@tootie Hil ar e ous!!

13 minutes ago, Tootie said:

;)

2018-08-07 (1).png

2018-08-07.png

‘Outta my way b*****s this is my show’

Edited by Trixi
  • Love 9

Hoping Briana improved from her Titans performances:  was smiling, & performing with power during TC.  She worked all off-season in Dallas to try and make it this year.  Hoping she was just cut off in that pic?.  Question:  Did Paris make it to TC?  Am I missing her in the pic?  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, DKay said:

Hoping Briana improved from her Titans performances:  was smiling, & performing with power during TC.  She worked all off-season in Dallas to try and make it this year.  Hoping she was just cut off in that pic?.  Question:  Did Paris make it to TC?  Am I missing her in the pic?  

No, she didn't make it to finals.

2 hours ago, Trixi said:

Just VK being the only rookie in the front row is what keeps me irritated at the situation.  As a dancer in the style of DCC, she is not impressive. I’m wondering where she’ll b placed in the group photo since rookies r historically in the back row. 

When we were talking about her always being in front before auditions, several of you said dancers will do that.  But I think the concern was this type of situation.  She’s a rookie candidate and should be with the others.  Her group leader should say something.  And if she won’t- bring in Meredith Oden’s mom!!!  I have the feeling she respects tradition.  Victoria needs to respect tradition, sisterhood, etc before she retires, or heck, before she makes the team.  Because when they ask her fellow DCC what one word they would use to describe her, I’m thinking pushy, privileged, pampered.  I like her but I’ve watched MTT since the 2 hour special and there is definitely a difference in what she is doing compared to other rookies.  And I’m saying this after one episode, several promos and a lot of social media.  I bet there are veterans and alumni just zipping their lips.

• Love 19
18 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Oh, Meredith Oden's Mom......she is a peach. :) Tina could stand to follow her example.

I loved Meredith's mom.  I got the feeling she would have called Kelli and said if Meredith does anything wrong let me know, and I'll take care of it.  Totally opposite of what I see Tina doing.  Kim sewing Meredith's shorts and saying how short they were and don't tell your dad was so special.  

Some vet...............or alumni needs to tell VK to grow up.  I hope the story of JennK trying to tell VK that's not how DCC acts is true.

I've seen vets go to bat for their rookies.  I've always wondered if the group leaders ever tell J & K that a rookie won't make it or is a problem.  Cassie and Ally did it in front of everyone but you could tell from the other vets' faces that they were all over Taylor that season.  Like Vivian, I could see a group leader saying they were done with her entitled attitude and inconsistent performance.

Edited by Lexusprincess
spell check problem
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

Maddie's been my favorite.  She got cut in her first training camp (personally, she didn't really have the DCC "look") and when she came back her second year, I was blown away by her attitude (none) and her now curly hair.  A lot of you think she looks like a kid, but I don't see it that way at all.  Maddie's seriously sexy and a powerful dancer.  I'm to the point where she's a better dancer than Holly.

About Maddie - I 100% agree!  She's a beautiful, well rounded young lady with a great head on her shoulders!  Aside from being an exceptional dancer - she's smart, polite and kind-hearted. <3 her... 

Victoria dahhhling - Please save the winks for the gentlemen's club dance floor....sorry, not sorry.

Edited by WickedMom
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, DancingForLife said:

And THERE she is - front row in between the vets??I'd like to give her a fair chance to get to know & like her- but posts like this make me go uggh!!!!

I’m going to give her a fair chance !! Maybe she just gets along with the vets more then the rookies 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Trixi said:

Just VK being the only rookie in the front row is what keeps me irritated at the situation.  As a dancer in the style of DCC, she is not impressive. I’m wondering where she’ll b placed in the group photo since rookies r historically in the back row. 

Cassie was definely not in the back row her rookie year. If I remember correctly, she had a nice spot on the side where she was very visible. I bet VK will get the same preferential treatment.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, MelissaB326 said:

Cassie was definely not in the back row her rookie year. If I remember correctly, she had a nice spot on the side where she was very visible. I bet VK will get the same preferential treatment.

I heard  that they are going to shake it up this year-- VK is group 1 leader & Point!!!!!

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

I loved Meredith's mom.  I got the feeling she would have called Kelli and said if Meredith does anything wrong let me know, and I'll take care of it.  Totally opposite of what I see Tina doing.  Kim sewing Meredith's shorts and saying how short they were and don't tell your dad was so special.  

Some vet...............or alumni needs to tell VK to grow up.  I hope the story of JennK trying to tell VK that's not how DCC acts is true.

I've seen vets go to bat for their rookies.  I've always wondered if the group leaders ever tell J & K that a rookie won't make it or is a problem.  Cassie and Ally did it in front of everyone but you could tell from the other vets' faces that they were all over Taylor that season.  Like Vivian, I could see a group leader saying they were done with her entitled attitude and inconsistent performance.

I don’t see Jenn K putting up with it if VK was acting out in her class.

I know some people didn’t like when Cassie and Ally told off Taylor during class but I got the feeling everyone was sick of her and Cassie especially felt like she was in a position to tell it like it was. Taylor was so immature and annoying that season, you could just tell she was pissing off all the other girls. Ashton was annoyed when she showed up late to a practice with her and barely acknowledged it, as she should be. Sydney looked completely over her when she had to deal with Taylor.

Let’s hope a vet steps up and puts VK in her place at some point. 

Edited by MelissaB326
Typo
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

I don’t see Jenn K putting up with it if VK was acting out in her class.

I know some people didn’t like when Cassie and Ally told off Taylor during class but I got the feeling everyone was sick of her and Cassie especially felt like she was in a position to tell it like it was. Taylor was so immature and annoying that season, you could just tell she was pissing off all the other girls. Ashton was annoyed when she showed up late to a practice with her and barely acknowledged it, as she should be. Sydney looked completely over her when she had to deal with Taylor.

Let’s hope a vet steps up and puts VK in her place at some point. 

Taylor needed to be told off... I agree completely. She was an immature entitled mess. Cassie not my fave, but Taylor had it coming that day.

Abigail Klein also had a great spot in the squad photo her rookie year... didn’t she??? I know by year two she was in the front for sure!

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Taylor needed to be told off... I agree completely. She was an immature entitled mess. Cassie not my fave, but Taylor had it coming that day.

Abigail Klein also had a great spot in the squad photo her rookie year... didn’t she??? I know by year two she was in the front for sure!

I think Abigail was in the front row her rookie year along with fellow rookie Loni ?

• Love 5
8 hours ago, DKay said:

Sounds like you know her/of her. Did you meet her during her time in TN at any appearances/performances?

1 hour ago, Lexusprincess said:

If VK's position is as cemented as has been rumored, why would any Vet risk falling into disfavor with the brass to put her in her place?  And for what, the reputation of the sisterhood?  If the top ranks are sending a clear signal that THEY don't care about that, and this girl WILL make the squad, I certainly wouldn't push it.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MelissaB326 said:

I remember Judy trying to justify the cheerleader positions in saying that the more years they had, the closer in the photos they would be.  All I could do was snort when Cassie was put closer to the front on the side her rookie year.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

I think Abigail was in the front row her rookie year along with fellow rookie Loni ?

Abigail is so pretty that I just can’t fault her being in a very visible position rookie year even if it isn’t fair ??‍♀️

• Love 14
2 hours ago, DancingForLife said:

Nope- know your place! You're not a front row girl- get in the back sugar ?

Exactly-she doesn’t have to be bffs with them to be on the rookie row.

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Please don’t compare Abigail to Cassie and VK. Of course they would put her front and center!

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

I remember Judy trying to justify the cheerleader positions in saying that the more years they had, the closer in the photos they would be.  All I could do was snort when Cassie was put closer to the front on the side her rookie year.

Seriously.  It took Sunni Cranfill three years to get out of the back rows to the front half where Cassie was her rookie year, and Sunni was a very accomplished and well liked DCC.  I could never understand why they stashed Sunni in the back like that.

• Love 7

I can only imagine how it is for girls on the squad with VK around. 

If it were me, I'd feel as though I had a company narc amongst us.  It would definitely impinge on my enjoyment as I'd never be able to fully relax.  Always at the back of my mind would be if something I'd said or done was being reported.  Not just with VK, but with any legacy ie: Cassie, etc.  This isn't a knock against Cassie, just a general, personal feeling.  I don't think I would have had that feeling with Dayton though.  Can't exactly say why.  I don't personally know these girls but I've never felt that type of vibe from what I've seen of Dayton.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DancingForLife said:

I heard  that they are going to shake it up this year-- VK is group 1 leader & Point!!!!!

I heard they are going to let VK sit on Judys stool during office visits and give her feedback too!!m

Edited to add: don’t you wish there was a “Pom” ceremony at the end of each episode?  “Unfortunately we do not have a Pom for you. This will be your last night. Please pack your bags and drive home”

Edited by Stee
  • Love 19
On 8/6/2018 at 3:12 PM, ByTor said:

Maybe she gained weight, maybe she didn't, but I imagine her weight is somewhat of an issue, otherwise I don't think episode 1 would have included that part about Tina having had weight issues.

That is so true. Once you have been watching the show for a while you start to pick up clues about how training camp went - like comments at the start of the series about the weight requirements and then someone gets cut for weight later on.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Trixi said:

I agree - why is she the only rookie in the front? Is it because she is a legacy? AND that legacy is Kelli's BEST friend! She has called Tina K her best friend for years on the show!

13 hours ago, Tootie said:

Interesting that it says "get to know the new rookies"....  not rookie candidates.

More evidence AFAIC that the "rumor" that she was guaranteed a spot is not a mere rumor.

• Love 3

I'm interested to see how everything plays out on the show and if Dayton really was struggling as someone in the thread stated. As of now I'm cynical and wondering if they brought Dayton in just to cut her, so they can legitimize VK being there. As in " see, we don't play favorites, there is no nepotism, or we wouldn't have cut Dayton. If VK wasn't fantastic we would have cut her too"

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, jlc said:

I agree - why is she the only rookie in the front? Is it because she is a legacy? AND that legacy is Kelli's BEST friend! She has called Tina K her best friend for years on the show!

We've had these same conversations in past years - why is rookie so-and-so in the front? I refuse to believe that they all jockey for the best position or organize themselves by rank in every group photo. That would just be so unbelievably stupid, petty, and pointless, my brain could not handle it.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 6
On 8/7/2018 at 11:01 AM, bigskygirl said:

The scene with Jinelle. I hope I do not start crying. #teamJinelle

Do you remember when Kelli thought Jinelle was ugly in the studio but that the big screen tv made her look better?

16 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I'm interested to see how everything plays out on the show and if Dayton really was struggling as someone in the thread stated. As of now I'm cynical and wondering if they brought Dayton in just to cut her, so they can legitimize VK being there. As in " see, we don't play favorites, there is no nepotism, or we wouldn't have cut Dayton. If VK wasn't fantastic we would have cut her too"

That is a really good point!

• Love 3
On 8/5/2018 at 10:07 PM, Middlemom said:

I thought she was pretty, too, but she was a mess in camp.

Morgan Jordan also was unable to remember the dances. They have cut so many girls for that exact same thing that I'm just not sure why they kept her.

They kept Morgan because Kelli really liked her "look".

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

We've had these same conversations in past years - why is rookie so-and-so in the front? I refuse to believe that they all jockey for the best position or organize themselves by rank in every group photo. That would just be so unbelievably stupid, petty, and pointless, my brain could not handle it.

I totally agree! Am thinking it just might be understood that vets take the front, OR we’d see a good mix up of vets and rookies throughout the picture (if let’s say group 4 just finished up and the rest of the gang hops up to take a photo) but it’s legit justttt VK in the front and all other rookies in the back, so I think it’s a little odd...

VK’s intro speech to the judges in episode 1 was super embarrassing. Did anyone else notice that she didn’t say anything like, “I want to continue on my mother’s legacy as a DCC if I am lucky enough to be chosen for the team” or anything like that (she didn’t include the italicized text, but I think should have)? There was another comment (something like, “can’t wait to see who all else makes it to semis”) where I was like jeez girl, at least throw in something that doesn’t make you look so entitled like you know it’s a given you’re making it to the next round!

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, jlc said:

They kept Morgan because Kelli really liked her "look".

It tickled me that when she tried out for her second year, she was out danced, and then showed up to her interview late . . .

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Exactly-she doesn’t have to be bffs with them to be on the rookie row.

Please don’t compare Abigail to Cassie and VK. Of course they would put her front and center!

I wasn’t comparing them. 

2 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

Abigail is so pretty that I just can’t fault her being in a very visible position rookie year even if it isn’t fair ??‍♀️

Oh that’s exactly why they put her in front.... I was simply just bringing up another rookie who had a primo spot in the squad photo. 

• Love 4

It's an interesting thought and it crossed my mind as well, but as much as K/J/C give zero Fs, I have to believe they wouldn't bring Dayton in just to cut her for the purpose of defending nepotism.  That's just cruel.  She had a chance and had to have been cut for a legitimate reason, no matter how subjective that reason might have been. 

Oddly enough, the TK/VK duo doesn't bother me (I know).  I think VK has that pop that will present well on the big screen.  But I also agree she should have had the self-awareness to get into the picture with the rest of the rookie candidates.

• Love 5