Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Fosca said:

"If you're in California, stop by and see us!"  They have no earthly idea just how big California is, do they?  They must think it's like Arkansas and everything is just a few hours' driving away from everything else.  Um, no.

I'll kind of give them a small pass, because people have different ideas of what an easy distance is. My fundie-lite friends have family 9 hours away and they manage to drive there often enough. My family would shrug it off most of the time with "too far!"  So I'm not sure if they know how big CA is.  I do think a lot of fellow fundies would willing quite a ways to meet the Duggars. 

Topic: Maybe the wedding will be this weekend?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't think so if the Bates boys are headed HOME FROM the TTH. Unless it's deflection and the rest of the family is meeting them in AR tonight or tomorrow. 

The wedding will probably be in Georgia.

(edited)

I'm curious as to where it would be.  I mean Lauren's family is from Georgia and it seems her parents and immediate family may have moved to Arkansas, but still tons of their family and friends might well be in Georgia so it could well be there.  I hope she gets to pick where she wants it and not a ,well this is where the Duggars have all their weddings type of thing.  

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Whenever I have had the need to spell it (which, to be fair, is almost never), it invariably comes out as Cavalry, and I find myself staring at it for the longest time knowing it looks wrong, but not figuring out why. 

Hehe I always want to pronounce "cavalry" like "Calvary." I always pause before saying it and often just try to avoid saying it in public as much as possible.

Weirdly enough, right before I saw the Duggar tweet, I was watching the movie Gettysburg and noticed that the actors were pronouncing "cavalry" correctly. I wonder if I'd have noticed the Duggar spelling error if I didn't have cavalry/Calvary on the brain when I clicked on the thread.

Honestly, it would have gotten less side eye from me if they had just used the wrong word rather than flat out misspelling it with an e. :D 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

I'm curious as to where it would be.  I mean Lauren's family is from Georgia and it seems her parents and immediate family may have moved to Arkansas, but still tons of their family and friends might well be in Georgia so it could well be there.  I hope she gets to pick where she wants it and not a ,well this is where the Duggars have all their weddings type of thing.  

I was going to respond with something to the effect that "Lauren has no opinions, and no say in this," but I realized that she might. I do think that women in their world have some say-so in weddings, babies, and food, so she probably gets to decide where, and when the wedding will take place.

7 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I was going to respond with something to the effect that "Lauren has no opinions, and no say in this," but I realized that she might. I do think that women in their world have some say-so in weddings, babies, and food, so she probably gets to decide where, and when the wedding will take place.

I think that a lot of the decisions about the wedding will come down to money and maybe filming. 

Josiah is twenty-one and has only worked for his dad. Not sure how much he was paid or has saved, but I would guess not much. Lauren is barely 19 and doesn't to have held a job outside the house although anything is possible. That would mean either one or both sets of parents are paying for it or TLC is. While it is traditional* for the parents of the bride to arrange/pay for things, the Duggars have more money and resources, more connections and lots of experience arranging weddings. It would seem likely that they are really helping out plan this wedding since they have a lot of time and money and Lauren's family has a young baby. 

TLC might want the wedding in Georgia for novelty's sake, so there is that. 

*I don't think much of this tradition. It's sexist. Most couples I know pay for the wedding themselves or both parents help. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

OK, maybe it's the fact that I only got 4 hours of sleep last night and still have 101 things on today's to get done list before faceplanting, but my first thought was, if I didn't know who these guys were, I would be convinced most of them are gay.  That said I did a quick scan of Elijah's IG account since it's listed there - while avoiding the to-do list, and how effing naive are these people?  A few pics back on his public site, he says that's he's been challenged to take a 2 month IG break so if his friends need to reach him, call or text at - and then put's his PHONE NUMBER on it.  Seriously???  Shakes head.  Also really tempted to comment on that and ask if he gave it up for Lent, but yea, that would start a blocking spree I'm sure  :-)

Maybe as a public service you should hit him up on said post and say, "um, dude, did you mean this to be a private post"?  Isn't it possible he forgot to change a setting?  

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I would hope that Lauren gets everything that she wants for her wedding.  It's not like she will have any other accomplishments after this day.  It's her and Josiah's day and the couple should get what they want and not what JB and Michelle have in mind.  I'm sure she has been planning this day for years and she deserves not to have her future in-laws calling all the shots.  Lord knows, the rest of her life will be controlled by them. 

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Temperance said:

While it is traditional* for the parents of the bride to arrange/pay for things, the Duggars have more money and resources, more connections and lots of experience arranging weddings. It would seem likely that they are really helping out plan this wedding since they have a lot of time and money and Lauren's family has a young baby. 

You give JimBoob much more credit than I do.  I would expect his cheap ass to get out of paying for anything if at all possible.  I think the only tabs he will pick up will be due to the wedding being filmed, TLC refusing to pay for something, and it being an absolute necessity for filming.  Other than that, I can see the jackass sitting back and letting Lauren's family figure it out.  After all, they're getting a DUGGAR!!!  Plus, why should they care about the young baby?  That just gets passed on to the sister moms.  Aren't they blessed??!!!

• Love 4

I actually think the less involvement the Duggars have, the better. If you rewatch Josh and Anna's wedding, in hindsight it was quite nice, especially considering the Kellers aren't a family of means. The wedding planners were organized and actually knew what the hell they were doing and there were more substantial food offerings besides pickles and powdered lemonade. If Lauren keeps the guest list reasonable, she should be able to have a halfway decent affair. 

• Love 23
4 hours ago, Normades said:

You give JimBoob much more credit than I do.  I would expect his cheap ass to get out of paying for anything if at all possible.  I think the only tabs he will pick up will be due to the wedding being filmed, TLC refusing to pay for something, and it being an absolute necessity for filming.  Other than that, I can see the jackass sitting back and letting Lauren's family figure it out.  After all, they're getting a DUGGAR!!!  Plus, why should they care about the young baby?  That just gets passed on to the sister moms.  Aren't they blessed??!!!

My daughter got married a few years back.  Mr. Xword and I paid for the lion's share (thousands), daughter and SIL paid for the rest.  Daughter's new FIL is notoriously cheap.  He even balked at paying for the rehearsal dinner, which was less than $300 to him.  Since her FIL and second wife don't drink, they refused to pay for the alcohol at said dinner.  

Cheap bastards like Jizzim Blob really chap my ass.  It's not like he's still wasting his money on failed elections, and asking for "love donations."  UGH!

You can't take it with you, cheapies.  Why be such a selfish asshole?

• Love 14

That registry is so shameful. These people are the WORST. They don't post many pictures of the two of them, but when they do, it's sure to be a "golly gee we're doing our registry today" photo so people would look it up and buy them crap. Oh, and just in case, we'll comment and tell you about our registry! That's one of the few comments we answer! Hmm.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, The Ascension said:

That registry is so shameful. These people are the WORST. They don't post many pictures of the two of them, but when they do, it's sure to be a "golly gee we're doing our registry today" photo so people would look it up and buy them crap. Oh, and just in case, we'll comment and tell you about our registry! That's one of the few comments we answer! Hmm.

They've gone a step further and put the link to their registry in their Instagram bio ;)

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

This is the post from the Intouch article 

I don't even know where to start with this...Took me a while to even decipher with all those excess commas sprinkled throughout. "You make Jesus look beautiful"?? Um, I have to say, that's new and different. She is quite the enthusiastic one, isn't she?

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, The Ascension said:

I think SiRen will be sorely disappointed in the outcom of their registry pimping efforts. Duggar weddings have become a dime a dozen, and nobody really cares when it's one of the sons. The attendance for JoKen's ceremony was pretty sparse compared to that of the J'Slaves. We haven't seen much of Si and Lauren as a couple, so I can't imagine even the most diehard fans feeling enough attachment to spend money on a wedding gift. Si's dreams of a pantry full of glassware may never come true.

• Love 3
On 5/31/2018 at 5:31 PM, Lunera said:

Trace and Lawson were at the Duggar compound this week. I'm guessing for the bachelor party. I found it hilarious that Trace tagged Jessa's IG handle for Ben when he has his own. 

c1301f09-8c9b-415e-956b-f47670d6c51b-540x884.png.d7a31095ce165f2044312bae88c5756b.png

What absolute dweebs. 

• Love 11

I bet the wedding is this weekend since they have friends in town for the bachelor party and I'm sure they are filming now.

Is crossfitHannah Lauren's sister?  I wouldn't think fundies would do crossfit--it's very coed.

• Love 1
(edited)

I also thought Lauren was the oldest, and I'm surprised people seemingly devout to Gothardism have a child mainstream enough to do Crossfit.

Edited to add: Based on her Instagram, her last name isn't Swanson (which doesn't necessarily mean anything) and she has photos with her mother who isn't Lauren's. There is a strong resemblence. 

Editing to add2: Only that picture with Lauren, but two with Jinger, one with Jana and Maisie, and one in the TTH with Joe caught unawares. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Hannah Lauren's older sister? I thought Lauren was the oldest.

No, I think the little sis refers to Sister in Christ. I don't think they are related at all. Lauren is the oldest sibling in her family. 

eta: One of the planes flew from ALERT into Springdale earlier this evening. JD is now in place for the wedding. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I bet the wedding is this weekend since they have friends in town for the bachelor party and I'm sure they are filming now.

Is crossfitHannah Lauren's sister?  I wouldn't think fundies would do crossfit--it's very coed.

I think in some circumstances you can plead physical fitness as a good and righteous higher goal, especially if you just show up for the class and then bug out as soon as possible after the class.  They look cute, anyway... I wish I had a milkshake.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, queenanne said:

I think in some circumstances you can plead physical fitness as a good and righteous higher goal, especially if you just show up for the class and then bug out as soon as possible after the class.  They look cute, anyway... I wish I had a milkshake.  

But how in the hell can you do it in a skirt without dying?!

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, AUgirl said:

But how in the hell can you do it in a skirt without dying?!

Probably a knee-length skirt over leggings. That was Joy’s ensemble of choice when she was hitting the gym before her wedding. I’m more impressed by all the eye makeup they’re wearing. I would think the sweating would make it run into their eyes and blind them. 

• Love 2

Blimey, she is a bit........excited.......

Before my blasted laptop gives out again (it's not even a year old, grr), is Lauren actually alive and breathing? She has exactly the same facial expression in every photo. Even in this one. It's always mildly interested, but slightly vacant. Odd.

I see that overenthusiastic one is close to the Dugwads. The ubiquious Becky Masker never fails to shock either with her boundary lacking comments there. How does she find them? She must spend every waking second trawling the net. Shudder.

• Love 4

I am avoiding my yard work and checked out Lauren's friend IG page.  Hannah flew in from Dallas and is already back home in Dallas, so maybe just in for the wedding?  She has photos with Jana and Laura as well as with Jinger so I'm guessing she's known the Duggars for awhile.  That being said she has photos of herself in....Pants!  Jeans!!!  and gasp, SHORTS!  So I'm not sure how she fits into the Duggar type lifestyle.

• Love 2
On May 31, 2018 at 2:31 PM, Lunera said:

Trace and Lawson were at the Duggar compound this week. I'm guessing for the bachelor party. I found it hilarious that Trace tagged Jessa's IG handle for Ben when he has his own. 

c1301f09-8c9b-415e-956b-f47670d6c51b-540x884.png.d7a31095ce165f2044312bae88c5756b.png

So after some time burning research, it's the heat I tell you, I discovered that Ben follows a whopping 19 people on IG - none of them are anyone in this photo.  Both the Bates boys and Elijah follow Jessa and she follows back, so I'm guessing that's why Jessa's tag got used.  

And I find Elijah's IG account interesting.  He seems to spend a lot of time with both the Duggars and the Bates and there's even a photo with him out to eat, along with James, with the entire Caldwell family back in 2016.  Are the families just passing the poor kid between them?  He was shown in a clip this past year as the foreman for Jim Bob's landscaping biz where he was telling the Duggar boys what to do, and again in a clip from Jessa in Colorado where he was manning the grill.  His mother's day photo?  Running the grill at the Duggar compound.  Hmmmm

• Love 1

Duggar males are too valuable to have them hang from a cherry picker. Not to talk about the possible damage to the gonads destined to produce an army for Jesus.

• Love 3
On 5/31/2018 at 12:09 PM, Sew Sumi said:

It was an old episode of 17 Kids (Mechelle was pregnant ith Jordyn). Production dropped them in the Haight, where they wandered into a headshop. Boob marveled at the "funny looking" pipes. ? They found a boho skirt (on sale, natch) for Joy. TLC did NOT follow them to their speaking engagement in Lodi the next day. 

Are you excrementing me?

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I read this and thought "Wonder who's bringing the weed?"   Which way is the Prayer Closet?  I've never been.

......just follow the crumbs of snacks and dribbles of wine and frothy drinks. There’s a lot of us in here!

• Love 4