Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Trixi said:

She turned me off during the camp when she was called out for her flexiblity and came across as kinda whiny about being ‘injured’. Just seemed like making excuses to me. Idk. I do like her look better now that she went shorter and lighter, less mousy looking. 

She cried constantly but in a whiny way.  She had an excuse for everything, including forgetting to breathe when she was winded. I think what turned me off is that she appeared to me IMHO to feel entitled because she tried out for 5 years.   She’s not the only one.  

Bigskygirl:   You are right.  It was her solo Kitty liked.   I think I was under the impression she had been in classes with her.  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

No Victoria in the pix.  I wonder if they keep her out of all pix so people don't talk bad about her since she has gained 15 pounds.  

What the what???  And they are tolerating this?  Well, obviously they are, unless she was cut and no one has let it leak yet.  If she does end up making the squad, will her uniform even fit for the 1st game?  Seriously, though, maybe she should get checked out by a medical professional to make sure nothing else is going on.  Even if she does no working out outside of rehearsals, she should be burning tons of calories just from the dancing, plus she has age on her side, I can't imagine eating that much that she would gain so much weight.

6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Somebody mentioned it might be bc she is the youngest on the squad 

I was one who mentioned it, I certainly think it could be a factor (of course if the rumors are true there could be a whole other reason).  I also think age could be a reason you don't really see Brennan with them...that plus she probably doesn't have a whole lot of free time with her job.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 7
On 8/3/2018 at 2:51 PM, Dinahsb said:

I’m wondering why any Mom would want their 18 year old to be DCC instead of pursuing college. 

If dancing is the goal, maybe the mom sees a better opportunity with DCC than wasting money on college for dance and hoping to pull a gig after four years. I'm one that doesn't necessarily believe college is a MUST and that it is for everyone.

12 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

No Victoria in the pix.  I wonder if they keep her out of all pix so people don't talk bad about her since she has gained 15 pounds.  

I seriously doubt she even gained 15 pounds. Like I said before, she's young. She probably isn't really friends w/ people because of her age.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, TinyHands said:

I feel like these girls are all older (22-26ish), college grads and living on their own. Victoria is 18 and just graduated from high school. I get why they wouldn’t hang out.

But she’s not the first 18 y.o on the squad. Plus, the only photos I’ve seen of her throughout tc were with a vet, so it doesn’t look like her age is the issue. 

Are we going to get any leaks??? 

I feel so sad for Kristin. She is stunning and her vids are quite good so I doubt the issue is her not picking up the dcc style. If it’s memory issues, well they’ve taken other girls with memory issues so...

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I feel so sad for Kristin. She is stunning and her vids are quite good so I doubt the issue is her not picking up the dcc style. If it’s memory issues, well they’ve taken other girls with memory issues so...

But somebody has to get cut. Even if they brought 45 perfect 10s into TC, some would have to get the axe, whether the reason for it is major or minor.

33 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

If dancing is the goal, maybe the mom sees a better opportunity with DCC than wasting money on college for dance and hoping to pull a gig after four years. I'm one that doesn't necessarily believe college is a MUST and that it is for everyone.

I believe someone posted several weeks ago that Victoria is going to college in the fall. I think they said TCU.

Whether you like Victoria or not, it seems clear she is a hard worker and very goal-oriented, so I seriously doubt that she would suddenly sabotage herself by gaining weight during TC. 

Question: What do TCU students and SMU students have in common?

Answer: They all got into TCU.

Haha, I love that joke.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, KTUCKER20 said:

I didn't realise Madeline and Erin were best friends. It will be fun to see them make the team together.

Madeline, Erin, and Taylor J are all super super close!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Is there even a way to gain 15 pounds in like 4-6 weeks? I thought most weight gain was gradual and not all of a sudden unless you're seriously binging out on junk food every night.

If she truly has gained the weight, it wouldn't have to be because of a junk food binge every night, but, if Victoria doesn't pay attention to what or how much she's eating, then that's an easy way to gain the weight without going through a drive through.  She could eat a lot and say she's burning it off every night, but may truly not be.  Or she could be eating more due to stress, wanting to please her mom but feels she isn't living up to her, being in Training Camp and knowing that people think the main reasons she's there is because of her mom, any number of things that she can't quite articulate or want to think about.

1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

I would be stunned if Stage Mom would let her gain an ounce during TC.  I imagine her weighing every day.

I could totally see this happening, especially if they're trying to keep up the idea that she's working out so much due to her genetics making it easy to gain weight. 

1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

I seriously doubt she even gained 15 pounds. Like I said before, she's young. She probably isn't really friends w/ people because of her age.

It wouldn't be the first time a girl has gained weight in Training Camp or hasn't lost it in the time she's actually there.  There have been multiple reports over the years (and we've seen it on the show) where girls have gained weight or haven't lost it in a healthy manner.  Liz Reuter is the first girl to come to mind who needed to tone up because she was soft in the stomach area.  There are others who have done so.  They've all said they'll do more exercise or a different type of exercise to lose the weight but I've yet to see one girl say she's going to change her diet as well, which would contribute more to weight loss, especially if they're already working out.  

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Same.  Nor would it be allowed.  Until I see it, I don't believe it.

It's possible we'll see it addressed on the show, but I doubt it.  If they did, the first time they'd bring it up would likely be at cameos since it was said she gained the weight some time between uniform fittings and cameos. 

• Love 1

I gained 10 to 15 pounds after I started taking medication for Graves Disease (autoimmune thyroid disorder-hyperthyroidism,) and a beta blocker for borderline high blood pressure within a month. My primary care provider at the time could not believe it since hyperthyroidism can cause a person to lose weight instead of gaining weight. Certain medications and medical issues can cause a person to lose or gain weight within a certain period of time. Stress can also cause a big weight gain or weight lost within a certain amount of time also.

2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

It wouldn't be the first time a girl has gained weight in Training Camp or hasn't lost it in the time she's actually there. 

Maybe she gained weight, maybe she didn't, but I imagine her weight is somewhat of an issue, otherwise I don't think episode 1 would have included that part about Tina having had weight issues.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ByTor said:

What the what???  And they are tolerating this?  Well, obviously they are, unless she was cut and no one has let it leak yet.  If she does end up making the squad, will her uniform even fit for the 1st game?  Seriously, though, maybe she should get checked out by a medical professional to make sure nothing else is going on.  Even if she does no working out outside of rehearsals, she should be burning tons of calories just from the dancing, plus she has age on her side, I can't imagine eating that much that she would gain so much weight.

I was one who mentioned it, I certainly think it could be a factor (of course if the rumors are true there could be a whole other reason).  I also think age could be a reason you don't really see Brennan with them...that plus she probably doesn't have a whole lot of free time with her job.

When I was 24, you would not have caught me dead hanging around with 18 year olds.  Also, this is only half the people who are still in TC, so I am not reading anything into this other than 9 girls having a good time.

• Love 8

Victoria could have gained 15 pounds during camp. It's conceivable that she was dieting and lost weight in preparation for auditions and then, for whatever reason, stress, etc., has put it back on

8 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Is there even a way to gain 15 pounds in like 4-6 weeks? I thought most weight gain was gradual and not all of a sudden unless you're seriously binging out on junk food every night.

Her abs were a tad soft in tryouts so any weight gain wud definitely show. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Her abs were a tad soft in tryouts so any weight gain wud definitely show. 

Plus your metabolism gets used to the intense cardio that they’re doing night after night, so people that struggle with body type will always have to add different types of work-outs to actually lose weight. If she’s going through a drive-through at 11pm every night, or binge eating after practice and isn’t adding another type of work out during the day, she could put on weight easily. That obviously requires a ton of discipline. 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

There's like no correct place to put this, but Vivian's tin man solo HAD to be a producers influence right? There's no way she willingly went into that and thought "this solo is bomb"

My theory is she thought she had the fan vote in the bag, so she went in with one of the worse solo in DCC finals history knowing she could do a bad solo and still make it to TC. Not saying CMT producers had a hand in it, but this is my theory, and I am sticking to it.

4 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Whether you like Victoria or not, it seems clear she is a hard worker and very goal-oriented, so I seriously doubt that she would suddenly sabotage herself by gaining weight during TC. 

Haha, I love that joke.

My daughter is at Tulane and the joke there is What do Tulane students and LSU students have in common?  They all got into LSU.

I tell her to quit being a private school snot since it's her father's and my public college educations that are bankrolling her!

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

This was 4 days ago. Does it look like she has put on 15 pounds? 

I don’t know about 15, but I don’t know how tall she is. I DO see a bulge coming out of her top- on the side. I also see enough tummy; I bet there’s some jiggling going on.  She’s running out of time to lose it, because that much won’t come off in a couple of weeks, IMO. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I don’t know about 15, but I don’t know how tall she is. I DO see a bulge coming out of her top- on the side. I also see enough tummy; I bet there’s some jiggling going on.  She’s running out of time to lose it, because that much won’t come off in a couple of weeks, IMO. 

I just had to convert 15 pounds to kilos as i didn't actually know how much it was.. (Cmon America, get with the rest of the world and use the metric system lol) No way has she gained that much! She definitely looks softer in the stomach but not 15 pounds soft! 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

If she’s going through a drive-through at 11pm every night, or binge eating after practice and isn’t adding another type of work out during the day, she could put on weight easily

Plus eating too soon before bed is never a great idea.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

When I was 24, you would not have caught me dead hanging around with 18 year olds.  Also, this is only half the people who are still in TC, so I am not reading anything into this other than 9 girls having a good time.

Totally. If you can’t legally drink, and can’t get into bars etc, there’s not much socializing you can do as an 18 year old with 24 year olds. Is there anyone on the team close to VK age?

17 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

And while I’m sure there was plenty of pics taken that nite, it’s par for the course that the one Kelli posted has VK front and center?

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Trixi said:

And while I’m sure there was plenty of pics taken that nite, it’s par for the course that the one Kelli posted has VK front and center?

We all know that Victoria is Kitty's favorite. I am surprised she hasn't posted any pix of Victoria or come on here to defend her.  

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

But she’s not the first 18 y.o on the squad. Plus, the only photos I’ve seen of her throughout tc were with a vet, so it doesn’t look like her age is the issue. 

Are we going to get any leaks??? 

I wonder if it's her kicks ?   I agree with you ~ she is beautiful and by the few vids I've seen of her dancing, she def looks like she's picking up the dcc style........I'm disappointed, I was pulling for Kristin!

• Love 3

So DCC insta said 12 days till first preseason game. Plus squad photo before that. That's 4 cuts in a very short time.   When was the squad photo released before? I can't remember if it is before the preseason opener or not. 

6 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

So DCC insta said 12 days till first preseason game. Plus squad photo before that. That's 4 cuts in a very short time.   When was the squad photo released before? I can't remember if it is before the preseason opener or not. 

My money is on a team of 38 this year

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Trixi said:

Her mid section is no bueno. She is a pretty girl, though. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

Plus your metabolism gets used to the intense cardio that they’re doing night after night, so people that struggle with body type will always have to add different types of work-outs to actually lose weight. If she’s going through a drive-through at 11pm every night, or binge eating after practice and isn’t adding another type of work out during the day, she could put on weight easily. That obviously requires a ton of discipline. 

A bit off topic, but how can they add in any more workouts? I’m not even asking how it would fit into their supposedly full time job/school-tc at night schedule (it doesn’t). But they are dancing for 3-4 hours every night, plus any individual practice, plus GL practice. They’ve said before that they have mandatory workouts before that. They’re putting too much strain to their bodies for a part time gig.

• Love 1

I don't think it's 15 pounds, but Victoria has gained weight in training camp.  It's not going to get her eliminated though as it was explained away as "just nerves."  And whereas other candidates are called out for weight in front of the other candidates, Victoria's was handled discretely behind the scenes (filming wasn't allowed).  Personally I think that's what happens when you tell a girl before the season that she's going to have a certain storyline that will end with her making the squad.  People don't work hard for things that are freely given to them.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Haha, I love that joke.

Made me snicker...I applied to both, got into TCU and waitlisted for SMU ? TCU was my preference anyway bc of my degree path, but still. I ended up going to SMU for my MBA, so the DFW private schools got way too much of my $$$!! 

As far as exercise goes, I’ve got to think weight training and/or Pilates and barre are a must in addition to the dancing at least a few times a week. That said, it’s real hard to put train a garbage diet. I don’t know a ton of 18 year olds who keep their focus on meats, fruits and veggies. Even dance ones! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JayDKay said:

She and Erin look kind of similar (looks wise) in this photo. 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I don't think it's 15 pounds, but Victoria has gained weight in training camp.  It's not going to get her eliminated though as it was explained away as "just nerves."  And whereas other candidates are called out for weight in front of the other candidates, Victoria's was handled discretely behind the scenes (filming wasn't allowed).  Personally I think that's what happens when you tell a girl before the season that she's going to have a certain storyline that will end with her making the squad.  People don't work hard for things that are freely given to them.

Or should we say "handed to her on a silver platter"

• Love 5