Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

i really dont see the conflict of si and lauren. to me they look happy.  we really have no idea how well they get along or what their relationship is like. i, for one, am hoping for the best.  and who started those 'rumors' about him in the first place? like, who would really know anything about it. it seems to me that he is young, inexperienced in life and HE believes he's in love. let's give it a chance. 

• Love 16

I will be a Pollyanna and posit it is a good thing they have such a low social media presence, therefore we don’t know much about them. If either or both of them were constantly posting how in looooooove they are, then I would wonder how much they were really just trying to convince themselves. But since they are low key, it makes me think they really are content with each other and don’t feel the need to prove it. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, irisheyes said:

Once Josiah gets married, he becomes the headship. If he wants to go to college, then he can go.  Sure, he’d probably have to start at a community college, but once he’s married, there’s tons of aid and loans available to him. He and Lauren can get a little apartment, Lauren can get a job working retail, and Josiah can go to school.  He has options cause he’s a Duggar male. Certainly more than his sisters ever will. 

Am I remembering correctly that at Josiah's rediculously huge "highschool" graduation party, Josiah stated that he is just relieved to be done with schooling. Doesn't sound too motivated to try higher education!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, graefin said:

I think Marjorie's apparent joie de vivre was a good match for the Josiah of old. Maybe Lauren is a good match for post-three-stint-Alert Josiah, who presumably got some of that individuality and spunkiness culted out of him? And perhaps he's not let down so much as resigned.

But at least Margerie had her own unique look and plenty of spunk.

Lauren just looks like all the other look-alike Gothard girls, banana curls and headship gaze and all.

Heck, she might as well be his sister; at least Jana no longer bothers with the banana curls!

• Love 6

I guess we will get a better vibe when we actually see/hear Lauren & Josiah on television. 

She looks very low key in pictures but that might not be a bad thing either. Josiah seems energetic and creative so maybe he wanted a wife who would follow and not lead or fight his leadership?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Am I remembering correctly that at Josiah's rediculously huge "highschool" graduation party, Josiah stated that he is just relieved to be done with schooling. Doesn't sound too motivated to try higher education!

I don't blame him.  How interesting or challenging can Duggar homeschool be?  It's pretty certain there were no trips to museums, science center or art classes.  Things that most homeschoolers do.  Most of the Duggars seem bright enough, and the ones who don't probably would be, if they had any type of challenging and creative schooling.    

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, beagletime said:

I don't blame him.  How interesting or challenging can Duggar homeschool be?  It's pretty certain there were no trips to museums, science center or art classes.  Things that most homeschoolers do.  Most of the Duggars seem bright enough, and the ones who don't probably would be, if they had any type of challenging and creative schooling.    

Good point.

I homeschool and my high schoolers DO NOT sit at a computer all day doing that stupid curriculum that the Duggars use. (neither do my littles)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

Never saw Marjorie, so I googled her

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/marjorie-jackson-now-156096

Better this than already being a mom , right?

Wow looks like she really dodged a bullet.  I wonder if Mechelle and Boob were like, what do you mean you plan on getting a degree from that school, but what about the babies?  You don't need to write a book yourself, we know someone that can ghost write that for you, after all your job is to take care of our son and all the children you will have.

Perhaps Josiah was attracted to her for her creativity and drive, or he was overwhelmed by it and thought he could never keep up with her, or that it was too different from the life he knew.  No idea, but I'm glad she seems happy and is living life and not pregnant with baby #2 already.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, irisheyes said:

Once Josiah gets married, he becomes the headship. If he wants to go to college, then he can go.  Sure, he’d probably have to start at a community college, but once he’s married, there’s tons of aid and loans available to him. He and Lauren can get a little apartment, Lauren can get a job working retail, and Josiah can go to school.  He has options cause he’s a Duggar male. Certainly more than his sisters ever will. 

True, but he's still a Duggar. I don't know what he does for a living, but I'm guessing that he works for his dad. Also, his parents would never encourage him to seek a higher education or to get a job outside the family or cult. I think they use Josh has a cautionary tale.

Ben, Derick and Jeremy can do whatever they want because they're not Duggars and have a family that backs them up. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, louannems said:

I remember looking up the clip before and he said he wanted to take college classes when he came back home from ALERT, which he attended shortly after graduation.

Around the time he was courting Marjorie it was also mentioned that Marjorie's dad was going to take him under his wing and teach him about graphic design. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Lunera said:

I remember looking up the clip before and he said he wanted to take college classes when he came back home from ALERT, which he attended shortly after graduation.

Around the time he was courting Marjorie it was also mentioned that Marjorie's dad was going to take him under his wing and teach him about graphic design. 

It really makes me wonder if JB put an end to the relationship. 

Marjorie does look great. I think in a different world her and Josiah would have made a cute couple, but this rush to marry and procreate just wasn't for her and if it wasn't for him, it was drummed out of him. 

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

It really makes me wonder if JB put an end to the relationship. 

Marjorie does look great. I think in a different world her and Josiah would have made a cute couple, but this rush to marry and procreate just wasn't for her and if it wasn't for him, it was drummed out of him. 

Josiah has said Marjorie ended it because it wasn’t the right time. I think she ended it because the 1-2 punch of the Josh scandals became public right after they announced the courtship. 

Now, you may say that wasn’t fair to hold that against Josiah- but remember that both entire families are expected to mix, mingle, and be compatible for the courtship to move forward. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, louannems said:

It's beyond sad.  All these Duggar kids working for Dad, most likely paid under the table, won't even contribute to society with social security taxes.

Of course, the parents who actually have enough offspring to help keep the system solvent keep them from contributing.  Which also means that none of the Duggar offspring can ever collect any Social Security including disability. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, louannems said:

It's beyond sad.  All these Duggar kids working for Dad, most likely paid under the table, won't even contribute to society with social security taxes.

And with their eleventy-billion sized families, little or no income tax, either.  Boob and his control freak ways have warped those kids and had their ambitions/individuality squeezed out of them.  They think society outside their nasty little circle isn't worth paying one's share for the greater good.

Marjorie did well to say no to marrying Si.

• Love 13

Only 10 more days til Josiah gets married! I don't know if I'm happy or sad for him. Hopefully Lauren isn't super fertile and won't get pregnant on her wedding night. I would like them to wait a good year for adding a baby,

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Only 10 more days til Josiah gets married! I don't know if I'm happy or sad for him. Hopefully Lauren isn't super fertile and won't get pregnant on her wedding night. I would like them to wait a good year for adding a baby,

There’s a food Instagrammer named Anna (socaleatery) who is very religious, married, and is partial owner of 2 matcha cafes, 3 food catering ventures, and runs a money making ‘gram.  She and her husband have been very open and honest about their struggles to conceive, and go through rough IVF treatments every month. It never works, and she posts the entire journey to help support others who are struggling...while working 24/7.  

It pisses me off that she cannot seem to conceive while these assholes pop out baby after baby and then toss them aside.

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I don't care one way or the other. But, really, he's a Duggar - and his job as a Duggar is to procreate.

Jinger's definitely the outlier among the kidults, by not popping out a honeymoon baby.

Maybe Joe Josiah and whatshername will also deviate from the norm. But if they do, I'm sure King Jim Bob will be much displeased.

Edited by Jeeves
Sorry, some of the Duggars are so fungible I make mistakes with their names
  • Love 1

Si has that pasted on fake smile.  Knocking up Lauren several times is all his future holds.  Reality is setting in, and it ain't pretty.

So which baby is which?  I'm guessing Giddyup is the one in stripes.  He's smaller, and he weighed over 10 lbs. at birth?  Wow.

• Love 5

So, he's going to have a brother-in-law who's going to be only, what, a year older than his first child? I think it's kind of fun when there are those generation-bending age differences among in-laws, etc. At least we know, because he is a Duggar Male, he will never change his BIL's diapers. Or any diapers.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

So which baby is which?  I'm guessing Giddyup is the one in stripes.  He's smaller, and he weighed over 10 lbs. at birth?  Wow.

Yes, Gideon is the one in the stripes with Austin's nose. 

Meanwhile, Duke (which isn't up there with Spurgeon as most awful fundie name, but might crack my top ten...) looks like he is less-than-thrilled to be playing a role in the Duggar circus.

• Love 3

I wonder why Giddyup is so tiny.  No Duggar baby had ever been small!  And he was huge at birth.  I know Austin looks a bit slight framed but Giddyup should be plenty plump like Duke!  I hope Joy's not having breastfeeding problems.  I hope she wouldn't be shamed for trying formula, if needed.

• Love 4

I haven't been around for awhile, but I see that the wedding is going to be next weekend? Well, I wish them the best of luck. I have a feeling it'll be awhile now before we see anymore Duggar weddings. Doesn't seem like Jana or John David will marry soon, if ever, and the rest of the boys in the family are probably still too young. Other than Jinger, is anyone pregnant again? For some reason, I really thought Jessa would be by now. Maybe having 2 little ones so close together in age put the brakes on the thought of them having 20 kids of their own. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Yes, Gideon is the one in the stripes with Austin's nose. 

Meanwhile, Duke (which isn't up there with Spurgeon as most awful fundie name, but might crack my top ten...) looks like he is less-than-thrilled to be playing a role in the Duggar circus.

I thought Duke was Mason. Then I remembered that Mason is much older. 

• Love 2

I think it's interesting that Josiah is the only Dugger to court twice.   I guess that's almost considered dating.  He's definitely the only one that can compare one potential spouse against another. 

I can't say he looks happy or unhappy, excited or petrified.  He kinda just looks the way he always looks.  

He may take after Jinger and break out a bit, or become Derelict 2.0    It will be interesting to see!

• Love 2
(edited)
33 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I think it's interesting that Josiah is the only Dugger to court twice.   I guess that's almost considered dating.  He's definitely the only one that can compare one potential spouse against another. 

I can't say he looks happy or unhappy, excited or petrified.  He kinda just looks the way he always looks.  

He may take after Jinger and break out a bit, or become Derelict 2.0    It will be interesting to see!

I hope he tries the Jinger route. Its far from ideal, but its not Derelict! The difference though is Lauren was raised drinking the KoolAid. Can Josiah break away from that? He will be the headship but I'm not sure how far he will go with her. I wish him luck. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 4

Gideon was born in February, so he would be 4 months old now. He does look smaller than Duke, but I am not sure whether Gideon is smaller than expected or Duke is larger than expected. Gideon has a cute smile, but he definitely takes after Nostrils.

• Love 2

This family really is a fascinating sociological experiment in many ways.  I know many of us think that they are actually more "worldly" in their daily lives than they portray on TV & in the media, but it's just so hard to be sure. 

They have to protect the brand at all costs, but with every kidult that marries & brings other adult family members into the circle, I think JB & Michelle's fanaticism and influence is diluted.  I just don't think they can keep track of everybody and how closely they're actually adhering to their upbringing. 

It would be cool for Si & Lauren to go rogue and just ditch the whole damn thing.  Or for somebody to!

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, leighdear said:

This family really is a fascinating sociological experiment in many ways.  I know many of us think that they are actually more "worldly" in their daily lives than they portray on TV & in the media, but it's just so hard to be sure. 

They have to protect the brand at all costs, but with every kidult that marries & brings other adult family members into the circle, I think JB & Michelle's fanaticism and influence is diluted.  I just don't think they can keep track of everybody and how closely they're actually adhering to their upbringing. 

It would be cool for Si & Lauren to go rogue and just ditch the whole damn thing.  Or for somebody to!

I agree and I think we are starting to see it in very, very small ways.... pants (and shorts!) being the first thing that comes to mind. I only hope we see more. 

• Love 3

I think Lauren was likely chosen for Si precisely because she's the likeliest candidate to keep him in line. Regardless of that male headship crap they spout, I think many of these females wield more power than they'd like the public to believe (see Michelle).

4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Mr. ALERT multi-time vet and little Miss Gothard adherent seem the least likely of all the couples (aside from JoKen...read their testimonials) to go rogue. 

I get a virus alert when I try to go to their site.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Gideon was born in February, so he would be 4 months old now. He does look smaller than Duke, but I am not sure whether Gideon is smaller than expected or Duke is larger than expected. Gideon has a cute smile, but he definitely takes after Nostrils.

He reminds me of a little old man without his dentures.  He does have a cute smile.  

It is odd that he looks tiny next to Duke, when he weighed over 10 lbs. at birth.  Poor Joy, if successive babies are even bigger.  

• Love 3