Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Holidazed and Confused

• Start Topic

Obviously there are some things we'll never know but does anyone doubt for a second that Bethenny would call Carole, start a conversation with "Can we be done with Adam yet?" and launch into a diatribe about him being an operator without context. I do think she sometimes gets so heated that she thinks she gives information she didn't actually give. 

• Love 13
18 hours ago, Thumper said:

But B says thing "off the cuff" about others, often. Witness her saying that Dorinda had camel toe in that outfit.  What was the point?

Dorinda referenced the camel toe before B did right before she walked out of the room.  The santa suit was too tight on her.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Showthyme said:

I don't think that race plays into this plea deal. Most first offenders get this deal and do not even have to be rich. The jails are full. They have no where to put offenders. 

Not everyone can belligerently, drunkenly wriggle out of handcuffs, demand to know what's wrong, and yell at cops and survive.

People have been shot for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot less.

3 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

She said once it's because Scott is a self made man.  All the other guys she dated or ran in her circle were born into money.  I honestly thinks it says a lot of her personality.  The fact that she admires and is attracted to those qualities really shows she isn't the shallow southern belle that she sometimes appears to be.

Er.  It's still liking people with a hell of a lot of money.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, ryebread said:

And I'll bet he kept right on walking.  My hubs has done a complete 'about face' as he's walked into the TV room thinking he was going to enjoy TV with me on any given Wednesday night at 9.  LOL.  He calls them all 'cackling hens'. He does an about face and closes the door as he leaves

Mine had to be called out to watch the end with footage of Luann.  He never tires of seeing her tequila fall.  Since she wasn't hurt its pretty funny!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, kicksave said:

Right? What a snob she is...she forgets, she is a Canadian born nobody

Not sure what being Canadian has to do with it.  It's just as snobby as thinking being from the Midwest has anything to do with anything.

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, jaync said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5635366

I'm NOT a Bethenny fan but agree that her assessments are generally on point - about others.  Where she misses the mark is accepting the assessments of her made by others - which are just as on point.  It goes both ways, baby.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, ryebread said:

Hanky Panky Panties start off at about $30 a pair. That looked like a three-pack that Bethenny was gifted from Tinsley.

Instead of trying to peddle toaster ovens, Sonia should have thought up a clever name like Hanky Panky Panties and developed a line of undies. Perfect product for her that she might have had some success with.

Sonja was plugging panties called Commando a few years ago

• Love 4
2 hours ago, kicksave said:

Right? What a snob she is...she forgets, she is a Canadian born nobody who grew up in rural Connecticut to a blue collar mom and dad. 

4 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Not sure what being Canadian has to do with it.  It's just as snobby as thinking being from the Midwest has anything to do with anything.

Or what growing up in Connecticut has do with it either.  I was born and raised in Connecticut and there are plenty of mega rich, snobby people here.  And rural Connecticut is beautiful! :) 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, ryebread said:

I can't speak for @mwell345 but the 1-5 gifts for white elephant that my family members bring aren't all purchased/good stuff. "Basement gifts" and a lot of regifting are the norm. One man's junk is another man's treasure. A gag gift that a sibling got stuck with at my house, was a pirate's head made out of a huge, hairy coconut that someone brought. Prior to leaving my house that night, the winner of that gem, hung it from my master bathroom shower head. Damn near had a heart attack when I turned on the light in the bathroom that night. One of the most valuable gifts, was a framed picture of our dad that the gift giver had taken before he passed away and that none of us had ever seen. Didn't cost a lot, but everyone was fighting over that. I freaking love White Elephant.

Bold mine. Oh, so are the ones in my family. I should have made that clearer. Dollar store items work, too.   As for regifting, yes, that too - A favorite expression in my family is "I guess it's going in the grab bag next year".

• Love 4
4 hours ago, escapetoreality said:

Knowing what we know about Bethenny's fetish for organization and purging Bryn's things, I'll bet that fugly nutcracker was out on the curb on January 2nd. 

I hope not!  If anything, I would hope she would re-gift it to Dorinda, who loves all things Christmas-y!  

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I'm NOT a Bethenny fan but agree that her assessments are generally on point - about others.  Where she misses the mark is accepting the assessments of her made by others - which are just as on point.  It goes both ways, baby.

My problem is more about her delivery of the assessments. Her tonality says mean. She can also pick inappropriate times to deliver them. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Sai said:

You don't remember it that way because it didn't happen that way.  After Bethenny said that to Luann, Ramona gave her a weird look and shook her head and then Bethenny said to Luann, you didn't know!?!  Then she started apologizing.  And quite sincerely.  I thought so anyway.

I loved that Tinsley reused a gift bag.  Throwing away a perfectly good, barely used gift bag is wasteful.  Come on!!  I know you all must save them also!  lol.  Glad to see one of the rich and privileged doing it.

I think that Dorinda also recycles gift bags, and we all know that Sonja most definitely must do that!   

We do it all the time in our family - at Christmas, we are all always commenting on the gift bags, and how long they have been passesd back and forth!  We have one that I think has been around for at least 10 years, and is still in good shape!  

• Love 13
20 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Really Luann. You REALLY can't believe Tomass has moved on quickly? REALLY? I mean, wasn't he dating someone else when she glommed on to him? Ugh. These women.

Luann is a loser.

(edited)
8 hours ago, esco1822 said:

According to her blog, B.

"I am grateful to Dorinda for connecting me with that lovely gentleman Michael via group text. He was incredible. He hunted the piece down in Worcester, MA, and I purchased it immediately. He drove four hours to pick it up and deliver it to me personally. He saved Christmas, which is why I was so excited and focused my attention on him."

Damn I'm not far from there.. I wish I'd know to scoop it up before B if only to save a spoiled kid.  Oh yeah her daughter too ;p

Edited by noveltylibrary
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I know .. right?  I think Sonja is trying to convince herself that she's still sexy.  Meanwhile, she's ccming off ridiculous and making a fool out of herself.

I don't think that was the purpose.

Sonja acts like this when they are filming in her home. She comes up with outrageous stories with a sexual nature to distract the camera crew from zoning in and panning to any part of her crumbling mansion.

She'll act and talk loud so the camera hones in on her.

Sex in the staff bathroom downstairs in 2008. She panicked as soon as the cameras panned onto the crumbling balcony. I wonder how much footage was deleted because I won't believe that she doesn't have deadly mold throughout that house.

Once again, I'm thinking about breakfast at Luann's in the Hamptons - Sonja talking about having contractors that she has been paying $700 an hour for months - My Shitdometer needle flew off into the abyss.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, missyb said:

Geez, Sonja just looks like she is playing a bad role whenever she is on the screen. At the blood drive, her touching Carole asking, how are you, was so strange. It was so phony and seemed to be for the cameras.

Carole is a hypocrite too...why is she suddenly IMMEDIATELY believing Sonja - she's been calling her nasty nice for weeks.

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Hmmm, I don't remember it that way at all. I just thought that there was an awkward silence and that Lu looked hurt....so Bethenny realized she said something she shouldn't have. I guess I need to rewatch, but I don't remember the other ladies telling her she shouldn't have said it. 

2 hours ago, Sai said:

You don't remember it that way because it didn't happen that way.  After Bethenny said that to Luann, Ramona gave her a weird look and shook her head and then Bethenny said to Luann, you didn't know!?!  Then she started apologizing.  And quite sincerely.  I thought so anyway.

I loved that Tinsley reused a gift bag.  Throwing away a perfectly good, barely used gift bag is wasteful.  Come on!!  I know you all must save them also!  lol.  Glad to see one of the rich and privileged doing it.

Yes!   That's how I remember it too.   

And of course I reuse gift bags.   ?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

she was under the 110 lbs limit..frightening.

While I do think Carole doesn't look healthy, being under 110 lbs isn't necessarily reason for concern. I'm 5'3", weigh 105 and am very healthy with a good appetite, but I don't have the sunken cheeks/gaunt look Carole has. I'm not sure how tall she is. I've unfortunately had people jokingly ask if I was anorexic and it's frustrating. 

Heaven knows how much Bethenny had to pay for this "one of a kind" nutcracker (I side-eye that statement), but I can tell you that there's a life size one that I found after a quick search for $49.99. Whatever she paid, I'm sure it was way too much.  And she should've thanked Dorinda.

Edited by Quita
  • Love 5

I no longer have any skin in Carole vs. Bethenny, however what I absolutely cannot stand is Bethenny filibusters anyone who dares to enter into a disagreement with her. Poor Jason. Really. That guy never, ever stood a chance.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, Quita said:

While I do think Carole doesn't look healthy, being under 110 lbs isn't necessarily reason for concern. I'm 5'3", weigh 105 and am very healthy with a good appetite, but I don't have the sunken cheeks/gaunt look Carole has. I'm not sure how tall she is. I've unfortunately had people jokingly ask if I was anorexic and it's frustrating. 

She's 5-7 so it is pretty scary!  Also that sucks people joke about that to you..I was anorexic back in the day but back then no one knew what it was.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I’m not sure Lu picked her tagline, but I love how Lu falls but gets up and keeps on going.  I really do like her on this show.

11 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I really LOVE Luann.  She doesn't whine, picks herself up and dusts herself off.   I would just love to see her cabaret  act in the city, if only the hubs would take me.

Same for me. I really like LuAnn's resiliency and ability to roll with the punches. She doesn't wallow in the past - she moves on. 

• Love 19
(edited)

Lulu would say the furnishings have provenance. That's rich speak for used and worn.... just like eccentric is for bat shit crazy.

Just as "sophisticated palate" means 'I eat weird shit because I'm told that's what the elites are eating,' no matter how disgusting it looks or tastes!

3 hours ago, mwell345 said:

I freaking love White Elephant.

Here in the South, many call it "dirty Santa," and I don't like it!  I had never heard of it until I worked in an office a few years ago in which the ladies there wanted to do that at our Christmas luncheon.  We all brought ornaments, and of course one year I got stuck with the most hideous and biggest ornaments.  The co-worker that bought it was a cheapskate, and I know this was an ornament she had left over when she went to Hobby Lobby and bought some buy-one get-one free ornaments for her tree.  This bowling ball sized ornament was not appropriate for my 6 foot tree, unlike it was for her "whimsical" tree.  My son once got stuck with the worst gift at a gathering of friends too, after he had bought a nice gift to put in the pile. That's why I don't like it.  I don't have the heart to wrap up a shitty gift if we're supposed to be exchanging nice ones, and I don't enjoy receiving one either.  YMMV.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

She's 5-7 so it is pretty scary!  Also that sucks people joke about that to you..I was anorexic back in the day but back then no one knew what it was.

For some reason, I thought she was around my height. So, at 5'7", yes, for the sake of her health, she should weight more than 110. Maybe it was due to running the marathon?

I'm sorry to read about your struggles with anorexia.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Quita said:

For some reason, I thought she was around my height. So, at 5'7", yes, for the sake of her health, she should weight more than 110. Maybe it was due to running the marathon?

I'm sorry to read about your struggles with anorexia.

Thank you so much, it was very long ago and after that, years of bulimia.  It took a long time, but somehow i was able to get better on my own.   I would never joke about it, it's horrific.  People don't realize what they're saying. But I have to admit it seems Carole is looking that way.

Edited by noveltylibrary
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Hmmm, I don't remember it that way at all. I just thought that there was an awkward silence and that Lu looked hurt....so Bethenny realized she said something she shouldn't have. I guess I need to rewatch, but I don't remember the other ladies telling her she shouldn't have said it. 

I went back and re-watched the scene, we're both right. Sonja brings Tom up then Bethenny chimes in about him having a " girl friend", Ramona then tells Bethenny "shhhh" while shaking her head no. Bethenny then says to Luann "You didn't know?", Ramona goes, "He has No gf", Bethenny replies "Carole told me he did" (again, Bethenny has no problem outing things told to her in private! LOL), Ramona - "He has a bunch of different gfs". Bethenny then says "Sorry Luann, I really thought you knew, I was really just.,,,(she mumbles what sounds like "a joke"). Luann is visibly upset and Bethenny keeps saying "Sorry" over and over making Luann even more uncomfortable. Bethenny couldn't stop herself which made Luann very uncomfortable. IMO, Luann handled it much better than Bethenny ever would had the shoe been on the other foot, Bethenny would have gone on the attack.

4 hours ago, Giselle said:

Lulu would say the furnishings have provenance. That's rich speak for used and worn.... just like eccentric is for bat shit crazy.

I really liked the penthouse though.

Many people love antiques/collectables, which is why they sell for more than new stuff/furniture. The apartment didn't look shabby/worn at all, but nice, comfortable, clean and cozy IMO. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, TexasGal said:

With her poor puppy standing in the cross walk.  I realize she was not in the flow of traffic, but still.  I couldn’t enjoy Ramona reading Bethenny for filth because I was worried about her dog the whole time!

I totally couldn't even concentrate once I saw that dog in the street. How stupid of Ramona to possibly put her dog's life in danger just so she could act all histrionic and yell at Bethenny. Ugh. 

• Love 2

I’m going to need Bravo to increase the Christmas episodes to 3.....2 full episodes at the Berkshires...it was over too fast.  

The secret is out....Michael is Dorinda’s Christmas decorator.

OMG, Dorinda putting her face on lighted candles, with nary a word.....???

Ramona, go the fuck away.  Her scream singing Happy Birthday was horrible.

I think Beth woke up so abruptly because Lu was asking for water, and Beth probably thought there was a man in her room.  ???

I didn’t pay a lot of attention to Beth and Carole, but that friendship is over.

Oh Lu, how I wish you wouldn’t have gone to Palm Beach.  ?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, noveltylibrary said:

Weight shaming sucks, no matter what end of the scale you reside.  If she's 5'7" and 110 lbs., that does seem a scary number, but I don't know what her 'normal' is.  BF looks pretty thin too imo, but I haven't been in that weight class since elementary school, so I can't really relate, and am probably a poor judge, lol.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

After listening to everyone complain about Bethenny at the blood drive....she’s gonna lose her shit at the reunion.

Yes, she will be because as we all know, No One is allowed to talk about Bethenny in a negative way at all ever! Of course, she is allowed to trash all of them whenever she wants though. LOL

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Weight shaming sucks, no matter what end of the scale you reside.  If she's 5'7" and 110 lbs., that does seem a scary number, but I don't know what her 'normal' is.  BF looks pretty thin too imo, but I haven't been in that weight class since elementary school, so I can't really relate, and am probably a poor judge, lol.

I'm 5-7 and 130 and quite slender.  btw lol at your profile pic, ironically I think it's one of Lu's best, sultry!

• Love 4

After thinking about this for a while I have come to the conclusion that Betheny misses having Carole in her back pocket. Carole and Tinsley have become friends. Therefore, Bethany can’t be Carole’s EXCLUSIVE friend. She was the same way with Heather and Carole’s friendship. 

i thought it was really insightful when Carole pointed out that during their dinner “discussion” Bethany was using all of the tricks that narcissists use.  Yep. Bethany does s lot of other things narcissists do.   Can’t imagine why....

• Love 11
5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I used to like Carole and I still like Dorinda. I kind of feel as though, Carole was already mad at Bethenny before they started filming. She got with Dorinda and they agreed to gaslight Bethenny. Everything Bethenny says has a nefarious tone, she has an agenda, she's manipulating, she has a hidden motive.

All roads lead to Man Bun Boulevard for Carole.

Suddenly, Bethenny never told Carole about Adam/Houston/photographing? I don't believe Carole. I do believe Bethenny when she said that's why we had that fight - when I called Adam an operator. Carole barks back with you called Luann a loser. Huh? Carole said she found out about the Adam/Houston trip from Adam and a mutual acquaintance. So if Carole was upset that Bethenny didn't tell her, what kind of friend is Carole that she doesn't pick up the phone and says to Bethenny - hey did you call/email/text Adam? If you did, that upsets me because of A, B, & C. What kind of friend doesn't pick up the phone to say, hey I supported your charity, why haven't you yet sponsored me for the marathon?

I don't think Carole donated anything to Bethenny's Houston/PR cause. Bethenny would have invited her and Tinsley to the dinner Bethenny got an award instead of Ramona and Tinsley if she did.

I also believe Bethenny when she said Carole wasn't interested in Be Strong or going to Houston/PR. Had Carole been at all interested in making a trip or being involved in anyway, she could have done so directly. According to Carole she was the one who introduced Bethenny to Michael Capponi.

Something is def off...

Bethenny asks Carole if she thinks she just called her out of the blue to say Adam sucks and once again Carole does not defend Adam.  It's weird!

40 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

After listening to everyone complain about Bethenny at the blood drive....she’s gonna lose her shit at the reunion.

Maybe she can just point out that she sent $1000 to the charity and Carole brought....................................cookies.

• Love 8

Oh Lu, how I wish you wouldn’t have gone to Palm Beach.  

I felt so bad for her when she and her friend were in her new apartment celebrating her new life, then this flashed on the screen "48 hours later....."  It makes you realize how your life can get turned upside down in such a short amount of time.  Sigh.  I really hate to see anybody get themselves into trouble like that.   Maybe that will be a warning to the other ladies to back away from the alcohol.  It doesn't seem to take long for Dorinda to get wasted.  I worry about her.  

30 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’ve heard Yankee Swap in the south for White Elephant gift exchange so Dirty Santa sounds pretty tame to me. 

I know that it's usually done with humor and people expect gag gifts, but since my family had never done that nor had I even heard about it, to participate in one where we were all supposed to bring a nice ornament was disappointing to me since I had put so much thought into the ornament I bought.  Yeah, it's petty, but I wanted a nice ornament and not the bowling ball size one I got!  Oh well, it's one of those things that one looks back on and laughs about.  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I love their fights too!

Neither one is a victim. Ramona is the only one who has ever been able to make Bethenny shut up for a minute.

Was Ramona gleeful that Carole argued with Bethenny. Hell, yeah! Finally someone else stepped up to the plate.

Carole is a hypocrite, saying that Bethenny was talking about her friend behind her back WHILE talking to all of the other ladies about Bethenny behind Bethenny's back - LOL

When she hung up on her? 

Poor Ramona is going to pay for that!

52 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Bethenny said  Carole seemed sad and lonely....Carole, the one upper, said that Bethenny is lonely and sad.  I think Bethenny will handle the reunion just fine.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I went back and re-watched the scene, we're both right. Sonja brings Tom up then Bethenny chimes in about him having a " girl friend", Ramona then tells Bethenny "shhhh" while shaking her head no. Bethenny then says to Luann "You didn't know?", Ramona goes, "He has No gf", Bethenny replies "Carole told me he did" (again, Bethenny has no problem outing things told to her in private! LOL), Ramona - "He has a bunch of different gfs". Bethenny then says "Sorry Luann, I really thought you knew, I was really just.,,,(she mumbles what sounds like "a joke"). Luann is visibly upset and Bethenny keeps saying "Sorry" over and over making Luann even more uncomfortable. Bethenny couldn't stop herself which made Luann very uncomfortable. IMO, Luann handled it much better than Bethenny ever would had the shoe been on the other foot, Bethenny would have gone on the attack.

Many people love antiques/collectables, which is why they sell for more than new stuff/furniture. The apartment didn't look shabby/worn at all, but nice, comfortable, clean and cozy IMO. 

I didn't say it was shabby and worn.

Gem10 and I were having a bit of fun about the countess herself.

• Love 3
(edited)

rewatching. Loved how Luann and Bethenny laughed about the whole 'Luann is a loser" comment Carole decided to share with everyone. Rather rich coming from the woman who has not missed out on taking jabs at Luann ever since she started dating Adam. Also rich that in Carole's talking head she says "she could never admit to doing something less than perfect" right after Bethenny  (a) admitted to Luann she doesn't remember but she very likely said it (aka, owned it) and (b) said "I've probably said something bad about all of you in this room but I don't expect my good friend to call attention to it" (and then bless Luann for basically indicating Bethenny should let it go - kind of a like, whatever, nobody died, it's ok - in reference to Bethenny saying awful things about them). Finally - adding icing on the rich cake - Carole goes and clucks about Bethenny to Ramona. Pffft. I could see her venting to Tins... so she's just as guilty of talking behind backs as she is accusing Bethenny of. These women. Oy vay...

ETA
I found it very ridiculous for Carole to basically refer to Bethenny as a narcissist while talking with Dorinda - this on the heels of thinking they were still friends, so Carole is clearly way over being friends with Bethenny. She tried to cover it with the whole "I don't wanna fight anymore blah blah". and PS. Aren't they all pretty much narcissists? That includes Carole.

Edited by BodhiGurl
additional thought
  • Love 16
(edited)

To me, the most interesting thing said in the whole episode was when Luann turned to Sonja during the dinner at Dorinda's and said of Adam "He lived with my niece for 6 months on our couch". Wow. Now Luann sometimes plays fast and loose with the truth, but if Adam really did crash at Lu's for 6 months - WTH? Does ManBun just move from woman to woman depending on what they can offer him? Operator seems kind. 

Carole is exhausting. Beth seemed to realize that friendships ebb and flow, but Carole doesn't seem to grasp the concept. And twice in this episode Beth told Carole she loved her, to which Carole replied with silence. Ramona's party to celebrate Carole's marathon run wasn't good enough. I think Beth said something about sending Carole two care packages when she was training for it (though with everyone talking over everyone else I wasn't sure). Then Carole claims that she is perfectly happy, but was mad at Bethenny for not pulling her aside to make sure she was OK over her breakup. Carole is giving me whiplash. 

During the party at Dorinda's everyone was having fun including Bethenny. Even Tins didn't seem to be holding Carole's hand when she went upstairs. Everyone but Carole was downstairs having fun. I liked that Beth led the group in a joint thank you to Dorinda for making it nice.

Regarding Carole being unable to donate due to being under 110 lbs  - she seemed positively giddy about that. I have a niece who has never weighed more than 100 lbs (and can eat whatever she wants to boot). She hates it when people call attention to her weight. Carole has obviously weighed more than that before (certainly when she was married to Anthony she was heavier) so she appears to be proud of the sunken face, boney look. 

Finally I had to laugh at Luann saying she was a loser for not being able to donate blood. Not for making a fool of herself for the last two years over Tom, mind you. Though I don't know why she was upset that he had moved on so quickly after the divorce when he never stopped seeing other women during the marriage. SMH. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 18

Loved the scenes after the argument at Dorinda's where all of them (sans Carole) were just having a good time and being silly. And yes it's odd that Bethenny was ok being in front of the camera nearly nekkid but it was funny and it's a nice break to see them getting along.

• Love 12
(edited)
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don't think that was the purpose.

Sonja acts like this when they are filming in her home. She comes up with outrageous stories with a sexual nature to distract the camera crew from zoning in and panning to any part of her crumbling mansion.

She'll act and talk loud so the camera hones in on her.

Sex in the staff bathroom downstairs in 2008. She panicked as soon as the cameras panned onto the crumbling balcony. I wonder how much footage was deleted because I won't believe that she doesn't have deadly mold throughout that house.

Once again, I'm thinking about breakfast at Luann's in the Hamptons - Sonja talking about having contractors that she has been paying $700 an hour for months - My Shitdometer needle flew off into the abyss.

Yes!  All this.   So isn’t it extra feckless word Samantha Bee took back-y for Scum-ya to gleefully photograph and highlight incredibly minor, cosmetic flaws in the custom wall finishes at Dorinda’s, when she is living that no-heat-in-January, windows-opened-in-August, jaundiced ice cubes, scream into the broken “intercom,” broken elevator, leak damaged, gerkonnoknocken- coated patio life?  Nice try.   Pay a bill, ho.

Something else was horrible about Sonja and the contractors.   She’s there in her faded glory ex-rich important white lady posture, telling a bunch of sex lies to cover up her broke-assed truths, and she pushes those incredibly professional and polite Latino men HARD to “flirt” back.  They don’t because unlike her, they aren’t gross. But imagine how they’d be viewed and discussed and treated if they had reacted to her pathetic sexual fabulism.   They don’t get pandered to and indulged as just a lil’ kooky, no harm, no foul.  Fuck her  (Actually, don’t.  Health is wealth.)

Also...you could, today, rent an Upper East Side townhouse with full renovations and a fast stroll to Bloomingdales, or even the Met, from between $10,000-$25,000.  I hope she raises it to$35,000 while cameras are rolling.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I didn't say it was shabby and worn.

Gem10 and I were having a bit of fun about the countess herself.

I wasn't implying that you said that, hence no quotation marks but I am sorry it read that way.

13 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

rewatching. Loved how Luann and Bethenny laughed about the whole 'Luann is a loser" comment Carole decided to share with everyone. Rather rich coming from the woman who has not missed out on taking jabs at Luann ever since she started dating Adam. Also rich that in Carole's talking head she says "she could never admit to doing something less than perfect" right after Bethenny  (a) admitted to Luann she doesn't remember but she very likely said it (aka, owned it) and (b) said "I've probably said something bad about all of you in this room but I don't expect my good friend to call attention to it" (and then bless Luann for basically indicating Bethenny should let it go - kind of a like, whatever, nobody died, it's ok - in reference to Bethenny saying awful things about them). Finally - adding icing on the rich cake - Carole goes and clucks about Bethenny to Ramona. Pffft. I could see her venting to Tins... so she's just as guilty of talking behind backs as she is accusing Bethenny of. These women. Oy vay...

ETA
I found it very ridiculous for Carole to basically refer to Bethenny as a narcissist while talking with Dorinda - this on the heels of thinking they were still friends, so Carole is clearly way over being friends with Bethenny. She tried to cover it with the whole "I don't wanna fight anymore blah blah". and PS. Aren't they all pretty much narcissists? That includes Carole.

Bethenny was upset that Carole outed something she told her in private, according to Bethenny herself, fast forward to Bethenny's own party where she outed something Carole told her in private about Luann/Tom/new gf. Bethenny outs private conversations all the time if she needs them to cover her own blunders. LOL

12 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

To me, the most interesting thing said in the whole episode was when Luann turned to Sonja during the dinner at Dorinda's and said of Adam "He lived with my niece for 6 months on our couch". Wow. Now Luann sometimes plays fast and loose with the truth, but if Adam really did crash at Lu's for 6 months - WTH? Does ManBun just move from woman to woman depending on what they can offer him? Operator seems kind. 

Carole is exhausting. Beth seemed to realize that friendships ebb and flow, but Carole doesn't seem to grasp the concept. And twice in this episode Beth told Carole she loved her, to which Carole replied with silence. Ramona's party to celebrate Carole's marathon run wasn't good enough. I think Beth said something about sending Carole two care packages when she was training for it (though with everyone talking over everyone else I wasn't sure). Then Carole claims that she is perfectly happy, but was mad at Bethenny for not pulling her aside to make sure she was OK over her breakup. Carole is giving me whip lash. 

During the party at Dorinda's everyone was having fun including Bethenny. Even Tins didn't seem to be holding Carole's hand when she went upstairs. Everyone but Carole was downstairs having fun. I liked that Beth led the group in a joint thank you to Dorinda for making it nice.

Regarding Carole being unable to donate due to being under 110 lbs  - she seemed positively giddy about that. I have a niece who has never weighed more than 100 lbs (and can eat whatever she wants to boot). She hates it when people call attention to her weight. Carole has obviously weighted more than that before (certainly when she was married to Anthony she was heavier) so she appears to be proud of the sunken face, boney look. 

Finally I had to laugh at Luann saying she was a loser for not being able to donate blood. Not for making a fool of herself for the last two years over Tom, mind you. Though I don't know why she was upset that he had moved on so quickly after the divorce when he never stopped seeing other women during the marriage. SMH. 

Not quite, Carole also acknowledged they had grown apart, Carole was upset that Bethenny was bad mouthing her/Adam to the others behind her back, then acting as if all were fine to her face. Until the Berkshires, Carole had not said an unkind word about Bethenny at all to anyone or in her THs, the same can't be said about Bethenny though.

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Carole is exhausting. Beth seemed to realize that friendships ebb and flow, but Carole doesn't seem to grasp the concept. And twice in this episode Beth told Carole she loved her, to which Carole replied with silence. Ramona's party to celebrate Carole's marathon run wasn't good enough. I think Beth said something about sending Carole two care packages when she was training for it (though with everyone talking over everyone else I wasn't sure). Then Carole claims that she is perfectly happy, but was mad at Bethenny for not pulling her aside to make sure she was OK over her breakup. Carole is giving me whip lash. 

Regarding Carole being unable to donate due to being under 110 lbs  - she seemed positively giddy about that. I have a niece who has never weighed more than 100 lbs (and can eat whatever she wants to boot). She hates it when people call attention to her weight. Carole has obviously weighted more than that before (certainly when she was married to Anthony she was heavier) so she appears to be proud of the sunken face, boney look. 

I think that Carole understands perfectly well that friendships ebb and flow since she seems to have some great, long-term friendships with women that I don't really see from Bethenny's end. For Bethenny I get the sense that her friendships ebb...then crash into seawalls. 

Pivoting just a bit (and unrelated to your post above, usernamefatigue lol): I keep reading how Bethenny was busy with hurricane relief (Houston then Puerto Rico) over the summer, but there are facts that need to be stated:

(1) Hurricane Harvey hit the southern region of the United States on August 17, and after trawling Bethenny's IG (only to see that the same woman complaining about Carole posting selfies and whatnot has her fair share of selfies and boomerangs available. Go figure), I see that she didn't even start posting about hurricane relief in the form of "Donate to the Red Cross" until August 28. She'd been on vacation in Ibiza during that first week and a half of the hurricane and its destruction.

(2) Not quite three weeks after Bethenny got involved with Hurricane Harvey relief (which is not the same as saying three weeks after the hurricane hit), Bethenny was in Mexico because of the seven-point-something earthquake that'd hit Mexico City. Then a week later, she was trying to get stuff done about Puerto Rico. That was September 22 and September 30, respectively.

Bethenny works my ever-loving nerves, but I'll commend her for trying to get involved. All that said, the narrative doesn't need to be exaggerated that Bethenny was too busy during the summer months being Super Woman to hurricane and earthquake survivors and that's why she had no time for Carole. That simply isn't true. Bethenny wasn't on the move to these places until nearly mid-September. 

I still maintain that Bethenny doesn't like that Carole and Tinsley became close friends over the summer, and it's convenient for her to say "Oh, Carole, you showed no interest in my disaster relief kindness" because then Bethenny has cover for why she doesn't deal with Carole. I mean, what's a more workable excuse for why you pulled away from a friend? "I don't like that chick Tinsley you hang with now"...or..."You showed no interest in my donation drives"?

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 19
24 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I still maintain that Bethenny doesn't like that Carole and Tinsley became close friends over the summer, and

Yeah Bethenny mentioned that Carole was too busy traveling with Tinsley over the summer and Carole corrected her that she spent most of her summer with her friend who’s husband had died (Cassandra Grey who’s name she didn’t mention) and Bethenny was kind of “whatever” to that fact which I thought was also ridiculous.

• Love 19
(edited)
8 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I could also see Bethenny telling Carole the pitch for "The Reluctant Vegan" was "retarded", because it was.

Wow. Just when I thought that Bethenny could not be more offensive. 

I don't recall Bethenny stating this, but her actually using this term just makes me shake my head even more at her.

She is horrible.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 3
(edited)

Beth did an IG story (which disappears in 24 hrs) That says "Thanks to Dorinda for "connecting me" to Michael (Nutcracker dude) with a pic of that nite.

What a bitchy remark! She didnt just hook you up with a nutcracker dealer Beth, she had him DELIVER it to you! He said its the only one left in the US too.  So shady, jesus.

Plus, the thing is really ugly, and it seemed like an odd thing for her kid to beg for, and for her to buy!

I followed her on IG today, and her professionally done selfies are over the top.

How can she call out Carol for doing  it??

Edited by Christi
  • Love 12