Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, Kayce said:

Sighhhhhh... Holly would have .  

Maddie from Far West, UT might hang with them like a hair in a biscuit.  Her solo was fabulous this year.

Edited by MssdDrms
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, ShellyB said:

M-Th

So maybe they're announcing the team Thursday? I would really like for them to do something different and announce it at the beginning of TC..like when the girls are stretching or something completely unexpected.

47 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

Maddie from Far West, UT might hang with them like a hair in a biscuit.  Her solo was fabulous this year.

Lmao! Hair in a biscuit?. Is there somewhere to see full solos? 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, dancerforlife said:

I’m not saying cut her just to cut her for drama. Though re-reading it comes off that way. I’m saying cut her because she isn’t pretty enough IMO. But I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

All I’m saying is, I don’t think she’s  any more deserving of a spot just because it’s taken her 4 tries...if there are other talented, beautiful rookies who out dance her, I don’t think she should have the upper hand just because “she wants it so bad.” Lots of girls want it bad, that doesn’t make them a DCC.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Same thing goes for Christina IMO. 

I'm sure Brennan is a lovely girl. Very sweet, hardworking, and intelligent, but that does not mean you deserve to be a DCC. Rewatching last season I'm also sick of everyone saying Brennan looks "stressed" or "worried". Can we call a spade a spade? Put nicely, she doesn't have a "HD friendly" face. I don't care how relaxed she gets or if you tell her she's on the team 150% guaranteed, her face is going to stay that way. To me, cameos last season just solidified that. I struggled not to laugh out loud when she said something like "yeah pulling my chin up made me look and feel like a completely different person!!" Oh bless her heart...

• Love 10
Just now, ByTor said:

That's subjective, I think Brennan is gorgeous :)

Of course! In general beauty is totally subjective. Although thus far it appears to be the majority opinion in training camp (and possibly here?) that it's not too HD friendly. 

• Love 3
Just now, 5678Pixie said:

Maybe the will announce the team tomorrow at ATT Stadium.

DCC Miranda‏ @DCC_Miranda 2h2 hours ago

DCC Miranda Retweeted Cowboys Cheerleaders

THIS WAS AN AMAZING CAMP! So sad camps @thestarinfrisco are over with for this summer, but so ready to head to @ATTStadium tomorrow!

This is about DCC Camp for kids.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Lmao! Hair in a biscuit?. Is there somewhere to see full solos? 

I wish there was a place to see all of the solos in full, but I’ve not found it yet.  I thought maybe if you buy the seasons from Amazon, they might be in the extras.  They should be IMO.

2 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

I wish there was a place to see all of the solos in full, but I’ve not found it yet.  I thought maybe if you buy the seasons from Amazon, they might be in the extras.  They should be IMO.

Yes! It wud b great to see them, maybe they cud start with the routines that get the Barbies. Or do a special episode of the team members solos. I’d love to see them all. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I was just about to say that I thought Holly did try to get on SYTYCD and didn’t make it very far. That’s not to put her down. She’s a fantastic dancer, but there are lots of fantastic dancers out there. 

When I think of a DCC who most has/had the skill set to do be successful in the dance industry generally, Olivia (Kitty’s ex DIL) comes to mind.

Yes I agree. Olivia has had credible roles in musicals. Not sure if she made it to Broadway but some off Broadway productions. Wasn't she in Cats or a remake of it?

Carissa and Jacie have also gone on to dance careers. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, go4luca said:

It looks like the Oxnard DCC helped out the Oxnard Police with their lip sync challenge.  Start at 2:35 and go to 3:50.

https://vimeo.com/283555498#t=155s

The best part is the lady standing on her terrace watching.  I can hear her telling her friends, "No s&$t, there I was watching my shows on the DVR.  Next thing I know there are five cops outside my apartment singing.  And the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders dancing.  No. Really.  The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. It happened.  Really.  Just off my terrace."

• Love 12
12 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

My dad has a home in Ft. Myers so if you live there..........ME JEALOUS !  I want waffle fries now..   By the way the worst TCC ever was Carla from season 7

For me, it would be Karissa with the line-brows (Not Carisa the angel from NC who is just lovely). Karissa just hit all of my BS-ometers and thirstiness markers and I just felt like...we were getting con artist vibes. I don’t know why hahaha. She really did talk her way into TC. Carla...that poor girl was set up to fail. 

• Love 6
On 8/6/2018 at 8:28 PM, CashandPrizes212 said:

Ok, ok friends: This was intended as a light reminder that just because someone on here says something that sounds remotely credible, that doesn’t mean you have to run with it as #fact. Grain of salt (on your Chik-Fil-A waffle fries) please :)

You got me on everything except the 15 pounders ? aw man. 

Just now, Big fan of DCC MTT said:

I think Brennan is very pretty and talented. 

Me too. I remember Jinelle’s first try and I thought she didn’t have the DCC look but she ended up being a fave. If Brennan makes the team her happiness and dedication will shine thru. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, go4luca said:

It looks like the Oxnard DCC helped out the Oxnard Police with their lip sync challenge.  Start at 2:35 and go to 3:50.

https://vimeo.com/283555498#t=155s

Maddie looks soft here. 

Nice to see Gina in the front. Figured that was saved for the GL as the other 3 are there. Wonder why they put Amy in the 2nd row...

Edited by KatieLen
1 minute ago, 5678Pixie said:

Once again Victoria makes her way to the front row.

Seems like she likes to be around the vets more then the rookies

Just now, KatieLen said:

I count 38 here. Is there anyone that looks cut off?

No 

Just now, Synspice said:

I don't see Ashlee or Briana in this picture.

There is one girl in the middle I can’t tell who it is bc it’s kind of blurry in between savannah and Caroline !

So, right now it's looking like there are only two black women on that picture posted above:  Khalyn and Malena.  Have there been any other squads with that few of black women?  

• Love 1
Just now, Jesslyn said:

Looks cut off to me. Instagram makes photos square. 

I only cropped the top and bottom to make it smaller there isn’t anyone’s hands or anything indicating there was someone cut off I wish I could post the original

4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I only cropped the top and bottom to make it smaller there isn’t anyone’s hands or anything indicating there was someone cut off I wish I could post the original

I mean the actual Instagram post, if that is what you mean by original.  I am pretty sure the Instagram photo isn’t the original, but when it’s posted, Instagram crops the sides to square out the photo. Happens to me all the time, so I add white to the top and bottom using an app if posting will crop it on the sides. 

I could be totally wrong on this photo though, I’m just saying it COULD be cut off. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 1
Just now, Jesslyn said:

I mean the actual Instagram post, if that is what you mean by original.  I am pretty sure the Instagram photo isn’t the original, but when it’s posted, Instagram crops the sides to square out the photo. Happens to me all the time, so I add white to the top and bottom using an app if posting will crop it on the sides. 

Makes sense 

4 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

I could be totally wrong on this photo though, I’m just saying it COULD be cut off. 

Makes total sense there’s one girl I really can’t tell who she is she is between savannah and Caroline can you tell who she is 

49 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Newest picture as of two days ago 

191CBEFA-EFF0-4C9F-914B-9AA665A2D4A9.jpeg

Just VK being the only rookie in the front row is what keeps me irritated at the situation.  As a dancer in the style of DCC, she is not impressive. I’m wondering where she’ll b placed in the group photo since rookies r historically in the back row. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Just VK being the only rookie in the front row is what keeps me irritated at the situation.  As a dancer in the style of DCC, she is not impressive. I’m wondering where she’ll b placed in the group photo since rookies r historically in the back row. 

I’m not sure but hopefully she will be in the back row and but like they say anywhere your in the picture is a prominent post !! I’m surprised to see Alexis in the back in this picture superised she wasn’t up towards the front with the other vets 

1 hour ago, Tootie said:

Get to know the new rookies! Meet Victoria + get her story.
Interesting that it says "get to know the new rookies"....  not rookie candidates.

I can’t stand the wink.  I know.  I’m an awful person, but I really hate it.

• Love 16
32 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I can’t stand the wink.  I know.  I’m an awful person, but I really hate it.

I’ve lost my enthusiasm for this season, feel like VK is getting shoved down r throats. The only redemption for me at this point wud be if she was the final cut before the team announcement and was told she’s just not there yet but take some classes and come back. Kelli cud b in tears, Judy cud b in tears, Tina cud b outside the door wailing! Now there’s some ratings! IMO

Edited by Trixi
Afterthought
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, TeacherWoman said:

The best part is the lady standing on her terrace watching.  I can hear her telling her friends, "No s&$t, there I was watching my shows on the DVR.  Next thing I know there are five cops outside my apartment singing.  And the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders dancing.  No. Really.  The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. It happened.  Really.  Just off my terrace."

It’s hot here in SoCal so I’m cooling off with an Otter Pop.  Which just about took flight across my bedroom due to me laughing so hard.  You slay me @TeacherWoman.  ?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

Maddie's been my favorite.  She got cut in her first training camp (personally, she didn't really have the DCC "look") and when she came back her second year, I was blown away by her attitude (none) and her now curly hair.  A lot of you think she looks like a kid, but I don't see it that way at all.  Maddie's seriously sexy and a powerful dancer.  I'm to the point where she's a better dancer than Holly.

• Love 23