Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Jennv said:

It was Judy that said it. She said "I don't really like her" I had convinced myself that I misheard and she actually said " I really like her" until you posted this.

I think she said “I just still really like her” but the closed captions said “don’t” 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

I remember watching it real time and thinking: oops Judy forgot about the cameras for a second. I heard “I don’t really like her.” I just looked again on my Dvr and turned captions on. Both my captions and my ears heard “don’t.”  Who am I going to believe my lying ears or my lying captions? 

Not calling you out, personally. Just saying if it walks, sounds and looks like a duck... 

Closed captioning is notorious for being wrong. I just went back and watched the scene. Judy said "I still really like her". It's pretty clear because Kelli nodded in agreement and since she had just got done telling Alexandria how much of a fan she was of her unless she lied right to her face, her agreeing with "I don't really like her" makes no sense.

Edited by lizzi6692
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, lizzi6692 said:

Closed captioning is notorious for being wrong. I just went back and watched the scene. Judy said "I still really like her". It's pretty clear because Kelli nodded in agreement and since she had just got done telling Alexandria how much of a fan she was of her, so unless she lied right to her face, her agreeing with "I don't really like her" makes no sense.

On the TV - your group leader is Kashara.  On closed captioning - your group leader is Erica.

• Love 10
On 8/5/2018 at 11:06 PM, KTUCKER20 said:

I really like Christina and for the life of me can't understand the hate. Her interview on I think it was These Boots Are Made For Talking made me like her more. Each time she didn't make it she learned a little more about what it took. She didn't blame anyone, just took the advice and progressed. I think she did great on the field last year as well.

I agree with you, I think she is an intelligent gal and would probably be wonderful at personal appearances, interviews, etc. I was delighted when she made the team.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, PWBlackburn said:

I don't know if anyone has looked this up or posted it but there is a YouTube episode where they talked to 3 different dancers that was posted 2 years ago and VK was one of them. It's interesting and maybe brings a different perspective to VK. I will say her mother's attitude and some of the info shared here have really turned me off of her in the show, so it will be interesting to see how things play out on the show and potentially throughout the DCC season.

The older girls were just jealous...LOL she pulled a Gina :)  The best part:

image.png.dd43b4f16a18d88ba815d19cfc7a71fc.png

Yeah, it's "definitely hard" to deal with favoritism when you're not the one being favored.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Taralightner said:

So, no matter how you slice it, this “drama” is putting the brand at risk. Yes, the revenue from the show is huge for the DCC org, but is that revenue worth possibly losing the public’s approval of: “Often imitated, never equaled?”

I hate it when the announcer at the games says that. Especially the part about being internationally acclaimed. As good as they are, I do not think a one of them would last an episode of SYTYCD.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

I hate it when the announcer at the games says that. Especially the part about being internationally acclaimed. As good as they are, I do not think a one of them would last an episode of SYTYCD.

Sighhhhhh... Holly would have .  

• Love 15
11 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Over rated. You are missing nothing. I went to one in Ft. Myers last week and it was meh. Plus, no drink refills. Their sweet tea is pretty bomb, though.

Our local location in Texas gives you refills. You just have to take your cup back up and the cashier fills it up.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

29 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Sighhhhhh... Holly would have .  

IIRC, Holly made it to Vegas but was cut. A couple of the other gals also tried out with similar results. Tasha, maybe? My brain is rusty this morning  

Curious if Holly tried again how she would do. A few years of experience can make a huge difference. 

• Love 10

Can't wait for the squad to be announced... Wonder how they will announce it this year. I'm hoping all of the vets make it back and I'm pulling for Erin, Madeline, Jalyn, Briana, Victoria, Lily, Hannah, Ashlee, Brennan, Malena, Cianna, Gabby, Rachel and Daphne as rookies out of those left. If Madeline Molloy makes it there will be two Madeline Ms on the squad. Lol wonder what her twitter handle will be. Probably dcc_madelineM. We may have two Rachels also lol, may get confusing when referencing them.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

On the TV - your group leader is Kashara.  On closed captioning - your group leader is Erica.

I just watched this episode on Amazon last night and my version says Erica and shows Kashara ?

15 minutes ago, kalibean said:

IIRC, Holly made it to Vegas but was cut. A couple of the other gals also tried out with similar results. Tasha, maybe? My brain is rusty this morning  

Curious if Holly tried again how she would do. A few years of experience can make a huge difference. 

I was just about to say that I thought Holly did try to get on SYTYCD and didn’t make it very far. That’s not to put her down. She’s a fantastic dancer, but there are lots of fantastic dancers out there. 

When I think of a DCC who most has/had the skill set to do be successful in the dance industry generally, Olivia (Kitty’s ex DIL) comes to mind.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

So Meredith did not make It to training camp?  The one Kelli said was her girl crush?

Not camp. A previous poster said she did make it to finals tho. 

55 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

When I think of a DCC who most has/had the skill set to do be successful in the dance industry generally, Olivia (Kitty’s ex DIL) comes to mind.

I think of Jacie.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Over rated. You are missing nothing. I went to one in Ft. Myers last week and it was meh. Plus, no drink refills. Their sweet tea is pretty bomb, though.

My dad has a home in Ft. Myers so if you live there..........ME JEALOUS !  I want waffle fries now..   By the way the worst TCC ever was Carla from season 7

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

My least favorite of all time was Kali Fullerton, I could not stand her & all that bawling.  I'll take a TC full of Vivians over one Kali.

But NO MORE POEMS?

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, ByTor said:

My least favorite of all time was Kali Fullerton, I could not stand her & all that bawling.  I'll take a TC full of Vivians over one Kali.

And her hair and makeup aged her also. I know I am no beauty queen myself, and I keep going back and forth on how long I want my hair, and I do not wear makeup at all, but Kali needs to cut the hair and tone down the makeup a little. I think she made it to TC the second time because she was a Kelli pet/favorite.

18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

No Tin Man......OMG, pleeeeeze No Tin Man #owmyeyes

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Taralightner said:

That’s what professional athletes do. I agree it’s a BIG ASK for such small pay, but if you want to be a successful DCC, that’s what you have to do. I say, there’s lots of jobs for great dancers... DCC is a wonderful opportunity, and it opens doors, but all of that needs to be weighed with the sacrifices required.  Dancers on Broadway are contractually obligated to take dance classes outside of their show rehearsals. 

Yes that’s what I mean... if they’re trying for something bigger in the future, then yed dcc is a good stepping stone with the classes and appearances and I get the physical strain. But if your aim is to find a husband or just have a side gig, it seems like too much effort.

13 hours ago, Stee said:

Back to the topic (even though I love ChikFila), it’s really Kelli, Judy and Charlotte’s decision about who they chose: we don’t have to agree with them, or maybe we don’t see other positive qualities that aren’t shown on MTT (like kids camps or hospital visits). 

So if Kelli is okay to have a jiggly 18 year old s****** dancer who constantly breaks formation because she loves attention and/or lacks control and spatial awareness, well then good luck to the girls of season 13!  Maybe her friendship with Tina Kalina will blind Kelli to the fact that Victoria missed her yardline, and the triangle is looking a bit hexagonal!! 

Like the other poster who said she wanted to see Brennan cut, I’m here for the drama!  36 perfectly talented, sweet girls would make a lovely sisterhood but an incredibly boring tv show. And would also make for an equally boring message board!

I love you.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

1 hour ago, ByTor said:
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I think of Jacie.

Both great pics IMO, I would add Emma, Erica and Holly (I don’t like what either Erica or Holly did, but their dance and performance are amazing).

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I was just about to say that I thought Holly did try to get on SYTYCD and didn’t make it very far. That’s not to put her down. She’s a fantastic dancer, but there are lots of fantastic dancers out there. 

She made top 40. Pretty phenomenal I think. ☺️

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

Honestly, if Kelli was that torn up about Brennan last year, pick up the phone, call her and put her in the team the day Alexandria quits. She is the boss, seems simple enough to me.

I have no doubt there are all sorts of behind the scenes shenanigans that go on with CMT. What I don’t believe is that doing them puts Kelli at risk — I think it is the opposite. Making the Team is a cash cow for the organization — they have way more to lose if the show is not successful. The actual team they put out on the field is kind of second fiddle these days.

By that same token, when Jinelle had to fly to Australia to renew her visa and then turn right around and get back to Dallas in time for the start of training camp, Kelli could have told her that she could skip the solos since she was not in jeopardy of making the team, but she didn't.  Kelli is the only DCC in history who was ever invited back without trying out and she's going to remain the only DCC in history who was ever invited back without trying out, dangit!

Wasn't there a debacle a couple of years ago with someone who had been cut before training camp being called up to replace someone who quit?  I can't remember details.  I think the girl had short, reddish hair? 

1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

Both great pics IMO, I would add Emma, Erica and Holly (I don’t like what either Erica or Holly did, but their dance and performance are amazing).

Emma was awesome.  One of my favorite DCC’s ever.  Such a great dancer and so pretty.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Wasn't there a debacle a couple of years ago with someone who had been cut before training camp being called up to replace someone who quit?  I can't remember details.  I think the girl had short, reddish hair? 

Yes, it was the pageant sisters, Kenley and Lacey Minchew who left and they called back Kaime Oteeter but she didn’t make the squad. She went on to be a Dallas Stars ice girl. 

Edited by Trixi
Spelling

But @TRIXI and @TINABEE1967, A Lucid Dream and the Tin Man brought about oodles of excellent snark!

I had a lucid dream --

There was a man, a man made out of tin.

He danced and clanked and shimmered in the light, oh how bright!

And then I knew how to become A Star.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

M-Th

I'm thinking the squad should be announced (at least to the girls) by no later than Thursday.  Depending on what happens, we'll likely hear of a squad that has either 36, 38 or 40 girls.  We'll see.

• Love 2

I'm in TN and have Titans season tickets 7 rows  from the field from the cheerleaders. During her entire tenure I was always bothered by Briana's performances. To quote DCC judges remarks already spoken, consistently she lacked power, seemed essentially bored and never hardly smileed (Titans cheerleaders can't hold a candle to DCC, naturally). Pulling for Briana to make it and I think she will to help diversity, but I just want  all of the off-season improvement efforts to pay off. I want her to SMILE and not looked apathetic. Much luck, Briana if you read this! 

Edited by DKay
Again, crossing fingers & pulling for Briana; hoping she improved & is maybe cut off in the pic. Question: Where is Paris? Am I missing her in the pic? Didn't she make TC?
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Trixi said:

Yes, it was the pageant sisters, Kenley and Lacey Minchew who left and they called back Kaime Oteeter but she didn’t make the squad. She went on to be a Dallas Stars ice girl. 

And didn't one of them try out again?  What was she thinking?

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

And didn't one of them try out again?  What was she thinking?

Both of those girls came across as extremely sheltered and privileged. Due to her looks and dance background, as well as her promiseeee to put DCC first this time around, I wouldn't be surprised if the one who came back thought she'd be welcomed in essentially where she left off without too much question.

Edit to add - I think this is the reason I love Brennan and other "comeback" girls so much. I like the ones who are prepared to work hard and don't expect anything. 

Edited by PollyHowell
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, dancerforlife said:

That being said, I wouldn’t mind it if Brennan is cut, regardless of how many times she’s auditioned. For one, it WOULD be dramatic. But two, she’s just not facially a DCC...and she’s no powerhouse to make up for her looks like Maddie, or she would have already made it. IMHO there’s no way she she can be that much stronger than the other rookie candidates—who are MUCH more attractive—to edge them out. 

I get what you're saying about Brennan's look because she doesn't look like the generic DCC, but it's also a part of what makes her stand out.  Really, the only part of this (and other, similar, statements) that I have issues with is cutting someone just to cut them, at least in the world of the DCC.  I can't like that for some reason.  I could see that on any show in the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise, Big Brother or the Biggest Loser type shows where it's scripted to the point it's no longer a "reality" show and actually belongs in the "alternate" reality category, but I can't see that happening with the DCC.  Charlotte MIGHT consider it, but I doubt Kelli or Judy would.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I looked at someone’s insta and the announcement was on August 18th last year. I think it was when I watched that video of Kalyssa’s. ? minutes of my life I can’t get back.

I don't think that's when the team was announced, but rather when they had their friends and family night, and when the girls were allowed to post on social media that they had made it.  The team announcement, team photo, etc. had to have been before then.  

Just now, EricaShadows said:

I get what you're saying about Brennan's look because she doesn't look like the generic DCC, but it's also a part of what makes her stand out.  Really, the only part of this (and other, similar, statements) that I have issues with is cutting someone just to cut them.  I can't like that for some reason.  I could see that on any show in the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise, Big Brother or the Biggest Loser type shows where it's scripted to the point it's no longer a "reality" show and actually belongs in the "alternate" reality category, but I can't see that happening with the DCC.  Charlotte MIGHT consider it, but I doubt Kelli or Judy would.

"Dramatic" would be cutting VK on the last night.  She'd be the built-in comeback story line for next year.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dancerforlife said:

IMHO there’s no way she she can be that much stronger than the other rookie candidates—who are MUCH more attractive—to edge them out. 

IMO she's a hell of a lot prettier than Vicky.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, dancerforlife said:

EXACTLY, reality TV shows SHOULD be dramatic. There are supposed to be tears. And anyone who didn’t want to be part of that knew it was a reality tv show when they auditioned. 

That being said, I wouldn’t mind it if Brennan is cut, regardless of how many times she’s auditioned. For one, it WOULD be dramatic. But two, she’s just not facially a DCC...and she’s no powerhouse to make up for her looks like Maddie, or she would have already made it. IMHO there’s no way she she can be that much stronger than the other rookie candidates—who are MUCH more attractive—to edge them out. 

I have to agree with everything you said- I'm just not a fan of Brennan. I personally don't even agree with Kelli about regretting not choosing her for the team. Yes, what Kalyssa and Alexandria did by leaving the team was wrong, but they were deserving of their spots when they were placed on the team (not that that has been the argument, just stating my opinion)- for obvious reasons, they decided last season that Brennan didn't have what it takes to make the team.    Her facials are too "forced and desperate" and as another mentioned - "she looks like she's smelling a fart".  She's not a bad dancer, but she always looks strained and again "desperate".  I don't think she can handle it.   

• Love 5

I was pulling for Brennen last year and thought she came back strong. It's great to see her featured. I really liked her hair that way at tryouts. She was a stand out at auditions. Go Brennan! Be confident and strong! I really liked that Kelly talked about the two that dropped. I think it adds to the show giving us insight on their decision making process. I like to see the girls take Judy's advice to work hard and try again. It's also great to see Natalie Woods is a producer. I really liked her both years she auditioned. Brennan reminds me of Natalie, poised, classy and mature.

• Love 12