Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

41 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I don't think anyone's mentioned the nice little tribute to Cassie at the first of the show yet....

Well, if the theme of tonight's episode was "Legacies" - it fit.  But I would have liked to have seen Meredith Oden featured as well.  Or was she?  Sometimes I listen to the episode and don't always watch it cause it can be the same old stuff.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, if the theme of tonight's episode was "Legacies" - it fit.  But I would have liked to have seen Meredith Oden featured as well.  Or was she?  Sometimes I listen to the episode and don't always watch it cause it can be the same old stuff.

It was literally mere minutes into the episode, Kelli was talking about "making life long friends". Nothing about legacies had even come up yet. They could have used any of the dozens upon dozens of pics of the girls on social media who are still friends, but nope, it was alll Cassie 

• Love 3

Posting here because spoilers are allowed here.  I really liked Meredith in tonight's premier and Kelli seemed to love her but she isn't even a training camp candidate? Really wonder what happened if she is so gorgeous, in shape, and technically trained... just based on the first episode, I thought she would get through to camp for sure. Anyone know when she got cut or why?

5 minutes ago, FutureDCC said:

Posting here because spoilers are allowed here.  I really liked Meredith in tonight's premier and Kelli seemed to love her but she isn't even a training camp candidate? Really wonder what happened if she is so gorgeous, in shape, and technically trained... just based on the first episode, I thought she would get through to camp for sure. Anyone know when she got cut or why?

Dang it! I knew I shouldn’t of come here LOL I’ve been trying to stay away from here but I just CANT!!!  

I wanted to see if i could make guesses about who makes it and Meredith is  one of my favorites. She got cut??? NOOOOOOO :-((

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

Dang it! I knew I shouldn’t of come here LOL I’ve been trying to stay away from here but I just CANT!!!  

I wanted to see if i could make guesses about who makes it and Meredith is  one of my favorites. She got cut??? NOOOOOOO :-((

I'm sorry for spoiling! LOL I just really wanted to ask! Yes, I looked at the list someone made of training camp candidates upthread and she isn't there. Don't know what round she made it through. Guess we will see, but she was my favorite too :(

42 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

It was literally mere minutes into the episode, Kelli was talking about "making life long friends". Nothing about legacies had even come up yet. They could have used any of the dozens upon dozens of pics of the girls on social media who are still friends, but nope, it was alll Cassie 

2018-08-02 (6).png

2018-08-02 (7).png

2018-08-02 (8).png

2018-08-02 (9).png

• Love 1

Don’t know if anyone else noticed but the cameo behind Kelli, Charlotte and Judi was Danielle. Loved to see it because she was one of my favorite DCC but I wonder why they didn’t use one from last season.

Edited by ErinG
Auto correct
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, FutureDCC said:

I'm sorry for spoiling! LOL I just really wanted to ask! Yes, I looked at the list someone made of training camp candidates upthread and she isn't there. Don't know what round she made it through. Guess we will see, but she was my favorite too :(

LOL It's all good, I knew the risks hahaha!  

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, ErinG said:

Don’t know if anyone else noticed but the cameo behind Kelli, Charlotte and Judi was Danielle. Loved to see it because she was one of my favorite DCC but I wonder why they didn’t use one from last season.

Here's a different one!!

2018-08-03 (3).png

Am I crazy, or did I spy family-emergency-Alexandria in the scene from next week's episode? It was during the pom choreo and she was wearing light green. Maybe I am confusing her with someone else but she looked familiar.

1 minute ago, Law Mom said:

Am I crazy, or did I spy family-emergency-Alexandria in the scene from next week's episode? It was during the pom choreo and she was wearing light green. Maybe I am confusing her with someone else but she looked familiar.

No, all of the footage for "semi-finals" was actually from last year.  I was wondering why they did that...

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Jessied84 said:

I had to laugh at the claim of "400 applications". While that could be true I only counted 135 girls in the seats when Kelli came out to address them. Seems like a very low turnout. 

If they aren't lying and they actually DO have 400 girls initially apply, I wonder why less than half of them show up for the auditions. Do they chicken out? Something comes up? Decide they don't want it? Just seems like an awful lot.

5 minutes ago, FutureDCC said:

If they aren't lying and they actually DO have 400 girls initially apply, I wonder why less than half of them show up for the auditions. Do they chicken out? Something comes up? Decide they don't want it? Just seems like an awful lot.

I agree! But even during the show Kelli said "there are 400 of you now..." So where are the others hiding? And I noticed they spread the audition numbers out from 1-400 because when she was writing the numbers on the board there are huge gaps in the numbers. Like number 74 then the next one is 101 and number 128 then the next number is 201 and 226 then 301. There just weren't as many auditioning as they claimed. Which is like every year. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jessied84 said:

I had to laugh at the claim of "400 applications". While that could be true I only counted 135 girls in the seats when Kelli came out to address them. Seems like a very low turnout. 

I noticed that as well, just guessing on this, but they probably do the Kelli introduction speech in different groups, they probably seat around 135 at a time. Kelli walks out and talks to them, then the next group comes out. They might do that for a handful of reasons. Again just a guess on that. 

• Love 2

My thoughts on Episode 1:

1) Kelli looks amazing, wow she is so beautiful.

2) Nick Florez is such a breath of fresh air, instead of Anthony Ramos. Not hating on Anthony Ramos, he just seemed out of place on the show with his segments. They seemed forced. Nick Florez is perfect for MTT. 

3) Daphne (UCLA) Cheer captain. Ugh got a weird vibe from her edit. She seemed unapproachable and fake and had a RBF. (might be against the rules of this board to type out what RBF means)

4. Madline Notre Dame, yes she is the full package. 

5. And Victoria, wow she seemed real to me, extremely approachable, didn't seem stuck up at all or entitled. She obviously can dance and looks like a DCC, always thought she did. It shocked me though how likable she was, because in the famous words of Kelsey Lowrance "Oh Those Boards" painted her as monster leading up to this. 

• Love 9

I still can't figure out how to post a pic but there is a group shot on Judy's insta with the guest choreographer last night. Some on the sides are cut off a bit but you can see most of the girls. 

18 hours ago, ByTor said:

Hard to believe Taryn got into TC with all the no votes.

Since they said she was the lowest scoring TCC, that leads me to believe that everyone else at Finals just sucked lol

15 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I think Dayton's comment about letting us watch the season was meant because of how she was edited (and maybe even compare it to how Victoria and some of the others were edited).  I wouldn't be surprised if she hadn't really thought about it until the trailer showing her (and one other girl) crying in the locker room, presumably when they were either cut or had a serious warning.  That REALLY had to sting and probably solidified any thoughts she might have had not to audition again, especially after going through the process twice and not being shown in as favorable a light as she should have been.

I don't think she knows how she was edited just yet. To me, this just means that there is perhaps some stuff going on in TC that she either can't wait to see if it airs or is just surprised how it went down.

7 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Did any of the other former DCCs who got married have CMT follow them? I'm guessing that's why.

30 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

I still can't figure out how to post a pic but there is a group shot on Judy's insta with the guest choreographer last night. Some on the sides are cut off a bit but you can see most of the girls. 

It's posted upthread.

4 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Since they said she was the lowest scoring TCC, that leads me to believe that everyone else at Finals just sucked lol

I don't think she knows how she was edited just yet. To me, this just means that there is perhaps some stuff going on in TC that she either can't wait to see if it airs or is just surprised how it went down.

Did any of the other former DCCs who got married have CMT follow them? I'm guessing that's why.

It's posted upthread.

No there are 2 - one from Kelli and one from Judy. The one from Judy isn't posted yet. It is all of them in a group with the choreographer in the middle. I checked the most recent isn't posted yet

3 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

And Victoria, wow she seemed real to me, extremely approachable, didn't seem stuck up at all or entitled. She obviously can dance and looks like a DCC, always thought she did. It shocked me though how likable she was, because in the famous words of Kelsey Lowrance "Oh Those Boards" painted her as monster leading up to this. 

See I felt the opposite. I felt like she was well rehearsed, and immature acting. When she introduced herself, she went on about how she was a legacy and couldn't wait to become her own legacy and make the team. Seemed a little full of herself. Dayton didn't say a thing about her mom etc. last year or this year. VK needs to take a lesson from Dayton and learn how to be a little bit humble. Even Cassie didn't say a thing about her mom and growing up knowing she always wanted to be a DCC. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, rungirl said:

THIS!  I am mostly a lurker but couldn't help but comment.  And there are folks who criticize Jenna for her perceived lack of ambition.  How about turning down a 20k dance scholarship in NYC to tryout for DCC?  Give me a break!  

It sounded like Tina wouldn't let her go though, I fully believe she wanted to go but Tina said "aint no way you're goin to NYC"

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Trixi said:

Are they now at 40 in camp? 

I counted 38 from that picture Judy posted last night. That includes the one girl who's arm and half her head was only shown. Maybe they will take 38 this year.

1 hour ago, Txmomof2 said:

I just looked and they are all still there

3 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

I counted 38 from that picture Judy posted last night. That includes the one girl who's arm and half her head was only shown. Maybe they will take 38 this year.

There is 41 in the picture

• Love 2
4 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

I noticed that as well, just guessing on this, but they probably do the Kelli introduction speech in different groups, they probably seat around 135 at a time. Kelli walks out and talks to them, then the next group comes out. They might do that for a handful of reasons. Again just a guess on that. 

That’s exactly what I was thinking also.

• Love 1

Just had to look this up. VK got a $20k scholarship to this school, but the tuition for on-campus is close to $50k. Meaning, they'd have to come up with $30k a year for dance training.

She could take tons of prep classes and other classes for $30k. It sounded like a hard to deny opportunity. But in reality it wasn't.

I just had my family reunion last weekend. So I am adept a people making bullshit sound great.

Screenshot_2018-08-03-08-42-00.png

I also want to say that there is another $10k in living expenses (more off-campus), bringing the total to $40k a year (even with the scholarship).

Screenshot_2018-08-03-08-52-01.png

Edited by hypeman
More info
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I just looked and they are all still there

There is 41 in the picture

So there have been no more cuts since Taylor was cut (2 weeks ago?)?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Just had to look this up. VK got a $20k scholarship to this school, but the tuition for on-campus is close to $50k. Meaning, they'd have to come up with $30k a year for dance training.

She could take tons of prep classes and other classes for $30k. It sounded like a hard to deny opportunity. But in reality it wasn't.

I just had my family reunion last weekend. So I am adept a people making bullshit sound great.

And she would have to pay that every year which is crazy!

6 hours ago, Tootie said:

No, all of the footage for "semi-finals" was actually from last year.  I was wondering why they did that...

I remember Alexandria saying she borrowed that outfit from her sister because it brought her good luck.  She mentioned in her IG her sister is a Boston Celtics dancer.

13 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Was she accepted into their college program, like she would be getting her bachelors in fine arts? Or is this just pure dance training? I haven’t watched the episode yet.

4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Was she accepted into their college program, like she would be getting her bachelors in fine arts? Or is this just pure dance training? I haven’t watched the episode yet.

I looked at (but didn't post) all of the iterations of their programs-summer programs, yearly programs, etc. They are all around the same price.

My comment wasn't to shade VK. I feel there will be countless opportunities to do that this season. I was just trying to give context to the number that was presented.

It would been more truthful if she had said a partial or half tuition scholarship. She and/or the producers were just trying to overly impress us. I fear this is just the beginning of the VK sales job.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, hypeman said:

I looked at (but didn't post) all of the iterations of their programs-summer programs, yearly programs, etc. They are all around the same price.

My comment wasn't to shade VK. I feel there will be countless opportunities to do that this season. I was just trying to give context to the number that was presented.

It would been more truthful if she had said a partial or half tuition scholarship. She and/or the producers were just trying to overly impress us. I fear this is just the beginning of the VK sales job.

Oh, I definitely wasn’t try to implying that you were throwing shade. I haven’t watched the episode, so I wasn’t sure if this was in reference to a college program, in which it would still be extremely expensive but not necessarily out of sync with some other BFA programs, or if it was just a dance training program, which (to me at least) seems ridiculously expensive/outrageous. They may not have elaborated on the show. I was just curious. 

1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:
19 hours ago, ByTor said:

Hard to believe Taryn got into TC with all the no votes.

LOL!  But now I see that I don't understand Kelli's system as well as I thought, what I thought were nos were actually maybes :)

Yes to Nick as a judge!  Please NO more Mentor Melissa...I'm so over her!  I wish we could see Shelly and her interactions with the squad.  Also...what the heck is Charlotte wearing?? Those pants are hideous!  I would love to see Jay Johnson wear something other than the fatigues/camo wear. 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 7

I thought VK' intro speech about being a legacy was cringeworthy. Other than that the rest of her footage was alright, she didn't say anything else that made me die a little inside. 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

It’s a performing arts school....dance, drama, music. There are 2 campuses, east coast and west coast.

• Love 3

"It was literally mere minutes into the episode, Kelli was talking about "making life long friends". Nothing about legacies had even come up yet. They could have used any of the dozens upon dozens of pics of the girls on social media who are still friends, but nope, it was alll Cassie"

I just rolled my eyes.  All these years later and they are still pushing her on.  Could they just stop . . . really?

• Love 7

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I'm the first to admit that I'm not a Brennan fan but she looked GR8. Also, my respect for Kelli went up a few notches when she said that Brennan should of been on last years squad (due to Kalyssa/Alex leaving) and she hopes that she makes it this year. So good luck to Brennan. 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 8

If I took a shot every time Daphne said UCLA, I would have been hella drunk. If I added sisterhood, I would have died from alcohol poisoning.

I think VK and Tina are just super extra. I have kids who act way more awful and humble brag and cocky. She is a little thick (for dcc) not irl. She's smaller than me! We know they overlook that sometimes.

whats up with no cuts?!! It's August 3rd!! Are they fr taking 41 girls? Maybe the quitting and injuries made them decide to take a larger squad? 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I seriously doubt they are taking 41 girls. TC is not over, and I bet there will be more cuts coming.

Prediction...bloodbath tonight.

• Love 14