Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Hilton Head-Ache 2018.05.31

• Start Topic

What to say that hasn't been said? Lord! Ashley was out of her mind at that dinner. No way was she acting in any way, shape or form.

She definitely has an over-abundance of self-confidence & I think it was chemically enabled on that island.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

Definitely for show. She had another one, probably the real one, where she had more friends and it wasn't filmed. And I think Kathryn was there. 

You think?  Because I always got the impression that Cameran doesn't really hang out with most of these people except for when filming.  I think she hangs out with Shep, Whitney, and maybe Cheltsie.  Of course I always go big with the invite list of any shower I'm throwing because I'd rather spend a little extra on throwing a bigger party than have feelings hurt because someone is left out.  I have a friend that was upset to be left out of someone's shower before and don't want to do that to anyone else.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

You think?  Because I always got the impression that Cameran doesn't really hang out with most of these people except for when filming.  I think she hangs out with Shep, Whitney, and maybe Cheltsie.  Of course I always go big with the invite list of any shower I'm throwing because I'd rather spend a little extra on throwing a bigger party than have feelings hurt because someone is left out.  I have a friend that was upset to be left out of someone's shower before and don't want to do that to anyone else.

This is Chelsea's picture of the real baby shower. There are other pictures but they're from a private IG account of another friend so it will not show up here. I think it was Leva who hosted it for Cam.

• Love 6
(edited)

My question was mainly about if Kathrine would be invited.  Cam is nice to her on the show, but it doesn't seem like they are RL friends.  But I probably wasn't clear enough.  I didn't doubt she had a real shower.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 2
(edited)
41 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

My question was mainly about if Kathrine would be invited.  Cam is nice to her on the show, but it doesn't seem like they are RL friends.  But I probably wasn't clear enough.  I didn't doubt she had a real shower.

Why would they be?  Difference in age, temperament, socioeconomic status, etc.

Cam was one of the original cast members.

Kathryn literally slept her way onto the show.  You think Cam would be receptive to that kind of behavior?  She may not call out that kind of behavior but women can be the most judgmental when it comes to other women.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 2
On 6/2/2018 at 10:05 PM, slowpoked said:

Maybe not here, but I quite remember the uproar on the “fight” between Shep and Austen being “just” over a hairstylist last season.

Maybe not a disorder, but a thigh gap is certainly not a natural built, and that’s why I think there’s something wrong with Ashley, and it’s not just with losing weight.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/news/a18504/stop-thigh-gap/

That's a great article.  But I did wonder how many photos Cosmo has photoshopped a "thigh gap" in on a model?  I would be TONS.

• Love 5
On June 1, 2018 at 12:58 PM, Sterling said:

Regardless of anything Kathryn does, it's not Ashley's place to say.

Just like it isn't Kathryn's place to tell Ashley anything about what she is doing that Kathryn doesn't like.

But I give props to Kathryn:

She seems to be staying sober and sticking to her guidelines

She seems to be under her therapist's care, and likely on her prescription meds, which is helping her to control her temper.   Everyone last night brought up how well controlled she was, and even Thomas noticed.

She seems to be enjoying being part of a girlfriend group, and she's not doing or saying anything underhanded, or to undermine, any of the girls.

If Ashley was smart, she'd be embracing all these girls, embracing Kathryn, sharing cute things about Kathryn's kids.   Oh, and encouraging Thomas to......be Thomas.  Encourage him to join his friends when they went crabbing/fishing, join his friends for drinks on the patio, join his friends out at a bar.  

Ashley is keeping such a tight leash, and it's apparent he's about to choke.

Oh, and the orange nail polish?  And she's the boss?  Yikes.

And that "us against the world" crap...that's a really sick, twisted mentality. I've seen that before with very unhealthy couples. It bonds them in their anti-social, mental illness. If Thomas has one shred of normalcy, he will not marry her, and detangle away from her asap, if not, then that truly speaks to who he is.

• Love 16
On June 1, 2018 at 1:21 PM, zenme said:

I don't think Chelsea is really attracted to Austen. She enjoys his company, but I don't think Austen is really her type. It sounds like she likes a more macho guy. I believe her ex-fiancée was a ball player.  Austen is not that--never will be. I think she was looking for Austen to fight with Shep so that she could see his caveman brute side. It didn't happen. I'm sure the fact that Austen didn't even stand up to Thomas didn't help. He basically left her feeling unsafe. She cowered, and Austen basically did nothing. 

I feel like Austen is a boy. Chelsea is looking for a man. I would feel the same way about Austen. He has a lot of growing up to do.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I don't know about the shower, but they do hang out off camera. From Cam's instagram:

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I agree. I do not think it is a healthy environment for Kathryn. I hope she has a support network of recovery friends who are sober. It is not healthy for her to be around so much drinking. IMO it would be better for her not to be on this show, although I expect she needs the income. I also don't understand how Thomas can be absolutely wasted (often), loud, abusive and scary and still have full custody of the kids. I mean... how often is the guy actually sober? 

Because Tom ass and his father probably play golf with the judges.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, snarts said:

I don't know about the shower, but they do hang out off camera. From Cam's instagram:

Boy, I bet Patricia would love to have a grand baby like Palmer.  It's still possible if Whitney finds a relationship with someone.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, snarts said:

Dang Cam's short. Shep once said he was 6'4" so allowing for shoes she's gotta be under 5'5.

Not knocking it... I'm 5'2.

• Love 3
On 6/2/2018 at 10:05 PM, slowpoked said:

Maybe not a disorder, but a thigh gap is certainly not a natural built, and that’s why I think there’s something wrong with Ashley, and it’s not just with losing weight.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/news/a18504/stop-thigh-gap/

Sorry.  I have to disagree.  I'm about 5' 6" or so.  I weigh about 132.  I have a thigh gap.  It's about a half, 3/4 of an inch.  I'm no spring chicken but I do walk.  My proportions are quite good and don't get me wrong, I do have my insecurities but it's not about my figure.  Yeah, I do wish my legs were longer and that's about it.  I'm healthy and certainly I'm not anorexic or overweight.  I very much have a 'natural' build. 

Ashley is underweight.  It's very visible judging by the pictures she has posted.  It has nothing to to do with a thigh gap.

• Love 8
Just now, Hockey Addict said:

Okay, so now Trav and Kathryn are hanging out? Check out Tamara Tattles

Saw that.  He's not good for her. 

2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Boy, I bet Patricia would love to have a grand baby like Palmer.  It's still possible if Whitney finds a relationship with someone.

Patricia will buy him one.

• Love 6

watched co-parenting video.  Pinching bridge of nose......

I dance like Thomas.  Normally I'm not ashamed of my dancing skills, I know I have none, but it's a completely different thing to see a skeezeball, doing my moves.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, snarts said:

Aw! Look at Whitney kissing the baby! All of the jokes about him being a vampire or an alien, he’s finally learned human emotions!

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Aw! Look at Whitney kissing the baby! All of the jokes about him being a vampire or an alien, he’s finally learned human emotions!

I hope that he’s getting a good sniff of the baby smell (pheromones). When women smell it they get baby fever. Maybe it will give him the take the next step forward fever...As in begin dating. It could be that like some women (not need a man to feel complete) that he is just dedicated to his bachelorhood. 

I don’t see a kiss per se but he is going on close. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/1/2018 at 6:08 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

And yet still a company wants her endorsement.  I would have failed marketing in modern times.  Integrity, image, reputation...makes no difference.

Well, consider the company. They are just as much a hanger-on as Ashley. Companies come and go every day. And this one will have as much staying power as the loon they are attaching themselves to. A smartly marketed company would never latch on to this loser. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 4

Whitney would need to have sex with a woman to have a baby, and to get a sweet one like Palmer it would have to be with a “proper” southern woman~ not gonna happen. I realize he has been with women but I think he swings both ways and right now the pendulum is to the other side. ?

Chelsea seemed extra upset on this episode- she got emotional when talking to Austen and was really exasperated while talking to Ashley- Chelsea was pulling off her microphone while she walked up the stairs. 

It must drive Ashley crazy to see the chemistry between Thomas and Katherine. She is wasting away from the looks of it. Hope her family intervenes. 

• Love 4

I watched this episode again because it was chock full of so many nuances I missed the first time around; and good Lord, the cast wasn’t kidding when some of them were joking on Instagram that this is one of the “craziest” SC episodes ever. 

We always knew Thomas was a loon, but he has totally met his match with that whackadoodle Ashley. And I’m convinced that wasn’t just booze working on her—-I’m guessing she either brought her own stash of special candy to wash down with all the booze, or maybe her Adderall finally started to kick in by the second night.

I keep hoping that surely she’s just playing up a character, surely she just wanted to ensure camera time, surely she wanted to get Katherine into a crazed screamfest just so Ash would somehow look less nutty...but no, she must’ve legitimately thought she’d come out looking like a graceful comic book heroine after this trip, proudly defending her man’s honor a’la her idol Melania Trump...but Hell, even Melania has enough dignity to not even attempt to fight with her man’s smarter, saner attackers.

I’d be so embarrassed if I were her. And does she work in a nurse’s office somewhere now? She just better hope she can hold onto her job after coming off so unhinged on national television...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Chelsea seemed extra upset on this episode- she got emotional when talking to Austen and was really exasperated while talking to Ashley- Chelsea was pulling off her microphone while she walked up the stairs. 

Alky-hawl !!

• Love 4
On 6/1/2018 at 11:04 PM, HunterHunted said:

From the beginning. Whitney created the show and has been involved with casting to some extent. However, the day in and day out production and most of the editing have excluded Whitney. So when they've given him a really bad edit, he's had no control over that. I'm sure he gets some money from the show as an executive producer, but he has no control over it--who is in the cast, what storylines, or any edits--none of it.

He could also be the kind of producer Mariah is/was on Married To Medicine... once they bought the show, they (Bravo) pretty much threw her away...

• Love 2
18 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

If Thomas has one shred of normalcy, he will not marry her, and detangle away from her asap,

I guess that's the qualifier (my bolding). We should worry most that he doesn't implant his seed(s).  Ashley seems like that much of a schemer.

• Love 3

I’m a huge fan of Cameron! However, I wish she’d put a hat on Palmer to shield her head and her eyes. It’s not good for baby’s eyes to have the sun shining into them. We always put hats (cute ones, of course) on both of our babies.

• Love 2

I wrote a comment, deleted it, and came back and saw that someone is still arguing that thigh gaps only come from eating disorders. I also have a thigh gap-have always had it. I'm an "apple" shape wise-I gain weight in my tummy- and my legs are just skinny no matter what-have never done anything to make them that way. Or to get rid of my belly pooch! It is what it is. I am 49, 5'3", weigh 130 lbs, and my only workout is yoga and I have no eating disorders.

Thighs aside-I am new to the show. I went back and watched the first season-Thomas has never been a catch but the difference between S1 and now is striking. S1 was not a total lost cause-this season-he just seems like he is wacked out on pills & liquor? There's a drawl and then there's slurring your words incomprehensibly. And rage issues. I am curious to see how the show will handle his exit.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I’m a huge fan of Cameron! However, I wish she’d put a hat on Palmer to shield her head and her eyes. It’s not good for baby’s eyes to have the sun shining into them. We always put hats (cute ones, of course) on both of our babies.

You and my mom.

Who ran back into the single wide trailer, during an earthquake, to get me a hat.  

I like to poke her about the fact that she left me, ALONE, outside, during an earthquake.  And she always gets snippy and says, "You needed to have a hat on.  You were outside."

Mom logic....  

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 13

Am I the only one thinking it's possible that a couple of these women might not have been into coke until they made the unfortunate acquaintance of the stumbling, slurring, crazy-eyed T-Rav?  Ashley just seems to be such a mess here, and judging from what I've seen of her social media, (however inaccurate a judgment that may yield) it seems to me that this may not be her usual self. 

Just a thought that keeps coming back around.   I have no idea whether or not Kathryn messed with drugs pre-Thomas.  

• Love 4

Ok, I haven’t seen the last 2 episodes prior to this one, so my opinion may change, but I kinda see where Ashley’s coming from, I think Kathryn had it coming. 

I saw the way she treated Landon and now she’s treating Ashley that way. Ashley tried to be nice, saw that Kathryn was never gonna like her and said fuck it, I’m done biting my tongue. 

• Love 1
On 6/1/2018 at 1:21 PM, zenme said:

I don't think Chelsea is really attracted to Austen. She enjoys his company, but I don't think Austen is really her type. It sounds like she likes a more macho guy. I believe her ex-fiancée was a ball player.  Austen is not that--never will be. I think she was looking for Austen to fight with Shep so that she could see his caveman brute side. It didn't happen. I'm sure the fact that Austen didn't even stand up to Thomas didn't help. He basically left her feeling unsafe. She cowered, and Austen basically did nothing. 

I think that’s exactly it. She said as much a few episodes ago. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I don’t know how corrupt Charleston is, but I could see it being at least somewhat corrupt, bc I’ve heard it’s very cliquey and they don’t like outsiders in their inner-circle. So, to me, I could see how it could easily translate to a good-ol-boys mentality, where powerful people get what they want in the courts due to connections, whether it’s fair or not. 

But I could also see Kathryn being a shitty mother, she was young and not ready and i could see how it could be overwhelming to have 2 kids and a reality show and all this shit that young. I’m not sure I could handle it. 

EDIT: I should add, what he used to get her kids taken away is probably, in all honesty, something Thomas does, also - partying, drinking, occasional line of cocaine, etc. In other words, not drug/alcohol addiction, but the courts don't necessarily make the distinction between drug use, abuse and addiction. I don't believe Kathryn was addicted to any drug or an alcoholic. I don't believe Thomas was/is, either. I don't believe Thomas thought she was, either, I think he used his knowledge of her partying to get custody of the kids because he wanted to avoid paying her child support for those 2 kids. I could be wrong, tho, bc I don't remember the exact details of the case. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 3

We have seen TRav drunk many times but he was ANGRY drunk on the ferry ride. What did he and Ashley drink or take to cause that level of aggression?! 

With all the bad press surrounding TRav about the alleged sexual assault, that angry outburst towards Chelsea cannot have helped his cause. 

When they showed Katherine getting up in the am it looked like she had enjoyed several snacks in bed that night ( dirty dishes on the night stand). 

• Love 1

I believe the sexual assault allegations against Thomas. Just watching him, I can easily see him being capable of doing these things. 

Ashley didn’t get mean with Kathryn until Kathryn got mean, first, when she told Ashley she was only gonna last another month. 

Kathryn can be very violatile and irrationally mean and I think people, especially other women, walk on eggshells around her bc of that, they don’t wanna be another Landon or Jennifer. You can tell some of these chicks have their head up her ass. But kissing Kathryn’s ass gets you nowhere bc Kathryn is the type of woman that, once she decides you’re a certain way, there’s no changing her mind, no matter how nice you are or how much evidence you provide to to the contrary. So if you’ve had enough of her bullshit, you might as well say it, bc she’s gonna dislike you regardless of what you say or do. 

Thats not to say I think Ashley is the perfect woman, just that I can see where she’s coming from w/Kathryn, I see why she did what she did. 

But if she was smart, the next day, she woulda acted humble and very nice to everyone (except for Kathryn, who she would ignore). Instead, she came downstairs like she’d been emboldened by her behavior the night before. That’s where I think she went wrong. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I don’t know how corrupt Charleston is, but I could see it being at least somewhat corrupt, bc I’ve heard it’s very cliquey and they don’t like outsiders in their inner-circle. So, to me, I could see how it could easily translate to a good-ol-boys mentality, where powerful people get what they want in the courts due to connections, whether it’s fair or not. 

But I could also see Kathryn being a shitty mother, she was young and not ready and i could see how it could be overwhelming to have 2 kids and a reality show and all this shit that young. I’m not sure I could handle it. 

EDIT: I should add, what he used to get her kids taken away is probably, in all honesty, something Thomas does, also - partying, drinking, occasional line of cocaine, etc. In other words, not drug/alcohol addiction, but the courts don't necessarily make the distinction between drug use, abuse and addiction. I don't believe Kathryn was addicted to any drug or an alcoholic. I don't believe Thomas was/is, either. I don't believe Thomas thought she was, either, I think he used his knowledge of her partying to get custody of the kids because he wanted to avoid paying her child support for those 2 kids. I could be wrong, tho, bc I don't remember the exact details of the case. 

I feel like if you can't take a break from drugs and alcohol while you are pregnant you might have an addiction problem.  

• Love 8
(edited)
16 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I don't believe Kathryn was addicted to any drug or an alcoholic. I don't believe Thomas was/is, either.

Well I definitely believe they are.  Having lived with one for close to 25 years, I see the signs.  I also believe Kathryn drank alcoholically during her second pregnancy.  ^^^yourmomiseasy beat me to it!!!!!

Edited by Oosala
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I feel like if you can't take a break from drugs and alcohol while you are pregnant you might have an addiction problem.  

it was my understanding that she was using drugs/alcohol/partying AFTER she had the baby, not during. 

17 hours ago, Oosala said:

Well I definitely believe they are.  Having lived with one for close to 25 years, I see the signs.  I also believe Kathryn drank alcoholically during her second pregnancy.  ^^^yourmomiseasy beat me to it!!!!!

And what signs would those be? With all due respect, it is my experience that people who are involved in the whole addiction-recovery thing often cannot, or will not, make the distinction between use, abuse and addiction, because they are, indeed, 3 very different things. 

• Love 1

I will admit that my conclusion is based on more than what we see on the show (other websites, police blotters, etc.).  I can quote a lot of things I learned in Al-Anon about the self-professed alcoholic;/drug addict I was married to, but it can all be distilled into one Al-Anon statement:  "Alcoholics are people whose drinking causes a continuing and growing problem in any area of their lives."  Continuing and growing problems are rampant in both Kathryn and Thomas's lives.  They are/were always shown drinking and drunk.  Thomas has a criminal history and was jailed for cocaine use.  Either you drink alcoholically or you don't.  There are no grey areas.  At least there weren't in my experience.  And of course denial is a symptom of the disease.  So what's the difference between abuse and addiction?  And yes, I know that the majority of people can drink without being alcoholics.

Before we all get kicked out for being off topic, I'm going to get back on topic.  Thomas is a scary and violent drunk as shown tonight and previously at the Dinner of Horrors, and Kathryn told the ladies that this is the Thomas she has seen.  I don't imagine she would want to return to that based on what she's learned in recovery, and I know she's in recovery because she speaks that language.  I love that she's serious about changing.  I hate that Thomas is not, and isn't being forced to change at all.  God forbid his rage is ever directed at his children.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

it was my understanding that she was using drugs/alcohol/partying AFTER she had the baby, not during. 

I recall it being in leaked court docs that she used wile pregnant with Saint.  I was certain that he looked like he has FAS, but then saw a picture of him with Kathryn and it might just be that he looks like her, but he really does seem to have the typical fetal alcohol syndrome features.  Either way it is sad.  The kids might not want for anything materially, but aside from that, the cards really do seem stacked against them with their train wreck parents.  I do hope Kathryn gets her shit together, for their sake.  She did seem very stable under a lot of pressure in this episode.  Thomas might be a lost cause.  He does seem like a good father in the scenes with the kids and the stuff he posts with them on SM, but then with crazy rampages on the show and SM, it's hard to know which side is an act and which is real -- I'm assuming the out of control rampager is what's real.  I hope he never goes into berserker mode around the kids.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, Oosala said:

I will admit that my conclusion is based on more than what we see on the show (other websites, police blotters, etc.).  I can quote a lot of things I learned in Al-Anon about the self-professed alcoholic;/drug addict I was married to, but it can all be distilled into one Al-Anon statement:  "Alcoholics are people whose drinking causes a continuing and growing problem in any area of their lives."  Continuing and growing problems are rampant in both Kathryn and Thomas's lives.  They are/were always shown drinking and drunk.  Thomas has a criminal history and was jailed for cocaine use.  Either you drink alcoholically or you don't.  There are no grey areas.  At least there weren't in my experience.  And of course denial is a symptom of the disease.  So what's the difference between abuse and addiction?  And yes, I know that the majority of people can drink without being alcoholics.

Before we all get kicked out for being off topic, I'm going to get back on topic.  Thomas is a scary and violent drunk as shown tonight and previously at the Dinner of Horrors, and Kathryn told the ladies that this is the Thomas she has seen.  I don't imagine she would want to return to that based on what she's learned in recovery, and I know she's in recovery because she speaks that language.  I love that she's serious about changing.  I hate that Thomas is not, and isn't being forced to change at all.  God forbid his rage is ever directed at his children.

There's a big difference. IME, Al-Anon tends to view everything in black and white and that's my pet peeve about it, tbh, bc it's over-simplifying and over-generalizing - there's too many gray areas in life to over-simplify it in such black and white terms. it's as if they are too lazy to make the distinction and so they assume. 

Somebody who abuses alcohol means they drink too much, or in excess, but do not necessarily depend on it to get through the day. Alcohol can be physically addictive if you drink it often enough throughout the day. Some who abuses alcohol, but does not depend on it, does NOT get the shakes and even full-blown alcoholic seizures if he/she doesn't have a drink soon after he/she wakes up, bc their body does NOT depend on it to get through the day. HOWEVER, they still abuse alcohol in ways including drinking too much when they do drink, binge drinking, drinking too often (but not often enough to physically depend on it) and maybe it even gets them in trouble with the law, such as DUIs, arrests for public intoxication, arguments that coulda been avoided if not so drunk, etc. People who abuse alcohol also may use it to cope during stressful times (drink more than usual). However, people who abuse alcohol can go a day, a week or even a month without drinking without going through physical withdrawals. They won't get sick or need to go to detox in order to withdraw safely. Not sure about Kathryn, but I'd say Thomas likely fits into this category. It is clear that drinking gets Thomas in trouble at times. I'd say a good portion of reality stars fit into this category. 

By contrast, an addict, as in an alcoholic, is truly physically addicted to alcohol. They cannot just stop drinking without going through physically withdrawals and it's often dangerous, so much so that it is recommended that people who are true alcoholics only stop drinking when they enter into a detox center, to detox with certain medications to prevent their system from shutting down/and/or seizures that can ultimately kill you. They feel sick and shaky if they don't have a drink after a certain amount of time, a few hours or so, so they literally have to drink in order to get through the day. 

IDK which category your husband fit into, but I've known quite a few people who abuse alcohol and a handful of people who are true alcoholics. By alcoholic, I mean, wake up in the morning and have a drink and then continue to drink throughout the day until bedtime, wake up, repeat. Alcohol is essential for them because they can not function without it, they will get sick or worse. 

As far as I know, I would not put either Kathryn or Thomas into this category (alcoholic), although there's no way to know unless you hang out with them in person and observe their habits. But from what I can see, no, not true alcoholics, either of them. 

And somebody who is not an alcoholic but is accused of being one is also going to deny it, so i don't quite see how "denial" is a symptom all by itself, without any other evidence. It's true, Thomas went to prison for cocaine, but due to his high-power position, what he did was more under a microscope than others, the story he told was that he was doing it and shared it with someone, which was considered "distributing" it...no way to know how often he did it. 

Honestly, to me, the person who shows the most signs of addiction is Craig. Addiction to what, IDK and to be fair, I don't even know that he's addicted to anything, but the constant lateness (and not just 15 minutes late, but constantly 40 minutes, an hour, 2 hours late), followed by lame excuses, lying, deflection, etc. are warning signs that something is going on. He's always late and not being productive because he's busy doing something - what that something is, IDK, it may just be that he's busy fucking around doing nothing all day, maybe he's just the type of person that, so long as the Bravo money keeps coming in, he's down to just slack off during the day and party at night, but generally, when it's a pattern like that, there's something going on, there's something that's preoccupying a lot of your time and spilling over into other areas of your life and causing problems. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I recall it being in leaked court docs that she used wile pregnant with Saint.  I was certain that he looked like he has FAS, but then saw a picture of him with Kathryn and it might just be that he looks like her, but he really does seem to have the typical fetal alcohol syndrome features.  Either way it is sad.  The kids might not want for anything materially, but aside from that, the cards really do seem stacked against them with their train wreck parents.  I do hope Kathryn gets her shit together, for their sake.  She did seem very stable under a lot of pressure in this episode.  Thomas might be a lost cause.  He does seem like a good father in the scenes with the kids and the stuff he posts with them on SM, but then with crazy rampages on the show and SM, it's hard to know which side is an act and which is real -- I'm assuming the out of control rampager is what's real.  I hope he never goes into berserker mode around the kids.

If she was using while pregnant, that's a problem. I don't recall what Saint looks like, but I know that Kathryn does NOT look like an adult w/FAS. She's got a big forehead, big eyes and a decently-defined jaw (it's not underdeveloped). Honestly, I never saw Kathryn get out of control drunk on the show. I've seen her act a fool plenty of times, but she never appeared to be drunk during those times, it looked to me like that was just her natural behavior lol. 

I didn't hear anything about her drinking, anyway, I heard it was cocaine and some other drug. But I don't recall if it was while she was pregnant or not. Agreed that if she used while pregnant, that's an issue. 

• Love 1

I dont like this gang of girls even a little bit. I find them all to be assholes. And I agree with whoever said they are all just sticking their head up Kathryns ass to remain on film. How they after at that dinner and breakfast was childlike.

Naomi is ridiculous. How her and her family don't watch this and get repeatedly embarrassed by her behavior is beyond me. I'm not a fan of Craig even a little but man, talk about dodging a bullet. It was so obvious she was taking that photo on the boat to post on social media to make that girl jealous. It's like she's 12 yrs old. Time to grow up Naomi. 

Chelsea can leave anytime as far as this viewer is concerned. If anyone is latching on to men for screentime it's her. Not even the slightest bit interested in her backstory.

And as for that nut Ashley, do these folks not remember this is Thomas m.o. How is her moving cross country and shacking up with him after a few months any different (Or worse) than Kathryn getting knocked up by him almost immediately (after screwing his friends) and expecting him to keep her living in the lap of luxury forever just because she's a ho? Kathryn and Ashley couldn't be more alike. And I can kinda are where Ashleys anger came from (although is was expressed quite poorly), she kissed Kathryns ass over and over and was shunned. All the while dating a man who is solely caring for his kids bc the mom is a wreck. Thats a lot of responsibility to take on all at once. How much respect is she supposed to dish out while getting none in return? She should be respected as Thomas' woman just the same . Thomas should be having these conversations with Kathryn though. Ashley shouldn't have to demand that his baby momma accepts/respects his current GF. Thomas is the biggest dirtbag in all of this. That said, I couldn't look at that poor Saint and seeing what his mother did to him (if the rumors are true) and not want to spit in her face.

Kathryn is obviously medicated. 

• Love 4
On 6/1/2018 at 2:18 AM, Neurochick said:

The reason they hate Ashley is because she's stealing camera time from the rest of them, and because they feel she's an "infiltrator from LA" who managed to get in their pretty little Charleston, white society....OMG. 

I don't like Ashley, but their hatred of her is just too much.  God knows what they would do if she was a WOC...OMG.

I actually think they hate her too little and managed to show amazing restraint. I  almost feel sorry for Thomas, being stuck with her, hehe. He obviously hates it/her so much, but he´s playing the chicken long game :) And for an old, rich dude who´s starting to sprout a big drunk belly like him, nothing is as "bottom of the barrel" as crazy Ashley. He scored the hot, good on paper, crazy one alright! Someone here said she reminds of a lifetime movie nutjob, and that is very spot on. Thank God Kathryn and the kids have this all on tape, who knows where they´d be if they didn´t! And yes, I think she´s one step above just hurting pets, friends of the main heroine and such, she should never be allowed around the children :(

Tbh, I´ve always liked Kathryn, but mostly for her crazy ways. She is fun to watch and brings the drama. And she´s neither mean nor evil. She´s like a beautiful, tortured, immature dog who´ll bite sometimes. But now she´s getting healed and she´s just as great as her true friend Craig (and maybe Shep) dared to hope she´d be. I´m so glad for her to be a part of this group. I also want to thank stupid Landon, if it wasn´t for her bullying, the others would never have seen how agreeable Kathryn actually is, considering. She´s NOOOOO saint, but in real life she would never have lost custody of her kids except for Thomas going so hard on her. It´s all very messed up, but in the end it was to her benefit and hopefully she will get the kids 80-100% of the time one day. With Ravenell money ;)

• Love 8
On 6/1/2018 at 9:12 AM, bichonblitz said:

Aside from Ashley looking emaciated (ew), are Shep and Ash friends now? He just said he couldn't stand her in this episode. Sheps caption tells a lot. #itsjusttv. Is any of the crap we see true? Is he implying it's all an act? Makes you wonder. 

No, it’s all made for dramatic reality TV. In real life, they are all pretty much friends with each other. But the production staff tells them what scenario to create, and turn them loose.

• Love 1