Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Holidazed and Confused

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Kyle would give the money to Bethenny because Bethenny is her friend, Ramona is not. Carole was Bethenny's friend, Stern is NOT, so in effect, Kyle did give the money to Ramona! LOL Had Carole given money to the RC's PR effort and not to Bstrong, Bethenny would have blasted that info from a loud speaker on the show, she is a score keeper after all. LOL

Bethenny has been friends with Beth Stern before Carole came along, heck before Bryn came along.  It is just a respect thing.  Carole doesn't have a charity-Beth and Bethenny do.  I am just pointing out that Carole should not be offended.  Bethenny supported Carole's efforts by texting her during the race.  I felt that Carole took the marathon way too seriously and was ungrateful for the support she was shown by those other than Tinsley. It is one thing to feel like you were unsupported and quite another to express it.  Suggesting people give up their day and go out on a rainy day was a bit much for me.  This was about Carole completing not competing.   

https://www.google.com/search?q=bethenny+frankel+beth+stern&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS759US759&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=VmOhCc9AFTwsFM%3A%2CSN89JsL4Rvfw9M%2C_&usg=__8N7KOj5sUvIrIBQwPbPQnwHJbds%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj-35q0pb3bAhWDmVkKHZlUCQgQ9QEIKTAA#imgrc=DJcTHaog1cFhaM:

Beth was even at the ill-fated Jill Stuart fashion show way back in Season 3. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny has been friends with Beth Stern before Carole came along, heck before Bryn came along.  It is just a respect thing.  Carole doesn't have a charity-Beth and Bethenny do.  I am just pointing out that Carole should not be offended.  Bethenny supported Carole's efforts by texting her during the race.  I felt that Carole took the marathon way too seriously and was ungrateful for the support she was shown by those other than Tinsley. It is one thing to feel like you were unsupported and quite another to express it.  Suggesting people give up their day and go out on a rainy day was a bit much for me.  This was about Carole completing not competing.   

https://www.google.com/search?q=bethenny+frankel+beth+stern&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS759US759&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=VmOhCc9AFTwsFM%3A%2CSN89JsL4Rvfw9M%2C_&usg=__8N7KOj5sUvIrIBQwPbPQnwHJbds%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj-35q0pb3bAhWDmVkKHZlUCQgQ9QEIKTAA#imgrc=DJcTHaog1cFhaM:

Beth was even at the ill-fated Jill Stuart fashion show way back in Season 3. 

Yes, Stern and Bethenny know each other but I believe that has Stern made it clear that she/Bethenny were not "friends". It's a respect thing, you support/donate to your friends charity drive and Bethenny was still claiming (at least on camera) that she/Carole were still close friends. I suspect that Bethenny was through with Carole as soon as Adam turned her down and that is why Bethenny didn't donate to Carole's charity run but Bethenny will never admit to that or that she holds Carole responsible for him not doing it. IMO, Bethenny sees it as Carole choosing Adam over her because Carole/Adam got back together after he turned B down! 

• Love 5

I listen to Howard Stern every day and on more than one occasion he has mentioned Bethenny as a friend of Beth's. He's a big Housewives (BH only) and Andy Cohen fan. He has also definitely mentioned Carole as a friend.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I listen to Howard Stern every day and on more than one occasion he has mentioned Bethenny as a friend of Beth's. He's a big Housewives (BH only) and Andy Cohen fan. He has also definitely mentioned Carole as a friend.

Yes he has.  

After Cookie died,  Bethenny adopted two puppies Beth Stern was fostering for North Shore Animal League.   People usually donate when they adopt so I'd bet Bethenny did as well.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

This was about Carole completing not competing.   

A marathon is for a purely personal goal/accomplishment. Going to PR 6 times is altruistic. Carole looks so petty and childish wanting a marathon party. She said Anthony was a hero for completing a marathon, does she think she's a hero? Sorry, Bethenny is the only one that comes close at this point. Going into danger zones as part of your job that you are being paid for to just report what you've seen is completely different than doing it for free because people need help. Carole is insufferably self important. 

• Love 15
(edited)

That's one thing I have to say about Luann and Bethenny.  The say it like it is .. No bullshit, just the truth.  Luann didn't hide her feelings, got married, got dumped practically by Tom cheating, and show her emotions.  She picked herself up and carried on.  Carole was telling herself and everybody they just were shacking up and made light of her romance or whatever you call it because she knew the end would eventually come to an end.  I think she loves Adam but won't admit it.  She's not truthful of her feelings.  God forbid she would admit she was hurting.   Bethenny is Bethenny.  Let's everything out no matter what and doesn't care what anyone thinks.  I like that about her.  This is just my opinion anyhow.  And, lots of people run the marathon and don't talk about it every minute.  Carole was so out of line to expect bells and whistles at Ramonas house.  Ramona did enough.  Carole needs a job or adopt a kid or something instead of living in the past on her journalism career that was umpteen years ago. That was then .. This is now.  Whatever. IMO.   Lost my thoughts, lousy grammar .. My I- pad was jumping around and I was going nuts trying to find my place.  Getting a new one when I get to the mall.  

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Adam crashed on Luann's niece's couch because Adam didn't have a place.  Adam was the user not Nicole.  Nicole was on Season 1 of RHNY and then the Bravo "Work of Art" where she finished pretty well. Luann is very close to Nicole and her father (Luann's brother the one who lives in Jupiter, FL).  After Adam appeared on RHONY, in Luann's kitchen, while he was dating Carole, Nicole traveled to help with Adam's now defunct charity.  Carole was in New York.  Luann's comments about Adam being an operator were heartfelt.  Luann always wanted to help Nicole, she is very proud of her.  

Adam asked for $60,000.00 to fund a counter top herb container.

The niece looks like Alannis Morrisette in this pic to me

6 hours ago, Ki-in said:

I don't think Carole is 5'7" despite what google says. I say she's 5'4" or 5'5" tops.

Adam was Carole's last desperate grab at youth which is why she clings to him so tightly. By dating a younger man it makes her seem sexy and desirable.   I think he does like her, to a certain extent, but he is also so obviously using her for a come up. Almost right from the start they began promoting things together (a friend's wine, his grow box, someone mentioned a cooking school?) and of course the never written cook book which began back in season 7. He gets tons of exposure on the show and IG and has benefited from going on multiple vacations around the world.  And Carole gets to be that "hot child in the city" she fancies herself perched across his handlebars. When was the last time they did that without cameras around?  It's kind of sad an pathetic for a woman with her life experiences and social standing to be hung up on someone who, to quote Allison DuBois, "will never emotionally fulfill her." She's mentioned him pretty much every episode since they met, has been nothing short of possessive and defensive to the extreme, and I think only now she's beginning to realize how foolish she looks chasing after some young guy who wants a family someday.

Thanks Ki-in!  I have this song in my head now!

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Yes he has.  

After Cookie died,  Bethenny adopted two puppies Beth Stern was fostering for North Shore Animal League.   People usually donate when they adopt so I'd bet Bethenny did as well.

Let me clarify my statement, Stern and Bethenny are "friendly" but they are not close friends, while Bethenny claimed Carole was her "close" friend, big difference IMO. Also, Bethenny adopted the pups, Biggie/Small, a couple of months before Cookie died. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

B. Stern/Bethenny are not close personal friends, they are friendly whereas Bethenny/Carole were supposedly close personal friends at the time this was filmed. 

• Love 2
(edited)

OK. I stand corrected on when Bethenny adopted the puppies.   

None of us could possibly know who Beth Stern considers a friend but her husband does so I'm going with Howard's statement that Beth and Bethenny are friends.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Stern and Bethenny know each other but I believe that has Stern made it clear that she/Bethenny were not "friends". It's a respect thing, you support/donate to your friends charity drive and Bethenny was still claiming (at least on camera) that she/Carole were still close friends. I suspect that Bethenny was through with Carole as soon as Adam turned her down and that is why Bethenny didn't donate to Carole's charity run but Bethenny will never admit to that or that she holds Carole responsible for him not doing it. IMO, Bethenny sees it as Carole choosing Adam over her because Carole/Adam got back together after he turned B down! 

I think we differ here, if Bethenny regularly donates to Beth's charity, she doesn't need to donate for every event.  I don't think Bethenny gave a rat's ass about Adam going to Houston.  Invitation extend, declined and Bethenny felt the reason was compensation.  Maybe Adam should have checked the dates before asking about compensation if the reason was a work conflict.  I can;t imagine Adam makes more than $1,500.00 a day-not big money, but the principle for Bethenny.  The trip did not fail or succeed on Adam going along.  It is no different than Bethenny declining the Red Cross party.  I doubt Luann is on a warpath over Bethenny's declining the party.  I believe it is borrowed trouble and Bethenny has said nothing of the sort regarding Carole should have made him.  Adam's declination may have led to Bethenny concluding Carole was not interested.  Didn't matter, Dorinda and Luann both expressed interest and Dorinda went to Puerto Rico.  The issue I believe is Dorinda made a giant ass out of herself and is trying to deflect attention to Bethenny and her acerbic personality.  None of these issue would have arisen had Dorinda not gone fishing around.  BTW Dorinda embellishes and twists stories adding to the conflict.

Bethenny is all business she doesn't have time for Carole and Adam's foolishness.  

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think we differ here, if Bethenny regularly donates to Beth's charity, she doesn't need to donate for every event.  I don't think Bethenny gave a rat's ass about Adam going to Houston.  Invitation extend, declined and Bethenny felt the reason was compensation.  Maybe Adam should have checked the dates before asking about compensation if the reason was a work conflict.  I can;t imagine Adam makes more than $1,500.00 a day-not big money, but the principle for Bethenny.  The trip did not fail or succeed on Adam going along.  It is no different than Bethenny declining the Red Cross party.  I doubt Luann is on a warpath over Bethenny's declining the party.  I believe it is borrowed trouble and Bethenny has said nothing of the sort regarding Carole should have made him.  Adam's declination may have led to Bethenny concluding Carole was not interested.  Didn't matter, Dorinda and Luann both expressed interest and Dorinda went to Puerto Rico.  The issue I believe is Dorinda made a giant ass out of herself and is trying to deflect attention to Bethenny and her acerbic personality.  None of these issue would have arisen had Dorinda not gone fishing around.  BTW Dorinda embellishes and twists stories adding to the conflict.

Bethenny is all business she doesn't have time for Carole and Adam's foolishness.  

Actually, Bethenny said things were "awkward" between her/Carole as a result of Adam turning her down, she said it to Dorinda on camera when they were talking about it, so it did affect the friendship on Bethenny's end (Carole was still clueless at that point). As for Bethenny's RC donation, she sent gift cards to the event that Luann was "hosting", she did nothing for Carole's fundraising event (run) which I find telling. Should Carole be upset, Maybe (that's up for debate), but she is entitled to her feelings just as Bethenny is hers. The problem is/was that Bethenny's feelings toward Carole had changed but instead of telling Carole, she took the cowards way out, she told a known gossip knowing it would get back to Carole. 

And we can blame Dorinda all we want but Bethenny certainly knows who/what Dorinda is, that she loves to stir the pot by retelling the others things said about them, so not all the blame lies on Dorinda, Bethenny is as much to blame as she is IMO. After all, you don't tell the town crier secrets unless you want everyone else to know them as well. LOL

• Love 5

Why is Carole so protective of Adam in the first place?  He's not her husband or fiancé.  He's just a drive by coffee contributer who goes out with other girls.  She is so fixated on him it's embarrassing.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Why is Carole so protective of Adam in the first place?  He's not her husband or fiancé.  He's just a drive by coffee contributer who goes out with other girls.  She is so fixated on him it's embarrassing.

I have no clue but she was like this with Russel as well even after they broke up. Carole is loyal to a fault, something Bethenny counted on IMO.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I think this forum has said more about Adam than Carole has, lol.

Very true, especially considering that very little has been said about him or by him other than good things until this season. My how the tides turn against someone! LOL

• Love 3
(edited)
57 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Actually, Bethenny said things were "awkward" between her/Carole as a result of Adam turning her down, she said it to Dorinda on camera when they were talking about it, so it did affect the friendship on Bethenny's end (Carole was still clueless at that point). As for Bethenny's RC donation, she sent gift cards to the event that Luann was "hosting", she did nothing for Carole's fundraising event (run) which I find telling. Should Carole be upset, Maybe (that's up for debate), but she is entitled to her feelings just as Bethenny is hers. The problem is/was that Bethenny's feelings toward Carole had changed but instead of telling Carole, she took the cowards way out, she told a known gossip knowing it would get back to Carole. 

And we can blame Dorinda all we want but Bethenny certainly knows who/what Dorinda is, that she loves to stir the pot by retelling the others things said about them, so not all the blame lies on Dorinda, Bethenny is as much to blame as she is IMO. After all, you don't tell the town crier secrets unless you want everyone else to know them as well. LOL

Bethenny is many things but a coward is NOT one of them.

IMO All this brouhaha is staged.  

It's production's way of giving Carole more screen time without putting us to sleep.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Bethenny is many things but a coward is NOT one of them.

IMO All this brouhaha is staged.  

It's production's way of giving Carole more screen time without putting us to sleep.

When it comes to telling Carole that she feels differently about their friendship, Yes, Bethenny was a coward IMO. She chose to tell the town crier instead of telling Carole herself and I have to wonder why? I disagree that their fight is "staged", it is real and IMO, Carole was hurt to learn about it second hand. I suspect that Bethenny tends to push people away before they will do it to her as a means of self preservation and also, IMO, she needs help to stop doing it before she finds herself all alone with only her distant fans/employees to keep her company. She burns through people faster than anyone else I have ever seen, be it in my personal life or on a reality show and I find that sad, very sad.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

When it comes to telling Carole that she feels differently about their friendship, Yes, Bethenny was a coward IMO. She chose to tell the town crier instead of telling Carole herself and I have to wonder why? I disagree that their fight is "staged", it is real and IMO, Carole was hurt to learn about it second hand. I suspect that Bethenny tends to push people away before they will do it to her as a means of self preservation and also, IMO, she needs help to stop doing it before she finds herself all alone with only her distant fans/employees to keep her company. She burns through people faster than anyone else I have ever seen, be it in my personal life or on a reality show and I find that sad, very sad.

IMO There is nothing cowardly about Bethenny Frankel.  

I know many fans don't think the show is staged but I do.   In fact I often think some scenes are scripted.   

Lets just agree to disagree. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I know many fans don't think the show is staged but I do.   In fact I often think some scenes are scripted.   

If people really think the show is "staged" with some scenes even "scripted" then why get upset at negative things other HWs say about/to Bethenny? Why get mad at Carole revealing that Bethenny called Luann a "loser", especially in light of the fact that Bethenny has said exactly that on camera herself? Or is the show only staged when negative things are said about a "favorite" HW, be it Bethenny, Carole, Luann or any HW? According to both past and present HWs, the HW shows are not staged nor scripted, even HWs long gone and no longer under Bravo's thumb any more. LOL

• Love 6
(edited)
30 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

If people really think the show is "staged" with some scenes even "scripted" then why get upset at negative things other HWs say about/to Bethenny? Why get mad at Carole revealing that Bethenny called Luann a "loser", especially in light of the fact that Bethenny has said exactly that on camera herself? Or is the show only staged when negative things are said about a "favorite" HW, be it Bethenny, Carole, Luann or any HW? According to both past and present HWs, the HW shows are not staged nor scripted, even HWs long gone and no longer under Bravo's thumb any more. LOL

I don't get upset when other HWs talk about Bethenny.   It might happen but so far it hss not.......check my posts and you'll see. 

ETA:   Regardless of what HWs long gone say, I believe the shows are staged and some scenes scripted.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I don't get upset when other HWs talk about Bethenny.   It might happen but so far it hss not.......check my posts and you'll see. 

ETA:   Regardless of what HWs long gone say, I believe the shows are staged and some scenes scripted.

So it was ok for Carole to reveal what Bethenny said about Luann or what Ramona said about Bethenny/Bryn/nude scene last year? Why get upset at anything any HW says/does or why support/like any 1 HW more than the others if it's staged/scripted? 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

So it was ok for Carole to reveal what Bethenny said about Luann or what Ramona said about Bethenny/Bryn/nude scene last year? Why get upset at anything any HW says/does or why support/like any 1 HW more than the others if it's staged/scripted? 

I enjoy Bethenny's smart ass personality........a lot!   That's why I support her. 

I didn't get mad at Carole for the LuAnn reveal or for Ramona's scene last year.   

• Love 3
13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny said the awkwardness occurred when she told Carole Adam was an operator.  Bethenny never said anything about Adam turning her down was the problem between she and Carole.  When Bethenny told Dorinda she clearly said Adam agreeing and then asking for compensation rubbed her the wrong way.  Never did Bethenny say anything like "Adam turning her down", it was obvious mutual-Adam wanted money, Bethenny wasn't paying any.  Carole was upset because Bethenny didn't ask permission to speak to Adam (or technically Bethenny's people).

We will never see eye to eye on the charity thing.  It was not Carole's charity, it was Carole's way of raising money for a charity Bethenny already contributes to.

Dorinda needs to take responsibility for her inability to recite things clearly and accurately.  She had Adam turning down cooking in Puerto Rico-any chance the stupid bitch ether doesn't listen or intentionally skews things?  Just as she exaggerated Sonja's comments.  Most of all they are on a reality show, there had been a clear showing of a rift between Carole and Bethenny.   From the scenes it is pretty evident there isn't much Dorinda can talk about without offending people.  Dorinda was the one who was so outraged at Adam's actions and then stuck her foot in her mouth by suggesting Carole would be appalled at Adam's actions. That is when Dorinda decided to tell Carole whatBethenny said-funny how Dorinda didn't tell Carole how she felt about Adam wanting compensation.  

Bethenny has been upfront that she stepped in it when she told Carole she thought Adam was an operator.  To me, it sounds like what Carole was trying to do, is keep the Adam the operator off the air, and yet still maintain her loyalty to Adam over Bethenny.  She obviously was offended by Bethenny's comment but capitulated Adam was an operator.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny said the awkwardness occurred when she told Carole Adam was an operator.  Bethenny never said anything about Adam turning her down was the problem between she and Carole.  When Bethenny told Dorinda she clearly said Adam agreeing and then asking for compensation rubbed her the wrong way.  Never did Bethenny say anything like "Adam turning her down", it was obvious mutual-Adam wanted money, Bethenny wasn't paying any.  Carole was upset because Bethenny didn't ask permission to speak to Adam (or technically Bethenny's people).

We will never see eye to eye on the charity thing.  It was not Carole's charity, it was Carole's way of raising money for a charity Bethenny already contributes to.

Dorinda needs to take responsibility for her inability to recite things clearly and accurately.  She had Adam turning down cooking in Puerto Rico-any chance the stupid bitch ether doesn't listen or intentionally skews things?  Just as she exaggerated Sonja's comments.  Most of all they are on a reality show, there had been a clear showing of a rift between Carole and Bethenny.   From the scenes it is pretty evident there isn't much Dorinda can talk about without offending people.  Dorinda was the one who was so outraged at Adam's actions and then stuck her foot in her mouth by suggesting Carole would be appalled at Adam's actions. That is when Dorinda decided to tell Carole whatBethenny said-funny how Dorinda didn't tell Carole how she felt about Adam wanting compensation.  

Bethenny has been upfront that she stepped in it when she told Carole she thought Adam was an operator.  To me, it sounds like what Carole was trying to do, is keep the Adam the operator off the air, and yet still maintain her loyalty to Adam over Bethenny.  She obviously was offended by Bethenny's comment but capitulated Adam was an operator.

Bethenny saying things were 'awkward" was when she told Dorinda about him wanting compensation (for losing pay)/operator, it was 1 conversation, not 2. 

Yes, Dorinda mixes up/twists/adds to when she retells a story and Bethenny is well aware of that. IMO, Bethenny told Dorinda knowing it would get back to Carole. At that point, Carole thought things were fine between her/Bethenny, she had no clue that Bethenny didn't feel the same way about their friendship. Bethenny chose the messenger. 

• Love 2
On 6/5/2018 at 12:24 AM, WireWrap said:

From what Carole said, Adam told her about Huston, Bethenny never did despite what she claims and I believe Carole. Carole also said that it didn't bother her that Bethenny asked/requested him and chose to stay out of it but became angry after she heard what Bethenny said to Dorinda about him, the "operator" comment. She, Carole, wasn't upset at Bethenny until after Dorinda told her about it and that's when she called Bethenny out at Dorinda's Berkshire's house. 

As for Carole's charity run/work, why would Bethenny give it to Stern when it was Carole that ran the race? Does Bethenny recognize money given to the RC for PR the same as money given to Bstrong? I don't think so! LOL

I do agree that Carole should dial it back and save some of it for the reunion but Bethenny had best beware, Carole knows enough and is able to go toe to toe with Bethenny without backing down.

Earlier in the week, someone asked on Twitter why Carole's blog for this episode wasn't up yet. She said that they (I suppose TPTB) kept kicking it back to her to edit because she was revealing too much behind-the-scenes stuff as explanation for what watchers saw on air. If that's any indication, I feel like the reunion will be fireworks when it comes to Carole and Bethenny.

18 hours ago, Ki-in said:

A marathon is for a purely personal goal/accomplishment. Going to PR 6 times is altruistic. Carole looks so petty and childish wanting a marathon party. She said Anthony was a hero for completing a marathon, does she think she's a hero? Sorry, Bethenny is the only one that comes close at this point. Going into danger zones as part of your job that you are being paid for to just report what you've seen is completely different than doing it for free because people need help. Carole is insufferably self important. 

Oh goodness. Going into danger zones is dangerous, period. Needing to make light of Carole's work just because she's Carole as a means of uplifting Bethenny is a lot. There are journalists and producers and TV crew who have gone into war zones and other assorted danger zones and lost their lives in the process. There's no need to diminish that work because it's paid...or because it's what Carole used to do. 

14 hours ago, AnnA said:

Someone in one of the previous threads explained quite well what it means to "script" a reality show. These women aren't sitting around doing table reads of scripts provided by TV writers before filming the show. It's not that type of scripted. It's "scripted" in that the producers know that they want HW X and HW Y to get together on a particular filming day to discuss whatever the current drama is; or that they may ask them to repeat something they've just said because sound didn't catch it; or they'll ask HW Q to re-enter an establishment because they need a different shot for the moment. That's it.

• Love 9

I think this show is both scripted and real. Real because of what we read in the papers, and fake when they get out of hand and start flipping tables, screaming in restaurants, falling down in bushes. BTW, I am the ghost. See the line going thru?  WTF?   

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

So a ring or a piece of paper are prerequisites to care about somebody? My OH and I have known each other for 20  years, been together for 8, and lived together for 5 1/2 - yet we're not engaged or married.  Should I not be protective of him; should he not be protective of me?  

I'm certainly protective of my friends, neither of which I'm engaged or married to.  

Whether or not Carole and Adam are boyfriend/girlfriend atm, they clearly had a loving relationship at one point and consider each other close friends.  

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I think this show is both scripted and real. Real because of what we read in the papers, and fake when they get out of hand and start flipping tables, screaming in restaurants, falling down in bushes. BTW, I am the ghost. See the line going thru?  WTF?   

Your cursor landed on the strikethrough icon above left (to the right of the Italics I symbol)

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Your cursor landed on the strikethrough icon above left (to the right of the Italics I symbol)

And where is that?  You know me, don't have a clue.

o a ring or a piece of paper are prerequisites to care about somebody? My OH and I have known each other for 20  years, been together for 8, and lived together for 5 1/2 - yet we're not engaged or married.  Should I not be protective of him; should he not be protective of me?  

Carole very pointedly insisted that she was not into Adam in a relationship way. She insisted and insisted they were "just shacking up", that he is the guy she calls when she wants sex, that her relationship with him is very casual and having sex with him is the equivalent of going for a cup of coffee.

She's been the one insisting she is in a casual not committed no big deal and "No I don't want him living in my apartment" relationship. And now she is the protective she-lion screaming in rage over the slights towards HER MAN? Her man who she's not dating anymore, at least during the beginning of this childish argument? 

Carole has very consistently sent the message she doesn't consider Adam more than her two or three times a week casual fuck and no one is to imply she is somehow in a committed relationship with him... but now she's insulted and offended that people are treating her casual fuck like her casual fuck who she isn't even dating?

• Love 8
(edited)

Only beginning in season 9 did Carole try to play it cool with her shacking up bull.  Before then it was "we're nesting!" She even did an article where she jokes about getting engaged to Adam (a bit of wishful thinking) before backtracking and per the article But the widow isn’t opposed to walking down the aisle again, as she added, “Never say never!”

She's been defensive and possessive over the relationship since the beginning (probably because she knows that Adam spun her a line of bullshit regarding the status of the relationship with the niece just like now with Carole). If it was so casual then she wouldn't have flipped out over him meeting someone else. Or Ramona in season 7 just casually saying she and Adam were screwing. Carole flipped out and said "don't call it that!!!" when Carole had wanted a freaking screwing imoji to announce to the world that was what they were doing. She's nuts where this guy is concerned and it's a bit disturbing for a mature woman to behave like she does over a man young enough to be her son.

She's in love with him and even in her articles talking about the breakup this season she still holds out hope "... but we might come back together, who knows?”

ETA: The way she completely changed her chic clothing style in season 8 to someone who looks like they dumpster dived, and her descent into (horrible) plastic surgery and fillers (as opposed to what Lu , Sonja and Ramona are doing ) shows a woman trying to keep up with her younger man. Let's not even talk about the ridiculous bike rides on his handlebars. 

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

And where is that?  You know me, don't have a clue.

thanks so much.  Three adult kids, 6 grandchildren and nobody helps me.   Have to learn as I go, and with help with you fine people.  Xo, Lisin and everyone else.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny saying things were 'awkward" was when she told Dorinda about him wanting compensation (for losing pay)/operator, it was 1 conversation, not 2. 

Yes, Dorinda mixes up/twists/adds to when she retells a story and Bethenny is well aware of that. IMO, Bethenny told Dorinda knowing it would get back to Carole. At that point, Carole thought things were fine between her/Bethenny, she had no clue that Bethenny didn't feel the same way about their friendship. Bethenny chose the messenger. 

It was one conversation I never said it was two.  Bethenny was clear Adam wanting compensation rubbed her the wrong way.  Telling Carole, Adam was an operator, which was part of the same conversation with Dorinda, Bethenny believed was part of the problem between the two.  They are on a reality show being filmed of course the conversation would get out-but it isn't a game of telephone.  Part of the problem with Carole and Bethenny trying to get down to the issue is first they have to wade through the factual inaccuracies.  Carole asked Bethenny if she is mad at her and Bethenny says no and it becomes about Bethenny being a liar.  It is called indifference.  I don't think Bethenny wanted there to be a rift and I believe Carole is desperate for a story line.  Being Tinsley's fairy godmother isn't exactly titillating and isn't working.

• Love 2

I just think Carole wants it both ways. She doesn't want to be the woman in her fifties chasing after a guy half her age because she's well aware of the stigma associated with that. So she insists she's not and no one is to judge her for picking a guy half her age who is pretty obviously not as wealthy and who is likely using her for connections and expenses. No no no, it's casual. 

At the same time, everyone has to treat her boy toy with the respect they would treat her husband because this is serious!

And when she acts like a teenager, desperately defending her very serious boyfriend who actually is no longer dating her, of course no one should point out she's acting like a lovesick spurned 13 year old who is desperate to keep her boyfriend sweet and get him back n love with her.

IIf she's desperately in love to where she wants him to be treated like her husband, then she needs to commit. She needs to own it and accept the criticism that come from a 54 year old relatively rich woman dating and committing to a relationship with a 30 year old guy who doesn't appear to be financially successful.  Carole doesn't want to be a "Sonja" which I get but she's intentionally muddied the waters so she doesn't get to complain when people treat the guy she calls her casual coffee fuck like a casual coffee fuck and not her committed partner.

Personally I think Adam is taking her for a ride. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Carole very pointedly insisted that she was not into Adam in a relationship way. She insisted and insisted they were "just shacking up", that he is the guy she calls when she wants sex, that her relationship with him is very casual and having sex with him is the equivalent of going for a cup of coffee.

She's been the one insisting she is in a casual not committed no big deal and "No I don't want him living in my apartment" relationship. And now she is the protective she-lion screaming in rage over the slights towards HER MAN? Her man who she's not dating anymore, at least during the beginning of this childish argument? 

Carole has very consistently sent the message she doesn't consider Adam more than her two or three times a week casual fuck and no one is to imply she is somehow in a committed relationship with him... but now she's insulted and offended that people are treating her casual fuck like her casual fuck who she isn't even dating?

Well, I guess I couldn't have said it better.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

Only beginning in season 9 did Carole try to play it cool with her shacking up bull.  Before then it was "we're nesting!" She even did an article where she jokes about getting engaged to Adam (a bit of wishful thinking) before backtracking and per the article But the widow isn’t opposed to walking down the aisle again, as she added, “Never say never!”

She's been defensive and possessive over the relationship since the beginning (probably because she knows that Adam spun her a line of bullshit regarding the status of the relationship with the niece just like now with Carole). If it was so casual then she wouldn't have flipped out over him meeting someone else. Or Ramona in season 7 just casually saying she and Adam were screwing. Carole flipped out and said "don't call it that!!!" when Carole had wanted a freaking screwing imoji to announce to the world that was what they were doing. She's nuts where this guy is concerned and it's a bit disturbing for a mature woman to behave like she does over a man young enough to be her son.

She's in love with him and even in her articles talking about the breakup this season she still holds out hope "... but we might come back together, who knows?”

ETA: The way she completely changed her chic clothing style in season 8 to someone who looks like they dumpster dived, and her descent into (horrible) plastic surgery and fillers (as opposed to what Lu , Sonja and Ramona are doing ) shows a woman trying to keep up with her younger man. Let's not even talk about the ridiculous bike rides on his handlebars. 

I am curious why Carole feels she should not remarry.  Why date?  Why fall in love?  Why lead someone on?  Jackie Kennedy remarried after being widowed.  I think Carole cloaks herself in widowhood because she revels in the victim role.   The idea of being a forever widow is usually that one doesn't date or have an intimate relationship with someone.  Carole seems to have enjoyed the company of men on several occasions.  I find her odd and she entitled and Dorinda is to ruminate of their deceased husbands but they have moved on and dated other men.

• Love 2

According to both past and present HWs, the HW shows are not staged nor scripted, even HWs long gone and no longer under Bravo's thumb any more. LOL

Yet there are SO MANY similar storylines.  Just a coincidence, eh?  

Well, I guess I couldn't have said it better.

Heh, thanks. This is one of those things where as much as it was delightful to see Carole smack Bethenny, the reality is that Carole is upset over a guy she has been publically hot and cold over. I get not wanting to be the older women with money dating the hot young guy who has literally been paid to look pretty but if she's been publically unwilling to own she loves Adam and considers him her partner then why does she have the right to be so angry that people don't treat him like Mr. Carole Radzswill? *She* says she keeps him around for casual fucking, not because she loves him, and adores him, and wants to be with him always.

• Love 2

I am curious why Carole feels she should not remarry.  Why date?  Why fall in love?  Why lead someone on?  Jackie Kennedy remarried after being widowed.  I think Carole cloaks herself in widowhood because she revels in the victim role.   The idea of being a forever widow is usually that one doesn't date or have an intimate relationship with someone.

In Carole's case, she was a caregiver for a dying husband.  I know several mature women who refuse to marry again.  As the woman who is my uncle's partner told me, "I went through my husband's long and agonizing battle with cancer.  I just don't want to have the legal responsibility of making medical decisions for another spouse again.  I just don't have it in me."   My cousins know that, should my uncle need medical decisions/nursing home etc. they will make the decisions.  

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Same.

I'm not sure there will be fireworks at the reunion with Carole and Bethenny. While Carole seems to be completely obsessed with this whole thing, Bethenny's mind seems to be otherwise-occupied. But, who knows. If pinged with the right thing, B could explode. I suspect Carole is really hoping for it.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I am curious why Carole feels she should not remarry.  Why date?  Why fall in love?  Why lead someone on?  Jackie Kennedy remarried after being widowed.  I think Carole cloaks herself in widowhood because she revels in the victim role.   The idea of being a forever widow is usually that one doesn't date or have an intimate relationship with someone.  Carole seems to have enjoyed the company of men on several occasions.  I find her odd and she entitled and Dorinda is to ruminate of their deceased husbands but they have moved on and dated other men.

Maybe nobody asked her.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It was one conversation I never said it was two.  Bethenny was clear Adam wanting compensation rubbed her the wrong way.  Telling Carole, Adam was an operator, which was part of the same conversation with Dorinda, Bethenny believed was part of the problem between the two.  They are on a reality show being filmed of course the conversation would get out-but it isn't a game of telephone.  Part of the problem with Carole and Bethenny trying to get down to the issue is first they have to wade through the factual inaccuracies.  Carole asked Bethenny if she is mad at her and Bethenny says no and it becomes about Bethenny being a liar.  It is called indifference.  I don't think Bethenny wanted there to be a rift and I believe Carole is desperate for a story line.  Being Tinsley's fairy godmother isn't exactly titillating and isn't working.

Carole also asked Bethenny if anything was wrong when she asked if is she was mad, Bethenny said no to both instead of telling Carole that things had changed and not for the better. Bethenny is not stupid,, she knew telling Dorinda would cause problems with Carole, so I don't think she was/is indifferent at all, she is playing a game. 

41 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Yet there are SO MANY similar storylines.  Just a coincidence, eh?  

No, life repeats itself no matter where you live. Production does "stage" things by having the women meet up for lunch/dinner/drinks, arrange/pay for the big trips but they have to in order to get releases signed by establishments and anyone extra that appears on camera. What production doesn't do is tell the women what to say, how to say it or give the HWs a "script" to learn/repeat. So, production helps provide the location (but not always as a HW can recommend a place as well) but they don't tell the women what to say/do. The HW shows are "docusoaps", a combination of a documentary and a soap opera. They throw 6 -7 women that don't all get along in tight quarters and wait for the fire works to begin! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Yes, we all saw her on his handlebars ;-D

I also think she revels in her widowhood status (going on 20 years now). Widow's Guide anyone? Lots of women nurse husbands through long, terminal illnesses and still remarry.  Carol and Dorinda acting like it's the ultimate grief annoy me. It's not, ask any mother who has lost her child. It's something so unthinkable we don't even have a word for it.

I don't think Bethenny calling Adam and operator came out of nowhere, I think it was accumulation of things we didn't see on screen that finally boiled over. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Ki-in said:

Carol and Dorinda acting like it's the ultimate grief annoy me.

In fairness, for many it is the ultimate grief ... the worst pain they will ever experience.  Doesn't mean they are incapable of being in any other relationships.  Grief is as unique as a fingerprint imo.

• Love 9

Finally, Dorinda said what I've been saying and thinking all along - why does everyone put up with the nasty shit Bethenny says to them? Is it just because it's expected and they've gotten used to her? They wouldn't put up with it from anyone else. She starts arguments and insults people with the ease that most of us breathe. 

How nasty of her to say Ramona's mention of her skincare line was an infomercial, when Bethenny's time on the show is 1 giant infomercial, as far as I'm concerned. I am so glad Ramona put her in her place. This bitch needs to be checked and I think the only way it's gonna happen is if she feels ganged up on or iced out by most of the other women she's stuck working with. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Someone in one of the previous threads explained quite well what it means to "script" a reality show. These women aren't sitting around doing table reads of scripts provided by TV writers before filming the show. It's not that type of scripted. It's "scripted" in that the producers know that they want HW X and HW Y to get together on a particular filming day to discuss whatever the current drama is; or that they may ask them to repeat something they've just said because sound didn't catch it; or they'll ask HW Q to re-enter an establishment because they need a different shot for the moment. That's it.

I don't think the HWs are given actual scripts to study either.   However,  I do believe the HWs are given a heads up and time to prepare for some scenes.   A good example would be Ramona on the phone with Bethenny last week.   I'll never believe she rattled all that off without any preparation.

• Love 7