager homegirl is starving. 

• Love 20
(edited)

Lu is a genius.  Marshalling the troops about all the Ramona inflicted slights to detract from her arrest/detox to fan the flames of pity, genius Lu, just genius.  At any given time about half the group is mad at Ramona for slights both real and imagined and it's Ramona on a trip so we're running at a 75% probability rate that she's going to do something offensive.  The trip becomes a Ramona shit show and not a response to an arrest.  She is just so good at this.

However, she may overplay her hand by the end of the year if she keeps couching the arrest circumstances as something that happened to her.  This didn't happen to you Lu, you happened to you, taking responsibility for the embarrassment is not the same as taking responsibility for the entire event and whether they are entitled to it or not those harpies are going to want a full mea culpa.

And next week!  Be still my black, black heart, it looks fabulous!

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, weaver said:

The gift bags didn't have SkinnyGirl emblazoned on them?  I was in dead shock.  

That shocked me, too!! I wonder why. Could she just be relaxing a bit about promoting the Skinny girl brand, or is there a business-related reason?

Sonja’s French Sole shoes with the Morgan family crest deer on them sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, mwell345 said:

The dynamics have totally changed and this episode really brought that home.  I like Bethenny and Sonja together:   "I can't believe you're saving the tissue paper!!!"  "I'm not, I threw it away....well,  I like the gold!"  I also like sober Sonja much  better than drunk Sonja.   

I like them together too! The face masks. With the glasses over them. Lifting the mask to scrape the tongue. I was dying!

I think Bethenny gets frustrated with Sonja's delusions, but I think she's always had a soft spot for her. 

22 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

Quitting drinking was a good move for her.  And it's a great way to quickly lose weight.

Except she seems to replacing booze by stuffing every morsel of food she sees in her mouth. (Reminds me of the The Situation on the Jersey Shore revival. Don't judge!)

• Love 10

Ramona is always and forever a queen.  She was cracking me up.  Why exactly does she owe Luann anything?  Ramona is nuts, but Luann has always been dismissive and condescending to Ramona.  Ramona has her own history with Tom.  Why the hell does she owe Luann an explanation for anything?  I doubt Luann or Bethenny would give her the same consideration.  Bethenny only leapt in to support Luann because she's still pissed that Ramona tore her a new one on the phone a few episodes ago.

I also don't see the big deal with the photo.  They all posed for it.  And were FILMING a TV show.  Why is Ramona's responsibility to make sure Luann's optics for her legal situations are right?  Maybe if Lu hadn't gotten embarrassingly, violently shitfaced and threatened to kill the cops, she wouldn't have to worry about what people post on Instagram?

Dorinda came hard at Sonja but she's right.  It's pathetic that Sonja is still trying to trade off of the Morgan name.

Lu and Bethenny are just trying to cobble together a reunion couch and will take pathetic Sonja to fill it out.  The others barely notice these three are there.  I'm enjoying the dynamics this season.

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Not matter what, these bitches are hysterically funny. Those face masks! This is why this is my favorite HW franchise. 

I can’t recall any of the other franchises letting it all hang out like these women.  That’s why THESE women are my favorite too.  So down to earth and keep it real, just like the title says.  Love them.

• Love 23
1 minute ago, Pop Tart said:

I didn't see it as disdain so much as genuine astonishment and dismay at where she'd landed. After she described biting into it (and she was saying that she was going to eat it) and biting the mustard packet "like a dead fish", her next line is just how pathetic and sad she realized it all was and how she was in that low moment. And hey, I haven't had a bologna sandwich in decades - the kind she's talking about anyway which is a piece of bologna slapped between two pieces of white bread (with a mustard packet thrown in).

This actually gave me pause.  WTH kind of mustard packets do they have in jail that biting into one is commensurate to biting into a dead fish?!?!

That's some Geneva Convention shit right there.

• Love 10
(edited)

I think Ramona wanted the invite to Tom’s party because Sonia got one. 

And probably didn’t get one after she asked because she wanted Bravo there.  Well that and, lol, even Tom knows what a shit show that would have been.  

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, DrivingSideways said:

Ramona is always and forever a queen.  She was cracking me up.  Why exactly does she owe Luann anything?  Ramona is nuts, but Luann has always been dismissive and condescending to Ramona.  Ramona has her own history with Tom.  Why the hell does she owe Luann an explanation for anything?  I doubt Luann or Bethenny would give her the same consideration.  Bethenny only leapt in to support Luann because she's still pissed that Ramona tore her a new one on the phone a few episodes ago.

I also don't see the big deal with the photo.  They all posed for it.  And were FILMING a TV show.  Why is Ramona's responsibility to make sure Luann's optics for her legal situations are right?  Maybe if Lu hadn't gotten embarrassingly, violently shitfaced and threatened to kill the cops, she wouldn't have to worry about what people post on Instagram?

Dorinda came hard at Sonja but she's right.  It's pathetic that Sonja is still trying to trade off of the Morgan name.

Lu and Bethenny are just trying to cobble together a reunion couch and will take pathetic Sonja to fill it out.  The others barely notice these three are there.  I'm enjoying the dynamics this season.

So much THIS.

I can kind of understand Lu’s anger at Ramona. But let’s not forget Lu’s attitude when she started spending time with Tom. He was on a date with another woman, but she felt no remorse, poaching him. It was Lu’s turn to have a go at Tom. Too bad, so sad. We’re two consenting adults. Live and let live, but only when it suits The Countess.

I actually believe Ramona’s explanation that her friend really wanted to attend Tom’s party. So I feel as if what Ramona did is less offensive.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

Quitting drinking was a good move for her.  And it's a great way to quickly lose weight.

I was thinking the same Sonja looked younger and very pretty!

31 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I like them together too! The face masks. With the glasses over them. Lifting the mask to scrape the tongue. I was dying!

I think Bethenny gets frustrated with Sonja's delusions, but I think she's always had a soft spot for her. 

Except she seems to replacing booze by stuffing every morsel of food she sees in her mouth. (Reminds me of the The Situation on the Jersey Shore revival. Don't judge!)

She must love filmng, it seems like its the only time she eats!

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

LOL - I've noticed the same thing.  I wonder about her financial situation - what she has to live on day to day, because it seems that the food at these events constitute her only meal of the day.

• Love 11

Bethenny has been oddly mothering toward Sonja since she returned to the show, barring Tipsy Girl.  She tried to make Sonja see sense in Vegas, she tried again on that early vacation (and ended up screaming at Sonja, because that’s how B shows she cares), she’s repeatedly tried to help Sonja get her businesses in hand.  And that last is probably one reason why B threw a major fit over Tipsy Girl. She’s been the one trying to help Sonja, when the others (including Carole) were just done with Sonja’s delusions.  

The Bethenny/Dorinda low-simmering feud is interesting.  They both seem to blame each other for things being uneasy.  I think it’s because Beth has had her biggest meltdowns in Dorinda’s home, and Dorinda deep down hasn’t forgiven her.

• Love 12

Famous Chef Michael Symon features bologna at one of his restaurants.  Here's how it reads on his menu:

Old School

thick-cut bologna with dill pickles, yellow mustard & american cheese

New School

thick-cut bologna with russian dressing, pickled red onions, sweet hot pickles & sunny side up egg

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

They’re all talking about sex .. who likes music, who likes this n that.  Yeah, that’s why their men all cheated on them.  Like they soooo great in bed.  Hahaha.  What a joke.  Oh, and I want Bethennys white sweater.

I really don't think men cheat because their wives aren't great in bed.  I think it's more how they behave with them out of the bedroom imo.

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

I am always Team Son over Dorinda but I kind of agreed, who is loyal to an ex's family?  I'd like to know exactly how she is still 'very much a part of the family'.

If wealthy, old money families in the United States are our version of royalty, then Sonja is Sarah Ferguson.  A possible adulterer, imbiber, failed entrepreneur, near bankruptcy. Also like Sarah, I don't doubt that Sonja probably likes her toes nibbled on. That all said, Sarah still attends functions with her daughters and has spent weekends with the queen. And on those occasions she is given the courtesies of being treated as a member of the Royal Family. Sarah still wears her crest.

I believe Sonja's marriage and divorce was going on at the same time that all this was happening with Sarah and Andrew. Sonja is just delusional enough to think that she is, although divorced from, American royalty. 

But I still love her anyway.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

I used to work a little retail back in the 70's! I just can't believe how much women's clothing has soared! Saw that ad with the girls a little while ago and that stupid pinafore Tinsley was wearing cost $1400; that's insane! I don't care who made it, but that seems to be the thing now; semi-designer clothing and blowing all that $$ on 1 item. I hope they're made well! Heidi Klum produces a line and each time she has the designers create something for her on "Project Runway," I'm shocked at the mark up! Seeing more sites where people are literally renting used clothing or selling what they have! How times have changed! ;-) 

I pride myself on almost my entire wardrobe coming from consignment and thrift shops--and I get compliments aplenty! Cha-ching!

10 hours ago, TomGirl said:

Tinsley is on WWHL and looks SO much better with straight and much shorter hair.

OMG Spoiler

She confirmed her breakup with Scott! LOL I just hope it was filmed! 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

I really don't think men cheat because their wives aren't great in bed.  I think it's more how they behave with them out of the bedroom imo.

Lol .. I know that.  Just thought it was funny the way they were all talking.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Is Ramona just mean or stupid by posting that picture on social media?  I think both.  She has some nerve.  If that were me, I’d really dump her ass for good.  She pretends like it’s no big deal, but in this instance it’s just bad for Luann.  I just hope she doesn’t get in more trouble.  Ramona does bad and then just dismisses everything like it’s nothing.  No one should stand for that nonsense.  She is not a good friend to anyone. I wouldn’t trust her.  shes flighty and nuts.

There's no way she would've posted a dinner pic if Lu hadn't just emerged from rehab.  I can't help but love her anyway and it worries me haa.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, weaver said:

I could not care less about the Morgan family crest.  He isn't royalty; he's just a rich American guy whose family was successful.  What is it a deer, big deal.  If Sonja can make coin on it, go ahead.  No one recognizes the thing as "Morgan" anyway.   And I've seen Sonja at Morgan Museum occasions, not the Morgan Library in Manhattan, but some museum outside Philly.  Maybe the pooh bahs of the family include her because of Quincy, who knows, but they do include her.

And Ramona is going to go to any party.  Let's face it, she loves to party, loves to drink eat dance and possibly meet a guy.  She's know Tom for ages.  Didn't bother me.

The spa weekend had a really different tone with the lack of obvious drunkenness.  They don't really come to life unless they are drunk.

I am happy to see that Bethenny  no longer has has status as the de facto leader of the group.  No one really pays attention to her anymore.  She's stuck with Sonja, haha.  How does it feel to be frozen out, Bethenny.   He gift bags didn't have SkinnyGirl emblazoned on them?  I was in dead shock.  

This is true. Ramona has known Tom for a while, and  they ALL tried to warn LuAnn about Tom. LuAnn knew exactly what she was getting into when she married Tom. All of a sudden she's mad because the whore that she married is wanting to marry someone else? She should be celebrating the fact that he's moved on to a new mark.

• Love 5

It just begs the question, if Tom is such a known quantity, why did LuAnne insist on marrying him?  I guess she didn't want to be wrong.  BTW, the Countess looks amazing.  If I drank as much as she did, I'd look like a bloated whale.  I enjoy the flashbacks too because Bethenny was a different person.  So crazy.  Sonja is painfully thin.  I'm surprised the Morgan finance brand doesn't get all over her for using their name, trademark infringement or something... 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Oh for the love of god you ate bologna. First world problems lol

Oh, but the visual of her biting into the sandwich and that mustard packet hanging out of her mouth?  That was worth it!

• Love 7
11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Also, what the hell was up with Dorinda looking like one of the Queen's Guards of Buckingham Palace with that hat?  

Oh, wait - I know - it sort of looked like a nutcracker's hat -she was trying to subtly remind Bethenny to thank her again!   

Sonja said she looked like a Beefeater.  Quick wit.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

Okay, I hate to be THAT bitch who quotes herself, but here I am being that bitch who quotes herself because I called that shit!!!

I may have been wrong her actually going but the intent was there.

I am strongly against viewers diagnosing reality tv stars they never met with mental or psychological disorders but I am really starting to agree that Ramona just might be on somebody's spectrum. There is something really wrong with her. I am tired of her getting away with her BS. 

Sober, clear eyed and bushy tailed Luann is giving me life. Her THs are on point and she is seriously witty in them. I loved her re-telling the story to Dorinda on the ride to CT. She seemed refreshingly honest and without airs. 

Luann and that mustard? I kept wanting her to say that she turned to her cellmate or a guard and asked: "Pardon me, would you happen to have any Grey Poupon?"

Dying!!!!  I would LOVE to see Grey Poupon offer her a commerical....

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I loved that! I may start using it...

Episode title...

Don’t threaten me with a good time, Show!

I love you for reminding me of this:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Lu had a ton of books in her little apartment! I always love to see fully stocked bookshelves. 

I liked hearing Lu recount the events of "the night". She didn't seem to be downplaying anything, but at the same time she is able to laugh at how ridiculous she was being. She realized it was a mistake to go to Palm Beach and I appreciate her trying to abstain from drinking. I don't know if that will last, but I don't necessarily think Lu has a problem with alcohol. She's always been a partier, but seemed to be able to control herself. I think the situation with Tom caused her to overdo it, in attempts to mask her pain. Hopefully it was a one time thing. 

She did rent the apartment furnished, but the books do look lovely. And the first time she showed the place (in the pre-arrest episode walkthrough) I thought that it would actually be great to know someone who rented an apartment that came with a lot of books -- that way I can enjoy judging the owner's taste in books and not feel bad about judging my friend. 

And her recounting to Dorinda was GREAT.  

1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

LOL - I've noticed the same thing.  I wonder about her financial situation - what she has to live on day to day, because it seems that the food at these events constitute her only meal of the day.

Sonja goes to every housewife event for the same reason I went to every department party in grad school -- the free food. And she probably leaves the same way I did back in the day too -- with her purse full of cheese cubes. 

• Love 16