Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, jlc said:

Do you remember when Kelli thought Jinelle was ugly in the studio but that the big screen tv made her look better?

I felt so bad for her - made her seem like the ugly duckling.  If I remember right, the big screen added "weight" to her which she needed.  I just couldn't believe that everyone at the salon, with the exception of Derek, wanted to chop her hair off.  I mean, seriously Jinelle is gorgeous with a wonderful personality. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Oddly enough, the TK/VK duo doesn't bother me (I know).  I think VK has that pop that will present well on the big screen.  But I also agree she should have had the self-awareness to get into the picture with the rest of the rookie candidates

I think that VK is a pretty girl, and she fits the look from a face and hair standpoint IMO.  But there is just no way Kelli can look at VK's figure and think it's ready for that uniform?!  Perhaps if Kelli hadn't said a zillion and two times how "unforgiving" the uniform is, and how ANY little bulge will show, it wouldn't bother me so much.  But the double standard is ridiculous.  

I feel similarly about VK's dance technique.  Perhaps she a lovely lyrical dancer, but every prep class video I've seen of her she looks s****** and out of control.  I will be very disappointed if Judy isn't calling her out on that because there's just no way she isn't seeing it.  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I’m going to give her a fair chance !! Maybe she just gets along with the vets more then the rookies 

That's what I'm thinking. She's been around them alot longer than most of the rookie candidates.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

That's what I'm thinking. She's been around them alot longer than most of the rookie candidates.

Exactly !! Plus I didn’t know your suppose to have a assigned spot when taking a fun group photo after practice!! 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

I think that VK is a pretty girl, and she fits the look from a face and hair standpoint IMO.  But there is just no way Kelli can look at VK's figure and think it's ready for that uniform?!  Perhaps if Kelli hadn't said a zillion and two times how "unforgiving" the uniform is, and how ANY little bulge will show, it wouldn't bother me so much.  But the double standard is ridiculous.  

I feel similarly about VK's dance technique.  Perhaps she a lovely lyrical dancer, but every prep class video I've seen of her she looks s****** and out of control.  I will be very disappointed if Judy isn't calling her out on that because there's just no way she isn't seeing it.  

This! She has 2 of the major issues that other TCs have been cut for. She’s soft and her dancing, from what I’ve seen, is more lyrical than powerful and more noodly than poppin. Hopefully they’ll address this on the show, if Kelli never calls her out on things she normally doesn’t tolerate then I’ll lose a bit of respect for her. Kelli isn’t doing her friends any favors by not giving honest criticism. That’s what I love about Kelli, her wanting to bring out the best in these girls. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Synspice said:

I don't see Ashlee or Briana in this picture.

I will really be upset if Briana got cut. But I said it a few pages ago..her legs are really short so I know the boots might look odd on her so if she gets cut that will be the reason why. 

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

I agree - I mean the thought crossed my mind that maybe they are being forgiving because the uniform has a blouse with enormous arm hiding sleeves.

13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

When we were talking about her always being in front before auditions, several of you said dancers will do that.  But I think the concern was this type of situation.  She’s a rookie candidate and should be with the others.  Her group leader should say something.  And if she won’t- bring in Meredith Oden’s mom!!!  I have the feeling she respects tradition.  Victoria needs to respect tradition, sisterhood, etc before she retires, or heck, before she makes the team.  Because when they ask her fellow DCC what one word they would use to describe her, I’m thinking pushy, privileged, pampered.  I like her but I’ve watched MTT since the 2 hour special and there is definitely a difference in what she is doing compared to other rookies.  And I’m saying this after one episode, several promos and a lot of social media.  I bet there are veterans and alumni just zipping their lips.

Even Cassie knew when to stand with her rookie class and take a step back. That is what kills me about Victoria. You have a guaranteed spot, okay---that's nice, but could you at least act like a rookie? Even Gina, who I think came off as the snottiest mean girl in her rookie year, knew where to pose in a picture. Being in the front constantly? Okay, I did that as a dancer too because you want to be noticed---but there is a time and place and Victoria is either naive or entitled...either way, neither is a great look. And this is why, more than her weight and lack of power in her dancing, why Kelli, Judy, Char, Tina and Co. need to be prepared for the onslaught of hate will be aimed right at them when she officially makes the team. 

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I agree - I mean the thought crossed my mind that maybe they are being forgiving because the uniform has a blouse with enormous arm hiding sleeves.

They insist this uniform requires a stick figure (with boobs of course), but let's be honest, it can be personalized with a smidge larger pair of shorts to de-emphasize someone who's soft around the middle.  Clearly that's what they'll do here.  

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, AZlover said:

According to Instagram , it appears Christina and Rachel were at ATT stadium today. Hmmmmm....

Another day of Camp DCC.

locations_37830730_837076453167343_2956050402983804928_n.jpg

Edited by go4luca
24 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Even Cassie knew when to stand with her rookie class and take a step back. That is what kills me about Victoria. You have a guaranteed spot, okay---that's nice, but could you at least act like a rookie? Even Gina, who I think came off as the snottiest mean girl in her rookie year, knew where to pose in a picture. Being in the front constantly? Okay, I did that as a dancer too because you want to be noticed---but there is a time and place and Victoria is either naive or entitled...either way, neither is a great look. And this is why, more than her weight and lack of power in her dancing, why Kelli, Judy, Char, Tina and Co. need to be prepared for the onslaught of hate will be aimed right at them when she officially makes the team

1. I think the only people who care about where she is in a photo is people on here. When a photo is taken, everyone kind of squeezes in or gets close to their friends. I'm positive she wasn't even thinking or caring about anything other than being in a photo with her friends..regardless of their DCC "class".

2. I'm pretty sure the handful of naysayers on this forum won't be such a big deal to "prepare" for. They'll be fine.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Remember when "they" commented about Brooke's arms?  I think it was Kelli that said the sleeves would hide them.

• Love 4

38162660_1078023975685835_1820827878783188992_n.thumb.jpg.964a0311d68219fe8dddd731e7282978.jpg

So proud of you Dayton.  You are special and I knew there was a greater plan for you this year especially with all the drama there will be this year.  You have been given a far greater dream.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

38162660_1078023975685835_1820827878783188992_n.thumb.jpg.964a0311d68219fe8dddd731e7282978.jpg

So proud of you Dayton.  You are special and I knew there was a greater plan for you this year especially with all the drama there will be this year.  You have been given a far greater dream.

She is going to do awesome 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

1. I think the only people who care about where she is in a photo is people on here. When a photo is taken, everyone kind of squeezes in or gets close to their friends. I'm positive she wasn't even thinking or caring about anything other than being in a photo with her friends..regardless of their DCC "class".

2. I'm pretty sure the handful of naysayers on this forum won't be such a big deal to "prepare" for. They'll be fine.

As to your second point, I remember that, when Cassie was in her first Training Camp (and then made the squad), there wasn't as much comment on the CMT board or TWOP but I remember there were comments made (mainly by Judy) about outside comments.  The thing that proved they paid attention to the public was when Cassie's issues with asthma were aired, she made excuses for it, and they didn't get after her for making those excuses, yet got after MRS the season before for "not performing like a veteran" even though she had mono and let them know she was feeling absolutely horrible.  I don't remember a LOT of comments made around that time, but I remember hearing that they apologized to MRS about it and, while some people didn't consider it a "real" apology because it was "forced" due to public pressure and the like, it did show that they actually paid attention to what was being said.  I can only hope they pay the same (or a similar amount) to the public opinion. 

I don't always trust the comments on Facebook and the like because they seem to be there only to put on a good spin for the person commenting.  They don't want people getting after them for saying something that others don't like or getting bashed or trashed for having a dissenting opinion.  Some people either don't mind or don't care, but a lot of people do.  I suspect that the truly honest opinions of the squad are shared through Messenger (on Facebook) and similar options on other social media platforms where they can remain as private as possible.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

They insist this uniform requires a stick figure (with boobs of course), but let's be honest, it can be personalized with a smidge larger pair of shorts to de-emphasize someone who's soft around the middle.  Clearly that's what they'll do here.  

The shorts only get so big.  If Victoria gains TOO much weight (and who knows how much weight she's gained, if any), she might not fit into ANY of the pre-made shorts.  If they made her a custom pair above and beyond the already-custom-made shorts because she gained too much, especially when other girls have been cut for either gaining weight or not losing the extra weight they brought into TC with them, then there's already a double-standard.  Still, that depends on if Victoria gained as much weight as was stated (anywhere between 10-15 pounds and that was several weeks ago) and if she's gained any more since then.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I don't necessarily think people actually care that much (so to speak), it's more that its DCC and there seems to be a hierarchy to everythingI mean there's even a hierarchy to the game day girl lineup.  Senior vets are always early in the season and the more junior girls are at the end of the season.  And the juniors get doubled up sometimes too.  Honestly I wouldn't care if she was down in a split in front of the photo (which would be hilarious).  It's just noticeable that she's the only pink top up front, and I thought there was something about Judy yelling vets in front for a group photo at one point.  I don't know.  I don't mind her though.  I like her enthusiasm; it seems genuine. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I will really be upset if Briana got cut. But I said it a few pages ago..her legs are really short so I know the boots might look odd on her so if she gets cut that will be the reason why. 

Pulling for Briana as well. But she has to be better than she was with the Titans to MTT. Sitting down front right in front of the Titans cheerleaders (I'm a season ticket holder since 1999), I always was disappointed at her lack of power, smile & enthusiasm. No, we never met.  I just cheered all my school years through college, and thought she needed to turn it up a few notches. Fingers crossed!!  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Weirdly (for a lyrical dancer) I feel like she’s similar to Caila. They both seem heavy dance-wise as well as shape wise. Neither is actually fat-although VK is overweight for dcc standards- but there’s just something about them that makes them look heavy. 

Edited by dreamcatcher

I don’t think one pic matters for Victoria. I think it’s that almost EVERY pic that she’s in, she puts herself in front. Not a good team mate thing to do. She should know to allow others to have opportunities as well. We’ll see what her team mates think. 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Trixi said:

Just VK being the only rookie in the front row is what keeps me irritated at the situation.  As a dancer in the style of DCC, she is not impressive. I’m wondering where she’ll b placed in the group photo since rookies r historically in the back row. 

VK had Kelli practically in tears during her freestyle dance.  Perhaps it was because it just hit her that Girlfriend Can't Dance All That Well, but she claims it was because of all the emotions, memories of her and Tina's long friendship ("No, Tina!  Back. Away. From. The. Haagan-Dazs.")  I feel that photos would have to surface of (do not click if you are offended by smut)

Spoiler

a nekkid VK with some dude's **** down her throat

before she wouldn't make the squad.

BTW, Dayton Bramhall was very mature and classy to like on that Instagram photo of the TCCs and vets.

Edited by Pink-n-Green
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Jennv said:

I'm interested to see how everything plays out on the show and if Dayton really was struggling as someone in the thread stated. As of now I'm cynical and wondering if they brought Dayton in just to cut her, so they can legitimize VK being there. As in " see, we don't play favorites, there is no nepotism, or we wouldn't have cut Dayton. If VK wasn't fantastic we would have cut her too"

TPTB thought they were fooling us, but the members of Previously TV are smarter than the average bear. Your cynicism is shared by myself. 

Is it Thursday night, yet???

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I don’t think one pic matters for Victoria. I think it’s that almost EVERY pic that she’s in, she puts herself in front. Not a good team mate thing to do. She should know to allow others to have opportunities as well. We’ll see what her team mates think. 

@RedDelicious used the word I was trying to think of last night.  I realize it probably seems silly to a lot of people that some of us are bothered by it. And it was mentioned that perhaps she knows the vets better than her fellow rookies.  Well, how are you going to get to know them if you are a freshman who always hangs with the seniors?  It's your fellow rookies that make up your "rookie" class - the ones you take pics with the first time you are in the Halloween halftime costumes, or the Christmas uniform.  They are the ones you pose with holding up your pinkies after you get your ring.  They are the ones you pose with in the locker room after you make the team.  Yeah, Victoria knows the vets thru her connections, but now is not the time to remind everyone of that.

Ok, off to get a life...…..yeah right:)

• Love 13
18 hours ago, Trixi said:

Just VK being the only rookie in the front row is what keeps me irritated at the situation.  As a dancer in the style of DCC, she is not impressive. I’m wondering where she’ll b placed in the group photo since rookies r historically in the back row. 

Cassie T wasn't ever in the back row. She was on the left side in the third or fourth row. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, CheerGoddess said:

I was finally able to find Titans brianna’s Instagram account. I recall no one being able to find it whenever they were making the list of all of the TCC’s. Her Instagram is @bri_b89 

One of the vets have a picture up on her Instagram thanking few of the tccs for the small cake and card and she was tagged it in so apparently she is still in tc 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

One of the vets have a picture up on her Instagram thanking few of the tccs for the small cake and card and she was tagged it in so apparently she is still in tc 

Yes, thank you for explaining! That’s where I found her Instagram account. 

3 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

I disagree with the boob comment. A lot of these girls have no boobs at all. I remember when Kendall was auditioning, She was totally flat. That is why I love DCC. They don't expect these women to look like playmates. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, DancingForLife said:

And THERE she is - front row in between the vets??I'd like to give her a fair chance to get to know & like her- but posts like this make me go uggh!!!!

Yes--I'm not a VK hater but usually its group leaders in the front then vets then rookies in the back. Show some respect VK. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Unpopular opinion, but I think they should also have women who are more realistic weight  wise.  Being on the team shouldn’t mean you have to be so thin. A LITTLE extra shouldn’t be an automatic game changer in my opinion. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I thought Judy didn’t like winks cause they are cheesy?

You know, KaShara used to wink when she was dancing and it was actually cute.  She didn’t scrunch up her whole face when she did it.  She’s adorable...I’m afraid VK is making it look trashy.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

Unpopular opinion, but I think they should also have women who are more realistic weight  wise.  Being on the team shouldn’t mean you have to be so thin. A LITTLE extra shouldn’t be an automatic game changer in my opinion. 

I agree with you, but Kelli (Judy and the rest) don't seem to agree.  Despite all the emphasis that they have so many diverse bodies on the squad during uniform fittings, they also emphasize that girls who are the same height weigh the same.  They want girls who are 5'9" to weight around 133 (when they should weigh 10-12 pounds more and a few more or less on either side depending on the frame).  They want girls who are 5'2" to weigh around 100 to 103 (maybe 105 but that would be pushing it) when the girls who are 5'2 should be around 110 (with a range depending on frame size).  Jay Johnson said in one of the early seasons that, at the time, they hadn't had a girl who weighed 140-145 on the squad even though the girl who was that weight was gorgeous and in amazing shape (as well as tall). 

If a girl is fit, toned and healthy, it shouldn't matter what she weighs.  In many cases, she'll actually be prettier and get more compliments when she's healthy and fit than if she's at her lowest ever weight.  Plus, it will set an AMAZING example for girls (and boys) with body dysphoria issues and other weight-related things.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Oh, Meredith Oden's Mom......she is a peach. :) Tina could stand to follow her example.

Oh please no! I could not stand her! She seems to be totally living in the past, and what in the actual F was with all those anorexic-inducing signs on Meredith's mirror? I couldn't stand either her or her mom. Nope, and double nope. Meredith always seemed entitled and arrogant to me. 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

Oh please no! I could not stand her! She seems to be totally living in the past, and what in the actual F was with all those anorexic-inducing signs on Meredith's mirror? I couldn't stand either her or her mom. Nope, and double nope. Meredith always seemed entitled and arrogant to me. 

Ditto on Meredith’s Mom... not a fan. At all.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, GBPackersfan said:

Thank God I am not the only one that feels that way about those signs. I personally loved Meredith, but her mom definitely came off like a stereotypical stage mother.

Edited by lizzi6692
  • Love 3