Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, HateWatcher said:

"The worlds top professional dance team" STFU MRS -  It's The Paris Opera Ballet, you uncultured dimwit.

I think there's a big difference between the terms: dance team and dance company and professional ballet companies.  They really can’t really be compared in my opinion. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

23 vets 2 got cut so that’s 21 if all vets make it threw training camp so that would leave spots for 15 rookies 

Right, but before prelims, no one knows that two vets would be cut. Also, people are saying that Kelli’s announcement that at least 13 would make it, assumes that she’s leaving room for potential vet cuts, but the raw numbers show that she’s not. 23 + 13 is 36- the stated goal for the final team. 

I personally think that they are going to end up with 40 this year, but that’s just my opinion. The last time I said that here (over a week ago) I was shouted down. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Right, but before prelims, no one knows that two vets would be cut. Also, people are saying that Kelli’s announcement that at least 13 would make it, assumes that she’s leaving room for potential vet cuts, but the raw numbers show that she’s not. 23 + 13 is 36- the stated goal for the final team. 

I personally think that they are going to end up with 40 this year, but that’s just my opinion. The last time I said that here (over a week ago) I was shouted down. 

I think there will be a bigger squad to 

i know there was a cut last night but not sure who or how many 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

For what it's worth, after watching the episode last night, I totally believe it.

Ive been watching this show since day one. It’s always SO obvious who they favor. Sometimes work relationships are competitive and complicated. I can see her favoring a friend over a coworker too. 

• Love 1

I think the squad will be 36 girls. They tried squads with 39 girls in Seasons 7 and 8, and I think Kelli was saying no more to 39 girls on the squad. Season 9 had 36 girls and Season 10 had 34 girls. In my opinion, the bigger squads are a thing of the past or until the show is finally cancelled.

Not comfortable naming who until she releases her status.

IMO - EXTREMELY strong dancers trying out this season.

2 legacies; BOTH not ready figure wise. I think when you try out...you should be at your physical best.

My eyes don't lie, sorry.

Edited by Annette
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Annette said:

I'm going to state 2 things.

Brennan was not cut nor was Victoria. This cut wasn't a familiar fan fav either.

I'm certain this dancer will reveal herself soon.

Was it Cianna?

Oh my gosh finally a cut!!! Who who who!

if not a familiar fan fav, I’m thinking Lilly, Kristen, Cianna, Ashlee, or maybe Bridget? Just from the girls we haven’t talked about much, not based on dance 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Annette said:

Brennan was not cut nor was Victoria. This cut wasn't a familiar fan fav either.

I’m wondering about Hannah. Was she even shown on ep 1? I don’t recall seeing her. Is she good?

7 hours ago, KeepitTiki said:

Nothing against VK personally but some of her prep class videos are available on her Instagram. Imo she’s spastic and not enjoyable to watch, with any style of dance. I can honestly say I have never watched a video of any current or former DCC’s and felt as uncomfortable as I do watching VK dance. Today I may be biased but I felt this way even the first time I watched, when I first started lurking here and I didn’t really know who or what her mother was like. That said, if her dancing in training camp is anything like the videos she’s posted, I’m more inclined to believe she’s been guaranteed a spot.

Thank you! I feel like I’m going crazy because I dislike her based on dancing-don’t care who her mother is or that she’s a legacy per se. I don’t see how she could be any better in tc when she has been this awkward in every single class she’s been taking in 2 years.

Also, we have been commenting on the fact that she always pushes her way to the top and she totally got into the other girl’s spot, but Kelli acted like it was the poor girl’s fault.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Thank you! I feel like I’m going crazy because I dislike her based on dancing-don’t care who her mother is or that she’s a legacy per se. I don’t see how she could be any better in tc when she has been this awkward in every single class she’s been taking in 2 years.

Also, we have been commenting on the fact that she always pushes her way to the top and she totally got into the other girl’s spot, but Kelli acted like it was the poor girl’s fault.

Thank you. The videos she has posted are not at all impressive, and from the tone of the first show it certainly seems like Kelli is going to try to convince everyone that the girl is God's gift to dance. Probably to justify her being there. If you tell a lie enough times everyone, including yourself, will start to believe it.

• Love 9

Did the girl who Kelli was gushing about (brunette she said was her favorite) make training camp? I don't remember the girl's name. 

Hmm.... a cut who we don't know much about? Lily? Cianna? Frankly, I don't much about most of them, but I don't remember either of their names much on the boards. 

Just now, Jess14 said:

Did the girl who Kelli was gushing about (brunette she said was her favorite) make training camp? I don't remember the girl's name. 

Hmm.... a cut who we don't know much about? Lily? Cianna? Frankly, I don't much about most of them, but I don't remember either of their names much on the boards. 

Her name was Meredith and she didn’t make camp but not sure if she got thru semis either. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Her name was Meredith and she didn’t make camp but not sure if she got thru semis either. 

I think she made it to finals but not to TC.

27 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Thank you. The videos she has posted are not at all impressive, and from the tone of the first show it certainly seems like Kelli is going to try to convince everyone that the girl is God's gift to dance. Probably to justify her being there. If you tell a lie enough times everyone, including yourself, will start to believe it.

I was not that turned off by her performance.  There are those who are not as powerful or energetic who have made the team.

52 minutes ago, Trixi said:

I’m wondering about Hannah. Was she even shown on ep 1? I don’t recall seeing her. Is she good?

I saw her in the line of ladies who were talking about their education, she was the one with the Masters.  Also, what I saw of her dancing was very short, but impressive.  If I am thinking of the right person. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I've not been a Victoria fan myself since I found out she was auditioning.  I've watched videos of everyone dancing that I could and, to me, Victoria's the weakest of the bunch that's left.  Granted, in certain areas, you've got to do your best to get noticed, especially in a large group, but, at this point of Training Camp, they've been in much smaller groups, so she should be much stronger than she is.  I found Victoria's dancing to be okay.  I'd have been more impressed with the AMDA scholarship and such if it trained and turned out AMAZING dancers that went on to do great things, but I haven't of many, if any, who've gone there and been successful without additional training.  She seems to push her way to the front of the group, not to get attention and correction (if required) but to get attention and get her ego stroked.  From what I've heard, and it fits in with what I've seen, she has a sense of entitlement, that she should get a spot on the squad just for gracing auditions (but is certainly willing to take advantage of her mom's connections if it would guarantee her a spot), that she won't get cut no matter what she does (including gaining weight and acting like a child instead of a young professional dancer), etc.  Guaranteed, if she pulled any of the things we've been hearing about in the real world of dancer (where her mother couldn't get her an in), Victoria would be laughed out of the auditions.

I suspect Victoria will make the squad, but I REALLY hope Kelli, Tina, Victoria, and the rest are ready for the sh*t-storm headed their way because, if they thought what Cassie faced was bad, this will be worse.  I wouldn't be surprised if Victoria quit in tears because of it (mainly because she'll go into this thinking that everyone loves her, she's the bestest, the greatest, the fan favorite, etc. only to find out that a lot of people will think she got on the squad because of her mom, that she's not nearly as talented as other girls who were cut, etc.).  If she makes it through everything with grace, poise, and tact (and a very thick skin), she just might become a better person because of it.

I'm willing to give her a chance and hope that she proves me wrong on every point I mentioned so I'm watching to see what happens.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I've not been a Victoria fan myself since I found out she was auditioning.  I've watched videos of everyone dancing that I could and, to me, Victoria's the weakest of the bunch that's left.  Granted, in certain areas, you've got to do your best to get noticed, especially in a large group, but, at this point of Training Camp, they've been in much smaller groups, so she should be much stronger than she is.  I found Victoria's dancing to be okay.  I'd have been more impressed with the AMDA scholarship and such if it trained and turned out AMAZING dancers that went on to do great things, but I haven't of many, if any, who've gone there and been successful without additional training.  She seems to push her way to the front of the group, not to get attention and correction (if required) but to get attention and get her ego stroked.  From what I've heard, and it fits in with what I've seen, she has a sense of entitlement, that she should get a spot on the squad just for gracing auditions (but is certainly willing to take advantage of her mom's connections if it would guarantee her a spot), that she won't get cut no matter what she does (including gaining weight and acting like a child instead of a young professional dancer), etc.  Guaranteed, if she pulled any of the things we've been hearing about in the real world of dancer (where her mother couldn't get her an in), Victoria would be laughed out of the auditions.

I suspect Victoria will make the squad, but I REALLY hope Kelli, Tina, Victoria, and the rest are ready for the sh*t-storm headed their way because, if they thought what Cassie faced was bad, this will be worse.  I wouldn't be surprised if Victoria quit in tears because of it (mainly because she'll go into this thinking that everyone loves her, she's the bestest, the greatest, the fan favorite, etc. only to find out that a lot of people will think she got on the squad because of her mom, that she's not nearly as talented as other girls who were cut, etc.).  If she makes it through everything with grace, poise, and tact (and a very thick skin), she just might become a better person because of it.

I'm willing to give her a chance and hope that she proves me wrong on every point I mentioned so I'm watching to see what happens.

I see VK going social media dark before she'd quit. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Annette said:

Those 2 are 100% in...not sure why everyone Is questioning it...

• Love 3

Brennan is the only girl who I'd want to be 100% in because she's EARNED it.  Victoria will only be the second girl in the history of the squad whose qualifications for the squad will always be questioned when she makes it.  I'll probably be shouted down for this, but I want Victoria to get cut, to improve and to come back and knock our socks off to show that being cut lit a fire under her.  Not going to happen, I know.

• Love 18
59 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

I saw her in the line of ladies who were talking about their education, she was the one with the Masters.  Also, what I saw of her dancing was very short, but impressive.  If I am thinking of the right person. 

Thanks I’ll rewatch that section??

Just now, Jennv said:

What time did practice start? Kristen Dodd posted from an ice cream shop an hour ago

They are on a water break little bit ago and then I saw Kristin Dodd posted and beinf at the ice cream shop

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

They are on a water break little bit ago and then I saw Kristin Dodd posted and beinf at the ice cream shop

Is she the one who got cut?

59 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Thanks I’ll rewatch that section??

Wow! Hannah graduated summa cum laude. They only showed her do one move and then u get a partial glimpse of her. I watched again until VK danced and still can’t get over how unpolished she is compared to what Kelli says, now there’s someone who looks noodley?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

The only improvement I saw with Dayton from last year was her ability to smile as she dances.  I am surprised people are saying she should be on the team when we haven’t even seen her skills as a member of TCC.  An early cut is usually a problem they determine can’t be fixed in the time frame of camp. I am waiting to see how it plays out. 

I'm glad you said this.  I have felt for a long time that Dayton is a bit boring and average, DCC-wise.  She's beautiful and probably a lovely young woman, but her auditions (last year and, so far, this year) didn't wow me in the least.  I suspect that many on this board (myself included at times) have a strong bias in favor of Dayton because we are fully aware of the presence of Shelly on these boards and how becoming Shelly is to all of us via her comments.  One can't help but root for Dayton, but it seems like her style/power is not a match for this team.  Hopefully the cruise ship life is treating her well.

• Love 14
32 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Wow! Hannah graduated summa cum laude. They only showed her do one move and then u get a partial glimpse of her. I watched again until VK danced and still can’t get over how unpolished she is compared to what Kelli says, now there’s someone who looks noodley?

Thanks for clarifying.  I did not go back and watch before I posted.  I just remembered that she had impressive academic credentials.

4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m wondering how much of her “dancing” will be shown. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Trixi said:

Is she the one who got cut?

Looks like it! She posted another saying 'thankful for my friends' and it looks like she is having a wine. So how many are left now of Kristin has been cut? 

28 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Looks like it! She posted another saying 'thankful for my friends' and it looks like she is having a wine. So how many are left now of Kristin has been cut? 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1

1. I was not expecting to like Nick Florez but I do! He is a big star in the dance world so I like hearing his thoughts. He has an upbeat attitude.  Much better than Anthony Ramos, who I never felt really fit.

2. Melissa’s new ‘do and more professional look impressed me. Even after her third (?) baby, she looked like she was trapped in the Forever 21 wardrobe. This is a step in the right direction.

3. Madi, the tai kwan do girl, had an interesting background. Lot of numchuck slinging. But Kelli was right when she said she didn’t have the power needed. 

4. Tina Kalina’s scream in car in the parking lot...ugh. Let’s just relive our 20s glory days through our child, shall we? Kind of the opening chord to the “VK Show” we’re going to be seeing in weeks to come. Cassie gets a lot of grief and I admit I was not immune to that. But Cassie acted a lot more humble and seemed to be a better dancer all around.  I’m not seeing that in VK...yet.

5. Glad to see Madeline and Brennan back. Looks like Madeline took their advice and did what she needed to do. And interesting to see Kelli actually admit she regretted cutting Brennan in light of the later exits.

6. Finally, was anyone else a little amused by the brief shot where Neil McCoy appears to be having a serious conversation with Charlotte? Not something I would have pictured before.?

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Where are you able to see that they are practicing today?  I need to be there, too.