Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

A bit off topic, but how can they add in any more workouts? I’m not even asking how it would fit into their supposedly full time job/school-tc at night schedule (it doesn’t). But they are dancing for 3-4 hours every night, plus any individual practice, plus GL practice. They’ve said before that they have mandatory workouts before that. They’re putting too much strain to their bodies for a part time gig.

That’s what professional athletes do. I agree it’s a BIG ASK for such small pay, but if you want to be a successful DCC, that’s what you have to do. I say, there’s lots of jobs for great dancers... DCC is a wonderful opportunity, and it opens doors, but all of that needs to be weighed with the sacrifices required.  Dancers on Broadway are contractually obligated to take dance classes outside of their show rehearsals. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Or should we say "handed to her on a silver platter"

You may certainly say "handed to her on a silver platter"  There are a lot of things going behind close door the average fan and viewer has no clue about.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

You may certainly say "handed to her on a silver platter"  There are a lot of things going behind close door the average fan and viewer has no clue about.

It's really sickening -- and, quite frankly, a pretty crappy reason to jeopardize the entire reputation of this organization.  Mind-boggling.  Kelli should be fired.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

That’s what professional athletes do. I agree it’s a BIG ASK for such small pay, but if you want to be a successful DCC, that’s what you have to do. I say, there’s lots of jobs for great dancers... DCC is a wonderful opportunity, and it opens doors, but all of that needs to be weighed with the sacrifices required.  Dancers on Broadway are contractually obligated to take dance classes outside of their show rehearsals. 

If these workouts are required, are they compensated? This could also be part of the lawsuit 

5 minutes ago, hypeman said:

If these workouts are required, are they compensated? This could also be part of the lawsuit 

It’s required to be in uniform shape. I don’t know what they require other than what we see. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

It's really sickening -- and, quite frankly, a pretty crappy reason to jeopardize the entire reputation of this organization.  Mind-boggling.  Kelli should be fired.

So one girl can be on the team and others get cut for weight, can't dance worth a darn, etc. etc. Makes me really believe poor Brennan was brought back for a storyline aka Kelli is feeling guilty because of what happened with Alexandria and Kalyssa so Brennan can have a shot again. She should not make the team because of so-called Kelli guilt but because she made it on her own free will. Shame on Charlotte, Kelli and CMT.

10 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

So one girl can be on the team and others get cut for weight, can't dance worth a darn, etc. etc. Makes me really believe poor Brennan was brought back for a storyline aka Kelli is feeling guilty because of what happened with Alexandria and Kalyssa so Brennan can have a shot again. She should not make the team because of so-called Kelli guilt but because she made it on her own free will. Shame on Charlotte, Kelli and CMT.

Honestly, if Kelli was that torn up about Brennan last year, pick up the phone, call her and put her in the team the day Alexandria quits. She is the boss, seems simple enough to me.

I have no doubt there are all sorts of behind the scenes shenanigans that go on with CMT. What I don’t believe is that doing them puts Kelli at risk — I think it is the opposite. Making the Team is a cash cow for the organization — they have way more to lose if the show is not successful. The actual team they put out on the field is kind of second fiddle these days.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Honestly, if Kelli was that torn up about Brennan last year, pick up the phone, call her and put her in the team the day Alexandria quits. She is the boss, seems simple enough to me.

I have no doubt there are all sorts of behind the scenes shenanigans that go on with CMT. What I don’t believe is that doing them puts Kelli at risk — I think it is the opposite. Making the Team is a cash cow for the organization — they have way more to lose if the show is not successful. The actual team they put out on the field is kind of second fiddle these days.

Remember when Kat was in shock she was cut and thought they would call her the next day and said they made a mistake. I would not be surprise if something like you suggested does happen before the show ends. They brought back Kaime in Season 4 after the pageant sisters left, and Danielle was brought back by Charlotte and Kelli after she got the axe at finals.

11 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Is there even a way to gain 15 pounds in like 4-6 weeks? I thought most weight gain was gradual and not all of a sudden unless you're seriously binging out on junk food every night.

I would have to see this to believe it.  In her bio...1st one of training camp candidates, btw...she mentioned her mom struggling with her weight and she made it a priority to stay in shape.  I can’t see her letting go after making TC.  Makes no sense.  We shall see....??

11 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Charlotte is capable of doing what ever she wants.  So she must not have wanted Brennan.  
I bet if Brennan makes the team this year Taryn will regret not trying out this year.  

Taryn should have made it over Christina last year.  IMO

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Does anyone remember last season when Alexandria was called in the office and after she walked out, Kelli turned to Judy and said ‘I don’t like her’. I kept backing it up and replaying it but that’s what I heard. If Alexandria was on the fence about leaving before the season started, I’m sure knowing her boss didn’t like her cud have tipped the scales. 

If someone remembers, please correct me if I’m wrong about what Kelli actually said. Thanks 

• Love 2

I was standing behind two DCC in line at Chik-Fil-A yesterday, and I heard them say that everyone including Judy hates Christina and VK, even though Kelli told them at finals that they’re on the team (which is also when I heard the judges discussing it.) And Stephanie DiBiase Wheat told me at barre class that they are cutting 4 vets tonight and that at least three girls that you don’t like have gained 15 pounds since last Friday and don’t dance with enough power. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, CashandPrizes212 said:

I was standing behind two DCC in line at Chik-Fil-A yesterday, and I heard them say that everyone including Judy hates Christina and VK, even though Kelli told them at finals that they’re on the team (which is also when I heard the judges discussing it.) And Stephanie DiBiase Wheat told me at barre class that they are cutting 4 vets tonight and that at least three girls that you don’t like have gained 15 pounds since last Friday and don’t dance with enough power. 

??? Unless this is purely sarcastic, Holy Mary!! ?

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, CashandPrizes212 said:

Lol what? Why would Stephanie tell someone that and no one gains 15 pounds in a week. I also think they cut their weakest vets at finals and if they were going to cut Christina i feel like they would have done it a lot sooner. I just don’t see a lot of truth in this

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, CashandPrizes212 said:

I laughed hard at this. Kelli's head would explode if 3 girls gained 15 pounds! 

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Charlotte is capable of doing what ever she wants.  So she must not have wanted Brennan.  
I bet if Brennan makes the team this year Taryn will regret not trying out this year.  

Such slim pickings (so few at prelims) through auditions this year, it would have been a GREAT year for Taryn to try again. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Lol what? Why would Stephanie tell someone that and no one gains 15 pounds in a week. I also think they cut their weakest vets at finals and if they were going to cut Christina i feel like they would have done it a lot sooner. I just don’t see a lot of truth in this

Pretty sure the post was a joke. Lol 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I don’t think it’s possible to gain 15 pounds in 4-6 weeks. I’m pushing 40, my diet has been a mess since October, and even I’ve only put on ten pounds. 

Oh, it is. I'm nearly 50 and I eat really healthy and work out. Due to an injury, I had to quit my workouts for a month, of course that's the month with 4 birthdays, a work party, Memorial Day cookout, etc. I gained 25 lbs in 4 weeks. I've since lost most of it, but it's shocking how quick it goes back on. Especially when you are older (like me) or younger, like Victoria, when your body is still trying to figure itself out. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, CashandPrizes212 said:

Ok, ok friends: This was intended as a light reminder that just because someone on here says something that sounds remotely credible, that doesn’t mean you have to run with it as #fact. Grain of salt (on your Chik-Fil-A waffle fries) please :)

I was just googling chic Fil a locations close to the star! 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

I totally get your humor! This is hilarious! (Apparently everyone else missed that Chik Fil A is CLOSED ON SUNDAYS!) Bravo!! 

You beat me to it.  Was just going to post about them not being open on Sundays!  #WellPlayed

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

I totally get your humor! This is hilarious! (Apparently everyone else missed that Chik Fil A is CLOSED ON SUNDAYS!) Bravo!! 

And of course everyone knows that Stephanie was eating chic Fil a at practice and taunted Victoria with waffle fries. 

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I want a Chik-Fil-A in my town!!  Heck, in my state:(

Over rated. You are missing nothing. I went to one in Ft. Myers last week and it was meh. Plus, no drink refills. Their sweet tea is pretty bomb, though.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Over rated. You are missing nothing. I went to one in Ft. Myers last week and it was meh. Plus, no drink refills. Their sweet tea is pretty bomb, though.

Bite your KFC lovin’ tongue! Chic Fil A is Amazing!

(Kidding about poking at you, please forgive me... ) 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Trixi said:

Does anyone remember last season when Alexandria was called in the office and after she walked out, Kelli turned to Judy and said ‘I don’t like her’. I kept backing it up and replaying it but that’s what I heard. If Alexandria was on the fence about leaving before the season started, I’m sure knowing her boss didn’t like her cud have tipped the scales. 

If someone remembers, please correct me if I’m wrong about what Kelli actually said. Thanks 

It was Judy that said it. She said "I don't really like her" I had convinced myself that I misheard and she actually said " I really like her" until you posted this.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Chick-fil-A's iced tea and nugget ice are two of my favorite things in this world

Then you haven't had a peach milkshake!  Best non-alcoholic drink ever!

19 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

What??????  You are officially not welcome here in the ATL.  JK, but I love me some chicken soaked in pickle juice!

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Chick-fil-A's iced tea and nugget ice are two of my favorite things in this world

11 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Bite your KFC lovin’ tongue! Chic Fil A is Amazing!

(Kidding about poking at you, please forgive me... ) 

Poke away, it is all good. :) And KFC sucks, btw. Guaranteed stomach ache every time. If I had to do the kick line, I would fart to the beat. Girls next to me would pass out. It would be bad!

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Opine said:

Then you haven't had a peach milkshake!  Best non-alcoholic drink ever!

What??????  You are officially not welcome here in the ATL.  JK, but I love me some chicken soaked in pickle juice!

Oh, my. Kelli would bench me for half the season if I ate that. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Poke away, it is all good. :)

Oh wait.  For a second I thought you were talking about poke bowls and got all excited.

I'll just exit now before getting in trouble for side lining this thread even more.

Edited by go4luca
because I was so excited I couldn't spell
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Oh wait.  For a second I thought you were talking about poke bowls and got all excited.

I'll just exit now before getting in trouble for side lining this thread even more.

Ok.....now I want a poke bowl, a little on the spicy side.

Are those DCC uniforms made of stretch material? Because now I need stretch material....the kind that stays opaque. 

• Love 3

Back to the topic (even though I love ChikFila), it’s really Kelli, Judy and Charlotte’s decision about who they chose: we don’t have to agree with them, or maybe we don’t see other positive qualities that aren’t shown on MTT (like kids camps or hospital visits). 

So if Kelli is okay to have a jiggly 18 year old spastic dancer who constantly breaks formation because she loves attention and/or lacks control and spatial awareness, well then good luck to the girls of season 13!  Maybe her friendship with Tina Kalina will blind Kelli to the fact that Victoria missed her yardline, and the triangle is looking a bit hexagonal!! 

Like the other poster who said she wanted to see Brennan cut, I’m here for the drama!  36 perfectly talented, sweet girls would make a lovely sisterhood but an incredibly boring tv show. And would also make for an equally boring message board!

Edited by Stee
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, Jennv said:

It was Judy that said it. She said "I don't really like her" I had convinced myself that I misheard and she actually said " I really like her" until you posted this.

Thanks I misrembered who said it but I did that exact same thing pretending ‘I really like her’ was said. Lol

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Stee said:

So if Kelli is okay to have a jiggly 18 year old spastic dancer who constantly breaks out of formation because she loves attention or lacks control and spatial awareness, well then good luck to the girls of season 13!  

The thing is, we are a relatively small group of the thousands that watch the show. There are literally thousands that like or love the show who are completely clueless about the smoky, back- office meetings trying to hide V’s jiggle from their eyes. Will they see it? Probably.

Then there’s the 100’s of thousands Cowboys fans who don’t watch the show who see the DCC for what they are: an elite team who provide entertainment for them during the game. Will they notice the jiggle? Probably- especially if she is shown on the HD screen. 

Will the media pick up on it? Maybe. (They found the pics of Whitney’s Halloween costume.) 

So, no matter how you slice it, this “drama” is putting the brand at risk. Yes, the revenue from the show is huge for the DCC org, but is that revenue worth possibly losing the public’s approval of: “Often imitated, never equaled?”

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I think Judy said “I do really like her” and then Kelly agreed. If they both didn’t like her, regardless of reason, she wouldn’t be there. JMO. 

I watched last season again and had to rewind this scene. My CC said I don’t really like her but I don’t think that’s what Judy really said. It was during the eyelash 911 chat. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

The thing is, we are a relatively small group of the thousands that watch the show. There are literally thousands that like or love the show who are completely clueless about the smoky, back- office meetings trying to hide V’s jiggle from their eyes. Will they see it? Probably.

Then there’s the 100’s of thousands Cowboys fans who don’t watch the show who see the DCC for what they are: an elite team who provide entertainment for them during the game. Will they notice the jiggle? Probably- especially if she is shown on the HD screen. 

Will the media pick up on it? Maybe. (They found the pics of Whitney’s Halloween costume.) 

So, no matter how you slice it, this “drama” is putting the brand at risk. Yes, the revenue from the show is huge for the DCC org, but is that revenue worth possibly losing the public’s approval of: “Often imitated, never equaled?”

I think the show has hurt the number and quality of the girls trying out. I know it’s hard to believe but some people just don’t want to do reality TV. The teams in the seasons where the show wasn’t that well known were head and shoulders more talented than the last couple of years. Now I think all of the teams are filled with talented, experienced dancers but real pop and showmanship seems to be lacking lately. 

• Love 8

I don't know if anyone has looked this up or posted it but there is a YouTube episode where they talked to 3 different dancers that was posted 2 years ago and VK was one of them. It's interesting and maybe brings a different perspective to VK. I will say her mother's attitude and some of the info shared here have really turned me off of her in the show, so it will be interesting to see how things play out on the show and potentially throughout the DCC season.

Edited by PWBlackburn
Apparently can't spell on my phone!
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, PWBlackburn said:

I don't know if anyone has looked this up or poated5 it but there is a YouTube episode where they talk to 3 different dancers that was posted 2 years ago and VK was one of them. It's interesting and maybe brings a different perspective to VK. I will say her mother's attitude and some of the info shared here have really turned me off of her in the show, so it will be interesting to see how things play out on the show and potentially throughout the DCC season.

Lol ‘That front row is dangerous, it’s the danger zone.’  Yeah especially when dancers in the back try to push their way into it?

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I think Judy said “I do really like her” and then Kelly agreed. If they both didn’t like her, regardless of reason, she wouldn’t be there. JMO. 

I watched last season again and had to rewind this scene. My CC said I don’t really like her but I don’t think that’s what Judy really said. It was during the eyelash 911 chat. 

I remember watching it real time and thinking: oops Judy forgot about the cameras for a second. I heard “I don’t really like her.” I just looked again on my Dvr and turned captions on. Both my captions and my ears heard “don’t.”  Who am I going to believe my lying ears or my lying captions? 

Not calling you out, personally. Just saying if it walks, sounds and looks like a duck... 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

I remember watching it real time and thinking: oops Judy forgot about the cameras for a second. I heard “I don’t really like her.” I just looked again on my Dvr and turned captions on. Both my captions and my ears heard “don’t.”  Who am I going to believe my lying ears or my lying captions? 

Not calling you out, personally. Just saying if it walks, sounds and looks like a duck... 

Screenshot of closed captioning from the CMT app.  It looks like she made a negative comment and Kelli seems a little surprised (see subsequent seconds).  It follows Alexandria making excuses for having hair in her face and Judy reminding her that she must deal with her hair.  Kelli tells Alexandria that she has a long drive ahead. It’s possible that Alexandria annoyed Judy with subject matter edited out.

A98DDE69-E9CB-4BCC-9B39-D31379E5BC4F.png

• Love 4