Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Every Mayflower Has Its Thorn

• Start Topic

This episode showed the difference between Ramona and Sonja in a nutshell:  Sonja is actually invited to Tom's party, doesn't throw it in Lu's face and just ignores it.  Even when asked about it, she keeps a low profile and doesn't make it a big deal.  Ramona, on the other hand, is a thirsty bitch salivating at the thought of going to a party on Lu's anniversary where Lu got married despite knowing Lu was having an awful time with the break-up, then continues to show no remorse, going so far as to post pics of Lu at dinner surrounded by wine. 

Ramona is simply not a nice person and Sonja is winning back my heart!

I was happy to see Carole reign in her unbridled glee at Lu's downfall once she actually talked to her and I was LIVING for her telling Tins that they whole competitiveness over getting arrested "isn't a good look."  She won back a few of the many many many brownie points she's lost from me this season with her pettiness. 

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I think this could be the reason.  She and Sawnya were both put off by the idea that Lu would dare date someone they had dated (hard not to do that, right?), and I can see the Ramona wheels turning to the point of wanting some sort of retribution in the form of at least hanging with Tom, at most bedding him.  I think her nasty mind would go there.  She is most definitely not a girls's girl.

If it had actually been their crest, possibly.

It isn't.  It's a generic stag profile from what I can tell.

So she is just implying that it is their crest? couldn't she be sued for false advertising from the family or from the manufacture if she is insinuating that its the Morgen crest when it isnt?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I think LuAnn is equally as self-centered as Ramona. LuAnn is perfectly fine behaving badly toward the women, and yet still expects that they treat her as though she’s their bestest friend ever. This rehab stay she had may be the first time I’ve *ever* seen LuAnn reflective about anything concerning how she acts.

The one thing that still alarms me about Luann is the whole "countess" persona they keep showing in flashbacks, like they did in this episode. She acted completely different when she was married to the count. So which is the real Luann? Bethenny loves to bring up the whole countess thing at any opportunity, probably because she knows how much Luann made a damn fool of herself putting on airs and graces back in the day, but to be fair Beth really has a point. Who was that person? You have to laugh because they are still echoes of it even now, like when Luann was on the phone on her way to meet Carole and was literally calling the driver "driver." Oh, Countess, lol when will it end?

• Love 4
Just now, Keywestclubkid said:

So she is just implying that it is their crest? couldn't she be sued for false advertising from the family or from the manufacture if she is insinuating that its the Morgen crest when it isnt?

What she says on this silly little show vs. how the product is marketed will likely be very different.  I really don't know how family crests work, but I know you can google the crest of the ________ family, and images will appear.  There are many, many Morgans out there in the world, does this one have it's own Morgan crest vs. a different Morgan family?  I don't know for sure.

End of the day, I don't think it matters.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, lezlers said:

This episode showed the difference between Ramona and Sonja in a nutshell:  Sonja is actually invited to Tom's party, doesn't throw it in Lu's face and just ignores it.  Even when asked about it, she keeps a low profile and doesn't make it a big deal.  Ramona, on the other hand, is a thirsty bitch salivating at the thought of going to a party on Lu's anniversary where Lu got married despite knowing Lu was having an awful time with the break-up, then continues to show no remorse, going so far as to post pics of Lu at dinner surrounded by wine. 

I was happy to see Carole reign in her unbridled glee at Lu's downfall once she actually talked to her and I was LIVING for her telling Tins that they whole competitiveness over getting arrested "isn't a good look."  She won back a few of the many many many brownie points she's lost from me this season with her pettiness. 

THIS.  All of this.  Sonja was a (dare a say) a class act for not telling Lu that she was invited.  

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

What she says on this silly little show vs. how the product is marketed will likely be very different.  I really don't know how family crests work, but I know you can google the crest of the ________ family, and images will appear.  There are many, many Morgans out there in the world, does this one have it's own Morgan crest vs. a different Morgan family?  I don't know for sure.

End of the day, I don't think it matters.

When you are talking about a family like the Morgans i'm sure they take anything that has anything remotely to do with there income or family name very seriously esp in marketing thats why they have the Morgan family board of directors... I'm just saying IF that isnt the crest and she is insinuating that it is and trying to make a profit off of it their lawyers are gonna be all over that

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

No she said it was the deer used in the family crest.  So a little different and certainly just one step away from anything actionable by the illustrious Morgan family.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Am I the only one who suspected that the only reason Sonja gazed into Lu’s eyes, babbled about Lu’s soul and hugged her was because Sonja was relieved that finally she wasn’t the most pitiful person in the room?

I think they all are secretly enjoying this. Being a real housewife is mostly about the show poking fun at you no matter how hard you try to look good. Each season a different housewife will be labelled as the one with the 'drinking problem' and all the others will pretend to be concerned when really all they want is an excuse to bring up another woman's drunken mishaps. God knows Luann has been a master of this in her time, staging 'interventions' and 'worrying' that Sonja's drinking will result in her taking some stranger home and having something awful happen to her. Well... I think we all know who the women will be 'concerned' about for the next season or so. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Am I the only one who suspected that the only reason Sonja gazed into Lu’s eyes, babbled about Lu’s soul and hugged her was because Sonja was relieved that finally she wasn’t the most pitiful person in the room?

I'll go out on a limb and say that it wouldn't surprise me if they all felt a little smuggy about the Queen Of All Things Class getting taken down a peg or six.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'll go out on a limb and say that it wouldn't surprise me if they all felt a little smuggy about the Queen Of All Things Class getting taken down a peg or six.

Absolutely this! The woman who had a book published about class and a song written about class will most definitely catch all the jokes and (faux) concern. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Maybe but it's also possible that these women abandon their HW persona from time to time and let their humanity show instead.   I've seen it happen before and its refreshing.   Even a  HW can sometimes get caught up in the moment.  

• Love 11
17 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Dorinda reminds me of Animal only she has an invisible drum set

animal-muppet-gif-9.gif

I think Dorinda harbors anger towards both Sonja and Bethenny because of the cocaine comments at the reunion.

Sonja has Dorinda's undying hatred because she further went on to have several published interviews where she claimed Dorinda "everybody knows she parties" Sonja also didn't treat Dorinda particularly well on her first season as Dorinda was a threat to her apple and "stole" Ramona from her.

Dorinda was still a bit peeved with Bethenny about the cocaine comment but she was DUNZO after the PR plane ride. Dorinda wants us all to concentrate on Bethenny calling her a drunk and NOT on what came out of Dorinda's own mouth about John. What I got out of the conversation, was that Dorinda loves John, but she's not in love with him, she doesn't  to change the status of their relationship and she will not make more of a commitment. She doesn't want to take a break from him, because she doesn't want to be back on the dating scene because she might not be able to find someone else, but she needs John because she doesn't want to die alone. She's going to talk how terrible a person Bethenny is that puts labels on her and hints at being set up by Bethenny and production for her being drunk and not taking any responsibility for her bad behavior. Dorinda herself said she a "vengeful bitch" and I think she plays a major role in the Carole Bethenny tension.

HOWLING!  Great comparison.  Also, great points!  

• Love 4
19 hours ago, sasha206 said:

If I were Dorinda's family members, I'd be pretty concerned with some of her behavior displayed -- particularly the drunken fights and sloppy drunk toasts.

Oh, I'm sure Dorinda's family is well aware and concerned. 

Holidays in the Berkshires probably aren't drunken slur fests only when the housewives are there.

Anybody who is 'lucky' enough to score an invite to Blue Stone(d) Manor probably takes a deep breath before knocking on the door. Here we go. Hide the knives. Did you remember to bring your spit shield mask?

• Love 6
On 6/20/2018 at 10:02 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Maybe it’s time to kick Ramona off of social media. She knows exactly what she’s doing. She thought she could squish Carole’s reaction by telling her how good she looked. Ramona needs work and not the plastic surgery kind...well maybe she is plastic, could be melted and remolded. Hmmm 

If you perfect that procedure can you do Kim ZB also? 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'm starting to believe the reason she wants Scott is because she really doesn't want kids.

If Tinsley went through all the needle sticks, hormones, monitoring and retrieval to save her eggs and doesn't really want kids? 

That's too twisted to contemplate.

I think she really wants them. And what's sad is, even though she has the eggs in the freezer, she still has a lot of hurdles to overcome before she gets there. If she wants them badly enough, she should just get the ball rolling toward that end. On her own. She can afford it. And sadly, money is often times the difference between the haves and the have nots when it comes to assisted reproduction. :-((

• Love 10
1 minute ago, ryebread said:

If Tinsley went through all the needle sticks, hormones, monitoring and retrieval to save her eggs and doesn't really want kids? 

Have you seen how pushy her mother is? I think that the egg thing was more her mothers idea and push then it was hers .....

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I think she really wants them. And what's sad is, even though she has the eggs in the freezer, she still has a lot of hurdles to overcome before she gets there. If she wants them badly enough, she should just get the ball rolling toward that end. On her own. She can afford it. And sadly, money is often times the difference between the haves and the have nots when it comes to assisted reproduction. :-((

I do too.  I'm sure that's why she is desperate for the chubby coupon guy.

If she has the means, just have the kids sans husband.  

• Love 6
  1. I'm surprised that they played the news report mentioning the name of the show.  That's pretty fourth-wally.  Maybe now we can also dispense with the nonsense of "this circle of women" and replace it with "my co-workers" or "my castmates"? I dream.
  2. Luann did look really good in that first scene with Dorinda.  I don't know why but I'm pulling for her.  She still lacks a lot of self-awareness (no, Lu, you do not know what it's like to be "stuck in the system") but I do like that she's able to admit her culpability and be self-deprecating about it. 
  3. Ramona is an asshole.  But that's not news. 
  4. How am I ever going to work the term "slob kebab" into casual conversation moving forward?  Because I *need* to.
  • Love 13
(edited)

Ramona's narcissism veers on sociopathy. She's always been self-absorbed to the point of hurting others. Remember the first season, when she was hypersexualized everywhere she went, including outings with her very young daughter? Flash-forward to her not forgiving Luann for "stealing Tom." Her Palm Beach trip was a mission to have the last word (and perhaps, um, fuck).

Carole's self-esteem is based on competition with other women, She viciously went after Jules, and now she's thrilled at Luann's public humiliation. Carole is loathsome.

Dorinda's drinking and depression are steadily getting the best of her. She seemed miserable on this trip. I do think the micro-managing of the rooms and schedule was driven by production (camera set-ups, best dynamics for room-sharing). But she seemed exhausted.

Luann and Sonja looked radiant. Sonja's funny when she's (relatively) sober.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 19
17 minutes ago, ladle said:
  1. I'm surprised that they played the news report mentioning the name of the show.  That's pretty fourth-wally.  Maybe now we can also dispense with the nonsense of "this circle of women" and replace it with "my co-workers" or "my castmates"? I dream.
  2. Luann did look really good in that first scene with Dorinda.  I don't know why but I'm pulling for her.  She still lacks a lot of self-awareness (no, Lu, you do not know what it's like to be "stuck in the system") but I do like that she's able to admit her culpability and be self-deprecating about it. 
  3. Ramona is an asshole.  But that's not news. 
  4. How am I ever going to work the term "slob kebab" into casual conversation moving forward?  Because I *need* to.

I love it too.  I feel that Dorinda must have picked it up from John (he's Armenian, and they do kebobs)  Or MAYBE she made it up and that's what she calls John  hahahaha

• Love 6

Let’s get real there’s one person who’s bullied, insulted, demeaned and mocked every one of us, and it sure as sh-- ain’t me.

I know that Sonja is Bethenny’s newfound bestie, the one Bethenny told was dead to her two years ago because she wanted to make a few bucks selling booze. That’s rich. And Benedict Arnold always tells the truth. [eye roll]   

You've got to hand it to Dorinda... she makes valid points about Bethenny!

• Love 14

Here is the dumb deer aka the Morgan crest.  It looks like any other deer.  Don't think its design is protected or anything.  I wouldn't look at that shoe and say, OMG its THE MORGAN shoe.   As far as JPMorgan Chase, they use the old Chase octagon logo beefed up a bit for the 21st century.  

Dorinda is never going to forgive Bethenny for disparaging Richard Medley's achievements.  He was a big time financial player, and Bethenny portrayed him as someone who wrote congress people's speeches.  Yeah, Bethenny, that is why he had big obits in all the major papers.  He achieved much more status and fame than her sometimes bf Dennis Shields, who steals from the poor.  

Maison-FS-1602-Black-Side-C.N.-1602001.jpg

• Love 10
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Ramona's narcissism veers on sociopathy. She's always been self-absorbed to the point of hurting others. Remember the first season, when she was hypersexualized everywhere she went, including outings with her very young daughter? Flash-forward to her not forgiving Luann for "stealing Tom." Her Palm Beach trip was a mission to have the last word (and perhaps, um, fuck).

Carole's self-esteem is based on competition with other women, She viciously went after Jules, and now she's thrilled at Luann's public humiliation. Carole is loathsome.

Dorinda's drinking and depression are steadily getting the best of her. She seemed miserable on this trip. I do think the micro-managing of the rooms and schedule was driven by production (camera set-ups, best dynamics for room-sharing). But she seemed exhausted.

Luann and Sonja looked radiant. Sonja's funny when she's (relatively) sober.

Sociopathic! THAT’S the word I’ve been looking for, for Ramona. I don’t understand how people can find her funny nor amusing. Her total lack of concern for others and consistent excusing herself for any and all behaviors chills me to the bone. Who would be her friends, invited to her place for that dinner for 10 or 12?  

And Carole, “loathesome?” Yep!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, lezlers said:

Ramona, on the other hand, is a thirsty bitch salivating at the thought of going to a party on Lu's anniversary where Lu got married despite knowing Lu was having an awful time with the break-up, then continues to show no remorse, going so far as to post pics of Lu at dinner surrounded by wine. 

Although I think what Ramona did was wrong, I don't think that the ladies  - except for Tinsley, were aware of just how bad LuAnn was hurting.  Early on Tins kept saying that she knew LuAnn wasn't okay, but that LuAnn wouldn't admit it to herself or any of them.  The other ladies seemed to take her supposed good mood about the divorce in stride.  They weren't as worried as Tins was as to whether she was really okay or not.  

1 hour ago, coops said:

I know that Sonja is Bethenny’s newfound bestie, the one Bethenny told was dead to her two years ago because she wanted to make a few bucks selling booze. That’s rich. And Benedict Arnold always tells the truth. [eye roll]   

Exactly!  It seems to be okay for Bethenny to be an ass to people, but when other people pile on someone, then she's all of a sudden incensed about it.  I think she's jealous of Tinsley and Carole's friendship.  She can state how their friendship is great and doesn't bother her, but I think down deep she's pissed off about it.  It reminds me of the scene in the movie 'Rules of Engagement' where Tommy Lee Jones' character confronted the Senator about his lies concerning the video tape: " Have you ever had a pissed off Marine on your ass?"  I wont let up until I get to the truth (or something similarly said.)  Bethenny's like that to me.   Have you ever had a pissed off Skinny Girl on your ass?  I won't let up until you guys are nice to Sonja! 

• Love 13
23 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I promise I love you for this.   49% of me wants to laugh at the bittersweetness of it.     The other 51.  You'll see more of this if you watch World News Tonight, tonight with David Muir.  On Tuesday in Pittsburgh, PA, my daughter's boyfriend's best friend was shot by a police officer who'd been on the job merely hours.   I was about to say it was because he ran from the cops during a traffic stop.  More accurately, the because is: a black "man" ran from the cops during a traffic stop.   His name was Antwon Rose.  He graduated from a ceremony I was supposed to attend on June 7th.  He was 17 years old.     My daughter asked if she and her bf could take my car and go on an ice cream run.   I said no.    Lemme get back to some regularly scheduled foolishness before I bust out bawling.   The point is, the option to cut a whole entire fool talking to the police is an honor.  Lu should feel special. 

Oh, ZW - this all just makes me so sad.  Prayers for all involved.  

• Love 11
4 hours ago, lezlers said:

I'm still not 100% convinced that Sonja WAS invited to Tom's party.  I think that Sonja says she's invited to a lot of things, when she actually wasn't.  It's an old play in the UES social set - if you do not get invited to an event - you plan a getaway or vacation during the time of the event, and say you were invited, but you had the travel plans already, so you had to decline.

2 hours ago, ryebread said:

2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Have you seen how pushy her mother is? I think that the egg thing was more her mothers idea and push then it was hers .....

2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I do too.  I'm sure that's why she is desperate for the chubby coupon guy.

If she has the means, just have the kids sans husband.  

All of this makes me wonder if maybe there is some trust money tied up with a clause about having children.

• Love 11
(edited)

Apparently I am the scapegoat for Bethenny and Carole not getting along. Last I checked, they made their peace, hugged it out over lunch, and moved on. Carole was happy the bad vibes were behind them and looking forward to seeing Bethenny at the spa. But waaaaaait…this week Bethenny decides to tell Sonja that “Carole is still upset with her” (she wasn’t) and guess what? “It’s all Dorinda’s fault” (it isn’t).(from Dorinda’s blog) .......this is exactly what I said lol how the fuck is it Dorindas fault that Bethenny was talking shit about Carole and she found out about it and was upset? She is on camera talking shit about Carole it’s not Dorinda saying these things and blaming it on Bethenny it’s Bethenny herself saying them ON CAMERA so at some point Carole was gonna hear it herself and then get pissed that none of these girls tried to warn her if they didn’t say anything. lol good god Bethenny take responsibility for talking shit without trying to blame someone else for your shit behavior. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I have wondered about this several times myself. I think Dorinda knew Tom was a player and a d- -k, and thought that Lu would hit it off with him because she is a bit of a player, too. But I don’t think Dorinda expected Lu to want to be his wife. I think Dorinda thought they would just hang out and have fun. 

But at this point, if I were Dorinda, I would be apologizing to Lu again and again.

I agree with the first part. But not the apology. Lu knew what Tom was. She went through with the marriage because of pride, not love. I'm sorry she's hurting, but she only has herself to blame. Tom made it quite clear who he was.

• Love 13

From Slurinda's blog:

The Family Crest again. Yes, I have my late husband's name, as does Carole, as do most people when they are widowed (key word being widowed not divorced). In fact, to drop a late husband’s last name after his death is a real dishonor. I don’t know a single widow who did unless she remarried. I’m still schooling these girls in the difference between divorce and death?

She continues to be completely obnoxious about this. Divorce or death, pain is pain, and it's disturbing that she seems to think that a woman who has experienced a divorce cannot possibly claim to have suffered as much a woman whose husband has died. The name thing, is she honestly this obtuse? I know plenty of divorced women who kept their married names because they have children with their ex-husband and want to have the same last name as their kids. I've asked this before, but what in the holy fuck is Dorinda's problem? She needs to move on.

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

It's an old play in the UES social set - if you do not get invited to an event - you plan a getaway or vacation during the time of the event, and say you were invited, but you had the travel plans already, so you had to decline.

What a bizarre culture.

• Love 10
(edited)
25 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

From Slurinda's blog:

She continues to be completely obnoxious about this. Divorce or death, pain is pain, and it's disturbing that she seems to think that a woman who has experienced a divorce cannot possibly claim to have suffered as much a woman whose husband has died. The name thing, is she honestly this obtuse? I know plenty of divorced women who kept their married names because they have children with their ex-husband and want to have the same last name as their kids. I've asked this before, but what in the holy fuck is Dorinda's problem? She needs to move on.

Because she’s not keeping the name for an altruistic purposes but for the perks that come with the name there is a difference between keeping the name so you and your child have the same last name and keeping the name thinking it gives her some station in life that is a legacy like she “earned” or was “born into” it when she hasn’t and wasn’t she only kept the name for the “perks” she doesn’t want to build anything on her own but wants things handed to her becuse of a name. There is also the aspect of choice in this situation Dorinda is keeping the name out of respect and love to her dead husband Sonja is keeping it for status 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 15
18 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I agree with the first part. But not the apology. Lu knew what Tom was. She went through with the marriage because of pride, not love. I'm sorry she's hurting, but she only has herself to blame. Tom made it quite clear who he was.

That’s a good point. People will usually show us who they are. We need to pay attention.

I am actually kind of surprised that she is hurting so much. It really was all so quick. Unless she’s just horrifyingly embarrassed. 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Because she’s not keeping the name for an altruistic purposes but for the perks that come with the name there is a difference between keeping the name so you and your child have the same last name and keeping the name thinking it gives her some station in life that is a legacy like she “earned” or was “born into” it when she hasn’t and wasn’t she only kept the name for the “perks” she doesn’t want to build anything on her own but wants things handed to her becuse of a name. There is also the aspect of choice in this situation Dorinda is keeping the name out of respect and love to her dead husband Sonja is keeping it for status 

Yes but Sonja does have a child with that last name so it makes sense for her to keep it. 

There's no reason for Dorinda to give up Richard's name either.   I've never known a widow to change her name after her husband passed away.   They keep the name unless and until they remarry.   

• Love 10

Dorinda’s issue is not that she keeps Morgan as her last name it’s that she uses that name, it’s townhouse, it’s borrowed buttler and the assorted trappings of an ex husband who’s divovrce has lasted longer than their 7-8 marriage.

Why would any of that be an issue for Dorinda? (Also, the townhouse belongs to Sonja.)

If, as was mentioned, Dorinda's real beef is Sonja's supposed tabloid-tattling, then she needs to make that case instead of continuously attacking Sonja's sexuality and her sense of family, neither of which has eff all to do with Dorinda's life.

Naw, Lady Morgan truly madly loves her some Countess. #SonLu4Evah

• Love 6
(edited)
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Yes but Sonja does have a child with that last name so it makes sense for her to keep it. 

Yes it does make sense for a normal person but again Sonja isnt “normal” and is only keeping it for status not for love of her child or ex. The reason I say this is just listen to how much emphasis she puts on having the “Morgan” name and the status it carries I mean even in her intro this season it spells it out she’s a social climber and is using the name to milk it for all it’s worth. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Apparently I am the scapegoat for Bethenny and Carole not getting along. Last I checked, they made their peace, hugged it out over lunch, and moved on. Carole was happy the bad vibes were behind them and looking forward to seeing Bethenny at the spa. But waaaaaait…this week Bethenny decides to tell Sonja that “Carole is still upset with her” (she wasn’t) and guess what? “It’s all Dorinda’s fault” (it isn’t).(from Dorinda’s blog) .......this is exactly what I said lol how the fuck is it Dorindas fault that Bethenny was talking shit about Carole and she found out about it and was upset? She is on camera talking shit about Carole it’s not Dorinda saying these things and blaming it on Bethenny it’s Bethenny herself saying them ON CAMERA so at some point Carole was gonna hear it herself and then get pissed that none of these girls tried to warn her if they didn’t say anything. lol good god Bethenny take responsibility for talking shit without trying to blame someone else for your shit behavior. 

Carole has said (and Dorinda repeated it as well) that she found out that Bethenny was talking smack about her/Adam behind her back from numerous people, I suspect this includes production/members of the film crew!

Just now, AnnA said:

There's no reason for Dorinda to give up Richard's name either.   I've never known a widow to change her name after her husband passed away.   They keep the name unless and until they remarry.   

I have no problem with Sonja keeping her last name Morgan, as you say, it is her daughter's last name. Where I have the issue with Sonja is that she believes and presents herself as a current member of that family entitled to all the perks that go along with that name and the social standing of THE Morgan family and she doesn't. Quincy, Yes, Sonja, NO! 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Yes it does make sense for a normal person but again Sonja isnt “normal” and is only keeping it for status not for love of her child or ex. The reason I say this is just listen to how much emphasis she puts on having the “Morgan” name and the status it carries I mean even in her intro this season it spells it out she’s a social climber and is using the name to milk it for all it’s worth. 

I agree with you.  It is a status symbol for her but I also believe she loves her daughter.    For some unknown reason I have a soft spot for Sonja and keep hoping she'll come back to earth and leave her alternate reality behind.    On those rare occasions when she does, she makes sense.    I thought she was awesome with LuAnn this week. 

• Love 4

Where I have the issue with Sonja is that she believes and presents herself as a current member of that family entitled to all the perks that go along with that name and the social standing of THE Morgan family and she doesn't. 

Is the Morgan family pressed about it? If not, I don't understand why anybody else should be. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, jaync said:

Why would any of that be an issue for Dorinda? (Also, the townhouse belongs to Sonja.)

If, as was mentioned, Dorinda's real beef is Sonja's supposed tabloid-tattling, then she needs to make that case instead of continuously attacking Sonja's sexuality and her sense of family, neither of which has eff all to do with Dorinda's life.

Naw, Lady Morgan truly madly loves her some Countess. #SonLu4Evah

IMO, I suspect that Dorinda is trying to expose Sonja for the liar/scammer she is by outing her lies/games. She called Sonja out for the page six/tabloid stories already, as did Luann/Tinsley to no avail. Sonja didn't apologize nor did she stop doing it and Dorinda is at the point of no return until she does. I think she would be better if she just ignored her but I don't think Dorinda can nor do I think will production would be Ok with that either. 

• Love 13
(edited)
20 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I agree with you.  It is a status symbol for her but I also believe she loves her daughter.    For some unknown reason I have a soft spot for Sonja and keep hoping she'll come back to earth and leave her alternate reality behind.    On those rare occasions when she does, she makes sense.    I thought she was awesome with LuAnn this week. 

I have no doubt she loves her child. I however do have doubts on why she kept the Morgan name ? I don’t think anyone would give a flying fig if she was just honest and said I kept it for the status I think they would be like alright and drop it. But her “acting” like the money had nothing to do with it and what power it gave her and status when it’s 100% obvious that’s the whole reason she kept it is what I think is ticking some people off. That’s just my 2cents ?

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I have no problem with Sonja keeping her last name Morgan, as you say, it is her daughter's last name. Where I have the issue with Sonja is that she believes and presents herself as a current member of that family entitled to all the perks that go along with that name and the social standing of THE Morgan family and she doesn't. Quincy, Yes, Sonja, NO! 

You're right.   The name doesn't give her the social standing it once did.   I think it's Sonja's delusion and one I doubt she really believes.   Maybe she hopes that if she keeps thinking and/or saying it someone will believe it or she can convince herself that it's true.  Then again, some people are lost in fantasyland.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, jaync said:

Is the Morgan family pressed about it? If not, I don't understand why anybody else should be. 

Her ex has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with her at all. They don't talk/communicate about anything, including Quincy. Any ties Sonja has had with the extended Morgan family have been through/because of Quincy. Sonja would accompany her daughter to social/public events held in the family's honor because Quincy was/still is a minor. 

• Love 6