Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Holidazed and Confused

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Sonja usually annoys the hell out of me, but in that situation, I liked her!  It seemed like she was being very friendly and courteous with the donors, where the other ladies didn't seem to want any interaction at all.

But why did the camera keep zoning in on Luanne's friend having her arm around S?  It was a bit creepy imo.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Judging from what folks have quoted from Bethenny’s blog (disclaimer: I have not read it). There was a group text that Dorinda hooked up with Michael and Bethennny.  So it might be that there were thank yous at the time they were planning the date and time that Michael would bring the nutcracker and appear on screen for appearance money with this name and business splashed across our tvs.  So Dorinda is just responding to the crazy people around her.  

And speaking of crazy people, Carole is upset about what she is seeing in Bethenny’s talking heads?  She should watch her own talking heads.  She’s not all sweetness and light either.

Exactly. 

Truth is, they ALL talk about one another as soon as someone leaves the room. They ALL have scathing THs. This is reality TV, not Full House. 

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Juniebaby said:

On a shallow note, I thought B’s boobs would have been firmer and higher up.  They looked like old lady boobs in that costume.

The bigger they are, the more they sag.   I'm thankful for the back clip you can add to your bra for extra heft!

• Love 5

I have never cared a lot for Bethany; but my dislike for Carole is so intense that I am not minding B at all.  

What a letdown this season has been so for (for me) after the fun of last year.  This stupid, made-up fight of B and C is bringing the whole show down.  There is not much light-hearted-ness this year.  Last year I got some real belly laughs from the season; this year, maybe one or two so far.  It is no fun to watch and I am afraid we might get stuck with this stupid storyline for the entire season.  

I don't see why an entire show needs to be about feuds between some of the women.  Yes, the fights are a big part of the franchise and always will be; but when the entire show is framed around ridiculous made-up hurt feelings, I am tempted to tune out.  I watched most of the Caps/Knights hockey game and just flipped back to see if anything was happening between the NY ho-wives.

I must admit, Ramona's bad acting during the phone call with Bethany was a highlight and made me snicker.  Ditto the "ladies" giving blood - and the expressions on the face of the poor woman who was actually giving blood were priceless.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Bethenny has such a hard, vicious edge to her. How do you manage to be the biggest asshole at your own party? Oh, I know. You don't thank a friend that went out of her way to surprise you with a gift you so desperately wanted. You call out another friend for talking about her new business by saying she is doing an infomercial. You talk about a friend that you are supposed to be trying to make amends with as soon as she walks out the door by saying "she looks so sad". Merry Christmas to you, too, B. 

And...most boring holiday party ever! No wonder Carole "looked sad" - because she gave up an evening to be at that snooze-fest.

My family used to play a variation  of that game for years and we had alot more fun.   Everyone brought 4-5  gifts - you could regift, buy gag gifts, nice things - as long as there was a combination of nice and gag.  They had to be wrapped in newspaper, so they all looked alike. (My mom made the rules, we just went with it because that is always easiest).  Then we would take turns spinning dice. If you threw a 5, let's say, you grabbed a gift from the pile. (or if other people had already grabbed gifts, you could take one of theirs).  You did not unwrap it.  We went around until all the gifts were claimed.  When it was over, we unwrapped all the gifts. It was fun  because there was always  that one item, that "looked" like it might be something good and everyone fought for it. Then there was always that crappy item that got thrown in year after year.  Or like your husband would reach for a crappy gift that you wrapped, and you'd be like "no, not that one".

Reading this, it sounds sort of silly - but it was fun!

• Love 17

I felt bad for Bethenny at the Bezerkshires. Come on, Carole, you just don't throw someone under the bus like that! Bethenny was right- what a betrayal! It was kind of funny because you could literally see poor Bethenny working over time to try and diffuse the situation, Carole was coming for her, then Luann was going to come for her, no doubt Ramona would have jumped in too. When Luann hilariously jumped up and towered above Bethenny, booming,  "DO YOU THINK I CARE WHAT YOU THINK?" Bethenny literally squealed like a mouse, 'you have lipstick on your teeth,' and tried to make a joke out of the situation whereas usually, and in the past, she'd be all, "WHORE, WHORE YOU'RE A WHORE!" I don't blame Beth, I would have been petrified if Luanne got in my face like that, but it was a rarity to see Bethenny back off and not engage in arguing.

The nutcracker incident. Oh dear. If Bethenny had directed her tears and squeals to thanking Dorinda then it might not have been so awkward. Did she literally think Santa had acquired it for her? Say thank you, woman! Then she barrels all over Ramona for talking about her skincare brand. Pot and kettles, honey, pots and kettles. Then she puts her foot in it with Luann who can't get out the door quick enough. And then to top it all off she says, "I feel Carole is just a little off," hastily adding, "and I feel it's because of Adam." Oh, sweet lord, what planet are you on! It was you! All you! You had an argument with her 3 days ago. But no, I'm sure it's Adam. Or maybe Mickey Mouse.  

There's so many I've learned from this show about how to upset people. I often accuse people of having a drink problem by acting concerned about them. I think I'll try Sonja's "how aaaaare you? Are you sad? Everyone thinks you're sad." Classic! 

I actually felt really bad for Luann seeing her get arrested and told she needed to hire a lawyer. It's not like she would act that way if she wasn't seriously drunk. She's not a terrible person and doesn't deserve all that humiliation. 

• Love 20

Tinsley has gotten a lot of work recently.  She looks like a human Betty Boop.  Look at the lips.  I don't mean this in a good way.  I can't stand her.  I know that she barely does anything, but I just don't like her.  She doesn't work with the rest of the women.  Her running screaming from Dorinda is my example of this. It's so awkward.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, ancslove said:

The Bethenny/Carole fight may or may not get fixed.  But, Bethenny/Ramona is more interesting to me.  Yes, Bethenny shouldn't have ragged on Ramona's new enterprise.  But, she was absolutely right that Ramona is feeling an unseemly amount of glee at the B/Carole rift. 

There was a talking head of Ramona saying "It makes me really sad" and Ramona said it with a grin from ear to ear.  She looked absolutely ecstatic.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, weaver said:

I can only imagine how much she had to drink before the Palm Beach incident.  

Having seen her very drunk many times now, I'm beginning to think that there was more in her system than alcohol.  No, I don't think she was roofied.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, weaver said:

The phone call between Ramona and Bethenny seemed so staged, almost as if each side were filmed at a different time, and Bethenny was reading from a script.  It was funny to see poor Coco in the street though.  

Agreed. Ramona was way too prepared with her talking points, not at all her usual tongue-tied arguing. I think the phone call happened in some way and wasn't filmed so then they had the re-do (which reality tv often does). That or they had the recording of Bethenny's side and then just played it for Ramona to argue with. It was just too pat of a scene.

• Love 7

With regard to Carole running a half marathon, one of the ways to qualify for the NYC marathon is to join Road Runners and complete multiple qualifying races, which includes the various borough half marathons.  I know she ultimately partnered with a charity to run, but she may have been pursuing multiple avenues to qualify for the marathon or she just did it for practice.  (My sister runs these; it is part of the DNA that I don't share with her in the least. LOL! But at least she brings it up only at about 1% of Carole's rate of bragging.)

I don't think for a minute that Brynn is going to keep that giant nutcracker for more than six months.  I just can't imagine B keeping something like that in her house for all that long--it's far too big and not all white.

Did anyone have a "whoa, what the hell!?....REWIND!" reaction to Dorinda's latest TH look?  Her eyelashes were crazy, her hair was BIG, and her makeup was super dramatic.  I wouldn't say it looked bad, per se, but just not her best look.  (Still better than Sonja's Grandpa Munster getup.)

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

With regard to Carole running a half marathon, one of the ways to qualify for the NYC marathon is to join Road Runners and complete multiple qualifying races, which includes the various borough half marathons.  I know she ultimately partnered with a charity to run, but she may have been pursuing multiple avenues to qualify for the marathon or she just did it for practice.  (My sister runs these; it is part of the DNA that I don't share with her in the least. LOL! But at least she brings it up only at about 1% of Carole's rate of bragging.)

I don't think for a minute that Brynn is going to keep that giant nutcracker for more than six months.  I just can't imagine B keeping something like that in her house for all that long--it's far too big and not all white.

Did anyone have a "whoa, what the hell!?....REWIND!" reaction to Dorinda's latest TH look?  Her eyelashes were crazy, her hair was BIG, and her makeup was super dramatic.  I wouldn't say it looked bad, per se, but just not her best look.  (Still better than Sonja's Grandpa Munster getup.)

I had the same reaction to Dorinda’s newest TH look. It was so extreme. And I usually love her outfits, but that gold, black and white blouse was awful. It was probably Hermès, but was yucky as can be.  

• Love 6

I think Ramona scripts herself, with or without outside help.  She comes with talking points already in her head (kind of like Jill needing notes), probably because she knows she’s not as verbally adept as some of the others.  Look at last year, repeating the same sentence with five different intonations.

• Love 11

I was bored up until the last 5 min of this episode (I'm so over talking about and watching the Bethany v Carol fight) Luann slipping out of the handcuffs in the back of the police car and stepping out and asking what was wrong Killed me brought me back to life then murdered me again lol

• Love 20
1 hour ago, noveltylibrary said:

But why did the camera keep zoning in on Luanne's friend having her arm around S?  It was a bit creepy imo.

I'm never sure how I feel when these crazy women are around "normal" people , (lol).  The look on faces of the women giving blood while these loons talk about their poop or tits or whatever they were talking about, was priceless.

• Love 10

So about Bethenny's post-episode blog. 

She doesn't address the Carole issue, at all.  Nothing said.  Interesting.

Her nutcracker story is also interesting.  She basically tells us that Michael did the legwork, not Dorinda, so her reaction was justified.  I'm not invested in whether or not she was grateful enough to Dorinda, but I will say that if one of "her people" went through any degree of effort, at her direction, to complete a task for someone and she wasn't personally thanked?  Well, just let me get to the storm shelter first.

She starts out by talking about parents hiding gifts, and how it's "frankly, preposterous".  I'm confuzzled by that stream of thought.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/blogs/bethenny-frankel/bethenny-frankel-we-all-have

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Did Carole regift a pair of yummy tummy undies from Heather? Bethenny’s face looked as if it would crack in half when she opened them. 

I thought Tinsley was responsible for the gift Beth opened (using a gift bag that Carole had used to give something to Tinsely prior). Someone referred to them as Hanky-Panky underwear, I think?

• Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Her nutcracker story is also interesting.  She basically tells us that Michael did the legwork, not Dorinda, so her reaction was justified. 

It was Dorinda's idea in the first place to do something nice for B and try to find the nutcracker. Who paid for it?  I'm sure Dorinda, not Michael. Really, Bethenny? You thank Michael for tracking one down and bringing it over, and you give Dorinda a big, heartfelt thank you for her thoughtful gesture and buying you the damn nutcracker. Lame excuse for her bad manners. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Who paid for the it? 

According to her blog, B.

"I am grateful to Dorinda for connecting me with that lovely gentleman Michael via group text. He was incredible. He hunted the piece down in Worcester, MA, and I purchased it immediately. He drove four hours to pick it up and deliver it to me personally. He saved Christmas, which is why I was so excited and focused my attention on him."

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

One of the weirdest take-aways I had from this episode given all the shenaningas is that it seems like Tinsley is a really good friend. It was just that brief interaction with Lu about the blood drive where you know Tins only needs to be asked once and takes care of things without needing to be reminded. It was clear that she had agreed to donate blood and had already made arrangements to do so which I really appreciated. She also happily showed up to Bethenny's a week after a verbal waterboarding from her and now is going to house Sonia despite the issues they have had in the last year. I think she's reliable and fairly easy to be around and I think that's why Carole has gravitated toward her. No matter how close you are with them, sometimes you need a break from the Bethennys of your life. 

I totally agree with you on this!

• Love 14

The New York ladies used to be my favourites.  But now it's like the producers demand an argument for each episode.  Do they think that's what audiences want to see?  I find it tiring, especially when it goes on and on and they all bicker at once. And  that street scene of Ramona complete with  camera  angles was so staged it was silly.  I guess Beth wasn't available for the reaction shots.

I do enjoy that we often see them minus makeup, hung over and a mess.  Makes them a bit more real. Other women in this franchise are usually  'ready for my close up' perfection.

With the amount they all drink - it's a good thing the show provides drivers.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, bosawks said:

I wonder how many Lu had to knock back to get that unhinged?

She can hold her liquor so it must’ve been to the point you’d have to take off your shoe to count....

And Sonja, I think I can speak for everyone who had sex in 2008, nobody gives a shit!

Well now I feel embarrassed. I often tell strangers and, of course, anyone who does work on my house about the times I've had sex. Doesn't everyone do that?

10 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

It's not as if Ramona hasn't earned that from Bethenny however... dating way back... most notably the walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. And let's face it - Ramona is pretty horrible in her own right. She's been incredibly nasty to many women on this show, both current and past. Who could forget her diss on Luann about the Count - which happened at a charity event Luann was participating in for women who had cancer...  Ramona scored no points in my eyes for going off on Bethenny - she's making Bethenny pay for Bethenny having enough of Ramona's shenanigans last season when Ramona was once again inappropriate. Bethenny is 100% correct that Ramona is loving the Carole v Bethenny rift.

I think Ramona can also be a good friend. Bethenny said that Ramona texted her a lot to check on her when Beth had the bleeding issue, and Ramona made a generous donation to Beth's PR charity.

10 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Bethenny has no filter or impulse control.  If she thinks it, you’d damn well better believe she’s gonna say it.  I have a lot of sarcastic, biting thoughts too, but I have sense enough not to say them.  I think before I speak; Bethenny doesn’t.

I think Beth also says her sarcastic thoughts because she thinks they are so clever & witty.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, escatefromny said:

Yes to the sentiment and very yes to the comparison.  When she was in the Santa hat and shreaking at the arrival of the Nutcracker there was a close up and she looked exactly like the Grinch, same stubbed nose, same hinged smile, same dead eyes and same aura of evil.

lmao i don't hate her that much but my hat's off to your commitment!

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Did any of them end up swapping or stealing gifts from another person? 

That could have been fun to see.  I thought that was where they were going at first.  We do this in my office and it can be quite the tug of war.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Bethenny's gold sparkly shirt was giving me such a freakin' headache!  And yet, 5 hours later . . . BLINK, BLINK, BLINK, I'm still seeing that damn gold sparkly shirt before my eyes.  WTF?  Is Bethenny hypnotizing us?  Will that damn sparkly gold shirt be making us go out & buy all the SkinnyGirl crap we can gorg ourselves out on tomorrow?  Idk, I wouldn't put anything past Bethenny . . .

/small voice: I FLOVED her entire outfit.  The top, the jeans, the shoes.  It was everything to me.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

There was a group text that Dorinda hooked up with Michael and Bethennny.  

I seriously thought for a second you meant hook up for real. ?

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Tinsley has gotten a lot of work recently.  She looks like a human Betty Boop.  Look at the lips.  I don't mean this in a good way.  I can't stand her.  I know that she barely does anything, but I just don't like her.  She doesn't work with the rest of the women.  Her running screaming from Dorinda is my example of this. It's so awkward.

I would love her to be off the show.  

• Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, UMAngela said:

Felt the same way to me with all of those camera angles.  And nothing about Ramona's delivery felt natural.

I've always hated the cadence of Ramona's speech be it conversational, confrontational or talking head.

Edited by Giselle
Tyop :-D
  • Love 14

I agree with the poster above who wrote that Lu’s TH about Tom was possibly the first time she has ever been completely honest and genuine on camera. 

But now I am confused. Didn’t she tell Victoria a few episodes ago that Tom had a new girlfriend?  I guess Bravo is showing scenes out of chron order . . . .

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

My family used to play a variation  of that game for years and we had alot more fun.   Everyone brought 4-5  gifts - you could regift, buy gag gifts, nice things - as long as there was a combination of nice and gag. 

We play the same way. After all the presents are opened, we roll the dice some more and compete for the good stuff. Last year everyone was after a gift card to Macy's that my brother brought. He's in the chips and a generous sort so we figured it was one of the more $$ items. Game on. When the dice rolling was over and I'd won the card, we were all curious to know the value of it. 

Guess how much?

Big fat zero dollars and zero cents. It was a blank card. It was hilarious because we'd been fighting over/stealing that thing like it was a $500 windfall - never thinking for a moment that he was pulling a fast one on us. Unless you've ever played this game, you'll never realize how raucous and cut-throat it gets. It's fun and hilarious.

Had I been at Beth's White Elephant, I'd be stealin' the pashmina/poncho that Sonja got. That's the only thing that really interested me. Although I love a good Beauty blender.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

According to her blog, B.

"I am grateful to Dorinda for connecting me with that lovely gentleman Michael via group text. He was incredible. He hunted the piece down in Worcester, MA, and I purchased it immediately. He drove four hours to pick it up and deliver it to me personally. He saved Christmas, which is why I was so excited and focused my attention on him."

I know that we shouldn't take anything that these ladies say literally, but for someone who has SO much to say that finding a giant Nutcracker "saved" Christmas is just sad.  I'm sure her daughter gets tons of gifts and wouldn't have given it another thought if there was no giant Nutcracker on Christmas morning.  She's setting her daughter up for a lifetime of disappointment if Bryn becomes the kind of person who focuses on what she doesn't have vs. being thankful for everything she does have.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

Everyone brought 4-5  gifts

I can't come to your house for Christmas.  4 - 5 presents each?  We only give gifts for the little kids.  I am the master of lining up small children and handing out money.  Just the right size and color.  When I was a kid my dad would give us all cigs.  Yes, he was an asshole.  When I had a staff I would put up a website with cool little gifts and let them line up to choose what they wanted and had it delivered to the office.  They loved that.  People say I am a bah humbug but growing up middle class we got nice Santa gifts and birthday gifts until 18.  Nothing ever the rest of the year.  We just don't dwell on gifts.  The inlaws coming in are either shocked or relieved.

Loved LuAnn's new home.  Very cool and cozy.

LuAnn slipping out of her cuffs could be a good advertisement for any diet substance.  That was pretty funny.

Carole - I had an aunt that never married and then hooked up with a much younger man and he lived with her for years.  He took her for money, though she never admitted it, she had to give him half the value of her house since they lived in a strict common law marriage state.  He left her for someone more age appropriate and started the process.  It nearly killed her.  Carole has that look.  It's all fun and games when she was calling the shots....................................................

• Love 11

Interesting how the other HousenotWives [HnWs] warn Lu that maybe it’s not a good idea to go to Palm Beach/West Palm Beach (afterall, Lu was wisely avoiding Tom’s favorite NY venues). She responds with, “I’m going to Jupiter, Florida, not Palm Beach.” Yet, like a moth to a flame. . . .

• Love 12
55 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Did Carole regift a pair of yummy tummy undies from Heather? Bethenny’s face looked as if it would crack in half when she opened them. 

47 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I thought Tinsley was responsible for the gift Beth opened (using a gift bag that Carole had used to give something to Tinsely prior). Someone referred to them as Hanky-Panky underwear, I think?

Hanky Panky Panties start off at about $30 a pair. That looked like a three-pack that Bethenny was gifted from Tinsley.

Instead of trying to peddle toaster ovens, Sonia should have thought up a clever name like Hanky Panky Panties and developed a line of undies. Perfect product for her that she might have had some success with.

• Love 24