Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Hilton Head-Ache 2018.05.31

• Start Topic

(edited)

Ashley is a fucking loon, but that doesn't mean she's wrong about Kathryn being a shit mom.  It wasn't her place to bring any of it up though, especially in that setting.  I mean, fuck, if you're making Kathryn look sane, you need to check yourself.  Aside from the Kathryn crap, she was also extra loony with Thomas.  

I'm so tired of the bitter break up brigade thinking that being a bunch of nasty mean girls makes them empowered women.  They suck all the joy out of any situation they are in.  Can't the show just have some normal women on (besides Cameran)?  Why's it got to be either nutballs or harpies?

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 12
(edited)

I have not been able to stand Kathryn from jump but Ashley was crazy out of line. She was the person who demanded to invited to the party Kathryn was throwing even though Thomas had no problem with her not be invited. And then Ashley brought up the fact that she isn’t involved in the kids life. None of the women were mean to Ashley. Danni was responding to what Ashley was spewing and Thomas agreed as did Whitney who 1. Is a producer and 2. Has issues with Kathryn. 

I actually think Naomi responded well because she can get out of pocket crazy but she was just constantly reassuring Kathryn with her hand on her or just reminding her to stay calm.

Orchid the private chef was on Food Network Star.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I noticed he seemed a little... disappointed? when TRav said Kathryn kept her cool. Like “I want HER kinda crazy, not ASHLEY crazy...”

I guess? But my first thought was a vampire. Hasn’t he made jokes about that too? (Or haven’t we here on PTV?)

Oh yes, we’ve totally made that joke about Whitney!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I guess? But my first thought was a vampire. Hasn’t he made jokes about that too? (Or haven’t we here on PTV?)

That was my first thought as well. He usually isn’t seen during the daytime and has no tan...very white skin so the joke was that he’s a vampire. I remember it as starting here on these forums and chuckled because that comment led me to believe that they read what we are writing. It was a funny comment either way  

I liked that Dani called out Ashley for the hair tossing. It was annoying me. 

• Love 19

I noticed a few comments about how Whitney sat at the table (at times trying not to snicker and other times genuinely aghast at what was being said) during the whole fight scene. He is a producer. He might have been there to support Ashley as she might have been called upon (in the imaginary script) to amp up the drama and he didn’t want her to chicken out. So he stayed there quietly until she crossed the line of decency. 

• Love 10
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

He might have been there to support Ashley

At several times during the confrontation he clearly reached out to touch Kathryn in a supportive way. And never once said anything pro Ashley even when he and Trav were alone. He was too misogynistic in a “control your woman” as all the were but also quick to shore up that Kathryn.

The women handled themselves and laughed at the notion of Craig intervening.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I'm so tired of the bitter break up brigade thinking that being a bunch of nasty mean girls makes them empowered women.  They suck all the joy out of any situation they are in.  Can't the show just have some normal women on (besides Cameran)?  Why's it got to be either nutballs or harpies?

I enjoy the nutballs and harpies! Don't take them away from me!

5 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Yep-that is the picture.

I obviously do not know how she got to this point, and am not blaming Trav for this because we are all responsible for our choices, actions, and words.  She did not look like this pre-Thoms Ravenal so her time spent in his company had a definite effect on her choices and it has not been healthy choices.

He is poison.

My head is conflicted because I abhor her behavior tonite on so many levels, but when I saw this picture I felt sorry and concerned for her.

She looks like she joined the NXIVM cult. Somewhere on her is a brand with TRav's initials.

• Love 17

I'm losing interest in this show. After so much ugliness the past couple of years, two innocent children are still at risk because these assholes won't grow up. Ashley, Thomas, Kathryn, the Mean Girls, and Shep getting their camera time...all of them jostling for position via these disgusting arguments.

Once Ashley started her manic, nasty diatribe, I switched the channel.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Chelsea is playing for Austen.  wtf

I can't figure Chelsea out when it comes to Austen.  She doesn't seem to like him or want to be with him and well pretty much acts like he's a doof...and I don't disagree lol. I'm just confused about her asking about Victoria with what sounded to me was a jealous tone.  I don't think it's that it's her friend, she seemed to give them the ok to date....Idk , like I said she confuses me.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I noticed he seemed a little... disappointed? when TRav said Kathryn kept her cool. Like “I want HER kinda crazy, not ASHLEY crazy...”

41 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I noticed a few comments about how Whitney sat at the table (at times trying not to snicker and other times genuinely aghast at what was being said) during the whole fight scene. He is a producer. He might have been there to support Ashley as she might have been called upon (in the imaginary script) to amp up the drama and he didn’t want her to chicken out. So he stayed there quietly until she crossed the line of decency. 

Whitney started the Thomas scream fest on the ferry by announcing to Thomas that if Kathryn didn't feel safe, Ashley couldn't stay at the house per Chelsea.

I'm firmly "Whitney is alllllll about production" when it comes to any of this.

7 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I'm losing interest in this show. After so much ugliness the past couple of years, two innocent children are still at risk because these assholes won't grow up. Ashley, Thomas, Kathryn, the Mean Girls, and Shep getting their camera time...all of them jostling for position via these disgusting arguments.

Once Ashley started her manic, nasty diatribe, I switched the channel.

Saint and Kensie are the only people I have sympathy for when it comes to the Ravenel family.

• Love 19
(edited)
9 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Sorry I wrongly quoted this. Clear Editor hung up on me.

9 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I might have to start liking Naomie now.  I will have to watch again because I heard she was wearing a "Kitten Lady" tee shirt...why does Naomie have to do something nice like that? 

Maybe Shep should hook up with Katheryn.

Funny how everybody seems to like Katheryn now...well, compared to Ashley, I guess Katheryn is the Virgin Mary.

I love watching Kitten Lady! Haven't had kittens in the house in a long time but I've learned so much from her. 

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Ashley is a fucking loon, but that doesn't mean she's wrong about Kathryn being a shit mom.  It wasn't her place to bring any of it up though, especially in that setting.  I mean, fuck, if you're making Kathryn look sane, you need to check yourself.  Aside from the Kathryn crap, she was also extra loony with Thomas.  

Totally agree with everything you said

• Love 4
8 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I guess I didn’t see the girls as being mean to Ashley.  Chelsea in particular seemed fairly kind.  Really other than voicing their annoyance during the horseback riding....what did they really do to Ashley?   But more importantly, I never saw Kathryn do anything to warrant that attack.  It seemed to me that Ashley wanted to out all of Kathryn’s dirty laundry.  In the words of Shep...”it wasn’t kind”.

I know that Kathryn hasn’t always been embraced by the group, but Shep, Craig, and Dani have allways seemed a little protective of her since Season 2. 

I’ve been one of Kathryn’s fiercest critics, but the only people she needs to prove herself to are her two kids.  

And the courts.

• Love 7
(edited)

It's difficult to imagine that staying in such a beautiful place would be a downer, but, if they invited me for weekend like that, I'd have to decline. Could Bravo pay me enough to endure it?   (Unless, I could go off on my own.)  What a miserable time.  I did miss Cameron. 

I'm not a Chelsea fan, but, her reaction to Austen seems to go back a while, imo.  I recall when they first hooked up and seemed so into each other.  Recall them sharing at the jumpy gym?  They shared their first night together at the hunting ranch.  The next morning, Austen was all lovey dovey and Chelsea acted rather condescending to him. She made fun of him being in puppy love. I thought it was cold and very rude. Why would she do that? It seemed to me that something about the loving is not right for her and she can't get past it.  I think she tried, but, it's never panned out.  Maybe, there is no real chemistry, in her mind.  She has told some stories of him coming by  her place for bootie calls, late at night, but, I'm still wondering if their incapability isn't much deeper. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Sterling said:

This was taken 4 days ago.  Is this the photo?  She looks emaciated.

Aside from Ashley looking emaciated (ew), are Shep and Ash friends now? He just said he couldn't stand her in this episode. Sheps caption tells a lot. #itsjusttv. Is any of the crap we see true? Is he implying it's all an act? Makes you wonder. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It's difficult to imagine that staying in such a beautiful place would be a downer, but, if they invited me for weekend like that, I'd have to decline. Could Bravo pay me enough to endure it?   (Unless, I could go off on my own.)  What a miserable time.  I did miss Cameron. 

I'm not a Chelsea fan, but, her reaction to Austen seems to go back a while, imo.  I recall when they first hooked up and seemed so into each other.  Recall them sharing at the jumpy gym?  They shared their first night together at the hunting ranch.  The next morning, Austen was all lovey dovey and Chelsea acted rather condescending to him. She made fun of him being in puppy love. I thought it was cold and very rude. Why would she do that? It seemed to me that something about the loving is not right for her and she can't get past it.  I think she tried, but, it's never panned out.  Maybe, there is no real chemistry, in her mind.  She has told some stories of him coming by  her place for bootie calls, late at night, but, I'm still wondering if their incapability isn't much deeper. 

I’ve said this before about Chelsea. She is definitely condescending toward Austen. See my other post on this thread-I don’t know if she has it in her to be a girl that falls head over heels. She seems to need to make guys feel bad. 

Sort of like Naomie......

Chelsea never had chemistry with Austen. She complained when he was sweaty and kissing her. She demeaned his bedroom skills. Why does she have to mess with him and Victoria?? Let Austen find someone else-she certainly doesn’t want him! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I also noticed Whitney was the one who bee-lined on the boat to tell Ashley and TRav what Chelsea had said about Ashley not staying at the house.  I thought, what a slick little producer man he's being tonight.

12 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Aside from Ashley looking emaciated (ew), are Shep and Ash friends now? He just said he couldn't stand her in this episode. Sheps caption tells a lot. #itsjusttv. Is any of the crap we see true? Is he implying it's all an act? Makes you wonder. 

I think Shep roots for an underdog.  I follow him on Twitter and he said something like he felt bad for her because she is being so villanized. 

• Love 4

I agree about Chelsea, but, I'm not so sure about Naomi.  I'd be interested to see her with a guy that is unlike Craig. Some people are just malcontents.  They cannot be happy, because, that's who they are. They enjoy being dissatisfied, but, I'm not sure if Naomi is there yet. I'd like to see her with a more promising partner. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Ashley is crazy and was waayyy out of line. But Thomas’s unbridled screaming “fuck you” at Chelsea really showed his true colors. He was totally out of control and I’ll have to rewatch but I couldn’t believe everyone stayed seated. My heart was racing for Chelsea and her safety. I guess these folks know how to diffuse him and the best option to keep it from escalating was to placate him. But damn, that was scary. Also, we’ve seen housewives and others be asked to leave cast trips by the faux-host. I wish production would have stepped in and said actually you can be asked to leave if you’re belligerently intimidating others, and also please don’t break the forth wall. It’s just a pet peeve of mine when people think they’re above the standards that everyone else is held to.

Edited by Jackintheknox
  • Love 16

I'm still trying to process what Ass-ley thought she was going to accomplish with her little tirade.  Kathryn did specifically say this was not a subject suited for the table.  But Ass-ley plowed on, and in the process was as nasty and below-the-belt as you can get.  I've never been a fan of Kathryn (or Tom-Ass either) but I do give her props for having only a few agitation moments that were well within appropriate response level given what was being thrown at her.  Did Ass-ley think that she'd get a rise out of Kathryn that would enable her to turn to the group and say "see?  She hasn't changed.  Aren't I the better person?"  Instead she's pretty much alienated herself from the entire group of women.   And at least in this time frame, she's alienated probably half the men as well.  Craig doesn't seem to like her, Shep can't stand her (well, at that time at any rate) and from the looks on Whit's face, I'm thinking Momma Patricia will be getting the news about her as well.  You can probably kiss those "Southern Belle" lessons goodbye, Ass.  

And as for Ass-ley's "you all don't KNOW about her."  Come again, Harpy?  They've known Kathryn for five years.  They've seen her highs and they've seen her lows.  How the hell do you know anything?  Or is all this coming from the mouth of Tom-Ass?  You haven't seen her interact with her kids.  She lost precious bonding time with Saint (her own fault, to be sure, but it will muck up the mother/son relationship in future) and I seem to recall Kensie wanting to go home "with Mommy" last season. when Tom-Ass brought her to see Kathryn.  For her to imply that she traumatizes them when they visit (to the point that they can't sleep afterward when they are home) was hurtful.  For all you know, they may be sad because they miss their mom.  

Oh and that "I'm tired of kissing her ass."  Since when?  It was Kathryn, I believe, who invited you to lunch.  She was cordial and nice to you the entire time.   I've been in the position where I had to be nice to the woman who replaced me in the life of a man that I loved so much that it hurt.  And she did everything she could to throw it in my face.  And it's not easy.  And I DIDN'T have a drug or alcohol problem I was recovering from.  

And one thing I have NO doubt about.  If Ass-ley had a baby with Tom-Ass, she would be shipping those kids back to Kathryn full time as soon as she was able to convince Tom-Ass to do so.  

BTW, did you see Tom-Ass's reaction when Kathryn hinted that about "legal action"?  (Unless it was clever editing of course.)  Indeed - Come for the shit show - stay for the litigation!

• Love 22
11 hours ago, Otherkate said:

There are few things in this world that I am less interested in than Austin's boring ass love life.

His floppy mouth is pretty frightening. Maybe he can put a bunch of tennis balls in his mouth, like some Labradors do.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

The fact that Craig thought he could intervene and "save" the women (when he felt he should of course, but never did) was the funniest part of the episode.

That was for me probably the funniest part of the episode and brilliantly edited. Ashley going batshit crazy and then you had the audio of Craig saying things like “please don’t come over here.” And “I’ll wait and see if they wave me over.” Acting like he doesn’t want to be involved but clearly totally itching to get in there. And then they laughed in his face. 

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I also noticed Whitney was the one who bee-lined on the boat to tell Ashley and TRav what Chelsea had said about Ashley not staying at the house.  I thought, what a slick little producer man he's being tonight.

I think Shep roots for an underdog.  I follow him on Twitter and he said something like he felt bad for her because she is being so villanized. 

If she doesn't want to be villainized, Ashley should stop being such a freaking villain. There's an easy solution for her. 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Jellybean13 said:

During Ashley's rant, she repeatedly mentioned the nanny "knocking on the door" to talk to Thomas about the kids not sleeping.  Anyone know if it's true that the kids and the nanny are banished to the guest house, and don't basically live with him?  I wonder how that flies with whatever child protective agency they are governed by.

Ashley is demented, and if not for the poor children, would be a perfect match for the drunk, convicted felon.

Those two kids .. What a mess.  I wonder if TomAss & Ashley are taking proper care of them as they are both nuts.  Ashley seems to have taken over, and she has no business to do that just because she's his girlfriend.  Katherine must be going nuts.  I hope she stays clean and has more input with them.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, slowpoked said:

You know what's cray-cray about Ashley? She DEMANDS. She demands that people who have been together for a long time and already has certain ways around them be nice to her but she doesn't feel the need to return the favor. She demands that his boyfriend get her to be invited to his kid's birthday party. She demands that the decent thing for Kathryn to do is to invite her to Saint's birthday. 

I don't care that she demands things from Thomas. Clothes, ring, credit cards, money, etc., whatever. She's his girlfriend, she can do anything she wants with him. And vice versa. But the other people don't owe a single fucking thing to Ashley for her to demand things be accorded to her.

I wish Shep would have simply walked away when she started demanding he get her a shot.  Nope, there is no way I would have done shit for her.

I like to think I'm a nice person but damn if I was Chelsea I would have gone off on her. Ashley was screaming at her as if Chelsea was a misbehaving teenager. 

• Love 8

The charming shot of  Thomas at breakfast, leaning back in his chair, sitting spread-legged, in his striped sleepshort pj bottoms almost made me lose my dinner.  Don't need "crotch" shots of him, thank you very much said no one/

• Love 23
Just now, Koalagirl said:

The charming shot of  Thomas at breakfast, leaning back in his chair, sitting spread-legged, in his striped sleepshort pj bottoms almost made me lose my dinner.  Don't need "crotch" shots of him, thank you very much said no one/

And it wasn't much of a crotch...

• Love 12
9 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Chelsea just meekly cowering in her seat while barely able to choke out a timid "okay" was almost as disturbing to me as the fact that not one of the male cast members assertively told Thomas it's unacceptable to openly attempt to intimidate women. 

I too hated Chelsea's reaction.  She was clearly intimidated at the least, and frightened at the most.  If free 'n easy Chelsea didn't have the stomach to put him in his place, someone who does should have.

9 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

My guess is to make him look better during the investigation for his various sexual assaults.

Further proving his utter lack of rational judgement.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

That’s the one I was referencing in my post.

OH goody.  I started looking for it.  Ashley looks like shit.  Something going on.  Are they still together at this date?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I thought southern men were gentlemen.  TomAss is no gentleman to scream at a woman like that.  Chelsea should of gotten up and slapped his freakin face.

I would never say anyone should get up and slap anyone else especially when that someone already has allegations of being violent.

8 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Tonight when Thomas was raging at Chelsea, I became completely convinced the accusations against him are true. He was clearly very drunk on the ferry, and the way he lost all control was illuminating. No acting there.

Yep.

• Love 9
Just now, Gem 10 said:

OH goody.  I started looking for it.  Ashley looks like shit.  Something going on.  Are they still together at this date?

I think it was brought up last episode but there’s a Blind item out there about TRav and Ashley. That her performances may have been bought for him. They even named the agency that she came from. Right now she’s living in a separate apt paid for by Rav. She might be a booty call but I don’t seriously take them as a couple. For the sake of his children I pray not. 

• Love 8
(edited)
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Kathryn isn't engaged or married to Thomas either, having babies doesn't make one a saint.  I'm sick of all this "Saint Kathryn" bullshit.  Just because a woman has babies doesn't make her high and mighty.

This is why Kathryn needs to get off reality TV and stop wishing Thomas would marry her.  If he did he'd cheat on her forever.  That's why I don't like Kathryn because she hasn't figured that shit out yet. 

I couldn't stand Kathryn for the longest time, but at least on the show this year, it seems she's trying to get her life in order.  So I'm rooting  for her.  There is no excuse for what Ashley has said, whether you like Kathyrn or not.  If she's an actress playing a role, she's still a huge asshole for going there.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 14
(edited)
6 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Why's it got to be either nutballs or harpies?

bravo-logo.gif

3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I have to say that I thought that pretty much the entirety of Ashley's performance in this episode was just that.  A performance.  I'm not saying that she doesn't have organic nutbarn issues, and I'm certainly not saying that she is an accomplished actress, but I really felt that she was acting throughout this whole episode.  

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I would never say anyone should get up and slap anyone else especially when that someone already has allegations of being violent.

Yep.

True...in the heat of the moment.  TomAss would probably hit back.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

bravo-logo.gif

I have to say that I thought that pretty much the entirety of Ashley's performance in this episode was just that.  A performance.  I'm not saying that she doesn't have organic nutbarn issues, and I'm certainly not saying that she is an accomplished actress, but I really felt that she was acting throughout this whole episode.  

To me, it is even worse if she was acting and using this as an opportunity to get screen time. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I can't figure Chelsea out when it comes to Austen.  She doesn't seem to like him or want to be with him and well pretty much acts like he's a doof...and I don't disagree lol. I'm just confused about her asking about Victoria with what sounded to me was a jealous tone.  I don't think it's that it's her friend, she seemed to give them the ok to date....Idk , like I said she confuses me.

She is definitely sending mixed messages to Austen and to us, imo.  Maybe she's one of those girls who isn't interested until someone else is interested, kwim?

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I've never been a fan of manspreading, and I'm certainly not a fan of allegedrapistspreading.

35 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

And it wasn't much of a crotch...

You went there, lol.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Maybe she's one of those girls who isn't interested until someone else is interested, kwim?

Sadly, nothing makes my husband more attractive to me than some slattern making eyes at him.  I know, I'm pitiful.....

• Love 4

So Naomi is a huge bitch and sounds off about Craig and J.D., but sat there and said jack shit when Ashley was going off?  I know she was encouraging Kathyrn not to say anything in response to the looney, but still, you would think she'd have played Danni's role.

• Love 12
Just now, sasha206 said:

So Naomi is a huge bitch and sounds off about Craig and J.D., but sat there and said jack shit when Ashley was going off?  I know she was encouraging Kathyrn not to say anything in response to the looney, but still, you would think she'd have played Danni's role.

And let's also remember the Peyton performance.

• Love 8

I am not sure if I can add anything that hasn't already been said about Ashley but my goodness!  The hair flipping, the cliché repeating (as someone else pointed out), the attack on Kathryn, the toenail painting, the constant desperate telling Thomas how they are made for one another/wants his babies/two of a kind, and lastly, the girl really needs some support up top.  The jumpsuit she wore did nothing at all for her figure.  In the same vein, Kathryn needs to retire the leather leggings, tight does not equate flattering. 

Danni always seems like the level headed figure so it was a bit shocking to see her so upset and cursing so much (not judging at all just out of character).  I do like the fact she has always had Kathryn's back.

I think Chelsie is just a very calm but sensitive soul.  To me, she clearly has a fondness for Austen and there is an attraction but her reason was probably spot on, she feels he would find her boring since they are in two different places.  I don't think she is playing him, she doesn't seem the type. It made me sick seeing Thomas yell at her.  I think she is genuinely a kind person.

I have not been a Kathryn fan and still am not 100% buying her new self but I truly hope it is real because compared to Thomas, she seems to be the better person.  Hopefully her past craziness was just due to being really young and immature.  I do worry about her sobriety since she is around alcohol all the time with these people. She is showing some major restraint.  I wish she had a sober buddy on the show.            

Shep was pretty awesome tonight.....some very funny moments.

I want to see the best in Naomi........I didn't like how she attacked the one girl (I have already forgotten her name) but if I am putting myself in her position, as cute and sweet as Craig is, he probably would have brought out the worst in me with his lack of direction.  It would have eventually taken its toll.      

• Love 11
(edited)
7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I have not been able to stand Kathryn from jump but Ashley was crazy out of line. She was the person who demanded to invited to the party Kathryn was throwing even though Thomas had no problem with her not be invited. And then Ashley brought up the fact that she isn’t involved in the kids life. None of the women were mean to Ashley. Danni was responding to what Ashley was spewing and Thomas agreed as did Whitney who 1. Is a producer and 2. Has issues with Kathryn. 

They weren't mean to her, but they were doing that thing that some young women do, and it is very subtle, but they leave the outsider out.  Glances, smirks, smiles and laughs - all to keep those bitches IN and Ashley out.  To the naked eye, they were accommodating, and kind, but for people who have been there (both sides unfortunately), it is GLARING.  Chelsea was a bit kinder than the others, but they made Ashley feel like an outsider.

The horse riding - they keep saying, oh, I just want to run.  With the unspoken "we could if SHE wasn't here..." 

I am not pro-Ashley or Kathryn (I am anti-Danni).  But those women were under-current VICIOUS.  I mean, Ashley is also crazy, but they were not being nice.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 18