Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

This is the first time EVER that Amazon has the season 13 title listed but it says unavailable. It says the same thing that seasons 1 and 2 say on Amazon,  that their agreement with the content providers do not allow purchase at this time.    I have always been able to buy the season the night it airs even if I don't get to watch until next day

ME----Frustrated

2 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

Don't want to get spoiled so signing out. See you on the other side! #pacifictimezoneproblems

Doing the same.  Enjoy everyone and catch up on the flip side. 

Ugh! No CMT this year so I cant watch until who knows when. I wish they would stream on Hulu already!! 

Oh and there is a new pic from practice tonight Kelli posted. You can see some of the TCC, but not all. Maybe we will get a group shot with the guest choreo guy later!

9 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

Okay, just from the first 10 minutes you can already tell VK will be shoved down our throats and she's already irritating me. 

THIS!  I am mostly a lurker but couldn't help but comment.  And there are folks who criticize Jenna for her perceived lack of ambition.  How about turning down a 20k dance scholarship in NYC to tryout for DCC?  Give me a break!  

Edited by rungirl
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

Okay, just from the first 10 minutes you can already tell VK will be shoved down our throats and she's already irritating me. 

Agree on her being shoved down our throats. She doesn't annoy me as much as I thought she would. Moreso everyone else making mention of her and Kelli fawning over her 

20 minutes ago, rungirl said:

THIS!  I am mostly a lurker but couldn't help but comment.  And there are folks who criticize Jenna for her perceived lack of ambition.  How about turning down a 20k dance scholarship in NYC to tryout for DCC?  Give me a break!  

Umm . . . why would she do that?  Personally, if I had to choose between a $20,000 dance scholarship in NYC and audition for the DCC, I'd be on a plane to NYC.  The DCC will be there and, forgive me for saying this, she'll have a spot on the squad anytime she wants it, due to her connections.  If she's so talented as to get a dance scholarship, DCC shouldn't even be on her radar.

Just now, sunwave said:

Who has gotten cut again so far? I remember seeing Dayton but not sure of the rest

Jasmin, Lindsay (?), Dayton and Taylor T.  Did I get them all right (especially since there was two Taylors in camp this year).

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, rungirl said:

Umm . . . why would she do that?  Personally, if I had to choose between a $20,000 dance scholarship in NYC and audition for the DCC, I'd be on a plane to NYC.  The DCC will be there and, forgive me for saying this, she'll have a spot on the squad anytime she wants it, due to her connections.  If she's so talented as to get a dance scholarship, DCC shouldn't even be on her radar.

2 minutes ago, sunwave said:

Who has gotten cut again so far? I remember seeing Dayton but not sure of the rest

Jasmin, Lindsay (?), Dayton and Taylor T.  Did I get them all right (especially since there was two Taylors in camp this year).

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, rungirl said:

I’ll replay the beginning of this episode to confirm but I think the scholarship was given to VK when she was much younger and her mom didn’t want her to go being so young. Standby and I’ll check?. Ok. She said she won the $20000 and Tina said they wanted u to live in NYC since u were in 8th grade. 

Edited by Trixi
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I loved watching this.  Was that Christina at the 0:30-0:33 mark or someone else?  

I think Christina is on the floor around the :13 mark with longer hair.  Not sure who that is at :30

31 minutes ago, rungirl said:

Seriously!!!!  I'm with @EricaShadows.  Take the scholarship and run, and then try out for DCC later.

Can't believe how they initially criticized Dayton when she came out at prelims. Saying she should be stronger, as she has had the inside track to knowing what is expected of

a DCC, then almost cried over VK because she was such a standout, and had so much power. If I were Dayton and her mom, I would be really upset. They tried to cover it a

little in deliberations saying Dayton came back stronger than last year, but still gushed at how great VK was. It is obvious that she will make the team. It only took a total of 5 min, and she was featured on the show. Ugh!!!

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Pickles said:

That shows how out of the loop I am! Thanks for the info. :)

Here’s a pic of TCC’s.  We know that Dayton, Linsey Taylor and Jasmine have been cut so far  

2024BB97-70D8-4933-AD55-B724F5021D77.png

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 2
On 7/23/2018 at 2:08 PM, Taralightner said:

FEFAD2CF-CEC2-4E20-A791-7DA72559ACA3.png

So, Dayton, Taylor T, Jasmine and Lindsay have been cut. 

Are they now at 40 in camp? 

Now seeing prelims I wud say that Dayton, Jasmin and Lindsay all performed better than Gabby, she looked immature esp her feet, don’t remember seeing Taylor T so can’t comment on her yet. 

• Love 1

That girl almost kicked Victoria, but Victoria was awfully close to her when she had plenty of room behind her.  I’ve noticed she does that, she often dances in other’s space.  But I think she’s cute girl.  This episode will probably be the last time she’s showcased.  I also like that her mom’s name rhymes.

Edited by ales-ya
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

The girl Meredith, who Kelli said she had a girl crush on, did she make it to training camp? I can't remember.  

Is that the same Meredith whose a former Mavs Dancer, AA Ice Angel and a current DS Ice Girl TCC? 

I’ll be interested to see what Meredith did to not make it to training camp since Kelli is fawning over her already. Wondering if it’s possibly something interview related or if it’s that she couldn’t get the power pom style since I believe they said she is more fluid in her dancing. 

Also tired of VK being shoved in our faces any chance CMT gets. I hope it gets toned down after this episode, but we shall see. 

15 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

Can't believe how they initially criticized Dayton when she came out at prelims. Saying she should be stronger, as she has had the inside track to knowing what is expected of

a DCC, then almost cried over VK because she was such a standout, and had so much power. If I were Dayton and her mom, I would be really upset. They tried to cover it a

little in deliberations saying Dayton came back stronger than last year, but still gushed at how great VK was. It is obvious that she will make the team. It only took a total of 5 min, and she was featured on the show. Ugh!!!

I was thinking this too. Dayton barely was touched on while VK was mentioned and shown any chance CMT got. I guess it could be because Dayton was featured some last year, but that still should not take away from the fact that she is also a legacy and deserves some air time. Personally, I’d rather see Dayton and Shelley featured more than VK and Tina!!

• Love 7

I do think Victoria is very pretty and kudos for her for being self aware that she could struggle with weight. My annoyance is that they had to announce how much the scholarship was for. That is always so pompous to me. I get not being allowed to go. My mom wouldn’t let me go either and I was in high school. I’m still team Dayton. I think she is so pretty. I hope they don’t do her wrong. I loved the clips of the past. I wish the would show more of that and give more details. 

Edited by pizzaislife
Wrong word
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

If I remember correctly, it's Kelli and Charlotte that gush over Victoria, not Judy. Does Judy say anything about VK?  She's usually the one who is spot on about dance talent and if I recmember accurately, they don't show Judy saying anything.  Boy would I love to hear her honest thoughts. 

PS I do recall the preview for next week making it seem like one of the judge's comments that VK is "soft."

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, CheerGoddess said:

I’ll be interested to see what Meredith did to not make it to training camp since Kelli is fawning over her already. Wondering if it’s possibly something interview related or if it’s that she couldn’t get the power pom style since I believe they said she is more fluid in her dancing. 

Also tired of VK being shoved in our faces any chance CMT gets. I hope it gets toned down after this episode, but we shall see. 

I was thinking this too. Dayton barely was touched on while VK was mentioned and shown any chance CMT got. I guess it could be because Dayton was featured some last year, but that still should not take away from the fact that she is also a legacy and deserves some air time. Personally, I’d rather see Dayton and Shelley featured more than VK and Tina!!

Was Dayton featured THAT much though last year?  I didn't think so.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

No, she wasn’t. I was going along the lines of maybe CMT is justifying not featuring Dayton too much because she had some air time last year. I wish she would get more though!

It sounds like, so far, Victoria has been featured more in just this one episode than Dayton AND Shelley were all last year AND this year.  Does this sound right?  I'm waiting until tomorrow to find out for myself (though I'll probably be fast forwarding through Victoria's parts).

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

It sounds like, so far, Victoria has been featured more in just this one episode than Dayton AND Shelley were all last year AND this year.  Does this sound right?  I'm waiting until tomorrow to find out for myself (though I'll probably be fast forwarding through Victoria's parts).

Yes!! So much VK my head wanted to explode. 

• Love 2

Oh... I love Madi. I have a soft spot for TKD my boys just got their black belts. It teaches them so many wonderful things. Plus Madi is so pretty and breaks the mold.

Edited by pizzaislife
Autocorrect is whipping my butt
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think it was pretty similar.  I think the difference is likability, as in more people seem to like Dayton over Victoria. I don’t have an opinion on either—probably why it seems to me like a similar amount of being featured. It may not have been first episode though. Not sure. 

1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

I really hope this doesn’t turn out to be the vk show 

I wouldn't be surprised if it does.  At least Cassie didn't get as much air time her first season and I was annoyed with her even then (mainly because I absolutely KNEW Cassie was guaranteed a spot on the squad no matter what she did).  I'll just fast forward through "The Victoria Show" and watch the rest.

• Love 3

After watching tonight's episode, I don't think Victoria or her mom were shoved down our throats at all. I actually enjoyed their storyline. As a mom, I am always proud and excited for my children in all they do.....so I can relate. Seems like a strong group of contenders as well as beautiful girls.

I know a lot of posters on here feel that CMT has a say in who goes to TC and even which girls to string along for ratings. I however, can not imagine that the Dallas Cowboys organization would go along with this. Kelly, Judy, and Charlotte have reasons for each decision they make. I don't see them wasting their time because CMT wants "a storyline". 

In terms of who makes the team, I don't think Victoria is a shoo-in, however she has been taking DCC prep classes and dance classes for the past two years. It shows her determination and dedication. Just because her mom said something rude is no reason to paint her in a certain way. We all say things that we probably regret.....I'd hate to think my kids are judged on my words.....yikes!

Good luck to all the girls!!

• Love 8

Ok prepare the tomatoes... I think there were several other girls who got just as long and in depth interviews as Victoria. Maybe Dayton didn’t want one. She seems very reserved and not quite as flashy. Daphne’s was long and annoying, the Florida girls was long, Madis was long and precious.

• Love 5

I love how they always have a girl comment on how beautiful Kelli is in real life?. And did she come up with that entrance or CMT? The car cudda dropped her a little closer to the door!

• Love 6