Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, lizzi6692 said:

Thank God I am not the only one that feels that way about those signs. I personally loved Meredith, but her mom definitely came off like a stereotypical stage mother.

Oh I don't know - if you've been watching your weight and auditions are coming up, you might need a gentle reminder.  I would need a padlock on the fridge:/

• Love 5
5 hours ago, DKay said:

Pulling for Briana as well. But she has to be better than she was with the Titans to MTT. Sitting down front right in front of the Titans cheerleaders (I'm a season ticket holder since 1999), I always was disappointed at her lack of power, smile & enthusiasm. No, we never met.  I just cheered all my school years through college, and thought she needed to turn it up a few notches. Fingers crossed!!  

My hubby and I are Titans fans. We lived in Nashville for two years and got hooked on them. So I hope Briana makes it, too!

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh I don't know - if you've been watching your weight and auditions are coming up, you might need a gentle reminder.  I would need a padlock on the fridge:/

A sign proclaiming how important it is to be skinny that you have to see every time you want to look in the mirror isn't a "gentle reminder" in my opinion. 

• Love 3

Meredith and her mom are adorbs.  I don't think she is suffering today from those signs. People are so hyper sensitive these days about everything. I used to put fat pictures on my refrigerator .  Whatever she wants to do to reach her goal!    Ok I'll duck the throwing tomatoes now!

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Meredith and her mom are adorbs.  I don't think she is suffering today from those signs. People are so hyper sensitive these days about everything. I used to put fat pictures on my refrigerator .  Whatever she wants to do to reach her goal!    Ok I'll duck the throwing tomatoes now!

When it comes to mental health issues, eating disorders on average have the worst prognosis and highest mortality rate. A large part of that is because society as a whole doesn't take them seriously and crap like that on television is a huge contributor to that. My problem with that sign goes way beyond what impact it may or may not have had on Meredith.

• Love 4
On 8/6/2018 at 5:28 PM, CashandPrizes212 said:

Ok, ok friends: This was intended as a light reminder that just because someone on here says something that sounds remotely credible, that doesn’t mean you have to run with it as #fact. Grain of salt (on your Chik-Fil-A waffle fries) please :)

I’m eating ChicFilA as I read!  Mmmm That ChicFilA sauce though :-)

Also, I don’t think it’s possible for VK have gained 15 lbs during TC.  For a couple reasons 1) she’s a young dancer who is burning A LOT of calories a day at TC and 2) if she gained even half that weight in TC Charlotte would have cut her regardless of who her mom is.  Charlotte is not about to have a chubby cheerleader, she doesn’t care who you are.  She has a brand and reputation to protect.  

Ok, my waffles fries are getting cold ?

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, lizzi6692 said:

When it comes to mental health issues, eating disorders on average have the worst prognosis and highest mortality rate. A large part of that is because society as a whole doesn't take them seriously and crap like that on television is a huge contributor to that. My problem with that sign goes way beyond what impact it may or may not have had on Meredith.

And that’s why I think DCC needs to keep some women who may have a little more weight on them. I’m not talking out of shape. Just a step in the right direction for viewers to have a healthy perspective on what they themselves may look like at a “fat”  125 130 135.

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

And that’s why I think DCC needs to keep some women who may have a little more weight on them. I’m not talking out of shape. Just a step in the right direction for viewers to have a healthy perspective on what they themselves may look like at a “fat”  125 130 135.

I completely agree. The curvier girls have always been my favorites personally. They typically end up being some of the best dancers in general.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Does anyone have a TCC who was cut that you really wanted to come back to re audition but they never did?   I liked Kaitlin Johnson from season 5 

I wish that Taryn from last season wud have improved her core strength and kicks and tried again this year. There r others but unfortunately I can’t remember names?. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

You know, KaShara used to wink when she was dancing and it was actually cute.  She didn’t scrunch up her whole face when she did it.  She’s adorable...I’m afraid VK is making it look trashy.

DCC lore says that once upon a time in the seventies a cameraman at a Cowboys game zoomed in on a cheerleader who winked into the camera therein forever securing the DCC's position as the bees knees of professional cheerleading.

Either last season or the one before, Kelli commented that the women who look best in the uniform have a figure like on old fashioned pin-up girl.  I want to say the measurements she used as an example were 34-24-34?

Edited by Pink-n-Green
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Does anyone have a TCC who was cut that you really wanted to come back to re audition but they never did?   I liked Kaitlin Johnson from season 5 

Yes, yes, yes!!!!  But I went to the University of Oregon as she did, so I was rooting for her.  It's also why Maggie and Molly are my faves.

1 minute ago, Pink-n-Green said:

DCC lore says that once upon a time in the seventies a cameraman at a Cowboys game pointed the camera zoomed in on a cheerleader who winked into the camera therein securing the DCC as the bees knees of professional cheerleading.

Either last season or the one before, Kelli commented that the women who look best in the uniform have a figure like on old fashioned pin-up girl.  I want to say the measurements she used as an example were 34-24-34?

Another yes, yes, yes!!  When Judy called out Teri for winking during season 7, I was thinking wait a minute.  Isn't that how the DCC became famous?

And if we are so critical of how they treat girls who aren't super skinny, how come we were critical of Megan, Amy, Melissa, Kandi, Meredith, Kelsi etc?  I mean, these girls were gorgeous and could dance.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

I always thought that Tobie had the perfect figure for the uniform.

Tobie in the uni.jpg

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Kent Dorfman - another famous legacy.  (I am no doubt showing my age with an Animal House GIF)

19239723_10154970531263369_1196873769_n.gif

You must have known that Animal House was filmed at the University of Oregon:)

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

According to Kelli’s insta story, Brianna is still in TC

Whew!!  You know in last year's tryouts Kelli called her name last re: who was going into finals. She can be one of those who MTT because Kelli sees that she is coachable, like she said about Kelsey, I believe.  She speaks very well too. And if she has the McKenzie effect on the other TCCs, she's in!!!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

And if we are so critical of how they treat girls who aren't super skinny, how come we were critical of Megan, Amy, Melissa, Kandi, Meredith, Kelsi etc?  I mean, these girls were gorgeous and could dance.

Yes!  These were the 1st I thought of.  I miss Megan :(

• Love 4

Gina's Instastory has a still shot of who all was at IHOP last night.  I can't seem to get it to upload.  18 Vets. Khalyn, Jessica and Uko not there.  

Edited by ClosetDCCFan
Added content
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Gina's Instastory has a still shot of who all was at IHOP last night.  I can't seem to get it to upload.  18 Vets.  All 10 second year's, and all GLs except khalyn were there.  not sure who else is missing.  

Yuko jessika khalyn

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Gina's Instastory has a still shot of who all was at IHOP last night.  I can't seem to get it to upload.  18 Vets.  All 10 second year's, and all GLs except khalyn were there.  not sure who else is missing.  

The girls working DCC camp today are going to be so tired!!!!

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Anonymous20 said:

Just got word that they moved back the date when they will let the girls know the final team. They were told that they will know in the next 2 weeks.

Surprised bc there first home preseason game is next week take everything people say on here with a grain of salt 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, English Teacher said:

I also loved Megan S9 (I never thought there was anything wrong with her body dimensions) 

Was she the woman for whom Kelli so happily invented the word "thutt"?  She was adorable and could really dance.

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Was she the woman for whom Kelli so happily invented the word "thutt"?  She was adorable and could really dance.

Yep, Megan was "the thutt".  Kelli thought that word was so damn clever.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Courtney from Season 10.

2 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Gina's Instastory has a still shot of who all was at IHOP last night.  I can't seem to get it to upload.  18 Vets. Khalyn, Jessica and Uko not there.  

@MelTexGirl beat me!

Edited by ByTor
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Yep, Megan was "the thutt".  Kelli thought that word was so damn clever.

I thought Megan looked great in the uniform, I just don’t understand what the issue was. She had great curves and looked toned. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Two weeks until final squad announcement? That's torture for those rookies, let alone us!  

So What are they going to do next week they have their first pre season home game they goin to do vets only at the game 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Two weeks until final squad announcement? That's torture for those rookies, let alone us!  

The first home game is on Saturday August 18th. I seriously doubt they will wait another two weeks to announce the new squad. They also do the Family and Friends Performance the day before their first home game.

19 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

If the 2 week rumor is true, that’s just pathetic. I’ve complained about the long process before, so I won’t reiterate it, but seriously, it’s not that hard. Make a decision, remove the cloud from these girls’ heads, and move on to the season. 

Dayton should be thanking her lucky stars that she was cut when she was. It would’ve been terrible if she had missed out this (better IMO) opportunity, only to be strung along for the entire summer and then cut at the end.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, DBAAT said:

I disagree with the boob comment. A lot of these girls have no boobs at all. I remember when Kendall was auditioning, She was totally flat. That is why I love DCC. They don't expect these women to look like playmates. 

Well, I think they do. But they want them to also act like they’re pure innocent girls while shaking their ass in a tiny uniform.

11 hours ago, Tootie said:

TCC Kristin is in AAIA training camp!  She was cut the day before they (AAIA) auditioned.  I really hope she comes back next year!!  Brittany Myricks, too!

aaia Kristin post tcc.jpg

She’s SO beautiful. Yes I’m bitter but I can’t believe she was cut when VK is still in camp.

16 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

TPTB thought they were fooling us, but the members of Previously TV are smarter than the average bear. Your cynicism is shared by myself. 

Is it Thursday night, yet???

Oh I totally buy this. It’s really interesting that Shelly said her cut was unexpected-someone who is so involved and basically spends more time with the girls than Kelli, should definitely know how each girl is doing. And Shelly has always been quite calculated with what she’s posting so...

• Love 4
13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

And a cot at the gym - with a trainer less than 10 minutes away - ready to start the next workout session.

I would say the show motivates me to do a  little something at least on Thursday...its hard watching women who are fit, toned, with a low BMI... and here I sit watching them not doing anything to my own body.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Anonymous20 said:

Just got word that they moved back the date when they will let the girls know the final team. They were told that they will know in the next 2 weeks.

Hmmmm. . . .this could get interesting, especially if true.  I could see them pushing things back until Monday, maybe Tuesday, but not for another two weeks, but what do I know?  I suspect it's because they know they have to cut at least one, maybe two (if not more) girls and REALLY don't want to have to pull the trigger on those last cuts thus, pushing back the squad announcement until Kelli and Judy get up the courage to make those last cuts.  Seriously, if they're having doubts about some of the girls (or the cuts themselves), rip the band-aid off, make the cuts, and deal with the repercussions.

17 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:
4 hours ago, Anonymous20 said:

Hmmmm. . . .this could get interesting, especially if true. 

I think we're being jested with.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I think we're being jested with.

That could very well be.  I guess I should wait to post until I'm fully awake and have had some caffeine.  Still, if there haven't been any additional cuts (and if they're still looking for a squad of 36, maybe 38), then there will be a bloodbath of up to four cuts tonight, especially if they're going to be announcing the squad today.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

That could very well be.  I guess I should wait to post until I'm fully awake and have had some caffeine.  Still, if there haven't been any additional cuts (and if they're still looking for a squad of 36, maybe 38), then there will be a bloodbath of up to four cuts tonight, especially if they're going to be announcing the squad today.

I thinking we are being jested with also. I think the first preseason game is tonight with the Cowboys game being shown on Thursday Night Football. It does seem TC has been going on and on. If it is frustrating for us, imagine what the girls are going through. I do think there will be a blood bath with cuts  with the squad being made up with 36 girls.