Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Saylii said:

I could easily see Bella.  It continues the ABC name theme everyone thinks they’ll use and be a one-up nod towards Joy.

Bella Milagro Duggar.  I totally see it.

And because none of them have ever been in the real world, they wouldn't recognize the ridicule potential for the initials BM. . . .

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I wonder if Lauren will deliver at home or hospital! Hopefully Jilly muffin will stay away with her medical thingies.

I'm not so sure Lauren could handle some of the things that come with a home birth mainly no pain control. I'm picturing her wanting to be THE queen bee of the delivery floor & expecting to be waited on hand & foot.  "Oh Si, I need a  pillow, water, ice chips, back rub,"  etc.Her nurse call button will not be getting a rest. 

• Love 11
On 7/10/2019 at 7:31 AM, mimionthebeach said:

Co-ops probably help. It also probably helped that Ree Drummond graduated from a real college (USC), herself.

(Incidently, second daughter is at University of Arkansas.)

The inadequately homeschooled doing the homeschooling is not a recipe for educational success. And while Lauren does have some real college herself, she hated it. The Duggars just hate   fear real education. 

Fixed it for ya

• Love 2
(edited)

Pioneer Woman’s dad is/was a cardiac surgeon, and her husband’s family are worth tens of millions. There’s nothing truly rustic about them. I’m betting there’s private tutors.

Edited by kokapetl
  • Useful 9
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I think she’s going with creatively-spelled continents. We’ve already had Asa. Since this baby is a girl, I think she’ll be Ostraylea, who will be followed by Yerup, Auntartyka, Ahfrikah, and the twins, North Uhmeryka and South Uhmeryka. I’m hoping this means they’ll stop at seven kids, but they’ll probably just switch to planets or something. 

I LOVE this!  Someone should suggest it on their Instagram.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Pioneer Woman’s dad is/was a cardiac surgeon, and her husband’s family are worth tens of millions. There’s nothing truly rustic about them. I’m betting there’s private tutors.

I thought Dr. Smith (not the one on Lost In Space) was an orthopedic surgeon.  Prominent citizen in any case.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Her dad is a retired orthopedic surgeon.

Ree has a large home schooling section on her website, if you are interested.  She has always had a professional teacher hired by several others,  as well as having the children involved in a large coop.  Currently, Bryce is in public school.  Don't  know for sure about the younger guy.

As for money, considering the nature of ranching and the multiple owners of the Drummond properties, I suspect that Ree and her ever expanding empire is more profitable.  

As for all the Duggars, they home school for the worst reason possible....to isolate because of extreme and absurd religious beliefs.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, fonfereksglen said:

As for all the Duggars, they home school for the worst reason possible....to isolate because of extreme and absurd religious beliefs.

Well, now that disappoints me.  She posted a while ago why they decided to home school the first one - she said because by the time they got her to the main road for the bus and then the bus ride to school and then back again, poor dear child was spending hours on the bus.  I guess no surprise she wasn't being honest.  Or got swayed by those absurd religious beliefs!  Which I can totally see.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Well, now that disappoints me.  She posted a while ago why they decided to home school the first one - she said because by the time they got her to the main road for the bus and then the bus ride to school and then back again, poor dear child was spending hours on the bus.  I guess no surprise she wasn't being honest.  Or got swayed by those absurd religious beliefs!  Which I can totally see.

Who are you talking about?

2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Nobody said the pioneer woman homeschooled for religious reasons.  That comment was about the Duggars. 

I'd heard the Drummonds homeschooled due to geographical isolation/distance to good school.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mimionthebeach said:

Nobody said the pioneer woman homeschooled for religious reasons.  That comment was about the Duggars. 

I'd heard the Drummonds homeschooled due to geographical isolation/distance to good school.

Yes sorry. I had a senior moment 

• LOL 1
On 7/19/2019 at 8:21 PM, MamaMax said:

Fixed it for ya

20 years ago I would have agreed with this. Now even if that's the case the people of this type of belief system have a ton they can throw back. It's easy enough for them to point to the generation that graduated college from 2006-2012 and snark about debt and no jobs. 

What I don't get though is JB has to know he isn't young anymore. In 10-15 years he might want to back off from some of the day-to-day aspects of the business. One of those boys will be transitioned into running the business and they've hamstringed them all as far as we've seen in terms of education, and what roles they have them do with the business. 

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, stuffstuff said:

20 years ago I would have agreed with this. Now even if that's the case the people of this type of belief system have a ton they can throw back. It's easy enough for them to point to the generation that graduated college from 2006-2012 and snark about debt and no jobs. 

What I don't get though is JB has to know he isn't young anymore. In 10-15 years he might want to back off from some of the day-to-day aspects of the business. One of those boys will be transitioned into running the business and they've hamstringed them all as far as we've seen in terms of education, and what roles they have them do with the business. 

JB seems to have made most of his money from TLC and property investments. Neither of those require a lot of day to day grind. They do have some properties they maintain and a house here or there that they rehab, but other than that, JB sits back and watches his investments grow. He's basically been semi-retired since TLC came along.

I'm thinking maybe JD and Joe might have the wherewithal to understand property investment.

But your right, if JB is keeping all the kids in the dark, they'll likely all struggle to some degree.

I'm really curious with Josiah, although I think he might have a real estate license. But he doesn't seem to be very smart or motivated.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm really curious with Josiah, although I think he might have a real estate license. But he doesn't seem to be very smart or motivated.

I think he used to be 😢

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I feel for Josiah I think he’s really smart and motivated , if it’s something he’s interested in. I get the feeling he’d love to have gone off to college, do something different with his life. Joe went to college why not him? Even if the only thing he did was bible study, that little taste of freedom could’ve changed him. I hate JB & Michelle why are they so damn controlling. Even the Bates with the same beliefs let their children go to college. Instead he’s stuck with a wife and baby on the way and he probably doesn’t even want that life. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Puffin said:

I feel for Josiah I think he’s really smart and motivated , if it’s something he’s interested in. I get the feeling he’d love to have gone off to college, do something different with his life. Joe went to college why not him? Even if the only thing he did was bible study, that little taste of freedom could’ve changed him. I hate JB & Michelle why are they so damn controlling. Even the Bates with the same beliefs let their children go to college. Instead he’s stuck with a wife and baby on the way and he probably doesn’t even want that life. 

I think without the show/money/fame Josiah would’ve been one of the middle kids who deflected. He’s just “different”. Some have speculated that he’s gay (I don’t know it’s possible) but I don’t think his innate personality is cut out for this lifestyle. They would never let him go anywhere cause there would be a huge chance he wouldn’t come back!

Something happened to Josiah. Extroverted, bubbly, talkative pre-teens don’t become quiet submissive adults without some sort of trauma/illness/depression. He was so vibrant as a young child and then they separated him from Joy-Anna and he lost his spark. 

• Love 1

@Scarlett45  I think what happened to Josiah is that he was beaten down emotionally and  spiritually at Alert.  Didn't he go three times?  I think he's the only son that went that many times.  Tragic what JB and Michelle did to their blessings.

• Love 6

Because the Duggars raise kids ass backwards - treating kids as adults and adolescents as children, Josiah stood out. He let his natural (and normal) kid spirit shine. When he didn't 'mature on schedule' he was sent to alert.

Now he is a true adult, behaving as he is expected to do. To make matters worse, he's married to a morose drama queen who will only reinforce the message that Josiah has received from JB & M; that his humor and fun loving nature is immature and silly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, wilsie said:

Tragic what JB and Michelle did to their blessings.

Key word here, I'd say. For them, parenthood is all about those kids being mine mine mine mine MINE!!!!!

And my toys have to do what say. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, stuffstuff said:

People like Jim Bob or Michelle could care less about what happens after they themselves are gone.

• Love 4

I really don't know what to make of Josiah. In the very early days of However Many Kids and Counting, he was the main tween talking head and he was always doing the "our family does things a little bit differently" shtick, which earned him the nickname "Smugger Junior". Then there was the Josie, or was it Jubilee pregnancy announcement where he ran out of the room. Then, as far as I remember, he kind of went off the radar for a while but popped up with snappy duds, ambition and a big personality. It almost seemed like he was getting ready to make a break for it. Next Marjorie came on the scene and, while they were way too young, they both seemed to have energetic, theatrical personalities. Then Marjorie split and the next thing we know, we have Lauren and the transformation of Josiah into a dull, possibly unemployed Duggan-Boy-bot. 

It makes me really sad to see such a change from that smart and spunky kid and I just can't see Lauren the drama queen encouraging him to grow back into his own person.

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I really don't know what to make of Josiah. In the very early days of However Many Kids and Counting, he was the main tween talking head and he was always doing the "our family does things a little bit differently" shtick, which earned him the nickname "Smugger Junior". Then there was the Josie, or was it Jubilee pregnancy announcement where he ran out of the room. Then, as far as I remember, he kind of went off the radar for a while but popped up with snappy duds, ambition and a big personality. It almost seemed like he was getting ready to make a break for it. Next Marjorie came on the scene and, while they were way too young, they both seemed to have energetic, theatrical personalities. Then Marjorie split and the next thing we know, we have Lauren and the transformation of Josiah into a dull, possibly unemployed Duggan-Boy-bot. 

It makes me really sad to see such a change from that smart and spunky kid and I just can't see Lauren the drama queen encouraging him to grow back into his own person.

Marjorie and her family split after the first Smuggar scandal.  You're right, they were too young, but they seemed like kindred spirits.  Unless Lauren matures into a completely different person, she isn't going to be encouraging him to do anything but what she wants/needs.  

• Love 9

Lauren and her family are hardcore Kool-Aid drinkers, which is precisely the reason Boob arranged for her to marry Si. His life is going to mirror Smuggars: boring job he has no interest in, wife he has no interest in and a horde of kids he never wanted. 

• Love 4
On 7/20/2019 at 5:10 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

No Veenys? Or Maarz ?

Veenys rhymes with penis so that is prob a no.  Also, Venus looked like a hussy.   HA! Who am I kidding.  They don't know about Goddess Venus.  

On 7/20/2019 at 9:02 PM, mynextmistake said:

Venus sounds too much like penis.

Shoulda read further...I said the same thing!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Lauren strikes me as the type of woman who, underneath it all, never really lets go of a previous disagreement/offense. She holds it up there for the offender to see. Her post here, which should be comforting JOY, is reminding us all that she, too, experienced a loss. Poor Josiah.

• Love 13
43 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I have a feeling Lauren married into a TeeVee family (sorry, Jessa -- you are one) to increase the amount of attention she gets....exponentially, if possible. 

I think that was just a bonus. First, Lauren wanted to get married before she turned into a withered unmarried 20 year old, so I'm guessing an everyday Fundy male would have been fine if Josiah hadn't come around. Second, I think Lauren gains far more of what she's looking for in face-to-face daily interactions. She needs the facial expressions, she needs folks to show up and do things for her while she lays in bed. She needs folks to watch her carry-on as she 'struggles'. SM sympathy and attention could never fulfill Lauren's drama queen needs alone.

• Love 16

As you are all very well aware, everyone is allowed to have their own opinions of both Joy and Lauren. People can criticize or praise whoever they like. What is NOT allowed here is for anyone to criticize the opinions of other posters, whether specifically or in aggregate. Comment on the Duggars, not on each other.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

Screenshot_20190729-153812_Instagram.thumb.jpg.83a7fac2805e3a84cd07997594d0e024.jpgScreenshot_20190729-153829_Instagram.thumb.jpg.d95402b6a1b8ad0815fede660e9e06cc.jpg

Screenshot_20190729-153806_Instagram.thumb.jpg.32dd64fc9fad8728cdd6b87f91bce8b5.jpg

Screenshot_20190729-153806_Instagram.jpg

My previous post was about this, not anything on here. These are messages responding directly to her. Lauren can't even post a simple commiseration and agreement without drawing ire. If you check out the thread, the hundreds of other people sharing detailed stories about losing children get no such reaction on IG. 

I just don't see anything offensive about anything Lauren has said about her miscarriage. I think I'd be sad, too, and I'd probably want to talk about it, even if I was pregnant again.

• Love 15
(edited)
12 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

My previous post was about this, not anything on here. These are messages responding directly to her. Lauren can't even post a simple commiseration and agreement without drawing ire. If you check out the thread, the hundreds of other people sharing detailed stories about losing children get no such reaction on IG. 

I just don't see anything offensive about anything Lauren has said about her miscarriage. I think I'd be sad, too, and I'd probably want to talk about it, even if I was pregnant again.

Well, unlike the other posters, Lauren is a Teevee stah now so like it or not, she is going to get attention, good or bad. She is going to be scrutinized more than other random strangers on the internet, and people are way more willing to tell a z list reality star that they are 'wrong'.

If she really wants to express her condolences and NOT get bad attention, I am sure she has Joy's phone number

However I think lauren loves the 'positive' attention so much that the negative doesn't bother her. She keeps directing her sympathetic comments back to herself despite all the negative feedback. 

I didn't think this latest comment was as bad as some of the others, FWIW. but considering the heat from the other posts I probably wouldn't have said anything about myself if I was her. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 12
42 minutes ago, Puffin said:

Honestly some of the comments on there are shocking, I hope Lauren didn’t read them.

The anonymity of the internet gives bullies confidence. 

I think there's a distinct difference between judging from afar and actually targeting people. I disagree with a lot that many public personas do but I would never express that in a mean, targeted way to them directly. 

I do think Lauren enjoys drama and being dramatic, and not just in regards to her miscarriage. But I would never tell her that, especially as an anonymous Instagram commenter, and especially especially in such biting words. It's not my place and really, what does it gain me?

People can be cruel, especially online. And just because someone is a public figure and one feels like that have easy access doesn't give one a free pass to be mean.

I also hope Lauren doesn't pay attention to the comments. 

• Love 15