Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Holidazed and Confused

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Juniebaby said:

Maybe I’m remembering incorrectly but didn’t Ramona already shill Tru Renewal face products.  I think Beth gave her a lecture on picking a brand and sticking with it.  What happened to that so called terrific product.  It would be ridiculous to go back and sell similar products under a different name and claim this one is the best now.  Also, I know Lu married Tom because she needs a man and is in love with love, but why did he marry her, I can’t figure that out.

The new one will be called Truer Than Tru Renewal.

• Love 22
(edited)

The one and only time I was invited to a white elephant party, I really thought we were supposed to bring gag gifts, so I brought that ear wax sucker thingy, lol.  Thankfully the gifts were anonymous, and there were enough people there that nobody knew who brought what.  The woman that ended up with my gift was pouting like a 6-yr old, lol.  I kept my trap tightly closed.

Most everyone else brought booze.  

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
T is sticking
  • Love 17
(edited)
8 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The new one will be called Truer Than Tru Renewal.

Speaking of Ramona.....

When LuAnn had the fashion show for her new line, didn't Ramona do something awful?  I just can't remember.  She needs to look in the mirror before getting so righteous with Bethenny. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, CaliCat said:

Lol to the bolded part. I Give a $20 bill to each of my cousins’ kids on their birthdays and Christmas. To make it seem more personal I tell them how much trouble it was to find just that particular bill, and read off the serial number. :-)

Hilarious. This is so funny. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, booboopbedoo said:

I got a used rice cooker once

LOL.  Yeah, that's a weird one.  I'll admit, I once boxed up my thrice-used air popper and included a new jar of gourmet popcorn kernels, as one of my gag gifts.  HOWEVER, my sister in law mentioned weeks earlier that she wanted to quit her microwave popcorn habit and start air popping.  So I knew she would want that from the White Elephant.  And I got it out of my pantry.  Win/win. 

That said, I would never - even as a gag gift - take something like that to a White Elephant if it wasn't my family.  Family listens to each other all year and we 'basement pick' our White Elephants accordingly, with the utmost care and consideration. LOL. I know many people find White Elly, tacky as helly, but it's a December 30 tradition for the Ryebreads.  My SIL texted me a pic of herself eating a huge bowl of popcorn in her jammies on New Year's Eve.  Made me happy, made her happy.  This alone was worth the price of admission to the WE.

Bethenny should come over and my fam'll teach her how to play AND have fun.  The only rule for her is, she'll need to keep her clothes on and she's not allowed to gift Skinnygirl crap.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Juniebaby said:

Maybe I’m remembering incorrectly but didn’t Ramona already shill Tru Renewal face products.  I think Beth gave her a lecture on picking a brand and sticking with it.  What happened to that so called terrific product.  It would be ridiculous to go back and sell similar products under a different name and claim this one is the best now.  Also, I know Lu married Tom because she needs a man and is in love with love, but why did he marry her, I can’t figure that out.

You are correct - I posted about this as well ;) Ramona came out with a skincare line called Tru Renewal, trying to capitalize on her True Faith jewelry line- and Bethenny (correctly) encouraged her to call the line True Renewal and have a similar logo but Ramona scoffed at her, she was dead set on Tru Renewal. No longer exists I guess, I don't remember if it went away while she was still with Mario or after - if after I wonder if it had something to do with him owning True Faith... *shrugs* 

I'm guessing Tom married Luann because he's a wannabe famewhore - he was on the first season of RHONY with his friends, trying to pick up Ramona's gaggle of lady friends...

• Love 7
10 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

I forgot to mention it was really irritating that Carole was making it seem B was arguing 'minutiae' (which for some reason I hate hearing her say that word) on whether it was a Saturday or a Sunday.  Ummm it did matter because iirc you're the one who said he had the day off on SUNDAY.  

EXACTLY!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, kicksave said:

For crying out loud...being from those places are GREAT...that's the point!

I gotcha.  No worries!  :) 

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

I forgot to mention it was really irritating that Carole was making it seem B was arguing 'minutiae' (which for some reason I hate hearing her say that word) on whether it was a Saturday or a Sunday.  Ummm it did matter because iirc you're the one who said he had the day off on SUNDAY.  

19 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

EXACTLY!

Dorinda the drunken shit stirrer referenced and dismissed it in her TH.   She used time of day instead of day of the week.

Carole wasn't nearly as good in that argument as some would have us believe.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Juniebaby said:

Maybe I’m remembering incorrectly but didn’t Ramona already shill Tru Renewal face products.  I think Beth gave her a lecture on picking a brand and sticking with it.  What happened to that so called terrific product.  It would be ridiculous to go back and sell similar products under a different name and claim this one is the best now.  

All cosmetic brands do this.  In the cosmetics world, it’s frequently just marketing hype,  but not always.   Many new ingredients have been proven effective in skin care in the last few years and have been incorporated into products.  Customers are now expecting new stuff all the time.  

Bethenny sold vitamins for a New York minute.  Do you think she’d never sell vitamins again if a profitable opportunity presented itself?  

• Love 6
(edited)

Ok.  I'll chime in.  I never played 'the' game until I was at my sister in law's house in NC.  She's originally from Connecticut and her boyfriend is from Maryland but are familiar with the game because it was introduced to them after having moved there.  It's called Dirty Santa (another poster from the south mentioned it).  It's not exactly how they played it in the Berkshires.  All I know is that we had a hell of a lot of fun and the gifts were more than decent.  I fought for the handle of Mt Gay Rum.  And...I got it in the end.  Everyone knew that I would appreciate it the most.  The most fought after gift was among the women and it was a gift bag from Bath and Body Works. 

On a side note, I love the reuse of a gift bag.  If it's decent, it goes into the closet down in the basement and definitely gets reused.  Those bags are expensive for what you get.  I hate it when someone fills out the little fold out card.  Damn.  Well, ok.  I tear it off if necessary.  Don't get me started with boxes for Christmas presents.  Yeah, no.  Sorry.  It's not from Brooks Brothers, Vineyard Vines or William Sonoma.  I got a free box.  Sorry.  Kohl's discontinued free boxes.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, film noire said:

I've been 'shipping those two for years ("Lumonja: Catch the Fever!") but, dammit,  they just keep chasing dick instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've tasted the Wessonality together,  not that there's anything wrong with that!   Sonja has always said that she has the hots for LuAnn, and when she's drunk, she's all over whoever is next to her, be it man or woman!  LuAnn seems to be frisky when she's drunk too.  Maybe that's why Sonja is really mad at Tinsley.  Maybe she wouldn't do the dance with Sonja like LuAnn does.  A dry hump here, a dry hump there.   

And to film noire, you're a riot!  I'll never look at Wesson oil the same way again!

• Love 6

What I always remember about Ramona’s Tru Renewal “line” is her wacky pronunciation of the thing that was meant to mimic how she wanted it spelled.

It was spelled something like TruReNewal, and Ramona hit those capital letters with all the emphasis she could muster: true-REE-new-WULL

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

What I always remember about Ramona’s Tru Renewal “line” is her wacky pronunciation of the thing that was meant to mimic how she wanted it spelled.

It was spelled something like TruReNewal, and Ramona hit those capital letters with all the emphasis she could muster: true-REE-new-WULL

ha ha ha - that's right! She was so goofy about about it. 

• Love 4
On 5/31/2018 at 6:12 PM, njbchlover said:

I think that Dorinda also recycles gift bags, and we all know that Sonja most definitely must do that!   

We do it all the time in our family - at Christmas, we are all always commenting on the gift bags, and how long they have been passesd back and forth!  We have one that I think has been around for at least 10 years, and is still in good shape!  

I love collecting gift bags.  

All the talk of the white elephant game has made me misty.  My mom always bought the BEST gifts and we fought hard over them.  LOL. She passed away in October, and Christmas will never be the same.

• Love 24
(edited)
33 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

All the talk of the white elephant game has made me misty.  My mom always bought the BEST gifts and we fought hard over them.  LOL. She passed away in October, and Christmas will never be the same.

Me, too.  I've never had a profile picture but I put one up earlier today:  a white elephant because I love 'em, so damn much.  My dad passed 2 years ago and the last time we remember him having a belly laugh was at his last WE party.  The first one without him was not the same. My SIL framed a nice picture of him and that was included in the exchange this year.  Very popular item! Sorry about your mom.  She'd want you to continue the WE tradition!

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 21
On 5/30/2018 at 11:04 PM, BodhiGurl said:

It's not as if Ramona hasn't earned that from Bethenny however... dating way back... most notably the walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. And let's face it - Ramona is pretty horrible in her own right. She's been incredibly nasty to many women on this show, both current and past. Who could forget her diss on Luann about the Count - which happened at a charity event Luann was participating in for women who had cancer...  Ramona scored no points in my eyes for going off on Bethenny - she's making Bethenny pay for Bethenny having enough of Ramona's shenanigans last season when Ramona was once again inappropriate. Bethenny is 100% correct that Ramona is loving the Carole v Bethenny rift.

But Ramona was right and Bethenny pretty much admitted she has few close girlfriends and doesn’t currently have a long term stable relationship from what we can decipher. Was Ramona cruel in telling Bethenny what she said? Yes. Was it the truth? Hell yes! 

• Love 13
51 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I love collecting gift bags.  

I'm so sorry Butterqueen.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

Me, too.  I've never had a profile picture but I put one up earlier today:  a white elephant because I love 'em, so damn much.  My dad passed 2 years ago and the last time we remember him having a belly laugh was at his last WE party.  The first one without him was not the same. My SIL framed a nice picture of him and that was included in the exchange this year.  Very popular item! Sorry about your mom.  She'd want you to continue the WE tradition!

Awe, now I’m crying again.  I’m sorry about your dad....I lost my dad in 1998.  

We’ll get back to traditions, I’m sure, but Mom was the heart and soul of my family.

I LOVE Christmas, and that will never change completely.  It’s why Bravo needs more episodes of Christmas with these crazy ladies.

1 hour ago, Giselle said:

I'm so sorry Butterqueen.

Thank you. ❤️

• Love 11
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, Thumper said:

I thought she/they came up with it after the arrest -- to be funny!

I look at it and can't believe she'd "go there" to try and play the "Trump card" of "anything's ok as long as they spell the name right! At least I'm being talked about!" I would hope she'd have some self-respect and feel shame for those terribly embarrassing moments on video! She's no "inner city" youth acting out; more a privileged, rich b!tch! She got off for the most part; barely an inconvenience when threatening cops! After this drama on her resume, how can she ever tout that "high horse" she likes to ride on? Her hypocrisy will grow exponential at this point in her life! ;-(

Edited by Fiero425
On 5/30/2018 at 6:26 PM, Kaia40 said:

I’m on Bethenny’s side.  Carole just showed her true colors.  She’s one of those friends that can NEVER be trusted because in a fight she will turn on you.  Come on Carole, I’m sure that you called Luann way worse than a loser and spoke badly about the other ladies!  I didn’t hear B throw you under the bus. Also, Carole is so ugly that she hurts my eyes. When she speaks, she looks like an old lady trying to keep her dentures from falling out of her mouth!   Oh and Carole is a liar about B not telling her about Houston.  Think about it, if someone called your boyfriend a name “operator” in this case, any normal person would say why would you say that.  Bethenny is also all about backing herself up with facts.   There is no way Bethenny called Carole and only said Adam is an operator and ended the convo without explananing why she felt that way! Carole is the LIAR! 

SPOT ON!  100%   

• Love 6
On 5/31/2018 at 6:47 AM, mwell345 said:

Most of the rest of it is about the Nutcracker.  "I am grateful to Dorinda for connecting me with that lovely gentleman Michael via group text. He was incredible."  A half hearted thank you to Dorinda.

More than a half hearted thank you to Dorinda is is a thuck you because she is making the point with scalpel like precision that Michael was really her hero. Whom she thanked by saying Santa is gay. I just still don't follow that comment. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

More than a half hearted thank you to Dorinda is is a thuck you because she is making the point with scalpel like precision that Michael was really her hero. Whom she thanked by saying Santa is gay. I just still don't follow that comment. 

I am still at a loss about how much you should thank a connector.  Bethenny paid for the nutcracker, Michael went and fetched it.  I would think Bethenny's delight would be enough of a thank you.  It was very staged, as obviously Bethenny knew it was coming.  I thought the others and especially Ramona were picking nits about Bethenny's lack of thanking Dorinda.  Dorinda needs to jump down off the throne.  

It was similar to the skincare crack-they were busy opening presents and trying to play a game, and Ramona went for a plug of a product she was developing.  I am not certain if I believe Ramona formulates her skin care line, but after watching her bloated puss chewing out Bethenny on the phone I would say she would be the NOT in a skincare line.  Ramona tends to pick and choose what Bethenny says and then wraps it into something much bigger than it is.

Same with Carole, I do think Bethenny was trying to empathize.  There can be more than one person who is sad, more than one person who is sad after a break up.  We have Luann who is sad and ultimately self-destructive, we regularly have Dorinda and Carole ruminating about their late husbands. I just didn't get how Bethenny's comments were so bad.  Let's face it Carole and Dorinda were speaking about Bethenny being a narcissist.  Nice talk.

There are so many things I dislike about Bethenny so it is hard to defend her but this episode she seems to be a little too targeted.  

• Love 12
(edited)
On 5/30/2018 at 9:27 PM, ladle said:

I dislike both Carole and Bethenny, so I'm really not invested in picking a "side" here... BUT Carole really should not have brought up things B. told her in confidence.  Carole went scorched earth the second she chose to do that, and B.-- who has the mother of all trust issues -- will never truly trust her again.

Agree, that was pretty shitty. And you’re right, they’re both unlikeable. I think Carole was cut deeply by bethaninny saying derogatory things about Adam. I think Carole really only shows the cameras certain things, and B drew back the curtain on Adam and Carole a little bit. Carole lost control of her narrative with B’s Adam reveal, what did any of us really see of him. He was pretty much kept under wraps. Carole felt that Bethany betrayed her first, so she was entitled to betray her back. 

Edited by VedaPierce
On 5/30/2018 at 9:46 PM, BodhiGurl said:

So... it's not like Ramona hasn't dissed the other women's attempts at marketing a product. Anyone remember Jill and Kodak? She doesn't have a track record of supporting other women - so it shouldn't be surprising when she gets it directed back at her. And she knows Bethenny long enough and well enough to not be shocked that she made a snarky comment about Ramona's latest venture. I'd be more shocked if Bethenny was kind and supportive. She's the snark factor on the show.

Yeah....but that was a long time ago, and c’mon, it was JILL. ;)

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, ryebread said:

Those were Tins' pins.

I watched again. Tins had changed into a white/ivory dress with bare legs or nude/flesh-colored stockings/hose and pale brown booties. Lu was wearing black hose with some kind of embellishment up the back. Both Lu and Ramona were running their hands against the embellishment.  

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 1
On 5/30/2018 at 9:56 PM, psychoticstate said:

Carole, if you can't donate blood because you're underweight, eat a damn sammich.  

Carole LOVES that she can’t donate blood because she’s too thin. That’s gonna be their next goal...being too thin to donate blood

• Love 4
On 5/30/2018 at 9:58 PM, tinaw said:

I cant believe that Tinsley is letting Sonja stay with her.

Talk about glutton for punishment

Tinsley needs to show something interesting on camera. Having Sonja there is like getting some material to work with. There’ll be hijinks, panties hanging from a lamp, a neglected dog crapping in the floor, a drunken make-out attempt, and the inevitable fight. Without Sonja for a roommate, tinsleys working alone. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/30/2018 at 10:10 PM, tinaw said:

I can't feel bad for Luann and I cant blame the other women for digging Luann either.

Luann looks down her nose at people. She does everything right and no one else is good like her.

I wouldn' want Luann critiquing me either

No sympathy Lu. Your not perfect

I enjoy watching them all, but have zero sympathy for any of them, really. I remember how pulled together Lu was back in the day, when she was tearing down Alex. Alex didn’t stand a chance going up against lu. I remember thinking, damn, Lu is one scary, tough bitch. I thought she was strong and smart and mean. What a shell she is now of her former self. She really seems like drunken trash to me now, and not very clever at all. She’s a sad, broken drunk now. She learned nothing from her rough setbacks the last five years. To not gain any insights into herself, speaks to her intelligence....:(

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Bethenny thought LuAnn already knew about Tom's girlfriend.  When she realized she didn't, she apologized repeatedly.   Your saying that Carole told her "in private" and that she outs "private conversations" in this instance is misleading.  It makes it sound like Carole told Bethenny it was a secret and not to tell anyone.  We all know that's not true because Carole hates LuAnn and couldn't care less if it was plastered on the front page of the New York Post.     

There are plenty of things to criticize about Bethenny.  It's not necessary to play with words to add another.

Wait, What? Only Carole "hates" Luann? Anyone remember "Whore/Slut" name calling? And, Yes, Carole told her info about Luann in a private conversation and Bethenny out'ed that info. Does Carole dislike Luann, Yes but so does Bethenny. LOL

• Love 5
On 5/30/2018 at 10:20 PM, UMAngela said:

Felt the same way to me with all of those camera angles.  And nothing about Ramona's delivery felt natural.

I actually bought it....when the phone conversation started and bethenny started in on her, Ramoner immediately started twitching. Lol lol. You can’t fake that. Lol and I thought uh-oh, she’s twitching! Here we go! Lol lol lol. It’s the tell-tale Ramoner twitch. 

• Love 8
On 5/30/2018 at 10:22 PM, njbchlover said:

In 2008!!!!  What was Sonja trying to tell the contractor - that the sink in the "staff" bathroom was off the wall since then?  No wonder each of those interns never stuck around for more than a few months!!  

First of all, the "staff bathroom (or room)" reminded me of the movie "The Help", and then, hearing that the sink was broken or off the wall since 2008 really disgusted me.

I remember when Sonja first joined and they showed her house, I thought it was GORGEOUS! Then kelly said at a luncheon that Sonja’s house was a neglected, dirty dump and I was APPALLED! Imagine that?, kelly was right! That place probably needs half a mil to get it up to speed. So sad. 

• Love 8
On 5/31/2018 at 10:19 PM, Christi said:

Beth did an IG story (which disappears in 24 hrs) That says "Thanks to Dorinda for "connecting me" to Michael (Nutcracker dude) with a pic of that nite.

What a bitchy remark! She didnt just hook you up with a nutcracker dealer Beth, she had him DELIVER it to you! He said its the only one left in the US too.  So shady, jesus.

Plus, the thing is really ugly, and it seemed like an odd thing for her kid to beg for, and for her to buy!

I followed her on IG today, and her professionally done selfies are over the top.

How can she call out Carol for doing  it??

That really was a bitchy remark. One tell-tale sign of a true narcissist is an inability to give others credit, or show genuine appreciation for what they’ve done (especially other women, if the narc is female).

• Love 14
On 5/30/2018 at 10:48 PM, Chicosan said:

For a few minutes into the second half of the Carole/Bethenny fight at Dorinda’s dinner I was actually starting to see Bethenny’s side. It did seem like Carole took it a little too far by breaching girl code and spilling what Bethenny said about Lu. I kinda agreed with Beth that it freaked her out that she didn’t feel safe anymore with talking and gossiping with her good friend Carole if she goes running to spill their private talks. But that didn’t last long with her behavior from not acknowledging Dorinda on camera for the nutcracker to her feeling the need to call Ramona and attack her. She’s such a hypocrite. 

But didn’t Bethenny start the Carole fight? By revealing that juicy bit of dirt about Adam wanting to get paid for charity, to Dorinda on the plane to Puerto Rico? I think that was kinda icky on Adam’s part, but telling Dorinda on camera seemed like Bethenny broke girl code first. Carole seemed really taken aback when she was told that Bethenny was talking about it to Dorinda....

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I am still at a loss about how much you should thank a connector.  Bethenny paid for the nutcracker, Michael went and fetched it.  I would think Bethenny's delight would be enough of a thank you.  It was very staged, as obviously Bethenny knew it was coming.  I thought the others and especially Ramona were picking nits about Bethenny's lack of thanking Dorinda.  Dorinda needs to jump down off the throne.  

It was similar to the skincare crack-they were busy opening presents and trying to play a game, and Ramona went for a plug of a product she was developing.  I am not certain if I believe Ramona formulates her skin care line, but after watching her bloated puss chewing out Bethenny on the phone I would say she would be the NOT in a skincare line.  Ramona tends to pick and choose what Bethenny says and then wraps it into something much bigger than it is.

Point well made on the nutcracker because the reveal it seems it was produced. If Dorinda connected Michael and Bethenny then prior to this fake big reveal Bethenny already paid for the nutcracker and knew he had found one for Brynn and knew it was coming for her party. And she probably then had the Santa is gay punchline all written.  It was produced (for us to see) more like Dorinda and Michael found it  and Dorinda fronted the $4k or whatever it cost. The reality is that Dorinda was more of the connector way back which is why Bethenny thanked Michael more since the two of them had been working together. If Bethenny had admitted that, then she would be breaking the 4th wall about how this was produced. I don't like that fakeness of scenes. 

Bethenny gets NO pass from me on taunting Ramona about product shilling. NONE. Bethenny doesn't. support. other. WOMEN! (you just read that in Ramona's voice!) lol

59 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I actually bought it....when the phone conversation started and bethenny started in on her, Ramoner immediately started twitching. Lol lol. You can’t fake that. Lol and I thought uh-oh, she’s twitching! Here we go! Lol lol lol. It’s the tell-tale Ramoner twitch. 

haha yes her hand on the phone was flip flapping like  the gill of a trout out of a lake I was laughing. No offense to trout. Catch & release! 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 11
On 5/31/2018 at 10:48 AM, QuinnM said:

Ok, I see it on social media.  Bethenny has been asked/called out so I can say she gives Bryn every experience she can afford.  Fabulous trips.  Movies/Broadway with Brynn and her posse.  Make a cake.  Etc, etc, etc.  But she does not give her a lot of things.  She says Brynn has what she needs.  My guess is that Bethenny does not like clutter.  But when you have that kind of money the experiences are pretty fabulous.

Bryn would be just as happy with some Polly Pockets in a shag carpeted den in Hazelton. 

On 5/31/2018 at 11:59 AM, Thumper said:

I think nutcrackers are creepy.  Hope she didn't put it in Brynn's bedroom.  ??

On 5/31/2018 at 1:08 PM, escapetoreality said:

Knowing what we know about Bethenny's fetish for organization and purging Bryn's things, I'll bet that fugly nutcracker was out on the curb on January 2nd. 

THIS! Think that nutcracker lasted past NYE? I doubt it with Bethenny's need for no clutter. 

On 5/31/2018 at 12:04 PM, Chickabiddy said:

Because Bethenney can't ever cede any ground in any interaction, ever. Further, she isn't happy with just winning the point, she has to employ a scorched earth policy where she napalams her victims with a barrage of biting, brutal insults.  Beth is so focused on winning every battle that she is slowly losing the war, socially speaking. It's why the only friends she has are those who are paid in some form (Bravo $$) to be around her.  I have a hard time watching her sometimes tear into women who are clearly not as powerful economically speaking or as gifted verbally.  

I would have hoped that all her success would have made her just the tiniest bit gracious to those around her, but no, B doesn't do gracious, ever. 

This is (scorched earth etc) ALL mommy/daddy stuff. If she doesn't do the real work on it she will be like this forever. And ever. Betheny ever after. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Wait, What? Only Carole "hates" Luann? Anyone remember "Whore/Slut" name calling? And, Yes, Carole told her info about Luann in a private conversation and Bethenny out'ed that info. Does Carole dislike Luann, Yes but so does Bethenny. LOL

I never said only Carole hates LuAnn.    

I was commenting on the use of the phrase "in private."

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Same with Carole, I do think Bethenny was trying to empathize.  There can be more than one person who is sad, more than one person who is sad after a break up.  We have Luann who is sad and ultimately self-destructive, we regularly have Dorinda and Carole ruminating about their late husbands. I just didn't get how Bethenny's comments were so bad.  Let's face it Carole and Dorinda were speaking about Bethenny being a narcissist.  Nice talk.

There are so many things I dislike about Bethenny so it is hard to defend her but this episode she seems to be a little too targeted.  

It was a Bethenny staged production IMO, not production staged and a simple "Thank You" is all she needed to/should say to Dorinda. LOL 

12 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Point well made on the nutcracker because the reveal it seems it was produced. If Dorinda connected Michael and Bethenny then prior to this fake big reveal Bethenny already paid for the nutcracker and knew he had found one for Brynn and knew it was coming for her party. And she probably then had the Santa is gay punchline all written.  It was produced (for us to see) more like Dorinda and Michael found it  and Dorinda fronted the $4k or whatever it cost. The reality is that Dorinda was more of the connector way back which is why Bethenny thanked Michael more since the two of them had been working together. If Bethenny had admitted that, then she would be breaking the 4th wall about how this was produced. I don't like that fakeness of scenes. 

Bethenny gets NO pass from me on taunting Ramona about product shilling. NONE. Bethenny doesn't. support. other. WOMEN! (you just read that in Ramona's voice!) lol

haha yes her hand on the phone was flip flapping like  the gill of a trout out of a lake I was laughing. No offense to trout. Catch & release! 

There wasn't any 4th wall to break, the nutcracker wasn't something production arranged behind the scenes, that was a Bethenny produced OTT act.

2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I never said only arose hates LuAnn.    

I was commenting on the use of the phrase "in private."

Both comments were made between Bethenny and Carole, hence they were said/made in "private" and both women out'ed what the other told them in private conversations, not just Carole, not just Bethenny, both of them. 

• Love 7

Both comments were made between Bethenny and Carole, hence they were said/made in "private" and both women out'ed what the other told them in private conversations, not just Carole, not just Bethenny, both of them. 

I think Anna's point is that Bethenny's comment about who Tom was dating was also available for public consumption because it was not a secret to the public that Tom was dating new people. 

If I am following you correctly, if I talk to a friend about something I also see in the news, or that other people can easily witness as it occurs in a public space, and then discuss that event with other people, I am betraying a *private* confidence. That Tom was dating another woman was not something only Bethenny and Carole knew or witnessed so revealing it is not the same as revealing what was said in a private conversation.  

"I think Luann is a bitch, thats between you and I" is a private conversation.

"I saw Tom and his new girlfriend swapping spit at the Regency" is not a secret because it happens in public where other people, including Luann can see.

That's before I get into that Bethenny's real offense was the one she apologized for, bringing up Luann's failed relationship to Luann. But the point remains, if it's something Luann can read about on Page Six, then it's not a secret confidence of Carole being revealed. 

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I think Anna's point is that Bethenny's comment about who Tom was dating was also available for public consumption because it was not a secret to the public that Tom was dating new people. 

If I am following you correctly, if I talk to a friend about something I also see in the news, or that other people can easily witness as it occurs in a public space, and then discuss that event with other people, I am betraying a *private* confidence. That Tom was dating another woman was not something only Bethenny and Carole knew or witnessed so revealing it is not the same as revealing what was said in a private conversation.  

"I saw Tom and his new girlfriend swapping spit at the Regency" is not a secret because it happens in public where other people, including Luann can see.

That's before I get into that Bethenny's real offense was the one she apologized for, bringing up Luann's failed relationship to Luann. But the point remains, if it's something Luann can read about on Page Six, then it's not a secret confidence of Carole being revealed. 

Thank you.   That's exactly what I meant.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

And my point was that everyone, and I do mean everyone, knows Bethenny can't stand Luann, so Carole revealing that Bethenny called Luann a "loser" wasn't something unknown by anyone, especially in light that Bethenny has called Luann exactly that (and worse) on camera herself several times. So, either BOTH were wrong or NEITHER were wrong because both revealed things said by the other about someone else in private. 

• Love 2
(edited)
32 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

And my point was that everyone, and I do mean everyone, knows Bethenny can't stand Luann, so Carole revealing that Bethenny called Luann a "loser" wasn't something unknown by anyone, especially in light that Bethenny has called Luann exactly that (and worse) on camera herself several times. So, either BOTH were wrong or NEITHER were wrong because both revealed things said by the other about someone else in private. 

I get your point but I don't think you get mine. 

The original post was critical of Bethenny for her comment to LuAnn about Tom's girlfriend and my response was specifically about that and ONLY that.   

ETA:  If you want to include Carole in this discussion, we might as well add all the HWs on all the franchises since they all do it.  That would be an interesting discussion but very far from where we started.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Mozelle said:

YESSSS. I can hear her saying it in my head, and punctuating those syllables with her wacky hand gestures! That's our Moaner. 

35 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Nah, I don't see that as the same thing at all. 

Tom dating another woman is something that's irrefutable and was happening AT PRESENT. 

Bethenny certainly has had issues with Lu in the past. She has called her names in the past. But that doesn't mean things can't change. I think B and Lu have been getting along fairly decently so far this year, and some part of last year as well. I really do think B had sympathy for Lu in regards to the Tom situation. They have a history and sometimes they can be nasty to each other, but sometimes they get along. Currently, they were getting along. So there was really no reason to bring up the "loser" comment - WHICH we don't even know if it's true. 

• Love 11

I don't understand what the big deal is about whether Bethenny called Luann a loser or not.  She called her so much worse during the human f*&kdoll rampage. 

Betrayal of confidence or not, this is not really surprising news to anyone (imo).

• Love 17
(edited)
22 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I don't understand what the big deal is about whether Bethenny called Luann a loser or not.  She called her so much worse during the human f*&kdoll rampage. 

Betrayal of confidence or not, this is not really surprising news to anyone (imo).

Obviously it didn't bother LuAnn much either.  LOL

There seems to be some confusion regarding the meaning and use of the phrases "in private" and "in confidence."

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3