Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Every Mayflower Has Its Thorn

• Start Topic

(edited)

How quickly the turn around and defense of Sonja happened just because Bethany  is now defending her (Like all the shit talking and living in the fairy tale world that she has been doing isn't wrong because Bethany is being kind to her when she was bitching about it herself just a couple episodes ago) You are a Morgan by injection not by blood and he Divorced her so any claim to that crest or name became MOOT.....Why the hell would you be wearing their anything? How would Beth like it if Jason was walking around with skinny girl plastered on his shit or her Family Crest? she would flip her fucking lid (the only reason she defended it was because once again she has to scapegoat someone and now its Dorinda's fault for ALL the shit she was talking about Carole that got back to her...I'm sorry was it Dorinda making you say those shitty things about Carole? no you said them its on film but trying to save face like it wont come out anyway is just making her look like a str8 up asshole) Its like her personal mission to assassinate anyone that she feels threatened by. When it didn't work on Carole in the backhanded way she was attacking Tinsley she switched gears and now is attacking Dorinda and Ramona.. AND the funny thing is she always made fun of how Sonja and Ramona always were goofing and shit now it looks like shes trying to take Ramona's place ...Bethany you are like WINDEX people can see right through your shit .....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 21
(edited)
14 minutes ago, hottesthw said:

Except that Bethenny's argument was stupid. So according to her,  every woman that is widowed should immediately drop their husband's name and revert back to their own. No-one does that! However LOTS of women revert back to their maiden names after a decade passes from their divorce . Granted they don't have to either, but holding on to it so as to remain relevant in society like Sonja is doing, is pathetic . And seriously , her "responsibility" to the Morgan family? Get over yourself Sonja,  that "responsibility" has been passed on to his new wife and is no longer yours to worry about . 

I can totally understand Dorinda's annoyance with Sonja and would feel the same way. I couldn't imagine dealing with it in person as she makes my eyes roll out of my head just as a viewer.

Exactly would she be ok with Jason using her crest or anything related to her? NO she would flip out calling him a hanger on and pathetic for trying to use her name or business like it was his or he had anything to do with its success .... ***eyeroll** Bethany needs to sit down

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 20

I think the correct term for what Lu dined on while en prison would be un sandwich bologna a la moutartde. ;-)  

I find Sonja's slavish obsession with her lost glory days to be irritating at times, but it certainly no less delusional than all these other heifers who only have access to "fame", cash, "prestige" to all be off the backs of someone else's labor. Shit, even Old Man Morgan didn't really do anything to make his money or collect his accolades. That was all generations ago. And yes, I get the concept of old money and the "prestige" of not having to dirty your hands to make it yourself. However, if we are going to pick on Sonja for clinging to a past. We should pick on all of them.

Bethenney herself is the daughter of wealthy and somewhat famous horse trainer. She like to pretend that she is the little match girl who found a way to market and sell her matches barefoot in the snow so successfully that she turned it into a global branding powerhouse. However, Bethenney went to boarding school and always ran in a wealthy crowd. She had enough connections to get on Martha Stewart's Apprentice - where she had to admit she knew the son of one of the judges. Her name recognition and social connections help get on this show. And this show gave her a platform to launch a product and become successful. You have to be as dumb as Sonja to have a platform like that and NOT make money. Sure, Beth had a good idea, but lots of people every day have good ideas. Beth had enough cash, education and connections to launch her idea Compare her to Heather and what Heather managed to do on her own. Bethenny is no Heather or even a scrappy street fighter entrepreneur like Ramona. She was born on third base and wants to cling to the idea that she hit a home run. 

All these other heifers struck it rich at the alter.

Countess Luann - obvious

Carole - almost as obvious - clings to her own prestigious last name like velcro. Only successful book based on her experience with semi famous husband and prestigious connections. She even mentioned once in a conversation that she would never give up her last name as part of a marriage deal.

Dorinda - Yes, may have loved Richard, but still seems to traffic in the industry of Widowhood and a monopoly on personal loss and suffering seven years later.  She has as not changed name either because the name holds some prestige and notoriety  in NY. Beth even commented that Dorinda was trying to hold on to that when she made a fool of herself while drunk with Beth's Puerto Rico contacts. Dorinda won't marry John because deep down she finds him repugnant and can't believe he is the best she can do now. 

Jill - for old time sake-  What the hell would she be without Bobby and his money? Didn't she clerk at a men's store before meeting him? 

Tinsley - Not sure who Topper Mortimer was or it, Can't be bothered to find out, but she sure as hell is holding on to that Palm Beach name -even now that there is a second Mrs. Mortimer in the mix/

So, after all that, my only point is why give Sonja shit when all of them are essentially clinging on to past names/connections/grandeur/glory that only a lottery of birth or marriage helped them fall into? None of those ladies is really where they are due solely to their own scrappy hard work and grit. 

I see Sonja as essentially harmless. Why not let spin in her own whirlwind of delusion. If Dorinda is convinced that she has the high ground on personal grief and loss, why not ignore her?

Count me as one who sees Bethenney's friendship with Sonja as a calculated move. Not only has she burned through everyone else for the moment, but Beth needs to work on her PR. Being the protector of poor harmless Sonja is a means to an image rehab. Although, notice how biting and cruel she is about Sonja in the talking heads? By being pathetic, B is the alpha bitch and feels secure hanging with Sonja. Shades of Jill liking Beth because she was the underdog...until she wasn't. It's why Beth hated Heather from the beginning. Heather was the real deal - business savvy, success. loving husband, cute kids. Beth could not outdo her on any score. So, she hated her and and had to go after her. Sad! 

• Love 21

Sonja and Old Man Morgan have a child together. They will always be family because of this. Yes, she's stretching her association with the Morgans a bit considering they are divorced but they will always be in each other's lives. Using the family crest is ...not a big deal, IMO. Sonja seems to be much lighter and more diplomatic since she stopped drinking. I know that this doesn't last and I am dreading her downfall.

As far as Bethenny goes, I think she sees this show for what it is: a place where she can promote her business and herself. It's a marketing tool, not her real life. The "friendships" that she has aren't actually real and she's shrieked at every single cast member at some point. I don't think she's keeping score in terms of who is on her good side and who is an enemy, season to season. It's almost like she resets the bean counter each season and whoever doesn't annoy her is a "friend." Last season it was Carole and Tinsley. This season it's LuAnn and Sonja. Personally I am enjoying her interactions with Sonja and LuAnn. I'd rather watch them than Carole and Ramona being catty hags over petty bullshit.

I think if things stay the same, the reunion couches will be: Bethenny, LuAnn and Sonja vs. Ramona, Dorinda, Carole and Tinsley.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Exactly would she be ok with Jason using her crest or anything related to her? NO she would flip out calling him a hanger on and pathetic for trying to use her name or business like it was his or he had anything to do with its success .... ***eyeroll** Bethany needs to sit down

Logos and family crests are completely different things. Apples to spaceships.  It would just be weird if Jason sported anything with Bethenny's logo on it.

But a gold signet ring with my daughter's family crest on it? I'll say it. Hell yes, I'd wear it. Not only because it's my daughter's family, but also because it was likely given to me during a happy, prosperous time in my life. It's just a memento at that point.

Now, capitalizing on that name to further her own business, to me is a little sketchy... but a girl's got to eat more than just a few cheese cubes pilfered from the buffet table.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Logos and family crests are completely different things. Apples to spaceships.  It would just be weird if Jason sported anything with Bethenny's logo on it.

But a gold signet ring with my daughter's family crest on it? I'll say it. Hell yes, I'd wear it. Not only because it's my daughter's family, but also because it was likely given to me during a happy, prosperous time in my life. It's just a memento at that point.

Now, capitalizing on that name to further her own business, to me is a little sketchy... but a girl's got to eat more than just a few cheese cubes pilfered from the buffet table.

mmmmm I have to disagree .. she is only holding on to it and wearing it NOT for pride of it being her daughters father but because of the name recognition. She could give two shits about MR Morgen (which she has talked about many times of this show she didn't love him she loved his money and what it gave her) she is using the name and crest to futher her social standing not to keep up happy family appearances for her daughter 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, mytmo said:

Famous Chef Michael Symon features bologna at one of his restaurants.  Here's how it reads on his menu:

Old School

thick-cut bologna with dill pickles, yellow mustard & american cheese

New School

thick-cut bologna with russian dressing, pickled red onions, sweet hot pickles & sunny side up egg

I would so order an Old School as long as I could have spicy brown mustard instead of yellow.  And if Lu doesn't get a mustard and/or bologna endorsement out of this then I don't know America.

And Lu had better be on her best behavior round these parts.  I hear the jails in Philly give cheese sandwiches with no condiments.  Palm Beach is fancy with the bologna.

• Love 4
Just now, sasha206 said:

Jesus, Dorinda is a nasty bitch.  I get she doesn't like Sonja, but Sonja is as much a "Morgan" as she is a "Medley."  A lot of folks keep their married name after divorce because it's just easier that way.  

IMO Sonja is more a Morgan and than Dorinda is a Medley.  Sonja has a Morgan kid.  

• Love 14

Can I just say....Not only is Ramona Singer the most inherently selfish person I've ever seen...I mean...she's clearly a narcicist as is....but she seems to fit the criteria, to be diagnosed as an actual sociopath as well!!

Firstly, some of the choices she makes & the actions she displays, are so completely oblivious to the feelings of any other person alive....(beside herself that it)....that it really is, a spectacle to watch!! ......It's like, step right up folks & see the woman with no soul.... she absolutely infuriates me...right down to my very core!!!

But then, she compounds her already shitty behaviour, by jumping straight on the defensive, when confronted by others around her, questioning why she did or said particular things, thereby forcing whichever person that SHE has shit on, having to explain to HER, (step by step), WHY it wasnt an acceptable way to treat THEM that way in the first place!!! ..Like.... what the AF???? If she's smart enough to be as successful as she's always claiming she is...why then, does she need to have her behaviour explained to her, in terms a 4 year old would understand, if shes a grown woman without a mental impairment???

Answer is....SHE DOESN'T! 

Because its not that she needs to be taught that actions have consequences..... she already knows they do...that's a lesson everyone learns in early childhood....but she CHOSE to act that way regardless! She understands what the consequence could be, but doesnt care enough about the consequence she might suffer (or alternatively....justifies her actions to herself by claiming they were altruistic) to stop her actions in the first place!! 

.....AND EVEN THEN... although she might eventually be badgered into admitting how her actions are an UNACCEPTABLE and INCONSIDERATE way to treat other people.....she is still so completely fkn devoid, of any real remorse over it, that I don't understand why she even admits she shouldn't have acted that way in the first place!!!! It's obviously just her way of stopping any further conversation about it at that point, coz she's decided she's over discussing it & it matters very little to her anyway, so case closed, convo over! 

She must either be a cyborg...which would explain her total lack of empathy and/or human emotional maturity.....OR....she's just that completely self serving, that it's rendered her devoid of any ability to use normal human behaviour in her dealings with others, as she clearly has such limited experience in doing so in the past!!!! 

There are four types of people in the world

People that are good people at heart, they know they're good & and are good in their actions

People that are bad people at heart, they know theyre bad & and are bad in their actions

People that are good people at heart, they know they're good, but have chosen bad actions

And lastly....People that are bad people at heart, that THINK they're good & can rationalise any action they've taken as justifiable regardless of how bad it might be.....Ramona is this kind!!! The worse of all personality types!!! 

I can't fucking stand this bitch! 

• Love 19
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

Dorinda - Yes, may have loved Richard, but still seems to traffic in the industry of Widowhood and a monopoly on personal loss and suffering seven years later.  She has as not changed name either because the name holds some prestige and notoriety  in NY. Beth even commented that Dorinda was trying to hold on to that when she made a fool of herself while drunk with Beth's Puerto Rico contacts. Dorinda won't marry John because deep down she finds him repugnant and can't believe he is the best she can do now. 

Exactly.  I'm so tired of this woman acting as though only her love for her husband was legit and her wanting reverence because of being a widow (and I'm a widow).  They were married for 6 years, not an eternity before he passed.  Who knows what would have happened in their marriage if he was still alive.  He might've dumped her drunk, classless ass.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 24
1 minute ago, sasha206 said:

Jesus, Dorinda is a nasty bitch.  I get she doesn't like Sonja, but Sonja is as much a "Morgan" as she is a "Medley."  A lot of folks keep their married name after divorce because it's just easier that way.  Who the fuck cares if she's wearing a family crest?

seeing how Mr. Medley wasn't asking her to get out of his house for cheating and not being a wife that comes to his side when he was Ill i say there is a HUGE difference Dorinda isnt throwing his name around to get things or appear to be of a station that she really isnt a part of anymore 

• Love 15
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

seeing how Mr. Medley wasn't asking her to get out of his house for cheating and not being a wife that comes to his side when he was Ill i say there is a HUGE difference Dorinda isnt throwing his name around to get things or appear to be of a station that she really isnt a part of anymore 

No.  She's just using her widowhood as an excuse to drink and berate everyone -- even those doing PHILANTHROPY.  And of course, she used Richard during that convo to bolster her drunken argument against a philanthropist.  

Dorinda, to me, is every bit the embarrassment to Medley's last name and works that Sonja is to the Morgan name (with the exception of Sonja's disgusting talk of sexual escapades).  If she's still traveling in the same station as Richard Medley was, why is she a Real Housewife?  She loves to trod out his name and his accomplishments as much as Sonja does and is either thirsty for fame or needs the money like the others.

And who knows what would've happened in their marriage had he lived.  She strikes me as every bit the liability Sonja is with her inability to control her anger, and slopping drinking behavior.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

mmmmm I have to disagree .. she is only holding on to it and wearing it NOT for pride of it being her daughters father but because of the name recognition. She could give two shits about MR Morgen (which she has talked about many times of this show she didn't love him she loved his money and what it gave her) 

She talked about not loving her ex many times? Seems like the opposite. I’ve heard her say on more than one occasion that she loved her ex and considered him her best friend. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, chewycandy said:

She talked about not loving her ex many times? Seems like the opposite. I’ve heard her say on more than one occasion that she loved her ex and considered him her best friend. 

Exactly.  While I do question her love for her ex, I've never heard her say an ill word about him.

• Love 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Fair point but why the hell is Dorinda the self-appointed "Prestige Police" aka policing how everyone else uses past ties and connections? Any why is she the holier than thou Arbiter of Grief in determining who gets what claim to suffering and grief? Seems to me that Dorinda's widowhood has lasted longer than her marriage. Maybe get out of Sonja's shit and into some therapy about why she can't let go and why she has to turn into a sloppy slurring drunk at every social function? She can work on her problems chewing with her mouth open and sitting like truck driver in short frock at another session. 

She is just going after Sonja because she can. It's sport, and it's a little distasteful given her own proclivities. 

Edited by Chickabiddy
Ever the shitty typist.
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

How quickly the turn around and defense of Sonja happened just because Bethany  is now defending her (Like all the shit talking and living in the fairy tale world that she has been doing isn't wrong because Bethany is being kind to her when she was bitching about it herself just a couple episodes ago) You are a Morgan by injection not by blood and he Divorced her so any claim to that crest or name became MOOT.....Why the hell would you be wearing their anything? How would Beth like it if Jason was walking around with skinny girl plastered on his shit or her Family Crest? she would flip her fucking lid (the only reason she defended it was because once again she has to scapegoat someone and now its Dorinda's fault for ALL the shit she was talking about Carole that got back to her...I'm sorry was it Dorinda making you say those shitty things about Carole? no you said them its on film but trying to save face like it wont come out anyway is just making her look like a str8 up asshole) Its like her personal mission to assassinate anyone that she feels threatened by. When it didn't work on Carole in the backhanded way she was attacking Tinsley she switched gears and now is attacking Dorinda and Ramona.. AND the funny thing is she always made fun of how Sonja and Ramona always were goofing and shit now it looks like shes trying to take Ramona's place ...Bethany you are like WINDEX people can see right through your shit .....

(edited)
3 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

and when asked what she loved about him what does she say?? Money parties people they hung with boat trips nothing about how great of a man he was or what she loved about him all materialistic things nothing personal... go back she never says anything that she loves about the man just the things he gave her or places they went

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Sonja said she looked like a Beefeater.  Quick wit.  

Well - Sonja shouldn't talk, because she also has several hats that are somewhat similar.  I really just hope all those fur hats are faux.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

and when asked what she loved about him what does she say?? Money parties people they hung with boat trips nothing about how great of a man he was or what she loved about him all materialistic things nothing personal

She said he was the smartest man she knew and he taught her a lot. Sounds kind of personal to me. 

• Love 11
(edited)
23 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

She said he was the smartest man she knew and he taught her a lot. Sounds kind of personal to me. 

I'm sorry no she said that in a throwaway oh god i better say something so i dont come across has the social climber money grubber I am .... so she said ONE nice thing about the man after saying MONEY MONEY MONEY BOATS BOATS BOATS TRIPS TRIPS TRIPS FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO LOVE ME  ( really he taught her a lot and is smart? )proves she loved him?... I dont buy it when speaking about any time she was married to him HE never comes up its all the stuff they had that do ..... that doesn't  sound like a woman that really loved him she only brings out that sad line when pressed what did you love about him not his money... EVERYONE of these ladies when talking about their exs have good things to say about them without being prompted to (well except Beth) the complements or why they loved them arnt after thoughts to what those same people gave them or trips or parties they went to

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, ancslove said:

The Bethenny/Dorinda low-simmering feud is interesting.  They both seem to blame each other for things being uneasy.  I think it’s because Beth has had her biggest meltdowns in Dorinda’s home, and Dorinda deep down hasn’t forgiven her.

I think it's because she called her what she is:  a drunk. 

When Beth implied her and John were cokeheads a while back, she didn't seem that phased.  Maybe because she knew it wasn't true.  But I think Dorinda does not want to believe she's a drunk.  She can't stop drinking.  Won't stop drinking.  Blames drinking on her husband's death although I bet she tied one on many a time before that.  Deep down she knows she has a problem with alcohol and holds a grudge that Beth called her out on it publicly.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 17
59 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

If Jason changed his last name to "Skinnygirl" I would be giddy, giddy I tells ya!

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

How would Beth like it if Jason was walking around with skinny girl plastered on his shit or her Family Crest? she would flip her fucking lid

This is like comparing apples and unicorns!

A copyrighted logo/brand name is internationally protected, legally, to stop others reproducing and thereby benefitting from someone else's design/invention/work!

A family crest (in centuries of old) was a GIFTED design, given to a family when they were elevated into the aristocracy of their society, as a gesture to acknowledge their change in rank & as an identifier to people that the bearer of crest was a member of the aristocracy. When the design was given to the family, from that point on, it belonged to any member of that family that was alive OR any future member to come into the family from that point on.

Now, since the beginning of time there's only ever been 2 ways to join a family...Marry into it, or be born into it! Sonia married a Morgan...ergo....she joined the family & the crest belongs to her! Even if she changed her name back to her maiden name, in the eyes of feudal days you don't have to carry the name of the family to be considered a member of it. There's no stipulation that when u divorce that you are ejected from the family tree. In fact....regardless of the outcome of marriage...whether it be a long lasting marriage, widowhood or divorce...u are inextricably part of the family tree forever!! Ipso Facto.....Morgan crest belongs to Sonia every bit as much as it does to her ex husband who was born a Morgan!!!!

• Love 14
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Amyreebo said:

A copyrighted logo/brand name is internationally protected, legally, to stop others reproducing and thereby benefitting from someone else's design/invention/work!

Once again IF Jason was doing this Beth would be calling him a hanger on a nothing get your own life... thats what I'm talking about the talking out of the side of her mouth that its ok for Sonja to do it when if it was flipped around and Jason was using her name (crest) has a status she would be loosing her shit......  If he was walking around with the frankel crest her head would explode and everyone knows this is true.....defending Sonja for something she herself would be pissed about is just funny to me

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8

These are not the feudal days. Sonja is just reaching. It's one thing to keep the Morgan name, and another to actually wear the family crest. She likes to throw around names and places...she's a social climber, and I'd bet if she ever married again, she'd still keep the Morgan name. Even if she married, say a Rockefeller, she'd still keep the name. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, zenme said:

These are not the feudal days. Sonja is just reaching. It's one thing to keep the Morgan name, and another to actually wear the family crest. She likes to throw around names and places...she's a social climber, and I'd bet if she ever married again, she'd still keep the Morgan name. Even if she married, say a Rockefeller, she'd still keep the name. 

We don’t know if she would or not.  Is it really for the other housewives, who all have kept their married last names except for Bethenny, to deem it inappropriate for her to wear the signet ring? It was gifted to her. 

• Love 7

We don’t know if she would or not.  Is it really for the other housewives, who all have kept their married last names except for Bethenny, to deem it inappropriate for her to wear the signet ring? It was gifted to her. 

I don't mind the signet ring. It was a gift. The shoes though? Too much.

• Love 8

Sonja gets an effin' deer put on some slippers. Whoop-de-doo! Dorinda needs to have several seats this week. Her constant harping on Sonja was mean, and uncalled for. Who gives a shit? 

Lu looked gorgeous. Sobriety is definitely working in favour for Sonja and Lu. They both look amazing. Sonja's heartfelt hug to Lu was very genuine. Lu handled the evening very well, and she is my favorite housewife. She manages go with the flow, and is very forgiving. She deserves better than Tom the scumbag. 

Ramona is the worst. What a shitty fake friend. 

Squeaky didn't like that Lu's arrest bumped up her mugshot. It's not all about you, Princess Braids. Go try on some more wedding dresses. 

I don't like Carole, but I actually loved the dinosaur sweater. *hides*  Her overbite was very pronounced when she was hee-hawing about Lu's arrest dress in the car. Just remember, Carole...karma. She'll come for you soon enough. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Barbara Please said:

Sonja gets an effin' deer put on some slippers. Whoop-de-doo! Dorinda needs to have several seats this week. Her constant harping on Sonja was mean, and uncalled for. Who gives a shit.

Totally agree. Friends don't tear another friend a new asshole for these kinds of things. I think it was worth an eyeroll though.

• Love 9
(edited)
14 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

I'm shocked after all Bethenny's had to say about Sonja; not to mention disowning her after that product name fiasco! They'll get back to normal soon and Bethenny will be chewing Sonja up and spitting her out along with Dorinda for some reason! They are really going at it! ;-)

Bethenny fancies herself a champion of the weak/underdog and this season Sonja is like a kicked puppy.  However, this too shall pass. 

Edited by laprin
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

Lu looked gorgeous. Sobriety is definitely working in favour for Sonja and Lu. They both look amazing. Sonja's heartfelt hug to Lu was very genuine. Lu handled the evening very well, and she is my favorite housewife. She manages go with the flow, and is very forgiving. She deserves better than Tom the scumbag. 

Ramona is the worst. What a shitty fake friend. 

Squeaky didn't like that Lu's arrest bumped up her mugshot. It's not all about you, Princess Braids. Go try on some more wedding dresses. 

I don't like Carole, but I actually loved the dinosaur sweater. *hides*  Her overbite was very pronounced when she was hee-hawing about Lu's arrest dress in the car. Just remember, Carole...karma. She'll come for you soon enough. 

I liked the dinosaur too. Lu overshadows Carole when they are all together and Carole gets quieter. Carole asked her if she resisted, and Sonja asked if she was writing a story about it or what. Ha. I bet Carole misses the days when she and her homie Heather had more presence in the group. 

• Love 6
(edited)
6 minutes ago, laprin said:

Bethany fancies herself a champion of the weak/underdog and this season Sonja is like a kicked puppy.  However, this too shall pass. 

Exactly this she has been attacking Sonja and how nuts she is season after season doggin her fighting with her but now all the sudden because she is fighting with EVERYONE other then Luann she has to quickly pick up any friends she can and is defending her for things she normally would tear her apart for

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Jesus, Dorinda is a nasty bitch.  I get she doesn't like Sonja, but Sonja is as much a "Morgan" as she is a "Medley."  A lot of folks keep their married name after divorce because it's just easier that way.  Who the fuck cares if she's wearing a family crest?

It's not the ring/crest it's that Sonja is selling shoes with the Morgan crest on them, she is trying to make money off of he EX (10 years) husbands name. 

50 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

She talked about him in terms of the lifestyle being married to him got her, the parties, the trips, the monied connections, the yachts, the numerous homes, the clothing, the jewelry, all the material things his wealth afforded her, not him as a man. The only times Sonja has talked about her ex as a man was when they were meeting up to try and work out what she was still owed in the divorce (to Ramona) but otherwise, her talk is based on material things. 

4 minutes ago, laprin said:

Bethany fancies herself a champion of the weak/underdog and this season Sonja is like a kicked puppy.  However, this too shall pass. 

Well, Bethenny has already tweeted that she "Threw Sonja a BONE this season" with being her friend. LOL

• Love 16
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

It's not the ring/crest it's that Sonja is selling shoes with the Morgan crest on them, she is trying to make money off of he EX (10 years) husbands name. 

She talked about him in terms of the lifestyle being married to him got her, the parties, the trips, the monied connections, the yachts, the numerous homes, the clothing, the jewelry, all the material things his wealth afforded her, not him as a man. The only times Sonja has talked about her ex as a man was when they were meeting up to try and work out what she was still owed in the divorce (to Ramona) but otherwise, her talk is based on material things. 

She’s also talked with Dorinda about how she misses the family aspect of being with her husband and daughter. I’m not disputing that she laments the loss of the material things, but let’s not discount that she was wife/mother too and should be able to lament that as well without people shutting her down with the gold digger stuff. 

• Love 10

Sometimes I wonder if the producers give each woman a list of hot button issues she can choose from to stay relevant - and Dorinda read the list and said, “Well, the family crest thing is less hurtful than Sonja’s deteriorating sense of reality, or the drinking problem most of us have - let’s go with that!”

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, hottesthw said:

Except that Bethenny's argument was stupid. So according to her,  every woman that is widowed should immediately drop their husband's name and revert back to their own. No-one does that! However LOTS of women revert back to their maiden names after a decade passes from their divorce . Granted they don't have to either, but holding on to it so as to remain relevant in society like Sonja is doing, is pathetic . And seriously , her "responsibility" to the Morgan family? Get over yourself Sonja,  that "responsibility" has been passed on to his new wife and is no longer yours to worry about . 

I can totally understand Dorinda's annoyance with Sonja and would feel the same way. I couldn't imagine dealing with it in person as she makes my eyes roll out of my head just as a viewer.

I don't even disagree with Dorinda's point . Why the hell would Sonja want her EX husband's family crest (lol,wtf sorry this ridiculous crest thing is hilariously stupid) on her brand? 

I understand Dorinda’s annoyance with Sonja's fake society bullshit (she had to have a snatch gaurd, hey Lu)  but let it go Dorinda you only end up looking petty. 

Bethany sticking for Sonja was nice, I guess, but we're not stupid. She'd be laughing and picking on Sonja over the crest thing if she was good with Carole or Dorinda. I see you Bethany. 

Carole and Ramona were so annoying this episode.  Carole enjoying Lu's arrest too much. Ramona, I just dislike with all of my heart. She's still pissed about an invite to a wedding of a woman she doesn't even like,  whatever Ramona. Everyone is too kind to her. Not one of the ladies ever brought up Mario.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, laprin said:

I think this is the classic Housewives handbook.  One season, I battle you.  The next season we make up and I battle someone else.  Rinse.lather.repeat.  We've seen this before.  Heck, remember Ramona and Sonja's season with Aviva (Take a Xanax and CALM DOWN).  Next season they were buddies with her again while Aviva battled Carole and Heather.  

9 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

She’s also talked with Dorinda about how she misses the family aspect of being with her husband and daughter. I’m not disputing that she laments the loss of the material things, but let’s not discount that she was wife/mother too and should be able to lament that as well without people shutting her down with the gold digger stuff. 

Agreed.

Not to mention, if Sonja is a true gold digger, she most certainly could've gone after Aviva's dad George who was sticking his erect penis in her backside.  But she found him repulsive.  So while I do believe she would love to find another Morgan to take care of her and allow her to live that lifestyle, she doesn't seem to just care only about money too or George would've been her newest sugar daddy.

• Love 5

Yes, she did say that after Dorinda said that Morgan divorced her because she cheated on him and because she refused to come back to care for him when he was ill. Sonja spent more time away from Morgan than with him when they were married, she spent most of her time in Europe, he in Conn. It seems like as soon as Quincy was born Sonja thought she had it made and didn't need to play wife to him anymore, so, IMO, Sonja doesn't miss the man, she misses the lifestyle, she doesn't miss the "family time", she misses the lifestyle.

Maybe had Sonja apologized for supplying page six with all sorts of stories about Dorinda/John/Luann/Tinsley (including lies) and stopped being a current source for them, Dorinda would back off but Sonja keeps on doing it and acting innocent on camera. 

Remember, Sonja is the same woman that tried to scam a movie studio and then had her "powerful friends" threaten them for her! She is no innocent, she is a con-woman and knows how to work a crowd!

• Love 13
(edited)
7 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Not to mention, if Sonja is a true gold digger, she most certainly could've gone after Aviva's dad George who was sticking his erect penis in her backside.  But she found him repulsive.  So while I do believe she would love to find another Morgan to take care of her and allow her to live that lifestyle, she doesn't seem to just care only about money too or George would've been her newest sugar daddy.

Or she knew that he wasn't a settle down man and just wanted to fuck her and Aviva would have made it impossible for her to get a cent from him .... just throwing out something that seems just a little more plausible and didn't he have some gold digger of his own already?

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5
Just now, WireWrap said:

Yes, she did say that after Dorinda said that Morgan divorced her because she cheated on him and because she refused to come back to care for him when he was ill. 

No, she said it last season, when Dorinda was helping her clean out her basement.

• Love 1

Is it some unwritten rule to contact your friend if you run into their significant other while out and about?  I must be a horrible friend, because the thought of texting someone specifically to say "hey, I ran into your f*&% buddy" would never occur to me (unless it was about Tom, or there was something significant to share). I would probably mention it in our next conversation, but I don't think I'd go out of my way.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

A lot of women do this. I'm loathe to see Sonja's side in this (because she grates on my nerves. Actually, I just find her pathetic, honestly), but Sonja still retaining Morgan is much ado about nothing. Also, given that her daughter's last name is Morgan, I can see why she'd keep it. My mother did the same--keep my dad's last name--until she remarried nearly 22 years ago. This actually makes me wonder about LuAnn. Did she go *back to* de Lesseps after her divorce from Tom?

Now, on the family crest front, I do have to side-eye Sonja. Sonja is no longer part of the Morgan family. From what I've seen, she doesn't get invites to family functions (the way that Fergie does, who someone earlier mentioned). Sonja is simply not ensconced in the Morgan family that way so acting as though she has claims to the family crest, especially when she's planning to make money off it?, is just odd to me.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Lu had a ton of books in her little apartment! I always love to see fully stocked bookshelves.

There are places that sell books by the linear foot to decorators.

Oh, and how nice and protective of Dorinda to want the alcohol moved into HER room.

I assumed she just wanted it all for herself.  I think Dorinda is a drunk and I was taken aback at the phone conversation in the park where she was telling LuAnn what a great thing it was that she had this wake-up call to stop drinking.  For me, footage of me becoming combative and mean and unable to speak coherently when drinking would be a wake-up call.  But that's just me.

4 hours ago, bosawks said:

However, she may overplay her hand by the end of the year if she keeps couching the arrest circumstances as something that happened to her.  This didn't happen to you Lu, you happened to you, taking responsibility for the embarrassment is not the same as taking responsibility for the entire event

I did notice that when Dorinda(?) was horrified at the ankle shackles, LuAnn did say something like, "Well, I did get out of the handcuffs." 

3 hours ago, bosawks said:

This actually gave me pause.  WTH kind of mustard packets do they have in jail that biting into one is commensurate to biting into a dead fish?!?!

Dead fish are the only kind I've ever bitten into, and they were flaky so I don't know where she was coming from.  But it painted a nice word picture anyway.

• Love 7
(edited)
10 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I think this is the classic Housewives handbook.  One season, I battle you.  The next season we make up and I battle someone else.  Rinse.lather.repeat.  We've seen this before.  Heck, remember Ramona and Sonja's season with Aviva (Take a Xanax and CALM DOWN).  Next season they were buddies with her again while Aviva battled Carole and Heather.  

Agreed.

I don't think George's wallet was fat enough for her to take serious interest in him! 

3 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

No, she said it last season, when Dorinda was helping her clean out her basement.

I believe it was Bethenny helping Sonja, not Dorinda because she also had clothes for Bethenny's new B Strong/DFS charity. And, again, Sonja is a con, she knows how to play her role for the mark! LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I believe it was Bethenny helping Sonja, not Dorinda because she also had clothes for Bethenny's new B Strong/DFS charity. And, again, Sonja is a con, she knows how to play her role for the mark! LOL

Nope, it was Dorinda, telling her she needed to move on as they both stood there amidst rows of Wesson oil and boxes of stuffed animals. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

A lot of women do this. I'm loathe to see Sonja's side in this (because she grates on my nerves. Actually, I just find her pathetic, honestly), but Sonja still retaining Morgan is much ado about nothing. Also, given that her daughter's last name is Morgan, I can see why she'd keep it. My mother did the same--keep my dad's last name--until she remarried 20 years ago. This actually makes me wonder about LuAnn. Did she go *back to* de Lesseps after her divorce from Tom?

Now, on the family crest front, I do have to side-eye Sonja. Sonja is no longer part of the Morgan family. From what I've seen, she doesn't get invites to family functions (the way that Fergie does, which who someone earlier mentioned). Sonja is simply not ensconced in the Morgan family that way so acting as though she has claims to the family crest is just odd to me. 

Luann never legally changed her name after she/Tom married so no need to change it back after the divorce.

Sonja calls people inviting Quincy to Morgan events and her accompanying her minor daughter to said events as her still being included/wanted in that family. LOL She will twist stuff like this to fit her narrative until her dying day!

2 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Nope, it was Dorinda, telling her she needed to move on as they both stood there amidst rows of Wesson oil and boxes of stuffed animals. 

Are you sure it was Dorinda because I thought it was Bethenny, who then had a slew of Wesson Oil jokes about Sonja from it.

• Love 5