Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Hilton Head-Ache 2018.05.31

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Oosala said:

...and for people who need medication, that's a very good thing.  :-)

Oh I totally agree. And I didn't mean it any other derogatory way. But there are others who think she's "changed" and that's why she is acting so rational. IMO it's a combo of meds and the courts hanging over her head making her so rational. Take those 2 factors away and I have no doubt old batshit crazy lunatic Kathryn would be back with a vengence.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, hottesthw said:

Oh I totally agree. And I didn't mean it any other derogatory way. But there are others who think she's "changed" and that's why she is acting so rational. IMO it's a combo of meds and the courts hanging over her head making her so rational. Take those 2 factors away and I have no doubt old batshit crazy lunatic Kathryn would be back with a vengence.

Which is why I worry about the children if she gets custody and Thomas goes to jail, she’ll have no one to rely on to take the kids and that sort of pressure isn’t good. They cannot go to her parents’ home because her father is not permitted to be around the kids.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Which is why I worry about the children if she gets custody and Thomas goes to jail, she’ll have no one to rely on to take the kids and that sort of pressure isn’t good. They cannot go to her parents’ home because her father is not permitted to be around the kids.

It really is a difficult situation and I hope there’s somebody - a wise and kind judge perhaps - who will make sure those two precious kids are safe and cared for body, mind and spirit.

• Love 2
On 6/12/2018 at 8:21 AM, zenme said:

I was just curious. Why is the father not allowed alone with the kids? Does he have a drinking problem, as well? 

In Season 1 when Kathryn took Thomas to her house there was a whole segment on how no one in her family drank after the death of a grandfather or great-grandfather at the hands of Al Capone during prohibition. He was evidently a rum runner who was killed. I got the impression that neither mom or dad drank (at least not publicly)

• Love 2

Maybe they dont. i know TONS of southerners  here in NC and also in GA that Say they dont drink and be whoopin it up at home.

They just dont drink In Public.  Its to keep up appearances. Its quite the Southern Baptist thing.

No Judgement, I dont care if folks drink... thats just how it is . Seen with my own eyes. IT is Hypocrisy at its funniest. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ozzy said:

Maybe they dont. i know TONS of southerners  here in NC and also in GA that Say they dont drink and be whoopin it up at home.

They just dont drink In Public.  Its to keep up appearances. Its quite the Southern Baptist thing.

No Judgement, I dont care if folks drink... thats just how it is . Seen with my own eyes. IT is Hypocrisy at its funniest. 

Yeah that was what I meant by my last statement. Those holy roller types will talk about how they don't drink, then are awash in vodka and gin at home in large glasses with a little splash of color. My aunt from NC used to call it her "sippy-poo".

• Love 1
On 6/14/2018 at 11:27 AM, Rlb8031 said:

Yeah that was what I meant by my last statement. Those holy roller types will talk about how they don't drink, then are awash in vodka and gin at home in large glasses with a little splash of color. My aunt from NC used to call it her "sippy-poo".

My late grandmother, a devout Southern Baptist from Kentucky did this; claimed she didn’t drink and was proud of it. But you’d better believe that whenever my brother and I stayed with her on a weekend as kids, she had a big plastic cup filled with RC cola and so much Jack Daniels added that we could smell it from a mile away. She never let on, but we always knew it—when she passed away a few years ago, we found tons of bottles of her precious secret nectar stashed all over her house. Grammy “didn’t drink” yet she sure seemed to keep a lot of liquor around for those secret nips. It’s just an old Southern habit, since it was considered rather unseemly to broadcast one’s drinking habits back in the day.

Something tells me that given Kathryn’s immediate tendency to turn it up, her dad probably enjoyed the hooch on the DL too.

Although it still makes me smirk when I think back to Thomas’s first visit to Kathryn’s homeplace and seeing his face the entire time—-he looked so hilariously uncomfortable that you could tell he needed something much stronger than just sweet tea!