Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Never mind... tried to re-follow her and it said blocked from following.  I wonder if she's had a hacking issue.  Usually they just turn off the twitter for squad members when they retire, leave or are cut. 

2 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Never mind... tried to re-follow her and it said blocked from following.  I wonder if she's had a hacking issue.  Usually they just turn off the twitter for squad members when they retire, leave or are cut. 

She was cut 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, dcc.fan.always said:

It amazes me that TK is loud, attention seeking, and just all around lacking class and she produced an offspring just like her. Shelley is beautifully elegant with a lot of class and she produced an offspring just like her. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Since Kelly and Charlotte were so close to VK and her offspring, she should have exclude themselves from the judging so that a serious conversation could be had. That's what Judy did when Cassie was trying out. It's obvious that they let there emotions rule and would be willing to lower the standard. If you lower the standard for VK, then you can't pride yourself and the organization for having high standards. Either the standards set are for everyone or you have no standards.

Sorry for the grammatical mistakes....still trying to wake up...she should have excluded should be they should have excluded. Obviously, I included the wrong 'there" as well. It should be they let their emotions rule....I went into MTT overload last night. There lacks a credibility in this season as far as judging is concerned. I am a big fan of Kelly, but I feel like she lowered her standard. She's only human and it's hard to be that close to someone and be impartial. I totally get it, however, the brand comes before her emotions. Their emotions clouded her judgment and Charlotte was right there with her. That's why I think many of us are upset. It was just too obvious.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

As opposed to 38 old women? ;-)  Actually, I think it would be 39, right?

I am assuming that they cut at least one TCC on the final night of training camp, after Tara's cut, to get to an even 38.  But you are correct, if there were no more cuts after Tara, then the team stands at 39.  K&J may also have cut three women on the final night of training camp to get to the magic 36.  I think they will take a larger (not weightwise obviously) team of 38 this year.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

She was cut 

Thanks....well that really sucks and I honestly don't know what to think now.  She's sweet, bubbly, cute as can be, great figure, and she's a decent dancer.  Jessika  or Christina are weaker dancers than she was.  Was any indication given as to why she was cut? They usually only cut a vet in TC if there's a serious weight issue (which she doesn't have) or some kind of toxic personality/rule breaking issue (Chelsea, Kaitlin L., Erika ) I just can't imagine Tara being either of those.  She wasn't one of my faves but damn, she was a good blender.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 6

Last night there was a clip when they were talking about a vet not dancing well when compared to the rookies.  I thought it was Tara they were talking about.  Not that they showed enough dancing or close ups to know for sure.  I had to play it back a few times to narrow it down to her and could not tell anything on the dancing.   I liked Tara and thought she was cute.  It's sad if she is cut.  I love the the vets went out and had pancakes........You know they were so tired the next day but what a nice show of solidarity.  And they did not invite the "anointed one."  

I had an open mind on VK but after watching last night I am over her.  If they do not show her sitting in with K and J and then sending her to Jay to work out that's just not fair.  There have been so many vets and rookies crying in the office over "weight" issues that have rocking bods compared to VK.  The judge who called her dancing out was on target.  She looked much better in the first round.

Dayton looked good in her kicks and her routine.  She's just not the eager puppy/over the top personality that VK is.  However, they are giving us hints with Kelli's comments on how long she has known Dayton but she has to build a team.  

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

Last night there was a clip when they were talking about a vet not dancing well when compared to the rookies.  I thought it was Tara they were talking about.  Not that they showed enough dancing or close ups to know for sure.  I had to play it back a few times to narrow it down to her and could not tell anything on the dancing.

If you watch it, its VK falling out of her turn. They show her from 2 different angles. I actually wondered if they were talking about her. Maybe to make it not so obvious that she is already guaranteed a spot???

• Love 4

After watching last nights episode, I’m about ready to admit that I was wrong (I’ll wait until next week for total confirmation, but it’s looking that way). I always believed that Kelli would be partial to VK, but I didn’t buy that she would make it so obvious to the other judges, etc, that VK must make it. After last night’s episode, the rumor that it was decided in advance that VK would be on the team seems likely. It’s not just how Kelli and Charlotte immediately shot down the meteorologists (true) critique of VK, but the way he and the other judges looked told the story. It could be editing but I kind of doubt it. He had a look of “damn, I really stepped in it.” And the people on the other side of the room just had a look like, “Sorry man, we like being judges. We can’t back you up.”

Kelli seems rather clear-eyed about Dayton. VK - not so much. I do feel for VK because it’s not her fault that her mom’s BF can’t hide her favoritism better.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Kelli was so obvious with her Colby hate. I didn’t really like her either—slow learner, weird facials and the ‘my moment’ nonsense. But it seemed like Kelli couldn’t stand her at all. She probably would’ve cut her the first chance she had but because of the fan vote, she probably felt she needed to show that they did give her time—even if it was fake time. 

Kelli seemed to find Colby offensive. Like she was offended Colby was there. Not Kelli’s best moments, in my opinion.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Kelli seemed to find Colby offensive. Like she was offended Colby was there. Not Kelli’s best moments, in my opinion.

Kelli was just mean about it all. She seemed petty. Definitely not some of her best moments. 

Edited by ElenaFR
Spelling
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Kelli’s clear inability to hide either her disdain or love/favoritism towards people is really something. Obviously, she can get away with it due to the nature of her job, but I think it borders on being unprofessional at times. 

Edited by Jess14
Spelling
  • Love 9
Just now, Jess14 said:

Kelli’s clear inability to hide either her disdain or love/favoritism towards people is really something. Obvioysly, she can get away with it due to the nature of her job, but I think it borders on being unprofessional at times. 

Every part of me hopes Sam is dumb enough to try out for this team so we can really see it on full display.

Not that I think Sam is dumb — I think she is quite aware she is not the DCC type. But watching K trying to say she was would be amazing theater.

• Love 10

Well along w/ VK what about Erin?? Did you see her? What is the story there? Shocked that she made it out of Semi Finals??much less it looks like she made the Team...

what is going on here? Clearly not "the best" group auditioning this year!  I must have missed the part where they decided to lower their standards! Disappointed!!! I'm waiting to be wowed?

• Love 11

Is there anyway to watch last nights episode?  I was able to watch the first episode on cmt.com.  But for the second episode it won't let me watch without signing into my TV provider.  Im in NJ and have Xfinity/Comcast and we do not have CMT =(  Last year I was able to watch every episode on CMT.com without signing in.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Is there anyway to watch last nights episode?  I was able to watch the first episode on cmt.com.  But for the second episode it won't let me watch without signing into my TV provider.  Im in NJ and have Xfinity/Comcast and we do not have CMT =(  Last year I was able to watch every episode on CMT.com without signing in.  

I buy them on amazon or itunes

• Love 2
3 hours ago, California Girl said:

If the team was announced last night, that suggests they took a team of 38 young women, as I doubt that K&J would cut 3 on the last night, particularly after a cut as emotional as Tara's (a vet, late in camp) must have been. So who was the final one cut?  Please, not Brennan.

There has been cuts made after a vet has been cut late in the game in TC. Look at Amy R. in Season 5. The night she was cut there were at least two or three more cuts that night, and more cuts followed in the next week's episode. Season 10 had four girls cut days before the final squad was announced. I personally think more cuts will follow. CMT, Kelli and Charlotte will drag out the cuts for drama and ratings.

Edited by bigskygirl
54 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Kelli’s clear inability to hide either her disdain or love/favoritism towards people is really something. Obvioysly, she can get away with it due to the nature of her job, but I think it borders on being unprofessional at times. 

Didn't they get rid of the fan vote right after that?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

Totally agree with those who say Kelli & Charlotte should recuse themselves from discussions of VK

It's one thing to be biased but gurls try to hide it a tad better!  It's just creepy the way they responded to the weather guys comments.  Especially because in the past they've made a thing of at least listening intently to what I think of as the "male gaze" judges (like ah hem, Neal McCoy) because they supposedly "know what the male fans want" or something.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, CheerGoddess said:

Also, TCC Bridget just posted on her Instagram story that she is in San Diego. Wonder if she was cut. 

They don’t have training camp on fridays so she probably just went home for the weekend 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Rubyslippahz said:

It's one thing to be biased but gurls try to hide it a tad better!  It's just creepy the way they responded to the weather guys comments.  Especially because in the past they've made a thing of at least listening intently to what I think of as the "male gaze" judges (like ah hem, Neal McCoy) because they supposedly "know what the male fans want" or something.  

Right! Don’t make it so obvious! Kelli’s comment about not wanting to be in VK’s group if she was another girl was so ridiculous that I laughed. Like I can see how you could say, “I wouldn’t want to follow Holly P or Melissa in a solo” or “I wouldn’t want to be next to Jenna, Kashara, Gina, or Robyn in the field section...” All of those are legitimate takes whether one likes any of those girls or not, but VK...please! Give it a rest Kelli. She would be better off playing the “VK has amazing potential” card, rather than trying to pretend like she’s already amazing. 

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 14

Have we considered the possibility that TK had an affair with "Mr. Jones" (as Kelly and everyone else so fearfully call him)???  That would explain A LOT.  I mean, to cut someone who looks and dances like Tara while vehemently defending someone who looks and dances like VK ... there's no other explanation?!  

• Love 6

Like some here, I was willing to keep an open mind about VK. But yeah it feels like the rumors were true. I don’t want to sound awful but a part of me believes that there was a possibility that she was already taught the combination beforehand so she was ready and the “fake” mistakes were there so it wouldn’t be too obvious that she already knows the combination.  

I know it’s wrong to think this but after last nights episode and the drama in the deliberation room, I just can’t keep it out of my head.

Edited by MelTexGirl
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, DancingForLife said:

Well along w/ VK what about Erin?? Did you see her? What is the story there? Shocked that she made it out of Semi Finals??much less it looks like she made the Team...

what is going on here? Clearly not "the best" group auditioning this year!  I must have missed the part where they decided to lower their standards! Disappointed!!! I'm waiting to be wowed?

I think Erin fits their mold of good little Christian girl that plays by their rules and so desperately wants this she will do whatever they ask of her.  

• Love 4

I am so upset.  For the first time ever I dont think I want to watch the rest of this season. 

I love Tara, she is cute and bubbly and has a great figure and was strong last season during training camp.

I was appalled last night at the deliberations between the weather guy and CJ/KF over VK.  After that outburst and the comments the rest of the episode, I dont think I can stand watching all season seeing the favoritism last night knowing Tara was cut.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 18

At least from VKs social media it look like Marshall does something to her hair during makeovers.  She referred to her hair as "Mufasa" (sp?) which I think is from the Lion King which is actually kind of funny.  In last nights ep when they showed her shaking out her hair it just looked ridiculous and like there were oodles of extensions. 

So Maybe in future episodes then, some light criticism of VK will be allowed.   But there's been nothing in the first two eps, Kelli and Charlotte have gushed over her like geysers.  They haven't showed Judy fawning which makes me think Judy is the smartest of them all.  

• Love 10

I think Tara is adorable too. I hate seeing what they put the girls through. I cannot imagine the stress and anxiety of trying out, making it to TC, being cut during TC or making the team. These girls are tough. I admit there are some girls I cannot stand at all, but I still feel bad for them. Hopefully Tara will become a much stronger girl after being cut and go on and have a bright and happy future.

1 minute ago, Rubyslippahz said:

At least from VKs social media it look like Marshall does something to her hair during makeovers.  She referred to her hair as "Mufasa" (sp?) which I think is from the Lion King which is actually kind of funny.  In last nights ep when they showed her shaking out her hair it just looked ridiculous and like there were oodles of extensions. 

So Maybe in future episodes then, some light criticism of VK will be allowed.   But there's been nothing in the first two eps, Kelli and Charlotte have gushed over her like geysers.  They haven't showed Judy fawning which makes me think Judy is the smartest of them all.  

I’m not yet sure what judy’s Stand on VK is But from past events we know that she’s the only one who really knows what she’s talking about and who would be the best DCC.  Kelli puts people in training camp because they are beautiful. Brianna from last season is an example. Judy was clear about the kicks and how she probabaly will never get the style but Kelli still brought her to training camp and gave her a Barbie. 

It’s sad that they don’t listen to Judy more. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

After watching last nights episode, I’m about ready to admit that I was wrong (I’ll wait until next week for total confirmation, but it’s looking that way). I always believed that Kelli would be partial to VK, but I didn’t buy that she would make it so obvious to the other judges, etc, that VK must make it. After last night’s episode, the rumor that it was decided in advance that VK would be on the team seems likely. It’s not just how Kelli and Charlotte immediately shot down the meteorologists (true) critique of VK, but the way he and the other judges looked told the story. It could be editing but I kind of doubt it. He had a look of “damn, I really stepped in it.” And the people on the other side of the room just had a look like, “Sorry man, we like being judges. We can’t back you up.”

Kelli seems rather clear-eyed about Dayton. VK - not so much. I do feel for VK because it’s not her fault that her mom’s BF can’t hide her favoritism better.

LOL!  To me it looked like everyone was afraid to agree with him and they were like “Oh, he actually said what I was thinking.  Oh shit!”  

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

I’m not yet sure what judy’s Stand on VK is But from past events we know that she’s the only one who really knows what she’s talking about and who would be the best DCC.  Kelli puts people in training camp because they are beautiful. Brianna from last season is an example. Judy was clear about the kicks and how she probabaly will never get the style but Kelli still brought her to training camp and gave her a Barbie. 

It’s sad that they don’t listen to Judy more. 

I do not think they listen to Judy at all. You can tell when she does not like certain girls making it to TC or even making the team. I remember in Season 5 when she said she was hoping Lauren Gibler would have made it to TC. I could tell she did not want Courtney Cook or Paula T. in TC.

Lauren Gibbler would’ve been a great DCC. She’s a powerhouse and I think Judy saw that. Judy is no fool... she knows Victoria isn’t ready, buty guess is she’ll keep quiet because she knows what she says about Victoria won’t matter.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Rubyslippahz said:

I'm curious next week to see why Meredith did not make training camp!  I didn't get the comments the judges were making about how she was "into herself" while dancing.

I wonder if she bombed out her solo or what? 

I heard one judge say that and I've never been a fan of her.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, unicorns1989 said:

When I watched last night's episode they did there final performance why was Kelsey, Chantel, Elizabeth not in the pic when the retiring vets to the pic in the locker room.  Were they not there at all.

Haven’t watched the episode yet but it was likely a show group performance?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

Actually now that I’m seeing this, did Kelli say we have 7 girls retiring? But aren’t there 10? 

I believe some of Kelli's scripted answers are to fit what they are filming. 10 girls retired but 7 were in the picture so she says 7.  Now I do wonder if the additional vets she did not mention were part of her conversation on I will be speaking to you on this year's auditions and maybe she encouraged 3 more to not come back.  Kelsey seemed to be a fan favorite but not necessarily J and K's.   Haven't there been other girls who were going to return but after conversations with Kelli decided not to such as Mandy. 

• Love 1