Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Stole this from the other site:  https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2019/08/josiah-duggar-clashing-with-jim-bob-headed-for-mental-breakdown/

I hadn't heard anything about this FB page.  I am intrigued.  Could be BS or things could get a tad more interesting.  

The article failed to bring the receipts, so I'm thinking this is BS.  The Facebook account may be defunct, but the info is still out there, nothing is ever gone from the Internet.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The article failed to bring the receipts, so I'm thinking this is BS.  The Facebook account may be defunct, but the info is still out there, nothing is ever gone from the Internet.  

You are a total buzzkiller.  HA!!!!!!

• LOL 3

I’m going to agree that this reads like speculation, but anyone who has to live with Lauren  would likely be cracking now. I’d still love to see that alleged Facebook account. He could be more like Josh than we realize.

I’ll also point out that there were no receipts about the accusations against Josh for many years, they turned out to be true. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

You are a total buzzkiller.  HA!!!!!!

Sorry to be a buzzkill.  I'm at work so the information professional switch is turned on.  I love some juicy gossip, but this set my BS meter off.  I want the "journalists" of The Hollywood Gossip to take the time to get the receipts and not just write up something from an "unnamed source."  I want screenshots of these flirtatious FB posts, don't tease me with conjectures.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I’m going to agree that this reads like speculation, but anyone who has to live with Lauren  would likely be cracking now

Not to mention somebody who had to be raised by JB and M.

And who had a breakup (from somebody he seemed to kind of like, and she him....) -- a breakup that's supposedly a scandal (because, hey, it's a HUGE scandal when two people under age 21 have their first "romance" together and break up without marrying!) .....

And who then was clearly rushed into marriage BY PARENTS way too soon thereafter....

And who's had to go through frigglng ALERT a bunch of times to brainwash dog knows what crap into his head ....

AND who now has to live with a major drama queen -- potentially FOREVER --  when they don't even appear to like each other ....

And who may read on the internet that now, in the 21st century, something that Jinger is doing qualifies as "rebellion" and that he may be the next to "rebel" or the first to lose his mind...

Honestly, any of them who aren't total idiots or willfully blind have to know that the things called "rebellion" by these stupid media accounts -- and perhaps by their parents? -- aren't even things, let alone rebellions....

Poor Josiah. What a mess his parents, his cult, and the media-"fame" machine they've all been forcibly crammed into have made of his life.    

Among other heartbreaking things here, I loathe the disingenuousness of the gossip rags that act as if they buy JB's and M's (and Gothard's) ideas about what constitutes "rebellion" and "scandal" and the like. They do harm to the Duggarlings constantly, in my opinion. And unfortunately many of the Duggarlings are misguided enough to give media and social media additional fodder by putting their personal lives on there. 

1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Sorry to be a buzzkill.  I'm at work so the information professional switch is turned on.  I love some juicy gossip, but this set my BS meter off.  I want the "journalists" of The Hollywood Gossip to take the time to get the receipts and not just write up something from an "unnamed source."  I want screenshots of these flirtatious FB posts, don't tease me with conjectures.  

The "insider" is probably Pickles. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

AND who now has to live with a major drama queen -- potentially FOREVER --  when they don't even appear to like each other ....

Poster kids for the concept of punishment marriage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Poster kids for the concept of punishment marriage.

I wonder what Lauren did that pushed her parents into agreeing to marry her off to a sinning Duggar son? She doesn't look any happier than Josiah, although she's better at smiling.

• Love 1

I'm thinking the reason Lauren is called out on SM is because folks have a point of reference (right or wrong) and are responding to that. Other commentators are faceless strangers so their similar posts may feel more genuine.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I wonder what Lauren did that pushed her parents into agreeing to marry her off to a sinning Duggar son? She doesn't look any happier than Josiah, although she's better at smiling.

Imagine parenting a kid like that for 18 years.  You don’t have to go any deeper than that. “Young lady if you say gluten one more time, I’ll put you in a punishment marriage! “

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

I don't think it's a punishment marriage for Lauren, just for Josiah. I think that Lauren, like Anna, was given the "opportunity" to serve the Lord by marrying a sinner in need of her redemptive "help." I think that she's even more insufferably smug about her righteousness than Anna was -- and it's my understanding that her MIL and SIL's really disliked her when she and Josh married.

• Useful 5
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't think it's a punishment marriage for Lauren, just for Josiah. I think that Lauren, like Anna, was given the "opportunity" to serve the Lord by marrying a sinner in need of her redemptive "help." I think that she's even more insufferably smug about her righteousness than Anna was -- and it's my understanding that her MIL and SIL's really disliked her when she and Josh married.

Just curious:  Where did you hear that?  That's news to me...

• Love 4
On 8/8/2019 at 12:47 PM, 3 is enough said:

Just curious:  Where did you hear that?  That's news to me...

I believe that I hear it on this board -- or TWOP.

It's possible that the people who made these statements were just drawing a conclusion from the lack of apparent warmth between them. Having seen more of how the sisters interact among themselves and with J'chelle, it's entirely possible that this was just their normal level of faux warmth and Anna is no more or less liked than any of the sisters.

• Love 5

Anna did oddly call Michelle Mrs. Duggar in the beginning. Anna's non-verbals had me thinking she was waiting for Michelle to suggest calling her something else or Mrs. Duggar is what Michelle preferred.

In later episodes she has called Michelle, Momma Duggar and Michelle. I believe she has always referred to JB as Pops.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Yeah, I can believe the part about a theoretical fake Facebook account.

But plenty of the other things sound like they sourced them from here.  Marjorie "using Josiah for fame" (lol)?  Even in the fundie world, Marjorie's not famous.  She's accomplished and clearly ambitious; but I don't think she's cutthroat ambitious in the manner of a Kardashian or something.  I don't get the vibe off Marjorie that she wants to become, say, a fundie Martha Stewart or similar.  Where would a Gothard/IBLP-raised homeschooler look to as a role model, in order to develop such a vibe?

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Poor is me with this pregnancy also??   She is such a martyr 🙄🙄

Poor Josiah, his life must be a living hell about now.

She really does lay it on pretty thick.  Very self involved and sure that anything and everything that happens to her is far more traumatic and harder for her than anyone else' life experience.  I can't wait for her to have the baby so we can hear about the horrors of her labor and delivery and how she bravely bore her suffering because Jesus.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 8
  • Love 14

Okay, I just effing can’t with her anymore.   Check out her comment on this post 

Seriously??    She honestly believes they have had more downs than ups in their FIRST year of marriage??  Poor put upon Lauren....  such a martyr for Jesus 🙄🙄

• Love 6

I guess John David accidentally sucked Asa’s white balloon to the intake of his jet during their pregnancy announcement. This is truly the worst pregnancy anyone has ever had to endure. 

Can we take odds on Josiah just up and vanishing? I say he goes out for a pack of cigarettes during the labor and just never comes back.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Si truly married his mother, didn't he?

He may have married his mother, but he doesn't seem to feel toward Lauren the same way JB feels toward J'chelle. JB seems to adore J'chelle and appears to be completely oblivious to her (many) issues. Josiah seems completely clued in to what an unpleasant individual Lauren is.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Okay, I just effing can’t with her anymore.   Check out her comment on this post 

Seriously??    She honestly believes they have had more downs than ups in their FIRST year of marriage??  Poor put upon Lauren....  such a martyr for Jesus 🙄🙄

The thing is, if she had just said that they have "had more downs than any newly married couple should ever have" (because of the miscarriage and whatnot), then that would have made sense. The fact that she inserted "than ups" is what ruins what she said for me and makes her such a histrionic.

• Love 5

I'm kind of hoping that Lauren is having such a miserable pregnancy and then a long painful labor that she decides she doesn't want to go through that every 12-18 months for the next 20 years. I'm pretty sure Josiah would be fine with using some sort of birth control.

8 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Can we take odds on Josiah just up and vanishing? I say he goes out for a pack of cigarettes during the labor and just never comes back.

My dad did that. He & my mom married at 18 & 15, and my brother was born 2 months later. 2 1/2 years later, my mom was 6 months pregnant with her 3rd child and my dad went out for a pack of smokes. He apparently took a left when he should have taken a right because he ended up in a different state and it took him 2 years to find his way back.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Too lazy to read comments. Did she elaborate regarding her difficult pregnancy? Or is it just, well, normal pregnancy stuff?

I didn't read all the comments...

She got about 90,000 likes and every comment is a positive one. She only responded twice that I could see - it's a girl and the dress is from Target, so nothing on the "difficult pregnancy".

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Thorkim said:

Stop with the fucking belly cradling. 

If my absolutely only way to gain any approval or attention from my family and church “friends” was to be pregnant and birth babies, I’d probably cradle my belly too. 😥

• Love 7

I'm hoping Lauren understands that a 7lb pound human with a head and two shoulders is going to come out of a rather small exit. I hope she knows there's pain involved. Pain before, during and after.

And then after all that, this 7lb human sticks around and needs all kinds of attention from adult humans, including the momma. Even when the momma is feeling tired or feeling sick. Even when the momma is having ups and downs.

Can't wait to read Lauren's post on her second anniversary while caring for an infant and pregnant with her second. I hope she remembers to mention Josiah.

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Lauren actually looks quite pretty in that second photo.  However, I have seen enough pensive gut clutching from fundie wimmins to last a lifetime.

I try to tell myself that they are just holding the fabric tight under the belly so they can display how ‘big pregnant’ they are.   I hate that phrase, by the way. 

Lauren is a child having a child.  I’m sure she thinks pregnancy is the most difficult phase of life.  The rest of us know the most difficult phase is later - when/if your child is seriously ill, injured, or  in the ICU.    I hope she’s more mature when the difficult events of motherhood happen. 

• Love 14

The married Duggar males take after JB. They need to prove to the world that they're having sex. The only way to prove this is to produce babies.

Or I guess they could have their wives share their sex games online.

I'm guessing no vasectomies for the Duggar males though.

The snip? Nah. More like a permanent headache.

"Lauren, Miss Teresa's husband said I have some sort of brain thingy that can't be fixed. I cannot resume bedroom relations."

I'm sure Lauren is going to be surely too weak from childbirth for several months to look after this kid. I wonder which Aunt-Mom will be moving in. 

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Nah, Mechelle needs her to run the house (and social media). Hannie is plenty old enough.

Remember, too, that Josiah is hardly #1 son. Lauren may merit the services of a sister-mom for taking on the task of problem-child Josiah, but she's not going to get a top tier sister-mom, either.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Maybe he will get a secret vasectomy? 

I don’t think he’d want to do that. The only way he can avoid having sex with her is to get her pregnant. If he had a vasectomy he’d never get a break because she’d never be pregnant again.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Remember, too, that Josiah is hardly #1 son. Lauren may merit the services of a sister-mom for taking on the task of problem-child Josiah, but she's not going to get a top tier sister-mom, either.

The young girls are all busy taking care of Jessa's kids, as she sits on the same couch in the TTH, she sat on growing up.

• Love 7