Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, JayDKay said:

Looks like it! She posted another saying 'thankful for my friends' and it looks like she is having a wine. So how many are left now of Kristin has been cut? 

Oh man! I liked her look but I’ve not seen her dance so can’t comment other than she’s pretty. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Oh man! I liked her look but I’ve not seen her dance so can’t comment other than she’s pretty. 

Here's her solo,she won a Barbie so she must have good technique and be a great performer.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Here's her solo,she won a Barbie so she must have good technique and be a great performer.  

Thanks for that. Now I remember her from prelims, the black sparkly outfit. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Annette said:

Not comfortable naming who until she releases her status.

IMO - EXTREMELY strong dancers trying out this season.

2 legacies; BOTH not ready figure wise. I think when you try out...you should be at your physical best.

My eyes don't lie, sorry.

Annette you sound like you have some first hand knowledge. If the TCC's are as strong as you say, do you feel like there may be more veterans cut?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, DBAAT said:

Also, during one of the auditions, she was recovering from knee surgery. She was messing up a lot. Jay actually said that if it were anyone else, they wouldn't have been able to use that as an excuse to not do well. That they should be judged on what they could do at that particular time. She obviously got special treatment because she made it back.

Not a big Cassie fan but I have to side with the judges on bringing her back. She was injured while on tour for the Cowboys. Badly injured. She was a vet and a group leader. If I was on that panel, I would have voted yes.

• Love 14

Considering injuries and what happened last year with so many of the squad quitting during the season, it would make sense to have a bigger squad this year. Everyone is saying great talent showed up. Why not make a bigger squad instead of having former vets always having to fill in?

Emma and Jennifer and someone else (I can’t remember who) filled in a lot over the past few years. It makes sense to me but what do I know?

• Love 3

1. Do the people dropping the inside knowledge about what Victoria said, what she did, who she met with, etc. ever have info on anyone else in training camp? Just asking, since inside info has been scarce.

2. It's interesting that Kelli did not include Gaebri Anderson in her comment about legacies.

3. If anyone cares, I updated the list of finalists with all 82 names. It's in the 2018 Finals/Training Camp Candidates List Spoilers Only thread.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Middlemom said:

Annette you sound like you have some first hand knowledge. If the TCC's are as strong as you say, do you feel like there may be more veterans cut?

No cuts tonight. 

Either a bloodbath or a large team...soon.

• Love 6

Did we ever find out who the cut was last night? A lot of people are saying it was Kristin based on the fact that she was at an icecream shop today while veterans were practicing, but I never say any photos of the TCC at practice today. So were the TCC even there?

16 minutes ago, CheerGoddess said:

Did we ever find out who the cut was last night? A lot of people are saying it was Kristin based on the fact that she was at an icecream shop today while veterans were practicing, but I never say any photos of the TCC at practice today. So were the TCC even there?

Nobody has really said all just spectacultion in what she is posting on ig 

1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

2. It's interesting that Kelli did not include Gaebri Anderson in her comment about legacies.

Isn't she Evan's sister?  I thought to be a legacy your Mom had to be a DCC.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Isn't she Evan's sister?  I thought to be a legacy your Mom had to be a DCC.

I don't know. Were Alyssa Torres and Crystal Trevino referred to as legacies? I don't remember. I thought the DCC subscribed to the same definition of legacies as sororities do.

7 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I don't know. Were Alyssa Torres and Crystal Trevino referred to as legacies? I don't remember. I thought the DCC subscribed to the same definition of legacies as sororities do.

Shelly referred to the daughters as legacies, not sisters

On 8/3/2018 at 10:01 PM, Taralightner said:

Can you sign up for another iTunes account and choose the US as your country default? Or, can you change your account to a US default temporarily? If you need a US address, IM me... you can use my address. 

I know you can have a billing address that is different than your user address. 

Or do this same thing with a new Amazon prime account? 

I know this is late, but there is ONE major problem with that. I know this because I did this myself, living in the UK myself. But the thing with iTunes is that if you watch any videos from an account, registered to ANOTHER country is that you cannot "switch back" to watching videos from itunes from ANOTHER country for 3 months on "that" device you chose to download or watch the video on. Yes I am sure because I have my "original" (aka my UK iTunes account and I made a US iTunes account (this was before I found a website that allows me to watch DCC for free, but that website has its own probs etc ofc) and I bought season 7 or 8 (the one with the brides special) on my US iTunes account and when I watched that episode on my iphone (I did not even download the episode but was "streaming" from icloud etc, after purchasing the season etc, I got a message saying  if I wish to proceed in watching I cannot switch back to downloading or watching movies/tv shows from the UK iTunes account (or anything from another country's iTunes account) for 90 days. So that is the main problem with that.

So I wouldn't suggest buying from US iTunes account unless you have a device that you don't really "care" about not having to watch anything from where you live like me where I got an ipad and iphone so was willing to use my iPhone to watch DCC from the US iTunes and watch my purchases video/movies etc on my ipad etc. I know that buying from US iTunes is "more reliable" that Amazon etc. But I don't know much about doing the same thing from US Amazon tho, as I have not tried that (didn't really want to "waste money" on that knowing that amazon cuts scenes and changes music for copyright - which I understand - etc.  It is a dead good idea tho. I myself have been watching DCC on this free website I managed to find so its great, saves me buying it etc and it usually does upload within a few hours after the show is shown.

Also those of you that was commenting that VK had that scholoship and saying it would have costed 40-50k per year, but just looking at AMDA's website, that price goes up EVERY YEAR, so just saying maybe a few years ago maybe the scholarship may have been less than what it currently is? Ok I know it would still be over that 20k but surely when VK got that scholarship it would prob be like 40k (IF she was living away from home) and not around the 50k mark. From the AMDA site it seems its like 1/2k per year rise in cost etc. I just laugh that some on here thinks it cost "the same" every year, prices of everything goes up every year. 

I wonder what questions K + J is asking the girls this years esp after Alexandria, Milan and Kalayssa all left after the team was announced. I hope that K + J is asking the girls questions like "why do you really want to be a DCC, is it really a "dream" of yours to  be a DCC or are you saying its been a dream to be a DCC  because we are being filmed and you are REALLY using the cameras "to gain your 15 min of fame" and gain a tv career out of it?"

• Love 1
7 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

I know this is late, but there is ONE major problem with that. I know this because I did this myself, living in the UK myself. But the thing with iTunes is that if you watch any videos from an account, registered to ANOTHER country is that you cannot "switch back" to watching videos from itunes from ANOTHER country for 3 months on "that" device you chose to download or watch the video on. Yes I am sure because I have my "original" (aka my UK iTunes account and I made a US iTunes account (this was before I found a website that allows me to watch DCC for free, but that website has its own probs etc ofc) and I bought season 7 or 8 (the one with the brides special) on my US iTunes account and when I watched that episode on my iphone (I did not even download the episode but was "streaming" from icloud etc, after purchasing the season etc, I got a message saying  if I wish to proceed in watching I cannot switch back to downloading or watching movies/tv shows from the UK iTunes account (or anything from another country's iTunes account) for 90 days. So that is the main problem with that.

So I wouldn't suggest buying from US iTunes account unless you have a device that you don't really "care" about not having to watch anything from where you live like me where I got an ipad and iphone so was willing to use my iPhone to watch DCC from the US iTunes and watch my purchases video/movies etc on my ipad etc. I know that buying from US iTunes is "more reliable" that Amazon etc. But I don't know much about doing the same thing from US Amazon tho, as I have not tried that (didn't really want to "waste money" on that knowing that amazon cuts scenes and changes music for copyright - which I understand - etc.  It is a dead good idea tho. I myself have been watching DCC on this free website I managed to find so its great, saves me buying it etc and it usually does upload within a few hours after the show is shown.

Also those of you that was commenting that VK had that scholoship and saying it would have costed 40-50k per year, but just looking at AMDA's website, that price goes up EVERY YEAR, so just saying maybe a few years ago maybe the scholarship may have been less than what it currently is? Ok I know it would still be over that 20k but surely when VK got that scholarship it would prob be like 40k (IF she was living away from home) and not around the 50k mark. From the AMDA site it seems its like 1/2k per year rise in cost etc. I just laugh that some on here thinks it cost "the same" every year, prices of everything goes up every year. 

I wonder what questions K + J is asking the girls this years esp after Alexandria, Milan and Kalayssa all left after the team was announced. I hope that K + J is asking the girls questions like "why do you really want to be a DCC, is it really a "dream" of yours to  be a DCC or are you saying its been a dream to be a DCC  because we are being filmed and you are REALLY using the cameras "to gain your 15 min of fame" and gain a tv career out of it?"

@Anita- I wanted to make sure you saw this. @CrazyEve- Anita was the poster asking the question, and as it seems I steered her the wrong way, I wanted to make sure she got this information. And, Anita, it looks like Eve found a website that works! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

@Anita- I wanted to make sure you saw this. @CrazyEve- Anita was the poster asking the question, and as it seems I steered her the wrong way, I wanted to make sure she got this information. And, Anita, it looks like Eve found a website that works! 

I private messaged Anita with the website as I thought I'd go off topic if I posted the link to website (of where to watch from the UK) in this thread. 

Edited by CrazyEve
  • Love 1

In the opening video they show the judges before prelims, is that Melissa or Amy Mo at point?  It does not look like Kashara.  

And I love that Nick Flores looks like he wants to freestyle with them.   

Edited by English Teacher
  • Love 3

There is a video on DCC:MTT Facebook page with rookie Lindsay getting her hair makeover. She looks just like the majority of the girls with the same hair cut and style. I wish they would something different with the girls' hair.

7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

There is a video on DCC:MTT Facebook page with rookie Lindsay getting her hair makeover. She looks just like the majority of the girls with the same hair cut and style. I wish they would something different with the girls' hair.

That was Taylor t 

13 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

That was Taylor t 

You are right! Sorry for the goof. They said Lindsay the hairstylist not Lindsay the rookie candidate. Bad headache and putting in eye ointment in both eyes for dry eyes and to prevent an eye infection before looking at the video. Still have a little blurry vision due to the eye ointment.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

You are right! Sorry for the goof. They said Lindsay the hairstylist not Lindsay the rookie candidate. Bad headache and putting in eye ointment in both eyes for dry eyes and to prevent an eye infection before looking at the video. Still have a little blurry vision due to the eye ointment.

It’s all good :) 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

I private messaged Anita with the website as I thought I'd go off topic if I posted the link to website (of where to watch from the UK) in this thread. 

Do you know how to watch in Canada?  iTunes Canada, Amazon Canada and cmt don’t offer the show in Canada and iTunes US and amazon US don’t allow access from here either!

38 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

30 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

That was Taylor t 

I'm glad they choose one of the blonde rookie candidates that WASN'T Victoria.  It would have been worse for Victoria than it already is if she appears in more than just the promos and what coverage she gets on the show.  Granted, she might not have much choice in the matter, but, then again, she could jump at the chance to be featured more than she already is (thinking it would help her get on the team and not just basing it off her connections).  I hope she's ready for what's coming if she makes the squad; her, Tina, Kelli and the DCC organization.

Any word on who was cut Friday night?

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm glad they choose one of the blonde rookie candidates that WASN'T Victoria.  It would have been worse for Victoria than it already is if she appears in more than just the promos and what coverage she gets on the show.  Granted, she might not have much choice in the matter, but, then again, she could jump at the chance to be featured more than she already is (thinking it would help her get on the team and not just basing it off her connections).  I hope she's ready for what's coming if she makes the squad; her, Tina, Kelli and the DCC organization.

Any word on who was cut Friday night?

Kristin was cut. she posted on instagram

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MamaV said:

Do you know how to watch in Canada?  iTunes Canada, Amazon Canada and cmt don’t offer the show in Canada and iTunes US and amazon US don’t allow access from here either!

I don't sorry.

The US iTunes, you can watch it on there if you did what a previous poster said, and make a us account but based on the info that I found out from my US account I actually put the address of a hotel on the address and bought US Gift cards to purchase the DCC Seasons. (I cant actually put my bank card details on that account because its registered to my UK address etc and the billing address needs to be the same as the "home" address on the account). But I wouldn't use the US iTunes unless (like I previously said) you are willing to not be able to watch any videos/tv shows you purchased (on your original account eg your Canadian iTunes account etc) via downloads or iclouds, on that specific device. But I will message you with the site that I sent Anita via PM tho.

7 hours ago, English Teacher said:

In the opening video they show the judges before prelims, is that Melissa or Amy Mo at point?  It does not look like Kashara.  

And I love that Nick Flores looks like he wants to freestyle with them.   

I noticed this also and thought it was Melissa. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I can only imagine what it feels like for a group leader to lose one of their rookie candidates.  It must be emotionally hard.  Especially this late in the game.

From The sounds of it reading all the comments on her post she might be re auditioning next year 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

Ugh, hopefully not. Brennan is one of the worst rookie candidates since Morgan. 

Um. no she's not.  I would give that award to Breelan, Christina, POSSIBLY Victoria (but only at this stage of Training Camp), Amy A. and a few others.  People already know my opinion of Victoria and Christina so I won't go into more detail (since I've done so multiple times already).  However, if anyone else gets cut from Training Camp, I would nominate Victoria, Christina and whoever is the weakest of the remaining rookie Candidates.  That is, if Kelli and Judy want a squad of 36.  If they want 38, cut Victoria and Christina (going from 40 to 38).

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 9