Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Hilton Head-Ache 2018.05.31

• Start Topic

On 6/1/2018 at 5:32 PM, sasha206 said:

Agreed.  He is just an awful human being.  The way he yelled at Chelsea, the way he laughed when Ashley was going off, I believe the women on his sexual assault allegations.

How he went after people at his dinner party, too. He truly is a disgusting person. What women see in him .... Not enough Ravenel money for that. I would rather do Whitney and that speaks volumes because yuck. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Her parents have been on. Her mom is apparently sick and the custody order stated that her dad could not be left alone with the kids when she was living with them.

Not sure why what you quoted was attributed to me, dumb boards.  Anyway, a flashback of her family being on the show was shown either this episode or the last, whichever one her grandma died in (I watched a few this week because I fell behind, so it's all blended together)

4 hours ago, slowpoked said:

She has a thigh gap! THIGH GAP!!! That’s a surefire sign of a health/eating disorder. I hope she gets help.

I don't think it's always a case of a disorder, sometimes it's just the way people are built.  In this case though, something is obviously up with Ashley.

4 hours ago, ihartcoffee said:

I forgot he's got charges against him.  Can't say I'm surprised.   I really hope he ends up losing primary custody.  And the show.  He's a smug creepy asshole.  

Have charges actually been filed or is it still just allegations?  I don't keep up to the minute on T-Rav.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sterling said:

So here is the Tamara Tattles story about Thomas.  Says Bravo has fired him, but they have not yet made a decision about the Reunion show.

He is now being accused of sexual assault by 3 women:  1 is the nanny, 1 was a Tinder date, and 1 other:

http://tamaratattles.com/2018/06/01/this-will-be-thomas-ravenels-last-season-on-southern-charm/

Wonder what'll happen to Ashley?  She's too drama-juicy for Bravo to give up.  Will she stand by her man?  We shall see.

Thank you for posting,  love this site,  you are all so resourceful.  

I'd love to see him go down,  hard.  

• Love 2
On 6/1/2018 at 8:23 PM, Gem 10 said:

The tweet from Patricia.  Is it true that her and Whitney are through with TRav & Ashley?

Well...it will be until they find out whether he will be charged with and go to jail for sexual assault.  If he goes, they will be through.  If he is acquitted or not tried, they will be friends again.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, njbchlover said:

Well...it will be until they find out whether he will be charged with and go to jail for sexual assault.  If he goes, they will be through.  If he is acquitted or not tried, they will be friends again.

It actually happened before all of these allegations became public. 

5 hours ago, zenme said:

I don't think "most" look down on Chelsea's job choice. It's good, honest work.  Although, for someone who does hair for a living, her hair is "meh."

Maybe not here, but I quite remember the uproar on the “fight” between Shep and Austen being “just” over a hairstylist last season.

I don't think it's always a case of a disorder, sometimes it's just the way people are built.  In this case though, something is obviously up with Ashley.

Maybe not a disorder, but a thigh gap is certainly not a natural built, and that’s why I think there’s something wrong with Ashley, and it’s not just with losing weight.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/news/a18504/stop-thigh-gap/

• Love 3

I am tall and thin and I am proud of my non-thigh gap.  Yeah to biking!  But Ashley seems to have a problem; I'm not a physician but something isn't right with her.  Mentally or physically.

I'm on a shaky trust relationship with Katherine and I hope she really makes it.  I'm liking Patricia for ending things with TRav.  I'm on a mac and I have no idea what I hit to make all of this italics.  

• Love 8

So glad they are firing Trav if it's true.  Bough I doubt this means Ashley's a goner too, she will probably latch on to Shep to stay on the show.

OMG does TRav have the ugliest feet I've ever seen.  Long and bony like his face.

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:56 PM, Carolina Girl said:

And from what I've read, she's in many ways persona non grata in DC - something to do with "approriating" one of her husband's family's heirlooms and refusing to return them.  Oh, and claiming his kinship with Robert E. Lee as her own.  I find her very off-putting.  The baby shower clinched it "well, since I'm giving it, I think I should be the one deciding who comes..."  What real Southern woman with manners does that?  It's the MOTHER of the baby who decides.  Unless it's a surprise, the first thing you do is ask the mother-to-be who should be asked. 

She just didn't want Kathryn, which shows how petty she really is.  

I thought this was weird too!  The first thing anyone hosting a shower does is ask the guest of honor for a guest list!  It's so rude to blatantly refuse to invite someone the guest of honor wants to have there!  So much for etiquette. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The article is dated June 26, 2017.

Oh shoot! Never noticed the date of the article. I was so excited for the story I didn' look at the date.

My apologies

• Love 6
On 6/1/2018 at 11:34 AM, MatildaMoody said:

It's no secret that I despise Thomas. So, I have a bit of a conspiracy theory regarding this whole Thomas/Ashley Kathryn plot point:

I think Thomas was using Ashley to try to provoke a reaction from Kathryn so that he could use the video in court. I think the ranting Ashley did about Kathryn's parenting came directly from Thomas - which is probably why he never tried to shut here down. Because if he had tried, Ashley could say something like, "but that's what you told me" and Thomas didn't want that to happen. My theory is that Thomas was aware that Kathryn was successfully completing the court appointed parenting plan at the time of filming. He also knew that the season would be airing when the completion date was met. Once Kathryn successfully completes the plan, which apparently happened this week, she can go back to court to have them revisit the custody issue. 

So, I think that Thomas auditioned for a girlfriend that he could then pit against Kathryn in the hopes of provoking her into making an ass of herself on television and when the first one fell through, he settled on Ashley. I also think he will keep Ashley around for as long as she is useful to him when it comes to provoking the other women in his life, and while he works through the sexual assault allegations. 

The beauty of this theory is, that if it is true, his plan seems to be backfiring on him. First, Kathryn has successfully completed the plan, including passing all of the drug tests that Thomas was able to randomly demand, and will be going back to court to revisit their custody agreement soon. Second, this season has been a Thomas/Ashley shit show and is only reinforcing what horrible man he is. Third, the sexual assault allegations are really hurting his reputation -w which I honestly didn't think could get any worse.

Anyway, that's my conspiracy theory based on nothing more than the internet and my disdain for Thomas. 

Yes, Yes, YES!!!!!  I subscribe to your theory because that's what I thought myself when watching this season. He has constantly insisted on how much he detest being part of this show and yet he came back this season. Why? In order to use this season to capture Kathryn losing it on camera to better his position in the courts. And even if not on camera, to try and trigger Kathryn out of her sobriety any way he can.  

He actually thought all of his nauseating PDA moments with Ashley would set Kathryn off but she just keeps staying cool, which I love! He uses Ashely any way can to try and provoke a reaction from Kathryn. When Ashley wasn't able to do it passively aggressively at that lunch, she flipped the switch and is now trying the all out "bunny boiling psychotic" approach.

On a different note, how many people think "painting toe nails" is actually Trashley's code word for doing line of coke. Re-watch the scene with that word replacement made and it sheds a whole new light on both of their behaviors on the trip.

• Love 15

It was such a good episode.  The back and forth between these people is often delightful.  

Thomas was so obvious and K just laughed at him.  “What’s that for, mood lighting?” Ha!

The double entendre when Ash exited after frenching Thomas and asking him upstairs, Whitney: “You got your hands full there,” Thomas taking a compliment to his virility and W going on to talk about A’s bad behavior.

I think Shep DID intervene when T lost it.  Almost everyone reacted to his STFU and Shep convinced him to apologize.  What more was needed?

Did you ever READ Gatsby, Shep?  Jordan Baker is a despicable liar who cheats at golf.

Loving the season.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, zenme said:

I don't think "most" look down on Chelsea's job choice. It's good, honest work.  Although, for someone who does hair for a living, her hair is "meh."

Most hairdressers I worked with also have meh hair.  I don't know why!  I do like her hair and I think it fits her lifestyle which seems pretty casual and sporty.  But its nothing fancy.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

So glad they are firing Trav if it's true.  Bough I doubt this means Ashley's a goner too, she will probably latch on to Shep to stay on the show.

OMG does TRav have the ugliest feet I've ever seen.  Long and bony like his face.

TRav also is not facially good looking either!  I have been wondering about his teeth.  Are those his or did he buy them?  

While Shep is a goof who would not be a good partner at this time in his life, I am always struck by how nice and polite he seems to people.  I was stunned at this thoughts about Ashley and that he articulated them on screen. 

I watched this again last night and Ashley really is not mentally stable and TRav's irritation and annoyance was palpable.  She reminded me further of the sociopath who was in my dads life (and later another old man victim).  She was an outward bitch and bossy like Ashley was with others at that house and did her best to push people out of my dads life like Ashley is doing.  If TRav stays with her a long time (and maybe he has dumped her, she will not go quietly) his friends will be less inclined to hang with him because crazy will tag along.  Alienation is a huge thing for sociopaths.  I truly think Ashley is certifiable and as a hospice nurse who will have possibly rich dying patients I think this is potentially dangerous.  It is not uncommon for those caring for the elderly and frail to prey on these patients.  I see Ashley as capable of this.  There is no snark on my thoughts on her.

• Love 9

I just watched this show today. What the hell is wrong with Ashley? The way she talked to Kathryn at the restaurant, even after all of the other girls told her to stop it, showed me one of two things: She’s really a psychotic bitch or she’s really trying hard to secure a place on this show with or without Thomas. I think Thomas is embarrassed by her but doesn’t have the balls to shut her up. While delightful to watch, I’d have to duct tape that hateful bitch’s mouth. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, lezlers said:

I thought this was weird too!  The first thing anyone hosting a shower does is ask the guest of honor for a guest list!  It's so rude to blatantly refuse to invite someone the guest of honor wants to have there!  So much for etiquette. 

So much for Bravo scripting.

• Love 2

I agree that Thomas watches Kathryn to see her reaction to his interactions with Ashley. I just wonder how HE would be reacting if it were Kathryn with an attractive 20-something guy who seemed way into her (and let's say was sober and stable), and was into being a stepdad to the kids. Thomas likely would try every possible legal route to de-rail the relationship, and some not so legal.

• Love 21
(edited)
8 hours ago, lezlers said:

Finally, Kathyrn IS concentrating on getting custody back.  She's followed her custody plan to the letter (despite Thomas breaking the rules himself) and has stayed clean.  I'm not sure what else you're expecting her to do.   

Since you quoted my post, I'll explain.  I think Kathryn should get herself and her kids off reality TV, stay sober and get full custody of her kids.  Too many times reality TV and sobriety don't go together.

As for Thomas and sexual assault; I'm sure those three women aren't the only ones, nor are they his first victims.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7

I really can’t believe that these people drink this much. I realize that this is part of the “reality” show genre but holy moly, they really over do it. And no one was more drunk than Thomas when they were coming back on the ferry. He was totally out of control. That’s not a good look for a man trying to keep custody of his children. I do love to drink wine but we never get that wasted and we’re not even on a TV show!

• Love 7
(edited)
10 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Since you quoted my post, I'll explain.  I think Kathryn should get herself and her kids off reality TV, stay sober and get full custody of her kids.  Too many times reality TV and sobriety don't go together.

As for Thomas and sexual assault; I'm sure those three women aren't the only ones, nor are they his first victims.

The dilemma is, if Kathryn gave up the show, how else could she bring in such a big paycheck? Not just for the show, she's an "influencer" and is paid to promote products on Twitter and other social media. I wish she would use her income to go back to school and finish her degree. Apparently she was only a semester or two away from graduation. 

Kathryn seemed to be enjoying herself on the fishing outing. I feel like when she was younger she did not develop her interests enough, as in, she was all about partying and being seen in bars so didn't spend time finding fun, sober activities she could do with friends. 

Edited by RedHawk
Added comments relevant to the episode
  • Love 6

This cracked me up and also attested to how hammered Tommy Boy was.  This conversation took place on the veranda between Danni and Tommy Boy after the Ass Attack (paraphrased):

Danni: Thomas - do you think Assley thinks I'm really an enabler?"

TR: "What neighborhood?"

Stay classy!!!

• Love 5
On 6/2/2018 at 1:06 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

As kind of an aside, I can't imagine how Kathryn remained more or less composed...not only the level of vitriol coming at her, but surrounded by alcohol and watching her abomination of an ex completely wasted and screaming at women. The amount of triggers in that scene was insane. It's good that she has to get tested for drugs and alcohol regularly. It'd be real nice if he had to get randomly tested for drugs and alcohol too.

I agree. I do not think it is a healthy environment for Kathryn. I hope she has a support network of recovery friends who are sober. It is not healthy for her to be around so much drinking. IMO it would be better for her not to be on this show, although I expect she needs the income. I also don't understand how Thomas can be absolutely wasted (often), loud, abusive and scary and still have full custody of the kids. I mean... how often is the guy actually sober? 

• Love 8
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:56 PM, mjstrick said:

Just finished viewing number 2 and caught something I missed last night.  So, Ashley sat there making catty comments and bitching about having to wait for the dinner that she neither caught, nor bought (HAHA), nor cooked.  She is just something else.

Considering her drastic weight loss, maybe she is still waiting for that dinner.

8 hours ago, Jextella said:

So awesome.  How do evil people end up in "helping" professions?!

Oh...you'd be surprised. There are those who like power and control over the vulnerable. It's sick but it happens more than you would think.

• Love 4
On 6/1/2018 at 4:12 PM, Gem 10 said:

Yes, but he knows so many judges and influential people treat I don't know if Katherine would get a fair shake, and then there's TRavs Father who knows people in high places.  (Damn I. Pad) mistakes.

Hmmm....I don't want to alarm anyone unnecessarily, but Tom-Ass should remember that Dan Broderick as a past President of the San Diego Bar Association was perceived by his ex-wife Betty as sabotaging her ability to get a fair shake from the courts in their divorce and for her securing high-end skilled divorce counsel.  And we all remember how THAT ended.  

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Hmmm....I don't want to alarm anyone unnecessarily, but Tom-Ass should remember that Dan Broderick as a past President of the San Diego Bar Association was perceived by his ex-wife Betty as sabotaging her ability to get a fair shake from the courts in their divorce and for her securing high-end skilled divorce counsel.  And we all remember how THAT ended.  

OH yeah .. Scary.  That's why Katherine has to remain medicated until she's through with that jerk IF SHE CAN.

• Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, lezlers said:

If some woman that had been dating my children's father for a couple of months verbally attacked me the way Ashley attacked Katheryn, she wouldn't be within 100 yards of my kid's bday party.  Her being expected to actually invite her after that verbal assault is ludicrous. 

I never said she should invite her.  In my post I  was simply pointing out that I didn't buy the excuse that Kathryn used to not invite her from the beginning.  She had no intention on inviting her. As I said in my post she's around them all the time to film. She isnt that uncomfortable around them or she would  not be around them. The children are also around Ashley.  So, they are used to her, It would not make them uncomfortable to have her there. A parent can invite and not invite whoever they want. Ashley is a crazy woman and I'd never spend time with a person like her. And after the  complete crazy meltdown I'd make sure  she was not around my children.  

This is a tv show and I was pointing out the storyline,  that I thought was wonky.  

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, Neurochick said:

So basically there's nothing she can do so long as she's on the show that will result in you giving her any credit.  I don't really think it's fair to villainize a cast member for simply being a cast member.  As someone else pointed out, she needs the show for income right now.  How can she have full custody of the kids if she's got no way to actually raise them?  I wouldn't trust TRav to actually give her adequate support, especially now that he might be going into the clink.  In my opinion, her staying on the show will actually be helpful to her custody case, especially this past episode.  She's shown she can remain calm and controlled in the face of clear verbal and emotional abuse.  She's also redeemed herself with the general public.  I haven't seen a turnaround like this since Camille Grammar. 

1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I never said she should invite her.  In my post I  was simply pointing out that I didn't buy the excuse that Kathryn used to not invite her from the beginning.  She had no intention on inviting her. As I said in my post she's around them all the time to film. She isnt that uncomfortable around them or she would  not be around them. The children are also around Ashley.  So, they are used to her, It would not make them uncomfortable to have her there. A parent can invite and not invite whoever they want. Ashley is a crazy woman and I'd never spend time with a person like her. And after the  complete crazy meltdown I'd make sure  she was not around my children.  

This is a tv show and I was pointing out the storyline,  that I thought was wonky.  

In her defense, she's around them for the show and she needs the show right now for income.  That doesn't mean she's "comfortable" around them, it means she needs the paycheck.  I'm not blaming her if she declines to have Ashley present in a situation where she's actually got control over the guest list. 

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 13

Maybe not a disorder, but a thigh gap is certainly not a natural built, and that’s why I think there’s something wrong with Ashley, and it’s not just with losing weight.

I have a natural thigh gap and I am currently on a diet. My weight doesn't go to my thighs; it goes right to my belly. I would rather have a flat stomach than a thigh gap right now. Buy FYI, there are all types of body types in the world and some legs are just naturally shaped with a thigh gap. I didn't even know I possessed such a trait until it became an in thing. 

As far as Ashley's body is concerned, it's her arms and sunken face that alarm me. But considering that she upped and moved across the country for TRav within hours of meeting him one had to suspect she was crazy from the get-go. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

And of course, isn't the "someone didn't get invited" a part of every Bravo franchise's storylines? Seems like nearly every show has that "someone's feelings are hurt because they weren't invited" storyline.

2 hours ago, lezlers said:

So basically there's nothing she can do so long as she's on the show that will result in you giving her any credit.  I don't really think it's fair to villainize a cast member for simply being a cast member.  As someone else pointed out, she needs the show for income right now.  How can she have full custody of the kids if she's got no way to actually raise them?  I wouldn't trust TRav to actually give her adequate support, especially now that he might be going into the clink.  In my opinion, her staying on the show will actually be helpful to her custody case, especially this past episode.  She's shown she can remain calm and controlled in the face of clear verbal and emotional abuse.  She's also redeemed herself with the general public.  I haven't seen a turnaround like this since Camille Grammar. 

Very good point!

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

And of course, isn't the "someone didn't get invited" a part of every Bravo franchise's storylines? Seems like nearly every show has that "someone's feelings are hurt because they weren't invited" storyline.

Yup. That trope is wearing thin. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

That article does not actually have any info substantially different from TamaraTattle's report that he's out but the firing would not be announced until the reunion films later this month.  People's source close to the network might be a less-informed source than TT's, or may be issuing the "no decision yet" statement because it's Bravo's agreed-upon response to media outlets until the decision is announced at the reunion.

• Love 5
On June 3, 2018 at 10:55 AM, lezlers said:

I like Patricia, but lately, she's really getting on my nerves.  As a "Southern Lady" she showed no manners by not inviting Katherine to the baby shower, besides being mean.  She's not the First Lady, only an educated woman who married rich four times, lives in a mansion and has a butler.   If I was Katherine, I would never give her the time of day.  Seems like everyone has to kiss her ass.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Most hairdressers I worked with also have meh hair.  I don't know why!  I do like her hair and I think it fits her lifestyle which seems pretty casual and sporty.  But its nothing fancy.

So true!

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I like Patricia, but lately, she's really getting on my nerves.  As a "Southern Lady" she showed no manners by not inviting Katherine to the baby shower, besides being mean.  She's not the First Lady, only an educated woman who married rich four times, lives in a mansion and has a butler.   If I was Katherine, I would never give her the time of day.  Seems like everyone has to kiss her ass.

Was that Cameran's baby shower?

Wouldn't it be up to Cam on whether to invite her?

If Pat didn't want her there despite Cam's wishes, Cam can have someone else host the baby shower.

But I think this baby shower wasn't the actual one thrown by Cam's friends (notice there weren't any of her real friends there?) but one concocted for the show.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, scrb said:

Was that Cameran's baby shower?

Wouldn't it be up to Cam on whether to invite her?

If Pat didn't want her there despite Cam's wishes, Cam can have someone else host the baby shower.

But I think this baby shower wasn't the actual one thrown by Cam's friends (notice there weren't any of her real friends there?) but one concocted for the show.

It was her shower, but probably just for the cameras & show.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

It was her shower, but probably just for the cameras & show.

Definitely for show. She had another one, probably the real one, where she had more friends and it wasn't filmed. And I think Kathryn was there. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, slowpoked said:

Definitely for show. She had another one, probably the real one, where she had more friends and it wasn't filmed. And I think Kathryn was there. 

Oh good.  All these nice things being done for Katherine will help her towards recovery.  A few years ago, she was young and dumb, but now she seems to be on her way, hopefully.  Everyone needs a chance.

• Love 8