Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Every Mayflower Has Its Thorn

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

To be honest, I heard Judge Marilyn Milian of People's Court say that exact thing long before Dorinda Medley was on anyone's radar.  Says she's been drilling it into her three daughter's heads for years.

I've heard her say that too - She says it all the time.  I heard it years ago, though, long before I ever heard her say it.  

So it's certainly good advice, but Dorinda didn't come up with it on her own.  (Which is fine - I don't think she's tried to take credit for it.)

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/21/2018 at 6:38 PM, AnnA said:

Whew!   I finally finished reading this entire thread!    What day is it?  LOL

I'm going to rewatch before I add my two cents.    For now, I'll just say that Dorinda looks awful in her THs.   What's with the white hair and dark purple lipstick?   She reminded me of Cruella DeVille. 

Dorinda has always alternated between attractive and kind of frumpy to me. When she's drunk and unkempt I can picture her in a soiled uniform waiting tables at a truck stop diner and yelling at the cooks in the kitchen.  I've never really liked her hair, but especially not like this season. It's a little too close to the "wet-set" my mother used to get, and it ages Dorinda. She looks better in most of the THs, but then they all do. But the one with the white hair and dark lipstick isn't a good look for her. 

Luann is gorgeous and has regal bearing (when she's not drunk). 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 7
On 6/22/2018 at 5:12 PM, biakbiak said:

Because Bethenny madeit an issue. As for Dorinda well she hates Sonja for selling stories to Page Six and Sonja doesn’t just say these shoes I “designed” are cute it’s that they are super special because they are taken from MY family crest and on and on and ridiculous and it’s pathetic and annoying. This was one of the million times on the show she has droned on and on about the “Morgan” name, she got served divorce papers after 7/8 years of marriage and now it’s more than 12 years since it was finalized and Sonja is an annoying asshole.

I binge watched this show on Hulu. Went down the rabbit hole. I really grew to dislike Sonja. Like others have said she can be funny, but overall she is a big sham. She is the one that treats the help--sometimes unpaid-badly. She stirs the pot and then acts all innocent.

From her debut she has talked about her luxury lifestyle and she is a full on braggart. Just hard to be around.  Where are all her friends??  With Ramona you see her friends year after year. The same women who come to her b-day parties. She is shady.

• Love 9
(edited)
13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think it matters because page six is widely read/believed in NYC

The whole bruhaha over Page Six makes me laugh.   I'm sure I would care if I was mentioned on Page Six but knowing what I do, I'd try to not take it seriously.    As a native New Yorker I have to say that the NY Post has the reputation of being a tabloid rag.   It's different than the National Enquirer only because it's a daily paper and not sold at the checkout counter in the supermarket so you can't peek at the contents for free while waiting in line.   You actually have to buy it at a newsstand if they carry it.   I can honestly tell you that I don't know a single person who reads the NY Post.  Even the local 7-11s around here don't sell it.   I'm guessing that's because no one would buy it but they all have the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Newsday (a Long Island paper).  

I question whether or not the NY Post actually pays for stories.   Does anyone know if it's true?    They'd probably like to be considered a legitimate news outlet but paying for gossip stories is more of a trashy tabloid practice.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
On 6/23/2018 at 11:54 AM, AnnA said:

I agree about Sonja and LuAnn.  They look great.......especially Sonja.  Whatever she's doing it's working even if it's just cutting way back on her drinking.   

Yeah. I don’t know these bitches. I’m not in their kitchen at 2am so of course I don’t know what the fuck they’re doing away from the cameras. I’m also not a Dr so I’m not willing to diagnose anyone with an addiction, nor do I think complete  lifelong abstinence is the only way to deal with problem use. Whatever Sonjia is doing she seems better. Same with Luanne. Keep it up girls. Not getting sloppy drunk on camera is a positive thing, no matter what else they’re doing.

• Love 8
On 6/22/2018 at 1:38 PM, coops said:

Let’s get real there’s one person who’s bullied, insulted, demeaned and mocked every one of us, and it sure as sh-- ain’t me.

I know that Sonja is Bethenny’s newfound bestie, the one Bethenny told was dead to her two years ago because she wanted to make a few bucks selling booze. That’s rich. And Benedict Arnold always tells the truth. [eye roll]   

Apologies if this isn't your quote Coops, it looked like it had been attributed to you upthread.   Lol!!  Sort of like Al Capone's entire criminal enterprise consisted of tax evasion?    At the risk of exhuming bodies, may I elaborate?     Sonja self admittedly created an infringement brand of liquor using copycat imaging, product type and name of a similar booze.  In other words she thought literally riding the coattails of her friend's success would be the most sincere form of flattery.   As oppossed to, like, infringement.   She wanted to make a few bucks selling booze is an apt, but entirely incomplete description of why that angered Beth.   

On 6/22/2018 at 3:15 PM, LilaFowler said:

From Slurinda's blog:

She continues to be completely obnoxious about this. Divorce or death, pain is pain, and it's disturbing that she seems to think that a woman who has experienced a divorce cannot possibly claim to have suffered as much a woman whose husband has died. The name thing, is she honestly this obtuse? I know plenty of divorced women who kept their married names because they have children with their ex-husband and want to have the same last name as their kids. I've asked this before, but what in the holy fuck is Dorinda's problem? She needs to move on.

I get why she finds it annoying but I want her to come out and say it to Sonja (and while she's at it, Luann, since she's so pissed on GP).    Divorce and death aren't the same loss, one is voluntary one is involuntary, I get it Dorinda.  But you come by the last name the same way.   

On 6/22/2018 at 4:44 PM, jaync said:

Well, if Sonja was such a horrible liability to the Morgan family, then her ex would've gotten sole custody of Quincy a long time ago and/or would have someone else chaperoning her.

Dorinda slut-shames Sonja for her past (which Dorinda wasn't a part of), and her present.  Bottom line, Dorinda is a judgmental bitch who needs to worry about her own vodka-soaked vagina.

Now I would like for you to find me a perfectly innocent, but contextual conversation, in which I may use this exact phrase.   Conference call is preferable but I'll take it wherever you can make it applicable.

On 6/23/2018 at 2:02 AM, FozzyBear said:

Wow, what the fuck is wrong with Ramona? No normal person needs to be told that a friend who has 4 felonies pending wants to keep a low profile and probably stay off social media in general. And no one who has been dealing with press for 10 + Years needs to be told this. Posting that picture and pretending not to understand the problem is crazy. Is she insane? Stupid? Sociopathic? Out to get Luanne? I mean What. The. Actual. Fuck. I’ve been asking this for 12 years, but honestly what is wrong with her?

lol yeah well, the thing is, all of those sides come with sociopathy entrees.  There's never a need to worry about stupid or crazy or impulsive or obtuse or unempathetic, they're included.   If you're lucky, asshole a la mode is also part of the prix fixe. 

On 6/24/2018 at 9:52 AM, Gem 10 said:

Lol, yes.  But, wasn’t there a moment of doubt before the wedding when they were thinking of not going thru with it, but decided to get married anyhow being that all preparations were in place?

But girl, he had a penthouse!

19 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

@Wicked Great clip. Thanks for finding and sharing. 

tumblr_osa4rdbqq21ql5yr7o1_500.gif?w=620

19 hours ago, Chalby said:

Well said. On a similar, yet different train of thought, When I was watching this episode, I was in Luanne's corner thinking, gosh, how low will Ramona go re: Tom and being invited to a party. But then I think back to Luanne's entire demeanor while she was 'engaged' to Tom. She did NOT want to hear about his prior dealings with Ramona and Sonja, and as she said to Sonja, "Yes, but he's marrying me." Prior to Luanne, Tom was dating Ramona. Now that he's divorced, she may be fine with resuming their 'friends with benefits' status. I can't diss on Ramona (even though I truly dislike her) because all these women have been in similar positions, at one point in their lives. Dorinda's dating bill is pretty clean, but she still dated John all while knowing her daughter didn't like him. Come on, ladies... no one should be pointing fingers.

I'd say this is fair if Ramona's platform wasn't supporting her girl squad.    I don't think the issue is she might be lonely or spiteful more than she's a duplicitous snake spouting some bullshit about how important friends are at this stage of life.  If I was properly paying attention, I believe she said in one of her THs husbands come and go but girlfriends are forever that's why it's important to cherish these friendships.    Fuck it, I don't know, maybe she thinks cherish means the same thing kadooz does. 

28 minutes ago, AnnA said:

The whole bruhaha over Page Six makes me laugh.   I'm sure I would care if I was mentioned on Page Six but knowing what I do, I'd try to not take it seriously.    As a native New Yorker I have to say that the NY Post has the reputation of being a tabloid rag.   It's different than the National Enquirer only because it's a daily paper and not sold at the checkout counter in the supermarket so you can't peek at the contents for free while waiting in line.   You actually have to buy it at a newsstand if they carry it.   I can honestly tell you that I don't know a single person who reads the NY Post.  Even the local 7-11s around here don't sell it.   I'm guessing that's because no one would buy it but they all have the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Newsday (a Long Island paper).  

I question whether or not the NY Post actually pays for stories.   Does anyone know if it's true?    They'd probably like to be considered a legitimate news outlet but paying for gossip stories is more of a trashy tabloid practice.  

It's gonna sound super nose turned up to say so but this is one of the ways working class people in nyc tell each other apart socioeconomically.   The Post is blue collar.   The Journal and Times are white and the orange paper Financial Times is upper white.   A shitty, but pretty reliable, system.   This is sort of why I don't understand why Dorinda would even raise an eyebrow at what Sonja did.  Nobody in their "circle" reads the Post.  More shittiness?  - nobody at all "reads" the post, it's mostly pictorial.     

• Love 12
(edited)
14 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Nobody in their "circle" reads the Post.  More shittiness?  - nobody at all "reads" the post, it's mostly pictorial.

I shall be subscribing forthwith.  Or is it fourthwidth?

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I shall be subscribing forthwith.  Or is it fourthwidth?

8 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Mmm.  You shan’t.  ??

THIS is perfection!    Thank you.

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:17 AM, breezy424 said:

I totally get the difference between having a spouse die as opposed to getting divorced.  I'm team Dorinda on this.  If you are married, you are a part of your spouse's family, even after death.  The contract/commitment is still there.  If you get divorced, the contract/commitment is no longer enforced or exists.  Sonja uses the Morgan surname as if it is hers.  She can keep that surname but it has no significance.   That's why Dorinda is pissed about it.  Sonja is not a 'Morgan'.  Her daughter is...but So isn't anymore.  And her using it as a part of selling something is hypocritical to say the least.  So is So's tagline about legacy.  It's kind of pathetic IMO.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, Otherkate said:

Comparing people's pain and assigning values is a losing game. Dorinda needs sobriety and yoga. 

I've been divorced and am still part of my ex's family.  It's not written in stone that you're out of the family due to divorce.  It depends on all parties and the situation.  How sad is it or would it be to be married for 20+ years and then suddenly you're no longer part of a family because the marriage dissolved?    And FTR, when my uncle passed away his wife voluntarily took herself out of his/our family, her choice.  So again, not written in stone that you remain part of the family if death ends the marriage versus divorce.  

I understand what Dorinda is saying but I don't agree with her 100%.  Pain is pain and loss is loss.  Some people never fully get over a spouse's death; others move forward.  Some more quickly than others.  Some people never stop hurting over a divorce.  Sometimes one party doesn't want a divorce, doesn't see it coming.  

I very much agree with @Otherkate.  Trying to compare people's pain is really a losing game.  Dorinda may be stronger than Sonja, period, and able to handle her pain better.  Who knows?  It really doesn't matter.  If anything, Dorinda should feel sorry for Sonja that Sonja clearly is still affected by her divorce.  

And again - - I really don't know why Dorinda thinks it's her business or concern that Sonja has kept the Morgan name.  If that's her legal name, then yes, she IS a Morgan.  And so what if she uses it to sell things?  I don't blame her.  Use whatever you have to get sales, whether that be a family connection or being on RHONY.  Dorinda clearly needs a job or something else to occupy her so she's not freaking the fuck out over Sonja.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

This is sort of why I don't understand why Dorinda would even raise an eyebrow at what Sonja did.  Nobody in their "circle" reads the Post.  More shittiness?  - nobody at all "reads" the post, it's mostly pictorial.     

I know very little about the Dorinda/Sonja/Page Six situation but I did actually laugh out loud  when Carole told Bethenny she had to call Page Six to to stop them from printing anything about their rift because it wasn't true.   That's just ridiculous.  No one cares.  The NY Post is a joke.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

Again, these page six stories about the HWs are then repeated by other tabloids, bloggers and sometimes they make to the places like E news! I know I would not be happy if someone I work with was spreading lies about me and especially if those lies were then repeated throughout the company I worked for, which is what Sonja was/is doing. 

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Dorinda may be stronger than Sonja, period, and able to handle her pain better.

I’m not so sure about that. It might be the reason why she seems to be drinking so much. That my help her cope but only temporarily and drinking too much exacerbates depression. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Apologies if this isn't your quote Coops, it looked like it had been attributed to you upthread.   Lol!!  Sort of like Al Capone's entire criminal enterprise consisted of tax evasion?    At the risk of exhuming bodies, may I elaborate?     Sonja self admittedly created an infringement brand of liquor using copycat imaging, product type and name of a similar booze.  In other words she thought literally riding the coattails of her friend's success would be the most sincere form of flattery.   As oppossed to, like, infringement.   She wanted to make a few bucks selling booze is an apt, but entirely incomplete description of why that angered Beth.   

Sonja was just the "face" of TG, she didn't have anything else to do with it. She didn't create it, name it, invest in it, nothing. In fact, Peter offered Ramona the job first, she turned it down and he then offered it to Sonja. Oh, Bethenny was well aware of all of this at the time.

19 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I know very little about the Dorinda/Sonja/Page Six situation but I did actually laugh out loud  when Carole told Bethenny she had to call Page Six to to stop them from printing anything about their rift because it wasn't true.   That's just ridiculous.  No one cares.  The NY Post is a joke.

Well, we know it means something to these HWs, including but not limited to Bethenny! Bethenny went off on Kristen for her nice comments that were printed in page six!

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Sonja was just the "face" of TG, she didn't have anything else to do with it. She didn't create it, name it, invest in it, nothing. In fact, Peter offered Ramona the job first, she turned it down and he then offered it to Sonja. Oh, Bethenny was well aware of all of this at the time.

Well, we know it means something to these HWs, including but not limited to Bethenny! Bethenny went off on Kristen for her nice comments that were printed in page six!

No, I understand girl, I was responding to the innocence implied by Sonja being some hardworking hustler that Beth cast to the depths of hell for just trying to make a coupla dollas.   That isn't why B was upset.   I guess from what we've seen between toaster ovens and fashion lines, Sonja may, in fact, be this unsavvy.   Actually, it explains her shock and tears.  But even given that, I don't believe a woman with the sort of self awareness and sense of loyalty she demonstrated with Luanne, wouldn't say hey by the way Peter, before I sign this here contract, quick question - um, tipsy girl and skinny girl, they sound pretty close, is it just me?   Bethenney knew how peripheral Sonja's involvement was, but before there was involvement, Sonja knew that Tipsy Girl was based on an existing, marketed, succeeding product,  which her costar/friend was the face of.    That was what the whole appeal of TG was. 

2nd part - wasn't a content issue.   This was Beth's response to Kristen being newly cast and bringing up her name in several interviews.   

"I’m sensitive to people commenting about me in the press. I have enemies to do that. I don’t tolerate it from people that I know. My issue was that Kristen acts as if she is very green to this process when that isn’t accurate. She has done many interviews and been on many red carpets. What she said in quotes wasn’t kind. I read it, and I know its context. This happens to be something I do have a lot of experience with. Glad we could move on,”

Not Beth fans are bound to see it differently but I think she has a very consistent theme - don't use me or mine for your come up.   

• Love 10
(edited)
37 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

No, I understand girl, I was responding to the innocence implied by Sonja being some hardworking hustler that Beth cast to the depths of hell for just trying to make a coupla dollas.   That isn't why B was upset.   I guess from what we've seen between toaster ovens and fashion lines, Sonja may, in fact, be this unsavvy.   Actually, it explains her shock and tears.  But even given that, I don't believe a woman with the sort of self awareness and sense of loyalty she demonstrated with Luanne, wouldn't say hey by the way Peter, before I sign this here contract, quick question - um, tipsy girl and skinny girl, they sound pretty close, is it just me?   Bethenney knew how peripheral Sonja's involvement was, but before there was involvement, Sonja knew that Tipsy Girl was based on an existing, marketed, succeeding product,  which her costar/friend was the face of.    That was what the whole appeal of TG was. 

2nd part - wasn't a content issue.   This was Beth's response to Kristen being newly cast and bringing up her name in several interviews.   

Not Beth fans are bound to see it differently but I think she has a very consistent theme - don't use me or mine for your come up.   

Ok, I understand now. The post you quoted was about something Dorinda said in her blog about Sonja/Bethenny, not something Sonja said about Bethenny, which is why I posted what I did! LOL As for Sonja's attitude, I'm going to take a guess and say that I don't think Sonja thought about Bethenny, or anyone else for that matter, when she said "Yes" to Peter, she only cares about coins for her own pockets, not theirs. Sonja has loyalty to no one other than herself and will turn on Bethenny again if given the chance as long as she feels her Apple is securely in her grasp. 

No, Kristen said something nice about Bethenny and Bethenny told her she didn't care what she said, she was to keep her name out of her mouth when it came to the press/paps. LOL Kristen was asked if Bethenny was hard/difficult to work with (something along those lines) and Kristen told them "No", she was/is fine and for them not to believe what others were saying about Bethenny. It was nice, supportive without going into detail. Bethenny was way off base getting mad at her and then holding a grudge against her for that comment.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Ok, I understand now. The post you quoted was about something Dorinda said in her blog about Sonja/Bethenny, not something Sonja said about Bethenny, which is why I posted what I did! LOL As for Sonja's attitude, I'm going to take a guess and say that I don't think Sonja thought about Bethenny, or anyone else for that matter, when she said "Yes" to Peter, she only cares about coins for her own pockets, not theirs. Sonja has loyalty to no one other than herself and will turn on Bethenny again if given the chance as long as she feels her Apple is securely in her grasp. 

No, Kristen said something nice about Bethenny and Bethenny told her she didn't care what she said, she was to keep her name out of her mouth when it came to the press/paps. LOL Kristen was asked if Bethenny was hard/difficult to work with (something along those lines) and Kristen told them "No", she was/is fine and for them not to believe what others were saying about Bethenny. It was nice, supportive without going into detail. Bethenny was way off base getting mad at her and then holding a grudge against her for that comment.

oh hell, then we're co-misunderstanders.  I thought it was said about Sonja by one of us.  Neeevermind lol.

I agree with you in that she overreacted wrt to content.  Not sure if/how Kristen could've responded to that directly without using her name, but I get it from either perspective.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I would like someone to ask Sonja on camera why she didn’t return to Morgan when he was ill, and she was partying in Europe.

Good question.  Was that the nail in the coffin that did her in?

• Love 5
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Good question.  Was that the nail in the coffin that did her in?

I’m definitely not the one that should answer this but .... wasn’t Mr Morgan seeing his healthcare person?  Not sure why I’m saying this but for some reason it comes to mind. 

ETA:  I may be keeping up the HWs standards of making things up as I go along. :D

ETAA: I went to see if I could find out if this was true. LOL ... I read that Sonja dated John McEnroe.   Please tell me that was made up.  

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Page Six only means something to these HWs in the context of the show.    They have to be hurt, outraged and defensive to keep their apple.   Reality TV isn't as real as some would like to believe.

I'm certain that Bethenny was sending Kristen, the newbie a message........"I'm  going through an ugly divorce and custody battle.   Don't talk about me.......ever."

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Ellee said:

ETAA: I went to see if I could find out if this was true. LOL ... I read that Sonja dated John McEnroe.   Please tell me that was made up.  

Interesting.  Doesn't hardly seem like there would have been time for her to date him.  He was married from '86 to '94 to Tatum (though probably at least half of that time was in conflict, and maybe cattin' around), and then married Patty in 1997.  Sonja married Morgan in 1998.  I suppose it's possible, but I would think he would've stayed as far away from crazy as he could get after dealing with TO.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

I’m definitely not the one that should answer this but .... wasn’t Mr Morgan seeing his healthcare person?  Not sure why I’m saying this but for some reason it comes to mind. 

ETA:  I may be keeping up the HWs standards of making things up as I go along. :D

I doubt Sonja dated him, this is the same woman that insisted P Diddy was on HER yacht, then when he was on WWHL, Andy asked him about that, P Diddy denied ever meeting/knowing Sonja let alone being on her yacht! LOL  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Ellee said:

I don’t know either.  I did read something way back about Mr. Morgan fooling around tho.  Maybe this was Sonja’s way of getting revenge?  Who knows.  John McEnroe?  Maybe.  Don’t know for sure, but I wouldn’t put it past her. Lol

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I just watched last weeks episode again.  I just noticed that Dorinda was unusually quieter.  Is something up with her?  She just wasn’t her usual self.

I suppose we should be grateful she wasn't her usual self.  Perhaps LuAnn's drunken escapade has her doing some soul searching.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I suppose we should be grateful she wasn't her usual self.  Perhaps LuAnn's drunken escapade has her doing some soul searching.

I am grateful.  She’s been overly dramatic and giving me a freakin headache.  Lol.  I was also thinking about her constantly talking about Richard, and thinking about Carole who rarely talked about Anthony.  I think they both were married five years.  Not saying they were wrong with their feelings, just to be clear.  Just seeing the difference.

youre right about Luann.  Dorinda probably was thinking she could be next in that cell.  She was listening very intently in the car ride with Luann.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m not so sure about that. It might be the reason why she seems to be drinking so much. That my help her cope but only temporarily and drinking too much exacerbates depression. 

If she is an alcoholic--and only she can determine that--then she doesn't need a reason to drink. Alcoholics drink when they're sad, happy, angry, bored, you name it. Stress and depression is often used as an excuse to explain the drinking. And yes, alcoholic drinking makes depression worse. It's a vicious cycle. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 9

Back to Luann's criminal dress she wore to the arraignment.  I have almost the same dress.  It's Chaps by Ralph Lauren.  I bought it last summer in the clearance rack at Kohl's.  I however have never been arrested or threatened an officer.  Not yet, anyway.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/24/2018 at 9:14 PM, WireWrap said:

I think it matters because page six is widely read/believed in NYC

No, it actually isn't widely read/believed in NY.  Page Six is a gossip column in a newspaper that's little more than a tabloid.  I don't know anyone who takes it seriously.  I've lived in or near NYC my entire life, and I've never known anyone who pays much attention to it (including people I've known who have been mentioned in Page Six.)  It's mindless entertainment at best, nothing more.  In certain social circles there are other, far more reliable ways to find out what's actually going on.  The NY Post and Page Six are not reliable sources of information about anything at all, and everyone here pretty much knows that. 

I'm sure the HW's get upset when someone runs to Page Six with info because it's a crappy thing to do even if it's just a tabloid with zero credibility.   (They also, of course, have to create conflict.)

Edited by DebbieM4
had trouble with quotes
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, AnnA said:

Over all, print sales of newspapers and magazines are down, which is why many outlets have an online presence, the Post included. So while it may be embarrassing to be seen on the streets with a particular newspaper, we don’t know what people’s browsing habits are. I’ve never picked up a Post in my life, but for certain when Post links have been shared on these here forums, I’ve clicked. (And I know I’m not alone on that.)

16 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Again, these page six stories about the HWs are then repeated by other tabloids, bloggers and sometimes they make to the places like E news! I know I would not be happy if someone I work with was spreading lies about me and especially if those lies were then repeated throughout the company I worked for, which is what Sonja was/is doing. 

Precisely. It’s easy to dismiss, but gossip flies, especially when we’re talking about on the internet. The whole business of tabloids is incestuous and what gets told in one outlet can quickly be picked up in another and another. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Back to Luann's criminal dress she wore to the arraignment.  I have almost the same dress.  It's Chaps by Ralph Lauren.  I bought it last summer in the clearance rack at Kohl's.  I however have never been arrested or threatened an officer.  Not yet, anyway.

Kohl’s?  No kidding.  I’m in there all the time.  I would have brought that dress.  Better watch out, it’s an eye catcher lol.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Over all, print sales of newspapers and magazines are down, which is why many outlets have an online presence, the Post included. So while it may be embarrassing to be seen on the streets with a particular newspaper, we don’t know what people’s browsing habits are. I’ve never picked up a Post in my life, but for certain when Post links have been shared on these here forums, I’ve clicked. (And I know I’m not alone on that.)

Precisely. It’s easy to dismiss, but gossip flies, especially when we’re talking about on the internet. The whole business of tabloids is incestuous and what gets told in one outlet can quickly be picked up in another and another. 

I don’t know if the Post pays for info, but everyone I know subscribes to other newspapers, but they read Page 6 on line for all the city gossip.  The other papers are trying to mimic page 6 by offering their own gossip page.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I don’t know if the Post pays for info, but everyone I know subscribes to other newspapers, but they read Page 6 on line for all the city gossip.  The other papers are trying to mimic page 6 by offering their own gossip page.

Yeah, there are two things at work here (the broader here); reading Page Six for gossip, and not acknowledging reading Page Six for gossip. ( ;

• Love 9
9 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

No, it actually isn't widely read/believed in NY.  Page Six is a gossip column in a newspaper that's little more than a tabloid.  I don't know anyone who takes it seriously.  I've lived in or near NYC my entire life, and I've never known anyone who pays much attention to it (including people I've known who have been mentioned in Page Six.)  It's mindless entertainment at best, nothing more.  In certain social circles there are other, far more reliable ways to find out what's actually going on.  The NY Post and Page Six are not reliable sources of information about anything at all, and everyone here pretty much knows that. 

I'm sure the HW's get upset when someone runs to Page Six with info because it's a crappy thing to do even if it's just a tabloid with zero credibility.   (They also, of course, have to create conflict.)

Thank you.

Page Six is an easy way for the La Di Da folks to poke at one another "discreetly" yet publicly. 

• Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I can't tell you when because I don't remember doing it but I'm sure that I too have clicked on a link or two over the years even though I think Page Six is a joke. Sometimes it's necessary to keep up with the snark on the boards LOL. That said, since I have no idea what Sonja may have said to Page Six about Dorinda that got her panties in a bunch, can someone please post a link? ?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I can't tell you when because I don't remember doing it but I'm sure that I too have clicked on a link or two over the years even though I think Page Six is a joke. Sometimes it's necessary to keep up with the snark on the boards LOL. That said, since I have no idea what Sonja may have said to Page Six about Dorinda that got her panties in a bunch, can someone please post a link? ?

I don’t know what Sonja said either, but I just typed in “N.Y. Post, p. 6, What did Sonja Morgan say about Dorinda Medley?” and a bunch of headings came up about all of them, which I didn’t read yet.  FYI.   If anyone is interested.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Kohl’s?  No kidding.  I’m in there all the time.  I would have brought that dress.  Better watch out, it’s an eye catcher lol.

It was a surprising good deal.  Don't usually find anything seasonally appropriate in the clearance rack.   

Still can't get over Ramona trying to go to Tom's party.  But, that is typical behavior for her.   She thinks she is supportive to women, but she isn't.

• Love 4

A “good friend” doesn’t go around and keep talking how good of a friend they are.  Action speaks louder than words.  Ramona blamed her friend about wanting to go to Toms party.  She doesn’t care that Luann is hurting about her divorce.  I’ll bet Ramona would go out with Tom again if asked.  She’s a phony and a backstabber and only thinks about herself.  At one time I thought she was funny, but now I just think she’s a mean girl.  Can’t wait for the reunion to hear what she says about all of this.  She’ll probably get up and walk away in a huff when confronted.  IMO.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

A “good friend” doesn’t go around and keep talking how good of a friend they are.  Action speaks louder than words.  Ramona blamed her friend about wanting to go to Toms party.  She doesn’t care that Luann is hurting about her divorce.  I’ll bet Ramona would go out with Tom again if asked.  She’s a phony and a backstabber and only thinks about herself.  At one time I thought she was funny, but now I just think she’s a mean girl.  Can’t wait for the reunion to hear what she says about all of this.  She’ll probably get up and walk away in a huff when confronted.  IMO.

Or maybe she'll try to find a way to blame it on Bethenny.      Making Bethenny out to be the villain seems to be the plot du jour.  They seem to have forgotten that to tell a proper story, you can't really have a villain unless you have a hero and none of these bitches qualify.   In fact, the only one who came close to being a hero this season was Bethenny in Puerto Rico.   

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Or maybe she'll try to find a way to blame it on Bethenny.      Making Bethenny out to be the villain seems to be the plot du jour.  They seem to have forgotten that to tell a proper story, you can't really have a villain unless you have a hero and none of these bitches qualify.   In fact, the only one who came close to being a hero this season was Bethenny in Puerto Rico.   

I agree 100%.  A lot of people didn’t give Bethenny credit.  They say she did it for publicity.  Bethenny is tough and talks tough, but I believe underneath she has a soft heart.  She got famous all by herself, and I think people resent that.

• Love 8
(edited)
8 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

<popping the popcorn and pulling up a chair>

Waiting for the fireworks to begin?     LOL

ETA:   I have to get up early tomorrow so I might miss the show.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Why are we popping tonight? Isn’t  the show airing tomorrow night?

I was going to say the same thing.  Lol.  Are we missing something?  And, what fireworks?  Something new going on? There’s always fireworks.  Over our heads.

Edited by Gem 10
10 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

A lot of people didn’t give Bethenny credit.

Bethenny has "IT"

She is firmly entrenched in the line of women who have "IT"

Doesn't matter if someone is more beautiful..smarter..richer...more likeable than the "IT" girl(s);

People like "IT" and that's "IT"