Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Holidazed and Confused

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, rideashire said:

Luann slipping the cuffs in the back of that police car like a magician was the best part of this episode for me. Don't underestimate a drunk countess.

Been on this Earth a lot longer and spent a lot of time out clubbing way back when, but never came close to anything like that! Why in the world was she so abusive; even if drunk out of her mind? It's just hard for me to relate!! You can count on one hand how many times I was toasted and it was due to not eating most of the time! I've just never been much of a drinker, but I will have 2 or 3 with friends! LuAnn inhales her alcohol, but she should be in serious trouble with that performance! How did she get out of it? ;-(

Just now, WireWrap said:

I also disliked that but I know why she threw that out. Luann was agreeing/siding with Bethenny that Adam was an "operator" (even though she always defended him before) and Carole wanted Luann to know that Bethenny was still talking crap about her. 

Bethenny talks crap about all of them! As soon as Carole was out the door she was on he arse; "she look sad to you?" Carole is probably chewing bullets after seeing this! ;-)

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Sonja’s another one that needs a filter.  I had secondhand embarrassment for her in that scene tonight.

I know .. right?  I think Sonja is trying to convince herself that she's still sexy.  Meanwhile, she's ccming off ridiculous and making a fool out of herself.

• Love 19

Oh I just heard they couldn't give blood due to being in Mexico within the last year! I thought with Carole it might have to do with her being so lightweight! My 80 y.o. mom is 88# and she had to take on 5 units of blood the last time in the hospital with anemia 2 months ago! ;-)

• Love 1

While it must be a nightmare for them, in some ways I think the producers on this show have somewhat of an easy job.  These old broads are pros.  

Bethenny tells her producer she wants to start a fight with Ramona and to set up a call (but doesn’t even bother to get gussied up to film it) ... Ramona gets a chance to show that, unlike when at other people’s houses, she knows how to take her dog for a walk and also gets to develop her talking points for her call and organize her addled mind.  

Lu must have been drunk to squander her season long story line of offense at B calling her a loser (because Carol’s producer told her to bring it up) by letting B distract her by saying she had something on her face. She’s usually a better dancing monkey than that.

And poor Sonja, she’s taken her producer’s advice of spicing it up and punching the “sexy J” to 11.  The ten year old story of fucking a “hedge fund” in the servant’s bathroom mimed to her Contractor was insane on every level.

• Love 12

Geez, Sonja just looks like she is playing a bad role whenever she is on the screen. At the blood drive, her touching Carole asking, how are you, was so strange. It was so phony and seemed to be for the cameras.

• Love 13
(edited)

It seems like last week's Berkshires episode lagged a bit -- it didn't live up to the previous seasons' Berkshires episodes.  But tonight's antics were pretty amusing.  I loved the juxtaposition of Bethenny (in an elf ensemble) and Carole trying to have a serious conversation to hash out their conflict -- and not really resolving anything or getting anywhere with it -- while the rest of the ladies were basically having a 'girls gone wild' spring break moment out in the other room, climbing all over each other, lap dancing and falling into a crumpled, tipsy heap on the floor.   So much fun!   The Berkshires are a key part of every New York season.

I also laughed when Lu was trying to defiantly tell Bethenny that she didn't care what she thought of her, only to back down and give in when told that she had lipstick on her face.    lol  That's our Lu!

I felt bad for that poor cake -- it was probably delicious, and it looked like it had been smashed to bits, without any slices cut from it.  What a waste of a good cake.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 21
1 minute ago, missyb said:

Geez, Sonja just looks like she is playing a bad role whenever she is on the screen. At the blood drive, her touching Carole asking, how are you, was so strange. It was so phony and seemed to be for the cameras.

Sonja knows what she is doing! She will keep stirring the pot between Bethenny and Carole to help her slither up nice and cozy next to Bethenny. Sonja is desperate to be next to a power HW (more camera time) and she knows Carole has Tinsley, Dorinda and Ramona, which leaves Bethenny with her (Luann could care less about power HWs).

• Love 13

Quite frankly, I don't see that Carole is anymore 'skinny' than Beth.  At least Carole doesn't have those pasted on implants that Beth has.  If Beth had actually showed up, would she have passed the the weight test?  I have my doubts.  Both are underweight to me. 

Ok.  Beth may have 'passed' because of the cc's of her implants.  Nothing to be proud of and those scenes with Doris....well no.

• Love 24

These ladies have been on the show long enough to know that anything they say or do to each other will eventually come out so it's all an act when they appear hurt or shocked once it does. They know such storylines keep them relevant and decrease their chances of being removed.  I don't think Bethenny gives two damns about any of her relationships on the show with the exception of Carole.  The others have served more as personal clowns to her so she could have people to rip on continuously throughout the seasons to show her "wit" and "humor."  She's beyond the point of caring how she's portrayed because as long as she stays Andy Cohen's favorite (along with NeNe), she's not going anywhere - and the rest of the cast knows it.

• Love 12

Did I hear correctly?  When Carole corrected Beth’s remark regarding how they spent their respective summers, “we were in different places, you were travelling with Tinsley” Carole interrupted, saying that she had spent a lot of time in LA with a friend whose husband had just died. Did Beth answer, “Fabulous!” as she stood up from the table to leave??!! I think Beth is quite cold, but I truly hope I am mistaken about her words in this instance.

Also, the irony of Beth’s observation regarding Ramona’s glee in the fractures of Beth and Carole’s relationship.   Surely Beth can’t be so completely obtuse that she is overlooking the smug satisfied smile that Sonja is sporting as she soaks up Beth’s attention throughout all of this.  The recent dinner party attack of Tinsley,  the confidences at the dinner table as Beth remained with Luanne and Sonja.  Sonja looks like a cat in cream.  I think this is the first complimentary TH I have heard from Beth in what may well be forever, as she waxed poetic about how fresh and lovely Sonja is looking.

• Love 22
(edited)
16 hours ago, rideashire said:

Luann slipping the cuffs in the back of that police car like a magician was the best part of this episode for me. Don't underestimate a drunk countess.

Only Luann, right?  And it seemed effortless and second-nature.   I couldn't imagine anyone else doing that.

As to the Carole vs. Bethenny situation...my feelings are that they are more similar than dissimilar.    Both are lonely women of a certain age with few, if any, deep and solid relationships with either men or women. Bethenny clings to her power and money and know-it-all-ness to fuel her self-worth.  Carole clings to having a cool hip factor going to fuel her self-worth.  And both feed off of social media for fulfillment.

The one difference perhaps is that Carole seems to be mellowing and is more self-aware and willing to listen and learn.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 15
42 minutes ago, anonymiss said:

I hate how Bethenny says and does whatever shit she wants and then cries to diffuse and distract so she ends up being babied as the perpetual victim. I can't stand Carole and Ramona but am Team AnyoneButBethenny. 

Even Heather isn't looking so bad to me these days.

And you know B watches the show.  How she can't see how poorly she comes off is beyond me.  Speaks a lot to how much she sees herself being in the right all the time.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Quite frankly, I don't see that Carole is anymore 'skinny' than Beth.  At least Carole doesn't have those pasted on implants that Beth has.  If Beth had actually showed up, would she have passed the the weight test?  I have my doubts.  Both are underweight to me. 

Ok.  Beth may have 'passed' because of the cc's of her implants.  Nothing to be proud of and those scenes with Doris....well no.

Carole really needs to put some weight on.  Those cheeks are sunken in and all you see is those buck teeth.  She looks better with a fuller face, and those clothes are hanging on her.  She had better learn to cook some steaks, potatoes and veggies. M&ms and Taco Bell aren't doing her any good.  Besides, cooking will take her mind off who's not paying attention to her.  And, she should STOP whining already.  It's getting annoying.  Too much drama.

Beth's boobs look hard as rocks on a skinny body.  Do men really enjoy touching those hard balloons?  My husband thinks they look ridiculous.

• Love 11

For some reason the Bethenny/Carole breakup is really bothering me, probably because I've read some of Carole's blogs and tweets, and it makes me think I won't get the happy ending I seem to really want. I also am absurdly pro Bethenny now because of her charity work, in a way that makes me not enjoy watching her in this position even though I can see how her behavior warrants negative reactions. It's all confusing, because I didn't know I actually cared. 

• Love 17

but I will have 2 or 3 with friends! LuAnn inhales her alcohol, but she should be in serious trouble with that performance! How did she get out of it? ;-(

Basically she's a rich white woman. She made a show of apologizing, went to alcohol rehab, and got it pled down to misdemeanors because its a first offense and she's got the money to make it go away. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Basically she's a rich white woman. She made a show of apologizing, went to alcohol rehab, and got it pled down to misdemeanors because its a first offense and she's got the money to make it go away. 

She was not only abusive, I heard her threatening the cops; "don't touch me! I'll kill you! What did I do?" I just can't imagine on my worst days behaving like that! I would be either dead or under the jail by now if acting like that! ;-(

• Love 9

"Lay low. Dick." is quite possibly the greatest soundbite of the season.

It may even top "Be cool, don't be like, uncool."

The level of projecting Frankel does never ceases to amaze. 

• Love 20
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I’m a dork and sometimes I say that sober! (Yes, and I’m the one calling Bethenny out on grammar and idioms!)

She might have been sober when she said “on”, it was in a TH. My point was more that she didn’t notice that they were lit/on when she shoved her face into a cake not really the word choice.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She might have been sober when she said “on”, it was in a TH. My point was more that she didn’t notice that they were lit/on when she shoved her face into a cake not really the word choice.

Ah yes—see that now... a little tired...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I loved that too and that’s how Lu generally is when she’s drunk, she’s a happy drunk. Which is why the video of her arrest struck me as so wrong. She was more belligerent then we’ve seen her be when she’s under the influence.

I noticed that, too, and assumed that some other stimulant was involved.  Was there a time stamp on the police video?  I know that coke can keep people partying into the wee hours, allowing drinkers to remain upright long after their usual blackout/passout point.

Or so I've heard...

;)

• Love 10
(edited)
14 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

It's obvious that Bethenny's success has gone to her head.  She's obviously all about herself and her career.  She's always been confident but the less that she needs people as she continues to thrive in her business, the worse she treats those around her.  Even with the comment that she made to the driver about not taking her bags to the car and his Christmas bonus, it was said half-kiddingly but coming from her, the humor was somehow lost in the delivery. And I don't know who her assistant is but the way that she came into the Red Cross like she was presenting a gift from Beyonce or something, needing to present it herself to the head vs. making Luann feel somewhat involved as it was her idea to get Bethenny to donate seemed a bit extra.  I'm sure the girl was just doing as she was told but it felt cold.  

And to add, what started off as a fight that I was happy to see Carole winning against Bethenny ended in a tie.  It was nasty of her to tell everybody what Bethenny told her in confidence about Luann and Dorinda.   Not to say that Bethenny is the most trustworthy but it took away some cool points from Carole's score to be that kind of friend.

Also, she donated gift cards which were probably donated TO her foundation by other companies.  So she didn’t shell out a dime.   

Edited by Mrs peel
Spelling
  • Love 16

Bethenny's gold sparkly shirt was giving me such a freakin' headache!  And yet, 5 hours later . . . BLINK, BLINK, BLINK, I'm still seeing that damn gold sparkly shirt before my eyes.  WTF?  Is Bethenny hypnotizing us?  Will that damn sparkly gold shirt be making us go out & buy all the SkinnyGirl crap we can gorg ourselves out on tomorrow?  Idk, I wouldn't put anything past Bethenny . . .

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

LuAnn inhales her alcohol, but she should be in serious trouble with that performance!

Her liver might be unhappy as well.

3 hours ago, Jextella said:

Both are lonely women of a certain age. Bethenny clings to her power and money and know-it-all-ness to fuel her self-worth.  Carole clings to having a cool hip factor going to fuel her self-worth.  And both feed off of social media.

Tragic

n'est-ce pas?

7 hours ago, Thumper said:

Why was she there, if she wasn't donating blood herself?

$Camera time$

7 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Speaking of the marathon, I thought I heard Carole say tonight that she’d run the half marathon, but prior to this I thought she made a point of the 26 miles. Not sure where tonight she said it, think maybe as the fight was winding down. Probably misheard, but it pinged for me.

I heard it too.  Assumed she ran a 1/2 prior to the NYM?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I'm sorry but I busted out laughing  when Carole dropped that bomb for no reason.  The reaction from Lu also had me doubled over laughing.  Lol. And Bethany saying " I don't know if I said it? I have often thought it. "  oh my god these women are crazy lol. 

Yeah, Bethenny totally hedging her bet by admitting/not admitting to saying that, lol.

• Love 12
(edited)

The show disappointed me except for the end.  Where did Bravo get that LuAnn arrest footage?  Did they buy it from some bystander that was outside the hotel and get exclusive rights to show it?  Lu looked dreadful in the Berkshires scenes, old and tired.  I think she was drinking heavily that whole day but manages to hold it together because her body has a high tolerance.  I can only imagine how much she had to drink before the Palm Beach incident.  

I want to hear Carole mention Jason.  Why is he off the table when every other bf or husband is mentioned, Adam, Mario, Tom, etc.  

The phone call between Ramona and Bethenny seemed so staged, almost as if each side were filmed at a different time, and Bethenny was reading from a script.  It was funny to see poor Coco in the street though.  

Bethenny walking out of the argument several times just reminds me of so many scenes in the past where she can't handle things and runs.  

Edited by weaver
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Okay...rewatching and i swear when Dorinda knocks on Luann's door the next morning it looks like LuAnn wet the damn bed...her jammies are wet in the back end. Ewwwwwwwwww

Maybe she should have borrowed a diaper from Dennis.

• Love 5

I love how Bethenny was like, "I don't recall if I called you a loser in that particular instance, but I definitely have called you a loser before..."  These women! 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

Also, she donated gift cards which were probably donated TO her foundation by other companies.  So she didn’t she’ll out a dime.   

Did anyone else see Sonja’s eyes light up when she saw gift cards?

Lol my first thought was she was thinking ‘if I can get my hands on half of them .... no one will notice.’  :D

• Love 15

The way Ramona's poor dog stood still in the street with his head down - I get the sense that he often has to wait patiently while his pet human rants at someone.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I’m not sure Lu picked her tagline, but I love how Lu falls but gets up and keeps on going.  I really do like her on this show.

Me too!  Is she a good human being?  Probably not.  But she is amusing as fuck. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I’m not sure Lu picked her tagline, but I love how Lu falls but gets up and keeps on going.  I really do like her on this show.

I really LOVE Luann.  She doesn't whine, picks herself up and dusts herself off.   I would just love to see her cabaret  act in the city, if only the hubs would take me.

Sonja is another story with the sex talk.  Did the guys have to hear she had sex on the sink?  One of these days, she might get attacked, and then what?   Altho she would probably like it, lol.

• Love 12
50 minutes ago, weaver said:

The show disappointed me except for the end.  Where did Bravo get that LuAnn arrest footage?  Did they buy it from some bystander that was outside the hotel and get exclusive rights to show it?  Lu looked dreadful in the Berkshires scenes, old and tired.  I think she was drinking heavily that whole day but manages to hold it together because her body has a high tolerance.  I can only imagine how much she had to drink before the Palm Beach incident.  

I want to hear Carole mention Jason.  Why is he off the table when every other bf or husband is mentioned, Adam, Mario, Tom, etc.  

The phone call between Ramona and Bethenny seemed so staged, almost as if each side were filmed at a different time, and Bethenny was reading from a script.  It was funny to see poor Coco in the street though.  

Bethenny walking out of the argument several times just reminds me of so many scenes in the past where she can't handle things and runs.  

I thought the same thing, that didn't sound like a natural phone call, Ramona sounded like she was trying to act.    I was afraid her poor dog was going to hit by a car. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Mr Darling walked through the room while Bethenny was on and said, "Boy, she can talk!" When I told him it was referred to as "verbal waterboarding", he laughed and agreed.

And I'll bet he kept right on walking.  My hubs has done a complete 'about face' as he's walked into the TV room thinking he was going to enjoy TV with me on any given Wednesday night at 9.  LOL.  He calls them all 'cackling hens'. He does an about face and closes the door as he leaves

• Love 12
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Carole has always been thin but anybody else notice how much weight she has lost this season? It's why her face looks so sunken in and old and her pants are always practically falling off. What's going on with her? 

Running a marathon will do that.  When she said she was looking scrawny and needed to exercise choosing long distance running was a real smart move....not.

• Love 5