Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not a praying person, but I'm going to give it a shot:

Oh dear Lord please give Josiah and Lauren the wisdom to let their first born child, be their first born child, to shine brightly and not always be dimmed by the shadow of a baby that was never born.

Amen

Amen!  Would Lauren even be pregnant with this particular baby if Asa had gone to term?  I forget the timeline.  If she needs therapy, she should have it, but do not burden this little human with the idea that she is a replacement!  

• Love 13
On 8/27/2019 at 11:35 PM, galaxychaser said:

Peggysiah? Peggy Josie? Pegren? Loggy? Laupen? Pegsiah?

Isn't that another name for Margaret? Margaret is close to Marjorie, I can't see it. lol

Josiah is the male version of Prissy, I guess I will marry him if I have to,  Waller.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

Amen!  Would Lauren even be pregnant with this particular baby if Asa had gone to term?  I forget the timeline.  If she needs therapy, she should have it, but do not burden this little human with the idea that she is a replacement!  

She got pregnant within a few months after her miscarriage 

Asa would be similar age to Ivy if she carried to term

I don’t think Josiah’s eyes look dead. To me they look as if he’s been asked to ‘smile for the camera AGAIN and hold it’.  You know, the one where you grit your teeth and wish they’d just take the picture already- and quit taking any more. 

Meanwhile, you are trying to make sure your irritation doesn’t show. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

I don’t think Josiah’s eyes look dead. To me they look as if he’s been asked to ‘smile for the camera AGAIN and hold it’.  You know, the one where you grit your teeth and wish they’d just take the picture already- and quit taking any more. 

Meanwhile, you are trying to make sure your irritation doesn’t show. 

Exactly. 

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Maddie, from Sister Wives, named her daughter Evangalynn. I think Lauren will do something similar, take a beautiful classic name but ruin it with the spelling.

Screenshot_20190831-132933.thumb.jpg.dcec8cd2a13f051a29f0f89d61aac3d2.jpg

Oh dear, my name is Alyce!!!!  No Saundra.  Supposed to Alexandra?  Oy vey!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Remember when we were talking about Lauren and all the other pregnant Duggars do that "cradle their bump" thing.  I found out a friend of mine is pregnant. We were looking at maternity clothes for fun. And what do you know. In a couple ads, the models are cradling their bump. Ugh. Make it stop. Please. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

But whatever they choose, I will never be satisfied.

And they're not young, scrappy and hungry either.

I think Lauren deliberately refers to Josiah as 'father of two' because, otherwise, how could she possibly be 'mother of two'?  She wants full credit from the minute the pee stick changes.

ETA: Every time Lauren starts in with the pregnant martyr talk, she's making me burn.  Sorry, had to toss one more Hamilton reference in there.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
10 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Remember when we were talking about Lauren and all the other pregnant Duggars do that "cradle their bump" thing.  I found out a friend of mine is pregnant. We were looking at maternity clothes for fun. And what do you know. In a couple ads, the models are cradling their bump. Ugh. Make it stop. Please. 

I saw that in some ads for bathing suits I was looking at yesterday. No, I don't need a maternity bathing suit - I just didn't have filters on and so everything was coming through. Thing is, though, that the models are so slim that if the photo is taken from the front, there would be little to suggest that this was a maternity suit without the "cradling". At most, one might think that the suit was slightly less than flattering, which I'm sure is not the intent! So I guess I can see the reasoning when it comes to ads.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

We were looking at maternity clothes for fun. And what do you know. In a couple ads, the models are cradling their bump. Ugh. Make it stop. Please. 

1 minute ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I saw that in some ads for bathing suits I was looking at yesterday. . . . Thing is, though, that the models are so slim that if the photo is taken from the front, there would be little to suggest that this was a maternity suit without the "cradling". At most, one might think that the suit was slightly less than flattering, which I'm sure is not the intent! So I guess I can see the reasoning when it comes to ads.

I haven't gone looking for maternity wear ads to see for myself. But. There's cradling the bump in a graceful way. And then, there's standing there looking like you're groping your crotch. One is not the same as the other.

Lauren has often been guilty of the latter, in her sad desperation to be fruitful and multiply and the star of the world's worship and attention. Maybe she's getting better at it as her baby bump is getting bigger.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I saw that in some ads for bathing suits I was looking at yesterday. No, I don't need a maternity bathing suit - I just didn't have filters on and so everything was coming through. Thing is, though, that the models are so slim that if the photo is taken from the front, there would be little to suggest that this was a maternity suit without the "cradling". At most, one might think that the suit was slightly less than flattering, which I'm sure is not the intent! So I guess I can see the reasoning when it comes to ads.

As someone who's seen a lot of maternity ads because we get the magazines for pregnant women in the office, I think a lot of the bump clutching in the ads is meant to direct attention to the clothing being sold.  It's like dress ads where the model is twirling or ads for sweaters where the model's hand is on the opening of the cardigan.  The poses aren't meant to be natural or lifelike, they're meant to call attention to the merchandise, which I guess is why fundies clutch their bumps, too.

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
On 8/28/2019 at 4:37 PM, JoanArc said:

I'm seeing Tobias in the poor guy...

bb52de4d0ff3153b3be249875ad04f78.jpg

Oh goodness. Josiah is Tobias from Arrested Development. I can see him being a never nude and a member of the Blue Man Group once he hits his laundry room breakdown.  

• LOL 9
On 8/31/2019 at 5:30 PM, lookeyloo said:

On 8/31/2019 at 4:36 PM, Lunera said:

Maddie, from Sister Wives, named her daughter Evangalynn. I think Lauren will do something similar, take a beautiful classic name but ruin it with the spelling.

Screenshot_20190831-132933.thumb.jpg.dcec8cd2a13f051a29f0f89d61aac3d2.jpg

What ? That is one name that the kid will learn to spell when she is 10. Jeez. Evangalynn reminds me of vagina. 

Alice Sandra would have been nice.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/31/2019 at 5:30 PM, lookeyloo said:

My name is Alice & I'm wondering how you pronounce your name - like Alice or like A-leese? 

Changing subjects - when are all the Duggar gals due ? Is Cousin Amy first?   I've read Anna is November. 

16 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Amy is in early October. Then Kendra is due first week of November. Lauren is due November 16th or thereabouts. Anna is the last one due in November. Abbie is due in January. 

I guess we know how they celebrate Valentine's Day.

• LOL 15
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

My name is Alice & I'm wondering how you pronounce your name - like Alice or like A-leese? 

Changing subjects - when are all the Duggar gals due ? Is Cousin Amy first?   I've read Anna is November. 

I say It like Alice. The Y is confusing enough. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Amy is in early October. Then Kendra is due first week of November. Lauren is due November 16th or thereabouts. Anna is the last one due in November. Abbie is due in January. 

Abbie's due date is a rumor based on gossip from FJ. No information from the Duggars has been shared. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Well, the FJ gossip came from a Duggar insider who heard about the pregnancy at Mary's funeral, which was June 17. I assume Abbie was there telling people, although no pics of her have surfaced from that event. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Great so I got to wait until November to find out the name...

Bellajah? 

Wasn't Sam the only one whose name we knew before the birth?

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, the FJ gossip came from a Duggar insider who heard about the pregnancy at Mary's funeral, which was June 17. I assume Abbie was there telling people, although no pics of her have surfaced from that event. 

The "gossip" lines up with the timing of the gender reveal and the like plus Jessa's cryptic talk on IG.

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

She's naming her daughter after an ostrich like bird?

Or Rhea Perlman and Lana Turner?

Wonder if it's Lana or Iana? I just looked up Iana and Google says this, so I'm thinking that's the choice -- From Latin. Means God's gracious gift or God is forgiving.

ETA: Never mind. But they may want to consider Iana. 😸

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

I’m sure we won’t know the name until after the baby’s been born for a little while. Didn’t Jessa  Delay releasing the name of some of her kids for a little while to drum up more attention? After all, Lauren is going to have the most horrific birth complications imaginable and we’re going to have to hear about it forever. Once people get tired of that then we’ll find out the name. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

She's naming her daughter after an ostrich like bird?

Or Rhea Perlman and Lana Turner?

Hahaha I know this isn't apparently the baby name, but when I saw the name Lana, I immediately thought "Lana Del Rey?" And the mental image of Josiah and Lauren grooving to, well, any of the profanity-laden songs on Norman Fucking Rockwell made me laugh so hard. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 8/23/2019 at 7:44 PM, Churchhoney said:

Trouble is, thanks to the cult you might have to do it a dozen times....

Jauren. Losiah. Lauriah. Laureniah. Josauren. Jausiah. Joseniah. Laurseniah. Laurosiah. Siahlaur. Siahlauren. Josiren........and Peggy. 

Awesome, WOW!!!   You win the internet, and Peggy!!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Rhea Lana is a clothing store and most likely not the name of the baby. 

On the other hand, Lauren's mother is Lana and I can't blame her if they did use it as a middle name. The tradition is to give the first born daughter the middle Milagro and I assume that's the middle name they'll go with. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

Hahaha I know this isn't apparently the baby name, but when I saw the name Lana, I immediately thought "Lana Del Rey?" And the mental image of Josiah and Lauren grooving to, well, any of the profanity-laden songs on Norman Fucking Rockwell made me laugh so hard. 

God damn, man-child
You act like a kid even though you stand six foot two
Self-loathing poet, resident moral, can you know it all?
You talk to the walls when the party gets bored of you
But I don't get bored, I just see it through
Why wait for the best when I could have you?
You-oh-oh

• LOL 3
50 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I’m sure we won’t know the name until after the baby’s been born for a little while. Didn’t Jessa  Delay releasing the name of some of her kids for a little while to drum up more attention? After all, Lauren is going to have the most horrific birth complications imaginable and we’re going to have to hear about it forever. Once people get tired of that then we’ll find out the name. 

I looked it up because I swore Sam was the only Grand Duggar we knew the name of before birth. Nope, the Smuggars announced Mack's name before she was born.

Otherwise radio silence until the People exclusive I guess. Or US magazine. Or at the rate this couple is going, InTouch.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5