Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Holidazed and Confused

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Yeah....but that was a long time ago, and c’mon, it was JILL. ;)

LOL - no doubt, BUT... I'm just attempting to point out her non support of women dates way back to the early days, she dragged Luann, she dragged Alex, she dragged Kelly... Heather... Kristin... (not that some of them didn't deserve to be dragged - but so does Ramona at times).  Ramona can be thoughtful, and she can be a pit viper - kind of like Bethenny at times. Her "read" of Bethenny in this episode was ridiculous - I feel she's taking advantage of the Carole angst to go in on Bethenny to get back at her for last years shenanigans (which were all Ramona's fault - as she was the one that started the ball rolling when she brought up that super old b-movie Bethenny was in - relating it to how Bryn felt, which was obviously an attempt to make Bethenny look bad).  All that said - Ramona does crack me up at times, but it seems like the older she gets/post Divorce she isn't as "fun" as she used to be. Maybe she needs a hobby... ha ha ha...

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Bethenny certainly has had issues with Lu in the past. She has called her names in the past. But that doesn't mean things can't change. I think B and Lu have been getting along fairly decently so far this year, and some part of last year as well. I really do think B had sympathy for Lu in regards to the Tom situation. They have a history and sometimes they can be nasty to each other, but sometimes they get along. Currently, they were getting along. So there was really no reason to bring up the "loser" comment - WHICH we don't even know if it's true. 

Agreed - I also don't think Bethenny hates Luann. I think part of why Bethenny went off on Luann (has it been 2 years ago now?) was in part because of their history - they were hot and cold early on - and no doubt she had some residual resentment for Luann getting inbetween the Jill v Bethenny situation, but I also think part of her blow up at Luann was because of Luann vs Carole. Bethenny had her friends back - Luann would act offended etc about Carole dating a younger man and Bethenny exploded because she knows how Luann really is behind the facade she used to show - that she also dates younger men and also has casual sex at times (which Carole was not having with Adam - as much as I am no longer a fan of Carole I get why she didn't like Luann because of all of Luann's shady comments). Now that all that dust has settled I think Bethenny is ok with Luann - and will likely be more so the further she gets away from Carole.  Because Luann and Bethenny started on the original season of RHONY I think they have a bond - that can go hot or cold, LOL... It's kind of like my view of Luann - sometimes I really enjoy her on the show and sometimes I can barely get my eyes to roll back forward during my reactions to her shenanigans. I can say the same for Ramona - sometimes I don't mind her, and sometimes I can't stand her... I can only imagine actually interacting with them in real life... ha! :)

Edited by BodhiGurl
clarify my point - in agreement with Gholina
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I enjoy watching them all, but have zero sympathy for any of them, really. I remember how pulled together Lu was back in the day, when she was tearing down Alex. Alex didn’t stand a chance going up against lu. I remember thinking, damn, Lu is one scary, tough bitch. I thought she was strong and smart and mean. What a shell she is now of her former self. She really seems like drunken trash to me now, and not very clever at all. She’s a sad, broken drunk now. She learned nothing from her rough setbacks the last five years. To not gain any insights into herself, speaks to her intelligence....:(

I hope she gets some help for herself. Maybe she shouldn' be in front of the camara for a while. Focus on herself.

We'll see what happens

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:

LOL - no doubt, BUT... I'm just attempting to point out her non support of women dates way back to the early days, she dragged Luann, she dragged Alex, she dragged Kelly... Heather... Kristin... (not that some of them didn't deserve to be dragged - but so does Ramona at times).  Ramona can be thoughtful, and she can be a pit viper - kind of like Bethenny at times. Her "read" of Bethenny in this episode was ridiculous - I feel she's taking advantage of the Carole angst to go in on Bethenny to get back at her for last years shenanigans (which were all Ramona's fault - as she was the one that started the ball rolling when she brought up that super old b-movie Bethenny was in - relating it to how Bryn felt, which was obviously an attempt to make Bethenny look bad).  All that said - Ramona does crack me up at times, but it seems like the older she gets/post Divorce she isn't as "fun" as she used to be. Maybe she needs a hobby... ha ha ha...

Oh yeah, for sure Ramoner has a mean streak. Like a pet raccoon you raised on a bottle, which then turns on you, and viciously bites your face :) (see throwing a glass at Kristen for getting her hair wet, off her canoe, among a million other bat-shit crazy stunts) but I actually think a lot of her smug superiority is gone since the divorce. She has changed a little. She has a bit of a delayed conscience. Still, never forget she’s a feral raccoon under all that Botox. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

YESSSS. I can hear her saying it in my head, and punctuating those syllables with her wacky hand gestures! That's our Moaner. 

Nah, I don't see that as the same thing at all. 

Tom dating another woman is something that's irrefutable and was happening AT PRESENT. 

Bethenny certainly has had issues with Lu in the past. She has called her names in the past. But that doesn't mean things can't change. I think B and Lu have been getting along fairly decently so far this year, and some part of last year as well. I really do think B had sympathy for Lu in regards to the Tom situation. They have a history and sometimes they can be nasty to each other, but sometimes they get along. Currently, they were getting along. So there was really no reason to bring up the "loser" comment - WHICH we don't even know if it's true. 

I think they have a love hate relationship.  They bug the shit out of each other, fight, but I do see true affection at times.  

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Oh yeah, for sure Ramoner has a mean streak. Like a pet raccoon you raised on a bottle, which then turns on you, and viciously bites your face :) (see throwing a glass at Kristen for getting her hair wet, off her canoe, among a million other bat-shit crazy stunts) but I actually think a lot of her smug superiority is gone since the divorce. She has changed a little. She has a bit of a delayed conscience. Still, never forget she’s a feral raccoon under all that Botox. 

ha ha ha - EXACTLY! :) 

3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I think they have a love hate relationship.  They bug the shit out of each other, fight, but I do see true affection at times.  

Totally - I see the affection as well - which was seen in this week's episode, when Luann blew the whole "Luann is a loser" thing off, and IMO how Bethenny was clearly upset she upset Luann.

• Love 9
(edited)

I'm interested in seeing how each of the women react to LuAnn's arrest.    I wonder who will feel compassion and who will enjoy gossiping.

Anyone care to guess?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I'm interested in seeing how each of the women react to LuAnn's arrest.    I wonder who will feel compassion and who will enjoy gossiping.

Anyone care to guess?

Well Luann just gifted Bethenny with about $1000 worth of caviar so I’m guessing Bethenny stood by her in a big way.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Well Luann just gifted Bethenny with about $1000 worth of caviar so I’m guessing Bethenny stood by her in a big way.

Or she wants to make sure that she keeps her trap shut about some things that she knows. Something like a bribery payment. 

• Love 3

Or... sometimes caviar is just caviar....

Wait, what am I saying?

The caviar is clearly meant to bait a trap to attract Ramona. Feral racoons love caviar. 

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Anyone care to guess?

I see them all gossiping about her/the arrest, just like we all did. I see most of them supporting her with Carole/Tinsley enjoying her humiliation more than any of the others.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I see them all gossiping about her/the arrest, just like we all did. I see most of them supporting her with Carole/Tinsley enjoying her humiliation more than any of the others.

I agree about Carole but Tinsley?    I would think she'd be sympathetic since she has an arrest record.

It will be really interesting to watch Dorinda's reaction. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I agree about Carole but Tinsley?    I would think she'd be sympathetic since she has an arrest record.

It will be really interesting to watch Dorinda's reaction. 

Nahhh, she will follow Carole's lead and she will be all over the fact that Luann got charged with felonies. In her mind, Luann's arrest makes hers look minor.

From the preview, Dorinda looks for the silver lining, at least to Luann but who knows what she says behind her back. I am sure they will all be "I knew her going to PB was a bad idea" even though only Sonja actually told Luann that.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Nahhh, she will follow Carole's lead and she will be all over the fact that Luann got charged with felonies. In her mind, Luann's arrest makes hers look minor.

From the preview, Dorinda looks for the silver lining, at least to Luann but who knows what she says behind her back. I am sure they will all be "I knew her going to PB was a bad idea" even though only Sonja actually told Luann that.

I don't think much of Tinsley but that is disappointing to hear.

Didn't Sonja get a DWI once out in the Hamptons?   I'm sure Sonja will remind us in a TH that she told LuAnn not to go to Palm Beach but I think she'll be supportive of LuAnn.

• Love 4

Rewatching the episode, and NO WAY did Beth know that nutcracker was arriving, let alone arrange it ahead of time with Decorator Michael...that may be her cover story now because she comes off like a jerk...but at the party she freaked out about it...and thanked Michael, as well as ordering him where to put it, and then saying she always gives the best gifts...

• Love 3

I would hope that the ladies would go easy on LuAnn and not be bitches about her arrest, but this is reality TV, and they all talk shit about each other, so I'm expecting the worst from them.  

I will not relish in the consequences of her terrible lack of judgment.  It's sad.  This is what drunkenness looks like, and it not's funny, IMO.  Having lost 2 family members at different times to drunk drivers, I find no humor in watching people get soused.  I feel sorry for our police officers who have to deal with this kind of erratic behavior.  It puts their lives in danger.  I hope that LuAnn can get her act together.  She's lucky that she's not going to jail for a very long time.  I'm hoping this is a wake up call for Dorinda too.  When you do a face plant into a cake with burning candles, I'd say here's your sign, you need help. 

On a lighter note, please Bethenny, keep your clothes on while filming!  I think modesty has gone out the window.  ;)

• Love 11
(edited)

The Ramona/feral raccoon eating caviar thing cracked me up.   ?

I've been trying to figure out how to make it into a cartoon but...

...I  got nothing. ☹️

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, Straycat80 said:

Really Luann, get over Adam leaving your niece to be with Carole. Carole did your niece a favor. And what’s wrong with guys from the Midwest? ( I’m from Chicago). 

Seriously - that pissed me off.  I'm a "girl" from the Midwest (Chicago), and Luann is a drunk social-climber from Connecticut.  What's that go to do with the price of tea in China?

And I don't even like Adam.

• Love 7

...I  got nothing. ☹️

Just think of her as a trash panda :)

A trash panda eating caviar. :D

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:57 PM, ladle said:

If I were walking past Ramona having this conversation out on the sidewalk, I would 100% think she's one of those crazy ladies whose cell isn't actually on.

I'd be more concerned about her dog standing in the street just waiting to be wiped out.   But what a sweet little patient girl she was.

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:21 AM, WireWrap said:

So, bottom line is that Bethenny was upset that Carole was spending too much time with Tinsley, even though Bethenny admits she was too busy to spend any time with Carole, and that Adam told her "No", which makes it's all Carole's fault that she, Bethenny, was standoffish to Carole while talking smack about her/Adam to the others. Only in Bethenny's mind does that make sense.

Carole did say that she couldn't donate blood because of her weight, so both the Mexico trip and her weight were an issue for Carole.

I'm pretty sure they weigh the thin-looking women prior to asking the endless questions.  So Carole's weight would have ended the process before they asked about travelling outside the country.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm pretty sure they weigh the thin-looking women prior to asking the endless questions.  So Carole's weight would have ended the process before they asked about travelling outside the country.

Carole and Lu knew ahead of time that she couldn’t give because of her weight. I haven’t given weight in forever because of traveling but they never used to weigh you, just ask your weight.

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:39 AM, noveltylibrary said:

The bigger they are, the more they sag.   I'm thankful for the back clip you can add to your bra for extra heft!

What is this added back clip you speak of?  Asking for a friend.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, ryebread said:

I can't speak for @mwell345 but the 1-5 gifts for white elephant that my family members bring aren't all purchased/good stuff. "Basement gifts" and a lot of regifting are the norm. One man's junk is another man's treasure. A gag gift that a sibling got stuck with at my house, was a pirate's head made out of a huge, hairy coconut that someone brought. Prior to leaving my house that night, the winner of that gem, hung it from my master bathroom shower head. Damn near had a heart attack when I turned on the light in the bathroom that night. One of the most valuable gifts, was a framed picture of our dad that the gift giver had taken before he passed away and that none of us had ever seen. Didn't cost a lot, but everyone was fighting over that. I freaking love White Elephant.

Lu was so bummed out about her Beauty Blender and cleaner. After the pink leather wallet, the expensive panties, and the pashmina, when Lou opened that it was like, 

1172.gif

Knowing Sonja was the gifter, I'm sure the pink wallet is from her old lady of the manor days, and covered in pink sharpie.  But it was cute from afar.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, AnnA said:

...I  got nothing. ☹️

It's not caviar...nor a cartoon

But.....

5b13d8b523636_images(1).jpg.f13136f71046a712439613ac2b6949fc.jpg

8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

What is this added back clip you speak of?  Asking for a friend.

there's a few brands out there, i like this one:)

bra.jpg

On 5/31/2018 at 10:18 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I am very curious to know why there was no Skinny Girl product at Beth’s party. I am happy that I didn’t have to see it, but I still wonder.

I seriously think she's starting a Christmas sweater line...first the snowmies then the ho ho hos...

• Love 6
On 5/31/2018 at 10:22 AM, Giselle said:

I've always hated the cadence of Ramona's speech be it conversational, confrontational or talking head.

Have you heard Amy Phillips?  Hilarious, I think it's her best impression of all the HWs...love her show on Sirius on Andy's channel!

a gift: 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, AnnA said:

Anyone care to guess?

Bethenny has no friends this year except Lu and Sonja, so B will be very sympathetic for camera purposes.  

• Love 5

I suspect that Ramona will find it extremely difficult to conceal her glee, Sonja will be sort of matter-of-fact about it, "well there you go", or something like that, Carole will be comfortably smug.

Bethenny & Tinsley - can't predict.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

there's a few brands out there, i like this one:)

bra.jpg

I seriously think she's starting a Christmas sweater line...first the snowmies then the ho ho hos...

I like Bethany and even I was like Stop trying to make Christmas Sweaters happen. It’s not going to happen! What is her deal with the sweaters? I feel like there was another conversation or joke or something about it that didn’t make it on the show because Bethany is suddenly ALL ABOUT them.

• Love 6
(edited)

I didn't get into RHNY until around Season 5 (now obsessed lol), but I decided to go back and watch from the start.  

Season 1, Episode 1:  It's amazing how much stuff from that very first episode came true:

--Mario was flirting, and Ramona was upset

--Bethenny had a boyfriend named Jason (different Jason), with whom she wanted ONE child, which she says repeatedly.  That Jason had 3 kids from another marriage, so he wasn't ready for marriage yet, but she was ready.  In the next few episodes, she met his parents, and she said the only thing she cared about was having his parents like her, so that he'd marry her, so she could have her ONE child.

--Bethenny was a "healthy chef to famous people", and she donated a cooking lesson to her then-boyfriend Jason's charity event for his sister, who has neurofibromatosis.  She said she did it for the exposure, and to look like a good person in front of his parents and him, so he'd marry her and she could have her ONE child (which she kept repeating), and to build her brand (SkinnyGirl was introduced within a couple of episodes).  She said zero about helping the actual charity.

--Bethenny talked about how she didn't want to live on the UES with all the "wealth", that she envisioned herself in a really cool downtown loft.

--LuAnn was all Countess-this, Countess-that.  So annoying.

--Missy was there!  She's Ramona's friend, and she appeared in Episode 1!  (Missy dated Tom before, and I think after, LuAnn's ill-fated marriage).

It almost felt like Bethenny used that first season as her Vision Board, and everything came true:  She did have her ONE child, with Jason (different Jason), and launched her successful brand.  And, she now lives in downtown, in that really cool apartment, not on the UES.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, Sterling said:

The super-skinny thing seems to have come in later seasons; my guess is, once they saw themselves on t.v., they picked themselves apart.

Are they really perceived as super skinny?

Only Carole and Bethenny appear really thin to me.

The others just look like the average woman who likes to keep in shape.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

I like Bethany and even I was like Stop trying to make Christmas Sweaters happen. It’s not going to happen! What is her deal with the sweaters? I feel like there was another conversation or joke or something about it that didn’t make it on the show because Bethany is suddenly ALL ABOUT them.

Tipsy Elves got their start on Shark Tank selling ugly and tacky Christmas sweaters, which are still, inexplicably, a "thing".

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Are they really perceived as super skinny?

Only Carole and Bethenny appear really thin to me.

The others just look like the average woman who likes to keep in shape.

They are all notably thinner now than in that first episode.  Ramona was larger; she even wore a little skirt around her swimsuit bottom to cover up.  She's thinner now at 61 than she was at 51.

Jill Zarin had a little pooch; all the women on the show did.  To me, they looked like very healthy, normal 50-something women.  But these days, any "pooch" and they're called "fat".

Remember a few episodes, when Dorinda was called "fat"?  (by Sonja?)  And Sonja herself talked about how much "weight" she herself had gained over the summer.

Put these women in any friendship group in the U.S., and they're notably thinner than average 50-60 something women.

• Love 11
Just now, Sterling said:

Put these women in any friendship group in the U.S., and they're notably thinner than average 50-60 something women.

Yes, of course, but it still doesn't make them super skinny because most others are larger.

(edited)
1 hour ago, noveltylibrary said:

Have you heard Amy Phillips?  Hilarious, I think it's her best impression of all the HWs...love her show on Sirius on Andy's channel!

a gift: 

Edited by Giselle
I reposted below. Cursor jumps into quote and won't jump out for my response.

Of my gosh that's funny awful!

1 hour ago, noveltylibrary said:

a gift: 

• Love 3

FYI  you girls.  My daughter is going to see Countess Luann tonight doing her cabaret act.  I can't wait for her to tell me the scoop tomorrow.  So excited as she's my second favorite, after Bethenny.  Lol.

• Love 21
50 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I'm looking at the back clips and noticed the garter belt .. Hahaha I still have a black lace one in my drawer form the 60's.  Probably would only fit around my ankles now hahaha.  Those were the days where we wore black sheer stockings too.

I still have a garter belt.  Few actually. A original unworn Pucci girdle from the 60’s along with a dozen pairs of stockings. A few pair are even from the 50’s. Women’s torture garments never come back into style lol but I think that the stockings look good. I still wear hose when going out. Lazy and usually pantyhose. 

If you wear these, FYI, if you freeze them for 24 hours before wearing they last longer and don’t “run” as easily. 

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I still have a garter belt.  Few actually. A original unworn Pucci girdle from the 60’s along with a dozen pairs of stockings. A few pair are even from the 50’s. Women’s torture garments never come back into style lol but I think that the stockings look good. I still wear hose when going out. Lazy and usually pantyhose. 

If you wear these, FYI, if you freeze them for 24 hours before wearing they last longer and don’t “run” as easily. 

I loved the off black stockings with the high heels.  How about the "baby doll" sheer pajamas in all colors?  When I wanted my third child, I put on the baby blue baby doll pjs and Bingo .. Conceived, haha.  Husband loved them.  MY 2 daughters  wear t-shirts & sweatpants to bed.  WTF?   TMI?  Haha.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Sterling said:

It's deleted.  

The weight wasn't my point anyway.  It was merely an observation.

ALL the women were a bit more "weighty" in that first episode than they are now.  Whether the word is "skinny", or "extra weight", or whatever word we want to pick apart, the observation remains:  they all carried more "weight" than they do today.

Hey Sterling, Don't GO!

I think that you will find that most people are interested in hearing all perspectives. 

Some will agree, some will have opposing opinions, but everyone's ideas are welcome here.

Stay!

• Love 9